All hotels in Jamestown, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here10301 Willow St, Jamestown, CA, 95327, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"nice place for a night on the way to Yosemity"
The room was Ok. There was almost no WiFi signal. The shower were old but ok. The guys on the upper floors steps were very enoying and disturbing. It was a decent motel for night stay only.
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
Ami
"Dont complain when you book the cheapest around"
The Motel was as expected. You dont go for the cheapest place in town expecting it to be nice. The people at the front desk who are running the place was very nice and courteous. The rooms were decent if you didn't look around to much. Smelled clean, but had the cigarette burn stains on the bathtub, Dirty behind night stand (which you had to move to plug in phone charger)and had skin flakes and other things you would be disgusted to see if it wasn't your own. Curtains old and worn and had old burn marks /holes from when the hotel was more rundown from back in the day and was obvious at one time they allowed smoking. Towels are the exfoliating kind. Rough and cheap. Bedding was OK. Soap and shampoo were cheap! It was safe and adequate place to stay. I have stayed at nicer motel's and a lot worse.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Short stay..."
A short overnight stay while travelling the gold country. Funky older motel, clean! and a great sleep. Great location for walking Jamestown. Nice folks running the place.
1 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
Roslyn
"Really enjoyed it, will come back."
I was in the area for the Celtic Festival at Sonora, and also wanted to be walking distance from the great shops in Jamestown. This hotel suited perfectly. Hotel is small enough to be personal. Also small enough that parking right outside your room was possible and carrying lugguge to the room was super easy. Room was large and roomy, very comfortable. The fridge ran too cold and couldn't be adjusted, was my only complaint.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
"Didn't stay. Large unexpected storm moved it."
Staff was rude & uncaring when asked for a refund due to the large unexpected storm that moved in.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"We were comfortable."
We stayed at the Railtown Motel and had a good stay. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The people were helpful. Just a note that they do not serve breakfast in the off season.
6 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
"Nice little motel"
The young couple at the front desk were very nice and helpful. The room was spacious. The mattresses were too hard. The location is great; Everything in "downtown" Jamestown--such as it is--is within walking distance. The WiFi signal was too weak--we could not connect at all. We did get a lot of noise from kids in the room above us.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
P David
it was what I paid for. It was just ok. The bed was uncomfortable. The room was ok, the water wasn't really hot either. But, like I said, it was a cheap room. It served its purpose as a place to sleep and clean up.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Jamestown"
Hotel location & fair price.. Nice/clean hotel and room.Bath towels too small & door did not open or close easley.. It is next to Willow Resturant & Saloon with great food & friendly bartender...
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"Nice location"
Perfect location to enjoy Jamestowns shops and restraunts. 1/4 block to main street.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"It will do"
Ok place. No real towels & internet sucks. Ok for price.
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
Randy
"Great Little Gem"
The gentleman at the front desk made our stay very welcoming. Our Room was spacious, clean and very affordable. The pool was clean and there is a little grass yard behind the pool area that our toddler enjoyed. Very close and walking distance to everything in town. Everything about our stay was enjoyable we spent three nights at the Railroad Motel and would recommend to our friends and family
2 night family trip Oct 8, 2014
"Very friendly staff"
I chose this hotel because it was close to the Railroad museum, plus being named railroad motel I thought why not go with the whole railroad theme. I am glad I picked this hotel, the manager there was nice to us just like if we were old friends. Gave us a great tip to visit the Apple Ranch he thought our toddler would like it. The first night we realized we forgot our USB plug for our charger, I asked the manager if he knew of a store that had one and he said "oh I have an extra one in my office that you can use" totally saved the day! The room itself was very clean, large enough for the family, great location we just parked our car there and walked the town. I don't know why it's called a motel it's too nice to be called motel and I've stayed at hotels that were not this nice, friendly and clean. Although we did not get a chance to use the pool it looked very well maintained, and there is a little grass area that our son liked to explore. I recommend eating at the Willow just a few steps from the motel, they do take out and you can bring back to your room. From our family to the Railroad motel, Thanks for making our vacation pleasant.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Andre V.
"--------?"
We had a great Time.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"good except hairs everywhere in the room"
the room looked really well but I found lots of hairs (probably belongs to a woman :) ) on the bed, in the bathroom floor and in the bath tube.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Fatih
"Very good price"
The hotel was the cheapest of our trip. It was nice, a good bed and very clean. The staff was friendly. A very good restaurant was directly on the corner.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Christina
"OK for what was available"
The hotel provided a place to sleep and shower. Our room did not have a coffee pot and the toilet had a hard time refilling. A decent place to stay, but would stay elsewhere next time.
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
"Overall good for what I needed"
The attendant at the front desk was nice. The room was inexpensive. The pool was clean, but I did not have a chance to use it. Pet friendly hotel with a nice grass area in back which is nice. Bed was comfortable. I was a little disappointed I did not have a coffee pot in the room. I did have a micro/fridge, and good wifi service though, so this is good when traveling for business (the cleaning staff did forget to get rid of a leftover box in the fridge before I checked in, but not a huge big deal) Bathtub is old and worn but overall the hotel is a good location right of the little downtown shopping area and the room was clean even though it was older.
4 night business trip Aug 11, 2014
"Cute town"
Though the hotel is old, the room was sufficient, staf was friendly and the pool time was fun. I would stay here again!
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Tonya
"Beautiful western town. Comfortable hotel."
The hotel is near main street. Nice restaurants and shops. Big facilities, no parking problems. No breakfast
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Great place"
Great little hotel in downtown Jamestown, Ca. The manager is a great guy. The rooms where clean, nice pool. Close to everything. Will stay again.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
Lee Keener
"Very friendly staff but could have been cleaner!"
We were met by one of the friendliest staff we've encountered on our trip who couldn't have done more for us on our stay. Unfortunately the room could have been a lot cleaner. A great base for a visit to Yosemite though.
Green86
"worst bed I Ever tried to sleep on"
I left a bag in the room by accident and when I came back for it the staff said that they had thrown it away. The bag had my expensive pair of bi-focals glasses in it. I had called the day before and they said they had them.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
seasoned travle
"Great owner and super friendly place"
The Owner was very helpful and we hit it off great. The hote is in super friendly Jamestown. Only comment is for Hotels.com to indicate that a rollaway bed costs more. In this case the owner had one.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Ofer
"great location"
The staff could not have been more helpful. The location is in a great very small town. The bed was too hard.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Nice Motel"
It was very good for the price. We enjoyed Jacuzzi and hotel staff was friendly too.
Response by Jamestown Railtown Motel
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed you stay with us.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Max
What so ever, I won't recommend this hotel to anyone.
Response by Jamestown Railtown Motel
Thank you for your comments. Sorry to see you had a less than pleasant experience with us.
Acceptable but not great
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
"Covered the Basics"
When staying at a motel, I have 2 basic needs: a place to sleep and a hot shower. Railtown covered off on both those (but warning, showerhead is low for any tall people). I reserved 3 nights in a King size room (put me in deluxe room with broken jacuzzi tub). Mini fridge & microwave were very handy. Free HBO was nice, too. The room was "clean" meaning it seemed everything had been laundered but there were definitely stains in the sheets and on the furniture. The shower curtain bottom was lined with some mildew. All things I didn't mind for the price but wanted to call it out for any travelers who might. I had a lower level corner room in the back section. Wifi was borderline unusable in that area but it was quiet. Overall, Jamestown was a pleasant little town (vacant on a week day) and the motel was nestled right at the end of Main St so it was an easy stroll to all the antique shops and dining. I'd stay there again if the price were right. However, I wouldn't recommend Jamestown as a hub for visiting Yosemite. Very curvy road that's pretty tiring. (Almost 2 hrs to Yosemite Valley.) Great stopover town on the way there or back, though.
3 night trip Jun 10, 2014
Mindy M.
"close to all must-see sights"
The room and indoor spa could have been cleaner.The water needed to be turned on in the spa from Mgmt daily or nightly. the bed and pillows were hard. The location was great for what we wanted to do. pool was clean.
2 night family trip Jun 6, 2014
I wouldn't recommend this hotel. The room was advertised as having a jacuzzi tub in the room, but upon arrival was told we would need to pay an additional $125 to use it. Why advertise something and then set an additional cost that is so high as to discourage it? Not sure it even worked by the condition of it. The room was not well maintained and the bed was dreadfully uncomfortable.
2 night romance trip Jun 6, 2014
"Ooooo...uh-uh!!!!"
Dirty pool,no internet whatsoever,broken microwave. I asked them to reset their router, was told "No, you just have to keep trying". Never did get online.
Response by Jamestown Railtown Motel
We do apologize that your stay was not up to the standards that we strive for. We had some issues with the cable company and have since had them fixed. We apologize that the microwave wasn't working. Please bring it to the attention of the front desk associate so we can fix the problem immediately. We value you as a guest and hope you give us the opportunity to make up for your last stay next time you are in town.
Other trip May 30, 2014
"1 night stay for yosemite"
pros: Comfortable beds and pillows, no problem with late check in, very friendly hotel manager, no noise in neighborhood. Cons: Nothing to eat in neighborhood in late night, its a remote small town, no near by gas station. Overall: 4/5 and recommended for 1 night stay.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
Anurag
This was a last minute (night before) booking due to snow closing Tioga Pass, so we ended up in Jamestown a day earlier than expected. Bed was comfortable, and room was clean, but some of the fittings had seen better days. Slight bonus of being offered coffee in the morning which was not expected. Not bad for a cheap, last minute booking.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"RIght down town Jamestown; close to many places"
Staff was excellant and helpful; a half block from Main street. and a few miles from two casinos and Sonora. Room was equiped with microwave/and small refrig.; everything appeared to be neat and clean. Again staff was very helpful and responsive to requests, directions, eating suggestions etc.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Karl
"Friendly staff at Railroad Motel"
The Railroad Motel is close to shops and within walking distance of the Railroad 1897 Park. Our room was clean with the exception of a dirty shower curtain. The mattress was comfortable, but whenever my husband or I turned over in bed, the other one of us was bounced. The motel staff was friendly; however, we were given a room on the first floor despite requesting a second floor room. Then we were woken by guests who were given the room we requested when they used the staircase outside our room. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave, but we had to go to the motel lobby for our morning coffee. Despite these issues, we would probably stay at the Railroad Motel again. The price was right.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Close to Railtown 1897"
We needed a place to stay near Railtown 1897 so we could get there early for a special event. The staff of the hotel was great; very friendly and welcoming. Our only complaints were the walls are so thin you can hear your neighbors and the heater was loud. It is a fine place for a quick overnight though. Our room was pretty spacious and was enough room for 4.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Comfy stay in Jamestown Railtown Motel"
It was fine for me! Good value for price Great location almost right in the charming downtown. It was very clean except a soiled towel behind the one chair and a gum wrapper on the floor which kind of indicated maybe they missed cleaning the floor but the room was comfy, decent bed for sure. The heater and something that came on intermittently outside the room were both a little noisy during the night. I only stayed one night, missed using the in room hot tub as I was too busy while in town but it looked nice and very clean! I would definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Dec 1, 2013
Elena
"right in the heart of Jamestown"
We were pleasantly surprised! Booked the room with a king size bed and got a GIANT Jacuzzi tub as a bonus! Had a great time...
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
Debbie Palmer
"For the price"
For the price and location it was great for what I needed. Has a very large spa tub which was nice, but no coffee maker, hair dryer, or iron which were things I had expected. On the plus side it did have a fridge and mircowave. Walking distance from downtown Jamestown. I will stay here again
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Veni
Very old but nice service.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2013
Correen
"Not bad for the price"
We had reserved a room with a king bed and wheelchair accessibility. I even called in advance to confirm the special requirement. It turns out that they only have an accessible room with a queen bed, but they didn't tell us about it over the phone. We only realized this long after we were had checked in, and were ready to get in bed. The three of us (a couple with a toddler) couldn't have fit comfortably on that bed. So we went to the office and complained, when we were told they didn't have such a room. But the manager immediately got us a decent roll-in bed, which we were satisfied with. Overall, our stay was pleasant.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
"Terrible attitude of reception staff"
Overflowing bins of rubbish, room not made up and a guy on reception who was obviously asleep and was the rudest grumpiest and unpleasant hotel reception person I have ever encountered . He should get a different job if he does not wish to do his job. If it was not so late I would have tried to find another hotel.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Clean, close to downtown, reasonable price"
The hotel was easy to find and has convenient parking. There is a pool, which we did not try even though there were people with kids obviously enjoying it. The hotel is older but everything worked. The room was spacious with a fridge and a microwave, but the table was fairly small, barely adequate for breakfast for 2. The TV was an old CRT type hooked to Direct TV. The bed (queen size) was comfortable, with extra pillow and blanket. Internet was not available in the room (too low a signal). You had to take your device (laptop or tablet) to the bench outside the office for a signal, not the most convenient setup. However, I had decent 3G signal strength on my Verizon phone at the hotel (4G apparently not available in the area)
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
Didier
"old motel"
The rooms were clean enough. The motel in general is old and rundown
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"Ok hotel"
We stayed at Railtown for two nights while panning for gold and visiting Columbia, etc. It was inexpensive and "just ok". It was clean, but the room was very minimalist.... Might have looked around for another hotel or preferred to stay in Sonora which appeared to have better hotels for the same price.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
Heidi
"great!"
Great stay but too far away from the Yosemite Park
3 night trip Jul 16, 2013
Swiss Guy
"Spider found on bed and smell in water"
Strange smell in water and even after I boiled. My son was scared by a spider found on his bed. Staff attitude was not nice.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
Lik
"located just off main street"
no breakfast or coffee but has ice machine. clean and pet friendly, excellent location in heart of old Jamestown, would stay there again.
5 night trip Jul 9, 2013
"Cleanliness"
When we arrived, the room's air conditioning wall unit was not on and the outside temperature was 100. We turned on the small unit and left for approximately 3 hours, we could not stay in room, it was so uncomfortable. I inquired about the lack of air and was told it would cool down. The bathroom floor was dirty, hair along the wall, not ours. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013