All hotels in Juan Dolio, Dominican Republic
Avenida Boulevard, Villas del Mar, Juan Dolio, San Pedro de Macoris, 0000, Dominican Republic, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.9
"Mini Honey-Vacation"
TODO EXCELENTE, MENOS EL AIRE ACONDICIONADO QUE NO ENFRIABA BIEN.
3 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
MARLY
"Mission Accomplished"
I was comfortable and was able to relax and write like I wanted to.
5 night trip Jun 22, 2015
Lonnie
"Don't go on weekends"
I was disappointed in the buffet food overcooked and dry not very tasty. The Mexican restaurant was good. Look out for the weekends on Saturday and Sunday they sell day passes and it becomes very overcrowded
3 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
Pixie
"Room on 4th floor - elevator not working."
Made the best of what was there. No breakfast to speak of. restaurant on site with limited menu.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Need to have a better way to get there {sing}"
the hotel overall is in nice location but its need a lots off TLC in the bed bathroom shower is not working NEED THE A BIG FACTOR
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
altagracia harrigan
"Centrally located to places I visited"
My paid reservation at the Albatross was not honored. We were forced to reside at one of their sister hotels. We tried to make the best of the situation but there were many problems. The toilet did not work properly the entire stay. We had to constantly use a plunger to keep it working. Plus the seat had only one screw. No iron and board, no electrical plug in bath room, dim lighting, refrigerator leaked water, and no oven. We had to ask for a microwave.
7 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2014
Lover of DR
Very nice weekend, nice people, friendly, quiet surroundings, very good price.
2 night trip Dec 13, 2013
mario
"Ok for a couple nights"
On the beach but rocky coastline. Hotel going through renervations. Ok stay for the price. But
Other trip Dec 12, 2013
dex
"Bad hotel, horrible room"
I had to return the room key after only ten minutes of my check in, that is how horrible that room was, dingy lighting, the sliding door did not completely close, the beds were hard as a rock, the kitchenette was falling apart, no hangers in the closet and a tv from 1991, depressing place, I almost preferred to sleep in my rented car but I got another room by myself for the night elsewhere, never again. Thank you hotels.com for understanding and for quickly resolving successfully my refund, you are the best and its not your fault, I will keep loyal to you!
8 night trip Nov 10, 2013
Hans P.
"Not the worst but step it up."
I will say that the tv looked tiny not that I watched tv but still I felt like it made the room look cheap. We waited 20 min by the poolside bar with out getting service.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
"Great Patio and Pool area"
Just take your own towels. The ones in the room looked old. However, the place is clean, beautifull. Staff are nice. Price is perfect.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2013
tony
"This was a disappointment for me!"
When we arrived it looked like lots of folks but we didn't realize they were all checking OUT until they were packing up. There was no working elevator and the room I initially had wouldn't lock, the patio doors were broken and i had to request toilet paper. There seemed to be only 3 people working every function of the hotel. Although the staff was friendly, i just think they were just trying to maintain appearances of functionality. I feel bad for the restaurant staff, because the food i did eat on the first night was tasty--they are just cooking for the wrong hotel!…The next day i woke up and showed up as invited for the "continental" breakfast and was totally disappointed with just 2 items and a drink. The power went off once back up to my room and that was it….we had to just go!
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
"nice area but not to busy"
They need to add more variety to their food selection / more entertainment . the atmoshere is dead. The place is clean and the view beautiful. No one speaks english once you pass the front desk. No bueno
7 night family trip Jun 21, 2013
not satisfied
"Poor Service. Outdated Doors"
A random hotel guest was able to open the door to our room with HIS key for a completely different room. He was very confused when he saw us sitting inside, apologized & left. We then spoke to two different hotel clerks at the front desk to have our room cards' codes changed, etc. They seemed to understand, but didn't (we are fluent in Spanish). After explaining three times they finally understood & told us there was nothing they could do. The door lock system was so difficult. We had to swipe our cards multiple times to try and unlock the door. There was no indication of "open" or "error"; no blinking lights or anything. The only part of the hotel I enjoyed the most was the outside bar on the beach, although the bartender didn't seem like she had much experience nor enough ingredients for a drink order. We basically stuck to almost room-temperate beer, with ice. All in all the location and beachside view were pretty nice. Very safe & quiet neighborhood. Beach was beautiful. Would stay here again ONLY as a last resort.
1 night trip May 25, 2013
Cristal
"A good place to stay for a while..."
This property is very nice but it needs to have better access to the ocean beach and not just the pool.
Other trip Apr 19, 2013
Ricardo
"Excellent stay!"
Excellent service and staff.. My only draw back was the low pressure/hot water water. I really enjoy my stay there.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
Willow
"I just spent one night and it was ok to sleep!"
This hotel is ok if you are looking for a bed to sleep!
Other trip Mar 25, 2013
Rafael
very friendly great place to relax.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2013
agustina
"Not such a great experience."
This hotel it's not bad depending on your level of patience, the rooms are good, the view it's great, and the location allows for a quiet vacation. The price is very good as well. The complaint i have it's the reception staff it's terrible. The gentleman that i had to deal with, seems to have his priorities wrong. I went to check in at 4pm and my room was not ready, and since i'm very familiar with the area, i told him that it was ok and that i would come back in about 3 hours.... I came back 4 hours later and my room was still not ready.... But he still proceeded to send me to the room without being ready (They needed to install a new AC in the room). When i got to the room they had boxes of all the components for the new AC in the room. I went back to explain the situation, and i had to wait about 20 minutes while he was having a personal conversation on the phone. I had to go and complain to somebody else and the manager proceeded give me a new room. Another thing, if you are handicap you might be screwed depending in what room they put you in because half the elevators they have don't work. If you are low patience, this might not be the place to stay... Pay a bit more and find another place. If you don't want to spend much money and you are willing to deal with poor customer service, then you'll be ok. I personally will never stay here again.
Other trip Jan 27, 2013
Victor
"bad experience"
No front desk,don't have 24 service restaurant is bad conditions the room looking eagle no phone no cable is a night mare we cancel are reservations we move to other better resort Talanquera. Albatros is not recommended to any one.
Other trip Jan 2, 2013
estrada
"Barking dogs in a resort??? Are you kidding me?"
barking dog in a room above us. complained but did nothing. 15 minutes before hot water comes out, hardly anything comes out of shower head. paint peeling off walls. a/c hardly works. no wash cloths in bathroom. area around resort was disgusting, trash everywhere! these people have no pride in where they live. People working at resort were great, except for at the pool bar, very unfriendly! buy a bottle from Pedro (resort convienience store) and bring your own to the pool.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2012
Don and Josephine
there is a lot of dogs in the hotel barking at the cust. and sleeping in front of the room doors
Business trip Dec 4, 2012
andres
"A nice get away"
I had a great time. I felt very comfortable. Can't wait to go back for Christmas
Other trip Aug 2, 2012
Jarlene B306

"Pathetic"
It was a real nightmare. First of all no assistance with luaggage. Then no water in the room, no lighter for the stove, water all over the floor. I complained and they came and clean the fridge only then. The door handle was default and I complained but had to fix it myself at the end. The room was smelly. The sliding door nearly fall out onto the balcony. The bedsprad was awfull and had holes in it. breakfast was included and when we arrived at 9:10 we were directed to the pool and we only received pathetic toast bread and juice. I complained, but was ingnored. I am really dissapointed in the service and what we got for our money. I will surely not recommen this hotel at all
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2013
Cois
ZA

"Mas o Menos"
Mas o menos, El aire de la habitacion casi no enfria. Ademas los amigos que durmieron en el sofa cama pasaron mucho trabajo por el calor. En la cafeteria no se puede pagar con tarjeta. No ponen nada de musica en el bar. asi que la estancia fue bastante tranquila. Es un lugar para una pareja que solo desee apartarse de todo y no tenga planes de divertirse sino de descanzar.
2 night family trip May 2, 2015
haydee
"n.v.t."
Veel te harde muziek, waardoor rustig lezen onmogelijk wordty gemaakt. Jammer.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
Harry
NL
"Todo muy bien. Un lugar ideal para descansar."
Mi experiencia ha sido muy buena.El personal,los trabajadores son muy amables. La habitación muy amplia ,bien equipada.Lo recomiendo a todos.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
Venette
ES
"Buen servicio en general"
Todo estuvo muy bien, me gusta el hotel, su ubicación, comodos estudios, precioso paisaje
2 night trip with friends Apr 27, 2013
VE
"MEJORAMIENTO DE LA LIMPIEZA DE LA PICINA"
Note que los niños hacen caer comida a la piscina, deberái alguiien estar vigilando que no ocurra y limpiar el agua en la picina.
1 night family trip Mar 31, 2013
Ródano
PE
"affreux"
Hôtel Albatros Club Nous ne vous donnerons pas notre impression, mais nous vous indiquerons des faits pour en tirer vous-même les conclusions. Arrivée ascenseur en panne 2 étages a pieds. Couloir en décrépitude. Chambre charnières d’armoire cassées, portes qui vous tombent sur la tête. Placard plein de moisissures. Plinthe de cuisine arrachée. Pas d’arrivée d’eau. Nous avons refusé les chambres. Devant l’hôtel baignade interdite ce n’est que des rochers. L’hôtel est située a plusieurs Km du village sans aucune commodité au bout d’une voie sans issue entourée de carcasses d’immeubles à l’abandon. Ce n’est pas un avis c’est une constatation que nous pouvons confirmer par photos. De ce fait nous demandons une compensation ! Cordialement M Chesneau M Fumagalli.
6 night family trip Jan 18, 2013
FR

TripAdvisor reviews for Albatros Club Resort

"Wind Wind and more Wind"
05/10/15 SadeNY New York City, New York
I travel all over the world but never have I been to a place where the wind never stops! So ladies, save your money for getting your hair done for this trip! The resort/hotel was not to my taste. Lately timeshare is calling everything a resort. This is a two star hotel/rental. I say 2 stars because the maid did clean and she did work well with what she had to work with; which was very little. The sheet and pillows are paper thin, the towels have a sweet swell but gray from the lack of bleach. The sink/tub/shower is clean but do not shine; again for lack of Ajax or bleach. I was traveling solo but each night I had company. My first night Mr. Roach came to welcome me, I took care of him and didn't tell anyone. Well his whole family came looking all 5 of them one at a time after I had turn in for the night. Well I redressed to go to the front lobby because there is NO phones. I asked for roach stray but got a man who spoke no English to return with me to my room and stray and leave with the can. While he was there not one to be seen before he could get back to the lobby one came out and ran into a bathroom hole. Oh yes I went back down the stairs because the elevator was not working and again he returned with me. This went on most of the night because he refuse to leave the can with me. Next morning I told an English speaking man what happened I beleive he knew a little about it but said he didn't he did gave me the can of stray that night and guess what, In English it said for flying insects it was not for my roach problem. For the rest of my stay I killed off the rest of Mr. Roach family. The pool wasn't clean enough for me, I got in once but didn't swim. The Ocean is beautiful but you can't enter from this property. There is no music or events going on here. The tours are wonderful and they got me though my stay here. I would return but I will stay in one of the nice hotels that I seen. The hotel is ok if you don't expect much.
"My weekend at Albatros Club Resort wasn't bad but..."
05/05/15 MaryPadilla Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
This resort could be so much more... but it isn't, it is a beautiful place with a beautiful landscape in a beautiful location, but it's very run down, the rooms are good for the price but there are things that can be improved, there's no hot water, the water is barely warm, we rented a one bedroom apt with a sofa bed in the living room as there were 4 of us, but there was A/C only in the bedroom, in the livingroom the was not even a ceiling fan, it got really hot at night so we had to move the mattress from the sofa bed to the bedroom so my children could sleep comfortably cool. When we arrived the A/C was not working so my husband went to the reception desk (no phones in the apt) and they said they will send someone, they never did, we asked them several times and they kept saying that the technician was "not available", luckily my husband was able to make it work but they never bothered to send someone to see if everything was OK. The restaurant is not appealing at all, in fact I never saw a soul eating there, we ate outside and there's plenty of choices to eat outside, Juan Dolio is a thriving vacation spot and there's plenty of restaurants, I highly recommend Pekara Bake Shop for the best breakfast you'll ever have, try the french toast and you won't regret it. The beach in front of the hotel is not safe, nice to look at and take pics but the best beach (Hemingway beach) is about less than 1/4 mile away, it is a nice and safe walk and I highly recommend it. On the good side, the resort has a nice pool with a beautiful landscape, the rooms are good for the price (US$80 per night for a one BR apt. for 4 people), it has a tiny kitchen but it is well equipped (we never used it but there's plenty of pots and pans and silverware), it has a small fridge and a nice dining table, plenty of restaurants and mini markets at walking distance, safe parking area. If you are on a budget I would recommend this place, from what I saw with my own eyes in the same prince range it is the best for the money in in Juan Dolio. I gave it a Very Good rating because it is in an excellent location, the hotel itself is beautiful it just need some TLC, they just need to improve the service and be more friendly with their guests, a smile goes a long way... all together we had a wonderful time there, I would definitely go back.
"SO bad..."
02/15/15 Thatduzit Calgary, Canada
Waited 2 hrs for room to be ready - this one looked out onto a garbage dump with people living in it with goats, crying infant and a pig. Elevator broken. We were supposed to be on the 4th floor with ocean view so asked to move. Another 2 hr wait. This one... filthy floor, almost impossible to get patio doors open, couch had 1/2 cushions on it, 1 towel for 2 people for 3 days, propane tank stove - broken, no soap of any kind, rusty cookware, TV unwatchable, super loud staticy music at the pool all day, no phone, no breakfast (there wasn't any food they said). Had lunch and dinner on site - food was great - Lilly the server spoke enough English to be helpful and was very sweet. We were lucky we had 3 rolls of toilet paper in our room - at the daily gathering at the front desk people were hunting for toilet paper and towels every day - all day. "Beach access" was a 12 minute walk through a minefield of garbage and broken glass. After seeing the other resorts we cancelled from this place and went down the road to Costa del Sol and enjoyed the rest of our trip. This whole place is garbage everywhere you look (from the airport all the way - 35 min drive - to the Albatros) and unfriendly locals. The Argentinian and Italian restaurants are wonderful. There is a decent grocery store at the far end of the street, and ladies carrying fresh fruit down the beaches to buy.
"Would not recommend as a place to stay"
11/14/14 Gene C Orlando, Florida
We received a week stay because we attended a 90 minute presentation at Club Wyndham. Because the Albatros is located in D. R. (a place my wife has wanted to take me) checked their web site and we got very excited about the location, what was offered and of course the pictures that were posted. We decided that would be place to go for our 25th anniversary, so we booked the room. Upon our arrival at the airport my wife's brother picked us up and drove us to the hotel. When we left the airport it was dark, which made it hard for him to find the place, even with the directions from their web site & the GPS on his phone. I will say the place looked really nice when you first enter the property, lobby, pool/hot tub area, etc.. Attitude of the staff on duty was excellent. After checking-in is when it went downhill. Our room in the last building, on the 4th floor, elevator was not working & I am disabled. After making it up the stairs I noticed that many doors were left wide open as they were in the process of being remodeled, which brought safety concerns to my mind. The room itself was clean, but outdated, old style TV and A/C that didn't work. Informed the front desk that room was not acceptable. We were informed there was nothing they could do that night, but maybe in the morning. The restaurant manger was there and offered a free meal as an incentive to stay. We declined as we kept telling them I am disabled and that room will not work for us. After spending the night at my Brother-in-Law house we went back and still satisfactory arrangements could not be made. After returning to Florida I went to Wyndham's Corporate Headquarters and told them what the place was like and they seemed indifferent and really didn't care. They did not want my name or phone to follow-up as to what took place or what the actual condition of the property was. Finally, due safety concerns, accessibility for disabled (no place on web site to request/inform them about a disability), distance from Santo Domingo (approximately 1+ hours), and lack of interest at corporate headquarters means I would not return or recommend this place for anybody to stay.
"More like Alba-TRASH!"
07/25/14 ResortReviewerUSA New York
We came to this resort for a week. We walked in and went to our room and our doorknob was broken and hanging from it's hinge. After much confusion and resistance, management gave us a room that had no air conditioning and was filled with tarantulas and crabs. No breakfast was offered. Their website lies! No casino nor spa were present. This resort sucks! Our shower head shot off and knocked out our daughter. We had to rush her to the local hospital and had her treated for a minor concussion. The pool is so dirty you can't see below your neck. The tiki bar offers a wide variety of outdated and spoiled juices accompanied by toast that was so dry, my wife almost choked on it. The restaurant was only open one hour per day and only offered food that was not washed with clean water and completely overpriced. The hallways were overflowing with cockroaches and bags of defecation-filled toilet paper. Everything at the resort is slimy and the patio floors are coated in ants. Our toilet overflowed in the middle of the week and flooded our bathroom. When we told management, they laughed at us in Spanish! The resort has no beach access and we had to walk through an abandoned hotel next door to access the beach's beer bottle and dirty diaper filled shore. Three out of the six nights we stayed at the alba trash, we heard spiritual chanting coming from the abandoned third floor. We also smelled burning hair and heard bloodcurdling screams that night. My children were horrified and cried into my bosom until they fell asleep. The demonic chanting finally stopped, but the nightmares had only begun. My children are currently in therapy for anxiety-related problems that emerged after our stay in this Hell-hole. This resort has destroyed my family and left an ink stain on all of our lives. Please... NEVER STAY HERE!!
"one week stay at the Albatros club Resort"
05/17/14 mdrake58 Atlanta, Georgia
Pros: You have a great view of the ocean. There is a constant breeze blowing. You can hear the ocean hitting the rocks from your room. All rooms have a balcony area where you can sit outside. Nice large pool with many chairs to sit on. It is just deep enough to swim in. It does have a restaurant. All the dishes I had, from ceviche to lobster were very good and reasonably priced. It does have a mini mart. You are not far from the Catalina and Soana isles. I recommend taking one of the trips offered by the local cruise companies. The launch point is in La Romana. I did take the trip to Catalina island. I have a separate review on it. I do commend the entertainment staff, they are energetic and do shows at night Saturday and Sunday, there are also activities throughout the day on the weekends. You are supposed to get a 5 gallon of water free for the first week of your stay. It is 65 pesos per 5 gallon afterward. No smoking on the grounds, but I do see ashtray type stands around the resort. There is a ATM in the middle of the town, 5000.00 rd max at a time Cons: The restaurant only open from 12 to 3 and 7 to 10. It is cash only, no credit cards. The elevator was not working, and I doubt it has for a very long time. It likely went out during a hurricane or tropical storm surge and never recovered. From looking at how none of the rooms are used on the first floor, I feel the construction of the albatross was done before the rule of building with parking in ground level and all rooms on 2nd level and above was in force. Luckily I was on the second floor for the flight of stairs. Wifi and internet connectivity was very intermittent. Sometimes you get it and other times you do not. There is no internet café in the town of Juan Dolio, the closest I saw was Boca Chica, about 30 kilometers down the road. You can get wifi at some of the restaurants in the town. No phones in the room, thought this was kind of wierd. No breakfast at the resort. You do have a few options like the Pa Ka Re bakery and another place called the rabbit. The rabbit is tucked in a small shopping which has a beauty salon. You can find 4 types of breakfast there. The Pa Ka Re bakery has coffee and baked goods like croissants and pastries stuff with egg and sausage. Both are within walking distance, literally across the street from the public entrances to the beach area. Other notes: Finding the Albatross via a gps was challenging. After driving around the general area it seems easier to find it again. The place seems unfinished with different rooms in various stages of readiness and repairs going on during the week. I had a car so hit La Romana, Punta Cana, and Samana areas.
"Needs major renovation and administration"
03/05/14 urbanuniversal New York City, New York
While the staff at Albatros was sweet, kind and willing to help, their hands were tied. The hotel does not have enough employees to address the many problems. When I arrived, my apt's lock was not working and it took them 4 days to fix. This meant, that every time I had to re-enter my room, I had to be escorted. The restaurant owners are sweethearts, but the actual dining area looks like a cheap diner and the food is just ok. There were many problems with my apartment. Both beds squeaked when I sat, lied down and moved in bed. The faucets were faulty. Twice during my week's stay, I had to call hotel staff to shut my shower faucets as they were old and rusty. The toilet did not flush properly and the apt in general had a stale, abandoned look. My, apt, however, had a nice view of pool and ocean. A lot of the hotel's clientele are grumpy, entitled older (mostly )Italians who scream unnecessarily at the sweet staff.
"Bring hazmat suit!"
02/17/14 JenJSF San Francisco
RCI FAIL!! Hilton should be ashamed of themselves for working with RCI!! List of cons ROOM: Power went out 4 of 7 days. Shower barely ran water out of it's disgusting fixtures. Walls filthy! No microwave No pillows No TV Stove broken Uncomfortable, lopsided beds Sheets were see through (not sure if clean) No wifi unless you sit in the lobby. No safe No towels. Had to ask for them, received 1 each for entire week. 1 physical key per room. Had to leave it at front desk when not in the room. Since there was no safe, I had to carry all personal belongings with me. Elevator broken. 4 flights of stairs. List goes on but to sum it up, TERRIBLE & DIDGUSTING! GROUNDS: Pool disgusting. Never once got in. Pool lounge chairs are not clean. Had to request a pool towel. Received one each for the week. Beach not accessible from hotel. Had to walk down to the abandoned hotel next door to get in the water (not safe.) 1 restaurant with 10 menu items. Man & lady that worked there was very nice but you can only eat the same items for a couple days. Each plate was $8-$10 each. 1 mini store with nothing edible to purchase (pointless items since the stove was broken & no microwave.) People live here or rent monthly, it's weird. OPTIONS: There's a couple restaurants walking distance but nothing enjoyable. I ended up buying day passes at the Coral Costa Caribe so we could enjoy our days. $50 each daily to use their pool, beach, food & drinks. Their all inclusive food was decent. Their spa is just ok. They have a casino but never went in so no feedback. Taxi rides here ranged from $8-$12 each way. Price was never the same. List of pros Hmm... Still thinking... I got nothing. RCI let down! My bad, I trusted their choice hotels without researching it myself. Huge mistake!
"Bring hazmat suit!"
02/17/14 JenJSF San Francisco
RCI FAIL!! List of cons ROOM: Power went out 4 of 7 days. Shower barely ran water out of it's disgusting fixtures. Walls filthy! No microwave No pillows No TV Stove broken Uncomfortable, lopsided beds Sheets were see through (not sure if clean) No wifi unless you sit in the lobby. No safe No towels. Had to ask for them, received 1 each for entire week. 1 physical key per room. Had to leave it at front desk when not in the room. Since there was no safe, I had to carry all personal belongings with me. Elevator broken. 4 flights of stairs. List goes on but to sum it up, TERRIBLE & DIDGUSTING! GROUNDS: Pool disgusting. Never once got in. Pool lounge chairs are not clean. Had to request a pool towel. Received one each for the week. Beach not accessible from hotel. Had to walk down to the abandoned hotel next door to get in the water (not safe.) 1 restaurant with 10 menu items. Man & lady that worked there was very nice but you can only eat the same items for a couple days. Each plate was $8-$10 each. 1 mini store with nothing edible to purchase (pointless items since the stove was broken & no microwave.) People live here or rent monthly, it's weird. OPTIONS: There's a couple restaurants walking distance but nothing enjoyable. I ended up buying day passes at the Coral Costa Caribe so we could enjoy our days. $50 each daily to use their pool, beach, food & drinks. Their all inclusive food was decent. Their spa is just ok. They have a casino but never went in so no feedback. Taxi rides here ranged from $8-$12 each way. Price was never the same. List of pros Hmm... Still thinking... I got nothing. RCI let down! My bad, I trusted their choice hotels without researching it myself. Huge mistake!
"Quiet, Clean, with Great Staff"
01/29/14 3chocolateman Georgia
Nice comfortable place to stay that's conveniently located between Santo Domingo and La Romana. Room was very clean and spacious. Staff was excellent. There were some minor room issues but they were resolved very professionally. I had fun and would go again.