All hotels in Jamestown, California, United States of America

Ordinary pool
    Bad internet service
    Bad breakfast
"Cozy 3 Night Stay"
We stayed 3 nights in October Halloween weekend. The room was spacious everything was clean and in working condition. It's location is easy to find. Staff was helpful and friendly. We enjoyed our stay and I would definitely stay again.
3 night family trip Oct 29, 2015
Vanessa
"a little dirty"
easy location if you're checking out Yosemite, but the room was dirty and the carpet was crunchy.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
Damien
"OK place to stay"
Stayed there for 4 days and the room was huge with a 2 person Jacuzzi in room but that cost extra and the jets had black mold in them so didn't use it. The room had a king bed that was OK for comfort but not great. No coffee maker in room but did have a frig and microwave. The managers were very friendly and always asked us if we needed anything. Motel was right in the middle of town so you could walk around and dining was real close
4 night family trip Dec 24, 2015
Donald
"Very nice motel"
Very happy with stay in this motel. Well looked after and good location.
1 night family trip Oct 9, 2015
Anele
"Adequate but convenient."
Convenient to downtown Jamestown and Rail Town, within walking distance. Clean but the jacuzzi was useless and dry because of the drought and just took up an enormous amount of space. A borrowed iron was available but no ironing board.
2 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2015
Lawrence
"Nice stay."
Clean room,very quiet.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Samuel
"Quirky little get away"
This is a quirky little hotel. We just needed something reasonably priced and convenient. It was clean, comfortable and the management staff were awesome. Super friendly and helpful. Meets the needs for the price.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2015
"A great place to stop in in an old town"
Jamestown is a very small town on the way from Yosemite NP to San Francisco. As such, the range of motels/hotels is very limited. Nevertheless, this ,motel offers great value for your money. The staff is a family of very nice people who do their job extraordinarily well. You'll surely enjoy your stay here.
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
Dennis
Good little one night get away. Fair price clean huge Jacuzzi tub
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Kurtis
"Very nice"
This was an excellent stay with a very friendly and helpful staff! The town itself is also quite cute. Great place to stay if you're looking for affordable accommodation near Yosemite (about an hour's drive to the park's heart).
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Misha
We were disappointed with the condition of the room. We were only there to sleep but would have liked a cleaner experience.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Good gold country location"
For $100 I expected a much better room and experience. It was clean but way overpriced for what we got, an outdated extremely basic room that needed renovation.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
Rachel
"Thin walls and weird hot tub policy"
This hotel has the thinnest walls I've ever encountered in a hotel, you can literally hear someone sneeze two rooms over. The other oddness is the surcharge for using the hot tub in your room, I kid you not, if you want to use the hot tub you have to go to the reception and ask them to active it and accept the surcharge for it. Otherwise the room was clean, the bed comfortable and the location just behind the main street in Jamestown makes it perfect location.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Antoni
"Conveniently located right off the main street"
Pleasant managers. Older motel as expected but clean enough. Coffee available in office in the morning. Nothing else. There is a small general store a couple of blocks away on the main street. Air conditioner worked great which is important in the Summer.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
"Never again"
Gor a room with To go box full of food in fridge..2 towels for 2 people for 2 days really...burns in carpet and on jacuzzi tub that was from the 60s and had a paper saying out of order to only find out that it works it just cost 50 dollars extra small ice machine outside in front of motel barely makes ice because it's in the sun all day..oh yea they also charged close to 6 bucks because I used my credit card
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
unhappy
"Shamefully dirty"
Room was filthy, especially around the edges of the room and the hot tub is difficult to operate
1 night trip May 26, 2015
"great stay"
this was a very nice room..very large. we enjoyed our stay. the pool was very clean. the front desk was very helpful and nice. I would go back in a heart beat.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
willa
"Affordable and spacious."
Nice room; but cleaning staff needs to pay attention to details behind and around furniture. Not the cleanest.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
family of four
"nice place for a night on the way to Yosemity"
The room was Ok. There was almost no WiFi signal. The shower were old but ok. The guys on the upper floors steps were very enoying and disturbing. It was a decent motel for night stay only.
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
Ami
"Dont complain when you book the cheapest around"
The Motel was as expected. You dont go for the cheapest place in town expecting it to be nice. The people at the front desk who are running the place was very nice and courteous. The rooms were decent if you didn't look around to much. Smelled clean, but had the cigarette burn stains on the bathtub, Dirty behind night stand (which you had to move to plug in phone charger)and had skin flakes and other things you would be disgusted to see if it wasn't your own. Curtains old and worn and had old burn marks /holes from when the hotel was more rundown from back in the day and was obvious at one time they allowed smoking. Towels are the exfoliating kind. Rough and cheap. Bedding was OK. Soap and shampoo were cheap! It was safe and adequate place to stay. I have stayed at nicer motel's and a lot worse.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Short stay..."
A short overnight stay while travelling the gold country. Funky older motel, clean! and a great sleep. Great location for walking Jamestown. Nice folks running the place.
1 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
Roslyn
"nice quiet motel in nice quiet area"
staff was great and the place was very clean not of a lot of frills but they tell you that up front. people in the office were awesome.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
pat
"Too much noise"
Upper room guest partied until 4 am then ignored motel staff. Police kicked them out. We got no refund or any other considerations for the lack of sleep. Many other guests complained also.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"DO NOT STAY HERE"
I arrived and was charged again for a room that was prepaid for through Hotels.com. After I made a phone call to Hotels.com I was refunded. When I was getting into bed there was blood on the comforter, blanket and sheets. I was given another room where the bathroom was dirty and there was trash behind the nightstands. The jacuzzi tub was broken and one of the lamps did not work. I would strongly advise not staying at this hotel.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
samantha
"Really enjoyed it, will come back."
I was in the area for the Celtic Festival at Sonora, and also wanted to be walking distance from the great shops in Jamestown. This hotel suited perfectly. Hotel is small enough to be personal. Also small enough that parking right outside your room was possible and carrying lugguge to the room was super easy. Room was large and roomy, very comfortable. The fridge ran too cold and couldn't be adjusted, was my only complaint.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
"Didn't stay. Large unexpected storm moved it."
Staff was rude & uncaring when asked for a refund due to the large unexpected storm that moved in.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"We were comfortable."
We stayed at the Railtown Motel and had a good stay. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The people were helpful. Just a note that they do not serve breakfast in the off season.
6 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
"Nice little motel"
The young couple at the front desk were very nice and helpful. The room was spacious. The mattresses were too hard. The location is great; Everything in "downtown" Jamestown--such as it is--is within walking distance. The WiFi signal was too weak--we could not connect at all. We did get a lot of noise from kids in the room above us.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
P David
it was what I paid for. It was just ok. The bed was uncomfortable. The room was ok, the water wasn't really hot either. But, like I said, it was a cheap room. It served its purpose as a place to sleep and clean up.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Jamestown"
Hotel location & fair price.. Nice/clean hotel and room.Bath towels too small & door did not open or close easley.. It is next to Willow Resturant & Saloon with great food & friendly bartender...
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"Nice location"
Perfect location to enjoy Jamestowns shops and restraunts. 1/4 block to main street.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"It will do"
Ok place. No real towels & internet sucks. Ok for price.
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
Randy
"Great Little Gem"
The gentleman at the front desk made our stay very welcoming. Our Room was spacious, clean and very affordable. The pool was clean and there is a little grass yard behind the pool area that our toddler enjoyed. Very close and walking distance to everything in town. Everything about our stay was enjoyable we spent three nights at the Railroad Motel and would recommend to our friends and family
2 night family trip Oct 8, 2014
"Very friendly staff"
I chose this hotel because it was close to the Railroad museum, plus being named railroad motel I thought why not go with the whole railroad theme. I am glad I picked this hotel, the manager there was nice to us just like if we were old friends. Gave us a great tip to visit the Apple Ranch he thought our toddler would like it. The first night we realized we forgot our USB plug for our charger, I asked the manager if he knew of a store that had one and he said "oh I have an extra one in my office that you can use" totally saved the day! The room itself was very clean, large enough for the family, great location we just parked our car there and walked the town. I don't know why it's called a motel it's too nice to be called motel and I've stayed at hotels that were not this nice, friendly and clean. Although we did not get a chance to use the pool it looked very well maintained, and there is a little grass area that our son liked to explore. I recommend eating at the Willow just a few steps from the motel, they do take out and you can bring back to your room. From our family to the Railroad motel, Thanks for making our vacation pleasant.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Andre V.
"--------?"
We had a great Time.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"good except hairs everywhere in the room"
the room looked really well but I found lots of hairs (probably belongs to a woman :) ) on the bed, in the bathroom floor and in the bath tube.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Fatih
"Very good price"
The hotel was the cheapest of our trip. It was nice, a good bed and very clean. The staff was friendly. A very good restaurant was directly on the corner.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Christina
"OK for what was available"
The hotel provided a place to sleep and shower. Our room did not have a coffee pot and the toilet had a hard time refilling. A decent place to stay, but would stay elsewhere next time.
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
"Overall good for what I needed"
The attendant at the front desk was nice. The room was inexpensive. The pool was clean, but I did not have a chance to use it. Pet friendly hotel with a nice grass area in back which is nice. Bed was comfortable. I was a little disappointed I did not have a coffee pot in the room. I did have a micro/fridge, and good wifi service though, so this is good when traveling for business (the cleaning staff did forget to get rid of a leftover box in the fridge before I checked in, but not a huge big deal) Bathtub is old and worn but overall the hotel is a good location right of the little downtown shopping area and the room was clean even though it was older.
4 night business trip Aug 11, 2014
"Cute town"
Though the hotel is old, the room was sufficient, staf was friendly and the pool time was fun. I would stay here again!
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Tonya
"Beautiful western town. Comfortable hotel."
The hotel is near main street. Nice restaurants and shops. Big facilities, no parking problems. No breakfast
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Great place"
Great little hotel in downtown Jamestown, Ca. The manager is a great guy. The rooms where clean, nice pool. Close to everything. Will stay again.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
Lee Keener
"Very friendly staff but could have been cleaner!"
We were met by one of the friendliest staff we've encountered on our trip who couldn't have done more for us on our stay. Unfortunately the room could have been a lot cleaner. A great base for a visit to Yosemite though.
Green86
"worst bed I Ever tried to sleep on"
I left a bag in the room by accident and when I came back for it the staff said that they had thrown it away. The bag had my expensive pair of bi-focals glasses in it. I had called the day before and they said they had them.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
seasoned travle
"Great owner and super friendly place"
The Owner was very helpful and we hit it off great. The hote is in super friendly Jamestown. Only comment is for Hotels.com to indicate that a rollaway bed costs more. In this case the owner had one.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Ofer
"great location"
The staff could not have been more helpful. The location is in a great very small town. The bed was too hard.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Nice Motel"
It was very good for the price. We enjoyed Jacuzzi and hotel staff was friendly too.
Response by Jamestown Railtown Motel
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed you stay with us.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Max
What so ever, I won't recommend this hotel to anyone.
Response by Jamestown Railtown Motel
Thank you for your comments. Sorry to see you had a less than pleasant experience with us.
Acceptable but not great
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
"Covered the Basics"
When staying at a motel, I have 2 basic needs: a place to sleep and a hot shower. Railtown covered off on both those (but warning, showerhead is low for any tall people). I reserved 3 nights in a King size room (put me in deluxe room with broken jacuzzi tub). Mini fridge & microwave were very handy. Free HBO was nice, too. The room was "clean" meaning it seemed everything had been laundered but there were definitely stains in the sheets and on the furniture. The shower curtain bottom was lined with some mildew. All things I didn't mind for the price but wanted to call it out for any travelers who might. I had a lower level corner room in the back section. Wifi was borderline unusable in that area but it was quiet. Overall, Jamestown was a pleasant little town (vacant on a week day) and the motel was nestled right at the end of Main St so it was an easy stroll to all the antique shops and dining. I'd stay there again if the price were right. However, I wouldn't recommend Jamestown as a hub for visiting Yosemite. Very curvy road that's pretty tiring. (Almost 2 hrs to Yosemite Valley.) Great stopover town on the way there or back, though.
3 night trip Jun 10, 2014