All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
1444 rue DrummondMontrealQCH3G 1V9Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

Awesome vibe
    Good internet service
    Room is all right

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Beautiful Hotel , great.location"
The location of the hotel was mainly why we stayed there. We took the train in from ottawa to see the Rihanna concert. It was a 15 min or $8 uber ride from the train station, and a 7 min walk to the Bell Centre. As well, St Catherine street shopping and Crescent street Bars/pubs/restaurants were about a 2-5 min walk away and Old Montreal was a $10 uber. But beside the location, the hotel was beautiful. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was large, spacious, clEan and comfortable, the bathroom was gorgeous. The only downside is that we would have love to have a coffee machine in the room, and a window to see the outdoors. One of the days the we were there, the weather was constantly changing from rain, to snow, to sunshine, we had to go downstairs to see how it was before we went out. We did have a lovely covered skylight though, which was lovely however, I woke up at 7 am thinking that we fell asleep with all the lights on. But other than that, the hotel was lovely and we would definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Apr 6, 2016
Margaret
"A gem along Rue Drummond Montreal"
The hotel is walking distance to the Metro Peel Street and to Rue Sainte Catherine which is a famous street dowtown in Montreal. The hotel is very fancy looking, everything is decorated with contemporary design. Staff from front desk to restaurant are very friendly and helpful. I will recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit Montreal. I booked the hotel online through hotel.com and the rate was very competitive. It has complimentary breakfast and wi fi. Breakfast is served in the restaurant, coffee, juice, croissants, yogurt, delicious jam and cereals. There is no hot food but the it was a good tasty French breakfast. There is no facility to make tea or coffee inside the room. No refrigerator either.
3 night romance trip Mar 27, 2016
Sri
"Quaint, old, good location."
We were startled at first by the appearance of the hotel from the outside. It looks like it will either be a disgusting hole in the wall or a quaint place with an B&B feel. It was the latter. The lobby is adorned with art and tables are made from tree stumps. Unfortunately the place also smells quite old. Not quite moldy but definitely old. Our window faced the lobby and they thought it was a good idea to put spotlights outside it to make it feel for real. Breakfast was a disappointing array of pastries in an otherwise gorgeous restaurant. The saving grace really is the location. You are near everything without being on the main road where you have to listen to the drunken revelry.
2 night romance trip Mar 25, 2016
"Beautiful Hotel"
Our stay was great, beautiful hotel in the downtown core on a quiet side street. I enjoyed everything about the stay, even though there was no parking site, and the temperature of the room was too high, and took a day to cool off to a more comfortable temperature.
2 night family trip Mar 19, 2016
Harold
"Great location, excellent staff, fun and funky roo"
A great hotel for a visit to Montreal, walk to galleries festival square shopping bars ect. Hotel in great condition room always fun, love the shower, staff are great and helpful. My go to hotel in the city
2 night romance trip Mar 3, 2016
Colin
"Highly recommend."
Business stay. The room was spacious with clean wood floor, big windows and a great decor. A big minus for me though. All comfort but ... no coffee/kettle/tea machine in the hotel. While on business trip, one does not always have the time to go for the free breakfast which was served in a restaurant with porcelain cups and therefore could be taken on the go. Had to go across the street to the second cup :( get coffee. Everything else was excellent and I will highly recommend it.
3 night business trip Feb 28, 2016
We really enjoyed our stay great hotel, a few things we didn't like was that they advertise for indoor and outdoor parking thinking that this was convenient and right at the hotel but they really just point you in the direction of where the closest parking lot would be. And a fridge in the room would have been nice. Other then that we enjoyed our stay.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2016
"Great boutique hotel!"
Great hotel! Spacious room and bathroom. Conveniently located downtown. Very basic breakfast (coffee, juice,yogurt and pastries). Spin room not too inviting - bikes squished together and carts of laundry.
3 night family trip Feb 15, 2016
marilyn
A great location and a great spot for a solo stay or a couple. My only complaints would be that: 1) the hotel room doors have NO soundproofing so you can here everything going on in he hallways (mainly, the housekeeping staff chatting loudly every morning, all morning); and 2) I didn't mind that there was no in-room coffee (I never use those anyway) but it would have been convenient to have a mini fridge. Otherwise, the staff were great and very accommodating!
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2016
"Hotel with Elegant Red Soap"
I arrived before check-in time, but they found a room for me which was made up. Reception was smooth and competent-- the clerk had three languages. The bistro restaurant next door had a reasonably-priced dinner, which it serves between 9 and 11 for latecomers or performance-goers. I am not sure if the gym was open. The room was very comfortable and I had my best sleep in a week. Breakfast is in the bistro from 7.00 am, and is of very good quality but limited selection (croissants, cereals, etc) and could benefit with some fruit-- the coffee is first-rate. A few newspapers would be a nice touch.
1 night trip Jan 24, 2016
Great place the shower is a must for all couple!!!!! Over all a great place for the price...
1 night romance trip Jan 21, 2016
Lucy
I originally selected Hotel Chez Swann for its proximity to the the bell centre. I was in town to see Muse. The hotel was very eccentric and the staff were very pleasant. I would definitely stay here again
1 night romance trip Jan 21, 2016
everything great except the music from the restaurant below.
2 night business trip Jan 14, 2016
"Good hotel. Last day our room had no hot water."
Boutique hotel that has red velvet everywhere in the room. It's not too much but just enough to be slightly annoying. Overall I would say it's a good stay. But, you get what you pay for. The last day before we were checking the hot water was non-existent. The call to front desk resulted in nothing. Wasn't able to take a shower. While complaining at front desk during check out all they offered was 20% off my next stay. Poor poor poor customer service. What you should have done is offer me another room that had hot water running to take a shower or provided a discount off the current stay. Why would I come back again after such poor customer service. Terrible. Take your chances people. You may or may not have hot water to shower with.
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
Edward
"Great for couples"
My boyfriend and I spent the night in downtown Montreal. We love boutique hotels and this one was really unique. The room was gorgeous, spacious, clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was weak but wasn't really the selling feature. Loved the decor and style. Would definitely stay here next time. And just a 2 minute walk to Reubens deli...
1 night romance trip Jan 7, 2016
Beautiful decor and interesting hotel. It felt chic and also kind of like Alice in wonderland. Booked a suite and was super spacious and the BATHROOM was amazing. We could of spent hours in the shower. Great locations, right next to all restaurants and shopping. Only down side was that in the early mornings, you can hear everything outside, it is downtown anyways.
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2016
"We could not get full refund !"
I was booked two nights for this hotel , once we stay , we found out no the window face inside the build and no more room for us ! It was feel bad ! We decided move to Fairmont next night ! It was changed me two nights , we only stayed one night and couldn't get full refund !
2 night family trip Jan 3, 2016
jinghua
The hotel managers and staff were very accommodating. The room was perfect. The location was perfect. Amazing stay at Hotel Chez Swann.
3 night family trip Dec 23, 2015
Beautiful hotel awesome staff and service.Definitely coming back again! !!
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2015
Kristen
"Unparalleled Montreal experience!"
Incredible location. Fantastic atmosphere.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2015
"Loved the hotel, hated the parking."
Fab mid-town location, funky decor, clean & comfortable room, awesome bistro, pleasant staff but terrible parking experience. Pricey, fluctuating rates felt like a shell game and no working elevator for multi-level parking. Fitness room is a spin room only (no weights or Universal machine).
2 night romance trip Dec 2, 2015
Jane
great stay great hotel
1 night business trip Oct 26, 2015
Not Provided
"Funky Hotel"
Very clean and modern rooms. Stay on third floor as Being over the restaurant is loud. However it is lovely and clean and a central location.
Other trip Oct 15, 2015
Great location and super cute hotel. Would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
"Good - but not great."
Nice boutique hotel. Good part of town. Some complaints - they didn't call me for my wake-up call. Not forgivable and I am glad I set a back-up on my phone. Neighbours arrived at 1:30am and partied loud in their room until I called to complain at 3:30am. Cool showers with tons of jets, but my temperature was set to about 110 degrees and wouldn't change. Aside from the thoughtless neighbours (on a Wednesday night), I got a good night's rest. Not sure I'd run back to this hotel with all the choices out there, but it was "good".
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2015
One of the best boutique hotels I've stayed in... Thanks.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
Troy
"Chez Swann is great hotel to stay at."
Chez Swann is a nice boutique type hotel. Staff was very pleasant.
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
"Very cool vibe in a fantastic location"
Stayed at the Hotel Chez Swann in Montreal. I absolutely loved my eclectic room. The furnishing are very non traditional, the window seat was a treat. You couldn't ask for a better location; steps away from bars and restaurants and Crescent Street. The room was a little noisy in the morning but otherwise a fantastic time.
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
Maryanne
"Nice modern room with amazing shower!"
Great location, nice modern rooms. A few steps when you walk into the room with dark floors could be dangerous! Lol within walking distance to Ste Catherine street. Very clean. Little noisy at yes since it's an older building.
Other trip May 24, 2015
FL
"generally very positive"
Overall very happy. Room was excellent and staff really helpful. Only slight drawback was quite loud music from downstairs when trying to sleep. But did stop by midnight or so, and perhaps to be expected given central Montreal location - so not a big problem
4 night romance trip May 5, 2015
Gregory
"What an amazing hotel! Staff were amazing!"
Such a funky hotel! Loved the ambience, cleanliness and comfort. The restaurant attached was amazing and I felt like I was in Paris. Will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Meg
"Nice unique hotel with clean rooms"
Very nice hotel with clean rooms, I like the design of the room we were in, it was a step above most of the other hotels I've stayed in. Some things could have been there from the start like more glasses but the hotel staff brought us some glasses right away upon calling them. Highly recommended, this is most likely my favorite hotel I had the pleasure to stay in.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Roger
"Great location, funky boutique hotel"
Great place, lacking instructions on tv, heating system so had to ask staff to come help us figure it out. The heat was so high in the night we all slept with blankets off and pretty uncomfortable. We have been offered an upgrade for our next stay which is a nice way to compensate us for the inconvenience.
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
Martin
"Mediocre Stay"
Couple of issues with this hotel - the floors are wooden, and the walls are thin. Could easily hear my neighbors next door were going in and out of their room, and could hear loud creaking when my neighbors upstairs were walking around. There was also no iron or ironing board in the room, which are relatively standard items provided in a hotel. When calling down to reception, no one would pick up the phone on multiple occasions. Overall the room was clean and comfortable (minus the noise). Good location downtown, close to bars and restaurants.
2 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
Maxim
Attentive staff, very nice rooms (worthy of four stars), well priced, central area. I noticed that there was damage where the fixtures met the wall (lower end construction job) but minor niggle. Next time I'm in Montreal I'll definitely consider coming back to this hotel.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Modern and great service"
Hotel is located in the middle of downtown Montreal. Great location, modern decoration, well priced and a great breakfast.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
Rob
"Night at the Swan"
Double shower was very nice, however there was no cold water so the shower was too hot to enjoy. Also, if you stay here ask to be on the third floor. The wood floors are nice to look at, but can be noisy if someone is above you.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
"Well located hotel in Downtown Montreal"
The hotel is well located. The decor and room was very nice. It's located in a old building, with wooden floors. I liked the room style and the location was convenient. Unfortunately, there's was a lot of noise from young party makers were making a lot of noises in the other rooms in corridors from 11:00 PM on. Somebody from the staff came on the floor (I'm guessing security from the sound of it) to warn them at around 12:30. But the noise continued until 2:00 am, when there was a power outage in the hotel. When I made the comment to the front desk about the noise the next morning, I was told that it was possibly from the restaurant next door... At 2:00 am? Come on... I'm guessing that since Crescent street bars are not far from the hotel, young Americans come to the city and stay at the hotel to party. Too bad people have no respect for other guests.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Philster
"Small room"
small room!!Too much expectations...
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
"Awesome get away."
A Hidden Jem.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Modern-Chic Hotel"
Was meeting up with some friends in Downtown Montreal for the evening and wanted a place to sleep overnight. This is not your typical cookie-cutter hotel. It is a quiet, tastefully decorated and a well designed modern-chic hotel with beautiful lighting along with black wood floors instead of your standard wall-to-wall carpeting. Beautiful large bathroom with a super body-jets shower. Very clean all around including hallways and elevator. Conveniently located on a quiet street a stone's-throw away from Crescent Street. I will definitely stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2014
Roberto
"I recommand the Swann Hotel"
It was my second visit at your hotel, and again I appreciated it. We have the possibility to take a walk to visit Montréal Down town to explore it, and many restaurants are near or the Hôtel, and the Bell center. I have a case on the top of my car, but there is exterior parking very near of the hotel, so it's not a concern. Very nice place.
1 night business trip Dec 16, 2014
François
"Unique Experience."
Unique place with cool rooms. I'd stay again. The rooms could have used some tlc. The drywall was is rough shape in some areas!
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Doug
"Loved it!"
Great little hotel in a great downtown location! Clean, quiet, friendly and unique. I get tired of the same hotel chain rooms over and over. Chez Swann is a really nice change. Good business hotel but it would be even better shared.
2 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
Brent
"Looks much better than it actually is."
Very squeaky floors in entire hotel. No parking provided by the hotel, there is parking near by, but it costs $24 overnight and $32 if you don't take your car out by 10:00 am. After the stay hotel charged my card for damages without notifying me or letting me know in any way. After I saw the charge I called the hotel, they claim they are missing a lamp. I've sent them a picture of the room that we took when we first checked in that shows there was no lamp, but I got no farther response from the hotel, nor did they reverse the charge. Save yourself the pleasure of hearing every foot step on your floor and the head ache of dealing with incompetent staff and stay somewhere else.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Hawk
"Perfect hotel for Bell Centre attendance"
It was an awesome stay for us 4 woman to shop, attend concerts and enjoy Montreal.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Annette
"Great hotel nice and close to Crescent St."
Had an amazing time at Chez Swann. We started off in 308 which was a gorgeous room with great sitting area and bay window. We had one hiccup, really it was our own preference and no fault of the hotel, but our room just wasn't quite cool enough so Chris at the front desk quickly fixed that for us and switched us into 309 which was even better. Again, gorgeous bed, big bay window and double shower. The staff in general were great both at the hotel and the restaurant. Chris in particular was a great help throughout the entire stay. I would recommend Hotel Chez Swann to anyone. It's a great boutique hotel in a great area. 5 minute walk to the bell centre and close to tons if restaurants. We will be back for sure.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Needs some work."
We had the standard room and stayed for 5 nights. We were located in room 310 which seemed great to start but we found out it had some issues. The biggest issue was there was no way to adjust the shower temperature which was always set to extremely hot. We had seen other people had this issue and was hoping it would of been fixed. We had brought it up to hotel staff and they said they would look in to it. Our hand towels weren't changed daily and we had the same two glasses our entire trip. (We even placed one by the garbage can to see if they would get the hint but they just put it back on the table.) We only received soap to wash our hands every second day and on our second last day they took our soap and didn't give us any! The two hottest days of our trip we didn't get the complimentary bottled water we were supposed to receive but on the third day we finally got some. There is no coffee maker and no mini fridge in the room. The hotel is really pretty and so was the room (it was the one of the smallest on our floor but it was certainly not too small) but there is just some cleanliness issues that need to be addressed as well as the obvious pluming issues. The AC was great and easily adjustable. We didn't have a window to the outside in our room but we were able to block out the light from the skylight easily with the curtains.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Kayla
"First time there"
Generally surprised with the hotel. Great location and clean. Can get noisy on weekends since it's adjacent to bars and clubs. Floor creeks; you hear the people walking from floors above. It lacks some amenities, but overall it's good. Nice restaurant below.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2014
Ryu
"Great hotel new Bell Center"
Stayed here during Canada day and it was a great hotel. I was weery at first because of the name- I didn't know what to expect. But it was unique and hotel staff were very friendly. It's close to everything downtown and very clean. I will stay here again!
Other trip Jul 9, 2014