All hotels in Spring Lake, New Jersey, United States of America
200 Monmouth Avenue, Spring Lake, NJ, 07762, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Jersey Shore"
In a beautiful old beach community. Room nice and very comfortable. Kind of surprised when we arrived at 4pm(check in time) and no one was there to greet us, only a note with a contact number. It was Thanksgiving but still a little bit of a shock. Biggest problem was 2 flights of winding stairs and no elavator. 2 big bags meant at least 2 trips. Would not recommend for older travelers unless you can ensure a first floor room.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2012
Rick and Anita
"Quaint Accomodation"
My husband and I stayed for only one Saturday night during the off season. We had to wait about ten minutes to check in because the person behind the desk was off running other errands but he was very accommodating and friendly. He gave us the names and hours of the people who would be at the desk and the on-call number, which we thought was courteous. We also liked that the front doors would be locked after the desk was no longer staffed. The room was nice, although the bed was small and stiff considering that we stayed in a suite. The hotel itself was beautiful and in a very scenic location across from Spring Lake and a short distance to the beach. The breakfast was modest but satisfactory and we enjoyed our stay. We would stay in this hotel again.
Other trip Nov 19, 2012
Victoria
Employees were not the friendliest & condition of room was not top notch as I expected.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2012
Bert Eaton
".Stay in Sept."
friendly staff, very pleasing surroundings. Quiet surroundings.
Other trip Sep 16, 2012
"Definitely stay again when in the area"
Very accommodating and helpful staff. Comfortable, well equipped room. Two blocks to ocean
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2012

"Nice place for a relaxed vacation"
Great little honeymoon!
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
Oliver

"Hieno ja rauhallinen hotelli"
Todella viihtyisä hotelli. Olisin voinut jäädä asumaan.
2 night trip Jun 3, 2014
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2014
1 night business trip May 19, 2014
1 night trip May 6, 2014
1 night trip May 8, 2014
"Looking at wedding venues! Great stop in between!"
1 night romance trip Jan 25, 2014
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Hewitt Wellington

"Okay - could be better"
07/04/15 Donna C Mine Hill, New Jersey
The hotel location is good and the staff is very nice and helpful however our stay was not as good as we had anticipated. We had reserved a first floor room with a private porch for a 3 night stay in June 2015. Upon arrival, we were told that the air conditioning in our room was not working. Another room was provided however it was on the 2nd floor with no private porch which was very disappointing. We feel we should have been told about this issue before our arrival and an full refund should have been offered if the new room was not acceptable. In addition, the TV in the our sitting room was vintage 1980 and tin and the carpeting was very dirty and stained.
"Disappointed this time"
07/02/15 Helen A Waldwick, United States
The location of this hotel is ideal. . However, not having central air conditioning (a loud portable unit was substituted) during the summer is unacceptable. We could have been told prior to our arrival, or better yet, given some sort of discount for our inconvenience. Unfortunately, this may prevent us from returning.
"Great/No help"
07/02/15 Lorenmat Staten Island, New York
I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights (June 27 to 29). The staff was wonderful until our last day. During our stay, it poured for the first 2 days. When we checked out on Monday the rain finally stopped. We were excited to go to the beach until we were told we had to give back our beach badges. We had already signed for them and asked if we could return them later on that day. The response was no. I explained that we enjoyed our stay and the sun was finally out. I asked again if they could help us out and I received no response. After staying for 2 nights I at least expected a "let me see what I can do?" I was disappointed in the service. So, we paid to go to the beach!!! Also, the AC doesn't work and the sound of the unit drove me and my husband crazy.
"Good news/bad news"
07/01/15 fabulsgrl Lansdale, Pennsylvania
First, the good news: I gave this hotel three stars because of the outside charm, location, comfy mattress and friendliness of the staff. All of those things speak well for the hotel. I did not use the pool so I can't comment on that. Oh, and parking was good, too. Plus, it's in Spring Lake -- what's not to love??!! Now, the other side. This was my first time at this hotel. Thus, I've stayed in this one room only and can't speak to whether any of the other rooms are like this one. First, the phone didn't work and I couldn't contact the front desk. The clerk traded it out for me, but I never checked again to see if the second one worked. The hair dryer is vintage 1967, was falling off the wall and didn't work. Luckily, I brought my own. Dust was everywhere, and I mean thick dust. I mentioned this to the desk clerk when I checked in on Sunday, but it wasn't dusted on Monday so I guess no one relayed the message to housekeeping. I wrote her a note and she dusted everything then. However, someone should be supervising, don't you think? Also, I never did figure out how to turn the fans on. And the air conditioner thermostat was falling off the wall. I don't think it worked. Luckily, the weather was such that I could open the windows and get a nice breeze. Final caution, don't spend too much time looking at the carpet and bring slippers! I had a nice time at the beach but I don't think I'd stay here again unless I read that it's had some work done.
"Beautiful Exterior, room less then desired"
07/01/15 Rena K
The hotel itself was very enchanting, historically well taken care of on the outside. Spring Lake is a beautiful town and wanted to enjoy the serene beach atmosphere. I made the reservations through Kathy and pre-paid for 2 nights. Upon entering the room, all looked very nice. The first night I awoke to a foul mildew smell only to find it was coming from the bedding which was old on inspection. I opened the windows as their was no one working front desk after hours. The next day I decided to check further and found pillows were very badly stained and since I had prepaid I made the best of the situation until check out. I notified the front desk about the bedding and upon entering my room house keeping had come in and removed old bedding. The mattress was lumpy and old also, mildew in the bath shower, hair in and around bathroom including ants. All was discussed with Kathy. Price did NOT warrant stay.
"Dee's visit 2015"
06/30/15 dee0h Collingswood, New Jersey
The room was really nice and we had to be moved due to the air conditioner in our original unit was not up to par. The room #11 was so nice. the only problem was the room needed to be vacumn and when I told the gal at the front desk to have someone vacumn..she was very kind and said sure thing. When we got back to the room it was not vacumned and the she forgot to give us any towels. I then asked the woman who just cleaned out room to vacumn and she started saying...oh we are just replenshing...we do not vacum. I was a little upset..because I was embarrased that she was continuing to tell me that no one told her to vacumn, as I was walking down the steps. the amount of money we paid..I would think that the sheets would have been changed at least 1 to 2 times the 4 nights that I stayed. Having to continue to wait for the room to be replinshed was also really inconvenient...because we left for 2 and 3 hrs at a time to give her enough time to clean. Cannot say enough about Kathy...she is super helpful and kind and I know that we will visit again because she listens to her customer's if reasonable. Thanks
"Couldn't be better!"
06/23/15 Robert R Glen Rock, New Jersey
Our grandchildren love this place and the manager treated them like her own. We stayed in room 1 which is our favorite. The pool is great! The hotel is in walking distance of the beach and lake. The building and grounds are beautiful, .
"Great Stay for in Town Wedding"
06/19/15 Shadow2012 Pine Ridge, Florida
My wife and I attended a in Town Wedding at another facility and decided to stay over night at the Hewitt Wellington. Great Place Old but very nice. The location on the lake was simply perfect, an easy walk to the beach and close to the quaint "downtown" area of Spring Lake. All of the staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. We loved the cozy decor of our room and the continental breakfast was a little light as to most places but OK. Highly recommend this charming hotel! Great Staff We would return just to do nothing and sit on the great front porch and relax!.
"Peaceful and perfect"
06/18/15 KJPM7 Tucson, Arizona, United States
We booked a suite at the Hewitt Wellington for surprise girls' getaway for my mom's 60th birthday. The location on the lake was simply perfect, an easy walk to the beach and close to the quaint "downtown" area of Spring Lake. All of the staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. We loved the cozy decor of our room and enjoyed the continental breakfast. Highly recommend this charming hotel!
"Beautiful weekend at a beautiful Hotel"
06/16/15 Anthony C
My wife and I had a great weekend at the Hewitt Wellington, we had great weather and the Hotel feels more like a home then a hotel. Our room was decent to small sized with a huge bathroom! Make sure you bring your bikes there during the spring and summer times, its a great area to ride and seems like that's just the thing to do there. The beach is perfect! Super clean and not busy (you won't have to worry about being shoulder to shoulder at this beach) NO COLLEGE KIDS = AWESOME!!!