All hotels in Shenzhen, China
OCT East Dameisha Yantian District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, 518083, China, ‏‎800-491-6126

TripAdvisor reviews for The Interlaken OCT Hotel

"Between 3 to 4 Stars......."
04/23/15 India2012 Shenzhen, China
It's a very nice place,at the lake, close to mountain, clean air, excellent facilities , but....it's completely overpriced, for what they offer !! The Breakfast and the service was OK. But as in many place in China , Italian is not Italian food, as the most Restaurants in China , its all a very bad copy. At Sea-world, you have a few Restaurants, they are owned by 'westerners' , there you can go. Anyway, it's better to eat Chinese food :-) Interlaken is also a bad copy.....of the Swiss town, a very bad one :-) But the surroundings are very nice, very green area. Back to the Hotel, for 300 Euro a night you find better places, but maybe we just arrived and make the short decision to stay there, that's why it was more expansive. Because the Suite was very big with Lake view and the Whirlpool, I really enjoyed it, also the bathroom , spotless clean and huge space. But honestly, if I would go again, I would stay at the Sheraton, at the beach and than go up :-)
"Horrible"
03/29/15 Shader_d
It's so called super 5 star hotel but maybe only by its appearance. Hot spring was so dirty to start with and they try to advertise SoCall 22 different hot springs and only half of them were open. I think they used so much money on the decoration they couldn't afford to run them all not that their decorations were so good. We went to the rest area. Had to go get our own stuff to drink because the waiter was too busy minding his own business . The TVs that they had in there were making static sounds on full volume. We told them about it and they replied to us with attitude saying it's not their job. So asked for the manager, had to go through 3 different people before someone actually called the manager, we decided to brush it off an go get something to eat. No one was at the reception we looked around and had to call for someone actually to serve us. Then found out the cook was not there so all we could get from the restaurant was fried rice. Super 5 star You kidding me ? These are just a few of the problems and I don't want to waste any more of my time about this !!!
"Nice environment , only for Chinese people"
08/06/14 Constantine_HK Shenzhen, China
It's a very nice place, close to mountain, clean air, excellent facilities , but.... If you are non Chinese you understand that you are in a place where they have copied a small town from Europe. In my opinion when you are visiting a country you want to feel the traditional culture and environment. So this place is nice for Chinese people who cannot travel abroad. Don't eat at the Italian Restaurant, I don't know why the call it Italian, the food is terrible.
"Awesome place!!!!"
07/12/14 30Prachi Pune, India
My experience was superb.i got free upgrade to a suite and the view,the room was simply awesome.i stayed there for 3nights in the year 2010.All I can say I had best time of my life..One of the finest hotel I have come across.Yes they need to appoint some English people staff.And drawback is the access to the hotel.But once you are in that place,it's heaven.I had recommended this to many of my friends and even they were happy with the place.My request please keep some vegetarian options as well. Overall 9/10 for this place :-)
"Nice getaway spot"
05/30/14 Matthew C
Like most of the establishments in China, its got hardware, but little software. This country has a lot to learn about hospitality. The hotel is a billed as a 5 star hotel. You walk through a long corridor and its almost completely dark, very little lighting before getting to your room. The room was good size, decoration was OK. There was an inside walkway that linked into the theme park, but there was no indication anywhere that such a link was available, we stumble onto it, otherwise it would be a long walk from the hotel to the theme park entrance. Even though the whole setting was man-made (simulating a town in Switzerland), it was quite relaxing as we went during the low season. We have been warned by friends that we could wait for an hour to be able to board the sight-seeing train there, but we were surprised to be able to get onboard within 15 minutes of lining up. Overall, it was still a good getaway. Its worth visiting if you have not done it before.
"I would never recommend this hotel to anyone in the world"
03/06/14 Angelkslee Hong Kong, China
I stayed in their hotel on Feb 19-21, and i have to say this is the worst experience i had ever for my travel life. To start with when i checked in, the staff mentioned that given this is low season many restaurants and sites are closed, which makes the start a bit odd. When I booked the hotel, i had been very specific to request a lake view room with balcony at any price. But i was so disappointed when i entered the room, because the room was very small and has no balcony. The other day i called the reception to ask if they made a mistake for my room, and the reception told me that their hotel DOES NOT HAVE a room with lake view and balcony. So, i thought ok... But you know what, when i finished my lunch and walked back to my room, i ACCIDENTALLY saw a room with lake view with balcony - as there was cleaning ladies tidying up rooms and i WALKED IN. I was so furious and called the reception to check again..... and you know what, this time they said “even in own hotel website, we would not put all room types there for customers to choose! You had a nice room already because it is high floor, and I cannot give everyone a balcony! Blablabla”! Wow! What a hotel! After all these calls, i called the general line/housekeeping to request a knife for my lemon tea. i made the requests at 330pm, i called again at 5pm to follow up. After dinner when i returned to my room at 930pm, the knife has NOT arrived yet. Guess when it arrived at last? 1030pm after i called for 3 more times. After reading just these 2 stories, i think it is clear that if you want a happy vacation - relaxed and enjoyable, never choose this hotel.
"Interlaken: one of the best hotels/resorts!"
09/03/13 MushPanjwani Hong Kong, China
Beautiful hotel around a lake. Nice big rooms. Great choice of restaurants and food. Excellent service. Not all staff speak English but they somehow manage to understand and go out of their way to help. The view of the mountains and lake is magical at sunrise and sunset time. It's an hour from main Shenzhen but worth the ride. Definitely coming back to stay longer!
"Good hotel with no hospitality"
08/28/13 esquareguangzhou
The hotel is good in all front . Ambiance , room , outdoor activities all excellent . They lack in hospitality .In fact they do not know how to treat a guest . Do not expect anything from hotel staff . They only know HOT TO SAY NO.
"Very nice, though not perfect"
07/22/13 labrt2004 New York, NY
I would give this 3.5 stars if that were an option. The lobby of the hotel is exquisite when you first walk in: chirping song birds, marble everywhere, and beautiful glass sculpture artwork. We stayed in a suite, and it was incredibly well appointed. It had very satisfying bathrooms complete with a private sauna, a comfortable bed, and a spacious sitting room featuring a Bose sound system. There was even a window-side soaking tub. It was, without doubt, absolutely the largest and most luxurious hotel room I've stayed in. The breakfast buffet was quite impressive, as well--a wide array of choices to suit every taste. The resort is tucked away in the mountains on the outskirts of Shenzhen. The park is built on an interesting amalgamation of imitation Old Europe and random Chinese cultural icons like a giant Buddha. It's perfect for the average Shenzhenite looking for a quick getaway. But to call it an international resort, as it claims, is a stretch. Like most places in the tropical south China climate, the hotel hasn't figured out how to deal with humidity--so the scent of mold remains incongruously in the air in spite of all the opulence. This is rarely the case in true international hotels like the JW Marriott or the Peninsula. Also, the staff do not speak any languages besides Chinese, which is not convenient in an international resort. The soaking tub bore a suspicious layer of grime, which made me hesitate to use it (though my husband convinced me to, and I lived, so you decide...). The other attractions of the resort also fell short. The T Show was fantastic--but everything else was a yawn. Not sure why they have such difficulty with transportation in this place, but if you're going to build a sprawling complex straddling a bunch of mountains, then have more than one creaky ski lift to get you from place to place, and have way more shuttles! The amusement park was a very unsuccessful imitation of Disney World... even the temple, which may have been cool, is too much of a modern contrivance--this is China, there are genuine thousand year old grottoes one could see that are a train ride's distance away. Finally, the different flavored hot spring baths in the resort are all gimmicks. I am pretty sure there is no wine or coffee or whatever in those pools, just recycled bath water :) Though to be fair, the little pools with the fish that eat your dry skin was pretty interesting. Anyway, all these shortcomings are unfortunate, because all the elements for a fantastic resort are there--the beautiful rooms, the nice scenery, the interesting concept. But it seems like they just haven't figured out the right touch yet.
"Looks "good" on the outside"
04/02/13 Sparkey328 Hong Kong, China
Like most things in China, the outside is always a deception on what is in the inside. What it meant to be a six star establishment really meant that each of the services and amenities offered inside the hotel is one star each, adding up to a total of six stars. Poor maintainence, poor managment, lousy food quality, poor transportation arrangements, and the list goes on. I arrived at Zone A of the bus depot where I thought a hotel shuttle would be picking us up. However, upon arrival, we were asked to take a public bus No. 909 which would take us to the hotel. The bus was essentially for staff going around the facilities. In addition to the CNY 10 for each passenger, we had to take with us all the lugguages and golf clubs on board. Frankly, the experience getting to the hotel was not a pleasant one. Don't expect anything special out of this hotel. The only thing that is six star in this hotel is the price.