All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, IL, 60605, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very Comforting place"
I'm from Chicago and I needed a place to stay for the weekend. This place is amazing, the atmosphere is very relaxing. The amenity floor is awesome, with a huge tv, pool tables, and free WiFi. The rooms are well kept and very relaxing to sleep in, even with a few people you don't know.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Alex
Apart from great location, this hostel doesn't fulfill basic needs of privacy. Staff aren't friendly at all. Neutral may be. It was cold in the room and u have no control over it. Lockers are horribly small and doesn't allow you to hang clothes.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Wall
Everything was ok.
8 night business trip Nov 28, 2014
Dominika
"ok"
ok place, but the room was to hot.
1 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
Jezabel L R
"Perfect location"
I wasn't sure about sharing the room with strangers but it has place to store your things (bring a lock). Of the 8 beds only 3 were occupied when I stayed for one night. Breakfast, wifi, linens and towel included. Very friendly.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Excellent place"
I spent three nights there, the price was fair! The location is the best part you can walk in the loop easily. The bed is comfortable, pillows and the space to save your stuff it is perfect. You can make friends. Normal breakfast, I like it. Nothing wrong to say. I enjoyed my stay there.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Maria del Carme
"Great in all aspects, except theres no heater duri"
Great in all aspects, there's breakfast every morning, special events everyday, strategic location, big and clean rooms..
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Jacob
"Nice hostel in downtown Chicago but need a lock!"
Overall was fine. But you need to remember to check out if you have to because the hostel staff will move your luggage without telling you when you are out and have you back to the counter and pick up your stuff yourself. That happened to me and I lost my things because the hostel people didn't pack it right. Overall was good. Location convenient. Two blocks away from the Bean park. Have free breakfast. People are quiet. Room quiet but since the train is near so you will hear train passing by every day and night. Beds were comfortable. Bed looked cozy too.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Holly
good experience overall! I would recommend you stay in this hostel if you want a cheap and nice place located in downtown Chicago.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"I would definitely come back here"
This hostel met way beyond my expectation. Honestly this hostel feels like a dorm room, but perfectly clean, safe and comfortable. Perfect location, close to the subway that gets you straight to the O'Hare airport, only a block away from CVS, Panera and all the other restaurants. Walkable distance to all the great sight-seeing places. The staff is extremely nice. Even the bed is extremely comfortable. You get so much out of it for what you pay for. I would definitely come back to stay here.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
"cheap and close to downtown"
HI chicago is good hostel for students who only need room for sleeping. I liked everything in there except noise from outside.(trains sth like that)
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Great experience"
Great place! Traveled alone as a 23-year-old girl and felt safe the whole time. Great location for walking/taking the train to downtown stuff. Nice free breakfast and very adequate facilities. Exactly as expected. A little hard to sleep due to people coming in and out and hearing the train a little, but I expected that. Plus, awesome free walking tour!!
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"Best Priced room in downtown Chicago"
Recognizing that this is a Hostel and you are renting a dorm room situation, I found my stay exceeding my expectations. Location is convenient to CTA access. Quality staff in a well secured building. Clean and comfortable with large areas to get out of the weather and relax, watch TV or play games (i.e. pool). The price could not be beat.
Kenton
"Great hostel in the windy city"
This hostel was fantastic! The beds were comfortable, the rooms were just the right size for the amount of people it accommodated, and the hotel staff were very polite. I will definitely stay here again and I recommend it to others.
3 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
Shawna
"A+ Hostel"
Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed in! Perks included: free breakfast, free coffee/tea (all day), connected bath/shower, towels and hairdryers, and lots of common space. The beds were comfy, the rooms were quiet, and the location is perfect--close to the lake, the L, and some decent restaurants/bars. I was just there for the night, but I would have appreciated using the kitchen if I were staying longer.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2014
Brette
The best hostel I have stayed in. Safe, clean and comfortable.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Excellent place to stay in Chicago!"
Wonderful service! The front Desk's people was so nice!
3 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
Licy
"Ok hotel if showers are working!"
Most of the showers on the 6th floor did not work! One had to stand in line in the hallway to use the shower that did work.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
dora
"GOOD"
Super Clean as a Hostel. If you are looking for a bed to sleep and a bathroom to take shower, HI-Chicago can give you all. Also, the neighbourhood is very good and convenient.
2 night trip Sep 29, 2014
Jie
"Recommeded"
My friends and I were afraid to go there becouse it was own first time in a Hostel. Howerer, this Hostel is really better than many others! It have a amazing location and easy acess to tourists!
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Marcos
"Solid hostel!"
Everything was just as one could expect; clean room, comfortable beds, etc. The only complaint was minor: Electrical outlets were not placed for convenience for top-bunkers, but purchasing a power strip managed to fix that. The location was highly convenient to public transportation.
2 night trip Sep 24, 2014
Bathrooms need attention. They shouldn't be dirty before anyone checks into the room.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"This is a HOSTEL. not a hotel."
if you're going to book this room, beware. This is a hostel not a hotel. The cleanliness of the place wasn't bad overall, but the shared bathrooms and shower were a definite down side. 109/ Night was highway robbery
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Drew
"great value, great place!"
HI Chicago was quite wonderful I'll say. I have never stayed at a youth hostel before and the experience couldn't have been better. It was clean and well organized, plenty of hang-out areas to socialize, nice continental breakfast, great location, safe inside and outside, super friendly staff... I can't say enough positive things about the place quite honestly. Is HI Chicago a Hilton? No. You have to share a room and a bathroom. But if you're open to that experience, it's a treat. How often do you get to socialize and play pool at the Hilton with like-minded, budget-conscious travelers? Never!
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"just the right combo"
Clean well-maintained dorm. Close to train station and everything else.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2014
deb
"I enjoyed the stay."
All facilities(water, library, rest rooms, lift, bed room, bed, locker, reception, dining, sitting) are good. It is also secure.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
AjayKumar
"First off, it's a hostel"
Everything was excellent except for the comfort level of the hostel. And I don't mean that the bed is uncomfortable. The bed was probably the most comfortable thing I've ever slept on. I was placed in a basic room with 8 bunk beds and I was on a top bunk. Now, I'm one of those obnoxious people who stays out really late. When I got in I was fully aware it might disturb the other gals' sleep and that was discomforting to me. Otherwise the experience, including facilities, were surprisingly satisfactory and a bit delightful. It's fun to wake up and talk to other people about their experiences.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
[J.D. Roa]
"THE best base to explore Chicago by far!"
I stayed at the hostel with my teenage daughter for one night en route to a conference an hour away: we would be in Chicago for less than 24 hours and we wanted to see the most important sights. There could not have been a more ideal location than HIC. The Willis (or Sears as most people such as myself still call it) Tower was a five-minute walk away, we walked along the stunning Chicago river, found the Chicago theater and its famous sign and the next morning walked to the "Taste of Chicago" festival in Grant Park and took pictures in front of Buckingham Fountain before heading to the train station for our final destination. From our room window we watched the trains bending around the "L". So in around 20 hours we left Chicago content that we had made the best possible use of our time (too bad we didn't visit Millennium Park due to the sudden rain... Navy Pier was the only place we would have preferred not to spend time at if we had known, if it weren't for the excellent fireworks show)
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Mina
"Loved it!"
When you think of a hostel the image you get usually isn't the best. However, staying at Hostelling International Chicago was one of the best ho(s)tel experiences I've had. The rooms were very spacious for having 8 people stay in there. The beds were comfortable, although it seemed like the bed sheets hadn't been changed since the last person who stayed in the bed, but I could be wrong. They were just excessively wrinkly. I wasn't in the room very often and I don't think my roommates were either. It's a good place if you just plan on being in there when you need to change/shower/sleep. The breakfast was nice too. There wasn't a whole lot but enough to sustain you and it's free so you can't really complain. I would definitely stay in there again. It's really cheap too! I met some really cool people while there so it made the experience even better. I would suggest bringing a lock if you stay. My roommates were all really cool and I don't think they would've stolen from me, but I kept my personal items locked up in my locker (the lockers are in the room) anyway. I had to buy a lock from a vending machine and it was $7. So, bring your own if you can. The location is also really convenient. It's right in the loop so it's really close to all the "touristy" places. Overall, great! Will definitely be staying there again next time I'm in Chicago.
2 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
Hope
"First Time Hosteler"
This was my first time to utilize the hostel model and of course this particular property. I was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere, cleanliness and amenities I received for the price I paid. Great value. If traveling to Chicago by myself again in the future, I will definitely stay at this property.
2 night trip Jul 29, 2014
Mark C
"Good for festivals!"
The hotel staff was very professional and very nice and polite. They explained everything and made us feel welcomed. Even though we had bunk beds they were surprisingly comfortable. It was not noisy at all at night. Only problem is that we couldn't get wifi even though it said it was free. Other then that the stay was very good.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Nice hostel!"
This review is based on a 1-night stay in which I did not go to the breakfast. For a hostel, this was an excellent experience. It was clean, the sheets and towels were provided, the shower even had combo soap and shampoo. The staff were friendly and accommodating. I stayed in a suite of private rooms and it was quiet. It was awesome, highly recommended. Located in downtown Chicago. With the hostel and uber for transportation I had a great trip.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
I was suppose to have a private room but got put on s room with 8 women
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"A hostel through and through"
Stayed in the private double room. Set up very much like a college dorm. A bunk bed inside a tiny room inside a small corridor with 3 other rooms. Shared bathroom, shared shower, shared kitchen. Honestly only slept in the room and was very pleased with that. Room service never came and switched the sheets or our bathroom towels. For the location the price was very good great spot for people who just want to enjoy Chicago.
3 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2014
Ross
"Congenial and Clean"
I had a positive experience. The facility was similar to a college dorm with a large dining area and activities desk. The staff was wonderful. The staff helped travelers get to activities. I would stay there again and recommend it to friends visiting the Chicago area.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Centrally located hostel with private rooms"
Hostel International Chicago is a hostel right in the centre of downtown Chicago. The location is excellent - very convenient for walking to anywhere in the heart of chicago and near to other transport links. The staff are generally helpful, with a tourist helpdesk on the second floor. The private room that I had was very small but functional, with a good desk allowing work on a laptop. Breakfact (included) was OK. The least good thing about this is the price, which I found pretty high for the facilities, but I suppose that is a consequence of its central location.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Close to downtown"
They say they have free wifi, good luck trying to get on it. This was the first and last time I ever stay at a hostel hotel. Pay $132 for a lumpy bed, no tv, and wifi that you can't get on. I wouldn't recommend this for any couples.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
bob
"close to the railway"
got a private room on 7th floor, the first room beds were not set, the second room was better but still too noisy, could hear trains running outside every several minutes. Private room door was opened early in the morning for no reason, we simply just checked out one day earlier for safety consideration.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
nessa
Excellent
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2014
"Weekend stay at the Hostelling"
Although the room I had was a private one it was still setup like a dorm room with bunk beds and lockers. The people at the front desk were very nice and even upgraded me to a bigger room at no additional cost. The continental breakfast should be called a cereal and bread bar as that’s all that they had, I would recommend going out for breakfast. The location was great and overall for a less expensive alternative it was nice. If you are into the nice comfy beds or a romantic getaway I would not recommend it but if you are traveling with kids or a larger family it is good. I will stay there again the next time I visit Chicago.
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2014
"Hostelling International Chicago: love it!"
This was my first expirience in a hostel and I would recommended! It was very nice, clean, the people I met were very interesting, the food was good the facilities were nice. I would definitly go back! The hostel was close to the Millenium Park and other interesting places. It was close to a train station and buses.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Lilia
"private room OK - shared restroom HORRIBLE"
The private room is decent; but the shared restroom is terribly filthy. And the nightly rate is about $120 !! I think it is OK for one night but not for a week or so.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
SedA
"Great Location!"
My sister and I really enjoyed our stay here. The front desk staff were helpful and the location was perfect. I would stay at this hostel again in the future.
2 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2014
Kieana
Delivers what it promises, simple, basic service. Within that, excellent in every respect, helpful, pleasant service, nice room, not far from CTA (subway). If I return to the area, I will want to stay here again.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Exceeded Expectations"
My wife and I had never stayed at hostel before. I was hesitant to stay there at first so we got a private room (much more expensive, but still very reasonable for being in the heart of Chicago) instead of the standard dorm style room. We did have a shared bathroom, living room and small kitchen but with only 3 other private rooms. The rooms was very clean and simple, exactly our style. It turned out great! The hostel staff was very nice, the other guests were all friendly. Next time we will definitely be staying in a dorm style. My only complaint was that the bed was pretty uncomfortable, my back doesn't tolerate very stiff beds particularly well. The free breakfast in the morning was very tasty and ran longer than most hotels I've ever stayed at. The location is great - it's only a 10-15min walk from OTC and Union, and 5min from Millennium park.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2014
Logan S.
Best quality hostel I've ever stayed in. A little pricy, but worth it.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Jack
"Located in Downtown Chicago"
The hostel is located right in the middle of all the downtown action. Parks, museums, shopping, main city attractions are all within walking distance.
6 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Jaime
This hostel concept is not a good value for the money in downtown Chicago. There are hotels with competitive pricing which have a private bath. However, this was a stay for event convenience and worked out well. Your car can be parked in the Millennium underground garage at Michigan Ave. and left there knowing it will be safe. Most of the clients of this hostel are students with a smattering of others. Be sure to read the Hotels.com description of a facility like this before you jump as it is not always clear. It was sticker shock when I registered at the front desk. Free breakfast and wi-fi were good amenities.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2014
The people who work were nice. The room was not ready and clean when assigned to me. Good place to stay with a reasonable price.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Nice for a Hostel"
Nice, reasonably clean comfortable and safe particularly for being right downtown. GREAT location downtown with access to subway, etc. A little noisy given location.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014