All hotels in Strasburg, Virginia, United States of America
213 S. Holliday Street, Strasburg, VA, 22657-2213, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Quaint hotel in downtown Strasburg."
It was good. Nice, quaint hotel.
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
"CHARMING"
This was a great older hotel with a lot of charm. It was comfortable and clean. The 3 flight of stairs to walk up and down was did lose their charm quickly,but we would stay there again
2 night trip with friends Oct 5, 2014
Jo Ann
No rooms available
1 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2014
Steve ingram
"lovely old hotel!"
Great Historical place! Excellent food, LOVED the tavern. Not crazy about the bed....a little like sleeping in the middle of the road.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Catherine
"Victorian charm"
We enjoyed being within walking distance of old town Strasburg. The hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. We really loved the Victorian decor throughout the hotel. One thing we did miss was curtains that blocked out the light from the street and the sun - they only had a lace curtain on the window. The food in the restaurant was very fresh although lacking a little seasoning. The service in the restaurant was excellent and the atmosphere was delightful. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to take a trip back in time (sort of).
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Beautiful decorations,but disappointing ."
The furniture was beautiful, and the decorations were beautiful however the mattress on the bed was poor. And the pillows were not comfortable either. Also there was mildew around the shower stall, and wall paper was pealing off the wall in the bedroom. The staff were pleasant. For a room that cost $91.15 a night I expected a whole lot better. Also there is no elevator, and the steps are steep.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Millie
"Strasburg needs a little work."
We arrived at 9.45 & hotel lounge closed at 10.00. Could not even get a meal or a drink when we arrived. Bed uncomfortable, AC very loud, fitted sheet on bed non-existent. Staff at front desk friendly though.
1 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
"Beautiful place for a getaway."
If you love Victorian atmosphere, the Hotel Strasburg is the place for you. Strasburg is a lovely place to go for a walk and poke into small shops.
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2014
"Love this place."
We always enjoy this lovely charming hotel and the food is always exceptional.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
"Close to historic part of town"
We could walk to the old train depot used as a museum. Room was a little to warm. But everything else was nice. They even went out of their way to make sure we had an evening meal.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
kathy
"Quiet small town"
Very nice Victorian style hotel. Wonderful pub and dining room. Front desk service a little overbearing, kinda like you're a guest in someone's home who isn't sure they want you there. Food and drinks were great. Pub service outstanding. Room cleanliness was low. Hotel cleanliness was fine. Our room hadn't been vacuumed in quite some time. Mattresses were old and sagging. Furniture in room needed dusted. Lobby is lovely and had beautiful art from the town history. Town was extremely quiet.
1 night romance trip Sep 13, 2014
Hotel Staff was excellent.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
robert jones
This was a hotel with a lot of character. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. My room was very small, but I knew that going in and it suited my purposes very well as I was travelling alone. I enjoyed reading on the porch with beverage service in the evening. The continental breakfast was very good in a very nice dining room. Very nice if you like a break from the standard hotel atmosphere!
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Just OK this time"
We've frequently stayed at this hotel as it is a convenient overnight on our way to visit family. But this time, we had to switch rooms, because I did NOT get the room that I requested on the hotels.com online site. The original room was small with one double bed and it had an unusual odor. I had to settle for a room across the hall with one twin and a double. The room was dusty and I had some issues with my allergies. By original reservation had stated that I was requesting 2 double beds with a walk on balcony. I don't know if any of the rooms have walk on balconies. So, beware when making your reservation on this site. The staff was more than happy to change my room, but there were not many options left.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Interesting furnishings. Very accommodating in switching us to a ground-floor room when the manager realized my wife would have difficulty in climbing the stairs.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Hotel is old but very nice. Beds are comfortable. Location to downtown is great because it's not on the main street, so quiet at night. Grounds around hotel are beautiful. Enjoyed our stay there.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
SusieT
"Misleading description"
My room did not open to a balcony. The air-conditioning in the guest room was a noisy window unit built into the wall. My bed did not have a Select Comfort mattress. The complimentary wireless Internet access is not high-speed; it's an unprotected DSL line. My room did not have a desk, which is a good thing because the room was barely big enough for the bed.
3 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"rooms/hotel are beautiful decorated"
The hotel is located just of the main street which makes for a peaceful evening to sit out on the patio, sip some wine, and catch up with friends/family. I was there for a family reunion with members coming from all around the country (I came from the west coast). It was a great place to gather
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
SusieT
"Very comfortable accomodations"
This old Victorian hotel was delightful. The food was excellent and the king bed was great. Parking wasn't the most convenient, but acceptable. Location was good for getting to the Skyline Drive.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
Yankees
"Quaint little motel!"
We had a great time in this quiet, little town in a beautiful setting! Loved it! We did have to drive a couple of miles for food, if you did not want to eat in the pub, or the main dining room. (These were a bit pricey) also, it was supposed to gave free wi -fi, but I was only able to get it until after dark.
2 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"very quaint"
Very cute town, people are very friendly, convenient to highways and sites
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Sandy
"Needs a mini face lift but great location and staf"
Food and service was great but if this had been a drive by, we would have kept driving. Paint chipping off front door area, flower boxes empty and porch cushions worn. Food was very good in the restaurant and walking distance to others near by. Sheets and towels clean, shower was mini and tight. Good for what we paid.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2014
"Close to Skyline Drive"
Got a good deal on hotels.com. Hotel Strasburg was a nice old building with a lot of history in it and around it. My wife and I enjoyed our stay. The staff was professional and personable. The room we had was smaller than expected. The bed wasn't uncomfortable...
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2014
Matt and Catherine
Nice vintage place similar to a Bed and Breakfast. There were many beautiful antiques in the the hotel. The bed was very comfortable. The food was superior! The service was excellent.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Stop over on long journey"
I would never do this place again. It is not at all senior/handicapped friendly. There is no elevator, a fact that was never revealed. These are extremely old buildings with irregular steps and no one to help you with your luggage. The room looked tired and worn. The thick carpet didn't look particularly clean and there was a step down into the bath area that wasn't clearly marked. The shower was in a very large jacuzzi tub and it was very difficult to get in. Frankly these old buildings looked like a fire trap. The staff although very pleasant were very young and inexperienced. I suppose some would say that this antique had a certain charm but it was lost on me.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Judydoll
We were placed on third floor in small room without the promised balcony but clean, air conditioning worked well, staff pleasant and helpful
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
PC
Room was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It has old Virginia charm and the town is nice with easy access to interstate and some civil war sites. There is a nice little museum at the top of the hill as you come from the interstate into the town. Cedar Creek battlefield and Belle Grove plantation are an easy five minute or so drive from town. It is about 10 miles or so from Front Royal where you access the Shenandoah National Park which is definitely worth the trip. They charge a fee to enter the park so that is something to be aware of. Also If you like antiques Strasburg is the self proclaimed antique capital of Virginia. They have a huge antique emporium (they seem to like that word in Virginia) that is very nice. We didn't look into any of the other places so I can't comment on the quality of the other antique stores. They also had a train museum that I didn't see because of a time crunch. The only real problem I had was the slowness of the wifi in the inn.. Normally that isn't a problem but I wanted to use the signal to research sites around the area so it was annoying.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
Tim Pierce
"Quaint and fun"
We stayed here for a night after deciding we'd had our fill of antiseptic hotels that somehow all look the same. The Hotel Strasburg defines "quaint" with its antique-filled lobby and rooms. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Keep in mind that because the hotel is a former hospital (don't be put off by that fact) , the rooms are smaller than a typical hotel (at least ours was) and the bathroom was also compact. But, the personality of the hotel outweighs those small drawbacks. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet. We had dinner in the Depot: the famous chicken pot pie for her and a burger for me. Excellent food and good beer on tap. The only glitch: the hotel wifi was excruciatingly slow. Maybe the router was having a bad day. If we're in the area, we'll be back.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2014
"Historic Inn"
Good choice for historic Strausburg! Clean charming rooms with a delightful dining room for dinner and complimentary breakfast. We would stay again.
1 night business trip Jul 10, 2014
Gamma
"Weekend getaway"
I'v stayed several times and this place consistently delivers.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Very enjoyable. Hotel restaurant is also top notch. Very narrow stairs to the upper floors that the elderly guests were struggling with.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
James Voor
"Expected more"
This is supposed to be a bed and breakfast. Décor is very old fashioned and that fits the look of this 100 year old hotel. Unfortunately only had continental breakfast until 8, but we needed to leave by 730. Room really needed new bed, blanket and carpet. seemed more 2 star than 3.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Traveler
Bed uncomfortable.Guest noisy in hallways,no buffers.Door,gap large underneath and noise a real problem
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Character"
Quaint rustic yet polished inn. Personal but not too cozy. Good food and drinks - a diamond in the rough
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Wex Luthor
"Nice quiet hotel"
I have to say I love the Hotel Strasburg. It is old and creeky, but if you are staying there you may find that enjoyable. The staff was very friendly, and although there were many guests I never heard anyone else. I was in the 3rd floor which appears to be a finished attic, that is the walls one side of the room are at a pitch. You can't really walk on that side of the room, but it does add to the charm. You can view any open room so if you have different taste from me they may let you change. The only thing I can complain about is that the Sunday brunch is not included in the room. It was awkward when I got a bill when I thought it was the continental breakfast. I certainly would stay there again, make sure to check out Cristina's down the street that has live music and tasty food but the town is pretty much closed at 9pm.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Jon
"More like a Bed & Breakfast"
Charming, old style hotel, more like a bed & breakfast. Could use a little TLC in the decor. Parking is an issue though, (street parking) but the area is safe. Would stay again.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Mead Maker
We were three senior women who requested help with baggage.Upon our request, the receptionist was surely, unresponsive, and did not provide assistance. The hotel was charming. The food in the dining room was mediocre, over-rated, and over priced.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"A historically interesting hotel"
A surprisingly nice old hotel with a good restaurant.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
annie and alex
"A bit overrated by most IMHO"
Old building and not really well maintained. Excellent staff.
1 night trip Jun 4, 2014
"Stay at the Hotel Strasburg"
Hotel Strasburg is a charming hotel in a charming small town in Virginia.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Bad night's sleep..."
Place was quaint and cozy......king size bed and lousy pillows were horrible..time to upgrade bedding.....
1 night trip May 27, 2014
Steve and Bev
"My back hurts"
Neat small town, inviting facility but shows wear and my mattress was way past time for replacement. Lumpy, no support, difficult to be comfortable. If you do go, the crab cake sandwich they serve in the bar is good.
1 night trip May 27, 2014
"Perfect 1/2 way stop on our journey and pet friend"
Short but very pleasant stay with excellent service.
Other trip May 30, 2014
EQ
"Historical Value excellent"
It was an old hotel with Historical value. All the guests seem as pleased as we were. It was like stepping back in time. Even my kids were having fun.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Chad
very courteous staff.
2 night trip May 15, 2014
Kyle
"Hotel Strasburg - Excellent Visit"
Loved it. . .great find and would come again for a long weekend stay.
1 night trip May 18, 2014
William R Phillips
"Don't Stay Here!"
Although I booked the room through Expedia and PAID for it, when I arrived I was informed that they had no room for us as all rooms in the hotel were filled. Secondly they informed me that finding another room and getting my money back were my problems. After considerable discussion the hotel clerk agreed to attempt to get my money refunded and found another local motel with an available room. There was a local festival going on so I guess the amount paid through Expedia was probably less then they could get locally. And I thought selling a room twice was probably illegal, guess not.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Nice and quaint. Great food plus a lot of history"
Bathroom is tiny, but, hey, the place was built in 1902!
Other trip May 19, 2014
DW
"Poor customer, rude staff"
The hotel did not have our reservations that were booked and paid for in March. The room we stayed in had a smaller bed and no stand up shower, unlike what I reserved. The staff was unaccomodating regarding the reservation mistake and rude. They acted as if we were being an inconvenience.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Jess
"Hotel Strasbourg"
Nice old furnishings. Nice staff. Good included breakfast.
Other trip May 18, 2014