All hotels in Bellevue, Ohio, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1122 E Main St, Bellevue, OH, 44811, United States of America, ‏‎855-241-5599

2.5
    2.8
    2.6
    2.3
    2.8
"Are you kidding me!!"
Hotel is not worth the money. Lobby is nice, staff were helpful but the rooms were nothing to talk about. Rooms were dirty ( they were as clean as they could get them) and need of serious upgrade. I will not stay again!!
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
it was excatly what i expected for the cost with a indoor pool close to cedar point
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"nice little motel"
it was nicer than expected I read reviews before booking but it was a nice place to stay
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
pete
"Absolutely miserable."
Room was absolutely disgusting. They could not switch us another room, despite the "vacancy" sign. The bathroom was unusable - water rained down from the ceiling when someone upstairs used theirs. They were unwilling to work with us to rectify anything. We canceled the room for the next night and they said I would be refunded - and I was not. Staff may have been under a lot of pressure but still blew us off. Cleaning lady was nice though. Oh, and there was no breakfast despite advertisements. ("It's seasonal" - I bet the season is always coming up, huh.)
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Traveler
"over charge me"
over charge me at check in they not respect the price from hotels.com
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Worst place ever!"
Very rude. Very disgusting! Do not stay at this place, ever!
2 night business trip May 24, 2014
"Worse than you get what you pay for"
I would not stay here again if it was free. Upon arrival I was charged $27.50 because my child was 14. This would not have been a problem had they served breakfast or even supplied enough towels for each of us. There was no reason for this extra charge. 3 towels maximum per room regardless of the number of guests (We had a total of 4 guests). There was no shower curtain in our room. When I went to the front desk the worker told me she could take one from another room and I could put it up. There was an old bar of soap left in the shower and some dead bugs. There were holes in the sheets and stains on the blankets. There were no cups in the room but it did have a coffee maker. The heater/air conditioner did not work. We were also awakened with 2 prank phone calls to our room at 2am.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Needs Maid Service"
The room was supposed to be non smoking and it smelled terrible. The room was dirty. The alarm clock did not work so there was no way to know the time. Thank goodness for cell phones. I would sleep in my vehicle before I would ever stay here again.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Older section and newer section of hotel."
This hotel has an older section and a newer section. We chose the older section because it was less expensive. Our thoughts were "as long as it is clean, it doesn't have to be pretty." The coffee pot was cruddy so we did not use it. The tub was dirty and the shower curtain was filthy and stained. I asked the cleaning lady to clean the tub and get a new shower curtain. She was very gracious and did so immediately. This level of cleanliness made us uncomfortable. I would expect that the newer section is better.
Other trip May 8, 2014
Mgr. wasn't informative about area's eatery when asked. Towels & face cloths were stained. Bed spread was stained when you opened it up.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
"Cheap but no value"
The employees were friendly but the rooms were in poor condition. Every time I left my key would not work. No knobs on any cabinets in the bathroom . The door to the bathroom had dirty finger prints all over it. Was glad I brought my own sheets. The room was warm was told to stop by the office to fill out a form they forgot when I did they said I was all set didn't need to. Got back to my room ( snowing heavy and 20 degrees out) they called and said I needed to come back they forgot something
2 night business trip Dec 12, 2013
The maid greeted us, was very friendly and nice. However, my suite was extremely nasty an was without the amenities that come with a suite. It was just a two bedroom room. Supposedly the manager had the room checked for cleanliness while we were checking in because they "had not rented a suite in a long time." It was amazing that after threatening to leave, they did have another suite that was very clean. When we checked out, the desk clerk had an attitude and was rude. The lobby I beautiful but the rest of the hotel leaves very much to be desired!!! We did not receive a receipt either.
1 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2013
B vargas
"Beds were scary not sure if the sheets were even c"
The sheets were inside out with stains on the other side, beds were old and hard. The towels were paper thin and like sandpaper there was old caution tape hanging everywhere. short drive to cedar point was the only plus. No taxis either and everything closes early
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"Bad"
The room was dirty, hot and the linen was not clean. I didn't feel clean in this room. We tried to cancel our rooms and was not able to without paying for the room. We stayed there 2 night and when we came in late the third night the room was fill with another customer. They offered us another room and when we went into the room the TV was setting on the floor and the this room was worse than the first. We left and got a room at another motel about 20 miles away but was still charged for staying 3 night. This is the worst experience I ever had at a motel and would not recommend this motel or expedia to anyone.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Jerry
"Close to our destination"
When we first arrived, the first room they sent us to was dirty. Floor was filthy and the beds were not made. Dirty sheets laying on the floor. So they switched us to another room. It was clean and the beds were made. Then we go into the bathroom and there was a roach on the counter. I told the front desk and they looked at me like "So!" So I said I'm telling you so that way you could get an exterminator in here before someone really gets upset with you.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Close enough to Lake Erie"
When we first checked in the receptionist was very nice. The first room she put us in however was not cleaned. No sheets, blankets on the bed. Dirty laundry on the floor. Floor was not swept. The 2nd room was clean but we found a roach on the bathroom counter. When I went to tell the lady at the desk, there was a different lady there. She acted like it was no big deal and didn't want to hear about it. I politely said, " You may want to call an exterminator before someone really gets upset" She didn't say a word, just sat back down to read her magazine.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"Clean, convenient hotel"
Very convenient to toll road. Very clean and not at all expensive. The restaurant on the property was very reasonably priced and good.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"Convenient and reasonably priced- but at a cost."
Convenient location for my trip. Nice Mexican restaurant right in front. The lobby was very nice and well decorated. The rooms on the other hand... They need to use better soap or bleach with their towels and sheets- they were dingy. The pillows were the most uncomfortable pillows my neck has ever had to endure. They really should consider throwing the blankets away. Overall the room was tolerable- just needs a little updating. I would recommend this motel- but bring your own pillow/sheets/etc.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Perfect place to stay for Summit Motorsports Park!
2 night business trip Jul 4, 2013
Jimmy
"Only hotel in town"
If I had any other choice for staying in Bellevue this would not have been it. No mention that the pool was torn out.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"Terrible"
I booked a two night stay for my family trip to Cedar Point. I didn't look close enough to see that this place is half an hour away. That was my own fault but when we got to the room, we were in a huge hurry. It smelled very strongly of cleaner, no light anywhere near the table in the dark back corner if the room, and had to call to get the WiFi password. Left for Cedar Point and got back very late. When we got back to the room we discovered the cleaner smell was masking the smell of urine! By that time, we were too tired to do anything about it. Also, the mini fridge froze while we were home and our pop cans had exploded. After our second day at cedar point, we discovered our keycards didn't work anymore. When I went to the office to fix the issue, was told it was because we must have put our cards next to our credit cards in our wallets. I have no idea why this would happen to both of us when only one of us even had a credit card with them and why it would happen one day but not the other. I feel I was given some bs excuse for their mistake. Upon leaving, found out they had a pool. Would have been nice to have some kind of hotel info in the room. I thought the town was cute but I'd never recommend this place to anyone. Also, thought it was crazy that the wanted to charge money for my 12 year old to stay with us, the same as the rate for our second night! That's nuts!
2 night family trip Jun 29, 2013
"Decent"
It's a decent hotel if you're just looking for a place to sleep inexpensively.
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
Christie
good area and good service from staff
2 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2013
"You get what you pay for..."
I didn't expect the nicest hotel since it was cheaper than others closer to Cedar Point, but I did at least expect it to be clean. The television didn't even work properly (screen scrolled continuously). The bathroom: dirty, only 3 towels (all of which were white and stained- at least I hope those were stains) when we reserved a room for 5, only 1/2 roll of toilet paper. They put the roll away bed in our room while we were out to dinner and when we returned, our room keys no longer worked! I had to go back to the other building to the front desk to have them give me new ones and the girl says "Oh, that must be from when I went in to put the rollaway in there." Ya think?? Maybe next time, fix the problem rather than let the customer discover it! And the cover with the rollaway had a cigarette burn hole in it!
2 night family trip Jun 7, 2013
Alicia
"Not recommended"
Was not happy at all with location,, the smell,, and overall look. Very outdated, dark and gloomy. Its more set up like a motel(bates motel!). Would not recommend to anyone,, even if your looking for a discount!
Other trip May 31, 2013
"Not good"
The door did not lock, the hot tub was cold, and the toilet was held together with a zip tie. They did not offer for us to change rooms or a refund.
2 night trip May 24, 2013
nikki
"ok hotel"
thee room as pleasing but the Jacuzzi didn't work & the swimming pool was not clean. overall stay was okay. loved the restaurant in the front .
Other trip May 18, 2013
"recent stay"
Hotel was clean and the room was comfortable. It is a little hard to get in and out since it's on a busy highway. It was quiet and the staff very courteous. It could use a little maintenance in the stairwells, but otherwise in good repair. We enjoyed our stay.
2 night trip Apr 21, 2013
"Don't stay here"
they should tear it down and start over and here is a bit more
Other trip Mar 20, 2013
"Not horrible"
When I first pulled into the hotel I was a little skeptical- the surrounding area is basically in the middle of nowhere. However we had no problems and the hotel itself was very well kept and the staff was nice. The Mexican restaurant is very convenient! Would definitely recommend this hotel as for a cheap stay passing through- not for an extended stay though.
1 night business trip Feb 14, 2013
"Good For The Price!!!"
It was a reasonably priced hotel. It needs some updating but all in all it was a place to sleep. It was actually a one bedroom apartment!!! The air conditioning worked and the bed was comfy. So it served it's purpose just fine!!!
Other trip Aug 23, 2012
Debbie
"Not your average hotel"
We were only there for overnight and as have been told, you get what you pay for. The room was not the best in regards to airconditioning. This hotel has the potential to rated with the best of hotels. The owner could perhaps do an upgrade and fix the many things that were broken. I did get a good nights rest and was ready for my travels back home.
1 night trip with friends Aug 4, 2012
"you get what you pay for here"
Public areas not air conditioned, but room was. Cleanliness was marginal. Indoor pool was very cloudy and couldn't see the bottom (didn't use). This is an old hotel in need of some updating. The price was OK, but not a great deal. Not far from Summit Motorsports Park .
1 night trip Aug 3, 2012
"Disgusting Hotel! Do Not Stay Here!!!!"
When arriving to the hotel it was around one o'clock in the morning so it was extremely late and my husband and I were really tried. So we got into the actual room and put all of our belongings down and started to get ready to go to sleep. When I started to pull the covers off the bed to get into the bed I noticed some yellow stains and when I got to the bottom sheet on the bed it has a hand full of someone's hair all over the bed (and these did not look like hairs off your head, if you know what I mean). My husband and I were completely disgusted but had no other choose but to stay the night so we put down the only clean looking sheet there was on the bed and since all the blankets had yellow stains or other hair on them we just used towels from in the bathroom to cover up with. It was just a horrible night and we barely even slept because it was disgusting and unconformable. The next morning we went ahead and checked out even though we still had another night there. We just knew we could not bear to spend another day, nor night in that gross hoetl room. So I do not personally recommend this hotel at all. It is not worth the price that Expedia has it for, and probably not even worth half of that.
Other trip Jul 30, 2012
Janiece
"family wedding"
The hotel needs some updates, which they are working on, but the room was very clean and comfortable for the price.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2012
"Okay, but would not be my first choice."
The room was okay. The lobby was newly redone. However, the hallways and stairways were in dire need of cleaning and maintenance and they smelled musty.
Other trip Jul 25, 2012
Gordon
the hotel staff at check in were rude and very abrasive. My Mother paid for the room on her charge card and the staff wanted me to produce the card which is not mine to have. They handles the situation very poorly!
1 night trip Jul 21, 2012
"ugh!"
I stood at the check-in counter behind a man who was getting his room changed. Upon receiving his new room keys, he said "this room better be in better shape than the first..." That wasn't a good sign. When I got my keys, I went to the room and found the TV still on, the bedsheets from both beds were not made and there were wet towels lying on the bathroom floor. I quickly backed out and returned to the desk for another room. I was given the room next door to the dirty one. This room was at least tidy, but had a rather unpleasant 'feel' to it. It was late, I was tired and wasn't likely to find another hotel nearby at that time of evening on a Saturday, so had to make do. Did not sleep well that night and the pillows were so fat and unyielding that my neck was sore in the morning. If you must stay here, I hope you have a better experience than I did. I doubt I'll ever be staying there again.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2012
C. Johnson
"Never again"
Hotel was not clean, bathroom toilet was clogged with toilet paper as soon as we entered our room (not from us !), bed sheet had rips in it, continental breakfast had coffee but NO cups! We will never stay here again!
Other trip Jul 24, 2012
El
"Only stayed one night.........."
WAY over priced for what ya get. EVERY thing was 'average' at best. It was a roof over my head, but offered very little else. I did use the pool but although refreshing, nothing special. I would expect the rate to be no more than half of what they charged me. Very doubtful I'd use their services again. Holiday Inns and such offer way more than this establishment did.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2012
Racer
"Great stop off place"
While it is not super luxurious it was very clean. I did not use the pool since we got there late and left early but the front desk person got me checked in in just a few minutes and answered all of my questions regarding local restaurants (fast food and a mexican place is all that is nearby) and local pizza. The pizza place did deliver and was also fast and good. The AC was not on upon arrival but it did work and cooled down the room quickly. The water was hot and the bed was fine but the pillows were super thick and hard. I highly recommend packing your own pillows if you plan to stay at this establishment. Otherwise it was great for the price.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2012
Tammy

"Good Value"
Hotel was great. Halls did smell a bit of cigarette smoke but room was clean everything worked. I would stay there again and recommend to my friends.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2013
Walter
"True to other reviews"
Just as other reviews indicated this hotel is very outdated. I had stayed in a far nicer hotel the night before but booked late so couldn't stay there this night. My room was very clean, a/c worked, tv worked, fridge worked, everything worked. I could hear the train pretty often which wasn't the most pleasant but was fine. Front desk girl was really indifferent which was not a good start to my assumption of the rooms. Room was old but very clean. Mexican restaurant was amazing and I highly recommend that! Location was fine as this was a very small town so it was close to enough things.
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2012
3 night trip May 25, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Bellevue Hotel and Suites

"Not bad"
04/14/15 Mittens777
So far, my stay has been nice. It isn't perfect, but its clean and quiet and thats all that matters to me. The guy at check in was a hoot, very funny and nice. Alot of the reviews say its dirty and moldy paper thin towels ect. The towels are the same as used at most hotels. As far as cleanliness its clean, everything isn't perfectly sparkling white but its most definitely clean. This is an outdated hotel and for it being outdated its in wonderful shape, we got a room with 2 beds for 50$! The pool was nice but the hot tub is broken, but I understand the economy is tough right now a hotel in a smaller city it is probably tough keeping up everyone expects flat screen tvs and perfect designer rooms...
"Absolutely awful!"
12/16/14 pdouds
i had to stay here in a pinch one night. The guy at the front desk was helpful , but then my experience with this motel went downhill big-time. The room was filthy, looked like blood on the carpet, the hair dryer shorted out when I was using it ( Sparks and all), and the sheets looked like someone had "used" them. On the positive side, at least there were no nasty bugs nibbling on me. Blah, avoid like the plague!!'
"Used condom on the floor"
10/09/14 NickZoa Melbourne
The only reason I stayed here was because I had to wait overnight for a part to be delivered for my car. On check-in, the manager offered to drive me to the NAPA auto parts place the next morning. But the next morning, he flaked out. No one knew where he was. In addition to finding a used condom on the floor of my room, I was disappointed that the hotel wouldn't sell me a room for anything close to the booking.com price. I would NEVER stay here again.
"for your Own Sake , Please read before booking"
09/14/14 sbassiouny Chicago, Illinois
arrived after midnight,owner started to Bargain with me trying to sell me a bigger room THEN when failed put me in a room next to storage where i can hear mice all night THEN found bugs under sheets if i had time i would have reported this motel to the health department
"PRICE GOUGING/DISGUSTING"
08/05/14 Dave19742014 Chicago, Illinois
Had to stop at this place after traveling all day. This was the only hotel left with rooms in the entire area. When we arrived was told the rate was $329.98 per room per night (this was at 2am local time and only needed a room for 6hrs). With my family in the car, and no other options, we had to stay. Rooms were disgusting - Stained carpet, hair on sheets, mold in bathroom... Worst place I have ever stayed in. I then sent emails to the owner and CEO, and actually received a call back. He went on to tell me they have to pay their bills, supply and demand, etc. DO NOT STAY HERE, and share this review!!!
"In a Pinch"
08/05/14 krystalh Seymour, IN
So, there was a water issue in Toledo, OH on the day/night we needed a room near Sandusky, so all hotels from there to Toledo were booked up or $400+ for the night. Finally, found a room here that had enough beds for the 6 of us. Staff was friendly and accommodating for what we needed. The room was a nice size and I'm not going to complain because they were nice enough to rent us there last room and bring in roll away beds so everyone could sleep. Would I stay here again, probably not. But again, in a pinch they were super helpful and we appreciated the staff!
"Don't Stay Here!!!"
08/03/14 dcoulas Ontario
This hotel is anything but clean, checked in received a smoking rooms that smelt like it was never cleaned, they did "freshen" room, pulled down the bed to find out the sheets were never changed from the last guest as their "DNA" male and female were on the sheets, they changed the sheets @ 10pm with help from us, we the guests flipped the mattress, bath tubs are black with dirt, cob webs in the lights, lights don't work and the towels are paper thin. The Health Department needs to stop by, never swam in the pool as I am sure there is lots of "DNA" in that! Spoke with the hotel manage via phone and he said people make mistakes and there will be no compensation! He claims they offered us another room, which they did not, and then he claims there were sold out? They offer a "breakfast" ceral no milk, honey buns in wrappers and cold coffee with powered milk! This place needs to be SHUT DOWN!
"Ok"
07/29/14 Sam M Homeworth, Ohio
The lobby was very nicely decorated in marble and the people at the hotel desk were so nice. our room looked clean upon arrival. after investigating though there was alot of dirt in the room and there was hair everywhere in the bathroom. The T.V. only got 10 channels and the A.C. did not work I had stayed here before and was impressed but this time was terrible. I would recommend staying in the red roof inn-Clyde or the holiday in in tiffin.
"Bellevue changing names to Magnuson?"
07/09/14 tcwatergirl Traverse City, Michigan, United States
There was a sign that was un-lit that said Bellevue but it appears the establishment name is changing to Magnuson Hotel & Suites. There was an indoor pool and jacuzzi and an outdoor pool that was closed and in disrepair. We were in an older unit and those were probably the cheaper ones. This place was quiet but pretty run down—badly in need of an interior paint job and good carpet cleaning. I didn't want to walk around barefoot in the room because the carpet had that tacky-sticky, gummy, dirty feeling. I saw mildew growing on the inside rim of the toilet. The first night we had no air condition ion and we called the front office to let them know and they said it was just an outside air vent, not an air conditioner. I argued that it, "had a power cord so there must be a fan that wasn't working," and they said, "no." There was no way to open a window and the place sorta smelled. The next morning we asked to switch to a room with air and they told us, "no," they were "full up." When we asked for a refund they (surprise) flipped a switch under the front desk and then the in-room fan worked. HUNH? We walked them to the room to be sure. They said it would work now. It did. When we returned to our room for our second night there, we were gone from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, the room had not been cleaned, (waste baskets were overfull and coffee not replaced, beds unmade, towels on the floor) so we had to walk back over there to ask for housekeeping so we could get some more of those lovely sandpapery thin towels. I think we paid $80 a night so when you are shopping for price, you can expect this, sometimes.
"Warning do not stay here"
07/07/14 Dan A
I have stayed in some dumps before and this was the worst, I don't mind cheep and you get what you pay for. But the room smelled real bad asked for another and it was worse. The a/c worked for a while then quit in the middle of the night. Please google maps and look at how many cars are in the lot most are for the restaurant in front, not part of the hotel. I reserved the room with my card but my brother paid for it and they STILL charged mine. My brother is a trucker and he even said it was the worst.