All hotels in Tokyo, Japan
2-21-10 Higashi Ueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Tokyo-to, 110-0015, Japan, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Showing some age"
Tiny rooms, but that's normal in Japan at this price level. What was surprising was the old-style use of metal keys on long plastics sticks that you leave at the front desk when going out. Rooms were clean, but had no pot for boiling water. Bathrooms very small. Desk staff ultra-friendly. Convenient location in quiet neighborhood. Overall, it reminds me of hotels in which I stayed 20 or 30 years ago in Japan.
"Very basic"
"Old-style hotel"
3 night business trip May 21, 2015
"Great stay at a budget price"
Overall very good. Extremely close to both JR Ueno Station and Ginza line. The hotel is a budget price but very tidy and clean. I'd recommend anyone who seeks price/performance.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Albert
Great hotel. Located near to the Ueno station, so it made getting around Tokyo quite easy. Really enjoyed my stay here!
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Ameyoko business hotel"
Close to Ameyoko street market(five minute brisk walk), and near the Ueno train station(ten minute brisk walk) but dragging more than a roll on would be pain full(catch a cab, worth the $6.00 if you have luggage). Great location to be near many different local eating places(inexpensive $5-15) or eat sushi till you cannot move for under $25. Its a Business hotel slightly larger rooms, a good value! Located in a quiet neighborhood.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
STEVEN
"Nice location"
The location of the hotel was about 3 mins away from the the ueno station which is very good especially if you are planning to travel around by train. The staff is very helpful and very nice. One thing that I didn't like was that, it smelled like ciggerettes in the entrance. But other than that, really good hotel. Also you can only recieve wifi when you are in the lobby.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
carlos
The hotel is very well located. However in spite of the fact that I ask for a non smoker room, my room smelt very strongly the cigarette. The hotel is very noisy and very smelly (smell cigarette was so strong that it wake me up during the night and yet I am a smoker...)Alos, I ask a single room and the view from my window for a wall close from 1 meter to the window, no need to say that there is no natural light in teh room.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
I stayed at the Ueno Terminal Hotel in October 2013 for seven days. It was my first trip to Japan. I chose this hotel because of its location in Ueno, Japan, and proximity to the Ueno Station (JR Rail) and subway (walking distance). The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They went above and beyond to assist and accommodate me during my stay. My room was smaller than I'm used to, but was very comfortable. For the amount of time I planned on being in the room, I had all I needed - a clean bed and a place to shower. It was also nice that the cafe Pronto was connected to the hotel. Great for breakfast. I actually got to see some MLB playoff baseball there. :) Connectivity was spotty at times. Generally, all of Tokyo could be that way. Might want to rent a portable hotspot device during your stay. I don't know that I would stay here again if my stay would be longer than 7 days (only because of size of the room), but overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I would recommend them to anyone looking for convenience and a realistic Japanese experience.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Traci
"Stay At Ueno Terminal Hotel"
Arrived after 4:30 PM. Check in was no problem, Room was ready. Room was on the 4th Floor. Room clean,ready. Hotel Staff friendly,polite. Hotel close to the JR station 5 min walk. Lawson's store just down the street. Restaurant food very good and not over priced. Hotel area quite. All site seeing sites within walking distance of hotel 5 minutes,Ueno Park, Ueno Zoo and museums. I stayed for 7 days.
Other trip May 10, 2014
Keith
"Just what you need!"
Great place that is close to Ueno station. Rates are good and the wifi is strong and fast. I would definitely stay here again. Clean place and the hotel staff is nice.
Other trip May 1, 2014
"Very Pleasant Stay"
Very friendly people, approx 5 min walk to ueno station, keisei ueno station, ameyoko street and metro station. Nice and peaceful place.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
"Very convenient and clean hotel."
Easy access to Narita, Central Tokyo area. Hotel staffs are very polite and kind.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Sho
"close to everything"
We enjoyed our stay at the hotel the only complaint I would have is that I ended with bronchitis at the end of my week long trip and I was close to a smoking room that I ended up not being able to sleep so well from coughing from the smoke inhalation. The bathrooms were kind of small I am a bit on the heavier side and it was not easy maneuvering but all in all great hotel would stay there again if I ever visit Japan again.
1 night trip Mar 18, 2014
"Convenient Hotel Close to Ueno Station in Tokyo"
My room had everything I needed: Fast no-hassle (in logging on) free wireless internet that works. Had both bath tub and shower, heated toilet with bidet (don't need), plenty of hot (I don't mean lukewarm) water for shower, ample lighting. Not everything above can be said of economy hotels in general, which often lack this or that. Only negative here is that everything is miniature in size - room, bed. elevator, "lobby", etc - consistent with the price tag (the smaller the better). It is pretty close to the various Ueno stations - 1 minute to the Ginza line subway nearest entrance, 5 minutes to the JR station entrance, and 8 minutes to the Keisei Railway station entrance, so it depends on which railway line you are talking about. Hotel is 2-3 minutes off the busy road, so it's quiet. Yet, most shops are within 3-4 minutes walk, and there are plenty of them near the Ueno stations. There is both a casual semi-western proletariat restaurant and a fancier Japanese restaurant in the hotel building and good eateries a stone throw away. Throw the stone somewhat further you can reach really cheap noodle shops near the station. I booked this place because of its proximity to the stations and its price tag. It's got everything I needed, short of the grandeur of luxury hotels.
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
Budget traveler
By far this is the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at… It felt like stepping into a 3rd world country. If I was only here for 1 or 2 nights I would have dealt with it but this was supposed to be a 10 night stay. After not sleeping at all for 1 night (the stench from the hallway was truly terrible) I checked out the next morning. The staff didn’t really understand what was going on but hotels.com was able to request a refund for the remaining 9 nights. From there I booked a hotel at APA in Kanda. Issues: 1. After specifying “non-smoking” I was put in a smoking room because all of the non-smoking were already booked out (I booked this hotel a month earlier). It took over 1 hour to resolve this issue because of huge language barriers. 2. The entire floor I was on smelled like rotten cabbage, mixed with someone’s dead animal and cigarette smoke. The smell came from the hallway but the doors didn’t really do much to keep the smell out of the room… even with the window open. 3. The entire room felt nasty but that could have had to deal more with the smell rather than how clean it was. 4. Walls and doors provided no sound barrier. The door was hallow and I assume the walls didn’t have any insolation in them as I could hear everything that was being said in the next room. 5. The bed was so hard it felt like they just draped a sheet over a table. The things I liked about this hotel: 1. Extremely close to Ueno station (2-3 minute walk)
10 night trip Jan 15, 2014
I will book this hotel again.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
irene
"Pleasant Stay."
I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights, and enjoyed every moment. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms are small, but it is in the largest city in the world. The hotel is close to the metro station, making traveling around the city easy. I will stay at this hotel again on my next trip to Tokyo.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
"Nice hotel is close to Ueno station."
I got free drink tickets whis not clean room during of my stay.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
Hiromi
"Looking for disappointment?"
Well, here it is. I will not stay here ever again. No wifi access in the rooms or lobby. The entire building structure is old and obsolete. Rooms are filthy and the furnitures are worn maybe came from the 1970s. Check out is at an no mercy 10am morning check out. What else could you possibly ask for from a hotel?
1 night trip Sep 4, 2013
"Very nice hotel, clean and near to metro station"
Great experience, you just have to get a pasword for internet access every day. People at The front desk is really nice and a available to help you, the same as people on the streets. Perfect choice!
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Alfonso
"Central location hotel for sight-seeing"
I was exploring Tokyo on my own for three days on a business trip layover. Decided to go with a cheap, decent hotel in a central location, and that's how I ended up with the Ueno Terminal Hotel. Easy to get to the hotel from the aiport by train (via Keisei Line). It was about a 1/4 mile walk from the train station to the hotel. The room was tiny, but served its purpose - a clean and quiet place to rest after full days of sight-seeing. Air conditioning could have been a bit colder - it didn't seem to go very high and Tokyo was hot and humid in July. Room window faced another building wall via a very narrow (3 feet?)alley, but again, I wasn't there all day needing natural light in the room. Bathroom looked like it was a pre-fabricated unit dropped into the hotel room; there was a higher step to get into the bathroom. Bathroom was complete with toilet, sink and bathtub. Bathtub was narrow and small. Toiletry products were provided (shampoo, condition, body wash in pump containers) and were good quality. Toothbrush & toothpaste also provided. Free internet, but you had to get a new password each day. There was a TV in the room, but I never turned it on. Front desk staff spoke limited English.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Eva
"Convenient hotel close to Ueno station"
This hotel has a very convenient location, two blocks from Ueno station, where one arrives on the Kansei line from Narita airport. It is also within walking distance of Ueno park and the museums there, as well as the Ueno market area. A little further is Asakusa. The staff were particularly helpful, and the room was clean and comfortable, despite being a bit small (I guess this is normal for Tokyo). The downsides are that the wireless password is changed daily, and that they are strict about when visitors must leave the room for it to be cleaned.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"My worst experience as a traveller."
I regret that I stayed in this hotel. Free wifi lured me there and they made it available. The room was too small. I requested for non smoking but I doubt if there was a no smoking room. Once you enter their premises you will start to smell cigarette. I should have stayed in my hotel at Narita and then take the train to Tokyo and return later in the day. Next time I will rather stay in a better hotel without wifi than to stay at this hotel.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
Bornmas
"Easy, Convenient, and Comfortable"
This was a nice hotel for the price. As others have said, the single room is a bit small, and my window view was of the side of a building. Overall though, it was a nice experience. Internet was good, the staff fixed up the room/bathroom every afternoon, the location was very close to the Ueno subway station (itself a convenient stop for the Keisei Skyline train from Narita airport), amenities such as 7-11 located nearby, good quality television set, relatively quiet, etc etc. The surrounding area of Ueno was nice as well, containing Ueno Park (with the zoo and National Museum) and local "black" markets (the only place where I found cheap sushi to eat). Shinjuku/Shibuya were only about 30-40 minutes by subway. Negatives: As others have mentioned, the staff's English was not excellent but serviceable. Wi-fi passwords needed to be obtained at the front desk every day. Overall, a very nice hotel. I had a pleasant experience.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"Fantastic Convenient Location & Free Fast WiFI"
I was a sole female traveller to Tokyo. The location of the Hotel was fantastic (right near Ueno Station). The area felt safe and there was lots to do. My room was exceptionally small however, it contained everything I needed and was clean. The free WiFI was fast and worked well (one of my main reasons for picking this hotel) however, you needed to obtain a new password everyday from reception which was a pain. Despite having a non smoking room, I could frequently smell smoke (I think coming through my door from the other rooms). All staff were friendly. I would stay here again just for the location and free WiFI.
8 night trip with friends Mar 26, 2013
"Great hotel for a single traveler"
Great hotel in a terrific location. Only a 5 minute walk from Ueno station, where you can get anywhere in Tokyo/take the shinkansen and a 7 minute walk from Keisei Ueno station where you can get to Narita. Staff is very helpful, the wifi passwords change every day at like 11 am but it's not too big of a deal. Room is very small and minimal but the bathroom is super clean with an awesome toilet. There is a Pronto restaurant attached to the hotel. If you're just looking for a room and don't want to live in a hostel/capsule hotel then this is a great place to consider. Price is not too shabby at all and I would definitely stay here again if I were to visit Tokyo.
Other trip Dec 27, 2012
Allan
"Good hotel"
That's a good hotel, near the station, with a comfortable room.
4 night trip Dec 14, 2012
"5 star convenience"
This hotel is great in terms of cleanliness and convenience. Located only a few minutes away from Ueno station, it is easy to hop aboard local trains, subways or shinkansen to get to where you are heading. Also, the Ueno Keisei station is also nearby with easy access to Narita Airport. Rooms are a tad on the small side, but are easy to get used to. Cleanliness was perfect.
8 night trip Oct 22, 2012
Justin
"Simple, Basic, Convenient"
Good basic hotel. Very convenient location as it is a 5 minute walk from Ueno Station and you can get to most of the major attractions from Ueno Station. The room is small with a bed, desk, tiny refrigerator, TV, toilet, sink, and shower but it was perfect as I just needed a place to sleep and shower. Staff is very friendly and always available. Free Wi-Fi is a big plus. If you are too tired to go out for food the cafe in the lobby and the Japanese restaurant downstairs both serve excellent food. Around the hotel there are many different food establishments and across the street from the station there are tons of Izakaya(Japanese Bars) and other night attractions. There are also good shopping places near the hotel such as department stores, Yamashiroya(Toys, Games, Anime Collectables), Yodobashi Camera(Cameras, Computers, Cell Phones, Personal Care Products,Games, Misc. Electronics), Uniqlo(Affordable, Good Quality Clothes), and many small other small shops.
Other trip Aug 30, 2012
Justin
"convienent location."
friendly staff. clean room.good location.
3 night trip Aug 6, 2012
miyoko
"Great location and room"
First time at the Ueno Terminal Hotel and loved the little place, rooms were small but comfortable, exactly what I was expecting. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The cafe attached to the hotel was very good and proved to be a definite asset. Will definitely look into staying here again next time in town!!! I was traveling with my elderly Dad so we weren't sight seeing and used the hotel to recover from flight before heading on to final destination so I would've liked cable TV - for English programs.
2 night trip Aug 20, 2012
mr. walter

"2 weeks solo trip"
I was on a solo trip for 2 weeks. The reception was very friendly but spoke limited English. The room was great and clean for this price point. I read that wifi was poor in this hotel, I do not know because I brought my own pocket wifi (but their router was placed in plain sight just beside the elevator, I don't think that can be good). It is extremely near to Ueno Station. If you have a JR pass, it will be easy for you to use the Tohoku/Joetsu Shinkansen to go wherever you like. If you would like to use the Tokaido Shinkansen, that will require you to travel to Tokyo station (4 stations via JR Yamanote Line). The toilet is tiny but clean. The toothbrush provided was stiff and horrible, I suggest you bring your own toothbrush. Pillow was a little too hard but I sleep anywhere so that worked fine after a while. There's no laundry service but you can approach the reception to point you to the nearest coin laundry where you can wash and dry your clothes (5 mins walk).
13 night trip Mar 17, 2015
Justin Paul
"Room Without a View"
The single room was tiny. Really tiny. The window faced the wall of the adjacent building barely a metre away. That building's piping and air conditioning ducts stuck out and were really close to the hotel room windows. Upon entering the room in the late afternoon light, the shadows cast by these pipes gave the impression of a bars on a cell window. If you suffer claustrophobia, this room is not for you. Rooms 01-05 face this wall. So do other rooms at the rear. The hotel building is located at a road junction with 2 sides facing the street, and the other 2 sides facing adjoining buildings. Most Japanese hotels typically offer complimentary green tea bags with a small kettle in their rooms but not this property. The condition of the room while clean enough looked tired and threadbare.The neighbourhood is nondescript with some small businesses and a couple of restaurants which did not appear busy. Arriving at the Keisei Skyliner Ueno Terminal, it is a 20-minute walk from the station to the hotel with luggage. One has to navigate obstacles such as stairs, bridges and vehicular barriers. It is quite a challenge to do so as the pavement is uneven in parts of the route. If you arrive by subway, look for exit 3 of the Hibiya Line which is closest to the street the hotel in on. Stay here only as a last resort.
3 night trip Sep 30, 2014
Kit L
SG
"Good hotel for a short trip"
This is my tenth time staying in Ueno Terminal Hotel and I am a very pleased repeat customer, mainly because of it's proximity to Ueno Station. Hotel staff are friendly, understands English and tries their best to help in their ability. Wireless Internet might be flaky though, especially when you're located right at the last room along the corridors.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Evan
"highly overrated"
Rooms were very small and bathroom so small leaves you with bruises. Wifi also unreliable, only worked when standing near the front door. Used wifi analyser app and signal weak on entire floor (4th). Told reception but fobbed off. Window also facing wall and vent so no natural light coming in. Didn't want to risk swapping rooms in case wifi signal got worse. Needs refurb. Decor is old, looks like from 80's or 90's. Also, on one occasion i was given dirty bath towel. No laundry facilities. Hotel is on street a that's dead but very near station and tourist attractions around ueno and asakusa area. Best and only decent thing about hotel is location.
5 night trip Aug 30, 2014
welltravelled
"Comfortable and close to Ueno JR Station"
This a very tidy and comfortable business hotel. It is a 5 minute walk from Ueno JR station, and is located in a quiet back street with very little noise. The room was small (as with all Japanese hotels!) but was clean, well equipped with amenities such as shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, and had a decent sized bed. The free WiFi was consistently good with strong signal and reasonable speed. Numerous restaurants and bars are within 10 minutes walk in the area between Ueno and Okatchimatchi stations. The staff were friendly and helpful, and spoke enough English to answer most queries. I will stay here again on my next visit to Tokyo.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Geoff
"Typical small Japanese business hotel."
I give it a perfect score because for what it is it is exactly that. A typical 6000 yen Ueno business hotel. I prefer another one down the street but it's usually full first. Other wise staff is great, location is good for Ueno eki and its quiet. Not the place you want to spend a lot of time in but there is a lot to do around the station so that more than makes up for it.
1 night business trip May 18, 2014
Developer
"Perfect for what I needed"
I was very happy with this hotel. I stayed for 19 days, so I had a long time to fully assess it! I got the room at a very reasonable rate considering its great location, and for the quality of stay I received. My overall impression was good and I would definitely use this hotel again. The only points for improvement were: 1) no kettle in my room, 2) my hairdryer seemed dodgy, the plug got very hot! 3) The internet service was quite poor. I could never connect using my laptop in my room, only a little bit on my phone. If wifi is extremely important to you then this hotel may not be a good option! Otherwise, everything was great. The bed was clean and comfortable, the room was small but if you expect anything else you probably shouldn't be visiting Japan! The TV and mini fridge worked well. The water was hot (and yes the bath was small, but again this is standard in Japan!) and my room was perfectly quiet at night. The housekeeping staff were fantastic, always working hard and always saying hello. The reception staff also made an effort to speak English even when I spoke Japanese to them, and there was always someone around to help, even to lift my suitcase down the short flight of stairs at the front of the hotel. The area was quiet and safe even late at night. Best of all, the hotel was very close to the station, and if you take the underground route there is a 100% stepfree route from both the Keisei Ueno and Ueno station.
19 night trip with friends Mar 30, 2014
Emily
"Ueno Terminal Hotel"
Decent business hotel near Ueno JR station, in quiet district, but rooms can be a bit cramped. Usual facilities such as pay TV but no kettles in rooms! The free Wi Fi they advertise is only in the lobby and you have to ask for a new password every day, but it is free. Staff are helpful (sometimes I think foreign guests ought to learn a bit more Japanese...). General ambience is a bit old fashioned, as in 1990, but in all it's good for its class.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Phil
"Perfect location!"
The location is just nice. Very near from Ueno station.
2 night trip with friends Apr 6, 2014
"Convenient Stay"
5 mins from Ueno station, close to the energetic district with lots of food, electronic, games, shopping...and Ueno Park and Zoo. During the cherry blossom season it's a famous distination.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Brotherho
"Clean & Great Location & Value for money"
Less than 5mins walk to the nearest train station (ie JR Ueno, Tokyo Metro Ueno & Keisei line). Room is clean with sufficient toiletries. Simple and value for money. They allow to drop luggage before check in time and send luggage to your room when it's ready.
3 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Convenient"
The hotel is very close to the Ueno railway station. Very convenient and near shopping district.
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
Carine
SG
"Trusty little business hotel that you can count on"
Convenient stores available in abundance within a 5 minute walk from the hotel's doorstep. Relatively close to the Ueno main station, the hotel is situated 5 minutes away from Exit 3 of the Tokyo Metro Subway system where the Hibiya line runs.
2 night trip Feb 9, 2014
Evan
"Decent but expensive"
Hotel was OK. A bit pricey for the size and type of room. Clean but bathroom was very small. The staff was nice and helpful. Biggest complain is WiFi. Very weak in room and had to get a new code per person per device every day after 12. Close to Tokyo Metro exit 3 but far from all other others. Might stay again but not preferred.
4 night trip Jan 14, 2014
Z-Fam
"Clean and quick"
I had to catch an early flight to Narita, and the location is great. A little old looking, with the lobby looking a bit shabby. The rooms are a bit old. However, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the rooms are very clean. Also, its very close to Ueno station and the room was cheap. Overall, I was pleased with what I payed for :D
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
TristanM
"good location , near to station"
happy to stay there and will recomend friends to it
3 night trip with friends Nov 5, 2013
lawrence
SG
"Alright hotel with this price"
The hotel is not difficult to find, just need to cross the bridge to the other side of the road then is easy to locate. The few step of stairs is not good for heavy luggage, but friendly hotel staff will assist hotel guest to carry them. Internet wi-fi password change everyday is a bit of hassle, but after a few days of stay, they recycle password then no need to ask for new one anymore. The desk is really small and not enough space. The bed is quite comfortable as I like hard mattress. Bathroom is alright, sometimes has sewage smell, but hotel staff clean them everyday so should be alright. Overall alright experience with this price..
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Cammy
HK
"Good location near Ueno"
The twin room was easily accommodating for two males. Except the bathroom was really tiny and took some strategic layout of body parts to ensure you fit on the toilet. Which btw was excellent. Warm seat, water spraying at everything. As for location, really close to Ueno Station, which is right next to the Zoo, a stack of museums, the Skyliner airport line, and also this area is quite authentic in that there are narrow roads, random little restaurants that disappear underground, and there is some fun shopping with people selling seafood, shoes, jewellery etc. I'd recommend this place.
5 night trip with friends Sep 7, 2013