All hotels in Arnold, California, United States of America
2011 Highway 4, Arnold, CA, 95223, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"This is really a motel with only basic services."
This older motel was very clean and the clerk was very pleasant. However, for travelers expecting anything other than very, very basic basics, they may want to check elsewhere. I have no idea where the photo shown was taken, but the motel is built in an L-shape with an asphalt parking lot in front.
Other trip Nov 23, 2013
"Probably Par for the Area"
Room was mostly clean. Looked like the carpet had not been vacuumed. There was no phone service for my carrier and you could not make collect calls. You needed a phone card which they should sell at the front desk if that is the case. There was no WI-FI. There was no way to let people know you arrived safely. I could have gone someplace I guess but who wants to chase down a phone to use? Also, I was in an outside room which was on the street. Didn't make me feel real safe. Good thing I brought a door stop.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2013
"Nice, no-frills place to stay."
This was our first trip to Arnold, CA; we were visiting for a wedding. This lodge was centrally located with a nice brewery/restaurant across the street. There is a market just down the road. I prefer a real coffee maker to the single cup brew machine provided. They provided 1 reg and 1 decaf 'cup', so switch out the decaf at the front desk if you want to enjoy two cups of reg coffee in the morning. There is a charge for extra cups.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Michele
"Clean- easy to get to"
Just stayed one night for a business trip. Nothing fancy but clean. Classic park in front of our room style of property which works for unloading our equipment quite well
1 night business trip May 7, 2013
"A Nice Stay"
Overall it was nice. The place was clean, rooms were updated but a little close to Hwy 4. The Brewery across the street was a great place for dinner so check that out. The queen bed was more like a full bed but for the price it was fine.
1 night trip Feb 11, 2013
Aondrea
water from under the toilet was leaking on the floor, no facial tissue in the room, cleaner removed the bathroom floor towel but forgot to put back a fresh one, only single chair in the room with queen bed
2 night trip Feb 16, 2013
"Good Ski Stop"
Although we had to wait until almost 4:00 to check in when check-in was at 3:00, the room was clean and had a refrigerator and microwave, and free wi-fi. The hotel was very quiet. We came to Arnold to stay so we could ski early in the morning at Bear Valley. Good location.
Other trip Jan 29, 2013
"good place to for skin."
Clean, quite, and convenient. Only drawback is that you need to drive for eating.
1 night trip Jan 15, 2013
Walt
"Nice location"
We booked this hotel not hoping for much as there are not any chain hotel in Arnold. The lodge did not look like much. The office was very small but the front desk staff was friendly. I was a little liary about going into the room but to my surprise the room was very clean, including the carpet and the bathroom. It had all the basics. It was a little tight as the bed was too close to the bathroom but overall pleased with service and accommodation.The staff were all nice and professional. The surrounding had restaurants and grocery store. We had a good time skiing in Bear Valley.
2 night trip Dec 28, 2012
Trying2ski
"Great Little Motel Half Way Up to Ski Resort"
We made the booking for the hotel just a day before our trip through Expedia. When we got there the hotel manager apparently did not have a record of our booking. He realized later that somehow he had missed the info. It turned out that we had booked a room with two queen beds but when we got there they had all been taken. The person in charge did his best to find us a room with a single queen and he got us a roll-in bed that we somehow managed with. Apart from this experience, we found that this hotel is well maintained and the staff is very responsive.
Other trip Dec 28, 2012
Visitor
"Saturday Stay"
Nice interior! Exterior is ;ike a typical motel cramped together around a small parking lot. But interior was real nice with a comfortable bed and small bathroom that is not too small. TV a bit of a let down but had a good night there
1 night trip Oct 13, 2012
Kokopelli
This is a very basic motel. Clean and well appointed room but few added amenities (only one small bar of soap for both hands and shower). Good spot to spend a night or two when in the area. Location is convenient at south end of town. Restaurants and market close by.
2 night trip Oct 7, 2012
"Family Retreat"
I requesed a wake up call for 6:00 am and never received one. When I went to turn in the key at 8:30 am no one was available. One the person did come out it appeared to me that I had woke them up.
Other trip Oct 2, 2012
"very good basic hotel"
Room was clean and comfy. TV too small and Dish-TV did not have any sports channels. Hotel right off Hwy 4 and traffic can be a bit loud. No air conditioning.
Other trip Sep 13, 2012
"quiet and convenient and clean."
Stopped for one night, only complaint was too tight quarters with 2 beds and 18 inches from bed to bathroom door. Who thought to put 2 full beds in there was out of their mind.
Other trip Sep 11, 2012
jann
the room was to "HOT" no air. The room was fine but I was up all night because the room did not have air only a fan and a heater.
Other trip Aug 21, 2012
Other trip Sep 29, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Meadowmont Lodge

"Just okay"
07/13/15 LLynnLM
Very friendly staff, very large room and bathroom. A little noisy on the highway. The price was a little high for what we got. It was nice to be able to walk to the Snowshoe Brewery, market and coffee shop. We stayed 3 days and our room was never cleaned nor bed made while we were there. We had to ask for fresh towels and coffee. Puzzling because it was primarily empty.
"Great, price-friendly motel"
06/29/15 Ashley N Indianola, Iowa
My husband and I stayed here last week while visiting Big Trees Resort. It was a great place to stay! Arnold is an adorable little mountain town. The motel had clean rooms, comfortable beds, and is right in the "downtown" of Arnold with lots of cute restaurants and shops. It actually happens to be right across the street from Snowshoe Brewery. Check-in and out was smooth and workers were friendly. I would recommend as a great place to stay for a great price!
"Our Weekend in Arnold"
06/08/15 KeoniSanJose_CA San Jose, CA
We came to Arnold to attend a wedding and the wedding coordinator recommended Meadowmont Lodge to us. Meadowmont Lodge is a "road side" Motel. In fact our room fronted the road/highway so don't expect the ambiance of a mountain retreat. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The only mechanical issue we encountered was that the electrical outlets need to be replaced as any plug you put into the receptacle wants to fall out. This is really not unusual in motels as maids tend to yank the vacuum cleaner plugs out by the cords. Desk staff was very friendly.
"Nicely Renovated, Friendly Staff"
05/02/15 22katied
This was our first visit to the area and Meadowmont Lodge proved to be a good choice for our stay. The rates were very reasonable, the rooms have been recently renovated and are clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and we love that they're dog friendly!
"trip to arnold"
04/26/15 124jane San Francisco, California
We love staying at the Meadowmont lodge. Very clean and dog friendly. Looks like rooms have been updated. We stay there three or four times a year. Great place! The weather was fantastic. The lodge is close to restaurants and places to shop. And the price is right!
"Beautifully Renovated Motel"
03/17/15 Dennis S Boise, Idaho, United States
There are not a lot of lodging choices in Arnold--however this one is a great choice even if there many. Meadowmont is an old school motel right out of the 50's or 60's. However, it has been beautifully renovated and is very comfortable and cozy. There are Adirondack chairs outside each room although these face the parking lot. A better choice is either of the 2 tables and seating at the front or rear of the property. The rear spot has an upscale gas grill--go to the nearby Big Trees Market for a choice ribeye steak and fresh corn on the cob plus a bottle of a local wine and dine looking at the forest. Hint--room #10 has the window facing the trees rather than the parking lot.
"A Roadside Gem"
03/16/15 danielle s Redwood City, California
This little roadside motor lodge across from the Snowshoe Brewery in Arnold is our new favorite place to stay in the mountains. The staff is lovely. The rooms are small but very, very clean and they are dog friendly. My family and I have stayed several times this winter while skiing at Bear Valley. The white towels are large and fluffy; the bathrooms are well appointed with nice products. The TV's are all modern flat screens and the beds are luxuriously comfortable. For a roadside motor lodge, this place is top notch. It's the little things that make this special. They also have little adjacent rooms for kids for a nominal fee. We love the Meadowmont Lodge!
"Excellent Budget Hotel"
02/23/15 Anna S Orinda, California
We've stayed three times when in Arnold to ski at Bear Valley. Rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. A.J. at the front desk is very helpful and friendly. They have free Wi-Fi and Dish TV. The beds are comfortable, and the bath rooms are relatively large, new and well maintained. We could not be happier with Meadowmont as a reasonably priced alternative to renting cabins in the Arnold area. We will be back.
"You get what you pay for..."
02/19/15 Andrew F Concord, California
Pros: Clean, in reasonably good condition, and located right across the street from amenities such as the Big Trees Market and the Snowshoe Brewing Company. Cons: Rooms are rather small, walls are thin (the first night I stayed here there was a really loud, obnoxious family with a barking dog in the room next door to mine and I could hear everything they said and did, called the front desk to complain but it didn't help much), only windows face the parking lot and do not take in the majesty of Arnold's landscape. I came here looking for a cheap alternative to staying in a cabin. For the price I paid I'd say I'm satisfied, but I'm not sure if I'd stay here again.
"our new place"
02/18/15 lmarietaylor Vacaville, California
This is the third time we've stayed here, for 3 nights this time. The room was very quiet despite being next to a road. The bed was SUPER comfortable which caused us to sleep in every morning. TV sucks because they have DISH but the tv's are all new large flatscreen. They have Keurig coffee makers in every room. The bathrooms are spotless and all recently redone from top to bottom with very good water pressure for showers. The outside grounds are spotless and they provide adirondack chairs outside of many rooms to lounge. They are also across the street from Snowshoe Brewhouse and restaurant. Granted this hotel is an older single story hotel, but it is so well taken care of with high quality everything. And they take pets.