All hotels in Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
46 Frances Road, Bournemouth, England, BH1 3SA, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

The gentleman running the hotel was very kind, welcoming and helpful. However you have to go to another hotel to register and collect the keys from a gentleman whom I did not find very welcoming. Unfortunately the road the Mayfield is in and surrounding area has seen much better days which I found very depressing and outside the hotel I did not feel very safe.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
Nice, quiet room. Trouble with tv reception. Friendly staff.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
No hospitality from staff. Staff not always available to help you. Heating had to be put on only when i asked and was noisy. Didn't turn off when i was told it was and was on all night. The handle on the toilet broke the first night as it was just glued on. It was glued back on the next day. The breakfast was excellent and beds were comfortable.
Other trip Nov 5, 2012

We stayed at the Mayfield Hotel for two nights in August. The couple who run the hotel are very nice and accommodating, nothing is to much trouble. The rooms are dated, but clean and comfortable. The breakfasts are very good and reasonably priced.
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Christine
"Was'nt bad"
Over All was gud but they need to improve service
1 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2015
Mr I U
"Nive little stay"
we went here just to get away for a few days, Room was really clean not the must up to date hotel but had 5 beds in our room and was great for us. Had a problem with one lamp told the owners and they came straight up and sorted the problem, they were great and very welcoming, for the price would would recommend.
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Antony
"Clean and comfortable"
The hotel was clean and comfortable. The only downside was trying to get a parking space on the road late at night, which you could get but may have a little walk. I would recommend for a low budget stay.
2 night trip with friends Jun 19, 2015
"Why are the owners noisier than the guest????"
Not much of a family hotel, more like a party hotel. The owners knowing on the booking we would be arriving as a family chose to room us next to a stag party. The room was reasonable. Thick dust on the back of the tele,bed was ok, fridge was smelly and no hot water when showering. After a great day out by the beach, having to come back to the stag party getting ready making a racket and then the owners making an even bigger racket. We found it difficult to relax. With the owners having there own get together we found it difficult to get any sleep and when things finally settled down. Boom then come the stag party from there night out crashing into there rooms. Nice one!!!! Next day we were offered free breakfast but that was because whoever prepaid for it never turned up and it was stuff left over/cooked too much so rather chuck it away offer it out as an after thought. 2nd night was similar to the 1st but without the stag doo as I think they went home by then. Any chance of a refund??? Thanks for the memories. X
Other trip May 12, 2015
Martin
"worth every penny"
Very friendly staff great time
3 night family trip Feb 9, 2015
NEIL
"Funky 70's venue"
The place was clean and confortable, but the style was vintage 70's, but ?I will say it was the the most comfortable bed Ever,
2 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
Rajesh
"Average guest house - Would stay again if i had to"
Lovely owner and family who run the Guest house. Very accommodating. Room very dated with floral patterns - Mini fridge a good addition but needs good clean (behind, especially) Bed was a bouncy divan - Room secured with number code lock - felt secure. Small leak in the toilet, and thin walls, so neighbors heard easily. Good location, only 5-10 minute walk to bus and ASDA. Overall a good experience - Would stay there again at a push.. About 15 small stairs to climb, so wouldnt recommend for those who struggle with stairs/need a lift or elevator.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
Becks
"Friendly, welcoming and good value."
The new management (from October 2014)were welcoming and very obliging. This is not a stylish establishment but it's clean, tidy and friendly and they clearly understand how to make guests very welcome and comfortable. Bear that in mind and you will find the value is very good, with breakfast included. We'd certainly go back.
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
Anthony
"Loved the fridge in room"
I came for a relaxing time & got just that lovely cooked breakfasts every morning really quick service but most of all I loved the fridge in the room that you could do a lot of things with such as extra tea making get your own milk make sandwiches etc. plus other snacks to eat. Also did quite a lot of sightseeing & shopping really good location not far to anything. Enjoyed my stay very much.
7 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Vernon
"Great breakfast service"
Convenient for what we had to do and see in Bournemouth and good that the parking was free.
2 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2014
"good location nice service good conditions"
good memories stay in the family was happy I'm going to pick there again
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Dariusz
"Nice hotel not far from the beach and interchange"
Its very dated decor but it did have a nice feel the beds were comfy and it was all clean. The breakfast choice was very good with reasonable amounts and the staff were polite .. Looking forward to booking again next year
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
vicky
"Cheap and it showed."
The room was old and tired and the beds not very good. The worst part though, was the unknown substance dribbled on the bed board. The staff was very friendly, the breakfast room was nice and the breakfast was good.
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
"Great central coastal location, fantastic service,"
Very good value.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
Vinod123
"Excellent for those on a budget!"
Although the exterior is a little strange, and the interior deco is somewhat dated the stay was very good. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable, as a regular user of budget accommodation I can't praise the comfort of the bed highly enough. The breakfast was also very good , and the man who works in the kitchen was very helpful and friendly. Overall I was very pleased with the hotel and would use again. The location was ideal for our stay and there was plenty of free parking.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
Gill
"comfy beds, friendly and helpful staff"
wonderful helpful staff, great breakfast, more than I expected.
3 night family trip Aug 9, 2013
"Hotel from the sixties with rude Owner"
Upon arrival at the hotel i was met at the door with an intercom to reception, when speaking to the reception i was told to collect my keys from another hotel in the next road. I walked to the other hotel to be met by a lady telling me i had to pay a £20 cash deposit for the keys. I explained i had paid online & didn't have any cash, as this was not explained in the booking. She called the manager, who told me i would have to go to a cash-point. I explained about the booking & he said it is in the e-mail confirmation, but the only reference to payments is for damages caused. Due to it being late at night & needing some sleep i reluctantly went to get cash & paid. I received my key for my en-suite room to be told that the bathroom was along the hallway (en-suite i don't think so). Very disgruntled i walked back to my original hotel, upon entering my room i was met with decor from the sixties, complete with uncomfortable bed & very old furniture. I wouldn't bother staying here unless your paying no more than £15 per night, as its standards are lower than a hostel.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2013
rob c
"Nice but breakfast not that good ?"
I think the beds could be more comfortable , they need to up grade they mattresses as I do not think I could have stayed they for a week on they currant bed . Why do they all ways use cheap food for breakfast because all this does is leave you with a bad experience as they same you all ways remember your last meal and this breakfast was made of all happy shopper products and this is not good . So take a look at the price difference and serve a good breakfast and you will have happy customers ? Do not like haveing to book in at one hotel and then drive to your main hotel and give a cash deposit ?
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
Nick
"Unpleasant Experience"
We booked for two nights and only stayed for one. We moved to another hotel as my wife found the Mayfield depressing.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
"Good and bad"
Once you manage to get into the room, there is very little wrong with it. Considering it is a budget hotel it is quite comfortable and you have everything you need. However, before you can get into the room, you have to go to collect the key from another location a little down the road. At this location, you are 'greeted' with suspicion and asked to sign various small pieces of paper confirming you will not be acting in an anti-social way. You will also have to pay a cash deposit for your room key. I did not remember seeing this when I booked and if I had not had the cash with me, I would have been put out as I had just driven for 4 hours. Still it was good accommodation for the money and in a reasonably nice student-centred location.
1 night trip May 15, 2013
Whiffy, tired, paranoid, unwelcoming doss house
Other trip Apr 26, 2013
"Convenient for Rail/Bus Station"
The hotel itself was comfortable and very clean However the key must be obtained from another property in an adjacent road, which was rather a drag with heavy suitcases.
3 night trip Apr 12, 2013
"You just get what you pay for"
Basic room in a basic hotel, had to go around the corner to get keys. Bit of a pain but never mind. Breakfast was ok. Nothing special at all. Won't be rushing back here.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2013
I don't like to go to one place for the keys and then walk again for the hotel!
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2013
Carolina
"Nice clean and well run hotel"
Not a lot more 2 say but nice clean and well run little hotel
1 night trip Sep 12, 2012
Mo
"Noisy stay..."
After booking a twin room with en-suite(for me and my 9 yr old daughter),was then informed in an e-mail that this was not the case and that the room had a detached bathroom !!? Arriving at the hotel and then collecting our keys from another hotel !! we then proceeded to our room. Noticed that there was no toilet or sink in the room and that the detached bathroom was in fact down the corridor pass 3 other rooms,not impressed..!!! The hotel other amenities were ok , but the worse part of our 5 night stay was the NOISY guests(different ones !!) which allowed us only 2 nights decent sleep. All in all I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone unless they can sleep through a lot of noise !!! and be aware when booking. that an inferior room is not supplied.
5 night family trip Aug 19, 2012
Mr Hope

"評価が難しい"
ホテルスタッフは良い人でした。 良い所 駅が近い、朝食が良い 悪い所 チェックインの場所が少し離れている。 シングルはトイレとシャワーが別。 シャワーの水圧が低い。
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
モンちゃん
JP
Un desastre,no se lo recomiendo a nadie.
2 night trip Jul 6, 2014
ES
Un desastre, no se lo recomiendo a nadie.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
ES
"tutto sommato niente male"
camere datate ma pulite, ottimo il servizio e la colazione, posizione un po' decentrata, comunque accettabile
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2013
IT
"god frukost"
Rummet var bra inrett, men heltäckningsmattor överallt, även på toaletten, känns ofräscht. Sängarna var sköna. Läget passade oss bra, nära till stationen och ca 10 min promenad till centrum. Det fanns ingen reception på hotellet utan den låg på ett annat hotell 100 m därifrån. Dåligt tryck i vattnet både i duschen och i toaletten. Frukosten var bra och det fanns mycket att välja av.
5 night trip Jul 30, 2013
Solist
SE
"Bra frukost"
Bra frukost med trevlig personal är tyvärr det enda positiva jag kan säga om detta B&B . Hela huset luktar unket , absolut inget för allergiker och vi fick inte vad vi hade bokat via Hotell.com , fick dusch och toalett i korridoren när vi hade bokat detta i vårt rum .Rekomenderas bara om man är desperat ! Tyvärr !! Bilden på hotell.com ger ett helt fel intryck om ett mysigt B&B. Duschen fungerade knappt , inget tryck på vattnet .
3 night trip Jul 30, 2013
SE
"Gutes Hotel für einen kurzen Aufenthalt"
Gutes Hotel für einen kurzen Aufenthalt; eher für Paare als für Familien
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
DE
Hotelli oli kohtuullisen siisti kaiketi, mutta vaikutti epäsiistiltä johtuen vanhoista ja likaisista kokolattiamatoista sekä kirjavasta tapetoinnista. Suihku/vessa oli epämiellyttävä. Suihku oli lähinnä vitsi, paine ei juurikaan riittänyt, jotta olisi kunnon suihkun saanut. Sängyt erittäin epämukavat ja huone todella pieni perhehuoneeksi. Positiivista oli, että kuitenkin huokeaan hintaan kuului aamupala. Henkilökunta ystävällistä. Pienillä asioilla saisi hintaansa nähden ok tasoisen yöpymispaikan.
3 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2012
FI
1 night trip May 21, 2013
Roshan
1 night trip Mar 31, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Mayfield Hotel

"Good cheap hotel"
08/21/15 Spuriosity England
We stayed here overnight during the Bournemouth Air Festival as we had booked late and struggled to find hotels that didn't cost a bomb. I knew it wasn't going to be the Ritz but, hey, I needed somewhere to stay! Yes, the decor is dated and, yes, I had a 'private bathroom' at the other end of the corridor, but it was clean and comfortable. There were all the basic amenities in the room that you'd expect: tea, coffee, iron and even a little fridge. We had to sleep with the window wide open as it was quite warm. There was a bit of road noise but it wasn't too bad as the street isn't particularly busy. We didn't eat breakfast so can't comment on that I'm afraid. There's space for three cars to be parked outside the hotel, but there was lots of space on the road; I'm not sure if there are charges involved for that. The rooms use a coded lock instead of a key and it says you can change the number to your own but it didn't work with ours. Just be careful to lock the door again on your way out as it doesn't automatically lock itself. All in all, a pleasant stay.
"Who posting the reviews for this hotel ?"
06/29/15 Lhardy18 Reading, United Kingdom
Tripadvisor has never let me down but i think if i had checked the reviews first here i would not of been happy at all. Like my title says i don't know who posting the reviews for the hotel but they cant be real people ? Be prepared to travel through time and space after arriving at the hotel as it seems the hotel has not been touched since the 80's. Parking on the road is ample for a car and even couple of spots out front so don't worry about that . . . main reason why is that its non permits and its about half hour walk from the town center and 40 mins from pier. Hotel does not have a reception and you kind of just have to wait in hall while your force to fill out a bunch of pointless disclaimer that look like they have been written by a infant. You will then be told what room your in and sent on your way. My partner described the room perfect '' People come here to die '' :S We had the half paint and half wall paper on the walls . . . not in the cool way either.... More along the lines they ran out of either paint or paper . . . you decide ? The carpet is straight from a closed down pub and you use kettle or iron at your own risk. We must of not paid extra for hot water as the shower was cold. You will also need to move about to get wet as there is a lack of pressure . . . Again enjoy the 1980's bathroom suite. I really could go on all day but i think you get the point. We stopped for two nights and then moved as was unfair on kids. With such a large choice of hotels in the area. Dont waste your time or money.
"Overnight stop"
06/25/15 mdslogistics Llandudno, United Kingdom
What can I say 16 hours on the road arrived 930 at night Lovely greeting warm and welcoming Room adequate surprised for a four poster so Mrs very happy TV bit small en suite but small for a large guy otherwise very clean Breakfast was lovely this is a cracking hotel right little find close to local amenities
"Excellent rating for numerous reasons. Great as a 'home away from home'."
06/24/15 IAmOnTheInternet Southport
I live in a similar style house in the north west. The construction is solid brick which means that while staying here, I didn't hear a noise from any of the other guests in 4 days and 3 nights. The hotel location is excellent for numerous reasons. It is a 10 minute walk to a very large Asda hypermarket. It is around a 15-20 minute walk to the beach. It's a half hour walk into the city centre. I did a lot of walking around Bournemouth, and found it to have a safe feeling. The room itself was perfect for my wife and 3 year old daughter. It had tea/coffee making facilities and a small fridge. It also had a ?queen? bed and a single bed in it. The sheets were white, and clean. The room was clean and the owners thoughtfully provide an electric room deodoriser. The wifi is free, and fast: Ping = 48sec with a 5.86Mbps download speed @ 03:00 There is a small LCD TV which was tuned well and had recent tuning to freeview channels. We opted to not have our sheets or towels changed over our stay (do you really need your sheets changed or beds made by someone else? how often do you change your towel at home?) and if our rubbish bin got too full, the cleaning staff were friendly in giving us a new bag to use. We didn't make use of the £7 a head full English breakfast. There are lots of places in Bournemouth that you can find that are a real gem for breakfast or lunch. I suppose if it suits you though, at least the option is there. I believe they also had an option of a continental breakfast. Our room was room number 4. I recommend this room as it is at the front of the building, and over the dining room (so if your three year old bounces up and down as they do, you aren't going to be disturbing anybody). The shower room was fine, and fit for purpose. My little girl is used to baths, but she just sat down in the shower and thought it was fun playing 'in the rain'. Also, the front overlooks the tennis courts, and although the language of the players can sometimes be a bit questionable, it was fun to watch through the sheer curtains. We had quite a few 'day sleeps', and weren't disturbed at all. Parking was good. We were able to park at all times on the front of the property, and there is off street parking too if needed. The main thing which I really liked was the lack of a key. All rooms have combination locks, and the main entrance is a combination lock. This makes life so much easier! Why can't more places do this!!! Usually I always tend to 'travelodge' on the cheap, but this place offered far more for very little extra money. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, I can't flaw the place.
"Alright for a night"
06/20/15 MichV5631QD Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
The hotel was a bit difficult to find and I did not like checking in at a different hotel. However, the staff were lovely and welcoming. We had paid for a full English breakfast with the room, however had an early flight the next day, so left before the kitchen opened for breakfast. The staff were very good in arranging for a continental breakfast to be bought up to the room so we had something to eat in the morning and were very helpful in arranging a taxi to pick us up in the morning, as well as pointing us in the right direction for something to eat in the evening. The room was very dated but clean and tidy. We did get bitten during the night which was a concern. Overall it is cheap and cheerful accommodation, we found the staff to be friendly and helpful but the hotel is desperately in need of renovating.
"Vile"
05/29/15 Jasmine N
This hotel is absolutely disgusting me and my friend booked two nights here and had the worst nights sleep due to the room next to us making so much noise! Would definitely avoid this joke of a b&b! The "staff" are rude and unattentive would never recommend this place to anyone
"My stay at this Hotel"
05/13/15 Robert B Prodromi, Cyprus
A well run hotel and excellent value for money, with my compliments to the owners, Jamil and Jubeth. the room was spotlessly clean and quiet with an excellent full English breakfast. The staff were friendly and helpful & I recommend this Hotel any time. Yours Sincerely, Robert Briggs
"No bathroom en suite"
04/15/15 mailtosummertime Berlin, Germany
The website boasts en suite bathrooms. The owner, very unpleasantly, declared he was not responsible for the B&B's website. I was handed a key for a bathroom next door and he told us to go elsewhere if we didn't like it. He also declared he couldn't refund us, as we had payed by credit card. By the way, I came back with some strange malware on my laptop.
"Stag Night"
04/12/15 Craig A
Stayed in this lovely well run spotless hotel with 11 others over the weekend for a friends stag do.... How can anyone expect any more for the price.... The staff were excellent and the breakfast one of the best I have ever had..... I am amazed how they can give such a fantastic service at such little cost..... A huge thanks from all 12 of us..... I would not hesitate to return or recommend this fantastic hotel to others....... Give it a go you wont be dissapointed......
"stay at Mayfiel Hotel."
04/11/15 Arnaud V
I had a lovely stay at Mayfiel Hotel. The rooms are really cleaned and quiet. Breakfast is excellent. I recommend it to anybody. The rooms are airy and make for a very pleasant stay. The staff is welcoming and always ready to help. It is near the main shopping centre Asda and the beach is only 20 minutes walk away. Imma Ros