All hotels in Berlin, Germany
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereNürnberger Str. 16, Berlin, BE, 10789, Germany, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

4.9
    4.8
"Central location great boutique hotel"
A point of difference is the wonderful hostess Sabine who runs this hotel with panache and aplomb. Her warm and caring personality to her guests makes you feel welcome and at home.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Comfortable, Personable, and a great location"
A beautifully decorated bed and breakfast on the 4th floor of a restored early 20th century apartment building just a block off the Kurfurstdendamm. Restaurants and shops are plentiful nearby and the U-Bahn station is only a few blocks away. Your host is warmly engaging and tries to make everyone feel at home. Breakfast each morning was an absolute feast with the table spread with about everything anyone could imagine eating for breakfast, served in a beautifully decorated dining room. I recommend it without reservation and will look forward to staying there on my next visit to Berlin.
6 night trip May 16, 2014
"Loving Care"
Sabine was wonderful and made the time in Berlin a special experience. The hotel is spotless and comfortable, the breakfast is a feast and Sabine was caring, giving and knowledgeable.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Franie
"Great Hostess and location"
Sabine is the ideal hostess for any out of town or country traveler. Her information is on the money for any traveler who is looking for things to see, do or eat! Our breakfast each morning was filled with fresh breads, cheeses, salads and juices that were purchased each morning by our wonderful hostess, Sabine! Conversations were filled with things to do, events happening in the city, restaurants to try later in the evening, we all felt like part of an extended family talking about our experiences! I cannot say enough about this wonderful hostess who went beyond in her efforts to assist me in locating my luggage from the airlines. Sabine called the airlines several times each day asking for my luggage! She gave me essentials so I did not waste an afternoon in this exciting city! We left for our next city 4 days later and she was able to assist the airlines in forwarding my luggage - what a fantastic hostess!
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
Lucy
"A Great Value"
In all respects the B&B was excellent. In particular it is only a half block off of the Tauentzienstrasse which places it only one block from the Ka De We, t5wo blocks from the U-Bahn, 100 meters from the Europa Center, two blocks from the Kaiser Whilhelm Kirche, etc.The another outstanding characteristic of our stay was the service provided by our hostess. She was a tour director besides a breakfast caterer of of the first rank.It is a great value.
8 night trip Nov 12, 2013
Gary Lelvis
"wonderful host"
Sabine was a lovely host, very kind and warm. Great space.
3 night trip Jun 7, 2013
Judy

"Charming Boutique Hotel in West Berlin"
I recently stayed at the Mittendrin with my partner for 7 nights whilst attending a conference in Berlin. Whilst described as a Bed and Breakfast, the Mittendren is a most charming and luxuriously appointed boutique hotel offering just4 rooms in a quiet but well located Kurfurstendamm. We had booked a (Classico) room which was spacious , very comfortable and tastefully decorated-but, it was the personal touch of the hostess (Sabine) which makes this hotel so appealing.( Whether it was organising transport to my conference/personalized tourist information /restaurant bookings- Sabine was a gem). The Mittendren is well located-only minutes from the Ka de We (Berlin"s amazing Department store and a foodies heaven ),close to underground and above ground train stations and great restaurants.For the Conference/Business traveller the Mittendren offers a very appealing alternative to the usual hotel venues. The breakfasts are delicious here. Highly recommended.
"Friendly, helpful and wonderful"
I loved staying at the Mittendrin. It had more of a bed and breakfast feel as Sabine owns and runs the Mittendrin. Helpful, friendly and with excellent English, she is a wonderful host and wants to make sure you get the best from your stay in Berlin. As I am a girl who likes her food, breakfast was not a disappointment. A continental style feast with a great choice. I had a single room and shared a bathroom, but had no issue with that as I was only sharing with one other person. The Mittendrin is a few minutes walk from the Zoologischer Garten and access to the S and U Bahns. Take Sabine's advice if you are there for a few days and get a Welcome to Berlin travel ticket (make sure you ask for Potsdam as well if you intend to go there). As well as travel, you get some pretty good discounts on a variety of things including some restaurants. I would highly recommend the Mittendrin as a place to stay and if I ever find myself in Berlin again, I will be going back!
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Excellent stay, highly recommended!!"
Sabine was a great host. ,he wen't well above and beyond my expectations. As soon as i got to the hotel she was helpful and able to suggest things to do, places to eat, etc. I would highly recommended this BnB!
2 night trip Feb 4, 2014
"Like casa mia"
I could sleep well hearing birds singing merrily in the inner garden. I felt as if I were in my room.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2013
BAIKINMAN
"Amazing place to stay"
I would wholeheartedly recommend Mittendrin to any traveller! It was a fantastic experience; a great environment and such friendly company with Sabine. It was really neat how she joined me for (a delicious!) breakfast each morning. As a solo traveller, I appreciated her company, advice and general information. The boutique guest house is very cozy and welcoming, and she covers all details from food to bedding. The location is perfect, as it provides a lot to see and do within walking distance, and only a short walk to the underground station. It was definitely a nice home away from home, and played a large role in making Berlin an nice city to stay in! Sabine is the perfect hostess!
Other trip Aug 10, 2012
Dana

"A gem of a hotel"
I had a wonderful five-day stay in Mittendrin, a boutique hotel with a cozy atmosphere and a great location. The hotel is very neat and the room has everything one might want or need. However, the stay was very special because of Sabine, the warm and generous hostess. She prepared the amazingly delicious breakfasts, helped me to plan my days, and made me feel like home. We had fun, interesting conversation every morning at breakfast. I'd wholeheartedly recommend Mittendrin to anyone and will definitely stay there the next time I visit Berlin.
5 night trip Aug 23, 2014
FI
"Gute Betreuung, individuelle Note"
Wer die genormten großen Hotels nicht mag und gerne auch mit anderen Gästen ins Gespräch kommen will, der ich hier richtig.
2 night business trip May 8, 2014
Michael Simm
"Ein Glücksgriff"
mittendrin in Berlin liegt hervorragend, direkt neben dem Kudamm. Das Hotel wirkt vom ersten Moment an sehr einladend und die Gastgeberin verstärkt das noch. Hervorragendes Frühstück, sehr schöne Zimmer (ich durfte alle sehen), gute Ausstattung. Hier würde ich gern sofort wieder übernachten!
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
DE
"Fantastisk og personlig service"
Super godt ophold på et centralt beliggende bed & breakfast med en overlegen og personlig service
3 night family trip Dec 29, 2013
DK
"Wohlgefühlt wie nie!"
Äußerst angenehme, persönliche Atmosphäre. Individuell u. sehr gemütlich eingerichtet. Sehr nette, aufmerksame Gastgeberin. Das beste Frühstück seit langem, eingenommen in gemütlicher geselliger Atmosphäre. Zimmer/Badezimmer sehr sauber. Lage zentral nähe Kudamm, trotzdem ruhig.
2 night business trip Nov 29, 2013
"Fantastisk service"
Perfekt läge, fantastisk värdinna, underbar frukost, mycket fina rum och väldigt familjär och hemtrevlig stämning
2 night business trip Oct 4, 2013
Djengiz Scagatay
SE
"Excelente Posada en todo sentido"
Excelente atención, desayuno espectacular, ubicación inmejorable, limpieza impecable. No muy buena la subida con maletas de la media escalera para llegar al ascensor y luego otra media escalera para llegar a la entrada de la posada. El colchón de mi cama habitación mediterránea en regular estado ( se me comento que se va a cambiar a corto plazo). Para los amantes del aire acondicionado ( NO HAY), en verano hace calorcito y hay que dejar ventana abierta, en el caso de la habitación mediterránea la ventana da a un jardin interno del edificio y en esta época amanece muy temprano 5 am y los pajaritos cantan desde esa hora.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2013
CO

TripAdvisor reviews for mittendrin

"A home away from home"
04/18/15 Stephen S
We enjoyed our time with Sabine so much that we extended our stay in Berlin. Sabine is a wonderful hostess who will go out of her way to ensure your comfort. The breakfasts are amazing and differ each day. There is just so much! The location is central and public transport easily accessible. Rooms are very comfortable with thoughtful little touches. One of the best!
"Amazing stay!"
04/15/15 YPC70 San Diego, California
We started our Germany vacation with three nights at Mittendrin and it was Amazing. The room was wonderful, Sabine is a fantastic hostess, breakfasts were great, we really enjoyed having breakfast with Sabine and the family that was staying at the same time we were. The location is central and convenient to everything. We could not have chosen a better place.
"Perfect!"
04/04/15 622condo
I stayed for only 2 nights but had the lasting impression of mittendrin as the perfect bed and breakfast in Berlin. It's only 4 rooms but impeccably well put together. The owners- Sabine - is super cool. She helped me make the most of my short time there with her consistently helpful suggestions. and she did my my laundry for a small fee! The breakfasts were the best I had on my European trip. I highly recommend this place for a comfortable , welcoming experience in Berlin. I know I'll be staying there again if I go back!
"Best Weekend Ever"
03/31/15 The_Ronens Haifa, Israel
We stayed here for 4 nights on March. It was simply wonderful ! The location is excellent, just in the center near everything - you can walk or take a bus or the U bahn in few minutes. The Zoo, and many shops and restaurants are all nearby. The room was great - large, beautifully decorated to the last detail. Everything new, clean and in perfect condition. The bed was very comfortable too. The bathroom was across the hallway but this didn't cause any difficulty. It is also very large and equipped, including bathrobes. The huge breakfast was great, with multiple choices, all fresh and delicious. Breakfast was served very beautifully and invitingly in the dinning room, where all the guest (a total of four during our stay) sat together with Sabine - our hostess for a common breakfast. We loved the hospitality of Sabine and the opportunity to meet with the other guests and share experience and tips for the upcoming day. Sabine made every effort to take care of all our needs, including warm welcome on our late check in, left us chocolate and fruits in the room every morning, gave us excellent suggestion for exploring the city and made us early breakfast on our last morning before flight back home. Thank you Sabine for a great stay !
"Fabulous accommodation and lovely host"
03/18/15 lynne_duxbury Manchester, United Kingdom
Weed stayed 3 nights in this gorgeous apartment/accommodation. Extremely high standard, lovely touches, excellent location, Sabine our host so welcoming. Berlin itself was a brilliant weekend break, and made all the more special by staying at the Mittendrin. I would recommend The Mitt most highly.
"Luxury stay in Berlin with the best hostess!"
03/01/15 Apollon x Stavanger, Norway
I stayed here for 10 nights during the Berlinale film festival and received a very warm welcome by Sabine. Location is excellent, right at the Kürfurstendamm (few minutes from Kadewe) with many nice restaurants nearby and U-bahn stop minutes away. Rooms are stylish, coosy and simply immaculate. Breakfast is huge with lot of choices. (too much to mention here!) so you wont leave hungry in the morning. ;) A very nice touch is that Sabine also takes time to eat breakfast with her guests so there is lots of time to get to know eachother and sharing stories which was very enjoyable and interesting. Sabine also gave a lot of great advices of things to do in Berlin. I already booked my next stay here!
"Simply Wonderful!"
01/04/15 OnTourCVH
We stayed here for 3 nights in November and I can't think of enough superlatives to describe our stay...it was simply wonderful! The location is excellent, a few mins walk from the zoological station and U bahn, which made travelling around Berlin so easy and close to lots of bars, restaurants and shops. We stayed in the romantic room which was beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and the bed was so comfy. The bathroom was across the hallway but this didn't cause any difficulty. The breakfasts were fresh, plentiful and we really enjoyed chatting to other guests of a morning. But by far and away the best thing about staying here is Sabine - she was welcoming, knowledgable and really goes out of her way to make your stay everything you want it to be!
"you can't forget the breakfasts"
12/19/14 Zureten Istanbul, Turkey
The Mittendrin’s nice, kind, amazing and sophisticated hostess Sabine made our stay one to remember. . Every detail had been thought of, from bathrobes to a fruit bowl and chocolates. The breakfast was delicious and rich, and we sat with Sabine and the other guests at a large table and conversations were legendary. The location is perfect - quiet, close to transport, cultural highlights and shopping Sabine’s professional service, very good tips for Berlin and friendly manner made this the ideal place for us to stay in… I will be back with my family!
"Beautiful boutique hotel"
12/18/14 snooba France
We had a wonderful stay at Hotel Mittendrin. We were welcomed by Sabine, the vivacious hostess, with a glass of champagne. The Romantic Room was even more beautiful than in the pictures, and was very comfortable and spacious. She showed us the other rooms, which were also very nice. Every detail had been thought of, from bathrobes and slippers to a fruit bowl and chocolates, to a cd player and iphone docking station. The breakfast was delicious and copious, and we sat with Sabine and the other guests at a large table: she even brought out more champagne for weekend breakfasts. Nothing was too much trouble for Sabine, who helped us with restaurant suggestions and reservations, directions to places of interest and printing out our boarding passes. On the last day we were allowed a late check out as I was ill, and wanted to rest in the hotel before getting the flight home in the evening. I cannot recommend Mittendrin highly enough for anyone who wants a more personalised stay in Berlin than that offered by the big hotels.
"Wonderful host, beautiful accommodations, and delicious breakfast"
11/20/14 Katie H Minneapolis, Minnesota
My husband and I stayed at mittendrin during the 3.5 days we were in Berlin, and our stay was exceptional. We arrived early on a Sunday morning on an overnight train (7:30 a.m.), and I had asked Sabine if it would be possible to drop our bags with her so that we wouldn't have to worry about them before checking in. Not only did she tell us that wouldn't be a problem at all, but she also invited us to breakfast even though all of the rooms still had guests staying in them! And breakfast - what a spread. I wish I would have taken a picture. Fresh donut holes, croissants with homemade jam, overflowing baskets of breads, plates of cheeses and meats, any kind of tea you'd like, coffee, juice, and - depending on the day - scrambled eggs, soft-boiled eggs, or sausage. Sabine was an amazing hostess, catering to our every need - even gluten free bread for my husband! I had studied in Berlin for a year in college, so I spent time talking with Sabine (and whatever guests, friends, acquaintances stopped by in the morning) in German. However, Sabine also speaks great English, which helped to include my husband in the conversation - politics, education, etc - so interesting! Sabine gave us helpful suggestions on what to do and where to go - including a gluten free restaurant! - and every day we came back to a perfectly arranged room and cleaned bathroom - she even aired out the bedding every day! Speaking of, the room we had - the Modern Room - was gorgeous. High ceilings, molding, perfectly contrasting contemporary furniture and warm colors. What a haven to come home to! And the private bathroom (across the hallway) was humongous and bright - and came with robes and slippers to scamper back and forth with from the shower). As if this wasn't enough, Sabine also - when I mentioned I needed to do laundry - offered to do a load - wash/dry/fold - for 10 Euro. What a huge convenience and time saver! And then, on our last day, after breakfast she insisted that we make ourselves "to go" sandwiches and breads so that we would have snacks on our 5 hour train to Prague. Wonderful host, beautiful accommodations, and delicious breakfast. It really doesn't get any better than mittendrin and Sabine.