All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
1775 Ala Moana Boulevard, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Awesome vibe
    Great pool
    Good internet service
"Big let down"
Not worth the price tag... From the start to the finish we were unimpressed with this hotel. Bell service took 30 minutes to deliver our bags to our room and it wasn't even crowded when we arrived. Room had trash on the floor, and hair in the bathroom. Pool service was the worst! 4 out of our 6 days at the pool we had cocktail servers walk right by us multiple times and not even acknowledge us! We'd wait 20 minutes and finally I'd go order from the bar. I'd definitely look elsewhere when booking in Waikiki.
5 night romance trip Jan 23, 2016
"Short notice booking"
- Close to Ala Moana Center & Beach Park - Ideal as "Home Base" when planning trips - Room size was surprisingly big for a Hotel steht Waikiki
6 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
Hotel is very nice. Pool bar staff seemed so preoccupied being "cool" that we never go any service.
1 night romance trip Dec 14, 2015
"Enjoyed the Modern Hotel"
Overal everything was great .. Only thing I didn't care for was having to ask for ice, I hated to bother anyone for a bucket of ice, and a small bucket at that.i could have gotten my own ice. But any time we called it was very quick. Didn't care for the waffle weave banker/spread , uncomfortable, required a second one . The location was great for shopping, transportation, and walking. Did not care for the slat decoration between bedroom and bathroom. Some things should be left for privacy, like sounds. The keurig coffee service was great. Would have loved a continental breakfast.
4 night romance trip Dec 9, 2015
donald j
"Thanksgiving Break"
Enjoyed our stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great breakfast.
4 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
Everything was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any and everyone.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2015
Brianna
"Modern Chic playfully displayed"
Welcoming front desk set up with artistic surfboards behind the reception desk and cool hidden bookcase door opens up in the morning to serve breakfast and bar with live music in the evening was pretty cool. Loved the linens and headboards in the room and the sliding wooden shutters added a natural feel. The staff was attentive and responsive. So I'm sure they'll quickly address areas that need some extra care that I brought up to them. One where they store bath towels due to water dropping from behind of sink counter in the bathroom and old dust on shutter in the bathroom as well. And some mold cleaning needed on the floor of shower.
2 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
We stayed here for few days. The hotel was very nice and location was also close to the beach. The hotel service was very good. They do charge for parking. Overall the hotel staff was very nice. There are couple of good restaurants across the street and there is a departmental store close by for basic things. For site seeing, Waikiki trolley is a good option that takes you to east coast of the island and the trolley picks the passenger close to the hotel.
4 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
Umair
"Happy in Honolulu"
Friendly front desk when we arrived early, appealing lobby, clean and shiny room. Enjoyed the lather toiletries, prompt attention to requests,coffee/tea in lobby in the morning. Great pools with attentive (maybe a little too attentive)servers. No difficulty getting a chair poolside. Great stay
4 night romance trip Nov 8, 2015
david
"Nice stay with balance of exercises & local food"
Very pleasant stay but parking is costly at the hotel
5 night romance trip Nov 2, 2015
The bed wasn't that comfortable. The mountain view room was extremely loud from road noise. The Windows and doors did not block out much noise. The hotel decor and food and vibe was all really great and what you would expect. If you want to relax I would upgrade to ocean side rooms, maybe they are more quiet.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
Julia
"Newer trendy hotel"
Hotel is not in the heart of Waikiki, which we loved. The room was smallish but super clean. The staff is what makes this hotel!! They were amazing and every need was met immediately! The very best part was the adult pool!!! Make sure to try the frozen coconut mojito!!!!
Other trip Oct 31, 2015
happymoes
"One Of The Best, The Modern Honolulu"
The Modern Honolulu is an upscale hotel with first class accommodations, service and amenities. My wife and I enjoy visiting a few times a year for a weekend staycation to relax and unwind. The hotel staff does a great job to make sure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable. I would highly recommend The Modern Honolulu to anyone looking for an unforgettable vacation/staycation experience.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Ross
"Beautiful hotel with Badly Designed Room"
My husband and I spent 2 nights in this hotel. When we entered our room on the 5th floor, we saw the big balcony and we rushed in there, happy to see ocean. The room had colorful kerchiefs and a ukulele as décor, and a big couch. Since we arrived about 5pm after an 18 hours flight from New York, and we had a full-day sightseeing tour in the morning, we made a quick dash to McDonalds that was near the hotel. While I unpacked, my husband went to bed. I followed a few hours later. When I was ready to go to bed, I worked for some time trying to block the balcony lights from entering the room but, in vain.There was nothing to block lights from coming in over the top of the curtains while the wooden blinds were not long enough to match the width of the curtains. There were only wooden blinds between the bathroom and bedroom instead of a solid wall so that when one uses the toilet, the sound and smell could penetrate into the bedroom. There was only 1 hook in the bathroom. To be environment-friendly, they want you to place your used towels on the rack under the sink instead of hanging them. The Fire Alarm kept blinking bright white lights w/c reflect back from the mirror so there seems lightning flashing inside our room. The wooden bedframe stuck 4-6" all around the bed. We hit our legs at the corners when we entered the room. We hit our legs when we got out of bed. We placed our boots & shoes at the corner of the bed to remind us to be careful walking.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Minda
Our favorite hotel on the south shore Very easy excess to the beach and the ala moana mall
4 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
Alexa
Enjoyed the relative smallness of the hotel. Did not feel like I was in Grand Central. Staff was great and the hotel was spotless. Everything we asked for from the staff was promptly delivered. Would recommend the hotel to anyone. Especially enjoyed being in the adults-only pool. Walking distance and good bus connections to many places. Would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
Roger
"nice hotel close to marina. no car necessary"
thought room had microwave (did not) and refrigerator had to be replaced.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
"Very modern, clean, and near beach"
I give this hotel 5 stars. Very clean and modern. Excellent hotel staff, clean, love the style of the hotel, and great views to the beach and in the pool area. Great restaurants. Hubby and I honeymooned here and had the time of our lives. I recommend this hotel to everyone. Will be back!
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
Sar
"Central Hotel"
The hotel doesn't stand out and the front desk is very unimpressive, but the room was excellent: new, clean and roomy with a great view. The location was great, very central. The pools areas are small, but nice. It's Hawaii, so everything is dare. The staff was very friendly & always greeted us. The concierge desk was not so great as the rep couldn't book a tour immediately, but said she would get back to us, and never did.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
GillyPJ
"services"
Unhappy,check in terrible. Not on time waited too long.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
"Nice hotel but too noisy at nights."
The modern was nice place to stay overall. Our room was clean and neat, we have nothing to complain about but it gets very noisy, every night.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
matt
"Beautiful location, comfortable rooms"
We stayed at the Modern (3 couples) for 5 nights in Honolulu. It's a great location - not right in the middle of the craziness, pretty quiet, you can walk easily down to the beach and they have a nice, although not huge, pool area. We really appreciated the friendly and helpful staff. The only miscue was our first morning there where we had VERY expensive breakfasts sitting outside with really awful service (two of us ordered waffles, and the orders came 15 minutes apart, they dropped someone's eggs and didn't even apologize, etc.). We quickly found better and less expensive breakfast options across the street. The rooms are small but very clean and comfy; the only mild irritant is slatted wood window shades into the bathroom, which really didn't provide much privacy or separation from the bedroom area. The concierge was great and the location was perfect for grabbing the bus, walking places, etc. We stayed one night at the end of our stay at the Holiday Inn Beachcomber which is right in the middle of the loudest, busiest, part of the Waikiki area, and this made us appreciate the Modern even more... In the hotel is MORIMOTO's (he's an iron chef winner), a very expensive but superb restaurant, worth trying one night. Easy walk to Allo Moana shopping center if shopping is something you're interested in.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
Happy
"ammenities well thought out, generally"
Room, including bath, designed and appointed nicely. Staff routinely upbeat, hospitable, informative. Pools, dining areas attractive. Nice to have ammenities provided including wifi, refrigerator, quality coffee maker, provided in complimentary fashion.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Great hotel for couples and young adults"
I had a wonderful experience at the Modern Honolulu. I wouldn't necessarily recommend the hotel for a family with young children as the restaurants and facilities are high end and are tailored toward adults. However, for a person who is looking for a relaxing experience, great dining, and proximity to the beach, it is an excellent selection.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Staycation in Honolulu"
Great hotel with excellent amenities. Really enjoyed the adults only private beach (pool). Food and service were excellent. Staff was always pleasant and helpful, but never intrusive. Great place to meet and stay with friends.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Morimoto is Awesome"
Amazing service from start to finish. They let us check in early and when we left they called a cab that have a deal with to take us to the airport for $30 flat rate. Pool scene is amazing. Make sure to rent the Cabana for $150 ( food /drink minimum only ) which is really easy to rack up while people watching. Please note gratuity is included when you rent cabana ( which I didn't know and tipped on top of one day before i looked at my receipt ) They even offer FREE SunBum sunscreen for all the guests at the pool. As well as cucumber infused water. There is 2 pools. And adult one upstairs which Is more like a pond with floaties. The bottom pool gas some kids but is much more lively. Food is great. Love the carnitas tacos and pineapple with li hing miu powder . Breakfast is outstanding as well. All the cocktails are good! We also had dinner at Morimoto located inside the hotel which was excellent Japanese food. Nighttime there's a singer that performs in lounge they call The Study. Great place to have drinks and listen to live music. I loved this hotel and would stay here again !
5 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
"Good location, nice setting..."
Upon arrival, we were told that they did not have a room with 2 double beds, as per my reservation - booked several months ago (? due to large convention in town- I suspect). I asserted that they honor my previously paid reservation and they did find a room. I prefer a room on the quiet side (facing the Ilikai hotel, as ours was on the street side with some noise when the window was opened). Other than that, it is a lovely hotel - smaller, modern, clean, and close to Waikiki strip and beach. They have complimentary coffee for breakfast. All in all, I would go again. C
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Cynthia
"Memorable Hawaii Vacation"
The pools are fabulous - really nice, relaxing setting. Service was top notch throughout our stay, including front desk, valet, bellman, concierge, maid and wait staff. Room was spacious, comfortable and very nicely decorated with a fresh, fun, cosmopolitan feel - more than just a generic square box with a bed/desk. Nice view of the beach/harbor. Convenient to water and shopping without feeling you're directly located in the crowds or noise of the busy areas of Waikiki. I paid a bit more than I ideally wanted to, but that's Hawaii, and I'm very satisfied with our stay.
4 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Jeffrey
"Nice, modern hotel"
The hotel was very nice; I was misinformed that it was a family friendly hotel, but really it wasn't appropriate for young children. Luckily we were only there 2 nights. The décor is very modern and has a cool vibe, the pool is nice, as are the rooms. My only issue was w/cleanliness...there was something on our toilet that I had to scrub off with Lysol wipes...it was gross. Made me question the cleanliness of everything else.
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Excellent customer service, great location, within walking distance of beach & shops.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
Great hotel, it is right on the bay. The closest beach is a good walk (the hilton next door). If your looking to be on the beach I would stay near the North shore.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Bailey
The Modern is awesome, every single member of the staff went above and beyond for whatever we needed.
4 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
"Relaxing week with a friend."
We are 2 friends who stayed from Tuesday to Sunday. We were attending a friend's wedding at the Kahala. We spent some time poolside, but more time at the beach. Hotel is at marina, not directly on Waikiki beach, but short walk to the beach. The main beach area is about 15 min walk. Starbucks is at nearby Hilton village and good acai bowls and juice place there. Also walked a couple blocks to cafe down the street Hiker's cafe for healthy lunch/dinner options at reasonable price. It was nice to also have a trendy lounge and club downstairs so we didn't have to go far to have a drink. I recommend running (or walking) at park down the street across from Ala Moana mall. For an hour, did a couple laps. Fitness center is decent size but quite busy. There is water and green apples. Towels of course. Iced face towels. Main pool is kind of small and there were surprisingly a lot of kids. One day all the chairs were already taken by 11 am. The adult pool is really a shallow wading pool/fountain but is quieter. If you sit poolside, they bring your free snacks- lychee sorbet, pineapple slices. There is also self serve ice water with fruit in it. Good frozen drinks. Didn't try the food but it looked good. Nice shower and bathroom. I liked the bath products- made in Pasadena, CA. My room did not have a balcony, but seemed like half of them do. Ocean and building views. Staff is really friendly and helpful. We were allowed to check out at 1 pm on our last day.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
DK
"Best place on Waikiki from my point of view"
Great dinning facilities, very helpfull staff taking care about the guests, good location, nice view, clean - appropriate size of the site, close to beach but not stucked to the sea.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Miro
"Customer service at its best!"
From check in to check out the experience was wonderful! I travel all over the world for pleasure and this hotel stands up to any place I have ever stayed. No crowds, location, staff with comfortable rooms.. what else can you ask for? Love a place where the word "no" is not used. Will be back soon!
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
SMrealtor
The service provided by the staff is just unmatched. Almost everything can be accomodated per your request.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"Chic modern boutique hotel"
Loved the hotel....wish it had a bigger pool. The staff were very very nice....decent gym. Centrally located and near a beach.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
cutesnowy
"Modern, trendy hotel"
Nice clean, modern and trendy. Close to Waikiki beach.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
Great hotel it was perfect for a San Diego to Hawaii getaway.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
The hotel is nice. Near to the shopping center and the beach. However, parking fee is expensive.
Other trip May 29, 2015
Yvonne
"Memorial Day weekend in Hawaii"
Everything was great. I can't thank Veronica at concierge enough. We parasailed, jet skied, hiked, snorkeld, went on a cruise and went to paradise coves luau. We had a blast throughout our stay. The only thing I didn't like was that the adult pool was rented out for a wedding. Other than that I highly recommend this hotel we even made it to addiction night club at the modern which was really good :D
Other trip May 26, 2015
Idonia
"Went for anniversary celebration. Staff very nice."
Enjoyed my stay. Very close to the beach. Excellent staff.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Pat
"Great place to relax for the weekend!"
My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary and stayed at The Modern for the weekend. The staff were all welcoming and remembered my name throughout our stay. They were all courteous and professional. The hotel room was beautiful and spacious for the two of us. We were surprised with strawberries and champagne. I would definitely come back for another stay-cation in the future!
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Bianca
"wonderful hotel, great amenities, Kamaaina perfect"
3 night stay during busy graduation season was easy, fun and no hassle. Booked several rooms - they were all equally nice.
Other trip May 23, 2015
R
"Excellent Service at a Beautiful hotel"
Our stay at The modern hotel was perfect. I only have good things to say about this hotel! Its close to the beach and to 808 Smart Car Rentals, which is a plus. The restaurants are also tasty. Thanks for making our stay in Honolulu wonderful!
Other trip May 22, 2015
Terence
"It is kind of noisy at night."
I did not get the room upgrade as we expected, and the room we got is on the top of their restaurant and it is kind of noisy at night.
Other trip May 21, 2015
Guest
The staff were all kind and helpful. The gym and pool facilities were great. The rooms were nice and clean.
Other trip May 20, 2015
Frances
"Very friendly staff, comfortable rooms"
Overall we enjoyed our stay. The staff goes above and beyond to make you happy.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Carlos
"great location for business trips"
We stayed here for business, and I love the location because you don't have to drive through the gridlock which is Waikiki Beach traffic to get downtown. The parking attendants and bell service people were great and very friendly. I found the breakfast service to be extremely laid back. Extremely. The room was very comfortable and we had no problem sleeping.
4 night business trip May 9, 2015
"Luxurious"
Great location. Staff is friendly and are very accomodating.
Other trip May 11, 2015