All hotels in Grand Junction, Colorado, United States of America
2400 North Ave, Grand Junction, CO, 81501, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A MUST in Grand Junction"
Americana at its best. Adorable old-fashioned motel. Room was clean as a whistle and oh so comfortable! The pool was quite refreshing. The host was charming. And the Mexican restaurant a block away for dinner is outstanding.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Irish19
"Great value!"
Rooms are clean and tidy. Bedding is more updated than photos show. Air conditioner works well and showers have hot water. Not luxurious, but a great value for the money. The continental breakfast wa plentiful and coffee decent. The space for the breakfast is small, but the owner was very attentive to cleaning tables and shuffling chairs to accommodate everyone.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Pam
"Great price for newly renovated 50's motel"
We were a little nervous when we drove in and saw it was a 50's motel. However it was newly retiled, carpeted, with new windows and air conditioner, and flat screened TV. The beds were fine. It's not fancy or big but a great deal. We liked that it was close to some authentic Mexican restuarants and shopping. It's central so everywhere we went was easy. The owners are very nice and helpful. The continental breakfast was great as was the coffee. We were glad we picked it.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Well kept older hotel a great bargain."
This older, sort of nostalgic hotel was well kept and well managed. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The price was a bargain, the parking plentiful, and the location was near dining and gas stations. Would definitely pit stop here again.
1 night family trip May 29, 2014
Happy Camper 13
"Very clean"
They must have just did a remodel and upgrade everything was new fresh,new and clean will stay there again if I need a room did not use pool but did look inviting, will stay there again if I need a room in Grand Junction...
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"Best stay in a week long trip!"
Reasonable. Comfortable. Convenient. Clean. Friendly. Everything you look for while you're on the road! Close to all manner of restaurants and activities. Close to medical help if needed. The most comfortable bed we've ever slept in away from home.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"right on the main drag"
greatly by a warm and friendly person room where clean
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Fun stay at retro motel!"
No frills - just a bed (although having a king-size bed for one person was a bit overkill), TV, did have a refrigerator and m/w, plus coffee pot. Small room, super clean and orderly. Small bathroom but worked fine for me. The check-in person (one of the owners) was pleasant and efficient. I did not stay for breakfast so can't rate that. Overall, an older motel that has been spruced up nicely - no complaints from me!
Other trip May 21, 2014
BoulderTraveler
"Nice retro feel"
The service was top-notch at this older property. The retro feel has its positives and negatives. The positives are a low price and nostalgic feel. The negatives include worn towels and a tired-looking neighborhood. The beds were a bit soft. The breakfast area was on the tight side, but the available items included bagels, toast, make-your-own waffles, cereal and yogurt (more than enough in quality and quantity to get you going in the morning). The coffee was good, too. I would stay there again.
1 night family trip May 12, 2014
Patrick
"Overnight stay for work"
The manager was very nice. She was also helpful with all the questions we had about Grand Junction and related needs. The holtel was clean and comfortable. I only spent about 2 hours in it due to working long hours but, I would probably stay there again for the same purposes. I would not bring the family.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"close to Colorado Mesa University"
Perfect for a quick family stay before graduation the following day-close to the university and village inn for breakfast before the ceremony. The beds were comfortable and the room quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
"Excellent room, better price!"
Comfortable room, friendly staff. Location and price cannot be beat.
4 night trip May 9, 2014
"Good value, clean, nice staff, all as promised."
Stayed here on a quick business trip. Just need a clean room with easy access to I70 and downtown. Perfect - got exactly this. Nice, helpful staff and quick, easy check-in/out. Room was really clean. May have been recently updated. Nothing was worn or abused. Wireless worked fine. Bed a little stiff. A great value.
Other trip May 15, 2014
"Clean, modest accommodations at a great price"
After working in the Hotel business for 15 years, I usually expect even the nicest rooms to have little problems. At the El Palomino, I kept looking for any little thing; no cracked tiles in the bathroom, all fixtures worked well, were easy to control, etc., and the TV was surprisingly modern and large. I took a chance on a non-chain motel and was pleasantly surprised.
Other trip May 9, 2014
Pax
"Great price & Cozy"
We decided to stay here because of the great price and the hotel's close proximity to Fruita (we were out there for a mountain biking trip). Palomino is just down the street from the college and its not a far ride to the interstate. The staff were very friendly and the rooms clean and cozy. It looked like they were renovating the pool as well, so we're excited to see it when it reopens later this year!
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Very nice and affordable"
The rooms were updated with very nice bathrooms and large screen TVs. Owner's pride in their work and hospitality were exceptional. Its a couple miles from interstate 70 but the value is worth the drive. Highly recommended.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Probably the best $60 hotel we have ever stayed in. Will not hesitate to stay there again. Excellent Mexican restaurant one block away.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Bluechaser
Always clean and friendly my family and I have enjoyed our stays there
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"Simple, Adequate Accommodations on the cheap"
We got in late (around midnight) after a pretty stressful drive, and the owner woke up to check us in. We only stayed a night and left in morning the next day. The small breakfast was mostly put away, but the owner's wife offered to give us some bagels. The room was simple, but adequate for our basic needs.
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
"Very nice Mom and Pop Motel"
This is a very nice and clean small motel. The rooms were small but furnished nicely. Comfortable bed, nice new type TV., desk, wifi service, couch, chair, tub, shower and AC/Heater. It was quiet and very close to the University. The owner was so friendly and willing to please. Didn't have lots of shelves in the bathroom so I ask if she had a little table that she could put in there(as there was room) and she was so willing to comply. I would stay there again and encourage others to do the same.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Susie
It's a nice old classic on a rundown Route 6, noisy neighbors though and no plug for the bathtub, other then that, alright.
Other trip Jan 14, 2014
Very friendly staff, clean room and a nice bed. They even warned up the room before arrival( end of Dec) Breakfast was ok Overall a very nice hotel for a very low price. I will be going back there again
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
Mark V
We stayed at the El Palomino on 11,04,2013. This hotel is a bit out of the way, We stayed there do to previous ratings and agree with the majority. Very clean well kept up older motel both inside and out. Quiet rooms that have had the air conditioning and heating updated. the bed was very comfortable the bathroom spotless. The staff was friendly and helpful in finding places to dine. The breakfast was adequate. You can't beat it for the price
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
Barry
"Quick overnight to take a test."
The couple that owns it were nice. Breakfast was the usual but was nicely presented. Not far from downtown. Fast and easy to get in and out. The room was what you should expect from a motel. It was clean with no weird smells. Everything worked just fine.
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
"Close to Colorado-Mesa University"
This is an older, motor-court type motel. The room was a little small but not ridiculously so. The good things here far out weigh the size of the room. Everything was very clean ( the rooms have been remodeled including the bathrooms). The lady at the desk ( Evana ) was wonderful. Very friendly and helpful. The breakfast area is not large but the waffles were killer and there was a very nice selection of bagels, muffins, cereals, juices, oatmeal, etc. , AND, the coffer was very good. At this price, I would stay here anytime I come to visit my son at college.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
Corey
"Cozy and great staff"
I was in need of a place to stay on my way to Eastern CO. I prefer locations on the ground level so that i can park truck near my room. The room had a cozy bed, remodeled bathroom and big TV with wireless; all i need to get some work done and relax. Quite, clean and nice staff. I also needed a bath towel to take with me after i checked out, went to the front desk to purchace one...they gave it to me, no charge. Great folks.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
We love this hotel. The only tiny comment is I wish there were curtains, not just vertical blinds, sometimes the outside light creeps in the windows while sleeping... Also, a warmer blanket for the cooler months would be nice, otherwise, we love it.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Good no-frills room with surprisingly nice breakfast at a reasonable price.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"Great Value"
Room was clean, owner was attentive to needs and the breakfast was great.
5 night family trip Sep 24, 2013
Vacationer
"Clean but small"
This is an older motel that has had a lot of money put into it for a remodel, but they didn't make the rooms bigger. The room was so small my wife and I couldn't pass between the bed and the T.V. at the same time. You had to twist around in the bathroom to get the door closed. For one person just looking for a clean place to spend the night, it would be o.k. But don't get the king bed. It sags in the middle. Both people tend to roll towards the middle. The management obviously cares about this place by the way they maintain it, but the rooms are too small. I would recommend tearing down some interior walls and making one room out of two.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
Don
"Great room for the price"
Just the type of room I want...clean, quiet, and inexpensive. It's a retro 50's style motel. The operators are friendly and attentive. The breakfast space is a little cramped, but the quality was good. I would recommend it and would stay here again.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
THN
"Just an overnight in Grand Junction."
We picked El Palomino because it ranked very high on Trip Advisor. We were a little leery because the hotel looks like a 1950s vintage motel. However, when we got there, we were welcomed by the hostess and went to our room. The room looked like it had been recently redone and was very nice and clean. We were impressed and very satisfied with the room. The hotel may not look very promising from the outside, but it is well worth it to stay here. We had a wonderful waffle for breakfast and the orange juice was better than average. I spoke with the hostess in the morning--mentioning the Trip Advisor rating--and she said, yeah, but it has dropped recently. I think it is now ranked 5th instead of 2nd for Grand Junction. I would certainly stay there again and I would rank it above many of the more modern hotels that I have stayed in.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
Carl
"Great affordable find"
I would stay again. Convenient to downtown GJ. Clean. Affordable. Great little motel!!!
2 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2013
Gretchen
"Mid-town"
Adequate, but nothing special. Did not have a clock radio or facial tissues. Continental breakfast was OK, but probably less than average.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2013
"Nice for one night"
We stayed for one night as we traveled from Colorado to Utah on vacation. It is a little off the expressway, but the price is right and it is very clean and comfortable. They also serve a free breakfast. The people that own it are very nice.
1 night trip Sep 9, 2013
"Middle of the desert (It seemed)"
A very nice experience, although it was short. The manager picked us up at the Amtrak station upon our call. The motel is comfortable but not elaborate.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
We were pleasantly surprised. It was a very clean, tidy room.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
"Old style motel"
Loved this place. It is a step back in time to the way motels used to be. It has been remodeled, but kept the old school charm. I would definitely stay again if I'm in the area.
1 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2013
"Good Motel. Will stay again"
Very nice hotel for the price. I will stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2013
"2 star price, 4 star quality -- good value"
Older motel but very clean, well-kept and convenient to Colorado National Monument and wine vineyards.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2013
traveling through
"Very clean and comfortable"
The outside appearance shows an older style motel but it obviously has been renovated. Room and bathroom were small overall but very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. One of the best on our trip.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
Janet
"Retro Classic"
Like a step back into the 50's! A well-maintained retro "jem". Not a big motel, but a pleasant check-in, nice pool, clean & comfortable room and a good breakfast before you leave. Good value for the money.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
CBC
"Move in day for granddaughter at Mesa."
Nicely remodeled for an older motel. Clean. Close to campus. Very nice and hospitable management. Great rate.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
RJE
Room was clean and comfortable. The A/C had to work hard to cool off the room, but was OK. Everything appeared to be well kept. I would definitely return and recommend.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"nice stay"
Looking at the price to quality ratio this motel is a real gem and unbeatable in Grand Junction. Family owned and with friendly faces, clean rooms with fridge and microwave and lots of flexibility, we had a good time especially since breakfast time was moved to an earlier time to accommodate our athlete. How nice!! The location is perfect if visiting the University. We will always stay here when visiting Grand Junction in the future. Thank you for everything!!
3 night trip Jul 25, 2013
Petra
"Nice and clean"
We stayed a couple of days here and found the room very clean, with armchair and little sofa, very convenient. Breakfast was good and the pool was really big and nice to cool off. No complaints, would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Good value for the money"
El Palmino was a perfect one night stopover on our way through Colorado. Rooms were clean, breakfast good and staff friendly. Top Dining and shopping were close by, and our kids loved the pool.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2013
Tine and Kaj
"Wonderful Stay!"
Cleanliness is always our top priority and this motel certainly fulfilled our wishes. The staff were helpful, courteous and happy. The rates fit into our budget. The breakfast was really good.
3 night trip Jul 25, 2013
"Nice Motel.... a real good choice ^^"
Easy to find, very clean, nice swimming in front of the rooms....
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
Jacques
It is a very clean hotel, nice staff and good continental breakfast, would stay again.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2013