All hotels in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
1 room, 2 adults
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here89 Cao Thang street, 3 Ward, 3 District, Ho Chi Minh City, 70000, Vietnam, ‏‎800-491-6126
Best Price GuaranteeBest Price Guarantee on hotel bookings. If you find a better price on exactly the same stay elsewhere we’ll match it
4.0 / 5Excellent

Score breakdown (from 70 reviews)

Average rating for:

  • Cleanliness
    4.1
  • Service
    4.4
  • Comfort
    4.0
  • Condition
    3.9
  • Neighborhood
    3.7

The following reviews were posted by hotels.com guests from other countries:

5.0 / 5Outstanding
"Tolles, sauberes Hotel für einen günstigen Preis"
  • Cleanliness
    5.0
  • Service
    5.0
  • Comfort
    5.0
  • Condition
    4.0
  • Neighborhood
    -
Wir waren für insgesamt fünf Nächte in dem Hotel und es hat uns sehr gut gefallen. Wir fanden ein absolut kompetentes und freundliches Hotelpersonal vor, welches sich für uns eingesetzt hat. Wir haben dieses Hotel als Anlaufstation genutzt, sodass wir unser Teilgepäck mehrere Tage problemlos in diesem Hotel zurücklassen konnten. Die Zimmer waren sauber und gepflegt. Mehr kann man für ein 2-3 Sterne Hotel absolut nicht erwarten. Immer wieder gerne!!
Genuine Expedia guest review
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Christina
DE
5.0 / 5Outstanding
"Hele goeie kwaliteit voor die prijs"
  • Cleanliness
    5.0
  • Service
    5.0
  • Comfort
    5.0
  • Condition
    5.0
  • Neighborhood
    -
20 minuten lopen van het centrum dat helemaal waard
Genuine Expedia guest review
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
herman
NL
3.0 / 5Good
"Climatisation de la chambre hors controle"
  • Cleanliness
    3.0
  • Service
    3.0
  • Comfort
    3.0
  • Condition
    3.0
  • Neighborhood
    4.0
Environ de restos tres variés ,service et propreté de l'hotel est Ok ,Sauf sur trois nuits j'ai du telephoner 2 fois pour que la reception mettere en route la clim ,apres 2 heure du matin il coupe la clim et puis il oublie de remettre Pour un 3 stars c'est pas admissible
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
3 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2013
A Traveler
BE
4.0 / 5Excellent
"住的还行"
  • Cleanliness
    4.0
  • Service
    4.0
  • Comfort
    4.0
  • Condition
    4.0
  • Neighborhood
    4.0
位置不错,WI-FI信号特好,满意!
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
2 night business trip Nov 27, 2013
A Traveler
CN
4.0 / 5Excellent
"Für 2 Sterne ein gut ausgerüstetes Haus,kleine Feh"
  • Cleanliness
    4.0
  • Service
    4.0
  • Comfort
    3.0
  • Condition
    3.0
  • Neighborhood
    -
Ich war in der preiwertesten Kategorie von Zimmern im Hotel. Alles Zimmer mit hohen Lärm von der Strasse. Höhere Kategorie, besser Zimmer nach hinten. Fenster repariert und die Klimanlagen neu Filter einbauen und die Luftwege reinigen (leute alle riechen). Dann wer es ein perfektes zwei Sterne Hotel. Das Personal und der zugehörige Service ist spitze.
Genuine Expedia guest review
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
Deutsch
DE
5.0 / 5Outstanding
"Tutto ottimo tranne posizione"
  • Cleanliness
    5.0
  • Service
    5.0
  • Comfort
    5.0
  • Condition
    5.0
  • Neighborhood
    3.0
Tutto ottimo, colazione, personale, camere. Esclusa la posizione almeno a 2km dal centro vero.
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
3 night trip Apr 26, 2013
riccardo
IT
4.0 / 5Excellent
"Хороший отель"
  • Cleanliness
    5.0
  • Service
    4.0
  • Comfort
    4.0
  • Condition
    4.0
  • Neighborhood
    2.0
Мы остановились в этом отеле, на одни сутки с 15.03.13-16.03.13 т.к. нам нужно было переночевать после перелета и на следующий день опять нужно было в аэропорт для дальнейшего путешествия. Удаленность от аэропорта по расстоянию не помню, но на такси ехать 7-10 минут. За скромную плату... номером остались довольны, плазма, кондционер, 2-х спальная кровать, фен и т.д..... все ОК.
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night trip Mar 15, 2013
Станислав
RU
4.0 / 5Excellent
"Very good place to stay. Excellent AC, good refri."
  • Cleanliness
    3.0
  • Service
    4.0
  • Comfort
    3.0
  • Condition
    3.0
  • Neighborhood
    4.0
Strong, hot water, clean room, but there are also some imperfections like the noise from the construction nearby can easily pass through your windows. Small room, windows facing the side buildings , so you cannot have the view of the front street. I rent the superior room. They should give me the best view possible
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
Family trip Mar 11, 2013
Family
VN
5.0 / 5Outstanding
"perfekt lille hotel"
  • Cleanliness
    5.0
  • Service
    5.0
  • Comfort
    5.0
  • Condition
    5.0
  • Neighborhood
    4.0
Fin beliggenhed, dog ikke i centrum (district 1). Sødt personale, fin morgenmad og pæne, rene værelser
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night trip Jan 9, 2013
Sofie
DK
4.0 / 5Excellent
"Très bien situé. Possibilité de visite à pied"
  • Cleanliness
    4.0
  • Service
    4.0
  • Comfort
    5.0
  • Condition
    4.0
  • Neighborhood
    4.0
Chambre propre. Qualité prix très intéressant. Situé au centre
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
2 night trip Dec 4, 2012
jean
FR
4.0 / 5Excellent
"快適"
  • Cleanliness
    3.0
  • Service
    3.0
  • Comfort
    4.0
  • Condition
    3.0
  • Neighborhood
    -
日本のツアーの観光客と中国の観光客が大半でした。 設備もきれいで快適に過ごせます。 徒歩でコープマートまで15分、デタム通りまで30分くらいでした。 部屋にはドライヤーは設置されていないので注意が必要です。
Genuine Expedia guest review
Other trip Sep 28, 2012
kei
JP
3.0 / 5Good
"무난한 선택"
  • Cleanliness
    3.0
  • Service
    3.0
  • Comfort
    3.0
  • Condition
    3.0
  • Neighborhood
    3.0
가격대비 무난한 선택이었습니다. 밤비행기로 도착한지라 잠만 자면 되는 상황이었고 저렴한 가격덕분에 잘 쉬었습니다. 리셉션과 모든 직원들이 친절해서 좋았습니다.
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2012
A Traveler
KR
4.0 / 5Excellent
  • Cleanliness
    5.0
  • Service
    5.0
  • Comfort
    5.0
  • Condition
    5.0
  • Neighborhood
    5.0
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
2 night trip Oct 30, 2013
Henry
US
4.0 / 5Excellent
  • Cleanliness
    4.0
  • Service
    5.0
  • Comfort
    5.0
  • Condition
    4.0
  • Neighborhood
    5.0
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
2 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
dean
AU
3.0 / 5Good
  • Cleanliness
    4.0
  • Service
    4.0
  • Comfort
    3.0
  • Condition
    4.0
  • Neighborhood
    4.0
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
2 night trip Jan 27, 2014
A Traveler
AS
4.0 / 5Excellent
  • Cleanliness
    4.0
  • Service
    4.0
  • Comfort
    4.0
  • Condition
    4.0
  • Neighborhood
    4.0
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
1 night trip with friends Jan 6, 2014
A Traveler
AU
5.0 / 5Outstanding
  • Cleanliness
    5.0
  • Service
    5.0
  • Comfort
    5.0
  • Condition
    5.0
  • Neighborhood
    4.0
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
3 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
MinWook
KR
4.0 / 5Excellent
  • Cleanliness
    5.0
  • Service
    5.0
  • Comfort
    3.0
  • Condition
    4.0
  • Neighborhood
    4.0
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
2 night business trip Oct 18, 2013
高雄
HK
3.0 / 5Good
  • Cleanliness
    3.0
  • Service
    3.0
  • Comfort
    4.0
  • Condition
    3.0
  • Neighborhood
    4.0
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2013
A Traveler
NO
4.0 / 5Excellent
  • Cleanliness
    4.0
  • Service
    5.0
  • Comfort
    4.0
  • Condition
    5.0
  • Neighborhood
    4.0
Genuine Hotels.com guest review
3 night trip Dec 24, 2012
A Traveler
DE

TripAdvisor reviews for Thien Thao Hotel Ho Chi Minh City

Overall rating:Based on 280 traveler reviews

Most recent traveler reviews:

Overall Rating
"High service hotel. So helpful."
04/22/15 Ross M
The location of the Thien Thao hotel is a little ways from the main attractions of Ho Chi Minh City, so we ended up taking a taxi everywhere we went. However, this place had some of the best service. From the moment they picked us up at the airport, we were impressed with the service. The hotel booked our tours, made reservations at massages, the water puppets show, and called around town to find us a dinnre cruise on the river. We stayed for several days, and got to know the staff pretty well. They were so friendly and helpful. The wifi was a little spotty. The AC was such that I always woke up cold. Breakfast was included and was plentiful. We had pho for breakfast everyday! Occasionally, we would relax by playing pinochle in the lobby. They were intrigued at our game, which was fun to try to explain (it's hard enough to explain in English, without the language barrier) Highly recommended!
Overall Rating
"Great place for vacation"
03/18/15 michael p Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
I have stayed at a few hotels in Ho Chi Minh, your hotel is the best of all. The hotel is located in a perfect location for tourists.The hotel staffs are amazing. They provide fast, friendly, and professional services. They always make sure us to enjoy our stay.
Overall Rating
"Ok for the price paid"
03/11/15 Linzi432 England, United Kingdom
This hotel did represent good value for money for the 3 days I stayed. There was free internet in the rooms, free bottled water, and also good amenities such as kettle, fridge and hairdryer. The rooms were a little outdated and could do with a freshen up. They were however very clean and the beds comfortable. We had a room facing the street, which did mean that it was quite noisy due to the outside traffic and people outside with music playing etc. this hotel is in quite a good location for the city and we mansged to walk to see everything that we wanted to during the stay. The reception staff had a very basic grasp of English, making a couple of things difficult, but they tried, upon check-out at around 4am, I went down to find the night receptionist asleep on the sofas in the lobby, this didn't look very professional. I would stay here again if visiting as for the time spent here it was fine.
Overall Rating
"Value for money,clean room,great place to stay but need some touch up and sound proofing."
02/08/15 MrNiceGuyIsaac Melaka, Malaysia
Visited HCM on Feb '15. But before arrival, I made some mistake on the booking of twin bed room instead of double room. A few emails sent to the Hotel and had my problem solved by change of room without any cost. Thank you Mr. Kevin Nguyen of Thien Thao Hotel. We had a 4D3N stay from 3/2-6/2. The location of the hotel is very convenient. We can reach to most of the places of interested with just a short taxi ride of costing you around 50,000 vnd (metered taxi either Mai Linh or Vinasun). You can find many street food within walking distance in fact there are many just downstair. The room was clean, but need some touch up on the wall especially in the bathroom ceiling. Overall, it's clean without any weird smell. Room is a bit small but we have got everything we need in the room including hotel amenities. Hotel with a lift. No problem for elderly. Checking in was smooth, the bell boy and the front desk was very friendly and helpful. We had a double bed room facing the street. Nice view but a little bit noisy. They should improve their sound proofing of the windows at least. During the evening, loud music across the road shoplot but it will stop before midnight. Breakfast was OK, nothing special but adequate. I love their bacon :) But they need to improve their housekeeping as I notice they did not replenish my toilet paper and didn't change the cup in the toilet for the brushing. The housekeeping just replenish the drinking water, hotel amenities and tea bag. I am impressed with the service of the bell boy where they will even assist you to talk to the taxi driver of the place where you want to go and open the door for you whenever the taxi reach their hotel. I have nothing to complain on the hotel except they need to improve their housekeeping service and sound proofing of their windows as street noise was too loud. Overall, I had a great experience staying in this hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friend, value for money and great location. A friendly note for those who like craving in the middle of the night, you have gotta buy something back to hotel else you will end up having a hungry night. The room service until midnight but they won't send to you for single order. Street food and stalls close around midnight and there are hardly any 24 hours convenience store around, there are one where you need to make some walking. Finally, cost for an airport taxi from Hotel to Airport is just 160,000 vnd and I would recommend using airport taxi instead of metered as you may pay more if you stuck in the jam. Isaac - Malaysia.
Overall Rating
"Value for money"
02/01/15 Catherine L
Visited HCM in Dec with my sister. 4D3N stay. We arranged for airport transfer as our flight was late in the night. The guy who picked us up (if not mistaken his name was Hoang) was there waiting for us. He was courteous and very friendly even though his English was limited. Upon arrival at the frontdesk it was almost midnight but we were greeted by the staff very warmly and they were very accommodative. Check-in was quick and soon we were in our cosy room. Ample space. There was a fruit basket waiting for us as well. They helped us book tours and that was also very nice. When we needed extra pillows it was sent to us immediately. Breakfast was also a good experience. No shock to the stomach. They also gave good tips on which cab company to take as a tourist. Getting around was easy. Overall experience was pleasant. Comfy lil place. True to their tagline. Home away from home. It's no 4 or 5 star hotel but then they never claimed to be. Will definitely recommend to family and friends.
Overall Rating
"Great hotel for the price and service"
01/28/15 Luong H
I stayed at Thien Thao hotel from Dec 06 till Jan 02, 2015 on and off. The location is great, very convenient to go to the main attractions. You can find many good restaurants just by walking distance. The room might need some updates and the bathroom is a bit small to my taste; but it's clean and functional. The breakfast is a plus with some varieties. I'm very impressed with the service that all the staff willing to go beyond their duties to accomodate customers' needs. Special thanks to Tung (front desk), Hoang (security) and the prompt service from Kevin (manager). They all made my trip to be memorable. I already recommended this hotel to my friends when they visit Hochiminh city this summer! Luong Ho - Vancouver, Canada
Overall Rating
"Needs An Update"
01/10/15 Travis W Incheon, South Korea
This hotel was a decent place to stay, the front desk was helpful and had no problems calling me a taxi whenever I needed one. The location was great; very close to all the major attractions. They were able to arrange a tour for me to go to on. Unfortunately, the hotel itself was a bit of a let down. The king sized bed was actually two mattresses together, which made for an uncomfortable gap in the middle. The bathroom was incredibly small. I had to open the door, walk in, and then close the door to use the toilet. My room was on the 8th floor, which isn't bad except the elevator only goes to the 7th floor. This hotel also needs to upgrade to a keycard - using a physical key and having to turn it multiple times to lock and unlock my door was annoying. The housekeeping was also spotty. I would get new sheets and towels, but any empty containers I had that were not in the trash can were not taken out. The bathroom sink was also not cleaned as water stains from my toothbrush were evident. Not the best hotel I have ever stayed at, but not quite the worst.
Overall Rating
"Little boutique gem"
01/07/15 cynicgal
Our party of six (4adults & 2kids) stayed at the hotel for four nights over the Christmas period. We were picked up by the hotel transfer service. Kevin, the manager was most helpful and even gave us his contact in case we needed any help. We found the hotel very clean and the staff were so very courteous and helpful. The breakfast provided was pretty good too. There was sufficient variety each day. There hotel is a short taxi ride to all the tourist attractions, which was very cheap. There are also a variety of cafés and restaurants on the same street. Every night the music from the theatre across the road adds to the atmosphere but stops at 845pm. We accidentally left our camera behind, and received a call on our mobile when we were at the airport. One of the hotel staff travelled all the way to the airport to return the camera to us. We are so thankful and impressed that they have clearly gone above and beyond their duty! Would definitely return to Thien Thao. Thank for making our visit to Vietnam such an amazing one.
Overall Rating
"Great Location and Staff"
12/14/14 peggy s England, United Kingdom
I have stayed at this hotel in 2010 and November 2014 with friends and family. I love the location. A cab is less than $2.00 to get to the main streets, but I found that this time, I like to walk it because you get to see so much more of the city. The rooms and hotel is super clean. The entire staff including housekeeping, security and front desk people are all helpful and friendly. The manager is awesome and keeps a close eye on everything. We arrived a day early in the middle of the night and they took us to another hotel close until we could check in for our reservation. They are very protective of their guests. They help with cabs and other services or places you may want to go. The hotel is very reasonable for all that they provide. One would never expect this type of service in the United States at any price.
Overall Rating
"Good quality hotel for a great price"
11/27/14 FreshprinceofBA Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Had a doubt initially about the hotel and pleasantly surprised when step into the hotel. Clean rooms and great amenities. Very friendly staff from the security to the breakfast room staffs. Located in District 3 and requires transportation to and from the main streets. costs less than $ 2 each time. Enjoyed every moment in the hotel
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect Hotels.com’s position. Neither Hotels.com nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews