All hotels in Grand Junction, Colorado, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2400 North Ave, Grand Junction, CO, 81501, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Clean, modest accommodations at a great price"
After working in the Hotel business for 15 years, I usually expect even the nicest rooms to have little problems. At the El Palomino, I kept looking for any little thing; no cracked tiles in the bathroom, all fixtures worked well, were easy to control, etc., and the TV was surprisingly modern and large. I took a chance on a non-chain motel and was pleasantly surprised.
Other trip May 9, 2014
Pax
"Great price & Cozy"
We decided to stay here because of the great price and the hotel's close proximity to Fruita (we were out there for a mountain biking trip). Palomino is just down the street from the college and its not a far ride to the interstate. The staff were very friendly and the rooms clean and cozy. It looked like they were renovating the pool as well, so we're excited to see it when it reopens later this year!
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Very nice and affordable"
The rooms were updated with very nice bathrooms and large screen TVs. Owner's pride in their work and hospitality were exceptional. Its a couple miles from interstate 70 but the value is worth the drive. Highly recommended.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Probably the best $60 hotel we have ever stayed in. Will not hesitate to stay there again. Excellent Mexican restaurant one block away.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Bluechaser
Always clean and friendly my family and I have enjoyed our stays there
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"Simple, Adequate Accommodations on the cheap"
We got in late (around midnight) after a pretty stressful drive, and the owner woke up to check us in. We only stayed a night and left in morning the next day. The small breakfast was mostly put away, but the owner's wife offered to give us some bagels. The room was simple, but adequate for our basic needs.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
"Very nice Mom and Pop Motel"
This is a very nice and clean small motel. The rooms were small but furnished nicely. Comfortable bed, nice new type TV., desk, wifi service, couch, chair, tub, shower and AC/Heater. It was quiet and very close to the University. The owner was so friendly and willing to please. Didn't have lots of shelves in the bathroom so I ask if she had a little table that she could put in there(as there was room) and she was so willing to comply. I would stay there again and encourage others to do the same.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Susie
It's a nice old classic on a rundown Route 6, noisy neighbors though and no plug for the bathtub, other then that, alright.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
Very friendly staff, clean room and a nice bed. They even warned up the room before arrival( end of Dec) Breakfast was ok Overall a very nice hotel for a very low price. I will be going back there again
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
Mark V
We stayed at the El Palomino on 11,04,2013. This hotel is a bit out of the way, We stayed there do to previous ratings and agree with the majority. Very clean well kept up older motel both inside and out. Quiet rooms that have had the air conditioning and heating updated. the bed was very comfortable the bathroom spotless. The staff was friendly and helpful in finding places to dine. The breakfast was adequate. You can't beat it for the price
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
Barry
"Quick overnight to take a test."
The couple that owns it were nice. Breakfast was the usual but was nicely presented. Not far from downtown. Fast and easy to get in and out. The room was what you should expect from a motel. It was clean with no weird smells. Everything worked just fine.
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
"Close to Colorado-Mesa University"
This is an older, motor-court type motel. The room was a little small but not ridiculously so. The good things here far out weigh the size of the room. Everything was very clean ( the rooms have been remodeled including the bathrooms). The lady at the desk ( Evana ) was wonderful. Very friendly and helpful. The breakfast area is not large but the waffles were killer and there was a very nice selection of bagels, muffins, cereals, juices, oatmeal, etc. , AND, the coffer was very good. At this price, I would stay here anytime I come to visit my son at college.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
Corey
"Cozy and great staff"
I was in need of a place to stay on my way to Eastern CO. I prefer locations on the ground level so that i can park truck near my room. The room had a cozy bed, remodeled bathroom and big TV with wireless; all i need to get some work done and relax. Quite, clean and nice staff. I also needed a bath towel to take with me after i checked out, went to the front desk to purchace one...they gave it to me, no charge. Great folks.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
We love this hotel. The only tiny comment is I wish there were curtains, not just vertical blinds, sometimes the outside light creeps in the windows while sleeping... Also, a warmer blanket for the cooler months would be nice, otherwise, we love it.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Good no-frills room with surprisingly nice breakfast at a reasonable price.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"Great Value"
Room was clean, owner was attentive to needs and the breakfast was great.
5 night family trip Sep 24, 2013
Vacationer
"Clean but small"
This is an older motel that has had a lot of money put into it for a remodel, but they didn't make the rooms bigger. The room was so small my wife and I couldn't pass between the bed and the T.V. at the same time. You had to twist around in the bathroom to get the door closed. For one person just looking for a clean place to spend the night, it would be o.k. But don't get the king bed. It sags in the middle. Both people tend to roll towards the middle. The management obviously cares about this place by the way they maintain it, but the rooms are too small. I would recommend tearing down some interior walls and making one room out of two.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
Don
"Great room for the price"
Just the type of room I want...clean, quiet, and inexpensive. It's a retro 50's style motel. The operators are friendly and attentive. The breakfast space is a little cramped, but the quality was good. I would recommend it and would stay here again.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
THN
"Just an overnight in Grand Junction."
We picked El Palomino because it ranked very high on Trip Advisor. We were a little leery because the hotel looks like a 1950s vintage motel. However, when we got there, we were welcomed by the hostess and went to our room. The room looked like it had been recently redone and was very nice and clean. We were impressed and very satisfied with the room. The hotel may not look very promising from the outside, but it is well worth it to stay here. We had a wonderful waffle for breakfast and the orange juice was better than average. I spoke with the hostess in the morning--mentioning the Trip Advisor rating--and she said, yeah, but it has dropped recently. I think it is now ranked 5th instead of 2nd for Grand Junction. I would certainly stay there again and I would rank it above many of the more modern hotels that I have stayed in.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
Carl
"Great affordable find"
I would stay again. Convenient to downtown GJ. Clean. Affordable. Great little motel!!!
2 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2013
Gretchen
"Mid-town"
Adequate, but nothing special. Did not have a clock radio or facial tissues. Continental breakfast was OK, but probably less than average.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2013
"Nice for one night"
We stayed for one night as we traveled from Colorado to Utah on vacation. It is a little off the expressway, but the price is right and it is very clean and comfortable. They also serve a free breakfast. The people that own it are very nice.
1 night trip Sep 9, 2013
"Middle of the desert (It seemed)"
A very nice experience, although it was short. The manager picked us up at the Amtrak station upon our call. The motel is comfortable but not elaborate.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
We were pleasantly surprised. It was a very clean, tidy room.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
"Old style motel"
Loved this place. It is a step back in time to the way motels used to be. It has been remodeled, but kept the old school charm. I would definitely stay again if I'm in the area.
1 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2013
"Good Motel. Will stay again"
Very nice hotel for the price. I will stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2013
"2 star price, 4 star quality -- good value"
Older motel but very clean, well-kept and convenient to Colorado National Monument and wine vineyards.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2013
traveling through
"Very clean and comfortable"
The outside appearance shows an older style motel but it obviously has been renovated. Room and bathroom were small overall but very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. One of the best on our trip.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
Janet
"Retro Classic"
Like a step back into the 50's! A well-maintained retro "jem". Not a big motel, but a pleasant check-in, nice pool, clean & comfortable room and a good breakfast before you leave. Good value for the money.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
CBC
"Move in day for granddaughter at Mesa."
Nicely remodeled for an older motel. Clean. Close to campus. Very nice and hospitable management. Great rate.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
RJE
Room was clean and comfortable. The A/C had to work hard to cool off the room, but was OK. Everything appeared to be well kept. I would definitely return and recommend.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"nice stay"
Looking at the price to quality ratio this motel is a real gem and unbeatable in Grand Junction. Family owned and with friendly faces, clean rooms with fridge and microwave and lots of flexibility, we had a good time especially since breakfast time was moved to an earlier time to accommodate our athlete. How nice!! The location is perfect if visiting the University. We will always stay here when visiting Grand Junction in the future. Thank you for everything!!
3 night trip Jul 25, 2013
Petra
"Nice and clean"
We stayed a couple of days here and found the room very clean, with armchair and little sofa, very convenient. Breakfast was good and the pool was really big and nice to cool off. No complaints, would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Good value for the money"
El Palmino was a perfect one night stopover on our way through Colorado. Rooms were clean, breakfast good and staff friendly. Top Dining and shopping were close by, and our kids loved the pool.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2013
Tine and Kaj
"Wonderful Stay!"
Cleanliness is always our top priority and this motel certainly fulfilled our wishes. The staff were helpful, courteous and happy. The rates fit into our budget. The breakfast was really good.
3 night trip Jul 25, 2013
"Nice Motel.... a real good choice ^^"
Easy to find, very clean, nice swimming in front of the rooms....
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
Jacques
It is a very clean hotel, nice staff and good continental breakfast, would stay again.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2013
"Lots of room"
The hotel room was in good repair and clean. Our window unit worked great and there was a continental breakfast available. The breakfast included waffles, cereal, bagels, muffins, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, milk, orange juice, coffee and much more. I liked that each room has a good size kitchenette with a small refrigerator, this really saves us money allowing us to bring our own drinks. There is also a small ice machine that we used to add ice to our small ice chest for the road. Although we only stayed one night it was a nice place with wonderful staff.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2013
Hotel was clean and a great value!
2 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"Clean, comfortable, accommodating, great price"
I booked the El Palomino for two nights in July. The night I was to arrive, I realized I was going to be arriving late. I called and the woman working was extremely helpful and friendly. When I did arrive, she was equally as friendly. The room was comfortable and clean. Fantastic for the price. I slept well and the shower had plenty of pressure. The in room refrigerator came in handy. My only negative experience was checking out. The young man behind the counter wasn't friendly or helpful in any way. The breakfast was novel in that there was a make your own waffle area. That was a nice thing on Sunday morning.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
"Great Mexican restaurant nearby"
Recently remodeled. Owners/managers very helpful in everyway. This is a "must" hotel for budget minded bikers after a long and hot day in Utah.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
Ralph
"Good place to stay off of I-40"
This is the second time we have stayed here. The owners are friendly and helpful. They have upgraded and improved a lot of things at the motel since our last stay. The beds are comfortable and the sheets and towels were in good condition. The bathrooms are small in a European way if you know what I mean. Everything is very clean and tidy. The AC is noisy. DirecTV on a large flat screen TV. The breakfast was standard motel fare - waffles, cereal, juice, muffins, toast, etc. Okay, but not outstanding. The pool looked clean. The boys playing in it said the water was cold but nice.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2013
great time, nice folks
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
This was an older motel which had recently been remodeled. I picked it because of the location but was surprised when I saw how nice the rooms were. It was a great value for the money.
1 night business trip Jul 2, 2013
Shirley
"An oldie but a goodie"
This motel was a pleasure to stay at. It is old, a throw-back to the 50's, but as clean and well kept as one could ever wish for. The owners obviously take pride in their property and made our stay hold only good memories. Thank you for showing that quality attention to your operation has not been forgotten!
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"Old fashioned motel"
Not bad for an old motel. It's been updated, but the bathroom is tiny, and the AC is too far from the bedroom to be very effective on really hot days. The free WiFi was next to unusable, felt like old dial-up speeds.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
BigTraveler
"Better than expected"
We stayed here when visiting CMU which is just over a mile away. Though this has the funky look of an old motel, the lobby area and breakfast were far better than I expected and the property is well maintained and clean. Nice owners, nice little pool, decent shower and towels. This isn't the Ritz Carlton, but for the price, it's very adequate. Also, the AC works great and there's a little fridge and coffee maker in each room.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2013
Helen
"Really close to the fair grounds"
Relaxing and everything you need in a room. When we got there the staff where there to help cool down the room and get things comfortable for us all
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
Thomsen
"El Palomino"
OK place to stay, not a particularly good neighborhood but close to Lincoln Park. Good pool. Noisy air conditioner. Very helpful lady running the motel. The motel is showing signs of age but all in all good value.
Other trip Jun 27, 2013
"Pleasantly surprised how great this was!"
We needed somewhere to stay before getting to our final destination for a family trip. This was exactly where we needed to be and the reviews we read were good, so we went for it. Glad we did. We would stay again if in the area
Other trip Jun 25, 2013