All hotels in Bellevue, Ohio, United States of America

2.5
    2.1
    2.7
"What A Dump!!!"
This motel has a spiffy name and a nice registration room. The rooms and hallways are, however, miserable. I've seen nicer bedroom furniture at the local Good Will. The hallways are poorly lit and carpets uneven. The soda machine near the rooms was out of almost everything. Refrigerator in room didn't work. There appeared to be an out of use vent fan in the bathroom, but no switch for it. Institutional, thin towels. Morning staff didn't inform any guests of continental breakfast included in price until asked and didn't turn on breakfast room light. Breakfast consisted mostly of apples, oranges, and packaged pastry type snacks you would find in a vending machine. The whole place was a little creepy
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Somewhat dissatisfied."
They charged me extra for my children to stay. The room was musty smelling but clean.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Jeannine
"dirty and run down"
I will never stay there again. Run down hotel. Cobwebs all over the place. Dirty and run down.
2 night trip Jul 31, 2015
Update the bathroom!
1 night trip Jul 31, 2015
Ronald
"Not worth the lower price"
Bugs...... Hotel should be more like the name it represents. Carpet needs replaced. I wouldn't drink the coffee even if I used bottled water. Didn't go near the pool for reasons that don't need an explanation. Hotel staff could've been a little bit more friendly. They swiped my card 3 times even after I had paid for the room 2 months in advance. I will stay anonymous in this review to keep from getting any extra charges!
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Are you kidding me!!"
Hotel is not worth the money. Lobby is nice, staff were helpful but the rooms were nothing to talk about. Rooms were dirty ( they were as clean as they could get them) and need of serious upgrade. I will not stay again!!
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
it was excatly what i expected for the cost with a indoor pool close to cedar point
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"nice little motel"
it was nicer than expected I read reviews before booking but it was a nice place to stay
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
pete
"Absolutely miserable."
Room was absolutely disgusting. They could not switch us another room, despite the "vacancy" sign. The bathroom was unusable - water rained down from the ceiling when someone upstairs used theirs. They were unwilling to work with us to rectify anything. We canceled the room for the next night and they said I would be refunded - and I was not. Staff may have been under a lot of pressure but still blew us off. Cleaning lady was nice though. Oh, and there was no breakfast despite advertisements. ("It's seasonal" - I bet the season is always coming up, huh.)
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Traveler
"over charge me"
over charge me at check in they not respect the price from hotels.com
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Worst place ever!"
Very rude. Very disgusting! Do not stay at this place, ever!
2 night business trip May 24, 2014
"Worse than you get what you pay for"
I would not stay here again if it was free. Upon arrival I was charged $27.50 because my child was 14. This would not have been a problem had they served breakfast or even supplied enough towels for each of us. There was no reason for this extra charge. 3 towels maximum per room regardless of the number of guests (We had a total of 4 guests). There was no shower curtain in our room. When I went to the front desk the worker told me she could take one from another room and I could put it up. There was an old bar of soap left in the shower and some dead bugs. There were holes in the sheets and stains on the blankets. There were no cups in the room but it did have a coffee maker. The heater/air conditioner did not work. We were also awakened with 2 prank phone calls to our room at 2am.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Needs Maid Service"
The room was supposed to be non smoking and it smelled terrible. The room was dirty. The alarm clock did not work so there was no way to know the time. Thank goodness for cell phones. I would sleep in my vehicle before I would ever stay here again.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Older section and newer section of hotel."
This hotel has an older section and a newer section. We chose the older section because it was less expensive. Our thoughts were "as long as it is clean, it doesn't have to be pretty." The coffee pot was cruddy so we did not use it. The tub was dirty and the shower curtain was filthy and stained. I asked the cleaning lady to clean the tub and get a new shower curtain. She was very gracious and did so immediately. This level of cleanliness made us uncomfortable. I would expect that the newer section is better.
Other trip May 8, 2014
Mgr. wasn't informative about area's eatery when asked. Towels & face cloths were stained. Bed spread was stained when you opened it up.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
"Cheap but no value"
The employees were friendly but the rooms were in poor condition. Every time I left my key would not work. No knobs on any cabinets in the bathroom . The door to the bathroom had dirty finger prints all over it. Was glad I brought my own sheets. The room was warm was told to stop by the office to fill out a form they forgot when I did they said I was all set didn't need to. Got back to my room ( snowing heavy and 20 degrees out) they called and said I needed to come back they forgot something
2 night business trip Dec 12, 2013
The maid greeted us, was very friendly and nice. However, my suite was extremely nasty an was without the amenities that come with a suite. It was just a two bedroom room. Supposedly the manager had the room checked for cleanliness while we were checking in because they "had not rented a suite in a long time." It was amazing that after threatening to leave, they did have another suite that was very clean. When we checked out, the desk clerk had an attitude and was rude. The lobby I beautiful but the rest of the hotel leaves very much to be desired!!! We did not receive a receipt either.
1 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2013
B vargas
"Beds were scary not sure if the sheets were even c"
The sheets were inside out with stains on the other side, beds were old and hard. The towels were paper thin and like sandpaper there was old caution tape hanging everywhere. short drive to cedar point was the only plus. No taxis either and everything closes early
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"Bad"
The room was dirty, hot and the linen was not clean. I didn't feel clean in this room. We tried to cancel our rooms and was not able to without paying for the room. We stayed there 2 night and when we came in late the third night the room was fill with another customer. They offered us another room and when we went into the room the TV was setting on the floor and the this room was worse than the first. We left and got a room at another motel about 20 miles away but was still charged for staying 3 night. This is the worst experience I ever had at a motel and would not recommend this motel or expedia to anyone.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Jerry
"Close to our destination"
When we first arrived, the first room they sent us to was dirty. Floor was filthy and the beds were not made. Dirty sheets laying on the floor. So they switched us to another room. It was clean and the beds were made. Then we go into the bathroom and there was a roach on the counter. I told the front desk and they looked at me like "So!" So I said I'm telling you so that way you could get an exterminator in here before someone really gets upset with you.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Close enough to Lake Erie"
When we first checked in the receptionist was very nice. The first room she put us in however was not cleaned. No sheets, blankets on the bed. Dirty laundry on the floor. Floor was not swept. The 2nd room was clean but we found a roach on the bathroom counter. When I went to tell the lady at the desk, there was a different lady there. She acted like it was no big deal and didn't want to hear about it. I politely said, " You may want to call an exterminator before someone really gets upset" She didn't say a word, just sat back down to read her magazine.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"Clean, convenient hotel"
Very convenient to toll road. Very clean and not at all expensive. The restaurant on the property was very reasonably priced and good.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"Convenient and reasonably priced- but at a cost."
Convenient location for my trip. Nice Mexican restaurant right in front. The lobby was very nice and well decorated. The rooms on the other hand... They need to use better soap or bleach with their towels and sheets- they were dingy. The pillows were the most uncomfortable pillows my neck has ever had to endure. They really should consider throwing the blankets away. Overall the room was tolerable- just needs a little updating. I would recommend this motel- but bring your own pillow/sheets/etc.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Perfect place to stay for Summit Motorsports Park!
2 night business trip Jul 4, 2013
Jimmy
"Only hotel in town"
If I had any other choice for staying in Bellevue this would not have been it. No mention that the pool was torn out.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"Terrible"
I booked a two night stay for my family trip to Cedar Point. I didn't look close enough to see that this place is half an hour away. That was my own fault but when we got to the room, we were in a huge hurry. It smelled very strongly of cleaner, no light anywhere near the table in the dark back corner if the room, and had to call to get the WiFi password. Left for Cedar Point and got back very late. When we got back to the room we discovered the cleaner smell was masking the smell of urine! By that time, we were too tired to do anything about it. Also, the mini fridge froze while we were home and our pop cans had exploded. After our second day at cedar point, we discovered our keycards didn't work anymore. When I went to the office to fix the issue, was told it was because we must have put our cards next to our credit cards in our wallets. I have no idea why this would happen to both of us when only one of us even had a credit card with them and why it would happen one day but not the other. I feel I was given some bs excuse for their mistake. Upon leaving, found out they had a pool. Would have been nice to have some kind of hotel info in the room. I thought the town was cute but I'd never recommend this place to anyone. Also, thought it was crazy that the wanted to charge money for my 12 year old to stay with us, the same as the rate for our second night! That's nuts!
2 night family trip Jun 29, 2013
"Decent"
It's a decent hotel if you're just looking for a place to sleep inexpensively.
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
Christie
good area and good service from staff
2 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2013
"You get what you pay for..."
I didn't expect the nicest hotel since it was cheaper than others closer to Cedar Point, but I did at least expect it to be clean. The television didn't even work properly (screen scrolled continuously). The bathroom: dirty, only 3 towels (all of which were white and stained- at least I hope those were stains) when we reserved a room for 5, only 1/2 roll of toilet paper. They put the roll away bed in our room while we were out to dinner and when we returned, our room keys no longer worked! I had to go back to the other building to the front desk to have them give me new ones and the girl says "Oh, that must be from when I went in to put the rollaway in there." Ya think?? Maybe next time, fix the problem rather than let the customer discover it! And the cover with the rollaway had a cigarette burn hole in it!
2 night family trip Jun 7, 2013
Alicia
"Not recommended"
Was not happy at all with location,, the smell,, and overall look. Very outdated, dark and gloomy. Its more set up like a motel(bates motel!). Would not recommend to anyone,, even if your looking for a discount!
Other trip May 31, 2013
"Not good"
The door did not lock, the hot tub was cold, and the toilet was held together with a zip tie. They did not offer for us to change rooms or a refund.
2 night trip May 24, 2013
nikki
"ok hotel"
thee room as pleasing but the Jacuzzi didn't work & the swimming pool was not clean. overall stay was okay. loved the restaurant in the front .
Other trip May 18, 2013
"recent stay"
Hotel was clean and the room was comfortable. It is a little hard to get in and out since it's on a busy highway. It was quiet and the staff very courteous. It could use a little maintenance in the stairwells, but otherwise in good repair. We enjoyed our stay.
2 night trip Apr 21, 2013
"Don't stay here"
they should tear it down and start over and here is a bit more
Other trip Mar 20, 2013
"Not horrible"
When I first pulled into the hotel I was a little skeptical- the surrounding area is basically in the middle of nowhere. However we had no problems and the hotel itself was very well kept and the staff was nice. The Mexican restaurant is very convenient! Would definitely recommend this hotel as for a cheap stay passing through- not for an extended stay though.
1 night business trip Feb 14, 2013

"Good Value"
Hotel was great. Halls did smell a bit of cigarette smoke but room was clean everything worked. I would stay there again and recommend to my friends.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2013
Walter
"True to other reviews"
Just as other reviews indicated this hotel is very outdated. I had stayed in a far nicer hotel the night before but booked late so couldn't stay there this night. My room was very clean, a/c worked, tv worked, fridge worked, everything worked. I could hear the train pretty often which wasn't the most pleasant but was fine. Front desk girl was really indifferent which was not a good start to my assumption of the rooms. Room was old but very clean. Mexican restaurant was amazing and I highly recommend that! Location was fine as this was a very small town so it was close to enough things.
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2012
Kristie
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2013
3 night trip Jul 4, 2013
1 night trip Sep 1, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Bellevue Hotel & Suites

"The Nightmare of the Bellevue Hotel/Magnuson Suites in Bellevue OH"
08/26/15 John B Youngstown, Ohio
We stayed a week at this hotel due to work. We had a suite. The hotel was an older property which is supposedly being updated. The lobby looked awesome, but then again, this is the first impression of the facility. When it came to getting to our room, the outside door to get into our building was a bit rustic and beat up, not to mention, painted over many times. The door to our suite had been painted to the woodwork, so it took a bit of a shove to get it opened. From the smell, you could tell it had not been rented in some time. Stains in the carpet greeted us as we came through the door. It had a kitchenette but nothing to cook with and no plates or silverware. The vintage heating and cooling system only worked in the main room. Our private bedroom provided nothing but ample heat during our summer stay. The in room coffee pot was loaded with mold. The vintage phone in our bedroom was one of the first pushbutton phones from the early 1970's and it didn't have a cord hooked to it. Our bedroom light switch killed all of the power in the room including the vintage TV. Every pop machine at the facility has an OUT OF ORDER sign. The washer will take your money but it doesn't turn on. The dryer has been out of order for over a month. Breakfast is packaged danishes from Aldi Foods some fruit and coffee/juices. The ice machines pour water. When I did get ice, dirt and grim came out with it. Good thing I was only filling my cooler. The indoor pool looks inviting and the workout room looked good too. The public bathrooms near the pool lacked toilet paper, soap or anyway to dry your hands. Dead bugs were all over the countertops. The outdoor pool is filled in but is accessible due to the busted gate and non existent fence. This is a great place for a photo of the NO DIVING signs with a swimming pool that looks as if 7' weeds are growing out of it. One day the live in housekeeper only cleaned half of our room. Another guest told us she didn't clear their room at all. With the condition of this property, I would really have to question their definition of 'CLEAN' or 'CLEANING'. When I confronted management, he was understanding and tried to justify the service and condition of the property. Nice guy but it doesn't solve the issues of the hotel. At a $55 a night charge for a suite, so close to the Cedar Point amusement park, one would think the parking lot would be packed, but it's empty except for about a dozen cars during peak season. Locals don't have anything good to say about this hotel. I am guessing this hotel has two names because of reviews and ratings. I would also like to add that Bellevue is a very busy railroad town, so at all hours of the night you hear trains and train horns. I took the morning to take over 20 photos of the property, which I posted on my Facebook page. I had a photo competition as to which picture folks liked best. At this point they like the no diving weed pool, the water pouring out of the ice machines and the OUT OF ORDER signs on all of the pop machines best. I asked the management why the hotel had two different names. He told me it was because the hotel's name had some historical value. I highly doubt it. I suggest if you are in the area, look elsewhere for accommodations.
"Place to lay your head"
08/20/15 dafabs KHL@tg6g97tJ
Needs an updating badly. Used air condition filters left next to bed. Definitely not your four star hotel. Okay if you just need a place to lay your head for a few hours. Mexican restaurant located next door.
"Outdated and stained"
08/03/15 PAtraveler34 Akron, Ohio
Stayed one night with my family in a two room suite. It was nice to have a separate room for the kids. The room also included a stove, sink, and refrigerator. Could have been nice but it wasn't. Kitchenette cabinets were covered in finger prints. Chairs, carpet, and shower curtain were all stained. Water ran in the toilet all night long. Tiles in the shower were starting to bulge off of the walls. Would not let the kids even touch one of the remotes for the TVs. Expected two queen size beds but definitely did not get them. Room has not been renovated in decades. That I can take. Unfortunately, it was also not cleaned very well before we got there.
"Don't stay here at any price"
07/22/15 Paul M Acton, Massachusetts
we were looking for an inexpensive hotel to stay in for a short nights sleep in the middle of a 1400 mile drive. the primary Selction criteria was to be an hour west of Cleveland so that we could make our driving timing and a breakfast meeting work. we found this through Travelocity, which is normally my go to travel site, but I didn't read any reviews before booking. (too much in a hurry on the tiny phone screen for my own good) This was the least expensive hotel available, but was still $120 for what they called a suite. It was a complete disappointment: the building was a 60s vintage efficiency apartment building, converted to a hotel, but not changed in any way. The exterior door to the 8 unit building did not close or latch. The narrow stair leading up to our second floor room was dirty and smelled of both mildew and bugspray. The hall carpet appeared to have never been cleaned, or at least not in the last 10 years. The room itself was not precooled, and was near 100 inside. the carpet in the room, slightly newer, still did not show any signs of cleaning. Despite the bugspray smell, we say ants and some sort of other tiny insect wandering around the bathroom floor. The inadequate air conditioner never did cool off the one room completely and didn't have any effect on the temperature in the second room. The Lighting was inadequate and the sheets on the undersized, "full size" beds were threadbare. The hot water faucets spit air each time they were turned on, despite the presence of the electric water heater in the middle of the room. the included breakfast was convenience store Danish, frozen waffles, and coffee. overall we were glad to get going in the morning.
"Thumbs down"
07/22/15 Dick W Marion, Ohio
Satyed here two nights, never been here before. Booked room five weeks in advance. Had friends check in the night after i had , they did not book room in advance and they paid 50.00 less per night than me. Room was dirty, never changed sheets or cleaned room between nights of my stay. The breakfest was not what was addvertised. The worst place i have ever stayed, for 130.00 a night. Will never be back.
"Disgusting stay, questionable business practices."
07/01/15 Kellergirl2 Latrobe, Pennsylvania
Been coming here for 40 years. Our last stay was disgusting. Dirty, dank smelling, electrical outlets were questionable, had to hold appliance plug while using it. Put nothing on the floor. Had plastic bag over and battery pulled on smoke alarm. No bugs that I could see. Water dripping all the time. Linens were really old and thread bare. Have you see the sigh for the Mexican Restaurant? Decaying before your eyes. Air conditioner rattled Have you seen the old outdoor pool. Bed of weeds! Could not even spell name or address right what would make me think they could get the reservation dates right. Made us pay for another night because I contend they made the mistake. When I ask for a little better business attitude. Told me that was not going to happen and hang up on me. Bellevue is suppose to be trying to draw in new business. Get rid of this piece of garbage and the management and get a beautiful Holiday Inn Express built. I want to visit and keep my spending money in Bellevue. You Bellevue are making it very hard to do so. Civic leaders take pride in Bellevue start working for the changes we need to see. Cant visit if there are no rooms to rent.
"Would have booked somewhere else"
06/02/15 Jeff T Ontario, Canada
Came here as a road trip to Cedar Point. Pool is open late, which had loud people walking the floors late at night (around midnight). If I had known earlier, we could have booked some place closer to cedar point at a much cheaper rate. This hotel books additional unexpected charges, can't remember what they were for as it was last year, but the bill at the end did not make sense. Tried to call to make sense of the receipt and got some nonchalant response from the receptionist. If you're staying here planning for a cedar point trip, try to get something at a similar price closer (1-5km) away from Cedar point.
"Not bad"
04/14/15 Mittens777
So far, my stay has been nice. It isn't perfect, but its clean and quiet and thats all that matters to me. The guy at check in was a hoot, very funny and nice. Alot of the reviews say its dirty and moldy paper thin towels ect. The towels are the same as used at most hotels. As far as cleanliness its clean, everything isn't perfectly sparkling white but its most definitely clean. This is an outdated hotel and for it being outdated its in wonderful shape, we got a room with 2 beds for 50$! The pool was nice but the hot tub is broken, but I understand the economy is tough right now a hotel in a smaller city it is probably tough keeping up everyone expects flat screen tvs and perfect designer rooms...
"Absolutely awful!"
12/16/14 pdouds
i had to stay here in a pinch one night. The guy at the front desk was helpful , but then my experience with this motel went downhill big-time. The room was filthy, looked like blood on the carpet, the hair dryer shorted out when I was using it ( Sparks and all), and the sheets looked like someone had "used" them. On the positive side, at least there were no nasty bugs nibbling on me. Blah, avoid like the plague!!'
"Used condom on the floor"
10/09/14 NickZoa Melbourne
The only reason I stayed here was because I had to wait overnight for a part to be delivered for my car. On check-in, the manager offered to drive me to the NAPA auto parts place the next morning. But the next morning, he flaked out. No one knew where he was. In addition to finding a used condom on the floor of my room, I was disappointed that the hotel wouldn't sell me a room for anything close to the booking.com price. I would NEVER stay here again.