All hotels in Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereCalle Duarte #1-C, Esq. Caracol, Boca Chica, Santo Domingo, 50700, Dominican Republic, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.4
    2.6
"Decent hotel; good value for money."
As a multiple Marriott timeshare owner, I enjoy quality service. I go to the Hamaca once or twice a year because I have working friends in Boca Chica. Perhaps it's indigenous to the country, but I am always reminded of my need of patience! A common complaint (which I observed while waiting at the registration desk) is the dissatisfaction re room assignments. I did not have that problem because I reserved the "Suites," paid a little extra, and had a great room. But my other minor need of "guest services" was aptly met by Pedro Adolfo, who should be made hotel manager! One major complaint (perhaps minor to most people) is the absence of a decent comfortable arm chair in either the livingroom or the bedroom. RESTAURANTS. Buffet area just OK, certainly adequate. The Italian Restaurant: I would not go back there again based on very poor service and food itself is below par. The Gourmet Restaurant is tops!! The Mexican Restaurant also very good; the Brazilian Restaurant so-so. (BTW, I spotted the same waiter (tall guy with broad shoulders) at the Brazilian and Italian restaurants on two separate nights. He needs some lessons in customer relations.) Otherwise mostly everyone else at the hotel is pleasant and helpful. (Hamaca is not the same as when I was there 15 years ago (when it was owned by Hilton!). But it's worth the money. I plan to return. Check out Reuben at the pool bar, Maria, my housekeeper in the Suites. Any problems, see Pedro Adolfo, Guest Services.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"Not a good Choice Hotel for all-inclusive resorts."
This resort has been going down hill every year. This was my third time at this resort in four years for business and will no longer be staying there. Little staff, food not to where it was and accommodations have been limited. worst part is the customer service and staff availability. I had the VIP check in and still took about 45 min to check-in with not a full hotel. not worth the price. The staff didn't care if I was unsatisfied with my stay or with their accommodations.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"Lazy Managers"
The suite I was staying in needed an upgrade on the phone line. The calls were not going directly to my room, and it was difficult to talk over the phone line. When I would ask to speak to management, I would always get the run-around. i.e. "the manager was busy"..." he/she stepped out"...or "wasn't in for the day". All in all, I never got to see anyone in a position of authority in the time I was there.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Deborah
""Hotel is Dated""
"We stayed at this hotel which is considered the best hotel in Boca Chica. We spent over 170 us dollars to stay, and although it included beverages and food , we were disappointed in the upkeep of the hotel. The furniture was in very poor condition, and quite soiled and scratched. The bathroom was ample size and nice. The bed was a little stiff. It seems the rooms could use a fresh coat o f paint and new furniture. The buffet was decent, but not great. Deserts were minimal and not tasty. The staff was friendly, and there were many activities for kids. It still is probably the best choice for hotels in Boca Chica, but thats not saying much. I would rather go to another destination such as Juan Dolio, or La Romana and stay in a much nicer hotel or resort for the same or less money. I believe you pay too much of a premium for the all inclusive aspect."
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Horrible"
Some of the staff are very cold acting. The food was the same every day. Some rooms are hard to get to and other rooms no Air condition. Please don't waste your money at this hotel go to Don Juan.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
elaine
"Nice hotel close to beach and the city."
I will recommend this hotel to young people who are looking for something close to city and want to be close to beach.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Honey
"Most relaxing vacation"
Tutti Frutti and the entertainment team made this trip worth it. They were energetic and fun filled and we're the most friendliest of persons. the on resort night time shows were awesome. Something different every night. I am certainly going to be returning to this hotel before the year is over.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Gene
I don't like the hotel for what they show in the website Food
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
inocencio
"I like it"
You have to be careful about which type of room you are choosing because could be counfesed. I was at the Suites, and it was very nice. The jacuzzi on the first room didn't work, therefore I changed room, but the staff was very nice all the time.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Vanessa
"HOTEL ROOM WAS EXCELLENT"
All the S taff were Professional, the Room was Excellent In size, closet Space and the View was Marvelous..
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
"Gorgeous Hotel, Great Staff, Magnificent Beach."
We had THE MOST BEAUTIFUL TIME, we stay at the Presidential Suites, right on the beach, great view, excellent amenities, Buffet was the best for us, because we are vegetarians, but if you ate meat, of course they are better choices, staff what friendly, specially at the beach,,,,,the make all hotel guess participate on the outdoor activities,,,made it a lot of fun. We will be back.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Raiza & Brian
"Boca Property Hotel"
Wonderful view of the Caribbean Ocean. The dining area/accommodations are good with a good variety of food selections.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Alfred
STAFF NOT FRENDLY, SLOW, WITH SERVICE,,FOOD,WAS NOT THAT GREAT
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Bad time of season."
Do to the bad time of season, very few people were at the resort. Because of this, there was a very limited number of bars and restaurants open. This coupled with a reduced staff, made for a less then good vacation.
Other trip May 16, 2014
doc
"Nice beach satisfactory hotel"
Staff was kind helpful and friendly but the hotel seemed to he very outdated Food was the same everyday Hotel seems to need a bit of a makeover although my room which was a suite was very modern Beds were big but not to comfortable
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
mother of two
"Not too close to must see sights"
I had a great time.The weather was great and spent a lot of time at the beach
5 night trip Mar 20, 2014
George Esteves
"Customer service girl was the best!"
I booked a room with a king size bed but got 2 queen's. I checked in after 6 pm and though it was to late to have it changed that night but the customer service girl that works the night had me in a room 4 floors up with a better view and a king size bed in less than 15 min. She also helped me with getting my laundry picked up, reservation's , and directions to 3 of the many restaurants. She would greet me with a charming personality asking if there was any thing I needed. She made the whole experience special. THANK YOU!
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
Anthony
The food was absolutely horrible. The hotel is complex to navigate.
1 night trip Nov 25, 2013
Photo
"Bad news"
Two words... "TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE"
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Abe
"Bad service, located in a nice view but hotel neds"
Never got the room i paid for. Check in was at 3 pm didn't get. Room till 6 pm. No phone lines in the room i have to go to the front desk to make a call, not enough water in the room, the mini bar was fill only room service was terrible have to wait more than 3 hours for them to show. The only good service was at the bartender by the beach, no kids activities and the show at night was so bored I just when to sleep early. After so many years visiting this hotel i wont go back.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
zoil
"Very dissatisfied about what we experienced!!"
Will make it brief. The experience that my husband and I had was awful. We had to be changed to four different rooms within 2 days if being there. We will not go or refer anyone there ever!!!
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
javier
"Dissapointing"
Well when I first got there the suites were all booked I paid more money to stay in the Suites for nothing!! They said they would have me in a Suite by Monday as Anthony said from the front desk... he was no help!! Well Monday came and I went to look at the suite and I did not like it they gave me a dingy room with no view no balcony with a ugly street view. My husband said we were staying in the room we already have because it was much nicer and this room had been recently been renovated it looks like the picture with the two beds The room I was in was way better than the Suite it was in the main bldg 407 double bed huge bathroom I was right in front of the pool and the beach. housekeping did a great job with cleaning the room and I always had towels.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
nina
"Musty, Smelly and Not upto the mark"
The room was very pretty But it was musty and smelley. No proper maintenance and it was supposed to be a new block. We already mentioned we were coming with a three year old. Yet we were far away from the lobby and dining area. The only good thing was that we had direct access to the beach. The food and drinks were good.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2013
Samantha
"Beautiful hotel close to the city"
Very good experience. People are very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Hotel is right on the beach"
Overall the hotel was okay. However, the service was not good. I asked for a clean towel; an hour later I still didn't get any towel. I went to the front desk to talk to them personally. I checked out a few hours later and I didn't see a clean towel.
Emmanuel
"nice beutifull view to the swimming pool and"
excellente , enjoy dancing , the beach was very clear , enjoy the aerobics in the beach every morning.
sonia
"Close to Beach"
Booked suite and received a regular room that was called a suite because its in the same building (Presidential Suites) was not worth the stay at all. Checked in, late afternoon and the room wasn't completed by housekeeping. Bed not made, wall lamp hanging off and the security safe needed new batteries. When i called the front desk, i was informed a staff member will come to the room. We waited 85 minutes and then called again, same thing repeated after 40 min took the walk to the front desk, (its a long one from the Presidential Suites). The front desk staff told us housekeeping is waiting for us at our room. We went back, no one there, we gave up after I called and asked for a Manager and was informed the Manager is not available. The next morning tried again, security came and informed me the safe is no good they would have to change it (I would have to wait) The cleaning problem would have to taken care of Housekeeping and the wall lamp by the engineers but we would have to be in the room for this to all happen. We laughed and went back to the front desk and asked for a manager. Again i was informed a manager is not available. I went back to the room, placed a DND sign on the door and left. I DONT recommend this place.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Eddie
"The beach was fantastic but..."
The rooms were smelly. The toilet didn't flush, the food wasn't so good The room where we were assigned to was too far away from the restaurant. The staff of the hotel were friendly. The owners should remodel it. Nightlife Was boring , no shows at all.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
Awy
"Great Location but Shhort on Service"
Hotel is perfectly situated on the beach. Restaurants and bars are conveniently located and well-staffed for a large hotel. The NEGATIVES were many! Over 2 hours to check-in, room was not cleaned 2 days in a row and had to tip a bellman to find us some clean towels, we received bottle beverages but no fridge or bottle opener provided, always out of beach/pool towels, guest services not so friendly. Overall disappointed in hotel service, but again, beautiful beach.
3 night trip Jul 25, 2013
JJ
"Disappointing"
The hotel is in poor condition, the food is terrible, there is no attention by the staff and not all inclusive as advertised. No back and do not recommend.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
Dee
"Horror movie!!!!!!!"
The most horrible hotel I've been in my life that says it all!
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
julissa

"Vacanza Fantastica !"
Viaggio per fine anno. Intimoriti dalle recesioni eccessivamente negative eravamo piuttosto preoccupati. Tutto ok. L'hotel ha qualche anno ma la camera e il servzio sono da ritenersi all'altezza del costo. Camera pulita e funzionale. Servizo di ristorazione in alcuni casi, vedi buffet di fine anno, eccellente. Spiaggia e mare fantastici. Esperienza da ripetere!
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Sissidodo
IT
Bel hotel pas assez de choix en nourriture au self .les restaurants le soir tres bien sauf que le restaurant fruit de mer n appartient pas a l hotel donc tres cher .tres bruyant et sale le week end a cause des locaux
12 night family trip Sep 13, 2014
FR
"Hamaca, hotel deludente!"
Tutte le camere puzzano di muffa e io ero al Presidential suites. Wifi 3 euro 15 minuti, 25 euro l'intera giornata.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Fint hotell"
Men dålig administration. De hade dålig koll på bokningarna så några gäster fick inte dom rummen de hade betalat för.
5 night trip Aug 6, 2013
Glenys
SE
"Hotel decadente non merita valutazione data in Int"
Poche cose funzionavano di due ascensori ne funzionava solo uno er era disponibile per i servizi ed i clienti, quindi lunghissime attese la spiaggia buona ed il mare ottimo, ma questo non basta per dare una buona valutazione all'Htel Valutazione massima 2 stele Io sono uno che viaggi moltissimo e di solto in 5 stelle o più
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
Basilio

TripAdvisor reviews for Be Live Experience Hamaca Suites

"Our room was robbed. The food is yark. We had to moove by ourselves."
04/20/15 Muscade7 Mascouche, Canada
We came back from the beach at 6h. and they emptied our room and drank the beer that was in our fridg, We went to the lobbey and we arrived just in time. Our suitcase were on a rack mixed up. They were 4 Dominicains waiting with a van to load. In the front desk, they said that they did not know what was going on. Small beach and they stole our shirts. I would never nerver recommanded that hotel.
"Spring Break"
04/13/15
Family vacation-The staff, service, and food was very good. The rooms at the beach section are been renovated and we plan to return there in the future. The Cortica Buffet had different kinds of international foods sometimes it was hard to pick which food to eat because it had such varieties of foods to eat.
"Our experience"
04/11/15 Ed H
Well....its got good food and the staff was great. Elvis the bartender at pool was great. The rooms not so good. We had to change three times upon our arrival. Door wouldn't lock. No hot water no a/c in two rooms and grumpy lobby man. The third room never did get a/c working. So for what we paid these things should of not had to happen. The resort garden pool was nice and gardeners kept the place in mint not shape. I wouldn't call this a 4.5 star at all. A 3- 3.5 star.
"Below 1 star"
04/09/15 David G Atlanta, Georgia
This resort was a joke, from the decieving pictures online, to the cleanliness everything was missing. My room was awful it was a ocean view suite then a presidential suite which was no better. Awful!
"Horrible Mistake-Go Anywhere Else"
04/09/15 455mary Vancouver, Canada
I should have listened to the bad reviews. Just got back from a week there, the rooms were unclean and never stocked properly, there were numerous thefts and scams going on in the resort and I never felt safe. The resort is right in the middle of the city, so there are numerous locals that come around to harass the guests. I went by myself, from Vancouver, for the first two days and my friends met up with me for the rest of my time there. I arrived and was immediately unimpressed with the resort. I had never travelled internationally to a resort and I'm pretty open to whatever, but this was far worse in what I could have expected. The front staff had attitude and seemed bothered by me checking in. I was put in a room where the door wouldn't lock, it was seriously outdated, the curtains wouldn't close and they had large holes in them. The room was not clean. I asked to change rooms due to the door, outdated room and the curtains. I asked for a renovated room on a higher floor. I was accommodated with my request and the new room was still dirty, but better than the first. My room was never properly cleaned or stocked. There were always items missing, either towels, water or drinks in the fridge. I didn't get any thing in the fridge for the first 5 days. I requested water and it never came. The floor looked dirty and I refused to walk around in bare feet. The TV was very old, which didn't bother me too much, but the volume down button didn't work and would change the channel. The pool area was okay. There was a time where I was sitting next to the pool and feces was found in it and the staff continued to let people swim near and around it while a guest was the one to throw it out of the pool. The beach was alright. The food was good, but by day 5, I was so done with the buffet food and wanted anything else. The resort did a good job at trying to include new things. The worst part of our trip was that a man offered to take me and my friends to the capital and we made arrangements. He picked us up, took us to the capital in a very old, very run down car. We saw the church in the city and then it started raining...we got in the car and the wipers flew off the car. The girls got out and tried to fix it. The longer the car was not working properly, the more agitated and angry the driver got. On the way back to the resort, he was driving aggressively and dangerously. When we got close to the resort, we all got out and walked back to the resort. The driver chased us and demanded payment. He chased us in the car and on foot demanding we pay him 100 American dollars. He got to the resort and asked security to call the police. While we were dealing with this, guest services at the resort said that the man was not in the right as he never discussed payment or that he was a tour guide. Guest Services was the only staff in the resort that could hear our side of the story because the police only spoke Spanish. At guest services the man threatened us, stating that if we didn't pay, he would get the money, no matter what and we better be careful. He did this in front of the police and guest services. The Manager came down and told the police to take me and my friend to the jail to have it dealt with. We had no idea where we were going and were told we were not being brought back to the resort. Nobody at the jail spoke English. They heard the man's story, but we were unable to communicate. I called an employee of the resort who spoke both English and Spanish, so he could translate...once he got there, he told the police our side and again, the police said the man was in the wrong for not stating out right he was a tour guide and was providing a service. The police stated that we should pay him, I only had 45 American on me, so I offered that. He wanted money from each of us. The cops told him that the 45 was all he was getting and he needed to not come near us or the resort again. I was fearful the rest of my trip due to his threats and just how angry and aggressive he was, although we never saw him again. The fact that the Manager was the one who asked the police to take us to jail and not a quite room where other guests wouldn't be bothered by the occurrence is what really bothers me about the whole thing....we are supposed to feel safe on their grounds and that was not the case at all. I suggest you never take any excursions or trips with anyone not directly associated with the resort. There were numerous horror stories of other Canadians we met getting scammed and essentially robbed at gunpoint for hundreds upon hundreds of dollars during their stay. One couple we talked to did book a trip with one of supposed associated tours of the resort, turns out he didn't work there anymore, just had the t shirt still and was booking trips with guests at a ridiculous rate and pocketing the money. We booked a Jeep Safari, it was fun, but got a seriously sick stomach from eating the food on the trip and was sick for the rest of my days there. Most beds don't have blankets and my friend called down for three days to get a blanket because she was cold at night. They didn't bring one until she cursed and yelled at them that she was sick and needed a blanket. The other guests at the resort were a lot of fun and great people. I couldn't wait to leave and when I did, I felt like I was being released from a year long stint in the slammer. I felt so happy to be going on the van back to the airport and off the stressful resort. I reported my concerns about the room to Sunwing, the company I purchased my package from, and nothing was every done, although they stated something would be done. All the other people in the van were from the Don Juan resort and all stated that they had such an amazing time. I will go back to the Dominican, however never, never, never will I go back to Be Live Hamaca.
"Unclean hotel with incredible guests"
04/03/15 olivier m Drummondville, Canada
What a strange but incredible place ! A dirty room, with bird feces on our floor, a single dead cockroach in a corner and the room was too cold because the AC could not be controlled properly. Also the sheets where quite thin, witch added to the cold. But we met incredible people there ! People from everywhere, almost all alone or with friends, all sitting at the pub exchanging subjects about everything. Never seen that anywhere else. Almost looked like the movie L'Auberge espagnole. Beautiful beach and hotel exterior. Very ''in the real life" with is shared disco with the people of the city. Witnessed a lot of prostitution (sollicitation not sexual acts). Sensible souls be aware of that. The ambiance in the bar was pleasently crazy.
"Tried to be a hit, but is a miss"
04/03/15 Amanda A Seattle, Washington
The staff in this resort made this a good time. I booked four days and had many issues that took eons to resolve - remember its a third world country with workers trained to a low standard (at least for the US) so problem solving was not an easy task. Alfredo at the bar remembered the love of my life from his visit last year - and was the reason we returned. He was helpful and very generous with anything we needed during our stay despite only working for the beach bar. I was pleasantly surprised. Nelson at the beach bar was the same way. As long as you are nice to them they are right back. This resort was worn and needs upgrades. We booked the deluxe double sea view and it had a nice view but the bathroom was so small and old and dark, we moved to the Loft for a double vanity as we were there a week. The room set up was a little weird and no wine opener in sight. we brought wine and champagne but only used one bottle out of three because it took 6 times and 4 days for someone to come through with one. For being 500 a night, the room was not up to par and the power went out a few times - no big deal as it was not very long, but imagine walking down the corridor by yourself in this large complex…EEK. Especially with all the pedophiles/hookers. I was with an older man myself, but we love each other and realized that the 20% of similar couples were paid by the day for service. I was shocked as there were a lot of families and the staff were so warm and welcoming. There was also a lot of security which made me feel better but then it makes you think, what happened for this many to hang out. Also, weekends the locals can have day passes - it was neat to see local families enjoy the day at the beach with the tourists and haitians selling their goods, but also could wreck the peace and quiet. I don't believe i will be back, but would so return for the lovely folks in the buffet during breakfast. We quickly made friends there with Narciso, Juan Carlos, Pamela, Encarnacion - you could see them warmly treating the other guests not just us and it made breakfast our favorite time of the day. They looked like they enjoyed themselves more so than the other buffet workers but for the most part, all of the workers were friendly. Also, i want to thank Shamir for fixing a lot of our issues at the front desk. He had sense on his head, whereas others didn't care. Yeah, its kind a of a bad resort but we paid a lot and expect to be treated well like a crap is given to us for our dollars. PS the food in the buffet was good, the restaurants were hit and miss - didn't care for the brazilian meat was over done and not succulent, mexican was good like homemade as was the buffet.
"Don't believe what you see!!!!!"
03/31/15 Gerald D Miami, Florida
I wish this was longer so I can really explain. Reservation was messed up from the beginning. I had requested a King size room and i was booked with twin beds. The employee at the counter Lepido, charged me first and then send me to a room with twin beds after pleading with him to put us in a room with a king size bed. It took us an hour to get situated. The room had a TV from the Flinstone era with a bathtub so disgusting I never touched with my bare feet. The little kitchen area had a broken faucet that was rusted and the sink was dirty. We called room service to help us with shampoo and conditioner and very rudely we were told that was not that kind of hotel. This place was horrible. For the price, I been to better locations around Dominican Republic
"Overall, food was average or better than average"
03/31/15 mcaclines Toronto, Canada
The Garden view rooms were extremely poor, dated, and not maintained. We moved to the Beach side and it was great. Pedro Luis, on the front desk, was outstanding....Thanks Pedro for your great service
"STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!"
03/30/15 Magda D Burlington, Canada
We went there for a 7 day stay (March 22-27,2015). We checked in and went to see our room. It looked like a barn, everything was old and non-functional, black mattress and all the locks (including the front door) falling apart. So we went back to the reception and demanded another room. The manager wrote down few different room numbers and took us around the resort. We picked the room with working door lock and working shower (thats about it). I could write about the resort for hours but it's not worth it. On the sixth day of our stay the room was broken into while we were sleeping and only because we scared the guy off, he managed to grab a worthless bag and ran. We called that in and waited 1 hour with no response, so we walked to the reception and asked whats going on? Nobody cared. No body wanted to report this to the police or offer us some kind assistance. I'm trying to get some money back from our tour provider. All the pictures on the website are not from the actual hotel, some are from the condo complex nearby or heavily corrected with photo shop software. There is no water, pop or beer delivery to your fridge as it's posted on the info sheet. So, you can believe me or not, this resort is terrible. Just to compare for our US friends it is like checking in to $20 motel in Wyoming. And for my Canadian friends: $39motel in Lakeshore, Toronto ( for different activities only)