All hotels in Kilkenny, Ireland

Delicious food
    Comfortable
    Room is all right
"ZUNI: Stay Here!"
Wonderful staff, and the restaurant (who also handles the included breakfast) is world class. The prices of the room and of the evening meals are VERY reasonable for such quality.
2 night romance trip Mar 22, 2016
Marisa
Our room was very large and comfortable. This may have been to compensate for fronting onto a busy street, but it worked. I always use ear plugs in hotels anyway and had no trouble sleeping. The service was great, breakfast was great and the location perfect. We'll stay again.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
Not Provided
"Good stay"
Great location. Friendly and helpful staff.
1 night romance trip Sep 23, 2014
paul
"Excellent location"
Wonderful hotel in great location. If you can check in to the hotel and use their car park before you head out to explore the town, you'll save yourself a headache....
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
nick
"Modernity in the City Center"
This is a clean, modern, frankly pretty fancy place right in easy walking distance to all the sights. The room was comfortable, but the open and doors close a little hard - it takes a firm pull of the handle and good shove to open it, same to close it. The way the building is laid out, 4-5 room doors are all clustered in a hall, and you hear it every time someone has to have that door struggle. We didn't hear much else, just those loud doors. The breakfast service downstairs was also very good, a great meal to start the day.
1 night romance trip Sep 15, 2014
Mara
"Great location, uncomfortable bed"
You can't beat the location! Parking was easy (once they let you in) and the hotel was clean. My only complain is that the mattress was very uncomfortable....almost like a futon mattress. Regardless, I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Sep 21, 2014
Erin
"Great location in Kilkenny"
The hotel staff are very friendly and we could walk to all the sights. The breakfast was very good too
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
Deborah
"Able to park the car!!"
Everyone was so hospitable and we especially enjoyed the owner and the breakfast.
1 night family trip Feb 18, 2014
"Nice hotel conveniently located."
Nice hotel with a restaurant on the ground floor. Room was nicely decorated but a little small. Unfortunately the sink in the bathroom was clogged and since we noticed that rather late (11:30PM) in the evening it wasn't fixed - the front desk did not pick up the phone when we called, which was annoying. There is free parking in the back of the hotel.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"A lovely hotel we will be back."
A superb hotel with lovely room and great breakfast. Staff were attentive and pleasant.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2016
Jackie
"Great location for bars and restaurants"
Nice hotel above a great restaurant
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2016
Barry
"Lovely hotel in great location"
Great last minute stay with very friendly stay. Would definitely stay again
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
Delighted to have found this little gem. Great location, loved the decor and the friendly staff. Have been recommending it to friends since
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2015
Orla
"Not very great."
The tiles in the bathroom were loose. The tub had a black spot as thought it had not been cleaned. The room was very small and cold as the windows were wooden and not well insulated. You have to get someone from insode the hotel to open the gate to enter into parking lot this was a big hassel and the reception was not very friendly.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
erin
"Great hotel.. Fantastic location"
Everything was great. Right in the old town. Highly recommended.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
"Fantastic Food & Great location but..."
I stayed for 1 night & have to say the location is perfect. The only gripe I'd have is that the room & decor was a little tired & could've been better. I know what they were going for & I love the clean line, black & white mirrored look but there were scuff marks on the walls, an iron scorch mark in the carpet & some black mould in the bathroom. The bed was extremely comforable but creaked a bit when you moved & I'm not a heavy person, so if I'd have stayed more than 1 night I'd be complaining more.....in spite of all that though the quality of the breakfast made up for it :-) I would stay again & would recommend.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Adders
"ideal break"
Excellent service and very stylish hotel in central location. Parking a bonus. First class restaurant. My room was well appointed and quite glamorous, although being at the rear had the noise from the fan from the kitchen, which did go off at 10.30. The soundproofing was not very efficient as I could hear intimate details from next door, but over quite quickly! Staff very friendly and helpful.
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2014
wanderer
"Would stay again"
Beautiful hotel, nice room, excellent breakfast, and located handy with most everything walkable distant.
2 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"Fantastic Food - Great Location"
The food at the Zuni Hotel is really excellent. As the other reviewer mentioned, it is 5 star food without the 5 star price tag. The cafe/restaurant was buzzing with customers (especially locals) which is always a good sign. The kitchen was able to accommodate our food allergies without any fuss. We had the fish dish for lunch which was excellent value at €12. The courgette soup was gluten free and we were able to enjoy it with gluten free bread that the hotel provided. The cooked breakfast the next day was just as good. The only negatives were - the windows in the bedroom were more like a full length door -than a window, so we were not able to leave the window open when we were sleeping - this was inconvenient and we found the room quite warm and stuffy. Also, the bath itself was stained and looked a little grotty - the bathrooms could do with a makeover. Apart from that, we had a wonderful stay and we will definitely be back.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2014
"Top class,And Great Staff"
Dont be fooled the Zuni is a 5 star hotel without the price and with better staff. My experience here was fantastic to say the least. Me and my friend stay here at a very busy time of year new years eve and the day before. On arrival we noticed that the hotel is right bang in the middle of Kilkenny city the location really doesn't get any better then this. The staff, were the superior kind of staff that is really rare theses days. They really look after people and go the extra mile especially at breakfast and the reception staff are fantastic and helpful also. The rooms clean, spacious,quite and cosy not cold by any means the price is right. Would stay here again 110 percent YES i dont think id stay anywhere else in Kilkenny after staying in the Zuni.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
cobyoshi
The staff in this hotel are so accommodating and friendly, the cleanliness throughout is very evident. The hotel location is brilliant being so close to all the shopping streets, we would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would certainly have no hesitation in staying there again.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2013
Fran

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

L'endroit ideal
1 night romance trip Aug 11, 2014
Christophe
FR
"Bra läge"
Trevligt hotell mitt i centrum. Rena bekväma rum med enkel inredning och trevlig personal. Parkering på hotellets baksida.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2014
DE

TripAdvisor reviews for Zuni Hotel

"Hen Night in Kilkenny"
04/26/16 Sab877 Cork, Ireland
Could not fault it in anyway!!!!I was there with a party of 18 for a hen so I got to stay in the suite room with the bride to be and it was so nice, we had a meal in the restaurant and it was delicious and the breakfast was just as nice!!!!!!!I would stay here again if I get the chance!!!
"Marriage Gift"
04/19/16 Celticcoffeeman San Francisco, California
I'm originally from Kilkenny county and now live in California. I recently got married and my sister gave my husband and me a night in Zuni hotel as a gift. It was my second time staying there. It's a boutique hotel so don't expect large rooms but what it lacks in size it makes up for in style. The restaurant was full so we ate outside at the small bar. It was delicious as was breakfast the next morning. Lovely old building. I remember it as the old theater behind the Lighting Emporium shop in the 80s. Could not be more centrally located. Stylish without breaking the bank.
"A hidden gem!"
04/07/16 Mackers6183 Dublin, Ireland
Not an easy task looking after a group of 20 people over a weekend but Paul & his team were fantastic. They pulled out all the stops and really made sure we had a great time. Highly recommend this hotel & restaurant for those travelling to Kilkenny!
"A bit of a decline."
04/05/16 Helen c Kilkenny, Ireland
I like this restaurant and we do frequent it. Last time we had dinner here we both felt uncomfortable. My husband felt unhappy with his steak. It was very sinuiy and we would have complained but alas there is a very aggressive style manager working there who has an air of "his own importance" and we were basically ignored when trying to catch his attention. Also why big vast bowls of soup and small mains!;;;.
"Great way to start our trip!"
03/27/16 Angie L
We arrived in Dublin on the morning of St Patrick's Day and drove directly down to Kilkenny. I contacted the hotel beforehand to request an early checkin and they were very accommodating (a big relief after our long flight)! The rooms were cute, the only complaint is that the beds and pillows were a bit hard. The staff (particularly Steve) was friendly and very helpful on giving suggestions on places to visit during our stay. The location of the hotel was perfect and only a short walk to everything downtown. Breakfasts in the morning were good. It was a great place to start an amazing vacation in Ireland!
"What a find!"
03/26/16 Marisa B
We weren't sure what to expect, but the Zuni is a jewel in the perfect part of town. Parking for the car is in a lot in back of the hotel, then it's walking distance to everything including the best shopping of our trip at the Kilkenny Design Center and the other craft shops near the castle. And the restaurant is simply world class. We had dinner there both nights. We couldn't tear ourselves away. Room was immaculate and comfortable. Can't recommend highly enough!
"Consistently Mediocre Food"
03/15/16 Ginsleuth Ireland
I want to like this place, I really do. But sometimes they make it very hard. I'm in Kilkenny semi reguarly for work and often meet people here for coffee or lunch. I've had good lunches and I've had terrible lunches (Risotto with chickpeas? really?) Good coffee, terrible coffee. Service is good, if a bit detached. The menu often reads well and then fails to deliver. Fresh thinking is seriously needed in the kitchen to make this live up to its potential.
"Lovely stay!"
03/12/16 Eimear99 Ireland
I recently stated here with a group of 11 other friends. We were on a dinner/ bed and breakfast package but I will review restaurant separately. This is a lovely boutique hotel located in the heart of Kilkenny. There is a small residents car park at the rear. Check in was swift, friendly and efficient . We were in a twin room 205. It was decorated in very modern , clean white lines with soft lighting. I couldn't get tv to work but didn't ring reception as we didn't go to Kilkenny to watch TV. There was a powerful shower in the en suite. There was little or no room to place your wash bag. Nice bright lighting in bathroom. The room was really hot and I found it difficult to turn heating down. Beds and pillows were super comfie. We returned to hotel at 1.30 and night manager gave us a drink in bar. He was non Irish and not very friendly. Breakfast next morning was a little disappointing. It was served in the hotel bar and not the restaurant. The menu stated that there was a selection of cereals available. We were neither offered or saw any. The bar tables were too small to have your breakfast at. There was a very limited choice in cooked to order breakfast. I had eggs benedict and they were delicious. The waitresses never offered to top up coffees as they found it hard to distinguish between who were residents and who were not. Check out was friendly. Overall very nice boutique hotel in super location. Dinner in restaurant was super which I will review separately but breakfast was a big let down. I would come back again however!
"Very Good"
01/29/16 Gerry96 Ireland
A very pleasant stop on a brief visit to Kilkenny. The hotel enjoys a great location in the heart of the old city and the private car park is very handy. The rooms are small but well appointed and ours was extremely quiet as we overlooked the car park at the rear. The Zuni is probably better known as a restaurant and was doing great business the night we were there. We had a delicious and well priced dinner and its easy to see why it is so popular. Breakfast seems to be something of an afterthought - served in the bar and with a limited choice. The (very pleasant) staff were kept busy by people dropping in for coffee and as a result service wasn't brilliant. Kilkenny is a lovely spot to visit and the Zuni is well positioned to cater for those who want to explore the city on foot and dine well.
"Great hotel, memory foam pillows!"
01/27/16 Ashley R
Ok, I have to mention the pillows first. We were staying in Ireland roaming the country in a rental car for 10 days. We didn't look online for hotels, we just checked whatever we walked by. This hotel looked really nice and they had a room available.. So we took it. We were very pleased the room And bathroom. But the pillows.. They were the best pillows we slept on in the whole country. Lol! A comfy bed and pillows goes a long way In getting a good nights sleep, and this hotel delivered. Wonderful service, breakfast.. Right around the corner from Kilkenny castle. NO complaints!