All hotels in Tokyo, Japan

Clean
    Room is all right
    Uncomfortable
"Very nice location"
The staff at Mitsui-Garden Ueno were a pleasure to work with and extremely courteous. The room was well laid out for the size. The hotel is very easy to get to because upon arrival at Ueno station, exit the main entrance and look left. Ueno park is within a 15 minute walk and so is the shopping district. Wish I had more time to explore the surrounding areas.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the station and clean"
It was a really nice staying at this hotel! All of the stuffs are nice and they provide new towels at the door when we said no cleaning. Shower is nice, bed and pillows are really comfortable. Nice facilities. I love the hotel!
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Comfortable hotel very close to train station"
Large room by Tokyo standards. Very close to train station, helpful staff!
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Good for Americans"
While Japan is quite small in general compared to America, this hotel did quite nicely in helping me avoid the claustrophobia I can so frequently encounter. I stayed here once before, in the heat of July (if at all possible, do not visit Tokyo in July... people die here.) Although my trip was quite stressful, this hotel offered a quiet reprieve that allowed me to retain my sanity. The rooms will be small compared to American hotel rooms, but again that's to be expected. The toilet has more buttons than an espresso machine, and the overall cleanliness and comfortability is quite excellent. The staff is eager to serve and will offer plenty of amenities if requested. I will definitely return here if I have to return to Japan.
5 night business trip Apr 21, 2014
Excellent location. Staffs are very helpful and can communicate well. Price is on a high side but worth it if you love to stay near to big station and surrounded by many visiting places. Room is clean and fuller with all needed appliances.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"Will come back and stay here again"
Great
3 night trip Mar 30, 2014
Porsche
"Nice comfortable stay"
We stayed here for one night after arriving late from Narita. This is an excellent, comfortable hotel with relatively small rooms. Good value.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
Sebastien
Very convenience & very helpfull staff!
3 night business trip Mar 30, 2014
Location, location, location. We were able to navigate immediate neighborhood as well as subways and trains comfortably. Large pedestrian walkway to train station across the street. Park, restaurants, zoo, museums and shopping all walking distance. Staff friendly and truly aimed to please.
2 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"Great experience"
I had a wonderful time at Mitsui Garden Hotel Ueno. It was near the Ueno Station (JR) and there is an underground path to the hotel (follow the exit towards Showa/Asakura, exit 1-2). Once you get out, it's on your right. The room was decently sized and very clean. Free WIFI in the rooms and all the amentities I needed and then some (shampoo, soap, face wash, toothbrush/paste, comb, razor, q-tips). Even had a closeup mirror which many hotels in Japan did not provide. The location is wonderful. Ueno station has much to offer and it is a short distance from Ueno Park. If you feel like walking, Asakusa is not far either. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.
2 night trip Mar 27, 2014
DL
"Nice hotel close to JR Ueno station and Ueno Park"
Small (average size for Tokyo) but great hotel. They still hung a bag on our door with new towels, amenities, and water bottles even though we declined for room make-up/cleaning. Short walk across foot bridge to JR Ueno/metro stations, and Ueno Park (go first week of April for Sakura (cherry blossoms). Front desk staff can speak enough English to make arrangements (we need to leave for the airport at 3am when no trains were running) they helped us reserve a taxi the day before and the price they quoted was pretty accurate about 9,000 Yen to get to Haneda Airport (the actual come out little less then quoted). I do not know if they offer or can help with sightseeing since I know Tokyo well enough we did our own itinerary.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
J
"Perfect Location for exploring Tokyo"
Very well located - easy to get to and from the airport. Located right on all three metro lines so it is a snap to get anywhere in Tokyo. Also, only 8 minutes from Tokyo station for trains to other parts of Japan. The hotel is very clean and well appointed. I was traveling alone so the room was a perfect size, however if there was another person, it would have been a tight fit. The windows are very sound proof, so even though it is on a major highway, I didn't hear a thing. Excellent property, I highly recommend.
3 night trip Mar 23, 2014
Jaime
"Hotel with great location"
This was my first visit to Japan and I found that this hotel met all my needs. The location is perfect for the first time tourist as it is close to Ueno train station which connects to multiple subway and train lines. The hotel is within walking distance of Ueno Park which has several museums. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
Bonnie
"Great location, great room amenties, great service"
The hotel is normal size for Japanese standard. The room has extra amenties (face moisturizer, hair curler, etc). The hotel staff is very friendly, they delivered my luggage to my returned room after my last night of stay after returning from a short trip. Really enjoyed the stay.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Good choice close to Ueno station"
If you are looking for a hotel that is close to the Ueno train station, Mitsui Garden would be the one.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
The staff is polite and the condition is great but the hotel doesn't have a spa.
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
"Nice hotel and a great location."
Clean rooms, friendly staff with no issues speaking English, the hotel is right across the street from the Ueno train station and next to a Tokyo Metro entrance. I thought the breakfast buffet was tasty and it was nice to have a 24/7 convenience store close by. I would stay here again. (Oh yeah, the free wi-fi was decent.)
Other trip Dec 21, 2013
the dude
Clean and comfortable. Easy access to JR Ueno Station, Keisei Ueno Station, and the surrounding Ueno area. Shopping nearby.
2 night trip Nov 14, 2013
J2
Always a pleasure to stay at MGHU.
1 night trip Nov 12, 2013
"Nice hotel, very conveniently located"
Hotel was just across the street from JR Station. Find the 2nd level exit to go over the street rather than across it. Easy to get anywhere you wanted to go in downtown Tokyo, but good museums and temples right in Ueno. Rooms were small - typical Japan - but laid out well with storage nooks. Hotel very clean, courteous staff. More a business person city than tourist city - but great jumping off point even for tourists. Interesting street shops.
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
K
"Perfect location for a one-nighter in Tokyo"
Close to Ueno train and metro stations. Perfect location for a one-night stay in Tokyo after a long flight. A 20' ride on Skyliner from Narita airport ended in Ueno train station. It took us ~10', aided by GPS and asking around, to get to the hotel lobby. It's a pretty tall building (look up for hotel sign). Check-in was smooth and friendly. Excellent English. Room is clean and descent size (in Tokyo standard). To our delight, the hotel is next to a lively pedestrian street market filled with shops and restaurants. We walked around the street and had wonderful dinner. Next morning we checked out for Kyoto. The hotel allowed us to store our big luggage in the hotel even though we were not coming back to stay in the hotel. This saved us big time. It would be a nightmare carrying the luggage to Kyoto and back.
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
"Great for being near the Ueno / Skyliner station"
Had a night before a flight back - didn't want to stay at the airport so went for a hotel near a train station and this one fit. It is a small walk to the hotel from the station - if it were raining that walk would've been unpleasant but it is short and can do most of it underground if you know your way. The room is small but they pack nearly everything and more you'd want for a night stay. EVen a tea/coffee maker. The AC/heat thermostat is only in Japanese - completely opaque without instructions! Bed is quite firm too as others noted. Good choice for a night - or more if you wanted value more than luxury near a subway.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2013
Cal
"Great hotel in a great location"
I got in late because of the typhoon but check-in was fast and efficient. I screwed up and picked a smoking room when I made my reservation but the staff gladly accommodated my request to switch. Room was nicely furnished if not a little small. But definitely good enough for 1 person. I went downstairs to get a bottle of water right after dropping off my bags and was surprised to find 2 bottles of water when I came back to the room. Can't remember the last time I saw water in hotels here because water in Japan is generally potable. I, being the paranoid freak that I am, still buy bottled water every time so I appreciated the thought. Location of the hotel is fantastic. It is accessible underground and overhead. The Hibiya and Ginza subway lines are right downstairs. JR lines are across the street. A little further, but still connected underground, is the Skyliner. Food and shopping are available at Ueno Station. Ameyokocho is a few blocks away, with even more food and shopping options. Ueno Park and the zoo are close. The new Sky Tree is a short hop away. Only problem that I faced was when my meetings ran late, past midnight, and I missed the last train on several occasions. I had to grab cabs from Roppongi and the Ginza and they ended up costing me my monthly allowance. So if you intend to stay out late near the Tokyo area, this hotel may not be the best option.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Nick
"close to Ueno subway station"
We enjoyed it very much. We love Jaapan.
3 night business trip Oct 2, 2013
C and G
"Great location in a contemporary hotel"
This hotel seems to primarily have Japanese patrons so it is an interesting stay (there were English speakers at . The hotel is very modern and has great decor, and the service was great. The room had a nice view overlooking the city, and had neat amenities other hotels didn't (for example a wireless charger and a hair straightener iron came in the room in addition to the usual amenities). The surrounding neighborhood is great - plenty of shops, bars and restaurants to choose from in every direction. The hotel is also close to the Ueno Market and literally across the street from the train station. Would stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2013
MF
"Superb location for anyone using Ueno Station"
Chosen for convenient location and it didn't disappoint. Very quiet room in a super busy area. We walked over to Ueno Park and visited the museum of Western Art, did some shopping and visited a couple of area restaurants. The hotel restaurant was a bit cramped but adequate. Clean and small, as you would expect in this area. Reasonable value.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2013
Ken
"Good location near Ueno koen"
Very well located hotel. It is close to Ueno Park, museums etc and near the Ueno JR and subway lines. The hotel is a clean Japanese style hotel. The rooms are slightly larger than the standard business hotel in Tokyo. Check-in etc is very efficient. Overall a good hotel in an excellent location.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Nice hotel near Ueno station"
Nice hotel in a nice location. In front of Ueno station. Friendly staffs.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
stan
"Convenient location and reasonably priced Hotel"
We stayed for 3 nights and were able to get to Ueno station easily. Conveniently located, close by shops and restaurants that open 24 hours. Highly recommended Tokyo hotel!
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
wen
No views from the room. The wall next building was right next to the window.
Romance trip Jun 14, 2013
Hula girl
"Good location, clean, has everything you need."
Great hotel, staff greet with a smile every time you enter the hotel. The room may be small compare to western standards, but it is pretty big for Japanese standards. Great location as it is across the street from Ueno main station, and Tokyo Metro subway is steps away. The room has all amenities you need, and it is very clean.
2 night trip with friends Jun 7, 2013
Max
"Close to NRT Skyliner and JR Yamanote line station"
Night life was not as much as my stay in Ikebukuro in the same trip. Will sure stay at this hotel again if I will have a 1-2 night short stay in Tokyo.
1 night trip May 25, 2013
Marvin
"Great place"
Great place to stay. Near to everything. Able to shop and drop off bags to go for more shopping . Very central to all attractions.
2 night trip May 15, 2013
Masaru

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"good hotel"
nice and good hotel
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
Giuseppe
"Simple hotel in convenient location"
I booked this hotel for its location - it is right opposite Ueno train station which gets you to the subway system and around Tokyo easily. If you are flying in/out via Narita, the Keisei Skyliner station is also just down the road. The hotel itself is decent for a business trip; it has all the usual in-room amenities (toiletries, iron, safe, WiFi) and the room was well maintained. The room size was actually bigger than I expected in Tokyo. The front desk service was a bit poor (did not greet, wasn't able to give directions) although it was probably down to the individual working that night not being very comfortable with English.
1 night business trip Apr 11, 2014
SG
"Excellent hotel in a great location"
I loved the hotel. It was immaculate and the room facilities were excellent. I had a room on the 14th floor with a view over Ueno station and the park and city beyond. I liked watching the street life below and on the last night saw a shrine being carried along the street in front of the station. If I return to Tokyo again I will stay here. It's a short walk from the station which connects to Narita airport in 45 mins by the clean and slick Skyliner train. The area was busy and safe to wander in the evening which was good for me as a female solo traveller (though I think all of Tokyo is very safe regardless where you stay). The hotel is also close to the many attractions of both Asakusa and Ueno Park.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Great hotel, great location"
This was our first time to Tokyo, and this Hotel is just beside the Ueno Metro Station, and you can easily find restaurants, supermarket, shops around the Hotel. The famous Ueno Park is also very near the Hotel, you just have to walk around 10-15 minutes to arrive the Park. The room in this hotel is very clean, and the front desk staff are friendly and can speak English.
2 night trip Apr 6, 2014
"Comfortable, friendly, great location and extras!!"
We stayed at a number of locations and hotels and this was by far the best hotel that we stayed at. I had a bad experience getting sick and then putting my back out on a hard bed in Kyoto and by the time we got to Ueno I was in a terrible mood. We checked in and I was shocked to discover they had a BACK MASSAGER in the room as extras including as a face steamer, hair straightener, slippers, etc. Not only that the beds we comfortable and I was able to start enjoying my holiday using the back massager and also the steamer to get rid of my cold!! I was saying to my husband "How did they know!!!" This brightened up my time in Tokyo and I absolutely loved staying in Ueno and would highly recommend this hotel to everyone!! They don't have in-room food service but they had an Italian restaurant downstairs that was really good. Ueno has lots of food that is more Western as well so if you can't stomach the Japanese type food for your entire trip Ueno is perfect. The other amazing part to this hotel is the location. It's perfect for site-seeing and travelling as its so central as outlined below. It's directly across the road from the train station so you don't have to carry your luggage around. There is lifts across the freeway as well so you don't have to take the stairs!!! They also have coin laundry service on the 2nd floor so you don't have to hunt down a laundromat. Pretty much everything you need you have at this hotel and more!
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Erin
"A good hotel"
Location of hotel is great. We stayed for a week and requested for a higher floor but they didnt accommodate, thus we were staying on the 3rd floor without any view for a week (we requested for higher floor when checking in but staff gave some excuses and didnt seem very willing to help, maybe its a better idea to request before cheking in).... room is clean but only 2 pillows provided. On the whole, its a nice hotel.
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
qiqi
SG
"Great location and helpful staff"
We loved our stay here. Great location just across the JR station and the rooms were very comfortable. Beds were good and we had a good rest every night. Definitely will return again.
1 night business trip Feb 22, 2014
"Perfect location"
This is our first trip to Tokyo, Japan. This hotel is perfect located among the beautiful Ueno Park, Zoo, restaurants, great shops, market and most importantly is close by to the subway train station. The hotel is very clean and the room is comfortable although it is a little smaller than expected. The staffs are very friendly and helpful upon arrival. On the snowing day, we borrows 2 umbrella without any trouble at all.
5 night romance trip Feb 13, 2014
G Yeo
"Great location and nice rooms"
We stayed here for 4 nights in Feb 2014. The location was excellent, just opposite the UENO JR station. Surrounding neighbourhood was great too with many great eats, shopping was great for sports products and the morning market just across the road is a bonus. Rooms were clean and comfy and we had a good rest every night. There are a couple of 24hrs small eateries just diagonally across the hotel and they are pretty good too. We enjoyed our stay here and will return again if we ever come back to Tokyo.
3 night business trip Feb 17, 2014
SG
"Immaculate, comfortable hotel right next to Ueno"
Mitsui Garden Hotel is very conveniently located next to Ueno Station and Ueno Park. The rooms are immaculate, and the staff is helpful and friendly. The hotel is close to Kappibashi, the kitchen and restaurant mecca, and has a Tokyo Metro station right next door (Ginza Line). It is also close to the Keisei Skyliner station, so easy to get to from Narita, only 45 minutes max. It isn't a thrilling neighbourhood like Shibuya, but the hotel was the right price, and easy to get to with lots of luggage.
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
"Convenient location next to shopping & transport"
I've checked into Mitsui Gardens a few times. It's a short walk fr the Iriya Gate of UENO JR stn. There's an underground passageway in case it snows that connects hotel to JR, & to the Skyliner station to bring me to Narita in 25mins. Like most Japanese hotels, their rooms are small, but tidy and clean. They now provide WIFI router for easy & quick internet access. No newspapers in the mornings at your door, but you can collect Japan News free fr the lift lobby downstairs. Bkft at hotel's restaurant is purchased separately, but proximity (10mins) to cheap food outlets & eateries is a blessing.
Other trip Feb 8, 2014
Lawrence
"Convenience location"
Nice stay with very near to Ueno Station so we can catch the JR in the very early morning to our destination. The size of the room is ok and there is many restaurants in the area .
1 night trip Feb 1, 2014
Shane
Great place to stay. Lots of good food near the hotel. Definitely visit the market and the beautiful park. Staff were friendly and helpful. Close proximity to ueno station. It is very convenient to take the jr lines or the subway, which is also located next to the hotel.
5 night trip Dec 16, 2013
Ofcupcakes
SG
"incredible location! 100% satisfaction"
This hotel i located incredibly in the middle of bustling Ueno. so close to shopping, train station, bars, restaurants and markets. Small room but clean and fresh. Staff were lovely, thoughtful and spoke English. Felt very safe here and would recommend to all.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
Annie Francis
"Best spot in Ueno!"
Pleasantly surprised - given all of the chatter about high costs for decent accomodation. This hotel is first class all the way - from helpful staff to cleanliness to amenities in the room (superior - not much more than standard). Very modern - ultraclean - five stars in my book. Location is perfect for coming from Narita - literally a five minute walk from Kesei Skyliner Express terminus from Narita. Also easy walking distance to main subway/train station at Ueno. Walking distance to fabulous market area next to stations. Room size was a bit small - but the "queen" bed was actually as wide as a king. Great hotel, great price, great location.
Other trip Nov 6, 2013
Roy
Great location near Ueno station & subway. Loads of restaurants a short walk away. Very quiet with double glazing and also great block out blinds if you want to sleep in after a long flight. Very clean & comfortable, we'll be back!
6 night trip Sep 25, 2013
Jono
"Small room but comfortable"
i have stayed here before and the room was much smaller this time which was noticeable as there were 2 of us. Apart from that everything was great and the good staff and location would encourage me stay to here again
2 night trip Sep 19, 2013