All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
8905 Sw 30th Ave, Portland, OR, 97219, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nothing but air"
Staying at the Aladdin was exactly that… Nothing but air. The room has absolutely no amenities and no character but it was clean and sufficed for the evening. Staying for more than one night proved to be something that wasn't enjoyable. Going back to a room that was small, had multicolored light bulbs and was up several stairs was something that we actually tried to avoid. Top it all off with a premium price and I wouldn't even think to stay there again.
3 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Basic hotel"
Usually we stay in downtown Portland. This location was not as convenient for us and there were not as many restaurant choices. Room was very clean, hotel was quiet except for the a/c fan that blows cold and loud. Parking was free and ample. Price was very reasonable.
3 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Bonnie
"nice hotel close to Hwy-5"
nice and clean hotel close to Hwy-5 but no hair dryer in the room. I requested it front desk.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Billy
It would of been even better if we had a ice box, a coffee pot in are room. But for a place to see it was fine. I did like that it was a NO smoking room and that it was a handcap room. But the curb in front of our room was to hi and hard to get up. But for thevmost part the room did what we need.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Ray
"Avoid this place"
This was an awful place. The room had a foul odor. The door to the room had one lock that struggled to close and open. The furnishings were from the 70's. It was the only room available on any search engine in Portland or I would have left immediately. I wish I had driven to Salem rather than spend the night here
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"Just ok"
The check in and check out process were fast. My complain is just on breakfast menu. No choice at all, other muffins and breads.
Response by Aladdin Inn & Suites
Maria, thank you for your comments. We apologize that you found our humble breakfast menu to be a little too bland. Our breakfast menu includes apples, bananas, four types of muffin, 3 types of bread, a variety of oatmeal choices, jams, peanut butter, and of course, coffee, orange juice and tea. Breakfast is always complimentary here at the Aladdin, and we will talk about what else we could do to spice things up a bit. Again, thank you for reviewing. Best, Aladdin Inn and Suites
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Maria
"Close to downtown Portland"
The Aladdin Inn and Suites is really just a city motel. The location was close to downtown Portland and fast food places. There is also a pretty nice Safeway a few blocks away. The hotel does not have elevators and the rooms are directly facing a very busy street so it's noisy. The staff is VERY NICE (especially Steve) and very accommodating. The breakfast consisted of muffins, fruit, packaged oatmeal, orange juice and coffee. This is an ok place to stay for a few nights or if you are a business traveler, the beds or clean and the room has a refrigerator and microwave.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Kali Girl
Only 10 minutes from downtown, I was pleased that they had signs on I5 to let customers know which exit to take! It is an older place, so it wouldn't be fair to compare it to the Marriot or Best Western, but for the price it's a clean place to sleep. The walls are thin, so you can hear guests above and next door; the bathroom needs a place to hold soap/shampoo, and there are only two table lamps (a floor lamp is needed). Staff is polite; the breakfast is mostly breads & muffins, so I skipped it, but I would stay here again.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Better than most for the price"
Good times, not too much to complain about. I would use it again over most hotels.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Great, close to at least three grocery stores, starbucks and chevron right next door.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Wonderful Service!"
The desk staff was so friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. The location was very near stores and restaurants, yet a little far from the area we were frequenting in Portland. However, it is on a main road and super easy to get around. For the money, this was a great little find and we would return.
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
"Good place to stay"
The staff were very helpful, the room clean and comfortable, the breakfast good & the price affordable. Would recommend this
2 night trip Jun 19, 2014
Michael & Caroline
"Did the trick, but wow, thin walls!!!!"
The only negative I had was that at 1am a group of 4 next door stayed up watching and laughing moderately loud next door. I could hear the TV show they were watching, which didn't seem that loud, and their laughter was fine in most circumstances, but I figured out, the walls are way too thin than they should be. I can't say this will happen again if I were to stay there, but the hotel builders cut out some serious expense by not sound proofing the rooms during construction. If it weren't for that, I'd give this place as high of a review as possible. The staff was kind, quick to help, check-in/out, etc. clean rooms, etc. Just be leery of what's most important to some... a good night sleep. Should there be a small gathering of happy people next door, good luck sleeping. I don't want to discourage a good time ever., but the place was built out of paper.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"Location"
Too far away from where I wanted to stay, very inconvenient to get to Beaverton and the neighborhood nothing there. It wasclean
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2014
"old but comfortable"
The place was old but fairly well kept. Beds were comfortable and room was quiet. Staff was freindly.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
"Pleasant stay, would stay again if needed"
Pretty basic but it was a nice place. Good value if you can get a good deal online on Kayak or something. The desk rate is too high for the quality.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"The most for your money"
Great service, good-quality breakfast, and comfortable rooms.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Nice motel, just 15 mins from downtown"
I stayed here after all downtown hotels were way out of my price range- for what I paid, I was very happy with my stay! Rooms were clean, motel has recently been updated and the staff were lovely! Only disappointment was some of the cable TV channels were a little bit fuzzy. The 12 bus stop is just outside the motel and takes you straight downtown within 10-15 mins, which was really convenient! All in all, a great budget accommodation option.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Katie
"Great, Modern and Clean"
It was a very nice experience. The room was very clean. Modern amenities. Felt very comfortable. The desk guy was super helpful at figuring out cool things to do during my stay in Portland. I'd live here.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Monica
"Clean place to sleep for the night"
I stayed in a queen room with my almost 2 year old for a night. I had to bring my own crib because they didn't have any, but otherwise, it was a clean room and I was pleased that the room included a refrigerator and microwave. Aside from that, the amenities that the room included were just the basics: a couple bars of soap and shampoo. There was a note saying that you could ask the front desk for other stuff, but I didn't ask for anything. Bed was very firm (which I like, but I know it would be too stiff for some). My room faced a residential street in the back, so it was fairly private which was good. Continental breakfast selection was pretty limited: muffins, toast, English muffins, and packs of instant oatmeal, with bananas or apples. Beverages were just orange juice or coffee (would like to have had milk for my toddler or for oatmeal). Overall, it was what you'd expect of a clean/decent motel/motor inn, but it felt quite a bit more expensive than your standard Travelodge or motel 6. Perhaps it was a bit more because of events that weekend, but I was expecting a bit more at that price point, e.g. crib availability, lotion, or more breakfast selection.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
I was pretty happy with our stay! The service was excellent, the room was very clean and the location was convenient and felt safe. The only down side was the bed was broken and had a dip in it, and the TV buzzed and didn't have any good channels. I would stay again if the bed was more comfortable.
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
The room was not maintained well. It was old and pretty dirty. The bed and sheets were clean though. The TV was from the 80's. I had to switch rooms because the first room I went into the TV didn't even have a clear picture. It was colorful snow, like the olden days without the bunny ears. The next room had a more clear picture, however it was still a 1980's TV. It seems as though they put their money into marketing and not into upgrading or maintaining their property. Breakfast was a joke too.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Good price, good room"
Clean, comfortable, not far from downtown. Free breakfast, although it was a little weak. I'd stay again
1 night trip with friends May 29, 2014
"Pleasantly Surprised"
Far and away the best hotel for the price, in fact, probably better than most pricier places. The staff was incredibly friendly and the room couldn't have been cleaner. We were very happy!
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Theo
"Fully functional"
Hotel is clean and well maintained, and looks stylish from the outside. Rooms are basic, but comfortable, clean and not too small. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Good basic lodging for the price.
2 night trip Jun 16, 2014
"Great Deal for the Price"
The hotel is on the older side, but was renovated a few years ago. It is basic, but it was clean, comfortable, and safe. The desk staff was always super friendly. We were really pleased with the hotel for the price we paid.
2 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2014
caityofthekeps
Very pleased w/size of the room. Had to ask for extra towels.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
m.a.
"Just good"
My 5 night stay was just good. The reviews made it sound like a diamond in the rough. The front desk service was fab! The housekeeping was just ok. They just walk in at 11am, no knock. Outside is not too outdated. But the rooms are just ok. Tried to watch World Cup on the old tube tele; couldn't see the time/score. Bathroom was clean. Full kitchen provided few pans & utensils. Appliances work but lean forward. Hard to cook eggs in the bent pan. Breakfast is just ok. Costco muffins, toast and juice. Overall, I would stay here again, but not my first choice.
5 night trip Jun 13, 2014
RockyA
"Bad Beds"
The staff is friendly and helpful enough, but it's clear that this is a budget hotel, no roll away beds (the rooms are too small to fit them). very few amenities, the breakfast is spartan. The bathrooms need work. The beds are not good, but the pillows are decent. I would only recommend this hotel to the budget minded friend.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Frankie
"Good stay."
No complaints. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2014
"Basic, clean, nothing fancy"
This motel was very basic. It was clean, the beds were pretty warped though and the pillows unbelievably flat. I was disappointed too that the "cable" advertised was in reality under 20 channels that made a horrible background noise while watching. The wifi connection wasn't good either. All in all for the price it did the job. Glad it was at least clean. Breakfast consisted of muffins and toast with apples and bananas and orange Juice. Packet oatmeal was available too.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
sassyfrassy
"It is good at this price"
Good
Response by Aladdin Inn & Suites
Dear Traveler, We are happy to hear you had a good stay at a good price. We hope to see you again. Best, Aladdin Inn
2 night trip May 30, 2014
"Decent room near downtown Portland"
Stayed here on a short trip to Portland, and it turned out to be a very adequate and cheap room. Some paper trash left under the bed prevents cleanliness points. Beds were on the firm side which was my personal preference but was not to the liking of the other campers. Nice enough staff and nice enough area.
Other trip May 30, 2014
"close to center"
The service was excellent. the clerk spent a lot of time helping find good urban hikes and his advice was excellent. Helped us enjoy our visit to Portland. the TVs were old.
Response by Aladdin Inn & Suites
We are so glad you had such a marvelous trip to Portland--the unofficial city of hike-and-bike! It is wonderful to hear that our knowledgeable and friendly staff was there for you. We do apologize for the old TV, but half of our rooms have flat screens which we are more than willing to make available at the request of any guest. Thank you again for this lovely review, and we hope you choose us for your next adventure. Best, Aladdin Inn
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Great deal, clean"
This ws our second stay. Very cleanand very pleasant and gelpful staff.rooms are very different so ask for one with a lot of light s some have just small window.
Response by Aladdin Inn & Suites
Nora, thank you for this insightful review. This is a great tip! We are a little boutique inn, with a variety of room types, so asking about what we have available is always a great idea. Thank you for the great review and great advice. Best, Aladdin
4 night business trip May 9, 2014
Nora
"Oh my aching back!!!"
I can't speak for the rest of the hotel but our room had the hardest, most uncomfortable mattress I've ever tried to sleep on. I say tried because I barely got any sleep from tossing and turning all night and waking up with an epic backache. That issue alone will probably keep me from returning here. This is a shame because besides the bed and the lousy Wi-fi the hotel is very nice. It's in a quiet area with easy access to I-5, it has very clean grounds with plenty of parking. Desk staff were courteous, room was spotless.
Response by Aladdin Inn & Suites
Brian, thanks for commenting on our hotel! We are sorry that your back pain prevented you from having a superb stay here, it seems like the rest of your experience was quite wonderful. We pride ourselves on customer service, our location, and our cleanliness, but as for the bed and WIFI we do apologize. If you look at some of our more recent comments to others, you'll see that that the WIFI situation is being taken care of. Thanks again for commenting Your friends at the Aladdin
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"cheap hotel for a college visit."
minimalist amenities in the room, thin walls, I could hear small dog next door. Water pressure was poor. Room is clean. Beds were OK in regards to comfort.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
"6-day winter stay 2013"
Personnel: very nice, responsive. A+ Location: very convenient Hotel: Lobby: efficient, clean, adequate a.m. snacks Hallways: smelled old & dirty (walls & carpet) Room: much better, very clean, fridge & micro provided upon request Heat: noisy but adequate Bed: OK, linens clean & extra pillows provided upon request Bath: Clean, brightly lit. Clean towels that did not smell like bleach or fabric softener. A+ Hot water: took 20-30 minutes to get hot. Mgmt should warn people about this on top floor rooms. Water (pipes) also very noisy from adjacent rooms. Wifi: worked, sometimes took a while to get started TV: fine, but you have to get a special code to use remote View: to the south, for me very depressing esp in winter dark and wet weather. If you don't look out the windows, no problem. Noise level: seemed very quiet, tho I was aware of folks next door when they were there. Rates: certainly reasonable -- the reason for staying there. If I stay there again I might try a lower room on the north side.
Response by Aladdin Inn & Suites
Oh yes, what a lovely breakdown you have made! Thank you for attempting to cover all of the bases in this review, it is very helpful for our staff to know exactly what they can do to provide a better stay for our guests. A few of the problems you list, are out of the ordinary, and our maintenance has taken care of them in the meantime. Next time, ask for a north side room on the top floor and you will have a beautiful view of the Southwest hills of Portland! Thanks for you comments! Best, Aladdin Inn
6 night trip Dec 25, 2013
lindesign
"Close to Downtown, good price"
WE only stayed one night for the purpose of having someplace closer to Downtown Portland to stay after a late night hanging out with friends. The staff were nice enough to let us check-in as a "late arrival." The room was very basic with a mini fridge and microwave. No view but in the end it was chosen for it's location and price: not for its views and frills. They DID NOT provide at complimentary toiletries which are expected, and advertised. Very lame. The water coming out of the shower head was also very hard so I ended up having the worst hair=day ever the next morning. But other than all that it was an OK hotel and we'd probably go back. : )
Response by Aladdin Inn & Suites
Thank you for the detailed review, Laura! Well, we are glad you took advantage of the location and price, but there is more to our hotel than it appears. We actually do carry a wide variety of toiletries, from soaps and shampoo to razors and toothbrushes, but they are all at the front desk. In an attempt to conserve resources, we chose to only provide these by request. The same goes for ironing boards and coat racks, so please feel free to give the front desk a call on your next visit. Best, The Aladdin
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
"Aladdin Inn"
I have a yearly event very near the motel. I've stayed here three times. It's not the fanciest place, but it's clean, and quite. It's a great value for the dollar and I'd happily recommend it. Only slight negative is that the FREE Wi-Fi is a little spotty, but it's FREE, so you really can't complain!
Response by Aladdin Inn & Suites
Not only is it FREE, but it's about to be upgraded to 50mb/sec!
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
Kip7
"Nice little secret in a great older neighborhood!"
Shhhhhhh! Don't tell everyone about this quaint older, but clean & updated motel!
Response by Aladdin Inn & Suites
Lisa, thank you for reviewing! We are quaint and old, but we do have that Portland spark! Thanks again, The Aladdin
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
"Comfortable Stay"
Quiet and comfortable
Response by Aladdin Inn & Suites
Quiet is our best friend, and Comfort is our middle name!
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"Pleasantly Surprised"
Needed a place convenient to OHSU for a week while my husband had surgery and this place fit the bill. Rooms are clean, spacious and bright with a small fridge and microwave. Bed was comfortable. 5 min drive from Fred Meyers and Starbucks. Very pleasant indeed. Will book again for our follow-ups.
Response by Aladdin Inn & Suites
Fantastic, just marvelous review! Thank you jannyk, we hope you swing over from the Oregon coast and visit us again. -Your friends at the Aladdin
8 night trip Sep 16, 2013
jannyk
A great overnight stay for the price and a quick drive to downtown as it's right on the highway. Didn't notice much traffic noise and the rooms were clean, beds pretty comfy. Only qualms was that the TV made a loud buzzing noise when on and there were no fridge or microwave, but I didn't really expect any for such a low price. Free parking was a HUGE plus. Recommended or short stays!
Response by Aladdin Inn & Suites
Five stars, you have us blushing! Thanks for such a lovely review. Next time just ask, and we can make sure you are in a room with all the updated amenities, including a fridge and microwave. Although we pride ourselves on affordability, we want our guests to have all the comforts of home. Free parking is one of our greatest strengths, seeing how most downtown hotels charge upwards of $25 a night for parking. Thank you again for the review! -Sincerely, Folks at the Aladdin Inn
1 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2013
"A nice surprise in Portland"
I booked this room primarily because it was close to my son's college. Although the motel is older, the room I stayed in looked like it had been updated within the last few years. It was not fancy, but the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel staff was friendly and efficient. The continental breakfast was excellent. Coffee fresh, hot and very good. Muffins that tasted like they came from a bakery instead of a grocery store package. Parking was easy (and free) in the lot adjacent to the motel. And the motel was five minutes from the school.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
Patrick
"No clock!"
The hotel is conveniently located for Portland and the surrounding sites. I visited for my niece's wedding, and was able to do everything I needed to do without having to drive more than 20 minutes from the hotel. That also included a trip to the minor league park for some baseball. The drawback to the great price and clean room: No clock! And that meant no alarm. When I asked for a wake up call, it didn't happen. Luckily I set my alarm on my cell phone and I was able to wake up on time to checkout and get to the airport and make my flight. Everything was great except that one detail, which I'm sure won't be a big deal as long as you can bring your own alarm clock. Staff, hotel room, convenience, cleanliness - all get an A rating.
Response by Aladdin Inn & Suites
Oh no! Great review, but as my father always said, "Take care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves!" We are sorry for this little hiccup, and want to let you know that we do have alarm clocks in all of our rooms and extras located at the front desk. Thanks for the A rating though, and we will make it an A+ next time! Best, Your friendly Aladdin Team
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"Decent for the price"
Hotel was clean and staff was very friendly but hotel is older and could use an update. Neighborhood is a little sketchy at night but not too bad. Room had a very odd smell and bathroom door wouldn't shut all the way. Overall it was what we expected for the price. Wouldn't want to stay here for a vacation destination by any means but it worked well for a single nights stay.
Response by Aladdin Inn & Suites
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, Shane! We underwent an exterior remodel in 2010 and are currently in the process of updating half of our rooms with new appliances and amenities. These deluxe rooms will soon be available for customers who are looking for a more contemporary aesthetic. As for the smell and bathroom door problem, we encourage all guests to register such complaints with the front desk so that we may either move you rooms or find the best solution to your problem. Thanks again for reviewing, and we hope to see you again. Safe travels, Aladdin Inn
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2013
Shane
"Nothing special"
Property is a motel. Pretty typical for a motel. Bathroom and beds clean. Fridge and micro in room. Carpet stained. Office staff nice. No creamer for coffee other than powered.
Response by Aladdin Inn & Suites
Thank you for the honest review, Shannon! We are sorry you didn't have a special stay here at the Aladdin. We prefer to refer to ourselves as an inn rather than a motel because of our close-knit staff and the personal experience we try to give every guest. Located on a small property near downtown Portland and run by a single family for two generations now, we hope to provide the vibe that Portland is still little town on the Wilmette but with big things to do. We encourage guests to stop by the front desk for concierge services and to get those extra amenities that create the perfect stay. Thank you again for the review, Aladdin Inn
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
Shannon
The motel was clean ,basic and adequate. The office staff members were very friendly and accommodating. Almost all rooms have stairs if that's a concern for anyone. Internet was very slow.
Response by Aladdin Inn & Suites
Jim, thanks for the review! So we are happy to hear that you found our inn friendly and clean, but we are even happier to announce that we have switched internet providers. Now throughout the hotel you will find lightning fast internet, included in the price of your hotel room. Also, we are more than willing to provide any guest with a ground floor room if the need, and we even have eight rooms that are American's with Disabilities Act approved. Thank you again for the review! Best, Aladdin Inn
5 night business trip Jul 31, 2013
breakfast was so-so. no shampoo or conditioner in room.(had to ask for it) no coffee maker in room, and mini fridge was noisy.
Response by Aladdin Inn & Suites
Thank you for this straightforward review, M. Taylor. In an attempt to save resources and prevent waste, we have decided to keep the toiletries at the front desk, but are more than happy to provide any of them on request. Also, we will soon be adding coffee makers to all of our rooms, although we have always offered free coffee 24-hours a day in our lobby. We apologize for the mini-fridge and will have our maintenance staff try to locate the problem. Thank you again for reviewing. Best, Aladdin Inn
2 night trip Aug 3, 2013