All hotels in Twain Harte, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here22675 Black Hawk Drive, Twain Harte, CA, 95383, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good hotel but far from Yosemite"
The room was comfortable for the price and the staff very helping and nice, but the motel absolutely isn't "25 miles to Yosemite Big Oak Flat Entrance" as it says on the description, it's 55 miles away (Google maps), and it's all windy roads limited to 25 to 35 mph, so it takes a good 2 hours to get to the park. This kinda ruined the trip for us, as we expected to be 30 minutes away from Yosemite.
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
"Comfy stop"
Just enough comfort for us ! Management were very accommodating and helped us locate our evening destination...
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"Small as can be"
The room was small as can be. Even for 1 person it was tiny.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
"Location and Price - Can't beat it"
For the location and price, this is a great place to stay for skiing at Dodge Ridge. There is nothing fancy about the motel, but the staff are friendly, the rooms are warm, the water is hot, and the beds are comfy.
3 night trip Dec 24, 2014
"El dorado stay, GREAT"
While the hotel is old it was clean and very comfortable. The owners were very attentive and made sure I had a comfortable stay. The best part was they allowed dogs.
2 night trip Dec 20, 2014
"What I expected"
Old but clean! If you book a 2* Hotel you could expected fassilities from a 2* hotel. The wifi was pretty good and it's near Yosemite if you do a roadtrip (aprox. 1h) The only thing which doesn't fit 100% in this hotel category is the price tho. 30% more expensive than average.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
dunno
They have a Wonderful bed.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Yosimite bound"
Pet friendly and quiet. Somewhat outdated but comfortable.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
rebecca
"Cheap but not worth $55"
Carpet was dirty and under the bed it has been awhile since cleaned.The room was the smallest one I've ever stayed in (thus they only allow one person in the tiny twin bed) I could touch ethe front door and bath door at the same time. There were missing light bulbs in two of the fixed ceiling lamps. The tiny refrigerator froze my nightcralwers which I brought in so they woul dnot freeze in the car. (Fishing trip)
1 night trip Nov 9, 2014
"Good for the price"
Small, no frills room but it was perfect for a one night stay in the area. The town center of Twain Harte is a short drive (under 5 minutes) away and the hotel was clean and inexpensive.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Edward
"Service was horrible"
I had actually booked this hotel 3 months ago and they asked for my credit card to put on file. The person that I spoke to at the time said they only needed it to make the reservation and I was assured they would NOT charge my debit card and that I have the option to at cash upon arrival. After I checked in, the owner who barely spoke english told me my credit card was declined and made a fit about my wanting to pay cash. Ummmmmm who the heck authorized my credit card to be swiped? It had been declined cause I had changed to a new card as the old one was tarnished. I was then told that my reservation was cancelled back then because they couldn't get the money first. She then had me upgrade to another room that cost more. That was uncalled for.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Depends on your neighbors"
The walls are thin, if you have noisy neighbors (as my first night was) it will not be quiet; my second night was quiet. The surrounding neighborhood is quiet. Compared to other prices in the area it's a bargain.
2 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
"Great place"
Super helpful and friendly staff. The location is surrounded by huge pine trees and such a quaint little town. The room was clean and comfortable. Great cable, pool and hot tub were up and running, small gift shop. Only downside was no breakfast but that didn't matter because the small town was in walking distance and had a breakfast place.
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2014
Cristina C
"Felt at home out of town!"
Perfect place to stay! Little homey town as well. Staff was personable and helpful. Had everything we needed for the night stay!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Room extremely small"
The room is extremely small, almost no window and loud air conditioner.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Norbert
"Great Place"
Very nice owners of this small hotel. They are renovating rooms and the one I was given had been painted recently. This made it hard for me to breathe due to chemical sensitivity. The manager very kindly upgraded me to a larger room. Then she called me on the room phone to make sure i was comfortable. Everything was clean and the location is quiet - in a quaint little mountain town on highway 108.
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2014
The Traveler
"Small, inexpensive, lovely staff"
I've been going to El Dorado for a few years now. I don't spent too much time in the room when I'm up in the Sierras. I like this motel as it's small, one level and I had a spinal fusion. The owners are the sweetest people and are always very nice to me. There is a pool and a hot tub. This is the least expensive hotel I think you can find and it's quiet, perfectly suitable. I'd rather spend my money on dinner or other things. I've stayed at some of the bigger motels in Twaine Harte and gotten nothing more from it and not that personal feeling and feeling of safety I get at the El Dorado.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Liz
The Couple at the front desk were very friendly
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Samantha A
"CUTE MOTEL AND FRIENLY STAFF"
THE MOTEL WAS SUPER CUTE AND THE STAFF WAS REALLY FRIENDLY. AFTER WE WERE IN OUR ROOM THE STAFF CALLED THE ROOM TO MAKE USE EVERYTHING WAS OK. SHE WAS SWEET. THE ROOM WAS CLEAN AND HAD A FRIDGE AND MICROWAVE. EVERYTHING WAS GREAT.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
K
"Good Motel"
It was nice place to stay. The room was good with private bathroom, shower facility and internet use. Overall, it was really good place, the owner was friendly. I recommend this motel to other people.
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
I was just passing by and it served its purpose well
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
There are limited choices in town for hotels/motels, it was a good value for the money. Clean rooms and pool area.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Nice 10plus"
Very Nice Clean Cool even thought it was hot i will be staying there again keep up the good work.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Just a place to sleep"
For what I paid, I knew what I was getting into. It was just a place to sleep.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Roy
"El Dorado Motel and the small town of Twain Harte"
After four days in the wilderness of Yosemite area my girlfriend and I went to the small town of Twain Harte and the appropriately small motel - El Dorado Motel. Anything would have fit our needs coming off the trail. Smelly, grungy and starving we loved our stay in this fun small town, it was nice to be tucked away in the corner of the Valley near the mountains. The town itself has everything you'll need, ice cream, Chinese restaurant, Pizza, Food market and an amazing little breakfast cafe all on the small main street of Twain Harte, El Dorado is just a quarter mile down the road, a quick drive or sprawling walk to everything you need. The Motel was a small room and bathroom, but after staying in what was suppose to be a Hotel in San Francisco, El Dorado looked more like a Hilton in our eyes. The proprietor was quick and straight to business when checking in and very accommodating to making sure we had everything we need. They have a pool and spa, which unfortunately we didn't get to check out - overly exhausted and starving we never found the time. Overall an overlooked town, this motel fit the style of Twain Harte, though maybe a bit more expensive than we'd expect, it was worth giving to the small town's tourist economy.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Billy
"Before the Sonora pass"
Great little place to stay for a night or two before crossing the Rockies. Clean, good value and nice little town just down the road for a bit to eat.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
Liza
"False advertising"
This motel advertises that it is 39 miles from Yosemite Valley. I booked the room for four days based on that claim. I was extremely upset when I find out they are 110 miles from Yosemite Valley. When confronted with this the owner immediately blurts "it is 39 miles as the crow flies" I based my whole trip on the assumption that this motel was a reasonable distance from the park.
Response by El Dorado Motel
I am so very sorry you did not have a good experience at our motel. However, I would like to mention that we haven’t mentioned the distance of Yosemite Park on our official web site. We always advice our guests to check the distance and travel condition for any destination before making any travel plans. We sincerely apologies for inconvenience caused.
4 night trip May 14, 2014
"horrible beds shower had no pressure wifi none"
never again
Response by El Dorado Motel
I am so very sorry you did not have a good experience at our hotel. We strive to offer a great stay, and comfortable surroundings. As the reviewer chose to post anonymously, we don’t know the actual room but we have taken your comments very seriously and will investigate them so that we can correct and coach.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2014
"Hotel rated highly bc of relativity"
Compare this hotel to a similarly priced hotel in a suburban city like Roseville, and it's a dump. The only reason the prices are so high and the ratings high in return, is because there isn't much competition. Aka it's in the middle of no where. I don't think that's any reason to review it any differently. The room was fine enough. We just needed a bed to sleep in and a bathroom to get ready in (for a wedding). But the bathroom smelled terrible, like something got stuck in the pipes. The bedding could use some updates. And more pillows should be provided (though I'm sure we could have asked). This hotel still uses actual keys! Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but a reflection of how old it is.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"cozy and quite"
it was very settle very good very cozy room
1 night trip May 31, 2014
tony
"it was great"
the owners were very sweet. went out of their way to help us even at midnight.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
nirali
Very nice and clean room. Staff was professional & friendly.
2 night business trip May 27, 2014
Angiras
"Decent "Budget Motel""
Not a bad choice if one is looking for Bed, Bath (& not much Beyond). Room has all the basic amenities - Mini fridge, Microwave, TV etc.. Manager/Owner (Mr Jain) was courteous even when we checked in well past midnight. Even though this Motel is in a very scenic location, it must be noted that it is at least 1.5 hours from Yosemite National park. All in all, I don't have any complaints about this Hotel & I consider it as a decent Budget Motel.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
sathish
"Friendly town, beautiful surroundings."
We had a very pleasant stay. The room was clean and comfortable.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
"Better slep in your car"
My car is clean and my wife and I would have liked to sleep in our car if it was not for our baby. Such a shame the management does not care for the pitiful condition that this hotel is in.
1 night family trip May 3, 2014
"Handy to "downtown" Twain Harte""
Accommodations were modest, but comfortable.
2 night trip May 5, 2014
Ron
"older but comfortable"
Not all shiny and new, not a classic beauty. An older hotel in good condition at a fair price. It was cold when we were there and the heater worked good.. Microwave, mini fridge, coffee pot, hair dryer in room. would stay again.
2 night trip May 5, 2014
Jack
"Good price,small room"
The twin bed room was small. I barely was able to move in it. The staff was fine. The online price was really the only reason I stayed. I had been staying at a diiferent intown hotel for the past month but only used this as the price of the other location increased to more than I was willing to pay. I wolud guess the larger rooms are probably more comfortable. The location was good for my stay as I was working in the area again.
2 night business trip May 5, 2014
BCBG
"Very friendly staff, very remote location"
This was a lovely place to stay during our trip to Yosemite, but it suffered from being a little TOO far out of the way to make a good staging area. On the plus side, the drive out along 108 was beautiful, the room was spacious and had a full kitchenette (with an oven!), and the pool and hot tub were lovely. If you need to head this way, it's definitely a good place to spend the night.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"Go Else Where!"
I was sucked in by other reviews.... Should have looked around more
1 night business trip May 24, 2013
"Good stay"
This isn't the nicest place around but it offers fair prices and a comfortable stay. All my immediate needs were met and the husband and wife running it were very nice and helpful. The only downfall was I felt as if the shower wasn't as clean as it should be and the only coffee filter they provided was dirty. Other than these two details the room and surrounding area was simple, clean, and overall well kept. I'd come back!
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2012
Caroline
"Quaint, small, private, quiet motel"
If you want an upscale, modern hotel, this is not the place for you. We found the location for our purposes to be satisfactory. It was a very quiet location set in the woods outside the quaint village of Twain Harte. There were several restaurants close by but not within easy walking distance. You could walk but it would be a hike. There is a pool and spa but, as they are located outdoors, it was not an appropriate time of year to use them. The room was very clean and had obviously been recently renovated with fresh paint. The bathrooms were outfitted with newer facilities--toilet, vanity and shower. Our only negative were the beds. The linens, pillows and coverings were clean and fresh and appeared to be quite new. However, the mattresses were not of the best quality and were not very comfortable. If we were to travel in the area again, we would probably stay there again.
2 night trip May 26, 2012
Elaine

"traverling"
IT WAS A GREAT LITTLE PLACE IN THE WOODY PARK LAND AND WE WERE NEAR A FULL MARKET OF SHOPS FOR ALL OUR NEEDS
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Margaret R

"田舎のモーテルではとても良い"
ヨセミテからも割と近く、気持ちの良い山道が付近にたくさんあるのでドライブの中継地として利用しました。スーパーは近くにありませんが車で5分かからないぐらいの所にコンビニがあるので特に不便とは思いませんでした。ホテルの設備ですがしっかりと整備、清掃されていてとてもよかったです。
2 night trip Oct 1, 2014
"Very small room !"
Very small room. I reserved King size bed room, but actually, it's only a single bed room.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
TETSUYA
JP
"Gemütliches kleines Hotel, abseits von allem"
Haben eine Nacht dort verbracht, etwas weit entfernt von allem, aber trotzdem angenehm, sauber und völlig ausreichend für Leute auf der Durchreise.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Stephan
DE
"Sur le strip"
Bon hotel, decors sympa, seuls bemols: pas de petit dej, et wifi dans les chambres seulement collé a la fenetre. Un conseil: les consommations de boissons (alcool ou non) sont gratuites quand vous jouez sur les tables ou aux machines, seulement payer des tips ... Profitez en !
1 night trip with friends Jun 11, 2014
FR
"Goede prijs kwaliteit verhouding."
Goede start van onze trip.
1 night romance trip May 28, 2014
Anjo Schuite
NL
"good value for money, good restaurants nearby"
A small, but very friendly little motel, found a great restaurant at walking distance, perfect choice great value for money.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
NL
"支配人に感謝 Thaks for the Master"
When I used this motel, I had really bad snow storm. I could get there 3 in the morning. It was also so cold but they warmed up for me from 7 pm. I was totally feel confortable and safe at that time.
Other trip Dec 12, 2013