All hotels in Kelseyville, California, United States of America
5575 7th St, Kelseyville, CA, 95451, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Service is adequate
    Comfortable
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
"Comfy and Quiet!"
It was a perfect hotel for our needs! It was right off of highway 29, but we couldn't hear traffic at all. The hard wood floors were awesome because it makes the room look cleaner and if I spilled anything I wouldn't have to worry about staining the carpet. Staff was very nice and helpful. Easy check-in and check-out.
2 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
Alexa
"About what you would expect for the price."
Not 4 or 5 star, but clean with decent firm beds. OK for a place to sleep while visiting friends in the area. If you are expecting upscale it is not, but my criteria for these types of hotels is that the room is clean, and the beds are ok. This hotel met that criteria.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Nice place, the proprietors were very available. The TV needed to be coaxed into working, but the staff handled it promptly.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Kelseyville Hotel, Excellent!"
Completly accommodating experience. Quiet, clean, private. Absolutely no issues. Thank you to the kind owners and staff!
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
D.
"Expected better"
Paid for two nights, only stayed for one. No rugs, weird controls for TV. The fact that I left after only one night tells it all.
2 night business trip May 15, 2015
"Much improved, quaint but quite pleasant"
Previous ratings portrayed a dilapidated old wreck, so I approached with caution, only to find a newly renovated room in a well-kempt landscape with a fridge, a microwave, a coffee maker and internet access, all at a bargain price. The room was clean, the bed quite comfortable. Nothing fancy, but entirely adequate to my needs
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Clark
This place is in dire need of some tlc. But the bed was clean and comfy. The shades fell down on me when I tried to close them. the furniture is badly beaten up. the window all had a stick in them for security.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
"Decent budget motel"
Decent budget hotel. Friendly front desk. Bare bones lodging
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Small But Mighty"
Only place to stay in town. No carpet all laminate flooring smelled clean very small but acceptable.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2014
"Room is very small and it needs extensive update"
This motel needs complete update to match the price they charge. AC is old and loud, bed is squeaking, not a very good motel to stay with family.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Worst place I've stayed"
I expected a very basic room as the hotel is a small mom and pop place, so my expectations weren't sky high. What I got was a room so small that two adults have to crawl over themselves to pass by each other. The toilet leaked, the tub drain didn't plug, and there were dirty water marks on the bathroom walls. I reserved the room for two adults and had only two small body towels, a hand towel, and two wash cloths. The towels were adequate for children, but not adults. We tried running the A.C., but it rattled the whole bed and the grinding noise kept us up, so we wound up sleeping with just the fan, which left the room hot and stuffy. In the morning, we tried to make coffee, but the coffee from the previous guest was in the plastic coffee pouch. We decided it was better to leave and get coffee elsewhere. I'm used to having a few things outdated, ugly, written
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
"More like The Bates Motel."
Motel is in a rural area, so if you're used to a 5 star type of resort, this is not it. Place is ran by a family who lives on site, so there is no privacy whatsoever. Not only did the TV not work, the toilet overflowed with water while we were out and about in town causing our room to get semi-flooded. In addition the room smelled like urine and well, you get the idea. Overall the motel was an extreme disappointment, but then again it is in the middle of no where, so I guess this is what one can expect when traveling from out of town. Maybe some rooms are better than others? Ours, not so much.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Close to golf courses"
Room was is disrepair -- lights did not work, shower barely worked, could have been cleaner. If it's a quick stay and you are not going to spend much time there, then it's acceptable. Desk clerk was very nice and helpful.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
S. Thompson
"Close to Clear Lake"
Accessible to nearby towns and ClearLake, and state parks. Room is rather narrow. Air conditioning unit makes A LOT of noise. But overall, okay for the reasonable price we paid for.
2 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
"Cute place to hideaway"
Lovely little motel tucked away in a quiet neighborhood with easy access to the freeway. Clean room with a small fridge and microwave.
1 night business trip Feb 14, 2014
C Jones
"Old and dirty."
This was a very old, rundown and dirty motel. The Indian staff did not clean the rooms well at all. Drive to Lakeport rather than stay here.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
R.
"Very unhappy with hotel and hotels.com"
To keep this short and to the point this hotel was awful. The walls are paper thin and the beds are really hard, similar to sleeping on a straight box spring. For those of you looking for a pet friendly hotel, this hotel IS NOT PET FRIENDLY. I was assured by the representative at hotels.com that the hotel would accept our dogs and they did not! I highly recommend contacting the hotel directly before you book because the information on hotels.com is not accurate.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
T.
"Quaint. Small basic rooms were ..romantic."
Nice Innkeeper. Would repeat when in area.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2013
CSSWINDSOR
"Completely overpriced!"
This was a 2 star $39.99 motel.... I paid $71 for one person! You should be able to get what you pay for. The location did NOT warrent the cost. Homeless people who now live there, strange people hanging out..... would never stay again. I slept in my clothes! Sorry!
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
M
"Clean and simple and friendly"
The room was clean, the staff were friendly, and the price was excellent!
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2013
"Clean rooms - great price!"
The room was clean, coffee machine, microwave and refrigerator. Staff called me right away to let me know that I left something in the room. Very convenient to where my friend owns a home. I have stayed at this hotel three times now and would do so again. And, the price is very reasonable!
1 night trip with friends Aug 3, 2013
Paula
"Adequate"
The room was fine for the money. Clean, nice front desk attendant, looked like it was being refurbished. There is a cute little coffee shop in downtown Kelseyville too.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Close to State Park and other Holiday"
Really comfortable, easy to find.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
Carrie
"Horrible Motel"
It was the first motel I've ever stayed in where when you walk in you want to leave instantly. The Motel is older which is fine but the rooms were dirty. The floor hasn't been shampooed in years. I guess all I can say is the sheets were clean and they're weren't any bedbugs. But you don't want to take off your shoes to walk around or even take a shower. If it weren't so late we would have left.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"Handicap Room"
I was disappointed because the room I paid for was not reserved for me and instead I was given a "handicapped" room with a handicapped shower. The condition of the room was shabby and needed to be aired out because it also smelled of smoke. I did not sleep well there and would not stay there again.
Other trip Jun 19, 2013
"Hotel in Kelseyville"
The room smelled like cigarettes even though we requested a non smoking room. There were stains on the carpet. However, beds were comfy and room was what we needed for the night. This hotel needs a renovation!
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
mrneal

TripAdvisor reviews for Kelseyville Motel

"Hard-to-Find but Good Value !"
09/06/15 WineGoddess6 Santa Barbara, California
We arrived in Kelseyville shortly after dark and had a hard time finding the motel but otherwise our overall experience was positive. Check-in was quick (we had a reservation) and our room, although small and Spartan, was clean and adequate for our needs: a place to rest our heads for the night. The location is quiet and set-back from any main roads.
"Clean, Friendly, More room amenities. Great Price."
06/18/15 sonomaoz Magna
I was skeptical choosing a room for $69 but this is an exception to other budget motels. Friendly and fast check in. Room was very clean and pleasant. It even had a microwave and mini fridge! Comfortable beds. Quiet surroundings. Very pleasant stay and will stay again when in the area.
"Horrible"
05/06/14 donsgirl1111 Santa Cruz, California
We had a scary security issues and it does not appear to be monitored by owner. We also had a bait and switch on our room and my husband and I had to sleep in two separate beds. They gave away our Queen bed they told us. The owner attempted to add charges to our bill after we left that were bogus and fortunately our credit card company refused to pay.
"Depressing and delapidated!"
10/30/12 Cynthia P La Verne, California
I booked the room based on Lake County's Visitor guide, checking the website, and speaking to the manager to confirm that the place was CLEAN! It is not "quiet" as advertised - the hwy is adjacent to it. The door would not open with the key - lock was loose and screen was torn. Inside looked depressing and cleanliness was questionable. Despite the fact that I could not open the door, the staff kept pushing I take the room.We were shown another room where the door knob was also loose, screen torn, and also depressing with questionable cleanliness. When we saw that the overhead shower light fixture was hanging from the ceiling by about six inches, we did not feel safe and did not want to spoil our vacation by staying there. We decided not to stay and drove on to Lakeport. I am now disputing the credit card charge. I have never in my life had to check a room prior to checking in, however, after this experience, I will never check in without checking the room first. The experience left a bad taste in our mouth for Kelseyville. My friend wanted to return to give them a piece of her mind. Their rates are not inexpensive relative to other places in the area.
"Try Lakeport instead"
09/20/12 MzMurf Salida, California
The room seemed reasonably clean but for a non-smoking room it smelled like smoke. The toilet was not properly fastened to the floor and "rocked" when you sat on it. Then we discovered the shower curtain was moldy on the inside. We expressed these concerns upon checkout and got the response "Have a nice day." I don't think the woman spoke English. We wanted to stay in Kelseyville because it is closer to where we were going. But next time we will stay somewhere in Lakeport instead.
"OK Cheap"
08/05/12 Bryan W
Well equipped clean and OK confusion over booking, comfortable bed. Mouldy shower curtain needed attention. Close to freeway so a little noisy, cheap! No breakfast but coffee machine in room, noisy neighbours
"not cheap, mid week, out of season - dirty room"
10/21/11 2011unhappyguest2011 Seeley Lake, Montana
i have lived in kelseyville for decades and unfortunately had told many people that this was a decent place to stay even tho i had never stayed there. we finally slept there the night before we moved out of town. we are also aquainted with the owners and considered us almost friends, however for a tiny dirty room we were charged 60.00 mid week and out of season. husband chatted with the owner the next day and they gave no compensation. shower broken, bathtub ring. wish i could remember more to tell you but if you can find a room elsewhere, do.
"No frills but fit the bill perfectly!"
04/30/11 CalifTravelinsider Sacramento
would I stay here again? Absolutely! If you want five stars...not for you. An old motor court, you can only imagine the Kelseyville Motel in its hey day. I like it's funky appeal and clearly others did too. I met another Heron Festival attendee in the parking lot. I needed something inexpensive and close to Clear Lake State Park and this was ideal. Not only that, but downtown Kelseyville, while no surprise is suffering some of the same economic issues as the rest of the world, has some great dining options -- Saw Shop Gallery Bistro was delicious as always and enjoyed some fabulous ice cream at LuLu's just down the block. So back to the motel. The owners are very friendly! The rooms are small but more than sufficient. include small fridge, microwave AND free wireless from which I am currently writing. Other reviews complained about the lack of shampoo. Okay, while they have added some small packets....I would suggest you bring your own if you have more than a handful of hairs on your head.
"Definately could not recommend this Motel"
03/29/09 GirltravelCalifornia California
This was a very negative experience in several ways: * Our friends were quoted a price over the phone and then charged $20 more. * We were assigned a very noisy room next to the freeway. When we asked if we could be moved we were told no (despite the fact that a good number of rooms remained empty that night). *Our room was so small, the furniture filled almost all the space. * Coke machine was broken and took our money. Clerk said he knew it was broken, but did not put a sign on it and would not give me a refund. *Towels were dirty. *Only one cup in room for coffee
"Quaint place; best in the city. I'll stay there again."
12/01/08 JeffGrigg Saint Louis, MO
Quaint place. Under new management. Previous problems with checking in late have been resolved. (But still no free shampoo.) It's particularly quiet and relaxing. No, there is no pool. I like the place, and will stay there again.