All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here2296 Frederick Douglass Boulevard, New York, NY, 10027, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great option in Harlem-"
We visit our daughter at the Columbia/Barnard campuses in Morningside Heights and this place is perfect! Rooms are great- staff is always cordial and extremely helpful. Area is loaded with great bistros and Columbia, Barnard, Teacher's College with lots of great restaurants are an easy and short walk away. This is our go to spot. Nice little coffee bar with free regular coffee which one can "upgrade" for a nominal fee to espresso or cappucino. Cool little bar as well. Rooms are well appointed, modern and very comfortable. No real negatives here.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Clean and modern"
Very careful inspection of this hotel revealed it to be very clean which is especially important in this neighborhood. Felt very comfortable and everything else was quite satisfactory.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
"Good hotel close to the subway"
I'll admit to being a little wary of the location, but my husband I felt safe the whole time. The hotel is located just one block away from subway access. Only two stops to Times Square and a short train ride away from Yankee Stadium. This hotel put us in the middle of everything we needed. Staff was friendly and the bartenders at the lobby bar were great. We would recommend it to anyone and stay here again.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Erin
"Took a chance on Harlem Hotel"
I had a last minute business trip to NYC and every Mid-town hotel was crazy expensive. Hotels.com had the Aloft in Harlem available for a reasonable price and I took a chance. The location was the only drawback. I was attending a trade show at Javitz Convention Center (34th st) and the hotel is located on 124th street. It was convenient to the Subway, which i took in the morning, but felt less comfortable in the evening (small town girl in the city). The hotel was modern and felt brand new. Every working in the hotel was warm, friendly and couldn't be more helpful. I wished it was in Mid-town!
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2014
"Great Hotel in Harlem!"
Aloft Harlem was a great place to stay in NYC. Its location and proximity to the subway station at 125th St, was excellent, as we could catch the A-train express downtown, or head uptown to the Bronx and Yankee Stadium easily. The room was very nice. The one small problem was the sheet on the king-sized bed did not fit adequately, so it slipped off and pulled on the mattress pad making the bed "lumpy." We did tell the front desk about this; they said it was a problem they were working on, but it was not resolved during our 3-night stay. If this bed problem is not resolved in the future, we would probably not return to Aloft Harlem. The staff was very helpful otherwise, and brought us champagne glasses, ice, and bucket to serve champagne we had brought with us. The staff was friendly and helpful.
3 night trip Sep 10, 2014
What a gem. The hotel staff were great and the hotel itself was very clean and met all of our needs while in New York.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
"GREAT CLEAN HOTEL WITH FRIENDLY STAFF"
MY FRIEND AND I STAYED FOR LABOR DAY WEEKEND TO GO TO ELECTRIC ZOO. WE ONLY STAYED FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT. WE ARRIVED EARLY FRIDAY AND THE HOTEL LET US CHECK INTO OUR ROOM EARLY WHICH WAS GREAT BECAUSE THE FESTIVAL STARTED AT 1. THE STAFF WAS HELPFUL WITH LATE NIGHT FOOD DELIVERYS. HOLDING OUR BAGS ON SUNDAY DURING THE FESTIVAL. THE LOCATION WAS NICE BECAUSE AT NIGHT TIME THE STREETS HAD CALM DOWN, AS TO TIMES SQUARE WHERE IT GOES ALL NIGHT AND HAS BRIGHT LIGHTS. WE WERE ABLE TO CHECK OUT A BIT LATER ON SUNDAY WHICH WAS GREAT!
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
KERRI
"Excellent quality for price"
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff is very friendly, helpful and professional. I will say, your expectations will determine your experience. One could call this an IKEA hotel, where the design and decor looks very nice and modern, but its quality isn't much more than a veneer. That shouldn't be taken as an indication that the place is about to fall apart, but merely a warning that it won't hold up to a microscope. Just enjoy it for what it is, and it will be great. -- I'm typing all of this at a DoubleTree, where the WiFi is not free, the room is smaller, and the Cable TV system is laughably stuck in the 80s. I actually kinda miss Aloft Harlem...
19 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
Joshua
"Excellent!!!"
I love Aloft Harlem! I even thanked you on Facebook! Friendly, clean and safe!!! Mahalo!!!
4 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
Kimberly
A few great restaurants within walking distance! Easy walk to subway and better yet... Columbia University!
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Jill Cavallo
"Aloft Harlem Stay"
We really like our stay at this hotel. The location is very convenient for us - walking distance to Columbia U and lots of places to eat/grocery/subway nearby. The room itself is really nice, clean and I like the layout! My only complain is the stairs where you have to manuever your luggages. We had 4 luggages and it was a hassle - would have been nice to provide a ramp for easy access.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Glenda
"Great Place top to Bottom"
I would recommend this to anyone.
2 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
Terence
"Comfortable Hotel near Columbia University"
Stayed at Aloft several times - clean rooms, good location if you're visiting Columbia University student. Several blocks from subway & variety of restaurants. Pleasant outdoor seating area. Lobby & bar small & loud.
4 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Not accomodating"
The lobby attendees were rude and not helpful. I asked for an additional bed; however, it was never delivered and was later told they "ran out"
1 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
Xavier Vivar
"Amazing Surprise!"
I was worried about the location in Harlem (I'm not from NYC and had only heard old news about the neighborhood). The hotel was clean, cool, and funky. It was a great spot in the middle of a vibrant and interesting neighborhood.
4 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
"Family Visit"
This was my first time at this hotel and I would definitely stay again. The service was excellent and very helpful. I didn't get a chance to try many of the restaurants near by but it was many to choose from. The rooms were nice and very business friendly.
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Nicki G
"Great location and safe"
I was a bit apprehensive because the long ago reputation of Harlem. This hotel lived up to other locations and is a great value. If taking the subway, be sure to get off at 125th st. The subway app on iphone told us to get off two stops later and not knowing we could get back on and be so close, we walked two miles with our luggage. Great place to stay of you are going to Yankee Stadium too!
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Camille
I had a great stay and would go back. The rooms are big and look new. Close enough to everything I needed. Great staff, Happy and helpful.
3 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
"Great find in Harlem!"
I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel recently - what a great find! The hotel was centrally located in Harlem, is a great value and is comfortable and welcoming. The people at the front desk made you feel so welcome and were genuinely nice and friendly. The room itself was comfortable, roomy by NYC standards, comfortable, had all of the amenities needed, etc. I told all of my coworkers about it for when they need to stay in the city near the office. Great find!
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
Andrea Procaccino
"Very nice!"
Aloft Harlem is a very nice hotel: clean, well-run. My room was very clean and spacious.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"A nice hotel to visit"
Excellent all around service. I received help with my bags and they even reserved a taxi when I needed.
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2014
Calvin
"convenient"
The front desk staff left much to be desired. From the moment we checked in the young man who assisted us never really greeted us or made us feel welcomed. Overall asking any questions of any staff at the front desk made us feel that we were inconveniencing them. On several occasions there were several employees standing in the lobby talking, no one greeted us or acknowledged us in any way, actually it was uncomfortable coming in the lobby. Since there was no complimentary breakfast you would expect the prices to be competitive, they were over priced even for NY. The best thing about our stay was the staff that cleaned our room; they did a magnificent job, good for them for taking pride in their work! We visit NY often but chances are slim to none that we will NEVER stay at the Aloft Hotel again. Unfortunately, I don't feel the staff will even care that they have lost excellent customers, what a sad commentary for the Hospitality Industry, a profession that should take pride in customer service and satisfaction.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
people skills, poor!
"Lovely stay"
Comfortable room.Very nice & updated . Location is close to just about everything.
Krystal
"Great modern-design hotel; a great spot in Harlem"
Hotel was very clean and well maintained. Staff was friendly and helpful - especially when directions and restaurant recommendations were needed. Location was perfect for me as it was in walking distance of the event I was attending and very close to subway stations. I'd definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again!
3 night business trip Jun 26, 2014
Conference Attendee
"Last minute pick"
This is a very nice trendy hotel close to Columbia University. It was the main reason for booking so we could walk there. Everything was excellent except for the complimentary coffee in the lobby. If it wasn't cold it was old.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
michelle
Hotel location was great! It was near plenty of local resources and sights.
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2014
John T
"A Day Away = Rest and Relaxation"
My partner and I had a great time in Harlem and Aloft Harlem was the icing on the cake.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
poeticflower
"Amenities were few"
While I enjoyed my brief stay and thought the service was indeed fantastic, the beds were super comfy and the location met my needs; I regret that there were few amenities. I was told that none of the double rooms had a view. No pool, no recreation area as advertised online. I didn't realize these things would not be available at the Harlem location.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
ABB
"Clean Hotel."
Very clean and comfortable hotel. The bedding was very comfortable and neat. Facilities were also functional.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Bamitale
"Almost Perfect"
From price to convenience, this location accommodates for everything. I was even able to park on the street for free all weekend. The one negative: The bathroom gives zero privacy when you might want it.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
Kevin Y
"great service team"
Loved the Aloft Harlem. Vivacious area and 5 mins from Subway. Famous Harlem eateries with walking distance. Close to banks, drug stores, tjmaxx, dsw shoes, for that inexpensive solution to a wardrobe malfunction or forgotten toiletries. The service team is awesome!!! Get ready for a loud and welcoming bar area. It tunes up at night...just right.
1 night trip May 29, 2014
adrianne
No complaints.. Planning on going back again soon
1 night romance trip May 30, 2014
Great hotel
1 night business trip May 29, 2014
Armando
"Very Nice hotel located in Harlem."
Nice place to visit after work for drinks at the bar. The accommodations I must say I was suprised and pleased. I'm willing to revisit as I have my apartment repaired and decorated.
Other trip May 31, 2014
Mona
"Hotel Aloft Harlem"
I really liked the Hotel Aloft Harlem. It's very new and nice. It's in a gentrifying part of Harlem. It's near Columbia University, which is why we picked it. It is a "hip" kind of hotel, like a W Hotel or The Nines (I think it's part of the same chain as W). The staff was very, very nice and helpful with directions, etc. The bed was very comfortable. My only negative comment is that the room is very small. I would gladly stay here again.
1 night trip May 27, 2014
MLF
"Nice Harlem Hotel"
This was our second stay at The Aloft Harlem and won't be our last!
Other trip May 25, 2014
"Best in the area"
This hotel meets the usual Doubletree standard with high quality for a good price. I arrived very late at night and received a cheery welcome from the front desk. This is probably one of the few places in the area with a hotel bar and the bartender is fantastic. She gracefully handled a large overly rowdy crowd, closed down the bar without incident, and let me get in a late drink order as I just arrived.
Other trip May 25, 2014
travelbud
"Loud and already tattered"
While this hotel is relatively new, it shows signs of poor maintenance. Walls in the room were badly scratched, baseboards loose, bathroom door not closing and malfunctioning lights. On weekend nights, the lobby cranks up the volume and turns into a loud night-scene. Room was poorly insulated against outside noise. Pillows were flat and the decor includes brown carpet on the walls. The lobby is about a dozen steps down from the street level. Bathroom (shower and toilet area) is dark. Few good dining options nearby but convenient to subway and buses. Laundry on site and good free wifi
5 night trip May 9, 2014
"Great urban vibe"
I loved the music and decor of the lobby. It all had a great urban vibe that was so Harlem. The only problem I had was making tea in my room. The machine had directions that I could not understand, so I went for tea in the lobby. That was so much easier. The person at the desk did offer help to me up in my room, but I just did not choose that option. All in all, a great stay. Nice bed!!!
Other trip May 16, 2014
Gwen
"Hidden Jewel"
This boutique hotel nestled in the heart of Harlem afforded me a very good hotel experience at a reasonable rate. Majority of the staff was friendly and accommodating. Room was chic, clean and comfy. I'll be back!
Other trip May 12, 2014
"We will be back"
We could not be more pleased. We were close to the places we had to attend.
1 night business trip May 9, 2014
Kathryn Stevens
"Great vibe!"
Everything about this stay was wonderful! Classy, sheik and so clean. Excellent location.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
This hotel worked well for us. We were attending a play at Columbia University, a short walk away.
Other trip May 4, 2014
World traveller
"Recommended"
FANTASTIC
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Rosalind Davis
"Happy in Harlem"
This is my second visit to Aloft and it won't be the last. The hotel staff is personable and professional, and quick to assist when requested. Phones are picked up immediately, no endless hold times. Check-in is a breeze and welcoming. There are so many shops right around the corner, that you don't even have to travel downtown. I'll definitely return.
1 night business trip Apr 24, 2014
"Good stay"
Came down for my girlfriends birthday....the hotel itself was nice the area around it was a little skeptical and the main down fall was their was no parking u have to pay for parking somewhere else
1 night trip Apr 17, 2014
Rob
"Surprise in Harlem"
Excellent location if you are doing business in the Govt Center area, or to visit Columbia. Great staff, clean rooms, though they are small. No safety concerns inside, and is across the street from a police station. Easy walk from 125th ABC station. Many local shops and a movie theater in immediate area. Price was great for NYC.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
bb
"nice hotel close to subway, duaneread,church,"
I enjoyed my stay in Aloft Harlem. fast check in and check out. room size,and bed comfort.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
This hotel is great, the rooms are spacious and the beds feels good. The house keeping wasn't that great. My bed was sloppy made like they just threw the covers over. Looked like someone was still laying in it
4 night business trip Mar 31, 2014
Wonderful staff and great location. We were very pleased with our stay!
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014