All hotels in Kanab, Utah, United States of America
386 East 300 South, Kanab, UT, 84741, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
    2.5
"wake up call"
didn't call twice to wake me up and then lied to my face about it...phone was disconnected!!!
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Room is small but the location is good"
The name is called suite but it's not a suite at all. The room is small but the beds are not bad. It seems that they recently updated their mattresses. Breakfast is minimal.
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
western travel
"Best bed ever!"
Very friendly staff. Definitely the most comfortable bed I've slept in at a hotel/motel.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
The staff was very sweet and friendly, but the beds were really uncomfortable. The room was small and and not well kept.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
A one time stay
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Just an overnite stop.. Would not want to spend more time than that.. Rooms are small, but a nice King Bed..
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Don
"Good Value."
Good location right on the highway. Reasonable rates. It was just what I needed. The room was a bit small for my taste. The bed was so soft, I had to sleep in the middle. Breakfast wasn't much. It was pretty simple.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
"Last available; close to Nat'l Parks"
Bathroom somewhat updated; mattress soft on outside; hallway dark. Exterior appearance & arrangement leaves much to be desired.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
retred
"good!"
good!
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
Hongan
"Disappointing"
Only hotel available for the date we needed, would not choose again. Previous ratings indicated it was not up to par, but we needed a place to sleep. Only redeeming factor---new mattress on bed!
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"The new showers are great"
I chose it because of the location and the price. When I arrived I was a bit concerned because it was obvious they were doing a lot of upgrade work because the old stuff (mattresses, shower floors, etc.), although neatly arranged, were all over the place.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Jack
"Brand new beds very comfortable."
The room was small but very clean. The place was quite quiet.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Bad - Stay away"
This place is an absolute disgrace. The hotel was rated at 2 stars. I would not even give it one star. Half a star at most. A two star hotel is like a Days Inn / Comfort Inn. The hotel was Unclean with a weird kind of smell permeating throughout the property. Th carpet in the room and the hallways looked liked it has not been cleaned in a couple of years. The room was dark, dank and cramped. The size was just more than two double beds. The only source of light in the room was an overhead light fixture and a table lamp, both with 40W bulb. The beds were flimsy and we could both feel the bed springs and the bed sheets were questionable. The toilet was filthy with mold in the showers and paint peeling off the toilet seat. No Hairdryer or iron & stand/ water glasses in the room. Kanab has a Holiday Inn Express and a Comfort Inn and stay in those hotels if you are planning a trip
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Unsatisfied Customer
"Nice area, disappointing hotel"
The highlight was nice mattresses. But old mattresses were stacked up in the parking lot to be removed. Trash containers were overflowing. Few amenities - no coffee maker; no remote for the small TV; no clock.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Decent enough, right up until..."
You know - you get what you pay for. All in all, it was not a bad place to stay - but definitely not the nicest either. I would have probably given it a better review, had the hotel staff not called my room at 4 in the morning, asking if I had a boat (which I didn't). If you are really worried about the parking arrangements, ask for vehicle information during the check-in process like every other hotel - not by waking me up after a very late night drive.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
"Ok if you just need to sleep."
Not the best quality, but got a good rate and is completely fine if you just need it for one night.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Jacek
Decent, cheap hotel to stop and get a few hours sleep. Newly tiled shower was nice.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Russ
couldn't have breakfest before work, coffee was cold, had to go somewhere else to get coffee. Coffee should be in the rooms, carpet in the room was dirty, cobwebs in the corners,
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
The rooms were small. Bldg needed painting. Weeds growing around bldg.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Good location - poor quality"
The motel is in the process of being remodeled. There was supposed to be free wireless, but I was never able to make a connection. In fact, the network names on the slip of paper the clerk gave me did not match the name that my iPad found. (the spelling was different and it would not recognize the password the clerk gave me). Our room was labeled "smoke free" but the room had been cleaned with a chemical that was as bad as the smoke. The breakfast room was too small and the only cereals offered were sugar-coated.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"NEVER AGAIN"
If the overpowering stench of curry in the lobby wasn't bad enough...the hallway leading to the rooms reeked of a cheap flowery spray or cleaner. The room itself was a disgustingly smelling area. I had to run the a/c fan all night to (partially) alleviate it. The TV was small and incredibly old. The shower door wouldn't completely close the interior of it was moldy and glued together with caulking. Obviously the owners put as little into this DUMP as possible to maintain it. I travel for work and stay in a lot of hotel/motels, but this was by far in the top 5 of the worst ever. I will not recommend it in any way other than Kanab is an absolutely beautiful place.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014
"WiFi"
The motel is clearly under renovation and a lot of improvements are underway. However, their WiFi is not up to standards. My room was about 200 feet from the lobby and my WiFi signal was very weak. i never did get online. If that is important, don't stay there.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014
"The last 2 nights I will ever spend here."
The room was clean and comfortable enough but the bed didn't have a bottom sheet. There was a mini fridge that worked. It went well with the mini television. There were a lot of runaround children and adults that treated my motorcycle like playground equipment. Heavy hall walking, door banging and water running until 3:00 AM.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2014
biomarty
"Stay in Kanab"
We were late in making our reservations, and this was one place that was available. We arrived late in the evening and the staff worker at the desk was very polite and anxious to help. However, there were some language difficulties, so he called another co-employee who we could understand well and get everything settled with our reserved room. We stayed one night. The bed was too firm, and the caulking in the shower showed some mildew. The staff were friendly.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Don
"Kanab"
It was Impossible to open windows, small room, noice in the evening
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
xx
"Old motel"
Old hotel with small rooms, time for renovation. Breakfast and internet are ok.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
beo
"Reasonable hotel for the low cost"
Motel old, but in reasonable. Bed a bit soft. Breakfast included, but limited. They did have make your own waffles which I enjoyed, but no eggs, bacon or sausage. On the whole, given the low price for the room, I was pleased.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"okay place to spend a night"
Mom and pop operation, recently changed ownership. Tiny shower, no bath. Shower very slippery. Old fashioned TVs. Very basic room. Was mostly empty and quiet. Basic breakfast, no fruit or yogurt. breakfast was in hour later than scheduled.
1 night business trip Apr 25, 2014
"BASICS ARE REQUIRED, EVEN IN A CHEAP(ER) MOTEL!"
Upon check-in, we were given a room with 2 double beds, as requested. The walls were stark white, so you could see lots of marks on them. When looking at one of the beds, there was a huge sag in the middle. We requested another room, and they said they would put us in a better one. My question is, why not put us in a better room to begin with? There was a microwave and fridge in the room, as requested, but you could see that it was really dirty...they wiped off the top of the fridge around the microwave. The next room was better...walls were painted, headboards on the bed; however, 1 of the beds was super squeaky. The first night, my husband and I ATTEMPTED to sleep on it...the second night, we traded with the kids and got much more sleep. The grounds were not kept up. Grass was up past our knees in the planters in and around the property. On the positive side, their waffles were good; there was a free breakfast included. They had coffee, 2 kinds of cereal, hot cereal, toast, and blueberry m
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
S
"Crowded with the two queen beds."
We just needed a place to sleep. Our adult daughter was with us. It adequately served us. We are not picky. It didn't have distinguishing or unique characteristics.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
"Real Motel experience"
Motel was clean, older. Only thing I didn't like was that the beds were rock hard! Everything worked. Would go there again.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
CAP
"A Good Hotel for an Over Night Stay"
When we planned our trip to visit family in Arizona, we knew that we would need a place to stay over night on the way home. When we looked at the website for motels in Kanab, Utah, we found this motel. The price was right for a place to rest on the way home. The motel is a little old, but we found our room to be clean, neat and the bed was very comfortable. We arrived late in the evening, and the staff was very polite and accommodating in spite of the late hour. We also liked the fact that our room accessed and opened into an interior hallway, rather than to the outside parking lot. It looks like they are in the process of doing some upgrades. Breakfast was very simple, but it satisfied us.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
Briant
"Pleasant, no frills"
We enjoyed our stay! It was quiet and fit our needs. There was no bathtub, only an older model shower stall ( It needed new chaulk). After working with the animals all day I would have preferred to soak in the tub. I enjoyed the continental breakfast. I would stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2014
Rebecca
"Fit our Needs"
Mostly the motel was adequate for our needs which was a good sleep at night. It is quiet and everything worked as advertised. The room seemed crowded due to the two beds in it. The shower and shower door had what appeared to be mold. The TV's were the old fashioned standard aspect ratio TV's so they tended to cut off a lot of the picture on HD channels. The décor was 70's or 80's at best. The internet is fast and the breakfast was good. It looks like they are in the process of upgrading the rooms so the appearance may get better in time. The parking lot is big and excellent. We spent our time while in Kanab in the hills hiking and ATV'ing.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Cheap and functional"
Very basic. We just needed somewhere to stay for the night to break up a long trip and this was the cheapest place. Just a classic case of you get what you pay for. Room was warm with large comfy king sized bed with clean sheets. Bathroom left little to be desired with mold in the shower and the florescent light cover being held up by drawing pins. The owners (or managers) were a young, nice and efficient, Indian couple who were pleasant enough to deal with. Overall the place could use revamping but it was functional for the night.
Other trip Jan 12, 2014
Olivia
First room smelled like urine. A lot. TV didnt work, internet didnt work. I would not recommend this to anyone. Switched rooms and the other room was only slightly better.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Okay for the price"
Seemed like it was aiming at a client that wasn't too worried about details, more just clean and liveable for the night. It was that and not much else.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
"It is OK to stay"
Room is clean and spacious, but the equipment is old. The location is good.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2013
ywu007
"Ok for One Night"
Close to Zion, the Hotel rooms are small and could need an update, but the price was ok.
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
Sabrina
"Fair price for a nights stay"
Our room was very clean but the fixtures and room seemed quite old and in need of some improvements but it was comfortable and checking in was fast and easy (pre-booked with Expedia). Did not eat the breakfast that was included with our room rate but it sure smelled good. Rooms are very plain and simple but once again, clean and that was important to us. Looked as though they were about to begin some sort of renovation so there were alot of construction materials spread here and there. We would stay here again.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
DT
"needs upgrading and repairs"
I am sure the hotel is working on their interior BUT the outside was really junkie. The TV did not work so they sent us to another room which did not work much better. Would I stay there again? Probably not- it needs work. The staff was nice though.
1 night trip Nov 6, 2013
Rosi
"Silence"
There is a weird sign in the check in lobby that says keep silent. Anyway, my room was pleasant but very small. No bath tub in the bathroom. The TV desperately needs updating. I also almost fell through the bed it was so old and or used. Finally, the guy running breakfast turned the light off while me and other guests were finishing our meal. He wanted to make sure we got the message that breakfast was over. The place is reasonably priced though.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2013
Timothy
"Good place to crash on the way to Zion or Bryce"
The Royal Inn & Suites is an aged facility, but extremely well kept. The old rugs are spotless, the old fixtures in the bathroom unscratched and work perfectly. Nothing is sticky or moldy or worn out - just old. The rooms are small with just space for two double beds. But the mattress seemed new and was a 9 out of 10, which is the most important feature, right? The staff was very friendly, breakfast was adequate, and everything was carefully repaired and spotless. The old air conditioner/heating unit was good as the night got chilly, and the white noise it put out all night was great. I slept soundly and continued on to Zion for the day. Came back, everything had been tidied, I had new towels and slept soundly again. This place is not the Holiday Inn, much less the Ritz, and it completely exceeded expectations.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"Cold...."
The toilet ran 24/7 and was extremely loud. The heater, while it was on, only produced warm air about 2 minutes per hour, ans seeing that it was 27 degrees outside, we huddled together all nite like we were about to get frost bite at any moment. And thirdly, i got up to take a very welcomed HOT shower, only to find that it turned ice cold before I could even get my hair wet..Nice. No, I would not recommend Royal Inn.
1 night romance trip Oct 15, 2013
shawn
"Great view of red rock cliffs"
Overall a little disappointing. Breakfast was good. Room was tiny for 4 people. The hotel seemed a little run down.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Dump"
I'm not opposed to staying in a "fleabag" hotel now and then. But this one hit the "dump" rating in every single category without fail, so I thought it deserved special notice. The desk staff seemed totally indifferent. The smells coming from the hall were a vague mixture of mildew and cooking smells. The "double" room was basically a very small single bed sized room with two double beds shoved up against opposite walls, with about 3 feet between the beds. With three people in there it was very crowded. The mattresses where not just super thin and cheap, but appeared to be very old and run down. Everything about the room appeared shabby. The shower unit plastic was pealing away from the wall, and whoever sloppily installed it must have been as indifferent as the staff. Everything in the room seemed on the verge of falling apart. It is clear that the proprietors have placed no value on making the rooms more friendly and habitable, and that for years, perhaps decades, no money has been spent beyond the minimum required to make the rooms barely functional. Lots of cheap hotels exude a kind of minimalist run-down charm of sorts, but this one was just ugly and depressing - verging on creepy. We only stayed one night, and never will make that mistake again, so admittedly I may not have the full picture. But I'm pretty sure I got a good overview. Would have been a bit more reasonable at 1/2 the price, and then at least you would *expect* a dump. As is, don't patronize this hotel.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
"Just Basic"
The hotel is not worth more the 70US$. It seems they plan on renovating it but the price should not be increased before that has happened.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"Okay for one night stay"
The hotel I booked was $59, and then plus taxes it added up to $72, feels like the tax is a bit to high.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Disappointing"
Convenient location but disappointing quality of accommodations. We weren't expecting mold in the shower, broken face plate on an electrical outlet with access to the wires, extremely noisy refrigerator, 20" TV with very poor reception and clarity. The breakfast " buffet" consisted of toast, waffles and cereal. There was not an adequate amount of food to accommodate the amount of guests. I expected better from Expedia. The hotel staff were not very helpful.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
Older property with small rooms
1 night trip Sep 25, 2013