All hotels in Barcelona, Spain

Bad internet service
    Room is not nice
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
"Nice Hotel off La Rambla"
Very nice quiet boutique hotel near everything.
1 night romance trip Nov 24, 2015
Hotel was in a great location of everything I needed to go to. The breakfast was great When I come back I'm going to stay here again
2 night trip Nov 2, 2015
Kyle
"Good Location for touring, bad for everything else"
We booked this hotel based off the price and location (being right next a metro stop and Las Ramblas was great) however we didn't really compare the rooms to much of anything else. These rooms are small. Think shoebox sized. I know we were in Europe, but on our 2 week vacation these were easily half the size of the next smallest hotel we found. And it was dirty. The sitting chair had leftover food crumbs stuck on it, the bathroom shower had mold and mildew everywhere and there were stains on the walls throughout the room. The Wi-Fi was mostly useless as it would drop connection on you every few minutes too. And while the location was great for the day time, we noticed that hotel was located right at the point were things got shady at night. We ate dinner at the waterfront and walked north back to the hotel, and by the time we got to the hotel we were starting to see what were most likely prostitutes hanging out on the street corners, and had more than one person offer to sell us drugs. Great story to tell when you're home from your trip, not fun to experience while in a foreign country however.
Other trip Nov 4, 2015
"Hotel Moderno"
Location of hotel was very good; close to points of interest, restaurants, metro, and the aero bus to the airport. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The free breakfast was very good and the person at the front desk, Beatrice, was very friendly and accommodating. Overall, it was a good choice at a reasonable rate.
2 night family trip Sep 13, 2015
susan
"Very good hotel and amazing location."
For a 3 stars hotel it was very good. Location is perfect, everything is walking distance. The only thing thats wasnt too great was the AC, it wasnt strong enough.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
MJ
"Great location for seeing Barcelona"
Hotel Moderno is steps from La Rambla and a Metro stop and twenty minute walk to the beach. The rooms are recently renovated and nicely decorated. Breakfast offered a variety of items and the staff were welcoming and helpful. Our entire family enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Janet
"Acceptable overall"
Room was small but perfectly adequate for this part of Barcelona. Location is great for exploring old town. Bed and bathroom was clean. Windows were solid. There was a little construction while we were there but minimal disruption to us. Breakfast was acceptable. Absolutely no problems.
2 night romance trip May 10, 2015
"If only"
Hotel is in great location. Hotel was in the middle of a remodel. Our room had no drapes, refrig was not in working order and the safe was not secure. I am sure that when the remodel is done this hotel will be a great find.
4 night trip with friends Apr 15, 2015
"dirty rooms"
good location nasty rooms
3 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
hotel moderno BCN
"Not good"
First of all, in my room the Wi-Fi signal was so weak that was not usable. Normally, the staff would change the room, but they did not want to do that, instead telling me that I was the only one with such problems. (that was not true, since none of my three devices was able to connect). Than it started to rain, and I heard water dripping in the bathroom (my room was at the last floor, so I assume there was a leak in the roof). They did change the room for me, from the last floor to the first, and miraculously I could connect without any problems to their Wi-Fi network. Alas, that did not last too long, maybe a day, because at some point, (possibly because of the continuing rain), again the connection was impossible. Overall, not good enough.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
World Traveller
"Friendly Hotel at La Rambla"
Hotel Moderno BCN is conveniently located near the heart of La Rambla. The staff was very friendly and willing to help with any questions. It provides luggage storage before check-in and after check-out which is really convenient for people to tour Barcelona after disembarkation and late afternoon flight back home. The building was a bit old but the room was very clean and comfortable. The buffet breakfast was also very good with different varieties.
"Good location great price"
I read a ton of reviews for this hotel and most people complained of the noise. My friends and I had no such issue but that might have been because we were not put on a side facing the main street so if noise is an issue request a room away from the street. The location of the hotel is excellent. Located right off the main tourist street la rambla and located in the center of all the neighborhoods this was the perfect place to be. There were four of us in total we were given a room with 4 twin beds. The room was a good size more than enough room for all of us. Every morning from 7:30-10:30 the hotel served a free breakfast. Better than most continental breakfasts they served an array of pastries, from the best mini donuts to croissants and sliced breads, there were chorizo sausages, iberic ham, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, tortilla de patatas, two awesome espresso machines that served cafe con leche, macchiattos, espresso etc, a juice machine, cereal, and fruit. The hotel staff was amaaazing. They were so friendly and full of information. Overall we had a wonderful stay here. When I go back to barcelona I will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
kim
"Perfect location, great staff!!"
On a little street just a few doors off La Rambla, you can walk to La Boqueria market, Barri Gotic, La Catedral, Picasso Museum and many more major sights of Barcelona. Easy to catch city bus or Metro at Catalunya Plaza a 10-minute walk away. Staff were helpful with great senses of humor! We had a fabulous mother-daughter vacation, visited a castle vineyard on a day trip to Montserrat (a highlight), saw Gaudi's architecture all around the city, took the lift to the roof of La Catedral, saw a flamenco show, had lots of tasty tapas and wine, rode the cable car and funicular at Montjuic after a long day of walking... and so much more! We loved Barcelona... and staying at Hotel Moderno made getting around so easy!!
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
Emily & Kendra
The picures are deciving. The heater did not work it was freezing cold and no room to change us to. They had a safe but no key to lock it. The hair dryer did not work. So all the reasons for you to rate this hotel to me was a miserable stay after a long international flight. I have lost my confidence to book with you.
Other trip Dec 14, 2013
GIGI
"Great hotel in barcelona"
When I read there was a room with a balcony, I was sold. The room was great. Comfortable bed, nice and hot shower. And great staff. I will recommend this hotel to everyone I know going to Barcelona. Thanks for a great stop in Barcelona.
Other trip Nov 20, 2013
"The only good thing about the Hotel Moderno"
Location was the only good thing about the Hotel Moderno. Its facilities were terrible. Mold, lack of air conditioning and lousy breakfast. Does not worth the effort. They should consider changing the name of this hotel to something more appropriate to the facilities they have.
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
Albert
Great location to the La Rambla, good value for money which included breakfast and also in high season. Staff were extremely helpful in seeking out the tourist attractions.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
"So disappointing! Expensive for really nothing."
The front doors were the only nice thing. Lobby was two by four and so was our room. No facilities available, location was good though. Right off Las Ramblas. Room tiny wih no frills, blank walls, window opens to shaft. Information on web totally misleading. Tiny 21 inch tv which was broken to boot. Only happy it was for one night. Front desk unaccommodating. Could not get early breakfast which was included in price to go as we had a early flight. Had been told would not be a problem. Definitely would not recommend this property.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
lorraine
Very good
3 night trip Jul 1, 2013
Hotel was convenient to Metro station and Las Ramblas area. Within walking distance to most sights. Room was like a glorified dorm room. Although the view out of our window was of another building which appeared to be a storage shed it was very quiet. It was nice to be able to step outside and be at most sights within 5 minutes walk. Since this city never sleeps we were able to people watch on Las Ramblas late at night and still be back within minutes. Would stay again. Don't need too many amenities because only there for sleeping. Wished the AC was colder.
4 night trip Jun 7, 2013
"Nice location but hotel needs updating"
Nice staff...very helpful and courteous staff. Nice location but the hotel needs updating. It looks old and worn out. Except for the location, I will not consider coming back to this hotel.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2013
Joy
"Great Location & Service, Weird Room"
If I go back to Barcelona, I will stay at Hotel Moderna. It is in the heart of La Rambla, the staff was helpful, breakfast was very good, the rooms were clean. We booked a standard room with 2 twin beds. We were "upgraded" to a quieter room in the back with 4 twin beds. It looked like a dormitory. OK but weird. Our room was on the 4th floor then down 3 steps - surprise! If you are in a wheel chair, tell them you need a room on the same level as the elevator - no steps between. There are a few.
2 night family trip Jun 9, 2013
Rob & Carol
"Awesome Location!!!"
The staff is wonderful! The hotel is clean, safe, great WiFi connection and amazing breakfast!
1 night family trip Apr 22, 2013

Enjoyed our stay right in the middle of Las Rambas. Convenient. Good services and reasonable rate for straightforward accommodation with breakfast included. Will stay here again.
3 night trip with friends Nov 26, 2015
"A nice hotel perfectly located"
A nice hotel perfectly situated off of La Rambla and within minutes of the metro. Its location made for complete ease in all transportation efforts (bus and metro) as well as being central to many great restaurants (La Fonda). I'd also add breakfast was fresh, hot and plentiful. The gentlemen who greeted us every morning was very attentive to all the offerings, ensuring everything remained available and fully stocked. Great service!
4 night family trip Nov 11, 2015
Youngchu
very good. staff very pleasant and helpfull. great breakfast., I would stay there again and recommend it
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
florence
"Very enjoyable stay at hotel Moderno"
Very enjoyable stay at the Moderno for 3 nights. The hotel has an excellent location just off las ramblas. The rooms are also clean and tidy and the hotel staff were all friendly and helpful too. I would recommend staying here to anyone visiting Barcelona.
3 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
"Good based! Lovely staff! Good breakfast!"
Ideal location, right next to the Liceu metro station and the La Rambla street. Room was clean, air condition and comfortable. Breakfast was good. Easy to get to from aerobus stop in Placa Catalunya. All the staff were polite and very helpful ( all spoken good English). I would definatley use this hotel for my next trip to Barcelona.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
JALL
"Convenient"
Comfortable hotel just off Ramblas ,close to Metro,convenient for all attractions full breakfast included Les.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Les
"Good location."
Stayed with wife and daughter. good location for beach , shops and bars.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
bob
"sray"
every thing is good expect bed sizes are small.
3 night trip Feb 6, 2015
"Great Location, Disappointing Hotel"
We had stayed here about 10 years ago and had enjoyed our stay so we booked to stay again. Unfortunately the room we were given this time (a twin room even though we had booked a double) had seen better days. The room had no heating (and it can get quite cold in Feb!) so we had to ask for extra blankets and the bathroom had a lot of black mould on the grouting. The room would also have benefited from some redecoration as there were a lot of scuff marks on the walls. On the plus side the reception staff were very pleasant and spoke good english, there was always plenty of hot water and the breakfast was adequate. Undoubtedly though the best selling point is the fantastic location.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Jackiboy
Very central location. Very helpful and pleasant staff. Good wholesome breakfast. Free wifi too
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Nice central hotel."
This hotel was ideally located just off La Rambla for easy access to most of the tourist hotspots, many restuarants and the beaches.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
margaret
"Perfect well-priced hotel for short stay"
This hotel was a real surprise, in a very good way. Our triple room was just small but perfect for our short stay. The bathroom was in very good order with lots of nice fresh towels.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
Caroline
"Excellent Location"
This was a lovely hotel to stay in the heart of Barcelona. Walking distance to most of the main tourist sights and had the metro and buses only a short stroll from the front door. The reception staff we extremely helpful. The breakfast is fully self service with both hot and cold selection. Rooms are very compact but comfortable
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"Nice hotel in ideal locstion"
Absolutely perfect location, right off las ramblas, opposite the gothic quarter and next to the flower market and the metro.
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
lynn
"So so."
Not a leisure hotel.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
Luis
MX
"very good people and clean and close to activitie"
very good people in the recieption especially alex whom speakes several languges incluing French and English
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
gholam
"Fantastic location/friendly staff"
Loved the location so close to Metro and Ramblas etc. Very helpful friendly staff.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Very convenient location"
Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean room and facilities. Right next to La Rambla. Very central.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
BB
"Don't Book this Hotel for Family of Four"
We are family of four do NOT recommend you to stay at this hotel. There are a lots of hotels in the center of Barcelona you can choose. - The extremely tiny room (definitely not for four people - max. for three), however we were told it’s the biggest room in the hotel (#401) - Smell of sewerage - Animals or birds sounds at nights - Staff always gave us wrong information. Finally we stopped to ask them - No Wi-Fi signal in the room - Air Condition is on only if you are in the room. When you leave your room A/C automatically turns off - Do not expect you room is going to be with the French balcony as advertised. There are only few rooms. Some of them are without windows. Finally, no view, no fresh air.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Alice
"great location"
Great location. Central to all activities, buses and underground. 1/2 block off of La Rambla. Lots of architecture around. Good breakfast to start the day. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Basic hotel amenities
2 night trip Jun 11, 2014
Dozer
"A good stay in the middle of la Rambla"
The hotel was very conveniently located in the middle of the la Ramblas stretch, which made it very accessible. Upkeep was good and breakfast served was a decent spread for the price paid. Room amenities were sufficient to get you a good night´s stay. Hotel is very affordable, and being located along la Ramblas, I would consider it a steal. The staff were all very helpful and would give you good advice on where to go and what to do. Only gripe that I have is that you would be able to hear some noises from the street in the middle of the night, which could get irritating after a while. All in all, I would recommended the hotel.
3 night trip Apr 29, 2014
Leo
"Great location but tiny airless room"
Room was like a box the windows opened out onto some dingy concrete wall you had nought to look out onto air con was rubbish and bath was like a small shower tray my son would not of been able to stretch out in it.room was tidied every day and it was clean but if you suffer from being in small spaces this hotel is not for you.but great for location
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
jo
"Fantastic location"
We read the previous reviews on this hotel and we were a little apprehensive but there was no need at all. This hotel is smack bang in the middle of La Ramblas what a fab location. Yes it was a little noisy for us as we had a room at the front of the hotel but lets face it if you want to be in the middle of everything in a busy city then that is to be expected! I am talking about outside noise we did not hear any noise in the hotel at all. My friends had a room to the back of the hotel and they never heard a thing but then they didn't have a view either. Rooms are a little dated but very clean and both our rooms were fairly spacious so I cant complain about that. The bathroom was a good size and the water HOT. Breakfast was ideal what you would expect for a continental and plenty to choose from. The staff were very helpful and really nice. We had no complaints at all. This place is perfect for what a city break I would come again and I would recommend, what great value for money!
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Noreen
"excellent location"
Hotel is a bit basic, but adequate for our 3 nights. beds not comfy, beakfast quiet decent but coffee machine a little eccentric. we had to sleep with the air con on over night as it was warm and the noise is considerable right the way through the night. But this means you can walk to masses of places , get to the tour buses etc really easily, and enjoy sauntering down La Rambla.No real meeting place and no bar, though by the laptops there were a couple of sofas.
3 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2013
"Hotel should be called "Hotel Rustico""
The hotel is in a poor state of repair and looks and feels as though it hasn't had any maintenance since 1980. The beds which were three singles were in such poor condition I dared not roll over for fear of falling out of the bed all together and hurting myself. Breakfast was below average so much so in fact that after the first morning we didn't bother with the breakfast stampede after that. The bathroom is in poor condition and the shower was so bad you can't help but get water everywhere while using it. The staff are good though and do their best in what must be very trying circumstances. The few days we were there was during a local festival so the place was really 'humming' with activity inside and out the hotel.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Nick
Friendly, helpful staff. Very convenient location, right near Liceu metro station, just off La Rambla. The area can be a bit noisy at night, so try for a room at the back. Good buffet breakfast. Luggage storage room.
4 night trip Sep 23, 2013
Pauline
"A solid 3 star hotel"
Although quite an expensive hotel it is in a fantastic location. Rooms are a reasonable size and the breakfast was of average quality. A big problem was the wifi signal not reaching the hotel room so to access wifi we had to go to the computers downstairs or stand in the corridor of the 4th floor
3 night trip Sep 12, 2013