All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
1775 Ala Moana Boulevard, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

The Modern is awesome, every single member of the staff went above and beyond for whatever we needed.
4 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
"Great place to relax for the weekend!"
My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary and stayed at The Modern for the weekend. The staff were all welcoming and remembered my name throughout our stay. They were all courteous and professional. The hotel room was beautiful and spacious for the two of us. We were surprised with strawberries and champagne. I would definitely come back for another stay-cation in the future!
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Bianca
"great location for business trips"
We stayed here for business, and I love the location because you don't have to drive through the gridlock which is Waikiki Beach traffic to get downtown. The parking attendants and bell service people were great and very friendly. I found the breakfast service to be extremely laid back. Extremely. The room was very comfortable and we had no problem sleeping.
4 night business trip May 9, 2015
"Perfect Romantic Getaway"
We were immediately greeted and treated well. Bags brought up to our room and wifi explained by the bellman. Wonderful service, wonderful grounds, great room service and spa options
1 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
Erika
"Review"
Rooms are too small. Needs to have a separate bathroom not just have a pocket door and shutters. Pool area is very nice but a little on the small side. The food was great and the service at the bar and pool area was really good.
5 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
Craig
Everyone from the valets, check in, concierges, pool staff, and room service staff was incredible. The thoughtful layout and details of the hotel and service were also outstanding. It's now definitely one of my favorite hotels.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Jen
"Nice Boutique Hotel away from the Masses"
Honolulu doesn't have many boutique hotels, that allow you to get away from the masses. The Modern does, it doesn't have direct beach access and has a cool pool (a bit small) but it getting to the beach isn't a problem in Oahu. I don' like feeling like I am staying in a giant resort with lines to get into some giant average eatery. Plus most rooms look to have some view of the ocean. People will you know by name after a couple of days and are very accommodative on requests.
P
"Lovely hotel in good location"
The hotel was very nice and the staff very helpful and friendly at all times. We really enjoyed our stay there.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Lovey but noisy hotel on Waikiki"
Even from the 12th floor the noise from the hotel's nightclub was is unbearable, I I had difficultyhad trouble sleeping each night.
3 night business trip Mar 21, 2015
"DON'T ASK TO STAY AN EXTRA NIGHT!"
stayed for 6 days. i was stuck an extra day and they wouldn't honor the rate I had all week. very disappointed. thought it was on the beach. air condtioning at night didn't work so great.
6 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
"Best Hotel in Honolulu!"
We celebrated our honeymoon with this trip to the beautiful island of Oahu and had been given so many suggestions and opinions on where to stay. After staying at The Modern, there is no doubt we made the best decision! The hotel sits just a few steps from Waikiki beach and has the most magnificent view of the Honolulu marina. It is the perfect location to take advantage of a spectacular Hawaiian sunset without leaving your room. Every evening there was live entertainment in the lobby bar called The Study. Great drinks, even better ambiance. They also have one of the hottest nightclubs on the island called Addiction. The staff was very attentive and accomodating. We felt so spoiled we truly did not want to leave. Someone must have done a lot of research and put a lot of effort into this place because every detail is perfect! The hotel even smells amazing!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
the keithleys
"Exelent"
Best place!!!ppl very nice very good food i loved it...
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
shpat
"GREAT Honolulu experience..."
EVERYTHING could not have been better! We had a great week at a GREAT hotel.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Staff is great. Location is almost perfect. Hotel food overpriced but expected.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
from SF BayArea
"Fantastic stay!"
Hotel is beautiful. Staff are professional and friendly. We like the scale of the hotel (intimate/small) and its location (a bit off the beaten path). We will definitely return!
4 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
"Very modern hotel"
Small boutique-ish hotel. Very modern and hip. We had 2 small children, which was fine with us, but this hotel is probably most appropriate for singles or couples. Rooms were pretty spacious and clean. Best thing about the hotel was an amazing (but expensive) brunch at the on-site restaurant. 2 downsides: car parking/valet entrance is horrendous. The entrance is right at a busy intersection and very very tiny. It took us 15 min just to turn into the entrance due to traffic being back up at the entrance. Also, again with the family appropriateness them, there is very little privacy between the bathroom and the room itself. There are shutter blinds that even when you close them, you can see peek through and also hear what is going on (including when folks go to #2 bathroom break).
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Cutest hotel ever!"
I loved everything about this hotel! My mom and I had the best stay. The design is so cute in the lobby, rooms etc. When I was booking the hotel, I thought it was on the beach from the map but it's across the street from the marina. The location was fine though and the pool area is fabulous! Someone walks you to your chair and puts on the chair cover/adjusts the umbrella and they bring you treats about once an hour. The pools overlook the marina/ocean and it's a very pretty view. They also let you take towels to the beach. I ordered the coconut, lime mojito twice and it was delicious. We also ordered room service and it was very good. Top notch customer service all around. Everyone was so nice and polite. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Maggie
Good hotel. Good location. We were happy with our stay.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Teena
"Noisy hotel"
Very noisy at night. We had 2 rooms for a family of 5. We stayed on the 6th floor. Constant noise throughout the night until 3:30 A.M.
4 night family trip Feb 17, 2015
terry
"Nice; close to everything, with fabulous service!"
Centrally locate on the southern end of Waikiki, sandwiched in between many larger hotels, we were nonetheless, very satisfied. The rooms were kept immaculate -- and I do mean immaculate! The Japanese restaurant, Murimoto's, on the second floor is simply superb. So was the near by Royal Garden Chinese restaurant. Another advantage is that all of the tour buses meet a few steps around the corner from the Modern Honolulu. Concierge service also was first-rate. Even room service food was "off the charts," a first for us in all our travels. Usually, room service food is just barely palatable, but here, it made us stand at attention. And no wonder, the food in Honolulu is in a class unto itself. The only negative we had was a very minor one very much unbefitting a hotel of such high quality: hustled for tips by being told that the ice machine was broken, making it necessary to call for a valet each time we needed ice. It was annoying but we got around it by going ice-less. I so wished this had not happened, then this would be a 10-star, rather than just a 5-star rating.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Herb
"Minimalist + Gorgeous Hotel in Honolulu"
My husband and I stayed in O'ahu for 7 nights and 8 days and spent the first 3 at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and the last 4 at the Modern Honolulu. While the Hilton was nice, we would have spent all 7 nights at the Modern after experiencing both. The Modern Honolulu is breathtakingly gorgeous, pristine, clean, the staff is extremely friendly and full of great recommendations and the maids and turn-down service are just the icing on the cake. We were on a "babymoon" and found that the Modern was a perfect fit for that purpose. There were very few kids and the ones that were there were well behaved and looked after by their parents unlike the Hilton which was just a zoo full of families. I can't recommend this hotel enough. We will be back!
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Megan
"Absolutley Amazing!"
This was my first stay at The Modern. Wow! I stay in hotels 100 nights a year and this place is now in my top 5 favorites. Room is awesome. Super quiet. Very chic and bed so comfortable. Pools are simply majestic. The staff is five star all the way. The food at the pool is so good I only ate there for three days! The chicken sandwich is the best I have ever had. Do yourself a favor a stay at the hotel!
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Great Hotel with Fantastic Staff"
The Modern Hotel has a very modern feel. It has a clean look and refreshingly pleasant and efficient staff. A cold lemon and mint drink and damp towel at check-in were most welcome. Our room was clean and well appointed with a great bathroom and walk-in shower, none of the 'over the bath' problems! It was close to the lifts but there was no noise; they shutdown the lift closest to rooms over night. We had a partial marina and ocean view from the balcony, the pool is good and the beach close. Food in the Sunset Bar was hot, well cooked and well presented. All-in-all, the best place we've stayed in for many years, and the staff were smartly dressed, smiley, friendly and helpful, and I make no apologies for repeating good staff comments.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Convenient transportation."
The price is unreasonably high and only valet parking. I don't like it.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Alex
"Great Hotel, An Oasis in A Touristy Waikiki"
We loved The Modern -- it's a creative hotel with amazing service, and seemingly one of the only boutique hotels on the Waikiki strip. The pool is great, and the property is top notch.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Jen
"Beautiful hotel right on the beach"
I have nothing but praise for this hotel-the concierge was extremely helpful and knowledgeable and was able to recommend the most amazing tours and activities. The room was comfortable and spotless, and housekeeping even offered turndown service in the evening. The hotel was a five minute walk from the gorgeous Waikiki beach, and had its own pool and beach that were both very nice. Should I ever go back to Honolulu, I would definitely stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Jenny
"don't stay here - not worth the price"
we stayed here for 4 nights. While the room was very modern and clean - the room was too small for the price and the bath was too small to share The food and drinks in the restaurant are very expensive Room service was very slow and twice gave us a very soggy uneatable sandwich When I come back to Honolulu for a luxury stay it won't be here
4 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
Martin
The hotel was very nice and their service is outstanding. the only thing they need to improve is their staff communication a little more when it comes to getting your car from Valet parking. The rooms get cleaned around 3:00 pm and they provide you with ice and a put a cookie on your bed daily. Towels were never a problem, and they did a great job cleaning. The concierge was great and the free coffee and tea in the morning was great. Food is amazing, you def need to give it a try!
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"A great place to stay!"
I booked this based on the great reviews, not it's my turn to add my review. My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary by visiting Oahu. We spend 6 nights at the Modern. The place in very clean, and the staff are terrific. I like the little extras like the evening turn down service with a surf board cookie.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Doug
"Outstanding service!"
Gorgeous facilities, service is incredible, neat and modern!
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Eddie
"Lovely hotel, awesome staff"
We had a great time at the Modern. The hotel was beautiful, as was the pool-side restaurant and bar. We loved walking up and down nearby Waikiki beach, and exploring local shops. Other reviews mention how nice all of the staff were, and we were very impressed by this as well. The hotel lobby is stylish, and makes great use of the space, serving as a breakfast area in the mornings, and an upscale bar at night. We definitely look forward to going back sometime!
4 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Location is far away to anything. Front door is small and hard to find, if you want live in this hotel, rent a car.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Harry
stayed a week for work. Very convenient. Once I got to the hotel I didn't have to leave. 3 bars, poolside dining, morimoto's and a club. Easy to have people over to entertain. Staff was great. Will be back next year. Only regret, I didn't get to enjoy the spa.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
crena
"Best hotel I have ever been!"
It is not only about this most beautiful hotel, it is about focus on every detail in design here (lobby, rooms, pool). There is very, very friendly, helpful and nice looking staff :) . There is very nice swimming pool. Room cleaning more than 2x daily. Close to the beach, about 200 meters. And the best cookies on the bed every day :-)
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Honza
"Airy, spacious minimalism"
This place is a gem. It manages to pull off airy, spacious minimalism with attentive service and laid-back class. Rooms are clean and well appointed. The location (towards the end of Waikiki Beach) is slightly further from the action than some of the other major hotels in the area, but you're a maximum 30 minute walk from anywhere you'd want to go on the beach and have the option to opt-out of the tourist craziness a little if you like. Pool is great, food is great (Morimoto restaurant in the hotel is excellent), service is outstanding. I will be returning.
4 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Patrick
"Should have researched the area better"
Nice hotel, clean and fresh, friendly helpful staff awful area. Fairly loud at night, lots of young beautiful people. Should have looked in to Waikiki Beach before I booked a hotel there.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Alana
"A relationship problem….?!"
I suspect there to be a "relationship problem" between the hotel (The Modern) and the signature restaurant (Morimoto), high-lighted by New Year eve activities, or lack of, in the case of Morimoto, where it would have made for a more entertaining evening if Morimoto had extended it's usual hours until after midnight….! Having said that, and dined many times since it's establishment, at the Morimoto, it remains one of the best dining experiences in Honolulu.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
FB
"super staff, cool design"
Clean, cool design. Every single staff member we met was notably nice.
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
"Modern hotel with great facilities"
My 2nd vacation in Hawaii and I am staying in this hotel again. I love it.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Marina
"good for adults without children"
Great staff nice pool area, good location. Greta fro adults who don't want to be with a lot of families. Rooms can be a little noisy due to traffic outside. Very good in general.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
JBee
"it is not good place for family vacation"
It is morden style,but it is really uncomfortale and pool service is not acceptable. You will see how many times bumped coner of bed in the room and I can list up more than 10 issues
3 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
jeon
"Very trendy hotel"
The hotel was very hip and modern. Great value with cool bar and club within it.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"New trendy hotel"
The hotel was very trendy and the facility is new so it was a comfortable stay. No old carpet smell like the other hotels at Waikiki. The food and ambiance at the pool side dinning was great, very romantic at night! My only complain is that it is not close to the beach.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
RW
"Holiday getaway"
We are a Kauai family passing through Honolulu for the holidays. We very much enjoyed hanging out at the Modern, dining, pool lounging, working out and using the hotel as a base to explore the city. The holiday decorations were creative and clever. The staff was super helpful and kind in all departments and we were delighted in our hotel choice. We will definitely be back many times in the future.
3 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Shelly
"A place to stay for our family in Oahu."
Exceptional experience with no hitches during a very busy time of year. Christmas! Thank you Modern Hotel for hosting my family of four; myself, my husband, and two children. We would come again. Professional, clean and not confusing. One thing though; we wish the rooms had a bathtub or at least there would be a jacuzzi on property. There were neither available.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"On the border between Honolulu and Waikiki"
Really enjoyed the Modern Honolulu. It is near everything but away from the crowds. The staff were very helpful and the room was comfortable and clean with a nice balcony. Even though we did not have an ocean view we could see the ocean from the balcony.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Not as clean as a 4 star hotels should be"
Hotel staff are nice Nice facilities But the cleaning job was not good, dusty bathroom and closet shelves. No glass windows between bathroom and bedroom, only blinds, so noisy when one person uses the bathroom.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
jackie
"Great romantic getaway"
Great spot for adults. Nice pools with some shade (which I appreciate). The staff in The Study bar was particularly good. Great drinks and service, with good live music. Pool staff could police abandoned lounges a bit better, but pool waitresses were great.
4 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Best Honolulu "modern"hotel indeed!"
The pool area is really pleasant, nice relaxed atmosphere for breakfast and dinner as well. Having Morimoto restaurant was an unexpected plus!
3 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"The BEST of Honolulu!"
This is by far one of the best hotels in Honolulu. Being that I frequent Oahu for business, I am a loyal guest of the Modern because of their exceptional service. I ALWAYS enjoy my stays at the Modern. The food is great, staff goes above and beyond and you have to check out their spa!
2 night family trip Dec 13, 2014