All hotels in San Francisco, Nayarit, Mexico
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereCalle Asia No 6, San Pancho, San Francisco, NAY, 63732, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Fabulous Food, very noisy to sleep"
The food in this hotel is some of the best in San Pancho and we always go for our first meal and last meal during our stays. This was the first time we rented a room here. The rooms are small, internet is EXTREMELY difficult in rooms (as we were on business --we needed access) had to lobby or street to get access. The chickens are awake all night -- We thought that chickens were suppose to sleep at some point. Pillow over head to get some rest.
3 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
"San Pancho Treasure"
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at this unique, artistically appointed, centrally located hotel in the heart of San Pancho (San Francisco), a town located about 45 miles north of Puerto Vallarta. Our stay included a daily breakfast of fresh fruit topped with yogurt, granola and honey ("cup of life") and really great coffee. We ordered fresh baked scones or pancakes that were delicious. Bistro, the popular onsite restaurant,serves outstanding organic meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations might be needed for dinner. We highly recommend this boutique hotel and restaurant and getting there is easy. If you're coming from Puerto Vallarta, for a reasonable fare, you may catch a public bus across the street from the harbor where the cruise ships arrive and be in San Pancho approximately an hour later.
3 night trip Feb 20, 2014
"Cielo Rojo the place to stay"
Very clean, very friendly service, and eager to accommodate any needs. Rooms were clean and they provide ear plugs which you will need to sleep past 5am. The restaurant Bistro Organico served the highest quality food we found all week.
3 night family trip Feb 19, 2014
Dan B
I miss the roster across the street. Victor was the best waiter at the awesome restaurant
6 night trip Feb 3, 2014
Jane Callahan
"A very solid place w/ nice staff and a comfy room"
I enjoyed a low-season deal and the place was tranquil.
4 night trip Oct 2, 2013
"Great hotel!"
Staff was excellent. Room was clean and beautiful with local feel. The organic bistro serves delicious food. Our family had a wonderful experience. We only stayed one night because we had reservations at a major resort. I wish I would have booked my whole week at Cielo Rojo. I had a great experience and plan on returning. My daughter who is the pickiest eater enjoyed her meals. I came back another day just to have a wonderful breakfast.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
"Peace and Tranquility"
I loved the staff and thank them for sowing me the city and its food.
4 night trip Apr 4, 2013
"Nice, safe hotel"
Nice quiet Inn with great food (a little pricey) but delicious. Felt very safe here. Beds were comfortable, nice showers with good water pressure. Only downside was that you couldn't get wi-fi in the rooms. Had to go out in the corridor to get online. But at least there are tables and chairs out there. Oh, and and waking up occasionally to a dog barking nearby in the middle of the night. The staff were all very nice and helpful, and spoke English. We would return to this hotel and recommend.
Other trip Mar 17, 2013
Jana & Jason
"My stay at Hotel Cielo Rojo in San Pancho, Mexico"
Cielo Rojo is located in the heart of San Pancho. They provided bikes that I could borrow (did not charge for the bikes.) I enjoyed touring the beach and the town. They let me use the phone anytime, had excellent food in the restaurant; they were extremely friendly. Everyone spoke English very well and I had fun practicing my Spanish with them as well. The room and hotel are very quaint and nice. I had my own bathroom and they even provided me with good clean drinking water. I was impressed with the quality of service. I will tell my friends about them and would love to stay there again.
4 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2013
Margie
"A wonderful boutique hotel"
This place is a gem in the little village of San Pancho. Some of the best Mexican food we've ever had. All organic and delicious. Fresh baked breads and pastries, the fish is fabulous and the service is wonderful. Will definitely go back!
Other trip Mar 5, 2013
Tracy
"Warm hospitality, beautiful setting"
We spent 8 nights at Cielo Rojo, and found it a pleasurable experience in every way. We were not the easiest of guests because of the special needs of my husband who has a bad back. Every one of the staff, from managers to waiters to housekeepers to the excellent chef went out of their way to make our stay there as comfortable as possible. They were creative and caring, finding a kind of chair my husband could sit in, providing ice on numerous occasions as well as freezing our re-usable cold pack, giving us advice about such things as how to get to other towns, where to get our hair cut, the weather, answering our many questions with patience and charm. The food was healthy and delicious, and I especially recommend the beautifully cut and presented fruit at breakfast and the whole grain toast. We happily recommend Cielo Rojo to anyone wishing for a beautiful small hotel full of art and color, and wonderful people.
Other trip Jan 22, 2013
Cinda
"A lovely boutique hotel"
We enjoyed our stay very much. The staff is very friendly and the food is delicious in the organic restaurant. Truly a wonderful find.
2 night trip Jan 7, 2013

"Noisy hotel close to all night parties and yelling"
Unfortunately the noise never stops, from loud music, the restaurant connected to the hotel goes until 12:00 with cleanup and loud staff, party music outside and then roosters crowing in the early morning.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Joette
"Local charm with world class service"
Welcoming staff and excellent service! Unique hotel,delicious,organic food...In authentic San Pancho. Never-to-be-forgotten experience...you will be back!
7 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"A beautiful stay!"
We had a great stay. The food was fantastic (homemade yoghurt and granola with beautiful fresh fruit among other delicious things), the staff were friendly and helpful, and the hotel was quite sweet. It surprised us how loud it was - the restaurant can get loud at night, and the chickens and dogs can forsure be heard from bed but you are in town, so you will hear town things! A quick walk to the beach... Miss it already!
Other trip Feb 8, 2013

"gran hotel!!"
Excelente experiencia y comida orgánica!!! Felicidades, lo recomiendo ampliamente!!!
3 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
claudia
"Muy bonito hotel"
Excelente servicio, me encanto el estilo del hotel, te hace sentir como en casa. Lo recomiendo ampliamente
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
victor
"Muy buen hotel"
Es un hotel pequeño pero muy bonito, el restaurante excelente, la comida muy rica y orgánica; lo único malo que no este ubicado en playa.
Other trip May 19, 2014
stelle
MX
"El mejor restaurante de México"
El Bistro Orgánico, ubicado dentro del hotel, es el mejor restaurante de México. Punto.
3 night romance trip May 8, 2014
MX
"Wunderschönes Design - Unbrauchbar als Hotelzimmer"
Das Hotel liegt etwa 500 m vom Strand entfernt. Das äußere und innere Design ist sehr gut, alles ist sehr sauber, das Personal ist freundlich, das Essen voll auf der "Bio"-Welle. Aber dieses "schöne Museum" ist eigentlich unbrauchbar als "Hotel": es gibt keinerlei Mobiliar zur Unterbringung Ihres Kofferinhaltes oder zum Sitzen (Stuhl, Tisch). Es gibt nur einen einzigen Haken an der Wand, an dem Sie Hosen, Jacken, Anzüge, etc. aufhängen können und keinerlei Schränke, Schubfächer, etc. zur Aufbewahrung von Hemden, Unterwäsche, etc. Das Trocknen nasser Badesachen ist nur auf der Mauer des kleinen Duschabteils möglich. Unser ebenerdiges Zimmer für 95 US$/Nacht war etwa 10 m2 groß plus 2 m2 Dusche/WC, hatte ein Fenster direkt auf den Gehweg 50 cm vor dem Hotel, der auch dessen "Raucherecke" darstellte, ein weiteres Fenster in das nachts auch hell beleuchtete Treppenhaus, es gab keinerlei Stuhl oder Schrank. Das Zimmer hatte keine Klimaanlage. Nur wer kurz "aus dem Koffer" leben will/kann ist mit dem Hotel gut beraten.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
Jonathan
DE
"Muy confortable pero........"
excelente trato y servicio....pero le salio un cucaracha en el baño a mi novia.......sabran el drama que hubo...pero todo el servicio y atencion son de primera
2 night trip Jul 23, 2013
MX
"Hotel para viajeros sin fronteras"
Hotel muy tranquilo, con todas las comodidades para desconectar. Lo mejor: no tiene TV en las habitaciones. El personal es muy amable y cercano. Dispone de un patio terraza muy agradable con muchísimas plantas y una decoración que parece que estas en tu casa. Habitaciones sencillas, con aire acondicionado y ventilador, suficiente para no pasar calor. Vistas estupendas desde las entrañas. Muy aireada y un baño con una ducha magnifica. Cerca de la playa, a tres cuadras. Todo tipo de facilidades para comprar o comer. Un lugar para sentirse como en casa y desconectar.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
Martha
MX
"Disappointed. Avoid room next to reception!"
Simple hotel. Not expensive but I didn't expect a noisy room right next to the reception with only the basics included. You could hear everything happening outside the room and everyone talking in the reception. Not even anywhere to hang clothes in the room! When I asked to change rooms they first said that they were full. The next day they said that I could change but given the price I paid I would have to pay more to change - I refused. Overall very disappointed. I had reserved 4 nights. I only stayed two. I lost the money I paid for the other two nights but it was worth it to move to a much more comfortable hotel.
4 night trip May 9, 2013
SE
"Limpio sencillo buena comida"
En General el hotel tiene una buena vibra de limpieza, acojedor, muy buen desayuno!!
3 night trip Jul 19, 2012
3 night trip Feb 17, 2013
3 night trip Oct 28, 2012
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Cielo Rojo

"Loved it...."
05/26/15 Janemaroni7777 Lo de Marcos, Mexico
This hotel is clean, private, chic and affordable.... The Organic Bistro on the first level has a delicious and sophisticated menu, with excellent service ! They also feature an amazing wine selection. The 2 room suites are beautifully designed for comfort, class and all with an artist flare...... The hotel over all is relaxing and refreshing.There is a small boutique in the reception area with great jewelry, bags, clothes, etc.... If you are visiting the area this is the place to stay !!!!!!
"wonderful wonderfulness"
05/21/15 Rlisa_7 Tacoma, Washington
I highly recommend Hotel Cielo Rojo . The staff was very friendly and the rooms were pleasantly decorated, extremely clean and comfortable. Someone was always on hand to answer questions. As a woman traveling alone I always felt safe and secure.
"Nice hotel in a quite town"
03/25/15 Nemersito San Luis Potosi, Mexico
This is a really nice hotel, organic hippie style, really clean, really nice hotel full of foreigners, I found the hotel a little bit expensive for what it is, thats why I giving 4 stars, I assume this hotel is made for foreing ttourism, besides that, everything is awesome!, San Pancho is an awesome quite town with a nice beach to relax, with friends or with your couple, I recommend highly to stay in Hotel Cielo Rojo and visit San Pancho Nayarit
"Our overall favorite on recent trip"
01/18/15 Syl D Vancouver, Canada
We found Cielo Rojo on Trip Advisor, how lucky for us. From the moment we arrived we were treated as if we were special. The lobby and entrance is so tastefully decorated. The dining area is comfortable and yet romantic. The food is covered separately but is truly the best. Our rooms were very clean, comfortable and the beds were excellent. We had a slight problem with lighting and it was attended to within ten minutes. The attitude of the staff indicates superior training and a happiness that only comes when everyone works together. It is also within walking distance of the beach and shops so you do not have to use a vehicle. It could be noisy early in evening but always quiet by 10 or 11 pm Well done
"An amazing place to stay"
12/13/14 Rhoonestone London, United Kingdom
Hotel Cielo Rojo is probably the nicest and most unique place I've ever stayed. Every detail and furnishing has been tastefully picked and has a unique feel. The restaurant is amazing and everything is prepared with incredible attention to detail with hand picked organic ingredients. The staff are helpful and welcoming. We stayed in the room 'Las Palmas'. You can see from the photo how it got it's name... It's one of the better value rooms, and the view is incredible. So yeah, just another glowing review to add to the list!
"Quiet Eligence"
12/11/14 Frank C Austin, Texas
Just returned from a 10 day stay in Mexico (San Pancho and San Sebastian). I discovered Hotel Cielo Rojo by walking around San Pancho and decided to give it a try. That was about 5 years ago. Now it is one of my favorite destinations. The staff are easy going, friendly, and competent. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The whole place reflects the organic approach that their amazing chef takes with their restaurant. The food is amazing!! Simple, elegant, organic, and fresh. They don't advertise themselves as a spa, but it is one of the most healthy and refreshing places I have ever visited. I will be going back time and time again.
"The Best Hotel Ever!"
12/01/14 Tricia_L1111 Bend
Six of us stayed here for a night on our way to a remote villa about 3 miles away. As much as we were all looking forward to getting to the villa, we didn't want to leave Cielo Rojo! I absolutely loved this place and will definitely make a point of coming back. The rooms were welcoming and tastefully done, the decor artsy, the food fresh, organic and amazing, the staff friendly, and the location perfect for walking to shops, restaurants and the beach where we were treated to tasty margaritas and an incredible sunset - Cielo Rojo indeed!!
"Beyond all expectations!"
11/25/14 Dawn H Los Angeles, California
I'd read the reviews on TripAdvisor for the Hotel Cielo Rojo but didn't realize it'd be better than I'd ever expected! The owners have done a magnificent job in all the eclectic details, and the cozy rooms were very comfortable and clean. Beyond just the character of the hotel, the food in the Bistro was delicious and immaculately prepared as well! I would definitely go back to the Hotel Cielo Rojo in a heartbeat, and would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of staying in the area.
"Perfect!"
11/25/14 mariana_contegni Mexico City, Mexico
We loved the hotel, the place is beautiful, comfortable, friendly, clean ... the perfect size with the right people! The attention is very good, we were advised that beaches to visit. Highly recommended! a perfect mix between simplicity and nice details. Very important not to stop eating in place, it is delicious !!! vegan food and charming chef.
"WONDERFUL STAY!"
11/03/14 Tony and Judy R Atascadero, Ca
WOW! Words cannot adequately explain the wonderful time we had at Hotel Cielo Rojo in San Francisco, Mex. (San Pancho). The room was super clean, the food served at the Hotel was excellent, and the complete staff was always happy, supportive, and extremely helpful. You could not ask for a better place to stay! It is rated 3- star, and probably should be rated 4 -star. The town was quaint, with few tourists. The beaches were beautiful, and the water was warm. Over all it was an excellent time for us. All staff was superb! Highly recommended! Tony and Judy Atascadero, Ca.