All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, IL, 60605, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A hostel through and through"
Stayed in the private double room. Set up very much like a college dorm. A bunk bed inside a tiny room inside a small corridor with 3 other rooms. Shared bathroom, shared shower, shared kitchen. Honestly only slept in the room and was very pleased with that. Room service never came and switched the sheets or our bathroom towels. For the location the price was very good great spot for people who just want to enjoy Chicago.
3 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2014
Ross
"Congenial and Clean"
I had a positive experience. The facility was similar to a college dorm with a large dining area and activities desk. The staff was wonderful. The staff helped travelers get to activities. I would stay there again and recommend it to friends visiting the Chicago area.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Centrally located hostel with private rooms"
Hostel International Chicago is a hostel right in the centre of downtown Chicago. The location is excellent - very convenient for walking to anywhere in the heart of chicago and near to other transport links. The staff are generally helpful, with a tourist helpdesk on the second floor. The private room that I had was very small but functional, with a good desk allowing work on a laptop. Breakfact (included) was OK. The least good thing about this is the price, which I found pretty high for the facilities, but I suppose that is a consequence of its central location.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Close to downtown"
They say they have free wifi, good luck trying to get on it. This was the first and last time I ever stay at a hostel hotel. Pay $132 for a lumpy bed, no tv, and wifi that you can't get on. I wouldn't recommend this for any couples.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
bob
"close to the railway"
got a private room on 7th floor, the first room beds were not set, the second room was better but still too noisy, could hear trains running outside every several minutes. Private room door was opened early in the morning for no reason, we simply just checked out one day earlier for safety consideration.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
nessa
Excellent
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2014
"Weekend stay at the Hostelling"
Although the room I had was a private one it was still setup like a dorm room with bunk beds and lockers. The people at the front desk were very nice and even upgraded me to a bigger room at no additional cost. The continental breakfast should be called a cereal and bread bar as that’s all that they had, I would recommend going out for breakfast. The location was great and overall for a less expensive alternative it was nice. If you are into the nice comfy beds or a romantic getaway I would not recommend it but if you are traveling with kids or a larger family it is good. I will stay there again the next time I visit Chicago.
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2014
"Hostelling International Chicago: love it!"
This was my first expirience in a hostel and I would recommended! It was very nice, clean, the people I met were very interesting, the food was good the facilities were nice. I would definitly go back! The hostel was close to the Millenium Park and other interesting places. It was close to a train station and buses.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Lilia
"private room OK - shared restroom HORRIBLE"
The private room is decent; but the shared restroom is terribly filthy. And the nightly rate is about $120 !! I think it is OK for one night but not for a week or so.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
SedA
"Great Location!"
My sister and I really enjoyed our stay here. The front desk staff were helpful and the location was perfect. I would stay at this hostel again in the future.
2 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2014
Kieana
Delivers what it promises, simple, basic service. Within that, excellent in every respect, helpful, pleasant service, nice room, not far from CTA (subway). If I return to the area, I will want to stay here again.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Exceeded Expectations"
My wife and I had never stayed at hostel before. I was hesitant to stay there at first so we got a private room (much more expensive, but still very reasonable for being in the heart of Chicago) instead of the standard dorm style room. We did have a shared bathroom, living room and small kitchen but with only 3 other private rooms. The rooms was very clean and simple, exactly our style. It turned out great! The hostel staff was very nice, the other guests were all friendly. Next time we will definitely be staying in a dorm style. My only complaint was that the bed was pretty uncomfortable, my back doesn't tolerate very stiff beds particularly well. The free breakfast in the morning was very tasty and ran longer than most hotels I've ever stayed at. The location is great - it's only a 10-15min walk from OTC and Union, and 5min from Millennium park.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2014
Logan S.
Best quality hostel I've ever stayed in. A little pricy, but worth it.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Jack
"Located in Downtown Chicago"
The hostel is located right in the middle of all the downtown action. Parks, museums, shopping, main city attractions are all within walking distance.
6 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Jaime
This hostel concept is not a good value for the money in downtown Chicago. There are hotels with competitive pricing which have a private bath. However, this was a stay for event convenience and worked out well. Your car can be parked in the Millennium underground garage at Michigan Ave. and left there knowing it will be safe. Most of the clients of this hostel are students with a smattering of others. Be sure to read the Hotels.com description of a facility like this before you jump as it is not always clear. It was sticker shock when I registered at the front desk. Free breakfast and wi-fi were good amenities.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2014
The people who work were nice. The room was not ready and clean when assigned to me. Good place to stay with a reasonable price.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Nice for a Hostel"
Nice, reasonably clean comfortable and safe particularly for being right downtown. GREAT location downtown with access to subway, etc. A little noisy given location.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Horrifying"
Just don't even think about this place!
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Ok for the length of time we were there."
. It was not a bad experience but it was different. Hate the fact that there was no TV in the room. So if you decided to return to your room early there is really nothing to do. There was not even a TV in the common area. They were bunk beds that was ok but if you are on the heavy side it wont work. Breakfast was ok but I have had better. Over all it worked for what we were there for but would not stay there again. Next time I will pay the extra money.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Clean and Convenient!"
I was somewhat apprehensive but I would stay again without reserve. It was a little awkward having the HVAC control for all rooms in a suite located in one guest's room, however, the front desk staff saw to it that the AC turned up a bit to cool the rest of the rooms.
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
Laura Detert
"Great hostel, perfect location"
As a solo traveller, I wanted an affordable place to stay that was in a safe convenient location. Whilst searching for hotels on Expedia, it quickly became apparent I would be paying either 200+ a night or staying in sururbia. Then I came across hostelling international. Whilst I'm not usually a hostel person, I opted for a private room. The good: - fantastic location, short walking distance to the art institute and millennium park, and I even walked to magnificent mile and up to Lincoln lark zoo (although this tool 1.5 hours, but is pleasant flat walk) - short flat walk to train station, which is an essential if you're coming from the airport, am hour out if town - across road to CVS pharmacy and other fast food options for a cheap easy dinner - room was big and clean and comfortable The not so good: - there are two train lines above ground right outside the back of the building. The trains run 24/7 and very frequent - so that can be heard all night - whilst the hotel had quite hours at night, these were not enforced. One both nights I was kept up by loud parties in the room next door.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Aussie
"Fantastic location!"
This is a simple, clean place to stay in the heart of the loop! You can walk to most tourist sites in less than 20 minutes!
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Was hard to find as it is not advertised as h.I. All signage says Harris family hostel, was confusing. Tried to change reservations for cheaper room and was lied to by staff, said they had no more single beds in shared room when in fact they had five,blankets were dirty, bathroom trash over flowing and shower was dirty. Breakfast not so great but at least it was free. Was not worth the price I had to pay for one nite.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"Awesome Location and Great Place to Stay"
This hostel's location was extremely convenient in regards to location. My conference was along the Magnificent Mile in downtown Chicago on the South Loop and this hostel was only a mile from it, so I walked every day to my conference. It was a beautiful walk and I got to see what all that area had to offer. I ended up stumbling upon the Sound of Music lyric opera because of this. I immediately got tickets for their show that weekend and it was amazing! This hostel is by far the most convenient of locales and they always had someone there to help you with any questions about the hostel, as well as for what there is to do in Chicago. And almost every night they had something planned for the travelers if they wanted to experience Chicago. Overall a GREAT place to stay. I will definitely stay there again if I come back to Chicago.
4 night business trip May 21, 2014
Mel
"HI CHICAGO was great!"
They have lots of activities for the guest and it was really helpful to meet new people and walk around chicago. I love hostelling international accommodation, I will book here again if I come back to Chicago.!
2 night trip with friends May 19, 2014
sodam choe
"A great experience."
I didn't really know what to expect, but I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were spotless, the staff were amazingly polite (seriously, I had better service there than I've had at a Hayatt), in a good location, and has all kinds of great food in walking distance! I would stay there again.
2 night business trip May 20, 2014
Tyson
"Cheap and downtown"
I was in town for a conference on a student scholarship, and this hostel was great for a student on a tight budget. For a hostel, it was amazingly clean and comfortable. The best part is the location: it's close to typical Chicago attractions, and very close to the Red Line so you can get to the other places in the city easily. My only issue had to do with me personally needing to be up by 6:30 each day to get to the conference in time, so I had to be asleep much earlier than my roommates. It's not the fault of the hostel, but if you need to be up early, consider finding a cheap hotel, unless you're OK with noise at night and causing the noise in the morning.
Other trip May 22, 2014
Connie
"Except for the noise of the El, perfect."
Then again, where in the Loop won't you hear the train? There is no better location except perhaps the Congress Hotel (half a block away) or Hilton. I started in a private room for $125 a night on a weekend but had to do the 3rd night in a 4 bed dorm on the top bunk. Only bed available. In both rooms I slept soundly on clean bedding with everything one could need in the way of linens and towels. All your touristy needs are anticipated here. I felt safer than I might have in a regular hotel and enjoyed the fact that it is a hostel filled with both young and older people (I'm 65), mostly very nice and well-educated, no prima donnas. I enjoyed the 20 and 30- somethings' company when I felt like being social. Breakfasts were fine and fresh: muffins, croissants, not so great orange juice e, cold cereal choices, grilled cheese, bagels, oranges, apples (an apple each day saved me as I had no time for lunch given the grueling tourist schedule I assigned myself). So many free optional extras: discounts for tickets, great advice/information for tourists from Chicagoan volunteers, free lunches some days, chapel on Sunday optional, group tours and events. Internet use was only $2. There's a t.v. viewing room, but there's so much to do in Chicago that I didn't watch it at all.
Other trip May 21, 2014
"Great Location, Don't Be Scared"
Neat. Friendly. Guests from all over the planet. It was my first time hostelling. Can't believe I waited 45 years.
Other trip May 21, 2014
"Very pleased with my first hostel experience"
I was very pleased with my stay at the Chicago hostel. I would definitely stay there again.
2 night trip May 17, 2014
Edward
I have bad experience they have bad reception at chicago.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Perfect location for all sights and trains to ORD"
It was good :) I loved the breakfast.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Evita
"Affordable, nice place to stay for solo travellers"
I stayed there just one night for some business in Chicago. Location is great, just a couple of walks away from Downtown Loop. Staff and receptionists were friendly; everything was well explained. The hostel is membership-based, so you get charged an extra of three dollars per day if you don't have membership. Room was designed for 6 to 8 guests, and if you're not outgoing you may feel a little uncomfortable surrounded by strangers, but everyone got their own space, and I didn't get back until late at night, so that was not a problem. Breakfast was decent. There's also an activity room and Internet room for you to work. Wifi is complementary. You have your own locker in the room to keep you stuff, but bring your own lock and key.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Nice hotel in Chicago"
Staff was friendly, rooms are clean and breakfast was ok.
Other trip May 12, 2014
mnmrls
"Very solid - better than expected"
Everything was cleaner than expected and no problems to report.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
I found it to be very consistent with what was advertised..
2 night business trip Apr 28, 2014
"Chicago"
Excellent I really enjoy it and I hope I can visit Chicago again
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Excellent Hostel"
I've only stayed at a couple hostels (one in NY, NOT HI, and this one), and I've got to stay, this was very impressive! I only had to stay for a night, but I would've been happy to stay a week there!
1 night trip Mar 30, 2014
"Perfect at Chicago!"
Right in the Loop area, near to multiple amazing places. Nice breakfast and you can also make friends with your roommates.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Tep
"Recommended"
Nice to stay again in future
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2014
Khawaja Ziauddin
"Close to everything!"
I enjoyed this place immensely. I had a great time there, and the staff and other guests were very welcoming. The Hostel was near everything I wanted to get to, such as the CSO, the Park, the Sears tower, and the train. I love it! Will stay again next chance I get! The room was clean, they replaced sheets and towels, and they gave a healthy breakfast each morning!
5 night business trip Mar 20, 2014
Smiffy
"I would stay here again in a heartbeat"
The staff were friendly (except for one old guy, whom I though was a bit rude), there was nearly always someone around cleaning (a great thing!), the common areas are huge and comfortable. For $30/night, as long as you don't mind dorm-style, you really can't ask for more. The location is also fantastic.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
"great"
great experience, it was cheap and the condition was wonderful
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
"HI - Chicago"
Very nice hostel located in the downtown loop of Chicago. There are many universities in the near vicinity (Roosevelt, DePaul, etc.) The only complaint I really have is that the room I was staying in reeked of cigarette smoke when I arrived, but it improved over my stay. Also, the hostel is located right next to one of the elevated train lines. You get used to it though. The free breakfast was what one would expect in terms of quality. There are a lot of food places in the area including a Panera, Panda Express, Epic Burger, Chipotle, etc. A CVS is on the next corner. The hostel is also in a really nice location in terms of things to do in the city including the Magnificent Mile, Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago Symphony, Auditorium Theatre (literally a minute away). Most other attractions are a quick train ride away. The hostel also offers some discounts to local attractions like the Museum of Contemporary Art. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone who is on a budget and looking for a place to stay for a short while.
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
Everything was great except that you couldn't take the stairs to the upper floors
Other trip Mar 7, 2014
"I couldn,t it was hotel, in a safe part of Chicago"
I was at a hotel which part of the hotel was dorm style. There were four bunk beds to a room. The hotel was clean. We had one washroom for four people. I felt uncomfortable sharing room with four people. I was not sure that the hotel had single rooms still available at the time I was trying to check in. I was supposed to catch a bus Thursday night. My trip was cancelled. I did not want to stay at bus station. I wanted a hotel room close to the bus station, and a lot of the hotel rooms were already booked.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
A'Mo
"That room next to the metro..."
Overall, it was a good stay and I would do it again, especially if I'm just passing by Chicago. But I'll make sure not that they don't assign me to room 311 (I think). It was thr noisest!! The CTA is right next to the window and I could barely sleep. It was just that room though.
1 night trip Jan 1, 2014
Luis
"Surely recommended"
I had a short stay. Surely recommended for people coming for a short stay (1 night). The bed was clean but a bit too soft for me. It was too late and I didn't want to bother anyone about it. Else, the restrooms, carpets and doorways were all clean.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
Anees
It was clean, the staff was super friendly and helpful and it's located near public transportation. I was a bit anxious at staying in a hostel but the showers were clean and the bedding was still fluffy and white. The lockers were in good condition and the breakfast was pretty good (muffins, coffee etc). I'd recommend it. Note the cafe next to it opens at 10am on the weekend. Also they have a computer lounge you can print a boarding pass on for around $2-$3.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
"Near to CTA LaSalle stop"
It was good.