All hotels in Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
Calle Duarte #1-C, Esq. Caracol, Boca Chica, Santo Domingo, 50700, Dominican Republic, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
    2.4
    2.4
Not satisfied with the staff, they were not polite at all, did not meet my expectations, i asked for a few things i needed for our room. (Ex: change the coffee maker because it did not work) never got an exchange, i reported this and other things to management they did not do anything about and did not care at all, we did not even get an apology. Not satisfied
Other trip May 25, 2015
Check in and out was too long. Mini bar was empty in my room It took three days to get a mini bar that was working.
Other trip May 16, 2015
"Terrible"
This has to be the worst resort on the island. From check in to check out I have nothing nice to say about this place. The staff was useless the front desk was even worst. The elevators don't work, no bell boys on site. Every time we ask a question about anything they had no clue. All the staff members look like they did not want to be there at all. The beach is horrible tons of seaweed TONS. Never again! !!
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Close to the beach nice beach but not clean"
Very bad I don't come back to this hotel The food was horrible also no parking for the guess
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
jorge
"Beach Beautiful"
Amazing beach...food is ok...not much to do...calm & relaxed...nothing great about it just the beach. Liquor was not great either
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Roxie
"DO NOT GO HERE!"
Room not up to any par: no shades on bedside lights/bare bulbs. No toilet paper holder in BR. Upholstered chairs filthy. No mattress pads on bed. Sheets threadbare. No interior extra lock on door. Staff communication limited in English.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
susan
I was charged the room fees even thought I had paid the RSVC because I did not have the confirmation in paper and I could not access my email It was dirty, and in the middle on the elevator ride , there was a black out I came to DR at 1;00 am there was not much I could do
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Wanda
"Not worth it, save your money"
This place shouldnt have a four star. Service is non exsistant, food isn't good, hotel is in bad shape. The only thing that's nice is the beach. I wouldn't come back. My worst hotel experience ever. Save your money
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
mirre
"Don't waste your money here"
The staff are not friendly. We booked the suite and it had an smell. I complained but they didn't want to change my room. The beach is nice but they don't have enought beach chair for all the guest. If you want to feel that you are on vacation, please go to a different hotel.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Maria
"Decent hotel; good value for money."
As a multiple Marriott timeshare owner, I enjoy quality service. I go to the Hamaca once or twice a year because I have working friends in Boca Chica. Perhaps it's indigenous to the country, but I am always reminded of my need of patience! A common complaint (which I observed while waiting at the registration desk) is the dissatisfaction re room assignments. I did not have that problem because I reserved the "Suites," paid a little extra, and had a great room. But my other minor need of "guest services" was aptly met by Pedro Adolfo, who should be made hotel manager! One major complaint (perhaps minor to most people) is the absence of a decent comfortable arm chair in either the livingroom or the bedroom. RESTAURANTS. Buffet area just OK, certainly adequate. The Italian Restaurant: I would not go back there again based on very poor service and food itself is below par. The Gourmet Restaurant is tops!! The Mexican Restaurant also very good; the Brazilian Restaurant so-so. (BTW, I spotted the same waiter (tall guy with broad shoulders) at the Brazilian and Italian restaurants on two separate nights. He needs some lessons in customer relations.) Otherwise mostly everyone else at the hotel is pleasant and helpful. (Hamaca is not the same as when I was there 15 years ago (when it was owned by Hilton!). But it's worth the money. I plan to return. Check out Reuben at the pool bar, Maria, my housekeeper in the Suites. Any problems, see Pedro Adolfo, Guest Services.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"Not a good Choice Hotel for all-inclusive resorts."
This resort has been going down hill every year. This was my third time at this resort in four years for business and will no longer be staying there. Little staff, food not to where it was and accommodations have been limited. worst part is the customer service and staff availability. I had the VIP check in and still took about 45 min to check-in with not a full hotel. not worth the price. The staff didn't care if I was unsatisfied with my stay or with their accommodations.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"Lazy Managers"
The suite I was staying in needed an upgrade on the phone line. The calls were not going directly to my room, and it was difficult to talk over the phone line. When I would ask to speak to management, I would always get the run-around. i.e. "the manager was busy"..." he/she stepped out"...or "wasn't in for the day". All in all, I never got to see anyone in a position of authority in the time I was there.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Deborah
""Hotel is Dated""
"We stayed at this hotel which is considered the best hotel in Boca Chica. We spent over 170 us dollars to stay, and although it included beverages and food , we were disappointed in the upkeep of the hotel. The furniture was in very poor condition, and quite soiled and scratched. The bathroom was ample size and nice. The bed was a little stiff. It seems the rooms could use a fresh coat o f paint and new furniture. The buffet was decent, but not great. Deserts were minimal and not tasty. The staff was friendly, and there were many activities for kids. It still is probably the best choice for hotels in Boca Chica, but thats not saying much. I would rather go to another destination such as Juan Dolio, or La Romana and stay in a much nicer hotel or resort for the same or less money. I believe you pay too much of a premium for the all inclusive aspect."
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Horrible"
Some of the staff are very cold acting. The food was the same every day. Some rooms are hard to get to and other rooms no Air condition. Please don't waste your money at this hotel go to Don Juan.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
elaine
"Nice hotel close to beach and the city."
I will recommend this hotel to young people who are looking for something close to city and want to be close to beach.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Honey
"Most relaxing vacation"
Tutti Frutti and the entertainment team made this trip worth it. They were energetic and fun filled and we're the most friendliest of persons. the on resort night time shows were awesome. Something different every night. I am certainly going to be returning to this hotel before the year is over.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Gene
I don't like the hotel for what they show in the website Food
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
inocencio
"I like it"
You have to be careful about which type of room you are choosing because could be counfesed. I was at the Suites, and it was very nice. The jacuzzi on the first room didn't work, therefore I changed room, but the staff was very nice all the time.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Vanessa
"HOTEL ROOM WAS EXCELLENT"
All the S taff were Professional, the Room was Excellent In size, closet Space and the View was Marvelous..
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
"Gorgeous Hotel, Great Staff, Magnificent Beach."
We had THE MOST BEAUTIFUL TIME, we stay at the Presidential Suites, right on the beach, great view, excellent amenities, Buffet was the best for us, because we are vegetarians, but if you ate meat, of course they are better choices, staff what friendly, specially at the beach,,,,,the make all hotel guess participate on the outdoor activities,,,made it a lot of fun. We will be back.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Raiza & Brian
"Boca Property Hotel"
Wonderful view of the Caribbean Ocean. The dining area/accommodations are good with a good variety of food selections.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Alfred
STAFF NOT FRENDLY, SLOW, WITH SERVICE,,FOOD,WAS NOT THAT GREAT
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Bad time of season."
Do to the bad time of season, very few people were at the resort. Because of this, there was a very limited number of bars and restaurants open. This coupled with a reduced staff, made for a less then good vacation.
Other trip May 16, 2014
doc
"Nice beach satisfactory hotel"
Staff was kind helpful and friendly but the hotel seemed to he very outdated Food was the same everyday Hotel seems to need a bit of a makeover although my room which was a suite was very modern Beds were big but not to comfortable
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
mother of two
"Not too close to must see sights"
I had a great time.The weather was great and spent a lot of time at the beach
5 night trip Mar 20, 2014
George Esteves
"Customer service girl was the best!"
I booked a room with a king size bed but got 2 queen's. I checked in after 6 pm and though it was to late to have it changed that night but the customer service girl that works the night had me in a room 4 floors up with a better view and a king size bed in less than 15 min. She also helped me with getting my laundry picked up, reservation's , and directions to 3 of the many restaurants. She would greet me with a charming personality asking if there was any thing I needed. She made the whole experience special. THANK YOU!
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
Anthony
The food was absolutely horrible. The hotel is complex to navigate.
1 night trip Nov 25, 2013
Photo
"Bad news"
Two words... "TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE"
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Abe
"Bad service, located in a nice view but hotel neds"
Never got the room i paid for. Check in was at 3 pm didn't get. Room till 6 pm. No phone lines in the room i have to go to the front desk to make a call, not enough water in the room, the mini bar was fill only room service was terrible have to wait more than 3 hours for them to show. The only good service was at the bartender by the beach, no kids activities and the show at night was so bored I just when to sleep early. After so many years visiting this hotel i wont go back.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
zoil
"Very dissatisfied about what we experienced!!"
Will make it brief. The experience that my husband and I had was awful. We had to be changed to four different rooms within 2 days if being there. We will not go or refer anyone there ever!!!
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
javier
"Dissapointing"
Well when I first got there the suites were all booked I paid more money to stay in the Suites for nothing!! They said they would have me in a Suite by Monday as Anthony said from the front desk... he was no help!! Well Monday came and I went to look at the suite and I did not like it they gave me a dingy room with no view no balcony with a ugly street view. My husband said we were staying in the room we already have because it was much nicer and this room had been recently been renovated it looks like the picture with the two beds The room I was in was way better than the Suite it was in the main bldg 407 double bed huge bathroom I was right in front of the pool and the beach. housekeping did a great job with cleaning the room and I always had towels.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
nina
"Musty, Smelly and Not upto the mark"
The room was very pretty But it was musty and smelley. No proper maintenance and it was supposed to be a new block. We already mentioned we were coming with a three year old. Yet we were far away from the lobby and dining area. The only good thing was that we had direct access to the beach. The food and drinks were good.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2013
Samantha
"Beautiful hotel close to the city"
Very good experience. People are very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Hotel is right on the beach"
Overall the hotel was okay. However, the service was not good. I asked for a clean towel; an hour later I still didn't get any towel. I went to the front desk to talk to them personally. I checked out a few hours later and I didn't see a clean towel.
Emmanuel
"nice beutifull view to the swimming pool and"
excellente , enjoy dancing , the beach was very clear , enjoy the aerobics in the beach every morning.
sonia
"Close to Beach"
Booked suite and received a regular room that was called a suite because its in the same building (Presidential Suites) was not worth the stay at all. Checked in, late afternoon and the room wasn't completed by housekeeping. Bed not made, wall lamp hanging off and the security safe needed new batteries. When i called the front desk, i was informed a staff member will come to the room. We waited 85 minutes and then called again, same thing repeated after 40 min took the walk to the front desk, (its a long one from the Presidential Suites). The front desk staff told us housekeeping is waiting for us at our room. We went back, no one there, we gave up after I called and asked for a Manager and was informed the Manager is not available. The next morning tried again, security came and informed me the safe is no good they would have to change it (I would have to wait) The cleaning problem would have to taken care of Housekeeping and the wall lamp by the engineers but we would have to be in the room for this to all happen. We laughed and went back to the front desk and asked for a manager. Again i was informed a manager is not available. I went back to the room, placed a DND sign on the door and left. I DONT recommend this place.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Eddie
"The beach was fantastic but..."
The rooms were smelly. The toilet didn't flush, the food wasn't so good The room where we were assigned to was too far away from the restaurant. The staff of the hotel were friendly. The owners should remodel it. Nightlife Was boring , no shows at all.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
Awy
"Great Location but Shhort on Service"
Hotel is perfectly situated on the beach. Restaurants and bars are conveniently located and well-staffed for a large hotel. The NEGATIVES were many! Over 2 hours to check-in, room was not cleaned 2 days in a row and had to tip a bellman to find us some clean towels, we received bottle beverages but no fridge or bottle opener provided, always out of beach/pool towels, guest services not so friendly. Overall disappointed in hotel service, but again, beautiful beach.
3 night trip Jul 25, 2013
JJ
"Disappointing"
The hotel is in poor condition, the food is terrible, there is no attention by the staff and not all inclusive as advertised. No back and do not recommend.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
Dee
"Horror movie!!!!!!!"
The most horrible hotel I've been in my life that says it all!
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
julissa

"Be Live Hamaca suites"
the be live hamaca suites were wounderful, the beach was perfect.
7 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015

Pesimo!!!
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
"Vacanza Fantastica !"
Viaggio per fine anno. Intimoriti dalle recesioni eccessivamente negative eravamo piuttosto preoccupati. Tutto ok. L'hotel ha qualche anno ma la camera e il servzio sono da ritenersi all'altezza del costo. Camera pulita e funzionale. Servizo di ristorazione in alcuni casi, vedi buffet di fine anno, eccellente. Spiaggia e mare fantastici. Esperienza da ripetere!
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Sissidodo
IT
Bel hotel pas assez de choix en nourriture au self .les restaurants le soir tres bien sauf que le restaurant fruit de mer n appartient pas a l hotel donc tres cher .tres bruyant et sale le week end a cause des locaux
12 night family trip Sep 13, 2014
FR
"Hamaca, hotel deludente!"
Tutte le camere puzzano di muffa e io ero al Presidential suites. Wifi 3 euro 15 minuti, 25 euro l'intera giornata.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Fint hotell"
Men dålig administration. De hade dålig koll på bokningarna så några gäster fick inte dom rummen de hade betalat för.
5 night trip Aug 6, 2013
Glenys
SE
"Hotel decadente non merita valutazione data in Int"
Poche cose funzionavano di due ascensori ne funzionava solo uno er era disponibile per i servizi ed i clienti, quindi lunghissime attese la spiaggia buona ed il mare ottimo, ma questo non basta per dare una buona valutazione all'Htel Valutazione massima 2 stele Io sono uno che viaggi moltissimo e di solto in 5 stelle o più
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
Basilio

TripAdvisor reviews for Be Live Experience Hamaca Suites

"Not Recommended"
08/26/15 carolynnott Lindsay, Canada
The beachfront is beautiful, but thats about all this hotel has going for it. The hotel itself was not quite what I expected. The beds were so very hard and old, springs coming up through the mattress, my husband and I woke up in pain every morning. There was absolutely no hot water for showers even after several complaints. The security guards are there to protect, ladies warning: go no where on this resort without a male escort, the security guards are very aggressive towards woman that are alone, I felt very unsafe. I did not have high expectations going in, but I at least expected a somewhat comfortable bed and a hot shower. The food at the buffet was good and the staff was friendly. I would not go back to this hotel again.
"Weekend getaway"
08/25/15 rene t
My wife and I have been to this property before so we decided to return. The beach water is crystal clear with no waves, which is great. There's food and drinks at every turn. My only complaint would be that some of the rooms are outdated and it's hard to find a room with a decent air conditioner. We had to switch rooms 3 times, before being upgraded to a beautiful 2 level room with a working ac
"Weekend stay"
08/24/15 DIABLOFELIPE Staten Island, New York, United States
Great value . Comfortable beachfront room. Lots of fun activities during the day at the beach, including volleyball, bingo, stick ball, soccer etc... Lots of shaded areas on the beach. Ok buffet, Gourmet Restaurant was excellent. I enjoyed my stay.
"Stay Away"
08/22/15 leelee011175 Toms River, New Jersey
I went to this hotel only because I didn't have a choice. We were with a large group. I do not know why anyone would vacation in Boca Chica to be blunt. The hotel is dirty. Elevators hold about 5 people and most don't work. The room smelled musty. We got three towels per day for five people. The bathroom fixtures were falling apart. Half of the time there was no hot water. Customer service is non existent. If you call the front desk you will never get what you are requesting. Most staff only speaks Spanish, so it's very difficult to communicate. I killed several cockroaches per day in our "Presidential Suite". The fridge didn't work. Electricity went out a lot. The food is terrible. The man running the towel hut outside is very rude. Forget about getting any towels outside after 4. Basically towels inside and outside were an issue. No wi fi in the room. If you purchase wi fi it barely works. Outside at the beach is gorgeous. The hotel is a gross, smelly place. I would describe it as tired and dirty. I cannot see how this would be a destination for Americans or anyone who doesn't live in the DR. Traveling here by plane is a waste.
"Horrible Experience"
08/17/15 jtreynoso1 New York City, New York
Overall, if it weren't because they overcharged my account twice and made me waste so much time of my very short stay, I probably would have recommended this hotel to others because of their entertainment crew. After having arrived at 4am I wasted 3 hrs at the lobby the following morning trying to figure out why they booked me for one night at one hotel and another night at the neighboring hotel. They were trying to make me check out of the room I was in to move to the hotel across the street which is lower quality. No one in their right mind would ever do that for a two night stay (night before wasn't even a full night, I arrived at 4:00am!). The staff didn't care and also didn't care that they had over charged me by over $200 USD. Food was not great but doable, drinks were a bit watered down. The entertainment crew was amazing but work from 8am to midnight which I find to be ridiculous. They are exploiting those poor people.
"Best in Boca Chica"
08/16/15 Blackmantraveling Bronx, New York
I first went in January 2015 and the returned for 9 day in June. January was ok but June was great! Room: I arrived in the middle of the night and was checked in within 5 mins. A staffer escorted me to my room which was clean, air conditioned, but it did have Mosquitos. (Quick fix: walk 5 mins up the street to Oleo supermarket and get a mosquito spray that smells like lemon airfreshner for $1 USD) or call the front desk but could be awhile. Food: they tend to cater to their European clients and serve the same things in repetition. so don't expect arroz con pollo or pescado frita. But there is a great alternative cafe 3 mins down the road or on the public side of the beach. Very cheap. Service. Pedro Luis at the front desk remembered me from my first trip as well as other staffers. He was kind, efficient, and check in on us daily. He inquired about our rooms and always had great information on things to do. Excellent customer service. This was the best part! The security guard Alex went out of his way to make sure I knew how to navigate outside the resort which is the best part of the area. He called a cab driver who came 4 hours early just to introduce himself and the later drove me to Santo Domingo to go clubbing and acted as a body guard the took me back safely at 2am for about $60. Alex even showed us how to catch the public bus to Santo Domingo that cost $2 round trip. I went alone with the knowledge that all cabs in the city are 300 pesos no matter where you go. So I went everywhere. Lol. Know what to expect. This is not a 5 star resort. It's clean, the drinks are sweet, the pools close at night and locals will ask for money, try to sell you things as soon as you step outside, and sometimes badger you to go on excursions. I inquired and found out if you pay $10 to get on a banana boat they guy that's badgering you makes $1. So I understood the persistence. Overall the resort was safe and great. Luis the hospitality guy was friendly and helpful as well. Go to have fun and not to sit in you basic room and you'll enjoy it.
"Terrible hotel "
08/14/15 Pilar D
I celebrated my wedding there and to be honest my wedding was a very good one but, besides that the hotel was HELL. Old rooms, never had anyone clean my room, change my towels or hear my complaints. We were a group of 17 and left very upset. I will never recommen this hotel, NEVER. The food it's good but that's about it.
"vacation"
08/14/15 diogeness79 New York City, New York
the hotel staff very friendly the food is excellent most of the time but the physical plant need some updated the tv sets should be updated the location is fantastic the environment and the surrounding is okay
"A Terrible Expirience"
08/13/15 Ligia M New Jersey
We got to this all inclusive hotel on august 3, 2015 with a group of 14 people and 6 reserve rooms and we wasn't able to register do to no light, air conditioner, and no water. As per more than 15 guess that were already there recommended us not to stay because the food was also really bad. they talk to us about the bad experience they were already leaving there. the t-shirt they was weating was sweet like with water from the heat on the rooms. We did not stay there, I would not recommend this resort to anyone going to the Dominican Republic. I believe they should closed their door.
"Mixed Emotions"
08/11/15 slyeye Gold River, CA
This hotel is a "tired" property that is not properly maintained. Our travel was part of a large group experience and complaints were commonplace among all visitors. There we're many room deficiencies that related to lack of repair. The staff is quite friendly but actual follow-thru with any request is almost nonexistent. The quality of "all inclusive" food was marginal. "All inclusive" cocktails are made with synthetic flavorings but REAL alcohol costs more. Two very small but "real" margaritas cost $24 at their sister property next door. Also, if you are a traveler looking for a pleasant visit to Santo Domingo, this is probably not a good choice. It's located at least one hour from downtown, depending on the crazy traffic !!!