All hotels in Twain Harte, California, United States of America
22675 Black Hawk Drive, Twain Harte, CA, 95383, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Regular internet service
    Uncomfortable
    Bad breakfast
"Bad Experience at Hotel Eldorado"
If anyone is planning on giving a gift and booking on you credit card, don't do it, as I gave my grandson a birthday gift to spend two (2) days in Pinecrest at this hotel, he wanted to spend time in the mountains. They would not accept my information that I had booked thru Hotel.com. Lucky for him he had cash on him and he had to pay for two nights, if he paid for only one night, he would not had a room. I called the hotel and told them any information they wanted I could give that it was not a bogus card. Nope wanted cash.
2 night romance trip Jan 8, 2016
Ethel
"Nice little motel in the wood"
Well, it's a nice little motel in the wood. It is next to the road so it can be a little noisy from the passing cars. Good thing it's a small road so noise is still manageable I think. However, for some light sleepers it can be hard to get a good rest because some cars/truck did drive pretty fast in the evening making a little noisy. The check-in office is quite small, so one may have to wait outside while another guest is inside. Ice maker is also located in this office. I don't know how do guest get ice if the office closes at 10pm, we got ours before 10pm. We booked our room through Expedia. The confusing part was there was one section/package that included car parking spot, and another section/package that excluded parking. We got the package that excluded parking since others were sold out with parking. This was a bit concerning for us in the beginning wondering where would we park our car. It all turned out OK, we just parked in front of our room or where ever available in the lot as told by the front desk lady.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
Jackson129
"Bad odor, stains, poor quality bed"
There was a terrible odor in the room and the bathroom... A combination of mildew and a sweet chemical odor. I kept the outer door open for a half hour, and despite the fact that my room with a twin bed measured only about eight foot by eight foot, the odor would not go away. Some parts of the room appeared to have never been cleaned (fridge shelf and blinds). All the shelves in the room were made with 2 X 4s and plywood screwed into the walls, done really sloppily. I would not sit in the chair. It appeared to have 20 years worth of stains on it. There was not an inch without stains. The bed was not hotel quality, but a combination of springs and vaguely hammocky.... Cheapest quality that can be purchased. Bedcover had stains and cigarette holes. Hotel owner was nice, sheets and pillows and towels were immaculately clean, which is the only thing that kept me there. Bathroom was very clean, though it had a mildew smell.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2015
it was real clean n comfortable room. Only thing was that on website it showed that the hotel was 26 miles from Yosemite park, but it was lots further than 26 miles.
1 night romance trip Sep 14, 2015
Shabbir
The room was small and cold all night. We couldn't set the air conditioner.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
"Awesome"
Talk about a surprise this place was amazing. The room was so comfortable and the manager was very nice. If ever in the area again I'm staying here again.
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
Kirk A
"Dirty, otherwise just ok"
I was planning a very late arrival at this hotel. Knowing this I called the hotel weeks in advance to check if this was a problem. The person on the phone gave a big sigh and said it would be fine but it didn't make me feel particularly welcome. When I did arrive at the hotel the man who checked me in didn't really speak English. He was able to communicate very strongly however, that the room was non smoking. When I did get to my room at 2am, however, it REEKED of smoke, badly - and continued to do so during my 4 night stay, despite leaving a fan on all day with an open window. Additionally, the walls were FILTHY. I had a bottle of cleaner left in my room which I sprayed on the wall where I saw a bunch of brown splotches and after I had rubbed a bit with a washcloth... well what do you know it came right off. They need to seriously take some elbow grease to this room. Also, the chair included in the room was COVERED in dirty stains. How hard is it to get some stain remover, or get another $10 chair from a thrift store? Honestly I don't have high expectations but this was just ridiculous. I was nervous I would be charged their ridiculous smoking fee the room smelled so bad - and told the hotel lady so - she said as long as I didn't smoke it'd be fine, but it smelled so strongly I don't even know if she could have noticed the difference. From Yosemite Valley itself (the little city inside the park) to the hotel is roughly a 105-120 min drive.
4 night trip Aug 12, 2015
"It was my second choice in 2 years."
The Wildwood had uncomfortable furniture, so I booked The Eldorado to see. It filled my needs , but the cleanliness in the shower and walls in the bathroom needed a deep cleaning. The Hot Tub smelled like it had not been treated recently and was in need of repair. The visit was a 2. But, it was close to where I was vacationing while my family camped for the week in the Sierras.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
The only complaint I had was that the appliances were a bit dated. The owners were incredibly friendly and accommodating. My sister and I were more than impressed by the motel. Also, it was a quick ten minute walk to downtown Twain Harte. We fell in love with motel and the town and have every intention of revisiting the area and staying in the same motel.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Bai
It was nice.Walking distance to restaraunts,shops and golf course.Staff was friendly.seemed genuinely concerned about our comfort.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
rory
"ElDorado"
Excellent stay. Would definitely stay there again. Customer Service excellent
2 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
"Not a good location if visiting Yosemite."
Although this motel was fine, it was very far from the nearest entrance to Yosemite National Park. (1hr 15 mins). There are several other towns that are closer and have more things to do. This town is really out in the middle of nowhere with few amenities. I found the staff friendly and helpful, the facilities were pretty clean - but if you are a single traveller, be aware that one room, I think it is 12a, is extremely small.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
great little motel
2 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2015
"Clean and quiet"
Small old room but clean and quiet.
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Donald
Good Experience with this Hotel. Courteous Staff, enquired with us after we checkedin if everything is good and that we are comfortable. Super clean rooms. Would definitely recommend this place to my family and friends.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Rohit
"Good hotel but far from Yosemite"
The room was comfortable for the price and the staff very helping and nice, but the motel absolutely isn't "25 miles to Yosemite Big Oak Flat Entrance" as it says on the description, it's 55 miles away (Google maps), and it's all windy roads limited to 25 to 35 mph, so it takes a good 2 hours to get to the park. This kinda ruined the trip for us, as we expected to be 30 minutes away from Yosemite.
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
"Comfy stop"
Just enough comfort for us ! Management were very accommodating and helped us locate our evening destination...
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"Clean,comfort,barbecue set up"
Friendly officer, clean facilities, barbecue set up already.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Small as can be"
The room was small as can be. Even for 1 person it was tiny.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
"Location and Price - Can't beat it"
For the location and price, this is a great place to stay for skiing at Dodge Ridge. There is nothing fancy about the motel, but the staff are friendly, the rooms are warm, the water is hot, and the beds are comfy.
3 night trip Dec 24, 2014
Terrible since I got the small room. It was the smallest motel room I ever gotten since I started vacationing in the 1970s. My bathroom at home is bigger than the room I got. The smoke alarm was broken and the plumbing pipes made gurgling noise when the sink or shower was used.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"El dorado stay, GREAT"
While the hotel is old it was clean and very comfortable. The owners were very attentive and made sure I had a comfortable stay. The best part was they allowed dogs.
2 night trip Dec 20, 2014
"What I expected"
Old but clean! If you book a 2* Hotel you could expected fassilities from a 2* hotel. The wifi was pretty good and it's near Yosemite if you do a roadtrip (aprox. 1h) The only thing which doesn't fit 100% in this hotel category is the price tho. 30% more expensive than average.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
dunno
They have a Wonderful bed.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Yosimite bound"
Pet friendly and quiet. Somewhat outdated but comfortable.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
rebecca
"Cheap but not worth $55"
Carpet was dirty and under the bed it has been awhile since cleaned.The room was the smallest one I've ever stayed in (thus they only allow one person in the tiny twin bed) I could touch ethe front door and bath door at the same time. There were missing light bulbs in two of the fixed ceiling lamps. The tiny refrigerator froze my nightcralwers which I brought in so they woul dnot freeze in the car. (Fishing trip)
1 night trip Nov 9, 2014
"Good for the price"
Small, no frills room but it was perfect for a one night stay in the area. The town center of Twain Harte is a short drive (under 5 minutes) away and the hotel was clean and inexpensive.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Edward
"Service was horrible"
I had actually booked this hotel 3 months ago and they asked for my credit card to put on file. The person that I spoke to at the time said they only needed it to make the reservation and I was assured they would NOT charge my debit card and that I have the option to at cash upon arrival. After I checked in, the owner who barely spoke english told me my credit card was declined and made a fit about my wanting to pay cash. Ummmmmm who the heck authorized my credit card to be swiped? It had been declined cause I had changed to a new card as the old one was tarnished. I was then told that my reservation was cancelled back then because they couldn't get the money first. She then had me upgrade to another room that cost more. That was uncalled for.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Depends on your neighbors"
The walls are thin, if you have noisy neighbors (as my first night was) it will not be quiet; my second night was quiet. The surrounding neighborhood is quiet. Compared to other prices in the area it's a bargain.
2 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
"Great place"
Super helpful and friendly staff. The location is surrounded by huge pine trees and such a quaint little town. The room was clean and comfortable. Great cable, pool and hot tub were up and running, small gift shop. Only downside was no breakfast but that didn't matter because the small town was in walking distance and had a breakfast place.
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2014
Cristina C
"Felt at home out of town!"
Perfect place to stay! Little homey town as well. Staff was personable and helpful. Had everything we needed for the night stay!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Room extremely small"
The room is extremely small, almost no window and loud air conditioner.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Norbert
"Great Place"
Very nice owners of this small hotel. They are renovating rooms and the one I was given had been painted recently. This made it hard for me to breathe due to chemical sensitivity. The manager very kindly upgraded me to a larger room. Then she called me on the room phone to make sure i was comfortable. Everything was clean and the location is quiet - in a quaint little mountain town on highway 108.
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2014
The Traveler
"Small, inexpensive, lovely staff"
I've been going to El Dorado for a few years now. I don't spent too much time in the room when I'm up in the Sierras. I like this motel as it's small, one level and I had a spinal fusion. The owners are the sweetest people and are always very nice to me. There is a pool and a hot tub. This is the least expensive hotel I think you can find and it's quiet, perfectly suitable. I'd rather spend my money on dinner or other things. I've stayed at some of the bigger motels in Twaine Harte and gotten nothing more from it and not that personal feeling and feeling of safety I get at the El Dorado.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Liz
The Couple at the front desk were very friendly
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Samantha A
"CUTE MOTEL AND FRIENLY STAFF"
THE MOTEL WAS SUPER CUTE AND THE STAFF WAS REALLY FRIENDLY. AFTER WE WERE IN OUR ROOM THE STAFF CALLED THE ROOM TO MAKE USE EVERYTHING WAS OK. SHE WAS SWEET. THE ROOM WAS CLEAN AND HAD A FRIDGE AND MICROWAVE. EVERYTHING WAS GREAT.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
K
"Good Motel"
It was nice place to stay. The room was good with private bathroom, shower facility and internet use. Overall, it was really good place, the owner was friendly. I recommend this motel to other people.
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
I was just passing by and it served its purpose well
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
There are limited choices in town for hotels/motels, it was a good value for the money. Clean rooms and pool area.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Nice 10plus"
Very Nice Clean Cool even thought it was hot i will be staying there again keep up the good work.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Just a place to sleep"
For what I paid, I knew what I was getting into. It was just a place to sleep.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Roy
"El Dorado Motel and the small town of Twain Harte"
After four days in the wilderness of Yosemite area my girlfriend and I went to the small town of Twain Harte and the appropriately small motel - El Dorado Motel. Anything would have fit our needs coming off the trail. Smelly, grungy and starving we loved our stay in this fun small town, it was nice to be tucked away in the corner of the Valley near the mountains. The town itself has everything you'll need, ice cream, Chinese restaurant, Pizza, Food market and an amazing little breakfast cafe all on the small main street of Twain Harte, El Dorado is just a quarter mile down the road, a quick drive or sprawling walk to everything you need. The Motel was a small room and bathroom, but after staying in what was suppose to be a Hotel in San Francisco, El Dorado looked more like a Hilton in our eyes. The proprietor was quick and straight to business when checking in and very accommodating to making sure we had everything we need. They have a pool and spa, which unfortunately we didn't get to check out - overly exhausted and starving we never found the time. Overall an overlooked town, this motel fit the style of Twain Harte, though maybe a bit more expensive than we'd expect, it was worth giving to the small town's tourist economy.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Billy
"Before the Sonora pass"
Great little place to stay for a night or two before crossing the Rockies. Clean, good value and nice little town just down the road for a bit to eat.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
Liza
"False advertising"
This motel advertises that it is 39 miles from Yosemite Valley. I booked the room for four days based on that claim. I was extremely upset when I find out they are 110 miles from Yosemite Valley. When confronted with this the owner immediately blurts "it is 39 miles as the crow flies" I based my whole trip on the assumption that this motel was a reasonable distance from the park.
Response by El Dorado Motel
I am so very sorry you did not have a good experience at our motel. However, I would like to mention that we haven’t mentioned the distance of Yosemite Park on our official web site. We always advice our guests to check the distance and travel condition for any destination before making any travel plans. We sincerely apologies for inconvenience caused.
4 night trip May 14, 2014
"horrible beds shower had no pressure wifi none"
never again
Response by El Dorado Motel
I am so very sorry you did not have a good experience at our hotel. We strive to offer a great stay, and comfortable surroundings. As the reviewer chose to post anonymously, we don’t know the actual room but we have taken your comments very seriously and will investigate them so that we can correct and coach.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2014
"Hotel rated highly bc of relativity"
Compare this hotel to a similarly priced hotel in a suburban city like Roseville, and it's a dump. The only reason the prices are so high and the ratings high in return, is because there isn't much competition. Aka it's in the middle of no where. I don't think that's any reason to review it any differently. The room was fine enough. We just needed a bed to sleep in and a bathroom to get ready in (for a wedding). But the bathroom smelled terrible, like something got stuck in the pipes. The bedding could use some updates. And more pillows should be provided (though I'm sure we could have asked). This hotel still uses actual keys! Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but a reflection of how old it is.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"cozy and quite"
it was very settle very good very cozy room
1 night trip May 31, 2014
tony
"it was great"
the owners were very sweet. went out of their way to help us even at midnight.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
nirali
Very nice and clean room. Staff was professional & friendly.
2 night business trip May 27, 2014
Angiras
"Decent "Budget Motel""
Not a bad choice if one is looking for Bed, Bath (& not much Beyond). Room has all the basic amenities - Mini fridge, Microwave, TV etc.. Manager/Owner (Mr Jain) was courteous even when we checked in well past midnight. Even though this Motel is in a very scenic location, it must be noted that it is at least 1.5 hours from Yosemite National park. All in all, I don't have any complaints about this Hotel & I consider it as a decent Budget Motel.
2 night trip May 16, 2014