All hotels in Mai Khao, Thailand
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here128/2 Moo 3, Thalang District, Mai Khao, Phuket, 83110, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Wonderful."
The hotel was further from the airport than expected, about a 20 minute ride (It said ~3mi). It was clean and beautiful. The hotel staff was very accomodating. We were greeted with a welcome drink and the staff brought us and our baggage to our room with a golf cart, since the grounds are pretty expansive. We had a bit of a hard time locating the breakfast, but it was great once found. This resort has a huge pool and beach views. I wish we would have been able to stay longer.
1 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
LUIS
"Hotel was ok"
Hotel was ok
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2013
"Better Value is Available"
This hotel should be rated as 3 stars. It caters to organized tours. If you are not part of a tour group or don't sign up for one of their local tours you are ignored and put at the bottom of the list. For instance, one of our part scheduled the hotel van for 1830 the day before to take her to an event. Next day, the timing for the van was confirmed. The van didn't show at 1830. At 1900 she had to walk to another resort to find a taxi and was 45 minutes late. After a few days we didn't bother asking the hotel for anything except to check that they had give us soap, shampoo and other consumables.
Other trip Feb 23, 2013
Al.
"Basic, but for a good price"
The biggest issue was checking in because the only person working that night didn't speak a word of English. The room was basic but okay for the price. It is quite expensive to get here by taxi and to go anywhere from the resort.
1 night family trip Apr 30, 2012

"Overpriced, Useless Aircon and terrible food."
Thank god we had just one night. This hotel would have been OK if it'd been half the price but at near $140 for the night it was totally overpriced. The room safe wasn't even attached to the wall so was utterly useless. The food was terrible in the disgracefully overpriced hotel restaurant. We should have realized when we saw that we were the ONLY customers but we assumed that was because of the obnoxious volume of the music scaring people off. Lastly and most importantly, the air conditioning unit in the room was one of those prehistoric 'built-in' ones that sound like a partially shot down spitfire and provide as much cooling as you could expect from a burp in the face after a cold drink. Rubbish.
1 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
Gavin
The location is far from town but near to airport
1 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
SG
"One night relaxation"
The rooms were in poor condition, first room the lights didn't work, second room the wooden floor was coming coming apart and rotten in places. Room service didn't answer the phone and reception couldn't speak English.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014

"Fin de vacances à mai kao"
Personnel très acceuillant et agréable.
4 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
Johanna
FR
"Super fint sted væk fra tourisme."
Familie med børn på 5 og 7 år.. Boede tæt på vandet og restauranten. Fin morgen buffet med stort udvalg. Fin pool ved havet. Havet dog ikke børnevenligt, da det var meget stejlt. Fine små restauranter på begge sider af hotellet med gode priser på mad. Vil helt klart anbefale stedet til andre og kommer selv gerne igen. Dog snakkede personalet meget dårligt engelsk, men de var venlige.
5 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
Mette
"Middel hotel"
Virkede noget slidt. Meget passende når man har behov for en overnatning tæt på lufthavnen.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
DK
"Schönes ruhiges Hotel mit Luft nach oben"
Das Hotel wurde zwar gerade umgebaut, aber es wurde nicht gearbeitet. Somit war es ruhig und entspannend. Das Personal war sehr freundlich und hilfsbereit, auch ohne guter Englisch Kenntnisse. Das Hotelrestaurant war vorzüglich. Der Strand ist endlos lang und wunderschön, sollte aber irgendwann mal gereinigt und von stellenweise herumliegenden Müll berfreit werden. Auch die Lage zum Flughafen (20min mit Taxi) ist Top.
3 night romance trip Dec 16, 2014
Lukas
AT
"โรงแรมสงบ"
วันหยุดพร้อมๆกันของครอบครัว เลือกที่นี่เพราะดูแล้วครบคุณลักษณะ แต่เป็นช่วงมรสุมเลยมิได้ลงทะเลกับลูกๆคะ และเจอคนจีนแยะ เสียงอาจรบกวนบ้างเพราะเป็นเด็กวิ่งเล่นพื้นเป็นไม้ไม่ค่อยเก็บเสียง สรัน้ะกว้างขวางมากกก ลูกๆชอบคะ
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
patty
TH
"lækkert, men manglende engelsk kundskaber"
Lækkert hotel, pool, strand. Morgenmad i den lave ende af skalaen. Personale generelt dårlige til engelsk, men meget hjælpsomme.
1 night romance trip Jan 5, 2014
Claus
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
SE

TripAdvisor reviews for D Varee Mai Khao Beach

"It depends on thet price you pay...."
04/24/15 Peggy303 Pine, Colorado
stayed at the Holiday Inn next door the evening earlier, it was the opposite... the grounds were beautiful. The room looked good, but we literally were choking on the amount of mold in our bed? Pillow? So much.mold the allergy medicines we broken out. Back to DVaree.... very clean, very very clean, bo mold.
"Poor but has potential"
03/25/15 Airlifter Doha, Qatar
Stayed here with my youngest son for one night in between the end of a live-aboard trip to the Similan Islands and our departing flight the next evening. The hotel is quite remote and is located beside the well-appointed Holiday Inn Resort. There are no shops or restaurants nearby unless you walk to the other hotel. We arrived at the hotel and were dropped off at the entrance to the reception. There was no concierge and when we walked down to the reception desk, the only person working was talking on the phone and did not acknowledge our presence. After about ten minutes someone noticed us and the check-in routine was started. A concierge eventually appeared and collected our bags from the front steps. After the check-in we followed the concierge to our room. I had booked through Priceline.com (same parent company as Booking.com and Agoda.com) and pre-paid for a room with 'Deluxe Pool Access'. However, when the concierge took us to the elevator I knew something was wrong. We immediately returned to the receptionist who told us that because I had asked for a room with two single beds, that my room would be on the second floor. I explained that the hotel knew about the two-bed requirement at the time of booking. I also explained that since I had pre-paid for 'Deluxe Pool Access' a downgraded room was not an option. This went back and forth a few times with the receptionist still trying to make me accept the downgrade. Eventually, I let them know I was getting frustrated and impatient and immediately a room was found with two single beds and Deluxe Pool Access. The room was well equipped and had a small patio that ended at the edge of a very nice, large pool. Linens and towels were clean and fresh and the bathroom was clean and fully equipped with a bath and separate shower stall. Air conditioning and lighting controls were excellent. A previous reviewer complained about the floor quality, but it appeared to be a bamboo hardwood floor and we found it to have a pleasant texture on ones bare feet. The hotel's WiFi was awful and there was nothing "hi" speed about it! There appeared to be numerous access points available but none of them worked on any of our mobiles, tablets or laptop. Fortunately I had a Thai sim card with a local mobile plan which was far more reliable and quicker than the hotel's WiFi. We had dinner at the hotel's restaurant overlooking the beach. It had a very pleasant atmosphere with some tables set up on the lawn with candlelight. The food was adequate although expensive for what you get. We paid B700+ for two people with no alcoholic drinks. Only one other table was occupied during our dinner. Breakfast was in the same location and was a buffet style setup. There was lots to choose from - Thai or western. The staff were pleasant but not very attentive. The lady at the egg station was friendly and helpful. We noted that there were lots of flies buzzing around while we were trying to enjoy our breakfast. There were no blue-light bug-zappers in sight so we're not sure whether the staff noticed or even care about controlling these pests. Because of a late flight departure, we requested a late check-out from the reception. The latest they would allow is 2:00 PM. The receptionist claimed that the hotel was "fully booked" but the restaurant, bar, pool and beach area were practically deserted during our entire stay. The hotel's lack of flexibility was disappointing. Overall a short but less-than-average stay. I rated this "Poor" due to the feeling that I was being 'cheated' during the check-in by being forced to accept a downgraded room when there were rooms available. The poor state of the hotel's WiFi system is also a huge detractor since so many of us need to keep in touch with family while travelling.
"Perfect for a couple of nights"
01/29/15 ClaireSussex Sussex England
We stayed 2 nights before our flight home. The early morning taxi ride to the airport took about 20 minutes but there was almost no sound of aircraft while we were staying there. This hotel was the perfect antidote to the bustle of Bangkok and Thailand. It is located between a nature reserve and a practically deserted beach far away from any town. There are no shops or other amenities within walking distance. On site there are lots of lovely swimming pools some of which are accessed by the ground floor rooms. (Pay the extra for this - it is well worth it). Some of the communal areas need a bit of maintenance but the facilities and standard are reasonable. The garden leads directly onto the white sand beach which goes on and on for miles in both directions. There are no pedallers selling you stuff. The beach drops off quite steeply into the sea which is said to be unsafe for swimming. I didn't try as I had a choice of lovely pools. The spa was seriously expensive with prices about three times those of an on street shop and twice what I paid in a hotel Spa in Phuket town. However due to the isolated location there is no alternative - I decided against having a treatment but what I saw of the spa looked nice enough. The restaurant was also quite pricey but served wonderful Thai and western dishes all day. The very friendly and helpful staff don't speak very good English but the menu is in both English and Thai so point out what you want. Our room was beautifully decorated with fresh flowers and a towel sculpture of an elephant. It was very large with a sofa and wardrobe as well as a big en-suite which had a bath and separate shower. The bed was huge but rather hard. The TV had a rather limited selection of English channels. The Air Con was efficient and quiet. We had sliding doors out onto our own little patio with sun beds and a large (30m x 6m ish) pool which we shared with only 7 other rooms. Even though it was high season there were not many other people staying so it was like having a private pool most of the time. The hotel is set in a tropical garden so the birds and butterflys were lovely. All in all it was great for a couple of days but no longer.
"D'varee stay"
01/06/15 Chevon M
Stayed here for one night whilst catching our connecting flight to Hong Kong! Hotel was beautiful, although out of the way it had amazing beach views, swim up rooms and a great service. Food was great, rooms very spacious and cleaned daily. We were really impressed for the price we paid, would return. As with anything, you will see positive and negative reviews based on others experiences - we couldn't fault this at all.
"A bit dated"
12/29/14 92ttz Skien, Norway
Nice beach and lovely pool. Rooms are a bit dated. Slow wifi, small selection of tv channels and no change in bfast the 3 times we had it. We went for dinner at the neighboring hotel 1 night and that can be recommended. Hotel seemed low on guests even in Peak season.
"Nice hotel, very quiet"
11/20/14 davidford88 Derby, United Kingdom
My girlfriend and I were here for one night before were flew back to bangkok. It was a stop off for us. The main reason i chose this hotel was because i had read it was close to the airport. Its about a 15/20min drive away. As we arrived the hotel looked nice. The staff were helpful but struggled to understand English. Our room wasnt ready on arrival so we had lunch whilst waiting (lunch and dinner menu is the same). When we arrived in the room we were very happy with it. It was big and spacious. Very modern and the swimming pool was on our doorstep. There was an impressive control pad that controlled everything in the room from the air conditioning to lights. The pool is nice and big. The best part of the hotel is the fact the beach is literally at the back of it. Beautiful beach. Nice and relaxing. One thing to note, im not sure if it was low season or what, but the hotel was virtually empty. For a big hotel i reckon i saw about 5 people in total. It was a ghost town. Didn't bother us though we liked the peace and quiet. The beach was also very quiet. The hotel is very isolated so would not reccomend staying here for more than a few days. Phuket town is an hour drive away and there is nothing close by. We enjoyed our stay though. I had read some bad reviews about this place but cant see what the problem was. Location is the only downfall. Would only use it as a stop off to airport. Hope this helps!
"No service standard & property is very tried"
11/12/14 Chamlong K Phuket,Thailand
We are two and arrived in difference time. My colleage check in early, there is no welcome drink served. Myself arrived in the evening and the welcome drink served at arrival. Take a dinner after my arrival, menu variety is very pool and expensive. I order salad and Spaghetti, waitress served me both dishes in the same time. During I eat salad, staff ask if I want to eat salad first. I say yes then she move my Spaghetti to the counter. After finish salad she return my Spaghetti. Unbelievable it become stone, dry and very cold. Terrible? In our room, it is rusty every the floor scatched ans look dirty. Decoration and furniture in the room is below international standard. The pool is very big but really dirty all day. It looks like has never be clean for a year. Breakfast is less variety. Staff is poor manner. Only lady at egg station is friendly and show care during my stay.
"Failed to pick us up at airport, moldy hotel!"
09/23/14 Virginiatraveler63 Rawai
The staff are kind, Chinese tour buses are rude, loud and annoying. The room stunk like mold, immediately you could smell it in elevator. Our ac broke, Internet sucked in room and turned off constantly. Power outage twice. Asked for toothpaste, knowing there was a market mins away. Told us to go to holiday inn to get, or 7-11 40 miles by foot. we were never picked up at airport, knowing I was coming in, I had paid online transfers, DO NOT REccommend, it's 3 times amount. Just take address of hotel and you'll pay less and no stress! The breakfast was good but every morning there were birds, it's understaffed rt now, pools are beautiful, but the one by the sea was gross and closed! Hear me, go somewhere else! This place is jacked up. Nice staff, sure they have no control! We are now staying in a place in Rawainfoe $24. Us dollars and it makes DVaree look like a hole. Nothing musty here! So if you are going for the closeness to airport, go to Holiday Inn express!
"Beware - hotel charged my card when they should not have and did not refund even though I cancelled before deadline"
07/24/14 TravellingTeacher Sacramento, CA
I made a booking on booking.com for this hotel in May 2014, which, according to the hotel policy, was cancelable until July 2014. The hotel not only charged me shortly after I made the booking in May, which they were not supposed to do, but when I cancelled in June they did not refund my money. So far, they are not responding to Booking.com's inquiries. (Why they were able to charge me is another concern I have with booking.com) Don't book with D Varee Mai Khao Beach unless you know for sure you want to pay them!
"Big swimming pool on beach and friendly staff"
07/23/14 Isabelle T Bangkok, Thailand
This was my first stay in Mai khao beach with family. Hotel is far from airport only 15 minute by car. Here staff is friendly and helpful. In room is clean & big with separate shower from bathtub in bathroom. There are 3 swimming pools and i like the big one that on beach. This is very private beach , I and my family like this hotel over all is good.