All hotels in Spring Lake, New Jersey, United States of America
200 Monmouth Avenue, Spring Lake, NJ, 07762, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Delicious food
    Quite clean
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
"Lovely place"
Friendly staff; beautiful hotel; close to the beach. Not an elaborate breakfast but lots of places close by if you want more.
1 night trip May 30, 2013
"OUR STAY"
WE WERE WELCOME RIGHT AWAY VERY FRIENDLY AND FELT SO COMFORTABLE ... OUR ROOM WAS PERFECT AND VERY ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYTHING...SHE OFFERED A GOOD PLACE TO EAT WHICH IT WAS
Other trip May 25, 2013
"beautiful late 1800's house"
conveniently located within walking distance of beach town etc. great staff bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable excellent restaurant although somewhat pricey make sure you order the shrimp appetizer upgraded to suite without even asking large comfortable rooms a very enjoyable experience
Other trip May 24, 2013
"Great location to the beach"
We found the hotel very accommodating, the room clean and the bed comfortable. We only stayed one night as we were running a marathon the next day but have already booked a weekend for the Summer. Love the area!
1 night trip May 4, 2013
Patricia K.
Charming hotel, tastefully decorated.
1 night trip May 3, 2013
"Lovely stay in Spring Lake, NJ"
It was a very nice hotel & we enjoyed our stay The rooms were beautiful & the view was amazing. The only thing that needed improvement was the water pressure in the shower; or lack thereof.
Other trip Apr 29, 2013
Steve & Karen
"Old world beauty"
Actually would rate 4.5/5. But unable to add the half.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
"Excellent Stay"
A true gem what a find! You will love this place.
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2013
Karl
"Beautiful and unusual"
This is an adorable B&B less than five minutes from the shore. The hotel is beautiful and you really feel like you're staying in a Victorian home. It is definitely an older feeling place, but it's clean and has great hot water and is very comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2013
"Off season, but great experience"
The hotel is lovely with caring people. The bed was most comfortable. The ocean is just a block away, so it was very convenient to go running. I visited during the off season, and pretty much had the hotel to myself. It is much more like a B&B than a hotel.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2013
Excellent hotel, clean and friendly. Restaurant is very good too.
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2013

We visited for a short post-Christmas break and had a very relaxing time. The room was lovely with a very spacious marble bathroom and the hotel is well located close to the lake and a short walk from the town and beach. Breakfast was basic but it was possible to take food to the comfort of our room. We ate in 'Whispers' (the on-site restaurant) on the Saturday evening and would thoroughly recommend this; the food and service was incredible and its bring your own policy meant that we could transfer our champagne from our room to the restaurant! Thank you!!
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2015
Darren
"Beautiful historic property"
This gorgeous home offers a lovely setting for travellers, great location with wrap around veranda over looking a lake, what more could you ask for.
Other trip Oct 30, 2015
"Nice place for a relaxed vacation"
Great little honeymoon!
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
Oliver

"Hieno ja rauhallinen hotelli"
Todella viihtyisä hotelli. Olisin voinut jäädä asumaan.
2 night trip Jun 3, 2014
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2014
1 night business trip May 19, 2014
1 night trip May 6, 2014
1 night trip May 8, 2014
"Looking at wedding venues! Great stop in between!"
1 night romance trip Jan 25, 2014
1 night trip Mar 23, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Hewitt Wellington

"Areqa"
02/10/16 OJ R Woodbridge, New Jersey
Staff, was warm,knowledgeable and courteous. Service you experienced was perfect. Classic room # 11, corner w/ living room, Frig, microwave, Flat Screen and comfortable rest rooms. Location had plenty of parking, walking distance to beach. Local Pubs was near by which you can drive or have food delivered. What I like best is the peaceful area, quiet B&B, Historic site for both Winter & Summer.
"above and beyond"
02/06/16 2011-CO New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I stayed here when I was in NJ to be with my father in his last days. Cathy went out of her way to accommodate my needs. The room was lovely. Because I was never able to be there for breakfast, one night I found a large piece of chocolate cake on the dresser with a hand written note.
"Just perfect"
02/01/16 Kathy K Holden, Massachusetts
Amazing charm in this historic building. Staff couldn't have been more helpful or pleasant. It's a 10, handicap parking space would have made it a 10+. The town is close by as well as major routes to go North or South.
"Amazingly relaxing!"
01/29/16 Carol Y New Lebanon, New York
We arrived after the BIG BLIZZARD, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that somehow that did not affect our stay or how always wonderful and relaxing it is to stay here. In fact we decided to stay an additional day! We had lots of time to enjoy the views, listen to the church chimes from Saint Catherines, and visit my Aunt Anna at Sunrise daily. Just up the road on Route 35 there are plenty of antiques and great shops in Red Bank to explore. Our rooms were just like being at home, comfy, clean and cozy! Always a pleasure and Kathy is very accomodating! .
"The Blizzard of 2016!"
01/27/16 Readingtokids
I'll always remember the blizzard of 2016 but not for the 20 plus inches of snow that fell on Spring Lake, NJ. I'll fondly remember my stay (4 days) at the Hewitt Wellington hotel, the lovely guests and one fantastic manager - all of whom made my birthday weekend that much more beautiful! From the onset of Kathy's (manager) sunny smile & friendly greeting to her.... * carrying my bags up to the 2nd floor * introducing me to fellow guests (Jen & Brain- loved sharing the pizza, cake, wine & photos) * setting up & playing board games w/us * treating me to a birthday dessert @ Whispers * helping my friend & I dig out our cars- so much snowwwww (unbelievable) 👏 Yes, as always my suite was prepared, enjoyed my dinner @ Whispers, loved walking along the beach - even following a snowstorm but most importantly my visits at Hewitt Wellington are EXTRA SPECIAL because of the manager Kathy! Kathy treats ALL of her guests like family....welcoming you into your home away from home! There are several places that will accommodate you in Spring Lake however if you'd prefer to be treated like family then I suggest you stay at the Hewitt Wellington!
"Beautiful, relaxing, historic hotel in a beautiful, relaxing, and historic town"
01/18/16 Matt F Washington DC, District of Columbia
My fiancé and I went to Spring Lake for the weekend and made the great choice of staying at the Hewitt Wellington. The hotel sits right on the lake, and is strolling distance to the boardwalk and 3rd Avenue. The room was well-appointed and comfortable. Above all else, the staff was incredibly welcoming, and helped make our stay one to remember.
"Hewitt Wellington in Winter"
01/10/16 Jeff D Doylestown, Pennsylvania
I had to pass through Spring Lake on business last week so I decided to stay over at the Hewitt Wellington. I'm so glad I did. In January, Spring Lake (including the H-W) has a somewhat "deserted" feeling, which is fine by me. The lake is still beautiful, if not more so, and it was very peaceful. I had a fabulous dinner at "Whispers," and left feeling refreshed and satisfied.
"Our 2nd Stay at the Hewitt Wellington."
01/04/16 Luann D Albany, New York
We stayed in Rm. #2 this time. It was lovely, very nicely furnished and had an entrance out to the front porch overlooking Spring Lake. It wasn't until we were turning in at 10:00 pm that we became aware that our bed linen had not been changed since the previous guests had left! The front desk was closed, so a call was made to the emergency number that was posted. Within 5 minutes, a very nice young lady arrived and changed the bedding, apologizing for the error and promised to notify housekeeping. Our bill was also discounted 15% for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, the bed itself offered no support and made for a sleepless night. Even though this was not a wonderful stay, we will visit again because we truly believe the staff was sincerely concerned and immediately set out to rectify the situation. The next time we reserve a room, though, we will be asking about the condition of the mattress. We stayed in Room 3 on our first visit, and although the accommodations were much smaller, the bed offered a very good night's sleep!
"Great Bed, Breakfast... Not So Much"
01/04/16 50Cassandra Maplewood, New Jersey
The Hewlett Wellington rooms are everything you would expect from a NJ B&B. The staff is helpful and rooms were clean and spacious. My only issue was the Breakfast. Really need to up their game in this area. Better coffee, bagels, would move this from a very good to Excellent.
"NYE visit Should have read the reviews!!"
12/31/15 pugmom26 Howell, New Jersey
In general the hotel was nice. We chose room 16 without checking reviews . Everything the reviewer said was true. There is no flat screen TV and the carpet is gross. It needed to be changed long ago. The review was answered by management explaining that they do renovation during the off season , guess they didn't get to it yet. They didn't require a two night stay on NYE so for one night it's ok.