All hotels in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
89 Cao Thang street, 3 Ward, 3 DistrictHo Chi Minh City70000Vietnam, ‏‎800-491-6126

Clean
    Location is ok
    Room is all right
"Gave me wrong room, then upgraded me, wifi no good"
I booked the Deluxe Double Room on Hotels.com that was advertised as being 28 m² with city views and 1 King Bed. Upon checking in they tried to give me a room that was 20 m² with 2 single beds. I pointed out that was not the room I booked so they upgraded me to the "Suite" room which was 37 m² - big enough for me. The room smelled like cigarettes though but I was tired already and didn't want to push the issue further. At night, I had to get some work done, but the wifi speeds were less than 0.50 up and down. There's an ethernet port on the desk in the room, but it did not work. I was on the 7th floor which did not have a wifi router. I ran a cable down to the 6th floor's wifi router so I could get some work done. I had to change the DNS settings to use Google's in order to get internet access(8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4). There's free tea in the room. I have not checked out the neighborhood yet, according to the other reviews it should be decent. Room Tip: If you can afford it, get the "Suite" room. Very spacious.
1 night trip Dec 18, 2015
Wayland
"Staff are awesome!!"
Love the place... the bed is very comfort.. The staff is extremely kind and helpful.. A++
6 night family trip Sep 2, 2015
Nguyen
"The best in district 3 !!"
I love the staff here... very friendly and helpful.
7 night trip Sep 8, 2015
Nguyen Pham
Good price and good location.
1 night family trip Feb 23, 2015
Henry
"Average hotel under the price value"
Most of the hotel staffs kind but the I found a few long hairs on the bed sheets and the bed was not comfortable
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Ken
"excellent hotel!!"
The staff were very friendly. The rooms were a bit small but nice and clean. Location is good. Overall I'd definitely stay here again!
2 night family trip Oct 29, 2014
"great hotel, great location"
i was only there for a night, but the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. the staff go out of their way to make you comfortable. room was very clean and well maintained. the neighborhood was great and very central. i would definitely recommend it. only downside is the bfast. if you're relying on it, don't :).
Response by Thien Thao Hotel
Thank you so much for your review. We really apologize for the breakfast thing that make you disappointed. You was giving us a good advice to improve our variety of breakfast menu. We hope that when you visit us next time, you will see the change! Once again, thank you so much for your staying at Thien Thao Hotel.
1 night trip Mar 13, 2014
"Awesome People Hotel is Nice"
All the staff is incredible. They are extremely helpful and accommodating. We came in late, left early, changed our reservation - paid by credit card, dong and USD. They can do it all. A very nice breakfast as well. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends and family. It is in Zone 3 - 2 KM from the train station and near Zone 1.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Bob H
"Great Stay!"
Our three days at the Thien Thao was wonderful. We are walkers and definitely need not mind attempting the sidewalks of Saigon, so the location was not really an issue for us. The service was fantastic and useful, someone was always at the desk to be sure we didn't need anything. If we return to Saigon, we will stay here again. Recommended!
3 night trip Jan 14, 2014

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"great location but poor soundproofing"
Hotel in great location with everything in walking distance, staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast was average recommend going early before cold. Walls are not soundproof and we had a group staying in the next room who were very loud and hard to sleep with.
1 night romance trip Mar 2, 2016
"Average but adequate, no bad surprises"
Was there 2 nights on a business trip in September 2015. Efficient booking through Hotels.com a few days before. The late check-in (announced before) went smooth; I even got an upgrade from a ‘Suite’ to the ‘Studio’. The living room/kitchen was spacious, but the kitchen had hardly any equipment, just a micro-wave, but no cooker, no utensils – which didn’t bother me as I didn’t need a kitchen. Large fridge with freezer section. Small windows without much of view. Bedroom was fairly small, bathroom really small, but both were adequate. The first night the sheets showed stains, but no hairs or bugs. The second night the new sheets were OK. Bathroom and bathroom linen clean, no hairs, just plain average. Complete set of amenities. Two air-conditioners kept the rooms really cool (down to 21 degrees Celsius), and were not too noisy. Networked desktop computer in the living room, huge flat screen HD TV in the bedroom, WiFi everywhere, but weak and interrupted. The ‘Studio’ was on the top-floor (8th floor I believe), but the lift only goes to the floor below. Staff friendly and helpful (dragged my bags up and down the last floor), and fairly proficient in English. Breakfast good, mostly Asian fair, but excellent baguettes and fair coffee (for Vietnam). The location is OK, a bit far from the popular hang-outs in District 1, but still with plenty of restaurants, cafes, etc., around it, including several small grocery shops, some 24/7. Easy to get a taxi (and staff will help).
2 night business trip Sep 24, 2015
Bas
"Good breakfast"
Location- far from Cbd. If hotel can give instructions in Vietnamese will be helpful for people who wants to go on their own. Difficulty in communications. Reasonable in airport transfers- compare to Ruby Hotel. Ruby charges twice the amount.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
hock
MY
"Needs An Update"
This hotel was a decent place to stay, the front desk was helpful and had no problems calling me a taxi whenever I needed one. The location was great; very close to all the major attractions. They were able to arrange a tour for me to go to on. Unfortunately, the hotel itself was a bit of a let down. The king sized bed was actually two mattresses together, which made for an uncomfortable gap in the middle. The bathroom was incredibly small. I had to open the door, walk in, and then close the door to use the toilet. My room was on the 8th floor, which isn't bad except the elevator only goes to the 7th floor. This hotel also needs to upgrade to a keycard - using a physical key and having to turn it multiple times to lock and unlock my door was annoying. The housekeeping was also spotty. I would get new sheets and towels, but any empty containers I had that were not in the trash can were not taken out. The bathroom sink was also not cleaned as water stains from my toothbrush were evident. Not the best hotel I have ever stayed at, but not quite the worst.
4 night trip Dec 31, 2014
Travis
"The neighborhood is very noisy and inconvenience."
The neighborhood is very noisy and inconvenience..and the WIFI is very slow and sometime even not working
2 night business trip Jan 2, 2015
"I like the service of this hotel."
Is good for me to stay for a night as I have a early flight early morning. The staff are friendy. But room a bit small. Overall is good.
1 night trip Jan 5, 2015
SG
"A Pleasant Stay"
We had a pleasant stay at the Thien Thao hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms met our expectations just fine.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"noisy bedsheets bad bad stinky"
service okay. sheets terrible, thin old sheets. bed terrible,bed hard.very noisy room--window didn't fit well--noise from outside. moved me to a quieter room with old. carpet, room smelled.common areas ok. unless you get a very good price you could probably do better another hotel
1 night trip Dec 6, 2014
"Extremely pleasant stay just beyond city centre"
First, about the hotel itself. It was an extremely comfortable and pleasant stay. The hotel is a little tired and scruffy in slightly out of sight places (window frames, towel racks) but that didn't deter from the stay itself. It had all amenities and facilities, and I was happy to discover that there was a bathroom and change facilities with shower for guests who had already checked out. I really enjoyed the location as well. It was about a 3-4AUD max taxi trip from the middle of the city, in an area brimming with street food stalls, home cooking and even newer restaurants. There are at least several streets full of local shopping just off where the hotel is located. I think that the service was my favourite part. Everything was quickly followed up and investigated, from missing laundry to the best contact lens seller. I would definitely recommend and return on the next trip.
4 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
ATAN
"it's ok"
พนักงานที่ให้บริการเป็นกันเองดี คอยให้ความช่วยเหลือถือว่าโอเคครับ
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Very nice small hotel"
Very nice hotel - real family atmosphere. Staff are very good. They say that it's a 'home from home' and that's correct. Ideally located for seeing Saigon. Hotel offers tour information to guests also. TV could have more English language stations but that didn't create a problem because I was out sightseeing most of the time. Great restaurants across the road - just take care crossing due to all the mopeds.
2 night trip May 17, 2014
"great hotel, great service, didn't love the area"
The room was really comfortable, the staff were really friendly and helpful - allowed us early check in and even hailed taxis for us. Only problem is that we didn't love the area but outside district 1 nothing is as nice but for the price this hotel is absolutely lovely. We referred to it as our "safehaven" from the madness that are the streets outside! If you're staying here I recommend it highly
4 night trip Mar 6, 2014
thegales
"Noisy location but staff great"
Thien Thao Hotel, Ho Chi Minh Overall: Small room and simple Location: On a busy road with a theatre opposite that played quite loud music. A supermarket  and cinema 15 min walk away. Transport: The most trusted taxi company is Mailinh group which only the locals use. From the airport, the Mailinh Group attendants will help you flag one down (they are in green uniform). Use smaller vehicles when possible as it would be cheaper than lager ones. Other taxi companies serve the airport and will charge alot more for smarter cars. Cost from airport cost us 130,000 dong. Staff: Very fluent english speaking receptionist.   Accessibility: Lifts to rooms Cleanliness: Wall in room needs a wallpaper change and the bathroom grout needs to be re-done. Bedsheets did not smell very nice and the room has a lingering smokers air. Bathroom has a bath tub and shower had good pressure.  Decor: Cream and brown theme and somewhat dated in its appeal but cosy enough in the small space. Wifi: On third floor, the signal was excellent. Freebies: bottled water. Breakfast: none requested Leisure facilities: none
2 night family trip Nov 25, 2013
Theresa
"Great hotel, little far out but great value for £."
Really enjoyed our stay here, the hotel staff were extremely helpful, not pushy in sales but make lots of helpful suggestions and know the area well. We found it preferable to walk when we could to the main sites in Saigon, and this hotel is a little far out, but it's the value for money that is more important here, the hotels (big names) are MUCH more expensive and we heard bad things about other similar price bracket hotels closer to the centre, e.g. The market, so we were happy with our choice. If you are asking for pick up, ask can they book a sky taxi for you $9, rather than the hotel car $20. The only thing, watch where you put your laundry bag, the maid mistakenly took my laundry bag; destined for home, and was about to send it to the off-site laundry, luckily I came back from a day out and intercepted beforehand. I'd left the bag, on the bed, so they did think they were being helpful. Other than that, great hotel.
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
Sean
"Excellent staff"
The day before we left we asked the receptionist where could we book a bus or train to mui ne and she rang and found out the times, booked the time which we wanted and sent someone to collect the tickets for us. The security at the front of the hotel was very polite and helpful with directions and flagging down taxis if needed. The rooms were very clean and quite spacious. There is only 2 minor draw backs. First was our room faced onto the road which was noisy. The second is we booked a city tour through the hotel which wasn't the best. The guide didn't seem to know much about the places where we visited. So I'd recommend to organise your own tour and try to get a room away from the road
3 night romance trip Nov 4, 2013
Gman
"Lovely Hotel with Excellent Service"
I stayed at this Hotel for 4 nights, and was delighted by the experience. The Hotel is surrounded by plenty of shopping and restaurant opportunities, and is an easy taxi ride to most of the tourist sites in HCMC. My stay included a good buffet breakfast each morning, with a lovely selection of both cooked and cold dishes, cereal, fruit, juices and tea/coffee. All the staff were so delightful, cheerful and helpful, right from the doorman to the receptionists to the restaurant staff and the room attendants. Nothing was too much trouble - they were so attentive with great attitudes towards the service they provide. The receptionists, Kelly and Michelle, were fluent in english (a great help for an Australian like me) and provided exceptional service in translating language for me, arranging sightseeing, and suggesting shopping, entertainment and dining experiences. I would most certainly recommend this Hotel as an essential component of a memorable HCMC holiday.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
Daryl
"Outstanding!"
I highly recommend this hotel. Excellent location, incredible service and reasonable rates. HCMC is a chaotic place and Thien Thau was an oasis of calm.
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Great place to stay, 5 min walk from center HCMC."
I stayed here for 5 nights. Room was spaciuos as adverticed, good wifi and room was cleaned every day, fresh towels and complementary bottles of water included. Breakfast is a basic but tasty buffet with both vietnamese style and european style food, fruit and drinks. I stayed here for Christmas as well, so they organised a free Chrismass Buffet for all guests. All staff, cleaning, at breakfast buffet and reception are all very friendly.
Other trip Dec 29, 2015
NL
"窓をなんとか!"
窓がしっかり閉まらずガムテープで止まっていて日中はうるさくて少し不快でした!402号室に泊まる場合になったらチェンジしてもらった方がいいです!
1 night trip Sep 26, 2015
nobuoki
JP
"당신은 큰돈을 들이지 않았으니 큰 기대는 하지마시고 편안한 잠은 보장"
큰 기대를 하고 간다면 좌절 기대 없이 간다면 서프라이즈~ 남자 두명이서 저가 호텔을 알아보고 들어갔음. 깨끗하고 와이파이 가능하고 샤워시설 에어컨 잘되어 있음. 호치민 여행 5일중 2박3일을 예약을 했는데 일정이 바뀌어 예약 날짜를 바꿔달라고 했더니 아무런 charge없이 바꾸어 주었음
2 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
BOKYUNG
"スタッフの対応がとてもよかった。"
スタッフの皆さんの笑顔が素敵なホテルでした。ちょっと無茶なお願いをしたときも快く受けていただいて。また訪れるならこのホテルを利用したいです。
しんくんママ
JP
"Good service for low budget"
Very nice people. Clean room, everything worked. I defiantly come back in a month. Thanks for the nice stay.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Claus
"Trevlig personal"
Personalen på hotellet var ytterst vänliga och hjälpsamma. Rummet var lite slitet men helt okej. Ligger i ett mindre "turistigt" område men det tar max 15min att gå till backpackerdistrikt.
2 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
대부분 좋으나 시내에서 다소 먼거리가 흠
3 night trip Oct 22, 2014
씨에스장
"服务不错,价格公道"
酒店位置很不错,步行到一个比较大的超市只需要10分钟。酒店房间不是特别大,但是设施比较的齐全,还有烧水壶,可以自己冲咖啡喝。酒店预约送机160.000VND(7.5刀)。
1 night trip Oct 6, 2014
simondai
CN
"훌륭한 서비스"
전반적인 서비스가 좋았으며, 일하는 직원들의 친절함이 너무 좋았습니다.
4 night trip Aug 11, 2014
한창완
"Trevligt"
Mycket trevlig personal, men lite slitet hotell. Dock prisvärt, så man kan egentligen inte klaga.
5 night trip Jul 29, 2014
SE
"Albergo fuori centro"
Ottimo rapporto qualità prezzo, albergo fuori dal centro, 10 min di taxi colazione scadente
Other trip May 8, 2014
Fra
IT
"Nhìn chung ok"
Tốt
3 night family trip Apr 22, 2014
Tran nhu ngoc
VN
"Tolles, sauberes Hotel für einen günstigen Preis"
Wir waren für insgesamt fünf Nächte in dem Hotel und es hat uns sehr gut gefallen. Wir fanden ein absolut kompetentes und freundliches Hotelpersonal vor, welches sich für uns eingesetzt hat. Wir haben dieses Hotel als Anlaufstation genutzt, sodass wir unser Teilgepäck mehrere Tage problemlos in diesem Hotel zurücklassen konnten. Die Zimmer waren sauber und gepflegt. Mehr kann man für ein 2-3 Sterne Hotel absolut nicht erwarten. Immer wieder gerne!!
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Christina
DE
"Hele goeie kwaliteit voor die prijs"
20 minuten lopen van het centrum dat helemaal waard
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
herman
NL
"Climatisation de la chambre hors controle"
Environ de restos tres variés ,service et propreté de l'hotel est Ok ,Sauf sur trois nuits j'ai du telephoner 2 fois pour que la reception mettere en route la clim ,apres 2 heure du matin il coupe la clim et puis il oublie de remettre Pour un 3 stars c'est pas admissible
3 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2013
BE
"住的还行"
位置不错,WI-FI信号特好,满意!
2 night business trip Nov 27, 2013
CN
Ich war zum 1sten Mal in Vietnam und verbrachte nach meinem Flug auch die 1ste Nacht in diesem Hotel. Nach meinem Relaxurlaub in Mui Nee verbrachte ich nochmals 4 Nächte hier. Das Preis - Leistungsverhältnis für ein 2 Sternehotel ist ausgesprochen gut, der Service und die Hilfsbereitschaft des Personals, vor allem der 2 Mädels Michelle und Kelly an der Reception ist absolute Spitzenklasse.Ich kann das Hotel nur weiterempfehlen, auch wenn es dort etwas lauter ist, da es an einer Hauptverkehrsstrasse liegt. Zimmer zur Strassenseite würde ich lärmempfindlichen Personen allerdings nicht empfehlen.
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
DE
"Für 2 Sterne ein gut ausgerüstetes Haus,kleine Feh"
Ich war in der preiwertesten Kategorie von Zimmern im Hotel. Alles Zimmer mit hohen Lärm von der Strasse. Höhere Kategorie, besser Zimmer nach hinten. Fenster repariert und die Klimanlagen neu Filter einbauen und die Luftwege reinigen (leute alle riechen). Dann wer es ein perfektes zwei Sterne Hotel. Das Personal und der zugehörige Service ist spitze.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
Deutsch
DE
"Tutto ottimo tranne posizione"
Tutto ottimo, colazione, personale, camere. Esclusa la posizione almeno a 2km dal centro vero.
3 night trip Apr 26, 2013