All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here616 West Arlington Place, Chicago, IL, 60614, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Friendly hostel"
Nice service, convenient public transportation and good neighborhood.
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Ling-Min, Thank you for your recent review with us. Our team is pleased that you enjoyed your Chicago experience. I hope to greet you the next time you stay with us!
2 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
Ling-Min
"Safe and Comfortable"
Walking distance from many stores, restaurants and bars. Many attractions close by and the hostel even offers discounts to many shows. Safe neighborhood and comfortable rooms.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Zyan
I never thought that this hostel is that good! The Rooms are small, but it is enough space for two ! The bathrooms are ok! Everything seemed to be clean! The included breakfast is awesome! We loves our stay and would recommend it to everyone with a small budget!
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Alexandra, thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so glad that you had a good experience at our facility, and I sincerely hope you come back and stay with us again the next time you are in Chicago.
2 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2014
Alexandra
"Would book again in the future!"
Overall it was a pleasant experience. The beds were comfortable, but very squeaky. Everyone was very polite and respectful, cleaned up after themselves and such. Staff was extremely nice, yet I had to wait 15 minutes for someone to come to the desk when I needed to check out. Cool environment, kinda worried about the neighborhood, but it all turned out well. Would recommend if looking for a cheap place to stay!
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Thank you for your recent review with our property. We hold guest service in the highest regard, so I apologize for your irregular wait time during check out. I hope to greet you the next time you visit Chicago!
1 night trip Nov 22, 2014
"Awesome hostel"
Absolutely awesome - no complaints. Will definitely stay here if I visit again. Clean, comfortable, and everyone there, including guests and staff, were friendly and fun.
3 night trip Nov 14, 2014
The hotel room was small but thats what I was expecting and payed for.
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Greetings! And thank you for leaving us a review. We have different rooms of various types and sizes. Please feel free to preview our full room listing next time you wish to stay with us! Thanks again for your feedback.
"Friendly & helpful staff"
Although hostelling is not our favorite way to travel (I do prefer my own bathroom), it is certainly one of the cheaper ways to travel. We decided to try out the Chicago Getaway Hostel, as it was one train stop south of my son's apartment (just off the Red line Fullerton stop) or a short bus ride on the Clark Street bus (stop is closer to the hostel). We didn't expect much and the long trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night weren't fun, but we were pleasantly surprised by the friendly and helpful staff at the hostel. The complimentary breakfast was great and offered waffles on one day and scrambled eggs the second day. They always had hot oatmeal, cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, coffee & tea with all the items needed to make a nice breakfast to start the day. There were activities every night (we didn't take advantage of these) and pool, foosball, computers, etc. If we were younger and didn't have our time away planned with our son, this would have been a fun place to stay, too. The beds weren't bad, but not as comfy as a hotel room. The room had the barest of necessities (bed, linens, pillows, desk, chair & lamp. I was glad that I brought my own alarm clock. The bathrooms were always clean, even though the building is old, and the showers were nice. At an average about $70 per night (for two people), this was a bargain in Chicago. I would stay here again!
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. Guest reviews are extremely important to us and we try to evaluate each and every one of them on a daily basis. Guest feedback is crucial to always improving our facility. I hope you come back and stay with us again in the future!
FlyinLo
"quick chicago weekend"
room was clean. community bathrooms were pretty clean except for drains in shower stalls (reminded me of campground shower stalls). mattress was surprisingly comfy. common areas and hallways could have been cleaner. this was our first stay at a hostel so nothing to compare it to.
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Thank you for reviewing our property. We value guest feedback as we are always trying to improve our facility. I hope you come back and have an even better Chicago experience.
faith
"Great for the price"
Friendly staff, warm beds, and good community. Will visit again!
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Thank you for your recent review! Your feedback is much appreciated, and our team is happy you enjoyed your stay.
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
"Chicago Getaway Hostel a Winner"
I LOVED my stay. It was walking distance to my conference at DePaul, a very picturesque walk at that. I was very comfortable, appreciated that breakfast was available, and was very comfortable with my accommodations. I loved that each dorm room had its own bathroom, and appreciated the laundry facilities. I would gladly stay there again.
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Thank you for your wonderful review, I am so glad you found our location was a terrific attribute of our hostel. We really appreciate your kind words and hope to accommodate you again in the future!
3 night business trip Nov 13, 2014
Sherry
"Enjoyable & Social Hostel in Great Location"
First time staying in a hostel in a very long time, and this place was really enjoyable! The staff couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. Great common areas to meet people and interact. Nightly "outings" in the area that staff offers. Etc Etc Etc. Great Place
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Hey David, thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We had a pleasure hosting you! Hope you will be back next time you come to Chicago. Vincent Sassana Reservations Manager
1 night trip Nov 11, 2014
"location location location"
Great location, service and accommodations! Nice big kitchen for guests to use with nice adjacent dining room and TV lounge. The neighborhood is really nice and close to public transportation. Would definitely stay again.
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Thank you for your recent review. We are glad that you were pleased with your stay. I hope we can accommodate you again in the future for an even better Chicago experience.
4 night trip Nov 6, 2014
"A little disappointed"
First time staying at a hostel. Great location, parking available in the back for a fee. Great kitchen area for cooking and preparing your own food along w/ storage areas for everyone to label and keep their food. I thought it was pretty expensive for two people staying for one night on a Thursday. We paid $85ish. We got a bunkbed for a couple. Not very comfortable bed. We could hear people talking on the stoop most of the night and the elevator dinging. The walls weren't very solid and we could hear all the conversations while walking past people's doors. If we were in a large group staying for multiple nights, this may have been more economical.
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Erin, thank you for your recent feedback. We are always trying to improve our facility through guest responses. I sincerely hope we can host you guys again in the future for an overall better Chicago experience.
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
Erin
"looks are deceiving."
It was not what I was expecting. I prefer to have a bathroom in my room not a community bathroom.
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Thanks for reviewing Chicago Getaway Hostel! We are sorry to hear that the room booked didn't meet your expectations. We do offer rooms with private room - please keep this in mind for the future. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.
1 night romance trip Nov 4, 2014
"Leisure and Business Traveler"
My daughter goes to Depaul and I needed an inexpensive hotel room. I stayed in a 2 bunk-bed room. Rooms are clean, wide range of ages staying at the hostel, families to seniors, but mostly 20 somethings. Place is quiet, lobby is large and has some desks if you need to work on laptop. You'll need toiletries (inc. soap and shampoo), towel is provided. You'll also need a padlock as there are lockers (1x1.5x3)in the room for storing valuables. All in all, just fine.
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hostel. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. We would love to accommodate you again in the future!
1 night trip Nov 7, 2014
louis
"This place is great !!!"
Great place to stay for a quick Chicago getaway. Can't wait to see you again.
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Peter, thank you for your review. We would be happy to accommodate you anytime. Thanks again.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"Great experience"
I loved it! I have't had tons of hostel experience, but this one is big, well run and great customer service. Thanks!
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Natalie, thank you for the wonderful feedback- it is great to know you had a wonderful stay. Come back and visit next time you're in Chicago!
2 night trip with friends Oct 29, 2014
Natalie
"Not just for college kids"
Great value in a great location. Rooms are quiet and clean, front desk staff is friendly and helpful, breakfast is decent, WiFi was strong (this is so important!). I was not sure how to obtain clean sheets/towels - the staff could provide better instructions on this - but otherwise, everything was great and very similar to a regular hotel experience if you get a private room (which is still cheaper than area hotels). I've stayed here several times and would do so again.
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. We are happy to know you were impressed with your stay. Thank you again and let us know the next time you come to Chicago.
2 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"Nice hostel, nice neighborhood, pleasant staff"
1. Nice facility, clean and pleasant, comfortable beds, adequate bath/shower area. 2. Great staff! Nice to work with, helpful, and friendly. 3. A fun place, but not crazy loud.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"Quality Service"
Cleanliness, friendly staff, great/safe location. Over all the quality of service is above and beyond.
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
thank you for your wonderful review of our property. We work hard to provide a clean and comfortable environment for our guests. We hope to accommodate you again!
2 night trip Oct 18, 2014
unknown
"Flash back to the past"
Felt like I was back in my dorm. The stay even came with the noise you get in the middle of the night from drunk patrons. For the price, the stay was about what I expected.
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
R WILLIAM
"Awesome Hostel"
I went to Getaway Hostel with my brother to visit Chicago for 4 days. We were expecting something totally different and more like a lot of people, not so clean,....; however, it was extremely clean (we had the two bedroom one toilet in the room), it was kind of quiet (not excessively noise), staff was really friendly and they helped us get directions as well as they provided towels and blankets (as many as we wanted). We did not have to clean and put the sheets away the last day like many other places,...I would totally recommend this hostel. And people there were awesome! Some were playing the piano in the cafeteria!! A really comfortable place to stay!!!
4 night trip Oct 15, 2014
Silvia
"Great Low Cost Hotel in the Chicagoland Area"
Price was great! Provides suggestions of events for guests to go on a daily board. Fun way to meet other guests! Has a pool table, piano, guitar, Wii system with games, huge kitchen Location is in a nice Chicago neighborhood with many restaurants/bars within walking distance and close to downtown Chicago
5 night trip Oct 5, 2014
"Great hostel at a great price!"
The staff was amazingly helpful and the hostel's living areas and kitchen were great. The location was perfect, close to everything we were visiting while there. Will come back again!
2 night trip Oct 1, 2014
"One of a kind"
This place was amazing, never will br dissapointed.. If you are then this place isnt for u.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
Jacourey
"breakfast is good"
good!
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
bo li
"Best hostel in Chicago"
I've stayed here and Hostel Intermational, and the Getaway is much better. The only negative is it's location away from the loop, but it's no reason not to stay here. Especially for a solo traveler like myself it was a great hostel to meet other travelers and the free BBQ was great. I'll be back.
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
"awesome free breakfast!"
I stayed with my family and we had a private room for three - a double bed on bottom and a single bed on top. We need to share bathroom with others but it's clean. Overall, great hotel for a short stay!
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Clean and Helpful"
This was the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed at. The accommodations were top notch and the staff were extremely helpful. Will definitely stay here again.
2 night business trip Aug 24, 2014
I was with a group of 5. We were there for a quick concert/party trip. It was easy, convenient, and inexpensive. I would do it again if I were taking another trip in a similar situation.
2 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2014
Very good experience. The only suggestion would be a better quality breakfast with an additional charge. I stayed here in the 1990's and there is no comparison since the change in ownership and building rehabilitation.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"quaint"
The rooms were small but it was a great place to stay.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"A Terrifying, Horrible Experience"
I booked a private room, 2 nights. On the 2nd night I was woken by 2 strangers--2 men--entering my room: they'd been given keys by the front desk. Frightened and half-naked, I had to fight and push them to get them out, but they continued trying to get into the room w. their keys. After this assault and serious security breach, I immediately called both the front desk & Expedia; I couldn't sleep the rest of the night and left in the early morning. A very disturbing experience: cannot recommend to those who value their safety.
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Greetings: Firstly, let me apologize for this experience. It was an error on the part of the front desk and we cannot apologize enough. When moving your room - we inadvertently didn't move you into the new room in our system; thus resulting in a new guest being checked into your room. The new guests felt very bad for this as well. We accept full responsibility and apologize for this experience. Our goal is for each guest to leave fully satisfied - and certainly in this situation this was no able to occur. We hope that you will give us a second chance in the future. Best regards, Mat Meadows General Manager
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Utopia
"Location was perfect"
we were visiting our daughter around the corner so the location was perfect. In addition, the hostel was clean and everyone who worked there was professional, pleasant and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Blake
"It is hostel not a hotel"
You Have to understand the difference, no TVs or phones in the room, even if you get one with a private bathroom like we did. Only thing I have to complain about it is the first day I did not get my room clean I was never told I needed to ask daily for it. Location is super and everyone is very helpful. If you like to interact with other people this is a good place .
4 night business trip Aug 11, 2014
Mother of four
"Nice hostel colse to Lincoln Park"
Great accomodation if you are looking for some think cheap And you are willing to give up some of the comforts you'd have in a real hotel
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
We stayed at Chicago Getaway Hostel during our son's orientation for DePaul University. It was a short walk from the University and easy to locate. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and cheery. We had a great time talking with other visitors from the U.S. and abroad. If you are used to luxury accommodations, this might not be the place for you, but we found it very pleasant with down-to-earth and friendly co-habitants.
2 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
Beth
"Simple Hostel with All the Basics"
While there's nothing fancy about his hostel it has all the basics you need and even a free (continental) breakfast and free wifi. If you're looking to hang out in your room this is not the right place to stay but why would you stay in your room when visiting a beautiful city like Chicago! The community bathroom's were clean and the showers each have a private changing stall attached. Nice patio on the first floor to relax or eat breakfast. The beds are very basic and probably weren't very comfortable but we were too tired every night to notice.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
The hostel met my needs completely. The only thing I think they need to improve is more clearly marking where the restrooms are (had to ask). Other than that I enjoyed my stay.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
I booked two nights at this hotel , when i got there they told me that im staying in this toom for one night and i have to switch the other night because it was booked for other costumers. We had to leave the hotel from 11 am till 3 pm because the other room wasnt ready yet. The only thing they did thay gave me a free one day parking worth $28
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2014
Sam
"perfect!"
This was the first time I was traveling by myself and the first time I tried an hostel. Chicago Getaway Hostel made my vacation unforgettable! The place is really clean and confortable. The stuff is really helpful, they organize something every night, so you can meet other people and have lot of fun!
3 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Cinzia
"I'd do it again"
I really enjoyed my stay! The staff was friendly. The place was very nice. It was kind of hard to get to the parking but having a parking lot is defiantly a plus. The only negative thing I really have is that breakfast was only served till 9. But I am also not a morning persons I that probably doesn't bother a lot of people.
1 night trip with friends Jul 22, 2014
Sara
Very quiet neighborhood, nice place to stay. Very happy with room and very clean.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Close to Wrigley and clean"
Good nights sleep. Accommodating staff. Adaquate breakfast.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Retired
"A 5 ☮☮☮☮☮ Hostel!"
This was my first time at a hostel and I brought my 15 old daughter as we were seeing Billy Joel at Wrigley. After hearing some negative stories about hostelsI I was a little hesitant and worried about safety etc. What a pleasant experience. It was immaculate, easily accessible, and employees one of the friendliest staffs I've ever dealt with. They made my daughter feel welcome and safe. If you need a place to just crash but don't want to pay Chicago hotel fees, this is perfect. Comfy bed, Wi-FI, clean bathrooms no frills, and $120/night….A must see! ☮
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
elise mccoy
"Nice hostel!"
Clean and nice! It is located in the north side of Chicago! It's safe area!
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Hailey
Located in nice, quiet upscale neighborhood. Convenient to DePaul University. Friendly staff. Rooms are spartan but clean and comfortable bed. Nice common kitchen. The politest group of fellow residents made the stay especially nice. The Sunday evening improv outing at The Playground Theater with someone named Haney and then the improv that followed him was not worth going to....even for just $5.00. Everything else was great!
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Hostel nights"
it was nice!
1 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2014
Sam
"Trip to Chicago"
Our hostel was excellent! The staff went out of the way to make sure we had everything and that we knew how to get to where we were going. We were close to food, shopping, train (to get to Cubs game, Field Museum etc.)we were close to buses. We never drove our car until we left from the weekend. Our family highly recommends this facility! We really felt apart of the neighborhood and felt like we were in Chicago!
Response by Chicago Getaway Hostel
Kristi, thank you for taking the time to review our facility. It is great to note you had a terrific stay with us, please come back next time you are in Chicago. Vincent Sassana Reservations Manager
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Kristi
"Surprisingly Fun!"
Never experienced anything like this before. The best way to describe it was like a college dorm and I loved it and the atmosphere. Will do again at this same location!
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014