All hotels in Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Room is not nice
    Bad amenities
Stayed here over a bank holiday weekend. About a 10-15 minute walk to the town centre/beach area. Situated on a nice quiet road. We had one of the rooms that had bunk beds in. Not a lot of space, but the room was more than adequate and the supply of tea and coffee very useful for the morning after the night before! Didn't eat breakfast at the hotel as we could not be bothered to get up. Overall I would stay here again, very very quiet location and that was the major plus point for me.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
The gentleman running the hotel was very kind, welcoming and helpful. However you have to go to another hotel to register and collect the keys from a gentleman whom I did not find very welcoming. Unfortunately the road the Mayfield is in and surrounding area has seen much better days which I found very depressing and outside the hotel I did not feel very safe.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
Nice, quiet room. Trouble with tv reception. Friendly staff.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Pretty average"
No Food or bar in the winter months so we were told. Notice at reception said otherwise.
2 night business trip Feb 5, 2016
"Nye stay"
NYE £30 a night bargain stay Staff was polite too
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
"Comfortable"
Hotel quite warm and comfortable. Opposite tennis court in fairly quiet road
2 night trip Oct 30, 2015
Jonathan
"My stay"
My stay was fine. The hotel was easy to find from the station.It was clean and peaceful. I had a private toilet and shower room to myself along the hall way. I did not require breakfast there was tea and coffee available in my room.The staff were helpful. In my view it was good value for money and I could access wifi.
3 night trip Oct 26, 2015
"Fawlty Towers at it's best! Gsoh a must!"
Very bizarre room for a couple. 4 single beds!? Wallpaper clashed with curtains and curtains clashed with carpet. The loo was white, sink pink.very old fashioned in a Fawlty Towers kind of way. The owner left us to it, thankfully. We have a sense of humour so it added to our adventure. Weirdly, we will probably stay there again!
2 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Lucy
"Not a very good place"
The owners were not very polite, the room hot water tap was scolding, the sink did not drain properly, the shower trickled and did not drain properly on last day; the windows did not shut properly and the internet facility I was not informed how to access and was told on second day when I asked that a small sticker on the bedroom mirror right hand corner gave me the instructions and password which was impossible to spot or see.
3 night trip Sep 1, 2015
Davinder
"Not the best stay in Bournemouth ever"
The room was hot cramped, not what we expected.the returning hen party woke us in the early hours .the lack of an ensuite bathroom was an issue as there was no water in the room to even fill the kettle .fine as a base for daytrips and providing you want to eat out every night but not cheap for the very basic amenities.and parkings not great either.
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Hotel was resonably satisfactory in all sense, however not very happy to pay £7.00 for a full set of English Breakfast when they have clearly displayed price list of £5.00.
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
Indra
"Clean hotel for the price paid."
It was OK to stay there for 2 days with kids. Not very close to the beach but a reasonable walking distance. Staff are very friendly so I would recommend to friends
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
Leah
We stayed at the Mayfield Hotel for two nights in August. The couple who run the hotel are very nice and accommodating, nothing is to much trouble. The rooms are dated, but clean and comfortable. The breakfasts are very good and reasonably priced.
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Christine
"Was'nt bad"
Over All was gud but they need to improve service
1 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2015
Mr I U
"Nive little stay"
we went here just to get away for a few days, Room was really clean not the must up to date hotel but had 5 beds in our room and was great for us. Had a problem with one lamp told the owners and they came straight up and sorted the problem, they were great and very welcoming, for the price would would recommend.
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Antony
"Clean and comfortable"
The hotel was clean and comfortable. The only downside was trying to get a parking space on the road late at night, which you could get but may have a little walk. I would recommend for a low budget stay.
2 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2015
"Why are the owners noisier than the guest????"
Not much of a family hotel, more like a party hotel. The owners knowing on the booking we would be arriving as a family chose to room us next to a stag party. The room was reasonable. Thick dust on the back of the tele,bed was ok, fridge was smelly and no hot water when showering. After a great day out by the beach, having to come back to the stag party getting ready making a racket and then the owners making an even bigger racket. We found it difficult to relax. With the owners having there own get together we found it difficult to get any sleep and when things finally settled down. Boom then come the stag party from there night out crashing into there rooms. Nice one!!!! Next day we were offered free breakfast but that was because whoever prepaid for it never turned up and it was stuff left over/cooked too much so rather chuck it away offer it out as an after thought. 2nd night was similar to the 1st but without the stag doo as I think they went home by then. Any chance of a refund??? Thanks for the memories. X
Other trip May 12, 2015
Martin
"worth every penny"
Very friendly staff great time
3 night family trip Feb 9, 2015
NEIL
"Funky 70's venue"
The place was clean and confortable, but the style was vintage 70's, but ?I will say it was the the most comfortable bed Ever,
2 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
Rajesh
"Average guest house - Would stay again if i had to"
Lovely owner and family who run the Guest house. Very accommodating. Room very dated with floral patterns - Mini fridge a good addition but needs good clean (behind, especially) Bed was a bouncy divan - Room secured with number code lock - felt secure. Small leak in the toilet, and thin walls, so neighbors heard easily. Good location, only 5-10 minute walk to bus and ASDA. Overall a good experience - Would stay there again at a push.. About 15 small stairs to climb, so wouldnt recommend for those who struggle with stairs/need a lift or elevator.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
Becks
"Friendly, welcoming and good value."
The new management (from October 2014)were welcoming and very obliging. This is not a stylish establishment but it's clean, tidy and friendly and they clearly understand how to make guests very welcome and comfortable. Bear that in mind and you will find the value is very good, with breakfast included. We'd certainly go back.
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
Anthony
"Loved the fridge in room"
I came for a relaxing time & got just that lovely cooked breakfasts every morning really quick service but most of all I loved the fridge in the room that you could do a lot of things with such as extra tea making get your own milk make sandwiches etc. plus other snacks to eat. Also did quite a lot of sightseeing & shopping really good location not far to anything. Enjoyed my stay very much.
7 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Vernon
"Great breakfast service"
Convenient for what we had to do and see in Bournemouth and good that the parking was free.
2 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2014
"good location nice service good conditions"
good memories stay in the family was happy I'm going to pick there again
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Dariusz
"Nice hotel not far from the beach and interchange"
Its very dated decor but it did have a nice feel the beds were comfy and it was all clean. The breakfast choice was very good with reasonable amounts and the staff were polite .. Looking forward to booking again next year
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
vicky
"Cheap and it showed."
The room was old and tired and the beds not very good. The worst part though, was the unknown substance dribbled on the bed board. The staff was very friendly, the breakfast room was nice and the breakfast was good.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
"Great central coastal location, fantastic service,"
Very good value.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
Vinod123
"Excellent for those on a budget!"
Although the exterior is a little strange, and the interior deco is somewhat dated the stay was very good. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable, as a regular user of budget accommodation I can't praise the comfort of the bed highly enough. The breakfast was also very good , and the man who works in the kitchen was very helpful and friendly. Overall I was very pleased with the hotel and would use again. The location was ideal for our stay and there was plenty of free parking.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
Gill
"comfy beds, friendly and helpful staff"
wonderful helpful staff, great breakfast, more than I expected.
3 night family trip Aug 9, 2013
"Hotel from the sixties with rude Owner"
Upon arrival at the hotel i was met at the door with an intercom to reception, when speaking to the reception i was told to collect my keys from another hotel in the next road. I walked to the other hotel to be met by a lady telling me i had to pay a £20 cash deposit for the keys. I explained i had paid online & didn't have any cash, as this was not explained in the booking. She called the manager, who told me i would have to go to a cash-point. I explained about the booking & he said it is in the e-mail confirmation, but the only reference to payments is for damages caused. Due to it being late at night & needing some sleep i reluctantly went to get cash & paid. I received my key for my en-suite room to be told that the bathroom was along the hallway (en-suite i don't think so). Very disgruntled i walked back to my original hotel, upon entering my room i was met with decor from the sixties, complete with uncomfortable bed & very old furniture. I wouldn't bother staying here unless your paying no more than £15 per night, as its standards are lower than a hostel.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2013
rob c
"Nice but breakfast not that good ?"
I think the beds could be more comfortable , they need to up grade they mattresses as I do not think I could have stayed they for a week on they currant bed . Why do they all ways use cheap food for breakfast because all this does is leave you with a bad experience as they same you all ways remember your last meal and this breakfast was made of all happy shopper products and this is not good . So take a look at the price difference and serve a good breakfast and you will have happy customers ? Do not like haveing to book in at one hotel and then drive to your main hotel and give a cash deposit ?
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
Nick
"Unpleasant Experience"
We booked for two nights and only stayed for one. We moved to another hotel as my wife found the Mayfield depressing.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
"Good and bad"
Once you manage to get into the room, there is very little wrong with it. Considering it is a budget hotel it is quite comfortable and you have everything you need. However, before you can get into the room, you have to go to collect the key from another location a little down the road. At this location, you are 'greeted' with suspicion and asked to sign various small pieces of paper confirming you will not be acting in an anti-social way. You will also have to pay a cash deposit for your room key. I did not remember seeing this when I booked and if I had not had the cash with me, I would have been put out as I had just driven for 4 hours. Still it was good accommodation for the money and in a reasonably nice student-centred location.
1 night trip May 15, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Bon rapport qualité/prix et tranquille."
Quatre jours à Bournemouth dans le but de rendre visite à un membre de notre famille, sous un temps d'hiver (pluvieux et froid). L'hotêl Mayfield possède un bon rapport qualité prix (environ 35€ la nuit à deux, difficile de trouver moins cher pour le même confort). Le petit déjeuner optionnel est en supplément (£5,50 par personne, correct). Hôtel situé dans un quartier calme, à environ 300m d'un arrêt de bus permettant d'aller au centre ville en 3 à 4 minutes.
4 night romance trip Nov 18, 2015
Jean-François
FR
Rolig sted å bo, samt rask og enkel booking. Rommet var fint og rent.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
bebold
"評価が難しい"
ホテルスタッフは良い人でした。 良い所 駅が近い、朝食が良い 悪い所 チェックインの場所が少し離れている。 シングルはトイレとシャワーが別。 シャワーの水圧が低い。
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
モンちゃん
JP
Un desastre,no se lo recomiendo a nadie.
2 night trip Jul 6, 2014
ES
Un desastre, no se lo recomiendo a nadie.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
ES
"tutto sommato niente male"
camere datate ma pulite, ottimo il servizio e la colazione, posizione un po' decentrata, comunque accettabile
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2013
IT
"god frukost"
Rummet var bra inrett, men heltäckningsmattor överallt, även på toaletten, känns ofräscht. Sängarna var sköna. Läget passade oss bra, nära till stationen och ca 10 min promenad till centrum. Det fanns ingen reception på hotellet utan den låg på ett annat hotell 100 m därifrån. Dåligt tryck i vattnet både i duschen och i toaletten. Frukosten var bra och det fanns mycket att välja av.
5 night trip Jul 30, 2013
Solist
SE
"Bra frukost"
Bra frukost med trevlig personal är tyvärr det enda positiva jag kan säga om detta B&B . Hela huset luktar unket , absolut inget för allergiker och vi fick inte vad vi hade bokat via Hotell.com , fick dusch och toalett i korridoren när vi hade bokat detta i vårt rum .Rekomenderas bara om man är desperat ! Tyvärr !! Bilden på hotell.com ger ett helt fel intryck om ett mysigt B&B. Duschen fungerade knappt , inget tryck på vattnet .
3 night trip Jul 30, 2013
SE
"Gutes Hotel für einen kurzen Aufenthalt"
Gutes Hotel für einen kurzen Aufenthalt; eher für Paare als für Familien
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
DE
1 night trip May 21, 2013
Roshan

TripAdvisor reviews for Mayfield Hotel

"Clean and Polite but..."
03/10/16 dave2182
A workmate and I were booked in here for a Friday and Saturday to attend a work exhibition. The place is clean but tired. The owners (?) / staff (?) were polite without being welcoming. We were booked bed & breakfast two en-suite rooms. My colleagues room/en-suite was fine. My en-suite however was at the other side of the hotel - thankfully (for the other guests) Id remembered to pack my dressing gown. I did try to explain that en-suite is commonly understood to mean 'attached to the room' and not down a drafty corridor. But there was a language problem so I gave up with us both still smiling. Breakfast - there was a piece of paper attached with blu-tac to the locked dining room door which stated 'breakfast served between 7 and 9. Book at reception' I tried to book but was told 'no breakfast at weekend'. I suggested he should change his blu-tac note, but again something was lost in translation. I didnt book this and I wont be rushing back. They seem nice people but possibly out of their comfort zone.
"Cheap, Cheerful, Clean!"
01/17/16 Danielle D Greater London, United Kingdom
We were a group of 4 friends that came down to meet up with some other friends for couple of nights. We arrived at about 10pm which wasn't a problem for the host, we had the family room which was two singles oushed together like a double and two more singles. I am not going to lie the decor is dated but we didn't care about that - if anything it actually added to the humor of the trip. The hotel was clean, the beds comfortable, the TV in the room worked and the host was so nice and friendly and helpful! There was no curfew here and the rooms operate on a key code which was brilliant for when we came back at different times. Its about a 20 - 30 min walk to the main centre but if like us your are too lazy for that it was a £6 cab. But we did find a brilliant pub with karaoke on the side of sound circus and couple of good bars- the Anvill within staggering distance! There is parking at the hotel, there's only three spots on the driveway but the road hasn't got any restrictions and we found a space easily enough. We will be booking again next time, all round highly recommended, if you're not expecting a 5* complex for £15 ppn but still expect a good level of cleanliness this will be ok for you.
"good for price"
12/06/15 popeye026 Exmouth
handy hotel for staying few days , 10 mins from train station also on bus route 20 mins walk into town centre, room and beds comfortable and clean , good to have a fridge in room , staff friendly will book again
"My Stay at the Mayfield Hotel in October."
11/20/15 Robert B Prodromi, Cyprus
Once again I found this Hotel. excellent, comfortable accommodation. and first class service, in a decent quiet area, definitely value for money. With my thanks to the owners, Jamil and Jubeth Mosquida, who kept this place in an immaculate condition. Yours Sincerely. Bob Briggs.
"come to bournemouth for my 21st"
08/30/15 alex_jarvis
I thought this hotel would be an ideal hotel for an average student that enjoys partying , pulling birds and having an amazing time. as i walked in to the hotel they were really strict and their paper to sign for damages seemed dodgy so i didn't give my exact details. they owner looked very suspicious and i asked him what if i go on a night and come back late he said no one can enter after 11pm. i felt like i was gonna be imprisoned in this place. As i walked upstairs it looked really crap and tacky . my room seems average and the first thing i find is a rubbish bag in the wardrobe. not very impressing for and old fashion place. your not even aloud any uninvited guess during your stay either which is a shame. The walls have marks on them and the staff members have no uniform. it is rated 2/10 from me but overall you can get a good night sleep
"Good cheap hotel"
08/20/15 Spuriosity England
We stayed here overnight during the Bournemouth Air Festival as we had booked late and struggled to find hotels that didn't cost a bomb. I knew it wasn't going to be the Ritz but, hey, I needed somewhere to stay! Yes, the decor is dated and, yes, I had a 'private bathroom' at the other end of the corridor, but it was clean and comfortable. There were all the basic amenities in the room that you'd expect: tea, coffee, iron and even a little fridge. We had to sleep with the window wide open as it was quite warm. There was a bit of road noise but it wasn't too bad as the street isn't particularly busy. We didn't eat breakfast so can't comment on that I'm afraid. There's space for three cars to be parked outside the hotel, but there was lots of space on the road; I'm not sure if there are charges involved for that. The rooms use a coded lock instead of a key and it says you can change the number to your own but it didn't work with ours. Just be careful to lock the door again on your way out as it doesn't automatically lock itself. All in all, a pleasant stay.
"Who posting the reviews for this hotel ?"
06/29/15 Lhardy18 Reading, United Kingdom
Tripadvisor has never let me down but i think if i had checked the reviews first here i would not of been happy at all. Like my title says i don't know who posting the reviews for the hotel but they cant be real people ? Be prepared to travel through time and space after arriving at the hotel as it seems the hotel has not been touched since the 80's. Parking on the road is ample for a car and even couple of spots out front so don't worry about that . . . main reason why is that its non permits and its about half hour walk from the town center and 40 mins from pier. Hotel does not have a reception and you kind of just have to wait in hall while your force to fill out a bunch of pointless disclaimer that look like they have been written by a infant. You will then be told what room your in and sent on your way. My partner described the room perfect '' People come here to die '' :S We had the half paint and half wall paper on the walls . . . not in the cool way either.... More along the lines they ran out of either paint or paper . . . you decide ? The carpet is straight from a closed down pub and you use kettle or iron at your own risk. We must of not paid extra for hot water as the shower was cold. You will also need to move about to get wet as there is a lack of pressure . . . Again enjoy the 1980's bathroom suite. I really could go on all day but i think you get the point. We stopped for two nights and then moved as was unfair on kids. With such a large choice of hotels in the area. Dont waste your time or money.
"Overnight stop"
06/24/15 mdslogistics Llandudno, United Kingdom
What can I say 16 hours on the road arrived 930 at night Lovely greeting warm and welcoming Room adequate surprised for a four poster so Mrs very happy TV bit small en suite but small for a large guy otherwise very clean Breakfast was lovely this is a cracking hotel right little find close to local amenities
"Excellent rating for numerous reasons. Great as a 'home away from home'."
06/24/15 IAmOnTheInternet Southport
I live in a similar style house in the north west. The construction is solid brick which means that while staying here, I didn't hear a noise from any of the other guests in 4 days and 3 nights. The hotel location is excellent for numerous reasons. It is a 10 minute walk to a very large Asda hypermarket. It is around a 15-20 minute walk to the beach. It's a half hour walk into the city centre. I did a lot of walking around Bournemouth, and found it to have a safe feeling. The room itself was perfect for my wife and 3 year old daughter. It had tea/coffee making facilities and a small fridge. It also had a ?queen? bed and a single bed in it. The sheets were white, and clean. The room was clean and the owners thoughtfully provide an electric room deodoriser. The wifi is free, and fast: Ping = 48sec with a 5.86Mbps download speed @ 03:00 There is a small LCD TV which was tuned well and had recent tuning to freeview channels. We opted to not have our sheets or towels changed over our stay (do you really need your sheets changed or beds made by someone else? how often do you change your towel at home?) and if our rubbish bin got too full, the cleaning staff were friendly in giving us a new bag to use. We didn't make use of the £7 a head full English breakfast. There are lots of places in Bournemouth that you can find that are a real gem for breakfast or lunch. I suppose if it suits you though, at least the option is there. I believe they also had an option of a continental breakfast. Our room was room number 4. I recommend this room as it is at the front of the building, and over the dining room (so if your three year old bounces up and down as they do, you aren't going to be disturbing anybody). The shower room was fine, and fit for purpose. My little girl is used to baths, but she just sat down in the shower and thought it was fun playing 'in the rain'. Also, the front overlooks the tennis courts, and although the language of the players can sometimes be a bit questionable, it was fun to watch through the sheer curtains. We had quite a few 'day sleeps', and weren't disturbed at all. Parking was good. We were able to park at all times on the front of the property, and there is off street parking too if needed. The main thing which I really liked was the lack of a key. All rooms have combination locks, and the main entrance is a combination lock. This makes life so much easier! Why can't more places do this!!! Usually I always tend to 'travelodge' on the cheap, but this place offered far more for very little extra money. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, I can't flaw the place.
"Alright for a night"
06/20/15 MichV5631QD Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
The hotel was a bit difficult to find and I did not like checking in at a different hotel. However, the staff were lovely and welcoming. We had paid for a full English breakfast with the room, however had an early flight the next day, so left before the kitchen opened for breakfast. The staff were very good in arranging for a continental breakfast to be bought up to the room so we had something to eat in the morning and were very helpful in arranging a taxi to pick us up in the morning, as well as pointing us in the right direction for something to eat in the evening. The room was very dated but clean and tidy. We did get bitten during the night which was a concern. Overall it is cheap and cheerful accommodation, we found the staff to be friendly and helpful but the hotel is desperately in need of renovating.