All hotels in Brownsville, Tennessee, United States of America

Rather comfortable
    Clean
  • Value for money
    Great room
"Very nice and comfortable"
Very nice hotel.Staff was professional and helpful.The room was very clean.We will definitely stay again!
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2016
Johnny
"worked for us"
Just needed a bed for the night on our way to our final destination. Bed was comfy, but needed a ladder to get into the bed!! It was on a very high pedestal. Once we got the grasshopper out of the room we were good for the night.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Thunderdome"
At the time I booked the hotel it never crossed my mind, but there is a reason that there are no external photos of this motel. That would be because the motel sits directly under what I can only describe as something from a movie. It is called "the minefield" (seriously, google it) and it looks like Thunderdome, from the Mad Max movie. It is a HUGE, massive structure made of metal poles, beams, etc and it the dwarfs the hotel. I initially thought this was somehow electrified. In the days since I left I have researched this and found it is actually considered outdoor art. ART. Lending to the Mad Max theme were the broken down vehicles (one car on blocks) and the sketchy people milling about outside the rooms. Just hanging out in the broken down cars. Oh and there's a prison on the other side of Thunderdome too. It looked like the people milling about were either recent parolees or they were planning to be inside the prison themselves, soon. The courthouse down the street and many bail bond offices nearby sealed the deal for us. My family refused to even get out of the car. We feared for our safety that much. I wouldn't recommend the location of this motel to anyone. Everything I read online prior to our trip spoke about how clean the rooms were and how nice the motel owners were and to give the motel a try. But at the end of the day, none of that matters if you're too afraid to even get out of your car to go inside.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
TravelTed
"A step back in time"
The hotel was definitely off the beaten path. But it was fairly easy to find. The one drawback was thankfully I had packed my hair dryer. They did not have a hair dryer and they did not provide shampoo and hair conditioner.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Meget flink vært med fint hotel"
Ejeren af hotellet var virkelig flink og vi følte os meget velkommen. Værelsets standard levede helt op til det forventede ift. prisen. Kan anbefales.
1 night romance trip Jan 28, 2016
DK
1 night business trip Dec 16, 2015
Matthew
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Sunrise Inn

"Nice owners and room But."
03/08/16 Roadsofa Morristown,Tennessee
Here is the low down on this place. Owners are super nice, room was good and clean. Now for the fun stuff. As soon as I parked in front of our room I had a guy asking me for money. The room next to ours someone lives in it and they had a cat cause there was cat food on the sidewalk and the area in front of the sidewalk smelled like cat piss. So everytime we opened our door wham the smell hit you. There was people standing down the way out side the rooms watching us. We opted for the Chinese buffet in the same parking lot so we could get back before dark. Several times during the night we kept hearing boom music so we didn't sleep well. The owners are super nice and I know they have to let people live in the rooms to make it but I wont return. They should set some rules for the people living there like not asking guests for money etc.
"Best room at the Sunrise Inn "
01/10/16
This is one of the best motels by far, the host is really friendly along with his family, and the rooms are very clean and everything in the room looks brand new from the bed, sheets, pillow cases, rug, couch, table and chair, nice flat screen TV, if you're on a budget and want the best bang for your buck this is the place to stay, I've stayed at many motels during my travels and I think the Sunrise Inn is the best one by far, I highly recommend the Sunrise Inn at 328 W. Main St, Brownsville Tennessee
"More than what you pay for"
01/05/16 bgburdette Charleston, South Carolina
Just to qualify, a 5 star rating for a $60 a night hotel is not the same as a 5 star rating for a $160 hotel. First the negative. There are a few of the type of people hanging around that you would expect to hang around a $60 per night motel, no door chain and the deadbolt could only be locked from the inside. The "knob lock" felt flimsy and was the only way to lock up when I left for the day. The positive: Run by a very very friendly and accommodating family. Everyone from the little girl to, what I believe was the grandfather was extremely nice and helpful. It's nice to support a family run business. The rooms were obviously recently updated and painted, good TV, clean beds, no smell from the microwave and non-smoking room did not smell like smoke at all. There was a police car which seemed to stay in the parking lot during the night which made me feel better considering some of the transients I saw passing through. The best was the water-pressure in the shower, it seems minor, but after a long day in the field it was the most appreciated feature in the entire hotel. I would not hesitate to book a stay at this hotel for business again.
"FRIENDLY"
12/05/15 BILL H
Stayed here on my way to Texas from Ohio and on my way back.. FRIENDLY, CLEAN AND ECONOMICAL. Both rooms were less than $ 50 , included microwave, small frig and 48" flat screen TV.w / cable. Door had lock and deadbolt. My first room had a king bed.and small couch. my second visit room had two queen beds and desk .both had dresser. Although it is an older motel it seems to be well kept and in current repair. parking spaces are too narrow to unload from but there is plenty of room to unload before you pull into the space.. they do have smoking and non-smoking rooms. I was pleased with my stay. thank you .
"It's sooooo good to be back!"
08/11/15 Jivananda Dallas, Texas
I am, once again, traveling through Tennessee. I always plan my trip in such a way so that I stop in Brownsville. This is a beautiful little town (very much like Mayberry), picturesque and comfortable. I love staying at the Sunrise Inn, it's like a home away from home to me. Through the years that I have been staying here I have noticed them constantly improving the place. I have seen how the owners children have grown and I have seen them prosper due to their dedication to serving their customers. I can really relax here and break my journey and ready myself for continuing my travel. It's really great to be back.
"Great place to stay for a great price!"
08/11/15 Jason T Allen, Texas
I stayed here as part of a three week motorcycle trip for a night. For the price, you can't beat it. My room was big and clean and the a/c worked great. The owners are very friendly and helpful. The motel is not on the Interstate, but that was exactly what I was looking for as I try to stay off the Interstates on motorcycle trips.
"Its a great and cheap place to stay the night"
05/11/15 Sammantha A Banner Elk, North Carolina
The staff was friendly and let me see the rooms before hand, I was worried it was bad because of how cheap it was. There was no office, it was a hotel room, it was $45 and she showed me what change I would get back which was cool and honest. It is far from the highway, but you are near downtown and next to an art sculpture and a grocery store. We got delivery from Dominoes which was across the street. They have coin operated laundry, ice machine worked, vending machine sodas were cold. Got a king size room with a couch. Couch was comfy except for the back. Fridge and microwave were clean. Bed was clean, only 3 pillows, tried to call for an extra one and tried to find someone but couldn't so we made due. Bathroom was clean, toilet and shower worked. Pretty updated, bed was super comfy, pillows were a bit soft. A/C worked great. No chain on the door, so we just propped up a chair against it for extra security. It was dusty though and I think the fridge was leaking because when we took our shoes off, the carpet in front was wet. I got a smoking room (we don't smoke), but you couldn't even tell the difference between smoking and non smoking, it just smelled clean. TV worked and so did wifi. I would recommend this and if I travel again, I'd stay here again.
"Awesome Place, Great Staff"
04/19/15 Noah C Vacaville, California
I recommend the Sunrise Inn in Brownsville,, TN. Big room, comfortable King bed, very clean. The Wi-Fi worked great and the staff was more than helpful and friendly. The room was large and comfortable with a couch, fridge, and flat screen TV. I stayed here as I was passing through Tennessee on my run across America. The owner Pete was very helpful with information about the area and town. Great town, great people, great place!
"Great for simple overnight"
04/17/15 Mary A Alexandria, VA
Only wanted place to sleep while traveling between Knoxville and Dallas and this place was ideal for that. Had to drive into town from interstate -- but made room quiet. Very reasonably priced and using Tennessee rest stop coupon was even cheaper. Room clean, spacious with comfortable bed pillows and sheets. No tissues or hair dryer, and ice machine didn't work, but had LCD screen and mini refrig. No major complaint at all; felt we got a bargain! VERY INTERESTING metal sculpture rising behind the motel -- you must look at all its detail.
"Awesome spot"
03/28/15 Trevis2015 Brownsville, Tennessee
one of the best motels ive stayed at in forever, Friendly staff and management. Awesome location. great service as well! highly recommended. i enjoyed my stay, Gas station and store close by for food as well as restuaraunts if your looking for a great place to spend a night or week i recommend sunset inn.