All hotels in Brownsville, Tennessee, United States of America

• 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

"worked for us"
Just needed a bed for the night on our way to our final destination. Bed was comfy, but needed a ladder to get into the bed!! It was on a very high pedestal. Once we got the grasshopper out of the room we were good for the night.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"A step back in time"
The hotel was definitely off the beaten path. But it was fairly easy to find. The one drawback was thankfully I had packed my hair dryer. They did not have a hair dryer and they did not provide shampoo and hair conditioner.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2013
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Sunrise Inn

"Its a great and cheap place to stay the night"
05/11/15 Sammantha A Banner Elk, North Carolina
The staff was friendly and let me see the rooms before hand, I was worried it was bad because of how cheap it was. There was no office, it was a hotel room, it was $45 and she showed me what change I would get back which was cool and honest. It is far from the highway, but you are near downtown and next to an art sculpture and a grocery store. We got delivery from Dominoes which was across the street. They have coin operated laundry, ice machine worked, vending machine sodas were cold. Got a king size room with a couch. Couch was comfy except for the back. Fridge and microwave were clean. Bed was clean, only 3 pillows, tried to call for an extra one and tried to find someone but couldn't so we made due. Bathroom was clean, toilet and shower worked. Pretty updated, bed was super comfy, pillows were a bit soft. A/C worked great. No chain on the door, so we just propped up a chair against it for extra security. It was dusty though and I think the fridge was leaking because when we took our shoes off, the carpet in front was wet. I got a smoking room (we don't smoke), but you couldn't even tell the difference between smoking and non smoking, it just smelled clean. TV worked and so did wifi. I would recommend this and if I travel again, I'd stay here again.
"Awesome Place, Great Staff"
04/19/15 Noah C Vacaville, California
I recommend the Sunrise Inn in Brownsville,, TN. Big room, comfortable King bed, very clean. The Wi-Fi worked great and the staff was more than helpful and friendly. The room was large and comfortable with a couch, fridge, and flat screen TV. I stayed here as I was passing through Tennessee on my run across America. The owner Pete was very helpful with information about the area and town. Great town, great people, great place!
"Great for simple overnight"
04/17/15 Mary A Alexandria, VA
Only wanted place to sleep while traveling between Knoxville and Dallas and this place was ideal for that. Had to drive into town from interstate -- but made room quiet. Very reasonably priced and using Tennessee rest stop coupon was even cheaper. Room clean, spacious with comfortable bed pillows and sheets. No tissues or hair dryer, and ice machine didn't work, but had LCD screen and mini refrig. No major complaint at all; felt we got a bargain! VERY INTERESTING metal sculpture rising behind the motel -- you must look at all its detail.
"Awesome spot"
03/28/15 Trevis2015 Brownsville, Tennessee
one of the best motels ive stayed at in forever, Friendly staff and management. Awesome location. great service as well! highly recommended. i enjoyed my stay, Gas station and store close by for food as well as restuaraunts if your looking for a great place to spend a night or week i recommend sunset inn.
"Super value!"
12/14/14 Chevymom4x4 Newark, New York
This motel is more than a bit off of rt. 40, but worth the drive. They readily accepted our coupon which is rare these days, and our stay was good. The rooms are good sized, clean and comfortable with fridge, microwave and flat screen TV. The wifi worked great too. We forgot to specify non-smoking and our first room smelled awful but the desk clerk happily changed our room and then called to make sure out new room was acceptable. Very good stay.
"Another one of my favorites"
11/22/14 Jivananda Dallas, Texas
I travel a lot (like all the time) so I stay in a lot of Hotel/Motels. This is one of my favorites because of it's home-like atmosphere. It is just a few miles off of I-40 about 60 miles East of Memphis, TN., situated just off the town square of Brownsville, TN. This is a Mayberry type of town, like something out of a story book, quaint, peaceful, friendly, a really great little town. If you have business in Brownsville I recommend the Sunrise. I even stay here when I am just travelling through even though it is about 3 miles of the highway (I 40). I love staying at the Sunrise Inn because I can really get some quality rest there. The town may be small but large enough to have all that it needs. There are plenty of restaurants in town with Chinese food next door and pizza right across the street! Through the years they have continuously refurbished the Inn and now have all new beds, carpet, paint, plumbing fixtures, big screen flat TV and granite counter tops! I stop here when I want to wind down and rest. If that is what you are looking for and you are in the area...this is the place. Enjoy. Sincerely, Jim Champion
"Not bad for a 1 night stay"
10/27/14 KLE80_13 Dyersburg, Tennessee
Stayed here because of a family emergency. It was basically a place to sleep. The beds were comfortable and the flat screen TV was a plus. The deadbolt was broken and caused us to be locked in from the inside. The shower knob was broken so it was hard to tell what was cold or hot. Also, the tub didn't hold water so it was basically a stand up shower. The electrical outlets were not working in the bathroom. I wouldn't plan on staying here more than one night.
"Great place. Great owners and staff."
10/26/14 Michael G
Staying here now and will continue to stay here until the project I am on moves me further South. Not a single complaint. The area and location is perfect for my needs. The cleaning ladies are a pleasure to do business with as well. All around I give it a 12 out of 10 stars. Thank you Sunrise Inn for making an out-of-towner feel welcomed and appreciated. Keep up the good work.
"Hardly a number 1 rating"
10/19/14 global2e Albany NY
Very rundown motel. Smelled of cat urine and we saw several feral cats roaming the parking lot. Seems to be full time housing mixed with nightly accommodations. Room next door scene of several shouting matches throughout the night with people that would drive in, cause a ruckus, then leave. Not sure how this property was rated top in Brownsville. I book rooms over 50 nights a year - someone stacked the deck on this one.
"Clean and economical"
10/18/14 Teresa D Dallas TX
Old motel, but rooms have been renovated. New carpet, new paint, comfortable bed, flat screen TV, and good wifi. Parking is right at the door. Rooms were big and very clean. Not fancy, but certainly worth the good price we paid. The only thing I did not expect was that the motel is so far from I-40. Other motels in the area are on the highway and this one is in the town of Brownsville.