All hotels in Tavernier, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here91865 Overseas Hwy, Tavernier, FL, 33070, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.3
    2.8
    2.6
"I didn't want to be there."
I didn't want to be there. But they wouldn't give my money back! It's old. It's tired. The grounds are just a parking lot. The air conditioning is really noisy. The beds are old and uncomfortable. And there are no staff. If you have any complaints, call the 1 800 number but don't expect any help. And, by the way, the WiFi doesn't work. But, did you really expect it to?
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Rhonda
"Would definitely stay here again"
I have been all over the world, but this is the first time staying in a hotel that is basically self service. There is no reception, bellhop, elevator and if want your room serviced, you need to pay extra. When we got there, saw a large sign exhorting guests to pick up the phone. The lady who answered gave us a code to open a lockbox that contained one copy of our room key. The room however was nice and comfortable. This is an old hotel, but it's been renovated some. I love the cute and happy turquoise color quilt with matching shams. Although there is a Cafe Moka next door, we found sustenance at the Cafe Cubano. Great food and ambiance.
2 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
Octavia
"Super cute"
This was last minute weekend getaway. I live in south Florida and was invited to the Moonfest in Islamirada. This was the nearest afortable hotel. Only 10 min away. Rooms were clean and cozy. Bed was very comfy. My husband and I loved our stay. Will definitely make this place our weekend getaway hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
Lourdes
"Last Minute"
Stayed here last minute on our away to key west, reception was a little hard to work out, it's done by phone and key pad. The room itself was okay bed comfy and clean. it is what it is for a last minute affordable night.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Ruth
"Bare-bones lodging"
The check-in process needs work. The voice on the phone said to call back in 30 minutes, that the room was not ready. In 30 minutes, my call resulted in 40 minutes of advertising. Finally, my husband found a staff member visiting with a friend in the parking lot; she let us in. If we had known that there would be no ice, no telephone, no replacement towels and a tiny bathroom, we would have known what to expect. Our king-size bed took up most of the room. In our room, "historic" did not equal charm. The good points were the decent shower, the fairly comfortable bed, and the coffe shop next door. I guess long-term guests learn to use the laundry and the kitchen facilities on the first floor. Advice: please make clear that the Tavernier Inn provides a bare-bones lodging experience. Bring your own ice and towels!
Got there and it took forever for someone to answer the phone, which is the way you check in at this place. When we got up to the room it was like a sauna, because the porable A/C unit was venting HOT air in the room. Went out for the evening and when we got back there wasn't any parking to be found. Could not stay the night. It was a very bad experience.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Tried and tested."
Was there for 2.5 days. It' a simple place, don't expect anything extravagant. It is plain and vanilla and meets my needs. I've been there before and so didn't expect much more. The cafe right next door is an excellent spot for coffee. The Cuban cafe next to that is an excellent place for Cuban fare. There's a park that overlooks the sea within walking distance and a small plaza with a McDonald's, Winn-Dixie, a pub, and a movie theater within a 5 minute drive.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
"nothing fancy, but great value for the price"
We, as a young couple, stayed here for a wedding. It was exactly what we needed. Cute cafe next door and our room was quaint and comfortable. Definitely would stay here again!
3 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Economical stay"
A no frills place to stay. Excellent price. Nothing fancy but clean. Great pictures of the keys in earlier times.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
marcia
"Traverier"
Good value, bed just a mite hard. Good quality. Limited space for the owners to work with but quite comfy. I would recommend this hotel to friends and possibly return myself.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Nice place."
Inn was nice, only draw back but understandable old building, water pressure low.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
terry
"Could be worse"
As mention by everyone you communicate only by a Phone located at the entrance. No one fix the bed no towels change ever. Wi-Fi did not work initially the room even though the windows AC unit worked felt always humid and we could not dry anything. Since we paid $59 a night I did not expect much more. The place needs quite a bit of TLC
4 night family trip Sep 17, 2014
"historic just as title states"
I like the homey feel the place gives you when you drive up. Staff was knowledgeable on road that takes you to key west. I liked the common area with a grill and seating area too.
2 night trip Sep 15, 2014
richard g
"worst hotel I have ever stayed in"
room was awful, I would not recommend at all
2 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
ajw
"Historic!!"
So glad this hotel has been saved! I wish this current owner would take a bit more care of this historic landmark, however, even if it means a bit more cost per stay. Great restaurants within walking distance is a big bonus. I love the simple rooms, no need for outlandish accommodations when there is so much to do in the Keys. Our A/C did go kerplunk during our stay, but the staff switched us to another room within 10 minutes! We always stay here- hoping the management takes a bit more active role in maintenance, as we noticed small things needing attention. Otherwise, fun for those on a fun paddleboard/snorkel/dive/shopping adventure!!!
3 night family trip Aug 21, 2014
"Bad place to stay"
There was no water most of the time No staff. no front desk no services of any kind
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Ed
"convenient location"
Room was ok, A/C was really good. Bathroom door was broken.
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2014
"Good place to stay inexpensive"
Overall i give it a solid 4...cant beat the price.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Miguel
"nice if you want to save money"
My wife and I have travel extensively in Europe and the USA and save money on our room accommodations so that we can continue to travel.. we spend money on food, not on rooms. This establishment is not for the timid at heart but perhaps with this review others might be encouraged to use the hotel. We were headed for the very swank-Ocean Reef Resort the next 3 nights- $450 rooms so we participated in both sides of the Keys room costs while trying to avoid the 2-3 hour drive from home thru the morning traffic in southern Dade county. Check-in is by phone and lockbox for key retrieval so one does not meet the staff. The room was up stairs and presentable but not the Hampton Inn or Motel Six. There was evidence that the room had just been painted, molding replaced, new toilet, new flat screen TV and the towels were of high quality... surprise! The AC was on when I opened the door and was very good.. something that can only be appreciated in the Keys. We never heard anyone in the upstairs hallway-perhaps 10 rooms and downstairs there was a separate room with a fridge and washing/dryer machines- obviously for longer term says as in construction workers. The upside other than cost is that there is a delightful small restaurant next door that serves B-L-D all homemade and wonderful coffee. 7-9 everyday.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Fred
I had trouble with the hot water in the shower. Other than that it was good.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Randall Rogerd
"It was OK but expensive compare with services"
We spend a night in this hotel, It was ok but really expensive. It wasn't really clean, specially behind bed was really dirty. It was non-smoking room but blankets smells cigarettes. Anyway, we enjoy our time there because we were with a group...
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Bare bones"
I suppose if I had lived in the Bowery or Skid Row I would have felt comfortable here.
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
Al
"Right off interstate - Adequate at Best"
Overall the room is adequate. Some things that are observed are: the sheets were dirty and worn, the room is small, the bathroom was clean enough and the shower was hot too. I wouldn't recommend this motel and will not stay there again. The bed was creaky and tough to sleep on, and we left at 8am because we could no longer sleep there. No staff were on-site. I've seen worse, but not much worse
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Excellent room"
Would definitely stay here again. Check in was the only downfall. No lobby with nobody to check in with made it a little hard. Took an hour to check in over the telephone. But the rooms were very nice.
1 night business trip Jun 28, 2014
Hope Sowell
"No Hot Water! A single bath towel in a double room"
My wife and I had never been to this part of Florida and booked site unseen.. It is our habit to book smaller independent inn's whenever possible and that has lead to some really great finds. This is not one of them. This place is in sole need of basic maintenance! - from the entrance door that "needs to be jiggled some" to work to the hot water system that is severely undersized for the business, to the back door which opens to the ally parking lot and is left unlocked at unpredictable times - there are too many things wrong to list. But the basic issues seems to be a lack of either funding or knowledge in basic innkeeping. And by the way an additional fee for house keeping if you want that.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Don't stay here"
First of all, there was no staff at check-in....you pick up a phone, they tell you a code for a box to retrieve your room key. You go into the room, and then you see the plaque by the door telling you that for housekeeping service there is an extra $25 fee, and if you need more than two towels for your entire stay, then it is an extra $7 per towel, per day. The carpet looked like it was threadbare in many places. And there was never any hot water!!! At night, someone in the adjoining room kept peeking through the cracks in the door. I will never stay in this place again!!
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Overpriced for what you get"
Just be aware that the sign out front says "rooms from $69/night". If I had paid that rate I would have given it a higher rating.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
There is no staff to greet you. There was no front desk, at all, that we could see. We had to call to get a number to open a lock box for the key to your room. There were cigarette butts around the hotel exterior and empty plastic cups lodged in the bushes and in the parking lot. The room we got appeared not to have been cleaned up. The clock radio was dusty. The kitchenette area was pretty beat up--utensils were thrown into a drawer. The TV was very difficult to work. The shower had a light bulb in it, to light the area. The shower curtain was drab and looked like it had been there for decades. It was not a good experience being at this hotel.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
A slight mold smell when first entered unit but went away quickly when sprayed with deodorizer. A full service gym is across the street.
2 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
S Williams
"Character makes up for a lot"
Really nice old place just past Key Largo with a lot of old-style character. That makes up for a lot of little annoyances, like soft mattresses, a TV that only worked some of the time, and other little odds and ends. The strangest part is that in our 2-night stay we never saw a staff member. You get a combination to pick up your key on arrival, and you drop in in a box on leaving. You have to pay if you want maid service - I thought they meant if you want your sheets changed, but a maid doesn´t even come in to make the bed or straighten out. Which would have been nice, though it´s also nice not to have anyone go through your stuff and rearrange things. So clearly some people will not like this place at all, but it depends on your priorities. Also advantages of location: quick walk to a nice spot on the water with benches, and next door are a really nice cafe and a good Cuban restaurant/store. We liked it for that and its quirky charm. Decent price too.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Stan
"Weekend stay"
Nice for a short stay, comfortable room but a small bathroom. Nice bbq area.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Good value."
Excellent for the $. Great location, and comfortable.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"On US1 and just a block of apartments"
As no receptionist we had a problem getting key number (no access to email) and phone in reception got us through on a difficult line to the booking agency.
Other trip May 31, 2014
"Average place"
Nice place to sleep. I used this place to sleep and shower only, I was visiting family during the day at another location, therefore I was not at the hotel very much. The hotel does not have any amenities so if you are looking for this, please don't stay here.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Disappointing"
If historic means crappy with no hot water then this place is perfect! Otherwise, stay away.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Gregg
"Tiny rooms in The Keys"
There are no staff on site, and it was quiet difficult getting our room number and key, we were not sent the inital email with this information and when we called the women we spoe with was not very pleasant and at first she could not find our reservation. Our reservation was finally found and we were given the code to the lock box, no key, more waiting. Once were were finally in a room, it was a little underwhelming, tiny and dated room. Also the remote control for our TV did not work properly, so we were stuck on one chanel with sight impared assistance.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Rachel
"would stay again"
We would stay there again, we had a big room that was a help. There was 6 of us. Definitely needs updating! My bed had a sink hole, the fridge smelled! But compared to the other rooms, this was a good one. Cheap, good enough if you're not going to be there long ( night mostly)
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2014
"NotGood"
You get what you pay for.........this was not a bargain......
1 night trip May 16, 2014
"Worn, but has all the necessities"
Look the Tavernier Inn is not your FL Keys resort. The Inn is worn down even dilapidated in parts. However, the rooms have the necessities you need for the clients who just need a place to rest their heads at night and not be concerned about all the bells and whistles. They have a self check-in process and no lobby. Everything is done through their key lock system. Although worn they still have TVs in the rooms, building Wifi, clean towels, and AC units in the windows that definitely do the job. Look if you are looking to have amenities and to be back and forth to your room to relax during your vacation this is not the place for you. If you are going to be out and about and enjoying all the Keys have to offer and only looking for a place to lay your head at night then this place will definitely do the trick and more. You can't beat the price in Islamorada/ Tavernier area so the people who are complaining about their stay or the conditions, what did you expect for the lowest rate around??
2 night trip with friends May 16, 2014
"Cheap for the Keys but you get what you pay for."
Basic accomodations. Relatively clean. Needs to be renovated
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Not the cleanest but very comfortable bed!"
We didn't expect much since this was the least expensive place to stay. The floors weren't vacuumed, shower had mold but we were pleasantly surprised to be provided soap, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion & shower gel. Also we slept like babies in the very comfortable king size bed. Nice flat screen tv. Great place if you just need a place to sleep. We would stay again...
Other trip May 12, 2014
"It was okay, and on the main road, etc.."
PLEASE OPEN AND READ AND PRINT THE EMAIL INSTRUCTIONS THEY SEND YOU!!!! There is no "front desk", and you are basically on your own, which is why they email you THE DAY OF OR THE DAY BEFORE YOU ARRIVE with instructions on how to retrieve your key, etc etc. I had two rooms there, and saw one guy when arrived who offered to take the suitcases up the stairs, but even he was surprised I had gotten in the front door, as he was pointing to the back way to get upstairs!!! My stay was end of April, and there looked like there was construction/renovation/maintenance work going on. In the dark late at night it was a bit hard to find. Had to stop and ask directions even with printed directions. If you are going SOUTH...it is on your LEFT and easy to miss.
1 night trip Apr 27, 2014
Traveler not Tourist
"Great old Florida feel"
Love the location. We had 2 rooms, 1 was better than the other. In the 2nd room we had no dresser and the toilet seat was broken. We liked the adjoining restaurant and the courtyard.
4 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
James borchert
"I didn't stay ten minutes."
This place was by far the dirtiest, most disgusting hotel I've ever seen. I walked right out.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"A place to lay your head only"
Check in was by phone. No personal contact person. The only thing that really fit in the room was the bed. No table. No chair. Did have a TV though. Overpriced for the value but it was a room for the night. Very cramped but had a strange retro Keys charm. Unique, but would probably look for someplace else next time.
1 night romance trip Apr 16, 2014
Keith
"Comfortable"
Had an event to attend, needed a room for the night
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"Good location, but disappointing room."
We never saw any staff, so could not rate any of them. The room itself was clean, but the bathroom was below par. The shower curtain and wall had mold. I guess we got what we paid for, but I would think a clean bathroom was a basic minimum requirement.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
Carolyn
"horrible- False advertising"
Know one is there. You have to call some number and your key is in a lock box. old rooms. smelled awful with mold in shower and if you shut off the air conditioning unit the mold smell was disgusting. horrible place to stay. We stayed a couple hours an left by 6 am.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
mary
"horrible- False advertising"
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
mary
"Would Stay Again"
Comfy room, easy check in and out, great rate, nice eatery next door.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014