All hotels in East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
21 George Street, East Melbourne, VIC, 3002, Australia, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
"short & sweet visit"
I wanted to see different parts of Melbourne during my visit, and I'm glad I stayed in Fitzroy! The staff at the Georgian were helpful in giving directions to different areas of the neighborhood, which I needed because my map printout from home was vague & incomplete. So I got to see the neighborhood from the Gardens to the shops in the short time I had there, and left on a full stomach.
1 night trip Feb 13, 2015
Patrick
"Close to Rod Laver Arena"
Great staff. Breakfast food provided was ok. About a 10-15 min walk to Rod Laver Arena. I did not like that the bathroom was separate from the room. I had to step out of my room, walk a few steps down the hallway, and unlock another door to use the bathroom. I guess I should have expected that from a Bed & Breakfast.... Other than that, it everything else was OK.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Alex
Hot breakfast was a plus and fresh brewed coffee a plus. Roxanne was most helpful guiding us to places where koalas and kangaroos are in the wild. We saw many. B and B was in a great location in a neighborhood of lovely old buildings. If you require modern, this may not be right for you. It was just right for us.
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
We stayed in a spa room..pretty disappointed with the presentation..such a beautiful old building..you could see the base of the bed,no valance on the base..the room was small but would have been more inviting if the bed linen was pretty and more in keeping with the period of the building.. not an expensive thing to change..you can pick up beautiful doona covers in the op shop! if it felt a bit more luxurious it would have added to the charm of the building..could do with a new paint job..stains on tablecloths not a good look..There was a small hutch in the hallway which was completely bare..some nice fresh flowers in the foyer would have been nice.. there was a small table in the hallway that had a vase with very poor plastic flowerers..loose tile on floor in bathroom..i dont think my husband would have even fitted in the spa??
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
"Nice old fashioned b and b"
Enjoyed my stay. Very good and convenient location
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
"Good Value for MOney"
The Tablecloths in the dinning room had not been changed or washed for at least a week, they were awful.
2 night trip May 29, 2013

"Cheap, good location but not top class"
Very good value for money, esp if going to MCG. Not the most salubrious of establishments but for the price it's good value.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"Dated but location great"
Stayed over for the footy. nice & close to MCG. Hotel a bit dated & could do with some tlc. Carpark very tight. Good value for money.
1 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2015
Nick
"Great Value"
Great value for the money
1 night trip Jun 21, 2015
"Value for Money"
Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Excellent breakfast choices and plentiful. Good value for the money. Situated close to the CBD and transport. Happy to stay again.
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2015
"Enjoyable"
Stayed before. Enjoy breakfast always. Only problem ,as previously noticed, is with the shower in the ensuite. There is black mould in corner on floor needs attention.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"Very convenient location. MCG very close."
Staff helpful, parking available at the rear. Enjoyed the breakfast. Public transport very handy. I would certainly suggest it for a one or two night stay because of the convenient location. Handy to restaurants in Richmond. A very good two night stay for us. Very reasonable tariff for somewhere so close to the City.
Other trip May 20, 2015
Lyne
"dont take the kids"
Budget hotel that needs updating badly. Shower and toilet in a separate room down the hall which was painfull especially with two kids Great location though and breakfast was great, wide selection of hot and cold. Parking can be hard if you have a large car
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
david
"Booked it because of 4 Star rating. Very Wrong!"
Some old Charm. However This disappeared the moment you walked in. Trapped in the 80's. Asian owners, trying to make a buck in hospitality; good on them, but they don't get it. Better suited to Victoria street Richmond, not East Melbourne. A missed opportunity. Toilet/ shower (with cracked sliding door cabinet) separate to your stay (it is down the hall). I was happy about the price when first booked - I can now see why. A great place to lay your head close to the footy- I guess that is what the place is pitching. Breakfast hmm - also 2 star. Fee parking - sure timed 1 hour in the street, or first in first serve at the back with limited spots.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Quality man
"A house conversion done on the cheap."
Position was great for what we needed - but we were travelling as a family and having a Locked bathroom 20m down the hall attributed to our room was very inconvenient. the furnishings were nice enough but there was plaster peeling in our room. I would have loved this place as a travelling single - but then my budget would not have stretched that far...
Other trip May 4, 2015
Em
"More like a budget backpackers then a 4 star hotel"
Staff were the highlight of the stay. Very nice staff who werevvety helpful. Rooms howeverlooked much nicer on website then in reality. Old cold rooms with budget beds. Bathrooms very old, cold, water pressure awful and temperature control non existant..one minute it was boiling and then freezing. We were glad we only stayed the one night And definately felt we paid more then what we should have. Breakfast was really good but i would have forgone breakie for better facilities.
Other trip May 3, 2015
S&P
"East Melbourne Stay"
Not the first time we stayed here, John very helpful and gave good service i.e real milk for our tea. Room service was minimal stayed 6 nights a good clean of the rooms is essential some mould noticed in bath room. We liked having breakfast in the morning but having stayed for this period of time it needs to be rotated more from the stock standard of sausages, baked beans, hash brown, boiled egg and variety of bread to toast. There was a large range of cereal which we concentrated more on towards end of stay. Would stay again, suited our needs for parking (car) and visiting the neighborhood for shopping and business.
7 night romance trip Apr 15, 2015
Trevor
"attending dawn service"
nice hotel close to Shrine so we could attend dawn service
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
jan
"Faded beauty"
Great location but needs a facelift urgently. Very tired pand drab
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
dara
"SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!"
We got to the facility, for which we had prepaid to Expedia, and checked in. When we got to our room on the 2nd floor we were welcomed by a musty smell and a room that was old and tired with wallpaper coming off in spots and in dire need of a paint job and a thorough cleaning. The bathroom was reasonably clean but also in need of an upgrade. We then proceeded downstairs to check out the breakfast facilities which were also old and tired and not all that clean. In spite of having already paid for 4 nights accommodation we decided to walk around the area to see if we could find alternate accommodation. We were able to find a suitable place so returned to pick up our luggage and check out.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Freddie
"Dirty, run down"
Backpackers with a fancy name. Bathroom was dirty and not connected to the room. Hair in bathroom everywhere and on the 'clean towels'. Everything was run down. Staff were abrupt and quite rude
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Close to city"
Accomodation was more like backpackers type accomodation. Bedding was clean but bathroom was a litle grubby and needs to be updated. Breakfast wa s very average
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
liane
"Great facilities but terrible bed."
Really interesting building, outstanding breakfast and excellent parking. The room was average and a bit noisy from the train line. Bed was hard and very uncomfortable. Lovely friendly staff. Easy access to CBD.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
David & Angela
"Central Location"
On the plus side the Hotel was close to the City Centre. My room was nothing like what was advertised or the pictures posted on the site. I had what was stated as a standard single unit it was box room that's the best way to describe it. for a two week stay I found it quite disappointing. There was a bed with 2 bedside units a dresser unit with a kettle and fridge tea, milk and sugar provided and a TV, there was no table or desk. there was a crack on in the wall at one corner of the room. and my room was cleaned once during my stay I did ask for my room to be cleaned on two occasions. My room was located on the ground floor there was no view of anything just a brick wall outside. I did have my own bathroom though and free wifi and breakfast. which is why I booked this hotel. I didn't think I needed to do this but on booking I should have stated that I wanted a room upstairs not on the ground floor I also found one or two members of staff quite frosty on my arrival and the first few days. leaving me to find my room after travelling for over 23 hours. To conclude I think that this B & B is more suited for so short stay weekend or bank holiday stays no Longer. If all you wish to do is sleep here this is the place for you.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Sheryl
"Family trip to Melbourne"
Older style guesthouse. Room comfortable with good beds. Free parking and close to public transport. Within walking distance of the city, MCG and Bridge Road. There is a small sitting room and verandah to read and relax without being confined to the room. Great breakfast.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Ann
"A nice budget beauty"
Not a five star hotel but comfortable, clean, with very helpful staff.Breakfast was good.
6 night trip Mar 23, 2015
karen
"A short stay in East Melbourne"
This was a pleasant place in a lovely part of Melbourne. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The facilities were a bit tired (it would not be all that expensive to replace the intermittently defective kettle), the bed was just so so, and the train noise was a minus. Nonetheless, good value for money.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"Nice hotel very close to train station."
Nice hotel close to train station and also in walking distance to city centre. Nice comfortable room and easy check in and check out. Only downside you can hear other guests but I would still stay again.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Dingo
"Don't bother - Spend the money elsewhere"
Never have I stayed somewhere which cost me $100 a night that was so poor quality! My room hadn't finished being cleaned upon check in. Last guests towels were still in the room! Windows were filthy and sheets stained from god knows when. Toilets was across the hall from my room!! And the room itself was worse than some hostels i've stayed in in eastern europe, yet I paid 4x the price for the night. 10/10 would not recommend.
1 night trip Feb 27, 2015
Adam
"Ok, just."
Location ..excellent. Very old building in need of work. Our bathroom, although private was down the hall which we did not expect. The bedroom was not prepared professionally, basically clean but very roughly prepared. Probably will not stay there again.
1 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
"Ordinary stay near CBD"
We stayed 3 nights at the Georgian Bed and Breakfast hotel. It was ordinary. Good location though. Rooms were old. Service was very ordinary to poor. Breakfast was not good. Parking was a nightmare. Apart from that rooms were clean and it is located in a good location.
2 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Augustine
"Comfy"
We enjoyed our stay . Quiet , walking distance to rod lava , bridge road .car parking . Good for the price
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Judy
"character stay"
character stay with some facilities needing updating. Tv couldn't been seen from bed structural work needed attending to
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
vivian
"Below expectations"
Room was smaller than expected - too cramped for two people plus luggage. Check-in was from 12md but room still not ready at 3pm although staff quickly made it up on arrival. Since we had been in earlier at 12:15, one would have thought the reception would have asked for our room to be finished sooner! Bed was comfortable but size of room and lack of alternate seating (other than bed) was an issue. TV screen is quite small. Free Wifi worked well. Kettle was dodgy and not working properly. Bathroom was recently refurbished but retention of the old cistern and toilet seat detracted from the overall appearance. Towels were small and only two provided for two people. Lots of stairs to climb. Minimal parking spaces made exiting next morning somewhat fraught. Included breakfast was the shining light - lots of choice of cereal, toast and cooked food as a buffet style. Venting of refrigerator cupboard was inadequate resulting in a lot of heat retention around fridge leading to warm bench and increasing warmth in the room - not ideal on a hot day - needed to use aircon to remove stuffiness of room.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Anne
"Nice place, in a lovely street in CBD Mel,"
The Hotel, needs a lot of TLC, our room was dirty and the walls and tiles on the bathroom floor were broken, Breakfast should have been displayed a lot better coffee was poor and cold,,,,toaster did not work well and food was not aboundant.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"disgusting"
extremely upsetting. hotel NOT as described. dirty, no 'private' corridor to bathrooms, expectation that 'private bathroom' would be shared, staff sullen, breakfast cool and repetitive. informed 'star' rating reduced to 2. will be contacting Melbourne tourist dept. re poor state of repair and hygiene standards. photographs taken.
3 night trip with friends Jan 15, 2015
margaret
"Great location, close to the tennis and the mcg"
Short walk to the tennis, even shorter to the G. Perfect location, quiet area, nice room, no complaints.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
JB
"Close to the major sporting facilities."
Clean tidy room, nothing flash but comfortable. Breakfast was included
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Val
"Quaint"
Great location, good breakfast. Handy having parking area. Room had musty smell. Cracks in walls and tiles. Would stay again.
5 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
"Most convinient for going to MCG"
The location is great. However bed was very uncomfortable and the place very noisy being close to train tracks. Corridors were very small. The staff was polite and helpful.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
Madhavi
"Melbourne 2015-2015"
We stayed here one night mainly to be close to the new year's eve fireworks in Melbourne. And it was very convenient. The accommodation was basic but suited us.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Kenneth
"Quiet stay"
Old style hotel (B & B)with small rooms. Thin walls so others can be heard. A terrific location in a very quiet area of East Melbourne. No noisy trams passing by. Easy 10-12 minute walk to the MCG. Hotel offered a continental breakfast in the dining room, however, they exceeded expectations with additional cooked items as well. Free vehicle parking is available, however, must be booked.
3 night trip Dec 26, 2014
Ian
"Good Stay"
Nice people great location value for money will stay there again.
1 night family trip Dec 10, 2014
NEIL
"5 pleasant nights stay"
Location in East Perth handy to walk or transport to city. Set amongst houses and quiet street. Room comfortable and bathroom excellent. Cleanliness of breakfast room could be much better. E.G. dead flowers in vase for whole of our 5 night stay and chairs stained. Breakfast good. Staff friendly and helpful.
5 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
Margaret
"Cheap with breakfast and parking"
Its cheap no frills stay. Rooms are ok, but not very flashy. Old paint and carpets (bit dirty). Beds and bathroom were clean. Free breakfast and parking provide a huge incentive. Spa room at the end has noise from train line not too far away, other than spa it is exactly same as double. If not using spa, dont recommend it, because of noise. Tram and train station quite close (5 min walk), else its about 25 min walk to city and maybe 10 to mcg.
3 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
just an overnight stay
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
Gillian
"Very convenient location to all CBD attractions"
We enjoyed our stay - the breakfast is excellent. the walk into the city across the aprk was great. Quiet location in a leafy street
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
"Good basic accomodation near the MCG and city"
Arrived parked the car and didn't have to move it until we were leaving. Family room was clean and comfortable as was the bathroom next door. Could do with a general sprucing up and they could offer a variety of eggs for breakfast but a good base for watching the footy and close to restaurants etc. Would stay again.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Margaret
Staff were very helpful. Location was fantastic. Accommodation was dated and in need of some TLC
2 night trip with friends Sep 17, 2014
"great location."
The location is great as it is only a walk away from the cbd, the free tram city circuit and the rob laver arena. The all you can eat breakfast is great as well.The staff are friendly and helpful and answer all your questions.
3 night family trip Sep 16, 2014