All hotels in Quebec, Quebec, Canada
1200, avenue Germain des Pres, Quebec, QC, G1V3M7, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8

"Great hotel would go again"
Friendly staff, modern interior design , which is important to us!! Very good service!
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
"Great hotel close to venue I was attending"
Wonderful hotel, friendly courteous staff, very clean, stylish great deco Will definitely go back next time I am in Quebec City
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
André
The staff was great. It was my Birthday and they give me some chocolates and birthday wishes. It was so special.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2013
"Perfect... if it weren't of the loud bar next door"
I love Le Germain hotels family, so I knew my stay at the ALT would be awesome. And... that was... Until around midnight, when the bar Ozone next door started to play its annoying and incredibly loud dance music. The bass passed through the walls / windows of our room and we couldn't sleep before 3 a.m., when the bar did (finally!!) close. We should have call the reception, but we didn't, thinking it was all the time like that. When we checked out the next morning, they told us they'd call the police if they had been informed and gave us a voucher for a future stay at Alt. They were very, very sorry... So, if you go there, ask for a room on the Place Laurier side and you'll have a wonderful stay ;-).
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2013
Josie
"Overnight"
Although I prefer stylish an d modern hotels like this one, I mist say that my biggest issue was the lack of lighting
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Great restaurant right there!"
Best hotel value in QC. COMFORTABLE BED, QUIET AND SUPER CLEAN
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2013
Arne Donovan
"Exploring Quebec City"
The location of this modern hotel could not have been better for us. We were close to three great shopping centres (basically across the street) and had easy access to old Quebec by car or bus. There are great restaurants within walking distance or you can choose to go to the food court for a quick inexpensive meal. The hotel was very clean and quiet and we loved the décor. The staff is bilingual and very friendly.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
Addie
"Extremely helfpul staff"
I realised when we checked in that i had forgotten to book réservations for the military tatoo that was on at the time. The staff were extremely helpful and proceeded to get me tickets for the event
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
pierre
"Very good hotel highly recommended"
Well located and close to the major shoppin center in quebec. Hotel staff and facility as described, very satisfactory. Very quite and noise proof. I would stay at ALT again:)
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"ALT hotel, Quebec City"
a bit plain, but very convenient to visit Québec City without being in the city center and with no need for a car (direct bus line). Clean, friendly young personnel
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"Nice room, but $2 for a coffee pod?"
When I look for room amenities and see that a coffee maker is available in the room, I am satisfied. Imagine my surprise (like many other reviewers) to find out that there is a $2 charge per pod of coffee!!! Really?? Since I had to be up at 4:30 a.m. I bought the coffee, and then was very disappointed when I tasted it....weak awful "coffee". It was more like light brown water. The bathroom was beautiful, but the fan didn't work, and since I checked in at 11:00 pm, I was too tired to complain. The linens were beautiful clean & white and the bed was comfortable. When I checked out, I forgot some clothing behind, and when I called to ask them to mail them to me, they were very obliging. It was nice having the Laurier Mall right across the street!
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2013
"Great hotel."
Great hotel, clean and quiet. Nice white decor. Exceptional sheets, great bed, super comfortable. Hotel is close to shopping centres, but not to Old Quebec City. However the city is not that big, it is not a big deal to drive to wherever you are going.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
Art
"Ahhhhmazing!"
Ahhhhhh! Finally, a hotel that gets it :) From the minute I walked into my beautiful room, I knew I had made the right decision to book at the Alt for 2 nights. I was in Quebec City for business and the last thing I want to see when I get back from a long day are dreadful curtains and a nonchalant staff. This was the opposite! I felt at home: safe and luxurious but not over the top - this hotel nailed it! Staff are super friendly and work really hard manning the telephone reservations as well as checking in a long line of clients. Carlos at the front desk is exceptionally friendly, courteous and very patient! I was very hesitant to order the breakfast on the second day I was there and I'm really glad I did! It was super yummy! I honestly rarely write positive reviews but this one is an exception. The only downside is that the parking lot fills up pretty quickly (and it's also tight to navigate) but the very friendly doorman will drive it down to their basement parking all for free :) I cannot wait to go back!
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
"Great place to stay-will return"
Very friendly staff- Clean rooms- Overall excellent services! Parking was a challenge, but only on our first day!
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
The room is small but nicely decorated. The bathroom is beautiful with a great shower and bathrobe included. CONS : The bed was hard and they do not offer complimentary coffee. You have to buy the Keurig kups. They should at least offer 2 of them then we buy the other.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2013
"Not friendly to business people"
No fitness facilities. No coffee in the room.....had to buy a K-cup at front desk for $2. Really?!?!
1 night business trip Jul 2, 2013
Bob the business guy
"HAVE BREAKFAST WILL TRAVEL"
THE MAIN PROBLEM WITH THIS HOTEL IS THAT THERE IS NO RSTAURANT IN THE HOTEL AND ON THE WEEKEND YOU CAN ONLY HAVE BREAKFAST IF YOU ORDER . wHICH i DI . CAME LATE AND COLD.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
It was great. Staff very friendly.
5 night business trip May 12, 2013
"It was ok..."
Very clean, nice room.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2013
Sue
"ALT Satisfaction"
The hotel was very clean and the staff very efficient. they went out of their way to please us. I highly recommend this location to anyone.
Other trip Feb 18, 2013
"Nice design, great beds, but where's the coffee?"
The hotel is nice, not fancy but cool/trendy and clean. Beds are very comfortable. One thing that's is utterly annoying - the nice espresso machine in the room with... the lack of capsules in the room. Finding out when you get up that not only do you have to pay $2 for your coffee capsule but that you have to go downstairs to get it from front desk is insulting and totally against providing a "cool and modern" experience for your guests. I just don't get it.
Other trip Feb 11, 2013
Genevieve
"St Foy, Alt"
Room was too warm during the night. The air conditioning shuts off automatically. Other than that, a great place to stay in Quebec. Close to shopping. Lots of places to eat nearby or take the bus into old Quebec.
Other trip Jan 27, 2013
Gordon
"ALT"
will definitely return, great staff, great location
Other trip Nov 11, 2012
"thumbs up"
The staff were wonderful - very friendly. The only problem was the lack of fan/ventilation in the bathroom! The rest of the hotel was great.
Other trip Oct 28, 2012
Gina
"Very comfortable hotel."
An excellent hotel in all aspects apart from the location. It was out of the main town areas and was a good 15/20 minute bus ride into town but wasn't a problem as the bus stop was just down the road and the buses were very frequent.
Other trip Oct 16, 2012
Mike.
"Very good for business travels"
Very nice hotel close to a lot of business places as well as two major shopping centers. Staff is very professional and the wifi connexion is very good.
Other trip Sep 21, 2012
Alain
"ALT at QC"
Fabulous food at the restaurant. room design excellent. Not a fan of the no free in-room . coffee as considered part of the minibar perks.
Other trip Sep 11, 2012
"A great time"
This hotel is very well organised and managed. The room has been clean, and the bathroom has everything one needs. A few inconvenients: the breakfast and the location. We like a nice continental breakfast, with lots of choices, which usually costs around $10.00. This was not the case. We have been wakened in the middle of the night by powerful knockings at the door for which we would not have received even an appologize if we would not have raised the issue at the reception next morning. But this are facts of life. All in all, we loved our trip, and we enjoyed our stay at ALT, but if we would have to go back to Quebec City, we would stay at Hilton or Marriott.
3 night family trip Aug 25, 2012
Couple
"Would definately stay there again"
The room was gorgeous, the bed was really comfy. Free parking, the hotel is just accross the street from a big fancy mall, but a long drive to the old city. The only resturant in the hotel was too expensive, and the room service options were too. If they can't have a low cost cafe option than I think they should have included complimentary coffee in the room, that would have made the morning much nicer for me. Sometimes it is the little things that are off putting, I didn't like that they were charging $2 for coffee packets...every other hotel we stayed at included at least one free coffee. Other than that it was a nice place to stay.
1 night romance trip Aug 24, 2012
Joanne
Had a great stay - lovely room - very clean and comfortable. Shower was great - pressure was very strong though. Bathroom would also need a few towel rails to hang towels. However would definitely stay again - good location near shopping and not far from Old Quebec downtown.
3 night trip Aug 20, 2012
Louise
"Amazing hotel"
Everything was perfect! The location is not the best. In fact, when you just get to the hotel parking lot it doesn't look too nice (a strip mall, no personality, no style and a Zellers across the street). But as soon as we walked into the hotel we were quite amazed. The rooms were impeccable- so stylish, clean and comfy. We almost forgot about it being in a strip mall.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2012
altlover
"Excellent Value"
Top notch accommodations. Easy access from major highways. Appreciated the valet parking service. Convenient location for shopping but need to use car or public transit to reach the main tourist areas. We would definitely use this hotel again.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2012
"Superb Value"
It was a quick "overnight" after a long drive but we could well imagine staying there for a longer time. Staff firendly and helpful, amenities superb, stylishness much appreciated. Now if you could just do something about the weather . . .
1 night trip Aug 11, 2012
Roger
"excellent"
We really enjoyed the stay at the Alt Hotel!! I would stay there again<
Other trip Aug 7, 2012
AD
"pleasant surprise"
ALT hotel was better than we expected. We liked everything about it. Having Starbucks steps away is great . Room was exceptionally clean and bed was comfortable. The only fault we found was that shower was leaking, they should put something to prevent it. Location was OK, taking bus 800 or 801 to downtown was pleasant. We will come again.
2 night trip Aug 3, 2012
"A good home base to work from."
My stay was very good.
4 night business trip Jul 30, 2012

"J'y retournerais sans hésitation"
Très bel hôtel, la chambre était propre et la salle de bain aussi. Très moderne. Juste en face de place Laurier et à proximité des différentes lignes d'autobus, son emplacement est très pratique.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
"parfais"
Vraiment agreable
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Mathieu
C'était super! Mon amoureux et moi avons beaucoup aimé! C'était chaleureux , propre et confortable! Nous allons revenir c'est certain!
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Eliane
"vacance"
Séjour pour le FEQ entre autre
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Martine
"Confortable et bien localisé"
Nous avons séjourné à l'hôtel pour une escapade romantique. Nous avons tombé sur une fin de semaine pluvieuse, mais comme la Place Laurier est juste en face, nous en avons profité pour faire un peu de magasinage. Beaucoup de restaurants à proximité. Très facile de se rendre en ville à partir de l'hôtel. La chambre était bien aménagé et confortable. Le lit était vraiment douillet et les produits pour la douche étaient de qualité. La chambre était propre. L'accueil était bien sympathique (personnel courtois). Je n'ai rien à redire!
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Marie-Eve
"Service excellent!!"
Excellent service, gens courtois, polis, gentils...au delà de nos attentes!
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Marie-Josée
"J'y retournerai."
Fin de semaine à Quebec, tourisme.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Therese
Superbe chambre de style moderne avec confort supérieur. Les services offert sont limités, mais le confort, la propreté et l'aménagement de la chambre étaient excellents
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Francois
"bien situé près des grands centres commerciaux"
Tout s'est bien déroulé, l'hotel était conforme aux spécifications.
3 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
joseph
"Confort a bon prix"
Décor boutique, lit blanc duveteux et confortable, bon cafe dans la chambre, rien ne manque.
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Viviane
"Très bon service et très propre"
J'ai passé un très bon séjour. Service impeccable et courtois. Nous avons eu une très belle expérience au restaurant de l'hôtel. Chambre moderne et propre. J'y retourne la prochaine fois.
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
Jerome
"Pour un week end magasinage en tout confort"
Idéal pour un week-end magasinage. Pas besoin de voiture, les boutiques sont toutes à la porte. Chambres modernes et confortables. Propreté impeccable!
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"Agréable"
Service impeccable
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Gervais
"Repos et tranquillité, propre et confortable"
Rue non achalandée qui nous permet d'aller au Centre d'achat en marchant,pas stressant,plutôt calme,bon restaurant,accessible pour prendre une marche du matin ou autre. Je n'ai rien de négatif à dire.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015