All hotels in Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
Calle Duarte #1-C, Esq. Caracol, Boca Chica, Santo Domingo, 50700, Dominican Republic, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Poor value for money
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
    Service is poor
    Room is not nice
    Bad amenities
    Dirty
"Not a good place to stay"
The service was terrible, poor customer service, had 2 refrigerators in room 7111 and neither of them worked same with the AC. After asking multiple times for someone to come an check it out no one ever showed up even tho they told me someone would come by to come check on the problem. The Casino sucks, the only decent part of this hotel is the food and entertainment system. Other than that I don't recommend this place at all.
1 night family trip Jan 19, 2016
Lenny
"The Dump"
The hotel staff was less than friendly and the security staff treated you as if you where a common criminal and totally lacked professionalism or pleasant attitude. I would not recommend this place to anyone...
3 night trip Dec 11, 2015
Bobby
"minibar was never filled in my 9 day stay."
Don't let the photographers take your pictures! I told them I wanted my pictures on a cd, They printed pictures up then demanded more money.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
Candy
"Beautiful water-nice beach. Poor service."
Beautiful water - nice beach. Hotel condition was 'ok' if booking the highest quality room. That said, we booked an oceanfront 'suite' with King bed. Upon arrival, we were placed in a partial view room (no suite) with 2 queen beds. When asked - they shared that they didn't have any of the rooms we booked available. We took the room they offered and called Hotels.com upon return to the States and Hotels.com is working to make it right.
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
"Dirty hotel"
When i went to do my check in i find out they sold my room i was paid for deluxe room and they put me a the most dirty room they had . terrible experience for me.i never go back again
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
sobeida
"Okey"
I like my vacations the only thing I didn't like was the cleaning of the hotel.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
rosmery
"I love my vacations"
I love my vacations the hotel was Okey but they need to do better we the cleaning.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
rosmery
"Disappointing experience"
It is not the 4 star hotel they advertise, the rooms are not clean, deficiencies in the room, no variety of food, poor entertainment. The only hotel in the area and they seem to take advantage of the fact that hey don't have competition and do not care to provide a high level of service. It is obvious that there is no quality control, no one checks the rooms before guests arrive.
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
Fredy
"Bad experience stay away"
Very disappointed with the dirtiness of the room! There were roaches!! Moldy smelling room, standing water in shower, water ran hot no cold, toilet didn't work until they came to fix it. Dingy dirty floors, run down place, do not stay here.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
disappointed
"Disappointing/terrible experience"
I returned to this hotel in October of last year for the first time in 10 years. This experience last October reminded me of the not so impressive experience lived 10 years ago that I had forgotten about. I left with a feeling of not complete satisfaction. I returned again in May 2015 thinking that I should give it another chance, this time I am totally convinced that this hotel is a complete waist of money. They consider themselves to be a 4 star hotel but my experience there I wouldn't give them more than 2 stars. I booked the so called Presidential Suites, which they claim are the best, at arrival, the first thing I noticed was the level of cleanliness was very poor, most of the electric outlets did not work, the refrigerator did not work either, it took 3 requests and a more stern tone to get some one to respond. Before anyone responded, I investigated the cause of the problem, it was circuit breaker that was tripped, when I reset it, it tripped again, but I chose not to volunteer this information to the hotel to see how they fix this problem. On my way back to the room I checked with Customer service and they told me the problem was fixed. Surprise surprise, They stock a toothpick under the circuit breaker to stop it from tripping again, a circuit breaker is supposed to cut off the electricity in the presence of an electric short to prevent a fire and save lives, with this repair, they completely defeated the purpose of it....Outrageous to say the least.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
Fredy
"Good staff that's about it"
Room and condition of hotel very horrible, dirty. Moldy smelling room, Roaches!!! A leak from the ceiling water rushing down into the sink, toilet didn't work at one point, water only hot, couldn't use the shower. Staff very flirty, friendly almost too much. Food not great. For such an expensive all inclusive, very disappointed!!!
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
disappointed
"Ugh!!!"
Have low expectations and you will be ok. Buffet food was always cold. Food at the pool area was awful. Place is mostly for locals I am thinking. If you can afford get the suite because your things in room are probably safer. Don't attempt to get a refund for services you did not get. Management will rip you off in a heartbeat. I think it's the worst resort I have stayed in. With that said. The beach area is ok.
2 night trip May 23, 2015
Cleveland
Not satisfied with the staff, they were not polite at all, did not meet my expectations, i asked for a few things i needed for our room. (Ex: change the coffee maker because it did not work) never got an exchange, i reported this and other things to management they did not do anything about and did not care at all, we did not even get an apology. Not satisfied
Other trip May 25, 2015
Check in and out was too long. Mini bar was empty in my room It took three days to get a mini bar that was working.
Other trip May 16, 2015
"Terrible"
This has to be the worst resort on the island. From check in to check out I have nothing nice to say about this place. The staff was useless the front desk was even worst. The elevators don't work, no bell boys on site. Every time we ask a question about anything they had no clue. All the staff members look like they did not want to be there at all. The beach is horrible tons of seaweed TONS. Never again! !!
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Close to the beach nice beach but not clean"
Very bad I don't come back to this hotel The food was horrible also no parking for the guess
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
jorge
"Beach Beautiful"
Amazing beach...food is ok...not much to do...calm & relaxed...nothing great about it just the beach. Liquor was not great either
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Roxie
"DO NOT GO HERE!"
Room not up to any par: no shades on bedside lights/bare bulbs. No toilet paper holder in BR. Upholstered chairs filthy. No mattress pads on bed. Sheets threadbare. No interior extra lock on door. Staff communication limited in English.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
susan
I was charged the room fees even thought I had paid the RSVC because I did not have the confirmation in paper and I could not access my email It was dirty, and in the middle on the elevator ride , there was a black out I came to DR at 1;00 am there was not much I could do
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Wanda
"Not worth it, save your money"
This place shouldnt have a four star. Service is non exsistant, food isn't good, hotel is in bad shape. The only thing that's nice is the beach. I wouldn't come back. My worst hotel experience ever. Save your money
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
mirre
"Don't waste your money here"
The staff are not friendly. We booked the suite and it had an smell. I complained but they didn't want to change my room. The beach is nice but they don't have enought beach chair for all the guest. If you want to feel that you are on vacation, please go to a different hotel.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Maria
"Decent hotel; good value for money."
As a multiple Marriott timeshare owner, I enjoy quality service. I go to the Hamaca once or twice a year because I have working friends in Boca Chica. Perhaps it's indigenous to the country, but I am always reminded of my need of patience! A common complaint (which I observed while waiting at the registration desk) is the dissatisfaction re room assignments. I did not have that problem because I reserved the "Suites," paid a little extra, and had a great room. But my other minor need of "guest services" was aptly met by Pedro Adolfo, who should be made hotel manager! One major complaint (perhaps minor to most people) is the absence of a decent comfortable arm chair in either the livingroom or the bedroom. RESTAURANTS. Buffet area just OK, certainly adequate. The Italian Restaurant: I would not go back there again based on very poor service and food itself is below par. The Gourmet Restaurant is tops!! The Mexican Restaurant also very good; the Brazilian Restaurant so-so. (BTW, I spotted the same waiter (tall guy with broad shoulders) at the Brazilian and Italian restaurants on two separate nights. He needs some lessons in customer relations.) Otherwise mostly everyone else at the hotel is pleasant and helpful. (Hamaca is not the same as when I was there 15 years ago (when it was owned by Hilton!). But it's worth the money. I plan to return. Check out Reuben at the pool bar, Maria, my housekeeper in the Suites. Any problems, see Pedro Adolfo, Guest Services.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"Not a good Choice Hotel for all-inclusive resorts."
This resort has been going down hill every year. This was my third time at this resort in four years for business and will no longer be staying there. Little staff, food not to where it was and accommodations have been limited. worst part is the customer service and staff availability. I had the VIP check in and still took about 45 min to check-in with not a full hotel. not worth the price. The staff didn't care if I was unsatisfied with my stay or with their accommodations.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"Lazy Managers"
The suite I was staying in needed an upgrade on the phone line. The calls were not going directly to my room, and it was difficult to talk over the phone line. When I would ask to speak to management, I would always get the run-around. i.e. "the manager was busy"..." he/she stepped out"...or "wasn't in for the day". All in all, I never got to see anyone in a position of authority in the time I was there.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Deborah
""Hotel is Dated""
"We stayed at this hotel which is considered the best hotel in Boca Chica. We spent over 170 us dollars to stay, and although it included beverages and food , we were disappointed in the upkeep of the hotel. The furniture was in very poor condition, and quite soiled and scratched. The bathroom was ample size and nice. The bed was a little stiff. It seems the rooms could use a fresh coat o f paint and new furniture. The buffet was decent, but not great. Deserts were minimal and not tasty. The staff was friendly, and there were many activities for kids. It still is probably the best choice for hotels in Boca Chica, but thats not saying much. I would rather go to another destination such as Juan Dolio, or La Romana and stay in a much nicer hotel or resort for the same or less money. I believe you pay too much of a premium for the all inclusive aspect."
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Horrible"
Some of the staff are very cold acting. The food was the same every day. Some rooms are hard to get to and other rooms no Air condition. Please don't waste your money at this hotel go to Don Juan.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
elaine
"Nice hotel close to beach and the city."
I will recommend this hotel to young people who are looking for something close to city and want to be close to beach.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Honey
"Most relaxing vacation"
Tutti Frutti and the entertainment team made this trip worth it. They were energetic and fun filled and we're the most friendliest of persons. the on resort night time shows were awesome. Something different every night. I am certainly going to be returning to this hotel before the year is over.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Gene
I don't like the hotel for what they show in the website Food
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
inocencio
"I like it"
You have to be careful about which type of room you are choosing because could be counfesed. I was at the Suites, and it was very nice. The jacuzzi on the first room didn't work, therefore I changed room, but the staff was very nice all the time.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Vanessa
"HOTEL ROOM WAS EXCELLENT"
All the S taff were Professional, the Room was Excellent In size, closet Space and the View was Marvelous..
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
"Gorgeous Hotel, Great Staff, Magnificent Beach."
We had THE MOST BEAUTIFUL TIME, we stay at the Presidential Suites, right on the beach, great view, excellent amenities, Buffet was the best for us, because we are vegetarians, but if you ate meat, of course they are better choices, staff what friendly, specially at the beach,,,,,the make all hotel guess participate on the outdoor activities,,,made it a lot of fun. We will be back.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Raiza & Brian
"Don't expect much"
Check in was horrible, not even on the guest list when we showed up. We paid for an ocean front (not ocean view) suite, and to our surprise, the room wasn't even looking at the ocean. To make matters worse, the room wasn't cleaned up from the previous guest (it was 9pm by the time we got the room). finally, after grabbing some dinner, the room was clean. the frigobar was missing in the room. We have a 14 months old baby and we needed more bottled water for her. We tried up until 2 in the morning to get a bottle of water (even walking through the entire resort trying to find someone to even sell us one) to no avail.It took room service "just" 14 hours to deliver a bottle of water. Incredible.... I could go on, but it's not worth it. The following morning, we complained about our lack of view (expedia charged us for the ocean front) and they gave us a pool side view (which the air conditioning unit was broken). I expect expedia to review this hotel and i'm still waiting for compensation as i paid extra for something i never got...
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
Lucas
"Boca Property Hotel"
Wonderful view of the Caribbean Ocean. The dining area/accommodations are good with a good variety of food selections.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Alfred
STAFF NOT FRENDLY, SLOW, WITH SERVICE,,FOOD,WAS NOT THAT GREAT
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Bad time of season."
Do to the bad time of season, very few people were at the resort. Because of this, there was a very limited number of bars and restaurants open. This coupled with a reduced staff, made for a less then good vacation.
Other trip May 16, 2014
doc
"Nice beach satisfactory hotel"
Staff was kind helpful and friendly but the hotel seemed to he very outdated Food was the same everyday Hotel seems to need a bit of a makeover although my room which was a suite was very modern Beds were big but not to comfortable
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
mother of two
"Not too close to must see sights"
I had a great time.The weather was great and spent a lot of time at the beach
5 night trip Mar 20, 2014
George Esteves
"Customer service girl was the best!"
I booked a room with a king size bed but got 2 queen's. I checked in after 6 pm and though it was to late to have it changed that night but the customer service girl that works the night had me in a room 4 floors up with a better view and a king size bed in less than 15 min. She also helped me with getting my laundry picked up, reservation's , and directions to 3 of the many restaurants. She would greet me with a charming personality asking if there was any thing I needed. She made the whole experience special. THANK YOU!
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
Anthony
The food was absolutely horrible. The hotel is complex to navigate.
1 night trip Nov 25, 2013
Photo
"Bad news"
Two words... "TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE"
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Abe
"Bad service, located in a nice view but hotel neds"
Never got the room i paid for. Check in was at 3 pm didn't get. Room till 6 pm. No phone lines in the room i have to go to the front desk to make a call, not enough water in the room, the mini bar was fill only room service was terrible have to wait more than 3 hours for them to show. The only good service was at the bartender by the beach, no kids activities and the show at night was so bored I just when to sleep early. After so many years visiting this hotel i wont go back.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
zoil
"Very dissatisfied about what we experienced!!"
Will make it brief. The experience that my husband and I had was awful. We had to be changed to four different rooms within 2 days if being there. We will not go or refer anyone there ever!!!
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
javier
"Dissapointing"
Well when I first got there the suites were all booked I paid more money to stay in the Suites for nothing!! They said they would have me in a Suite by Monday as Anthony said from the front desk... he was no help!! Well Monday came and I went to look at the suite and I did not like it they gave me a dingy room with no view no balcony with a ugly street view. My husband said we were staying in the room we already have because it was much nicer and this room had been recently been renovated it looks like the picture with the two beds The room I was in was way better than the Suite it was in the main bldg 407 double bed huge bathroom I was right in front of the pool and the beach. housekeping did a great job with cleaning the room and I always had towels.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
nina
"Musty, Smelly and Not upto the mark"
The room was very pretty But it was musty and smelley. No proper maintenance and it was supposed to be a new block. We already mentioned we were coming with a three year old. Yet we were far away from the lobby and dining area. The only good thing was that we had direct access to the beach. The food and drinks were good.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2013
Samantha
"Beautiful hotel close to the city"
Very good experience. People are very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Hotel is right on the beach"
Overall the hotel was okay. However, the service was not good. I asked for a clean towel; an hour later I still didn't get any towel. I went to the front desk to talk to them personally. I checked out a few hours later and I didn't see a clean towel.
Emmanuel
"nice beutifull view to the swimming pool and"
excellente , enjoy dancing , the beach was very clear , enjoy the aerobics in the beach every morning.
sonia
"Close to Beach"
Booked suite and received a regular room that was called a suite because its in the same building (Presidential Suites) was not worth the stay at all. Checked in, late afternoon and the room wasn't completed by housekeeping. Bed not made, wall lamp hanging off and the security safe needed new batteries. When i called the front desk, i was informed a staff member will come to the room. We waited 85 minutes and then called again, same thing repeated after 40 min took the walk to the front desk, (its a long one from the Presidential Suites). The front desk staff told us housekeeping is waiting for us at our room. We went back, no one there, we gave up after I called and asked for a Manager and was informed the Manager is not available. The next morning tried again, security came and informed me the safe is no good they would have to change it (I would have to wait) The cleaning problem would have to taken care of Housekeeping and the wall lamp by the engineers but we would have to be in the room for this to all happen. We laughed and went back to the front desk and asked for a manager. Again i was informed a manager is not available. I went back to the room, placed a DND sign on the door and left. I DONT recommend this place.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Eddie
"The beach was fantastic but..."
The rooms were smelly. The toilet didn't flush, the food wasn't so good The room where we were assigned to was too far away from the restaurant. The staff of the hotel were friendly. The owners should remodel it. Nightlife Was boring , no shows at all.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013