All hotels in Tokyo, Japan

Dirty
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"Extremely convenient"
The hotel is in a convenient location (close to public transportation), check in and out was very easy and the staff was helpful. The facility itself, was more than sufficient. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night trip Feb 7, 2015
"Pleasant hotel"
Standard business hotel - room was small but fine, a little older than I hoped for at the price but totally fine. Convenient location close to a subway station.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Small room, but great hotel at affordable price"
Got a small double at a great price (maybe at some discounted day?). The room was very small, but the accommodations were great. Good front desk service and good quality bathroom amenities and such. Location was also very close to public transport.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"APA hotel"
Good location. 5 mins slow walk to the subway. Lots of eateries around the hotel.
2 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Edwin
"satisfied"
Location was great!
5 night romance trip Nov 20, 2014
"Uncaring staff and dirty room - never again"
I have been visiting Japan for the past 20+ years - this was the first time I had ever had a dirty room. I complained to the staff who were not really interested - didn't even want to see the photo's I had take to explain the problem. Only when I spoke in Japanese did they offer to change my room. Not great but at least clean. I will not stay here again.
2 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
"Sorry state of rooms"
We stayed 5 days. Some times the AC was not working. They said that was because out side it was cold. We were told to open the window. We had no early intimation that the room was so small. No room even to keep the bags and move about.
6 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
"A hotel."
The hotel's location was perfect - in between Akasaka-Mitsuke and Akasaka station - making travel extremely easy and all travel destinations (from Yokohama to the Sky Tree) within an hours' reach. The area is perfect for night owls, with tons of shops opened even 'til 12am. Don Quijote's Picasso opens until 5am, last I checked! As for the hotel itself, it is small, but as expected of a business hotel. Every thing was all right, and the staff were especially helpful. One tiny grumble is that the room smelled kinda weird, and needed quite a while for it to dissipate.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Averlyn
"convenient location"
good location - near Akasaka-Mitsuke subway station (5 mins walk), serviced by a few Tokyo subway lines, plenty restaurants and convenience stores nearby, small room.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
MC
MY
"ConvenientLocation with focused services"
Except the room is too small for us,the overall services especially the front desk employees are very helpful, we enjoyed our stay here.
4 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Lucky
"Nice hotel close to all sorts of shopping"
Lovely hotel with staff that are very accommodating. Great cafe on ground floor with good food and coffee. Would gladly stay there again.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"an older APA Hotel."
I usually stay in an APA because I love the beds but this one is one of the older ones and was in below average condition with smaller than average room size. One point to note is the surrounding neighbourhood. After my long trip I needed a massage so I went a few doors up and saw a sign. It had a sign of a woman being massaged and foot rubs etc, so I thought why not. Unfortunately half an hour in she started to interfere with my undercarriage and it was all downhill from there. I kept asking her to massage my shoulders but she wouldn't stop going for my tallywacker and backdoor donut. Most awkward hour of my life. Turns out the area is pretty much a red light district.
3 night trip May 19, 2014
Small room but just great for the price Great location
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"City base."
Clean, compact room, good facilities. Ideal base to explore the city, and get over jetlag. Good location with restaurants and cafes in the surrounding streets and metro close by.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
"Tiny rooms"
Rooms are tiny, provide no comfort at all. No place to put your lagged. Bathroom is very small.
2 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"Small rooms"
Good for solo travel.
2 night family trip Mar 21, 2014
SG
"Smelly room, lousy service"
This was my 6th time to Japan and I generally stay in Akasaka at various other hotels. I can say that this was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at in Japan. The rooms are exceptionally small and very well worn. The carpets in the rooms need a thorough industrial cleaning - the hotel has been neglected for a long time. There was an air purifiers/filter in the room but it was caked in dust and unusable. The room also claimed to include a humidifier, but all that was included was a small steamer unit that was part of the kettle and was more or less ineffective. I called reception to let them know i had laundry for pick up and they told me I had to bring it to the front desk(first time this has ever happened to me) and when my laundry was ready they made me pay for it before they gave it back and wouldn't let me charge it to my room. The room was very hot and I was informed that the cold controls were turned off for the season and i was forced to leave the window open and sleep with ear plugs because of the noise. And the washroom really smelled bad, as it didn't have adequate ventilation. It has a general toilet/outhouse smell and i left the door closed so the entire room didn't smell. I can't recommend this hotel unless your on a budget and only would like to stay one or two nights. The staff are quite pleasant and are helpful, but the state of the rooms does not justify the cost.
4 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
Ryan
Rooms were way too small, and front desk people unwilling to help with any issues we had
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2013
"OK stay"
Room was not clean when we arrive - for the 4 nights we stayed seems the carpet spot where it has dirt and stuff are still there. Dust on the edge of the desk are the same four nights we stayed. Bathroom and bed are cleaned though.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
"Room Size"
Rooms was too small. I transferred to a Hotel with bigger rooms,But service and cleanliness were good.
5 night family trip Dec 2, 2013
zurcca
PH
"Room smelled of cigarette smoke"
I was given a smokers room and it smelled of cigarettes. Room was small but sufficient. The bed and comforters was great , slept in comfort. This was better than the 4 star hotel I stayed in Bangkok. I am not sure why they allow guests to smoke in their rooms. If it weren't for the smoke smelling room it was perfect for the price considering its Tokyo.
1 night business trip Nov 22, 2013
Victor
"Perfectly reasonable"
Basically fine if a bit expensive - but I did book a week before for a Saturday night. Rooms are small with pod type bathroom and no room to open a suitcase properly other than on the bed. Location is good, very near well connected metro stop - straight through to Shinjuku, Shibuya and Ginza - and with a selection of reasonable restaurants.
2 night trip Nov 2, 2013
"Tokyo for the first time"
The area was very safe to wander in, trying to find a place to eat. Being a business centre, on the weekend, it was pleasantly quiet for Tokyo. The room was similar to travelling in a trailer, and was confining for two people - but this was expected. Very clean, and the breakfast in the morning was more than adequate.
3 night family trip Oct 18, 2013
Joan
"inexpensive room in Tokyo"
Although cramped for space, the rooms were extremely clean, the staff friendly, and price extremely affordable for Tokyo. Breakfast in the morning was reasonable (booked with room), and easy to hop the subway.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Joan
"Japan style business hotel - great price inky room"
Newer hotel, excellent location, very reasonable price, rooms small so be ready. Bathroom features toto but step up small size as if in an RV. Staff helpful, speaks some English and this hotel is very close to airport limo bus pick up/ drop off-I block. Try AnAn restaurant , 1 block away- amazing home made tofu nice sake selection. I will stay again.
2 night business trip Sep 28, 2013
"Over priced"
Extremely small room for that price.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"Clean, no frills hotel at good location"
Tiny clean rooms...no frills. Location is great for business and sight seeing.
3 night trip Sep 12, 2013
"small room, but good location"
Like most other APA hotels, the location is close to train or subway stations. And also similar is how small the rooms are. The hotel doesn't have do not disturb signs available to put on doors, so wake up calls from maids are unavoidable (and shouldn't be).
4 night business trip Aug 7, 2013
"Great location, but room was smaller than expected"
I suspect that this area of Tokyo is quite expensive because the room was much smaller / less luxurious than I had expected. The location however is ideal - very close to the subway and also a pretty little shrine across the main road. The hotel staff, like all in Japan, were exceptionally helpful and I cannot fault the hotel in any way. I think my expectations were a little high after moving to this hotel from another area of Tokyo, which is probably much cheaper (i.e. the same price hotel there had a much nicer / bigger room).
2 night business trip Jul 27, 2013
"Incredibly small room"
Location is great as it's close to subway and surrounded by lots of restaurants. However the room is way too small even by Tokyo standard. Fortunately I just stayed there for a night as transition and brought along a bag. Otherwise I really could not have opened a proper luggage in the room. I struggled to find a place to stand with my bag on the floor. It was also the only hotel among the three I had stayed in Tokyo which could not provide me with an adaptor - so make sure you bring your own or you couldn't charge your electronic appliance.
1 night trip with friends Jun 30, 2013
"Average"
The location of this hotel was good, near a subway, restaurants etc.. Other than that, not a. Whole lot more..
3 night family trip Jun 12, 2013
Great location !!! Would stay in this hotel again, but the room is too small.
Other trip Jun 20, 2013
"Good location, average hotel"
Chose to stay at APA villa because it was close to my office and was one of the few hotel rooms available during my trip. The room is quite tiny as with most economy hotels in Tokyo. Chose to include breakfast in my room rate which was not a good idea. The breakfast selection is quite limited.
2 night business trip May 15, 2013
"Small"
Wow, this room was of at all what I expected. We stayed in a double room and it was SO small... Not just like yeah kinda small, but TINY. We couldn't even move past each other without one of us having to sit on the bed. There was definitely no room for two medium sized suitcases. The photos are deceiving. The bed was so weird we both sunk into the middle and ended up with really really sore backs! We were so disappointed with this hotel. They also only let us have one door key card. The only good thing about this hotel is it was clean and all the staff were nice. Either way, I would NEVER stay here again, I've stayed in roomier dorms. Sincerely
Other trip May 7, 2013
"good location"
Small rooms, very clean. Good location in the middle of Akasaka. Close to Midtown and Roppongi.
5 night trip Apr 25, 2013
PH

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Good location but not so easy access from Airport"
location is good at Akasaka area, easy access to Shibuya Shinjyuku all the main places. one thing bad is,,, difficult to access from the Haneda or Narita airport. There is no limo bus from the airport to Akasaka area and if u taake a metro difficult to move with big cargo bag.. no choice to take the cab from the main station(ex Shinjyuku or Shibuya etc)
4 night business trip Feb 13, 2016
Emi
JP
"Room is too small and still pricey"
I paid almost 200 USD for a small room with a single bed plus a minimal-size bathroom. Apparently it was a high season for Hanami in the neighborhood but still I don't think I had enough bang for the bucks I spent. If I had more time to look for better places, this would have been definitely the last one I would pick.
2 night business trip Mar 30, 2016
DONGJUN
KR
地點非常好。 房間偏小,價格有點高。 如可以稍微調降一些更好。
3 night romance trip Apr 3, 2016
YING HAO
TW
"赤坂、赤坂見附駅からアクセス良好"
会社の近くなので利用しました。 赤坂、赤坂見附の両方のからアクセス良好です。 設備的にはいたって普通、可もなく不可もなく、特筆すべきところはありません。 チェックアウト時に荷物を預かってもらおうとしたところ、フロントに10分ほど待たされました。朝礼か何かあったのだと思いますが、要改善点だと思われます。 フロントに用事がなければカードキーをボックスに返却で、素早くチェックアウト出来ます。
2 night business trip Mar 13, 2016
JP
Nằm ở vị trí trung tâm Tokyo, thuận lợi đi tham quan và mua sắm, phòng sạch sẽ, nhân viên phục vụ tốt
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2016
Thang
VN
"Good location but very small room"
Good location but very small room, no space to put luggage. Only 1 electric socket in the room !
4 night business trip Mar 16, 2016
"もう少しリーズナブルに‥"
価格と部屋のサイズが合っていません。狭いと思いました。
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2016
"よく確かめずに喫煙の部屋にしてたので失敗。"
何度も利用していますので、ホテル自体に特に問題はないのですが、たまたま申し込み時によく確認しなかったのか、予約されていた部屋が喫煙用の部屋だったので、部屋全体にタバコの臭いがしみついていて閉口しました。消臭剤も備え付けられているので使わせていただきましたが、どうにも臭いは消えませんでした。ホテルの責任ではないのですが、申し込みに際してはよく確認した方がよいという教訓です。
2 night business trip Mar 2, 2016
"快適"
赤坂見附駅から近く、周りもお店が多いので便利。部屋は清潔で快適。コスパ良いと思う。
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2016
"残念"
清掃はされてる様子ですが、あまり清潔感が感じられなかったこと、トイレが故障していて冷水排出が止まらなかったこと、シャワーの温度が使用中に上がったり下がったりして適温で使用できなかったこと、残念でした。 値段の割には、残念なことが多かった。
2 night business trip Jan 13, 2016
"離地鐵很近,週邊相當方便"
地段不錯,很熱鬧,週邊很便利,離地鐵很近,搭車到成田空港方便,但房間太~小,行動不便,服務人員態度有點冷漠,比較適合臨時住或休息。
Other trip Jan 16, 2016
TW
"무난한 비즈니스호텔"
위치는 정말 좋습니다. 아카사카미츠케 역 바로 근처기도 하고 공항 리무진을 타고 와도 걸어서 2~3분 거리에 있을 만큼 위치는 정말 좋아요. 객실도 깔끔하게 관리되고 있으며 직원들도 매우 친절합니다. 한가지 단점은 방음이 잘 안 되요. 옆방 수도 소리가 너무 크게 들리는 부분이 있습니다만 그 외에는 매우 만족합니다.
3 night business trip Jan 7, 2016
KR
"Buona posizione camere troppo piccole"
L'hotel è in una buona posizione, posto tranquillo e pieno di locali/ristoranti. La metro è vicinissima. Le camere sono molto piccole, troppo direi. Sono stato in altri APA hotel, sempre con camere piccole, ma nel Villa Hotel sono oggettivamente invivibili per due persone. In camera c'era troppo caldo ed il letto era scomodo.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015