All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1775 Ala Moana Boulevard, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Review"
Rooms are too small. Needs to have a separate bathroom not just have a pocket door and shutters. Pool area is very nice but a little on the small side. The food was great and the service at the bar and pool area was really good.
5 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
Craig
"Lovey but noisy hotel on Waikiki"
Even from the 12th floor the noise from the hotel's nightclub was is unbearable, I I had difficultyhad trouble sleeping each night.
3 night business trip Mar 21, 2015
"DON'T ASK TO STAY AN EXTRA NIGHT!"
stayed for 6 days. i was stuck an extra day and they wouldn't honor the rate I had all week. very disappointed. thought it was on the beach. air condtioning at night didn't work so great.
6 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
"Fantastic stay!"
Hotel is beautiful. Staff are professional and friendly. We like the scale of the hotel (intimate/small) and its location (a bit off the beaten path). We will definitely return!
4 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
"Noisy hotel"
Very noisy at night. We had 2 rooms for a family of 5. We stayed on the 6th floor. Constant noise throughout the night until 3:30 A.M.
4 night family trip Feb 17, 2015
terry
"Great Hotel, An Oasis in A Touristy Waikiki"
We loved The Modern -- it's a creative hotel with amazing service, and seemingly one of the only boutique hotels on the Waikiki strip. The pool is great, and the property is top notch.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Jen
"don't stay here - not worth the price"
we stayed here for 4 nights. While the room was very modern and clean - the room was too small for the price and the bath was too small to share The food and drinks in the restaurant are very expensive Room service was very slow and twice gave us a very soggy uneatable sandwich When I come back to Honolulu for a luxury stay it won't be here
4 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
Martin
"Lovely hotel, awesome staff"
We had a great time at the Modern. The hotel was beautiful, as was the pool-side restaurant and bar. We loved walking up and down nearby Waikiki beach, and exploring local shops. Other reviews mention how nice all of the staff were, and we were very impressed by this as well. The hotel lobby is stylish, and makes great use of the space, serving as a breakfast area in the mornings, and an upscale bar at night. We definitely look forward to going back sometime!
4 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Best hotel I have ever been!"
It is not only about this most beautiful hotel, it is about focus on every detail in design here (lobby, rooms, pool). There is very, very friendly, helpful and nice looking staff :) . There is very nice swimming pool. Room cleaning more than 2x daily. Close to the beach, about 200 meters. And the best cookies on the bed every day :-)
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Honza
"Airy, spacious minimalism"
This place is a gem. It manages to pull off airy, spacious minimalism with attentive service and laid-back class. Rooms are clean and well appointed. The location (towards the end of Waikiki Beach) is slightly further from the action than some of the other major hotels in the area, but you're a maximum 30 minute walk from anywhere you'd want to go on the beach and have the option to opt-out of the tourist craziness a little if you like. Pool is great, food is great (Morimoto restaurant in the hotel is excellent), service is outstanding. I will be returning.
4 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Patrick
"Should have researched the area better"
Nice hotel, clean and fresh, friendly helpful staff awful area. Fairly loud at night, lots of young beautiful people. Should have looked in to Waikiki Beach before I booked a hotel there.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Alana
"A relationship problem….?!"
I suspect there to be a "relationship problem" between the hotel (The Modern) and the signature restaurant (Morimoto), high-lighted by New Year eve activities, or lack of, in the case of Morimoto, where it would have made for a more entertaining evening if Morimoto had extended it's usual hours until after midnight….! Having said that, and dined many times since it's establishment, at the Morimoto, it remains one of the best dining experiences in Honolulu.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
FB
"super staff, cool design"
Clean, cool design. Every single staff member we met was notably nice.
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
"Modern hotel with great facilities"
My 2nd vacation in Hawaii and I am staying in this hotel again. I love it.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Marina
"good for adults without children"
Great staff nice pool area, good location. Greta fro adults who don't want to be with a lot of families. Rooms can be a little noisy due to traffic outside. Very good in general.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
JBee
"it is not good place for family vacation"
It is morden style,but it is really uncomfortale and pool service is not acceptable. You will see how many times bumped coner of bed in the room and I can list up more than 10 issues
3 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
jeon
"Very trendy hotel"
The hotel was very hip and modern. Great value with cool bar and club within it.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"New trendy hotel"
The hotel was very trendy and the facility is new so it was a comfortable stay. No old carpet smell like the other hotels at Waikiki. The food and ambiance at the pool side dinning was great, very romantic at night! My only complain is that it is not close to the beach.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
RW
"Holiday getaway"
We are a Kauai family passing through Honolulu for the holidays. We very much enjoyed hanging out at the Modern, dining, pool lounging, working out and using the hotel as a base to explore the city. The holiday decorations were creative and clever. The staff was super helpful and kind in all departments and we were delighted in our hotel choice. We will definitely be back many times in the future.
3 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Shelly
"A place to stay for our family in Oahu."
Exceptional experience with no hitches during a very busy time of year. Christmas! Thank you Modern Hotel for hosting my family of four; myself, my husband, and two children. We would come again. Professional, clean and not confusing. One thing though; we wish the rooms had a bathtub or at least there would be a jacuzzi on property. There were neither available.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"On the border between Honolulu and Waikiki"
Really enjoyed the Modern Honolulu. It is near everything but away from the crowds. The staff were very helpful and the room was comfortable and clean with a nice balcony. Even though we did not have an ocean view we could see the ocean from the balcony.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Not as clean as a 4 star hotels should be"
Hotel staff are nice Nice facilities But the cleaning job was not good, dusty bathroom and closet shelves. No glass windows between bathroom and bedroom, only blinds, so noisy when one person uses the bathroom.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
jackie
"Great romantic getaway"
Great spot for adults. Nice pools with some shade (which I appreciate). The staff in The Study bar was particularly good. Great drinks and service, with good live music. Pool staff could police abandoned lounges a bit better, but pool waitresses were great.
4 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Best Honolulu "modern"hotel indeed!"
The pool area is really pleasant, nice relaxed atmosphere for breakfast and dinner as well. Having Morimoto restaurant was an unexpected plus!
3 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"The BEST of Honolulu!"
This is by far one of the best hotels in Honolulu. Being that I frequent Oahu for business, I am a loyal guest of the Modern because of their exceptional service. I ALWAYS enjoy my stays at the Modern. The food is great, staff goes above and beyond and you have to check out their spa!
2 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
Stacy
I was expecting more beach but I got more city than beach.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Nice hotel close to Waikiki beach and the shopping"
Pros: Nice hotel, good location, very friendly staff, close to shopping mall and Waikiki beach, bus station. Cons: Small pool, valet parking only or self parking across the hotel not included in price and expensive.
"Above and Beyond Staff"
Hotel room was stunning. Staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was comfortable. Had a wonderful room. Very spacious and we were fortunate enough to get the one room with a wrap around balcony.
"The Modern Honolulu"
Words cannot express my stay at this hotel. The customer service from start to finish was superb. As a first timer to the island, I can say this was the best choice.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
cr
room was good and clean but the bathroom is too small...
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
"great hotel in a quieter area"
We stayed one night directly in the heart of Waikiki and then another night here. I much preferred this hotel. It was not as crowded, and had some great places to eat and a cute harbour bar next door that were not touristy overpriced. Can walk directly out to front, the harbour is there and then down to the left is the lagoon next to the beach which is a nice place to go in the water or sit on the grass with a blanket. would return and stay here.Beds are super nice and so is the shower and the large tv.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
anita
"Awesome hotel!"
Everyone was extremely accommodating and helpful the moment I arrived. The room was spacious, clean, and I would stay at this hotel any time I visit Honolulu!
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
"great!"
Staff are all kind,and service is good! My darters were happy!
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
hiko
"New hotel close to the beach and restaurants"
The hotel is only 10 mins walk away from Waikiki beach and close to the main shopping avenue and restaurants. It's very clean and our room with sea view was spacious! They have one of the best outdoor pools with lots of sun bathing chairs and their restaurant Morimoto serves really good sashimi!
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Christelle
"Superb choice!"
Super hotel, location away for hustle bustle and still walking distance. Bathroom is not soundproof! Very happy with my secret hotel!
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
yvrgirl
"It's Hawaii Duh"
Good getaway close to shopping and dining options and staff took of all requests promptly. Zero disappointments with the Modern,already booked for 2015.
8 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"OK"
I would rate the hotel 4.5 stars. The service all around was perfect: Front desk, concierge, pool, cleaning, were excellent help. We stayed here for 5 nights. My only major complaint: These 2 young stuck up staff members by the pool treated us as if we were not paying customers! MAJOR snobby attitude. What a turn off. We ordered food. Needed the check. Our waitress was no where to be found for over an hour! I went to up to the towel girl to ask her if we can get the check. Towel girl rolled her eyes at us, treated us as if we didn't understand english, and interrogated us on where we sat by the pool. I had my ID and my credit card on me and told her my room number so they could put it to my card/room. She still insisted on me actually repeating what i had ordered on my menu. She made my wife and i feel like we were lying and not paying customers! Incredible. The fact that I'm even writing this on a online text box on my day back from the trip... I wish these 2 people did not taint the perfect experience we had at this hotel. Also, the hotel has a popular nightclub so if you want a good nights sleep on friday or saturday night... good luck. the street is full of yelling from loud drunk frat like men and women. Not peaceful at night when they all spill out of the club...
4 night romance trip Nov 18, 2014
"Just a real nice getaway"
This was a destination wedding for a friend. Real nice. The experience was great, from walking in to checking out. Just prepare for Maui hotel prices on food and drink. There are, however, nearby bars and eateries in Wailea. Not that I'm a good golfer, but it would be nice to walk the links nearby. You can also go snorkeling right from the beach. Basically all that you would need on a getaway vacation is there. Concierge is very helpful, especially pre-trip when emailing with them about excursions and getting to the hotel from the airport.
Matthew Cody
"Great location for both beach and shopping"
It was so easy to access Waikiki beach for morning walks or sunset strolls. Ala Moana Shopping Center is a short walk away. Hotel staff were always available and attentive. We enjoyed samples of refreshments by the poolside, and free coffee every morning. The hotel design is very attractive and, well, modern!
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"great hotel"
I book this hotel of the reviews from this site and they lived up to all expectations. The facilities and staff gets an A+. Thank you to the manager
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
kev
"Very modern and clean hotel, friendly staff."
The hotel is very modern. Mostly younger generation stays there will make me feel great to have people around the same ago around. Staff in the hotel is The hotel is about 5mjn walk to Waikiki beach, not on it but not far at all. The pool area is nice but a bit small to really swim. But bar and kitchen service at the pool area is great. Gym is good size and clean. The interior design of the room is very nice, modern and white colored with Hawaii style decoration. The bath room design in standard room is pretty interesting. I and my family had a great experience staying there
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
mike
We love staying here. Very chill and cool. Probably not great for families with kids, but as a couple it's great.
1 night romance trip Oct 21, 2014
Micha
"Great suite, walking distance to much shopping"
We loved our stay at the Modern Honolulu. The suite was awesome and very comfortable. They had a great shower. The general pool was a nice place to relax. The provided slippers were not large enough to fit my size 12 feet but it wasn't a big deal. The turn down service was a nice touch, my wife loved the complementary cookies! There is an ABC store across the street to enable you to stock up on some cheaper snacks and beverages. The partnership with the garage next store was nice to help save on nightly parking. If you walk west you'll find an enormous mall, if you walk east you will find tons of shops. The few down sides of the hotel are we paid for an ocean view suite but it wasn't direct viewing, it was off to the side, it may just be how things are defined in the industry, we had a view over a parking garage on the 16th floor, off to the side was the marina which was very nice, we could see the sunset from the balcony. Next, it's a bit of a walk to get to the real beach, you could walk down the ramp near the pool to the marina parking lot, follow the fence a little bit, enter a man made lake area, go around the lake to the beach... or you could walk down the street and cut through the Hilton Village neither are very quick but manageable. Overall we were very happy with what we got for value compared to the other hotel we booked on the island.
4 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
"No complaints everything was perfect"
I am in the hotel business and own a 100+ room hotel at a major lake and ski area in Northern California. The staff was excellent at The Modern Honolulu and extremely courteous. I told them that I hope my staff is such when we owners are not at our property. 5 Stars to The Modern Honolulu.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
hotel owner Tah
"Nicest hotel close to the airport!"
Good place to stay within 15-20 minutes to airport. Much better than the hour (or more sometimes) ride into Waikiki. Coffee and tea in the am - but you have to pay for that croissant! Nice pools and bar. Pricey but you get what you pay for and what you get is a very pleasant atmosphere and immaculate grounds. Would return again. Morimoto is good but again pricey. If you know good sushi from NY or other areas you may be a tad disappointed. Great room and deck though - it is a nice experience.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
liz
"Better than a St. Regis"
My husband and I came to the modern for our first anniversary. We were beyond pleased. We've traveled all over the world and stayed in hotels famous for their service - The Modern is on par or better than the best of them. Service was absolutely impeccable, facilities were fantastic, everything was perfect. Front desk even knew our name by the time we left and this is not a small hotel. Promise you wont be disappointed. Can't wait to go back. Food is a little expensive, but typical for a nice hotel. F
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Ashley
"Loved it"
I can't say enough about The Modern and my fantastic stay there. It was perfect. I'd recommend it to you. I have previously stayed on Waikiki, and wasn't sure about being a few blocks off. But The Modern is so perfectly situated, it's better than being on the beach. The Pool and the crew out there (say Hi to David the bartender for me!) have obviously taken some Be Really Cool pills at the start of the day, and they are. The front desk team is top of the line. The bars are all great. Even Addiction, with a bit of a rowdy crowd late-night, but still a good place to hang. I'm already looking at booking another trip in a few months. Long way to go from DC, but if it's not too obvious, I think it's worth it.
4 night romance trip Sep 24, 2014
PatricM
"Outstanding Hotel"
Greatest hotel I've every stayed at.
5 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Friend's Hawaiian Wedding"
The pool was the best part of the hotel although we ended up spending all our day at the beach (walking distance). Valet parking is the only in and out option and it's $28 per night plus tip. We ended up mostly walking and taking cabs. Our phone was broken (unable to dial guest services) and we told the front desk but they seemed to forget to fix it. Rooms were clean and simple but pretty nice. Nice balcony. Nice bathroom accessories.
4 night trip with friends Sep 17, 2014
Kate
"Stylish Paradise"
The Modern has a fresh approach to a tropical get-away. Every area is cool, clean and subtle with a hip vibe. The pool area is wonderful and looks out to the yacht harbor and ocean; an adult pool is available as well on a private upper level with sand and tropical foliage. It is in the Waikiki area so is conveniently located for beach and water sports, but also for shopping, dining and touring.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014