All hotels in Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
Calle Duarte #1-C, Esq. Caracol, Boca Chica, Santo Domingo, 50700, Dominican Republic, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
    2.4
    2.6
I was charged the room fees even thought I had paid the RSVC because I did not have the confirmation in paper and I could not access my email It was dirty, and in the middle on the elevator ride , there was a black out I came to DR at 1;00 am there was not much I could do
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Wanda
"Not worth it, save your money"
This place shouldnt have a four star. Service is non exsistant, food isn't good, hotel is in bad shape. The only thing that's nice is the beach. I wouldn't come back. My worst hotel experience ever. Save your money
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
mirre
"Don't waste your money here"
The staff are not friendly. We booked the suite and it had an smell. I complained but they didn't want to change my room. The beach is nice but they don't have enought beach chair for all the guest. If you want to feel that you are on vacation, please go to a different hotel.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Maria
"Decent hotel; good value for money."
As a multiple Marriott timeshare owner, I enjoy quality service. I go to the Hamaca once or twice a year because I have working friends in Boca Chica. Perhaps it's indigenous to the country, but I am always reminded of my need of patience! A common complaint (which I observed while waiting at the registration desk) is the dissatisfaction re room assignments. I did not have that problem because I reserved the "Suites," paid a little extra, and had a great room. But my other minor need of "guest services" was aptly met by Pedro Adolfo, who should be made hotel manager! One major complaint (perhaps minor to most people) is the absence of a decent comfortable arm chair in either the livingroom or the bedroom. RESTAURANTS. Buffet area just OK, certainly adequate. The Italian Restaurant: I would not go back there again based on very poor service and food itself is below par. The Gourmet Restaurant is tops!! The Mexican Restaurant also very good; the Brazilian Restaurant so-so. (BTW, I spotted the same waiter (tall guy with broad shoulders) at the Brazilian and Italian restaurants on two separate nights. He needs some lessons in customer relations.) Otherwise mostly everyone else at the hotel is pleasant and helpful. (Hamaca is not the same as when I was there 15 years ago (when it was owned by Hilton!). But it's worth the money. I plan to return. Check out Reuben at the pool bar, Maria, my housekeeper in the Suites. Any problems, see Pedro Adolfo, Guest Services.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"Not a good Choice Hotel for all-inclusive resorts."
This resort has been going down hill every year. This was my third time at this resort in four years for business and will no longer be staying there. Little staff, food not to where it was and accommodations have been limited. worst part is the customer service and staff availability. I had the VIP check in and still took about 45 min to check-in with not a full hotel. not worth the price. The staff didn't care if I was unsatisfied with my stay or with their accommodations.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"Lazy Managers"
The suite I was staying in needed an upgrade on the phone line. The calls were not going directly to my room, and it was difficult to talk over the phone line. When I would ask to speak to management, I would always get the run-around. i.e. "the manager was busy"..." he/she stepped out"...or "wasn't in for the day". All in all, I never got to see anyone in a position of authority in the time I was there.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Deborah
""Hotel is Dated""
"We stayed at this hotel which is considered the best hotel in Boca Chica. We spent over 170 us dollars to stay, and although it included beverages and food , we were disappointed in the upkeep of the hotel. The furniture was in very poor condition, and quite soiled and scratched. The bathroom was ample size and nice. The bed was a little stiff. It seems the rooms could use a fresh coat o f paint and new furniture. The buffet was decent, but not great. Deserts were minimal and not tasty. The staff was friendly, and there were many activities for kids. It still is probably the best choice for hotels in Boca Chica, but thats not saying much. I would rather go to another destination such as Juan Dolio, or La Romana and stay in a much nicer hotel or resort for the same or less money. I believe you pay too much of a premium for the all inclusive aspect."
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Horrible"
Some of the staff are very cold acting. The food was the same every day. Some rooms are hard to get to and other rooms no Air condition. Please don't waste your money at this hotel go to Don Juan.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
elaine
"Nice hotel close to beach and the city."
I will recommend this hotel to young people who are looking for something close to city and want to be close to beach.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Honey
"Most relaxing vacation"
Tutti Frutti and the entertainment team made this trip worth it. They were energetic and fun filled and we're the most friendliest of persons. the on resort night time shows were awesome. Something different every night. I am certainly going to be returning to this hotel before the year is over.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Gene
I don't like the hotel for what they show in the website Food
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
inocencio
"I like it"
You have to be careful about which type of room you are choosing because could be counfesed. I was at the Suites, and it was very nice. The jacuzzi on the first room didn't work, therefore I changed room, but the staff was very nice all the time.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Vanessa
"HOTEL ROOM WAS EXCELLENT"
All the S taff were Professional, the Room was Excellent In size, closet Space and the View was Marvelous..
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
"Gorgeous Hotel, Great Staff, Magnificent Beach."
We had THE MOST BEAUTIFUL TIME, we stay at the Presidential Suites, right on the beach, great view, excellent amenities, Buffet was the best for us, because we are vegetarians, but if you ate meat, of course they are better choices, staff what friendly, specially at the beach,,,,,the make all hotel guess participate on the outdoor activities,,,made it a lot of fun. We will be back.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Raiza & Brian
"Boca Property Hotel"
Wonderful view of the Caribbean Ocean. The dining area/accommodations are good with a good variety of food selections.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Alfred
STAFF NOT FRENDLY, SLOW, WITH SERVICE,,FOOD,WAS NOT THAT GREAT
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Bad time of season."
Do to the bad time of season, very few people were at the resort. Because of this, there was a very limited number of bars and restaurants open. This coupled with a reduced staff, made for a less then good vacation.
Other trip May 16, 2014
doc
"Nice beach satisfactory hotel"
Staff was kind helpful and friendly but the hotel seemed to he very outdated Food was the same everyday Hotel seems to need a bit of a makeover although my room which was a suite was very modern Beds were big but not to comfortable
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
mother of two
"Not too close to must see sights"
I had a great time.The weather was great and spent a lot of time at the beach
5 night trip Mar 20, 2014
George Esteves
"Customer service girl was the best!"
I booked a room with a king size bed but got 2 queen's. I checked in after 6 pm and though it was to late to have it changed that night but the customer service girl that works the night had me in a room 4 floors up with a better view and a king size bed in less than 15 min. She also helped me with getting my laundry picked up, reservation's , and directions to 3 of the many restaurants. She would greet me with a charming personality asking if there was any thing I needed. She made the whole experience special. THANK YOU!
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
Anthony
The food was absolutely horrible. The hotel is complex to navigate.
1 night trip Nov 25, 2013
Photo
"Bad news"
Two words... "TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE"
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Abe
"Bad service, located in a nice view but hotel neds"
Never got the room i paid for. Check in was at 3 pm didn't get. Room till 6 pm. No phone lines in the room i have to go to the front desk to make a call, not enough water in the room, the mini bar was fill only room service was terrible have to wait more than 3 hours for them to show. The only good service was at the bartender by the beach, no kids activities and the show at night was so bored I just when to sleep early. After so many years visiting this hotel i wont go back.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
zoil
"Very dissatisfied about what we experienced!!"
Will make it brief. The experience that my husband and I had was awful. We had to be changed to four different rooms within 2 days if being there. We will not go or refer anyone there ever!!!
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
javier
"Dissapointing"
Well when I first got there the suites were all booked I paid more money to stay in the Suites for nothing!! They said they would have me in a Suite by Monday as Anthony said from the front desk... he was no help!! Well Monday came and I went to look at the suite and I did not like it they gave me a dingy room with no view no balcony with a ugly street view. My husband said we were staying in the room we already have because it was much nicer and this room had been recently been renovated it looks like the picture with the two beds The room I was in was way better than the Suite it was in the main bldg 407 double bed huge bathroom I was right in front of the pool and the beach. housekeping did a great job with cleaning the room and I always had towels.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
nina
"Musty, Smelly and Not upto the mark"
The room was very pretty But it was musty and smelley. No proper maintenance and it was supposed to be a new block. We already mentioned we were coming with a three year old. Yet we were far away from the lobby and dining area. The only good thing was that we had direct access to the beach. The food and drinks were good.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2013
Samantha
"Beautiful hotel close to the city"
Very good experience. People are very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Hotel is right on the beach"
Overall the hotel was okay. However, the service was not good. I asked for a clean towel; an hour later I still didn't get any towel. I went to the front desk to talk to them personally. I checked out a few hours later and I didn't see a clean towel.
Emmanuel
"nice beutifull view to the swimming pool and"
excellente , enjoy dancing , the beach was very clear , enjoy the aerobics in the beach every morning.
sonia
"Close to Beach"
Booked suite and received a regular room that was called a suite because its in the same building (Presidential Suites) was not worth the stay at all. Checked in, late afternoon and the room wasn't completed by housekeeping. Bed not made, wall lamp hanging off and the security safe needed new batteries. When i called the front desk, i was informed a staff member will come to the room. We waited 85 minutes and then called again, same thing repeated after 40 min took the walk to the front desk, (its a long one from the Presidential Suites). The front desk staff told us housekeeping is waiting for us at our room. We went back, no one there, we gave up after I called and asked for a Manager and was informed the Manager is not available. The next morning tried again, security came and informed me the safe is no good they would have to change it (I would have to wait) The cleaning problem would have to taken care of Housekeeping and the wall lamp by the engineers but we would have to be in the room for this to all happen. We laughed and went back to the front desk and asked for a manager. Again i was informed a manager is not available. I went back to the room, placed a DND sign on the door and left. I DONT recommend this place.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Eddie
"The beach was fantastic but..."
The rooms were smelly. The toilet didn't flush, the food wasn't so good The room where we were assigned to was too far away from the restaurant. The staff of the hotel were friendly. The owners should remodel it. Nightlife Was boring , no shows at all.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
Awy
"Great Location but Shhort on Service"
Hotel is perfectly situated on the beach. Restaurants and bars are conveniently located and well-staffed for a large hotel. The NEGATIVES were many! Over 2 hours to check-in, room was not cleaned 2 days in a row and had to tip a bellman to find us some clean towels, we received bottle beverages but no fridge or bottle opener provided, always out of beach/pool towels, guest services not so friendly. Overall disappointed in hotel service, but again, beautiful beach.
3 night trip Jul 25, 2013
JJ
"Disappointing"
The hotel is in poor condition, the food is terrible, there is no attention by the staff and not all inclusive as advertised. No back and do not recommend.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
Dee
"Horror movie!!!!!!!"
The most horrible hotel I've been in my life that says it all!
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
julissa

"Vacanza Fantastica !"
Viaggio per fine anno. Intimoriti dalle recesioni eccessivamente negative eravamo piuttosto preoccupati. Tutto ok. L'hotel ha qualche anno ma la camera e il servzio sono da ritenersi all'altezza del costo. Camera pulita e funzionale. Servizo di ristorazione in alcuni casi, vedi buffet di fine anno, eccellente. Spiaggia e mare fantastici. Esperienza da ripetere!
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Sissidodo
IT
Bel hotel pas assez de choix en nourriture au self .les restaurants le soir tres bien sauf que le restaurant fruit de mer n appartient pas a l hotel donc tres cher .tres bruyant et sale le week end a cause des locaux
12 night family trip Sep 13, 2014
FR
"Hamaca, hotel deludente!"
Tutte le camere puzzano di muffa e io ero al Presidential suites. Wifi 3 euro 15 minuti, 25 euro l'intera giornata.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Fint hotell"
Men dålig administration. De hade dålig koll på bokningarna så några gäster fick inte dom rummen de hade betalat för.
5 night trip Aug 6, 2013
Glenys
SE
"Hotel decadente non merita valutazione data in Int"
Poche cose funzionavano di due ascensori ne funzionava solo uno er era disponibile per i servizi ed i clienti, quindi lunghissime attese la spiaggia buona ed il mare ottimo, ma questo non basta per dare una buona valutazione all'Htel Valutazione massima 2 stele Io sono uno che viaggi moltissimo e di solto in 5 stelle o più
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
Basilio

TripAdvisor reviews for Be Live Experience Hamaca Suites

"Vacation from Hell"
06/29/15 Lily R New Jersey
I've vacationed in Dominican Republic with the best of hotels/resorts as well as with budget friendly stays for the conscious vacationer. And never have I experienced the vacation from hell that Be Live Hamaca provided throughout my stay. I highly recommend not staying at this resort. When I booked my stay I included a special couples package ( and paid extra for the perks) that included strawberries and champagne, couples massage, and breakfast in bed. Such reservation was not made even after sharing with the reception my itinerary that included all those extras. They said they do no such perks and refused to honor the fact that I had a written receipt for the extra services. This was just upon my arrival. On my second stay, my boyfriend and I's cellphones were stolen along with money right from our rooms while we were on the beach for merely three hours. I felt so violated and frustrated and the hotel refused to help us because our devises were not in a safety deposit box ( our phones were charging). Needless to say, we checked out of the hotel after our safety being compromised and will never be vacationing at this resort ever again. The food and drinks were disappointing as well. And the resort looks nothing like it does online. Please beware!
"good times!"
06/28/15 Elle B Toronto, Canada
To be honest, our room wasn't the greatest and there was a bee hive outside, in the balcony that we could not use. We called the staff several times to get rid of it but the bees were still there. However, we barely stayed in the room, only to sleep and with the windows closed!! So to say he least, that was not a huge issue for us. The food was great, the snack bar was right near the pool/beach so you didn't have to go far for food if you wanted to stay near the water. The staff were friendly always ready to give you your preferred drinks and security were very helpful. The disco was ok, always quite empty. The other entertainment was great, dance lessons, aerobics, etc. I loved that everything was so close by. I really liked that we could walk along the beach and once we crossed the line, it was local area. We could walk to bars, restaurants and shops without a taxi! It was so convenient. On weekends, the locals would be on the other side of the beach so it was nice to experience their lifestyle of playing music and dancing on the beach. I would go back! (3 years ago)
"Absolutely exhausting"
06/24/15 Ethan P Rochester, New York
So I arrived at Hamaca Suites on Saturday with a large group of people at 11am. When we went to check in they said that we had made no reservations (in fact, we had made reservations for all 20 of us two months prior). It took until 5pm to get room keys, the whole time dealing with incompetent and rude staff. Throughout the next few days, I never received one smile from any employees, not even a "your welcome." The girls in the group were harassed by the male security guards, both physically and verbally. Finally, a vacation is where one is supposed to get refreshed and rejuvenated. The opposite occurred. Salesman were constantly coming up to us on the beach while we were trying to rest, and literally would not leave you alone until you made a purchase. To say the least, I was downright angry about my experience here and strongly advise you to not come. You may be attracted to the cheap prices, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Save your money and the degrading experience that follows.
"Vacation"
06/22/15 edicksonf Harrison, Tennessee
Very good hotel, to go on vacation with families, friends or by yourself; my family and I enjoyed it very much and have great fun and nice memory, We loved it. I loved the buffet, beach, pool, bar, everything.
"Paradise Disapointment"
06/21/15 LeoandGrace L
We have visited this resort in the past when it was under a different name. Didn't think twice when booking our trip since it's always been wonderful. This time we were let down. The place is not being taken care of. Very dirty and not pleasant. Poor service in general. On several occasions we lost water in the middle of our showers. 😟
"Worst hotel ever..."
06/15/15 Jackie1997
Please stay away from this hotel I don't even recommend it to my worst enemy the Beach so dirty the staff are horrible did not feel safe please keep your family away from this hotel please please don't go. Loud music into 4am in the morning the room so it's dirty I pay for 2!tonight and we left the next day I was crying all night due to the fact I didn't feel safe. It doesn't even look like the pictures on the website it's totally different full of local people looking to see if you leave something behind for they can take ..!
"Not recommended"
06/03/15 152anthonyf Austin, Texas
The beach is nice and the staff are friendly but I can't recommend much after that. Food was average. We stayed in the presidential suite section so the rooms were newer and OK but all of our friends booked in the Garden and Ocean sections had terrible things to say about their rooms. Staff was friendly but absolutely unapologetically unresponsive to any problems. Bar staff was nice but we paid for all inclusive and all the bars closed at midnight or earlier. There are multiple specialty restaurants but only one is open per night and you have to make sure you get up in the morning and make reservations. Beach is nice and there are plenty of chairs. There is an industrial pier a mile or so away which is not a problem but it does impact the view from being perfect. AC in our room was nice and cold. Lighting in bathroom was not adequate. Coffee maker and TV remote were broken.
"Save Yourself the headache!!"
06/02/15 Rsasha Flushing, New York
I can safely say that I am happy to be out of this hellhole.This has to be one of the nastiest resorts I have ever stayed in. As i currently recover from a stomach virus I ask myself how i ever managed to spend more than one night here as well as how they managed to get three a three star rating. The entire resort is in shambles and you notice that as soon as you walk in. Ironically the owners are more putting up severely photoshopped pictures in the hall then attending to their resort. To start off the amount of mold in the room is alarming. My friend who suffers from asthma ended up having an asthma attack because of that. Even opening the balcony door, which doesn't lock, did not alleviate the smell. It actually made it worse. Then theres the mold on the lampshades. They were completely covered in them and some of them didn't even have lights in them. The beds are constantly moist for no apparent reason. It felt as if we were covered in wet towels all night long. The bathroom is a complete disgrace. The sink was so badly rusted and dirty we restored to using bottled water to brush out teeth. The bath tub and toilet were in no better condition. Even after showering I still felt dirty. The closet was completely covered in mold and the light on the ceiling was dropping water. After having suffered two days inside the room and not even having it cleaned we decided we had had enough. After explaining the room situation to the manager he basically laughed in my face and ask me why i had waited to long to say something. After telling him i had called the front desk 4 times since arriving he brushed me off and told me they would send someone to do a deep cleaning. We left the resort to eat because we couldn't bare another day of the disgusting food being served. Upon arriving back to the room we saw that the beds had been made ) the sheets were never changed) and that the lamp shades had been turned to the sides with the least amount of mold. We ended up being fed up and left that very night to Santo Domingo. I wouldn't recommend this "resort" to my worst enemy. If disgusting rooms, bed bugs, or the food that will surely give you severe diarrhea doesn't deter your opinion then this is the place to go. I'm sure the sigh of prostitutes and constant being approached by drug dealers will add that final touch to an amazing vacation.
"bachatu 2015"
06/02/15 958vivianm Birmingham, Alabama
I was attending a dance event called bachatu, so there were so many people arriving the same day all nearly at the same time, so check in was long and a bit frustrating, but everyone was very kind and helpful during the process, this place is amazing, the people are so friendly and so nice, I am vegan and they were very helpful and accommodating the entire time I was there, every issue I may have had was quickly resolved by their amazing staff, I felt very safe and relaxed and this was truly the best vacation I have ever been on, I honestly did not want to leave.
"Slumming it if you can lower your expectations"
06/02/15 ViajerodeLaJolla La Jolla, California
This hotel is a no frills place that could be a passable option if you were on a budget and wanted to be by the beach. The facilities are old. Service level of the staff really depends on the individual - I have had some very pleasant encounters but also others that were plainly inconsiderate. The overall quality and maintenance of the facilities will leave you no doubt that you are in a third-world country. Personally I shrug it off, and think sometimes it actually connects you better to the perspective of the locals. If you are looking to be pampered, however, I would recommend one of the American branded chains. Lastly, be sure to have exact change in general.