All hotels in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
3 Sketty Road, Swansea, Wales, SA2 0EU, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice B&B wish I had been more careful"
First, and this is totally my mistake. This is not a HOTEL. This is a B&B. Had I looked closer at the listing online I would have seen that there were only 9 room and 3 floors. However, the online listing clearly says Alexander Hotel. We had difficulty locating the property as we were expecting to see a hotel. After 3 passes we finally saw the smallish sigh out front. Had difficulty parking, but found a space on the street just down from the "hotel". Hano(?) the owner, met us at the door and checked us in quickly. Next came the hard part - carrying our large suitcases (suitable for a 5 week trip) up to the top floor on a narrow Victorian staircase. We went up to the room to find a small, adequate room for a B&B. The beds were fine and comfortable. The next morning we discovered how wimpy the shower was, and how scratchy the towels were. Be aware, that parking is an issue. We were lucky but according to the owner if we move our vehicle we might have to park a block or more away from the "hotel". We opened the window before going to bed, which was a mistake. The next door neighbor smokes and stands outside his back door to smoke, which was directly below our bedroom window. The breakfast in the morning was made to order, and was fresh and very good. I would stay here again, if I was looking for a B&B. We were in room 5 on the top floor and we paid $133BP or 183E or 163US for the 1 night.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Stephen
"No very happy!"
Did not realize from the pictures that this was a guest house and not a hotel. It was on a very busy street right next to shopping and there was no car park. You had to drive around to find a space on the local roads and then carry suitcases to the hotel. The room was small but ok. The shower was pathetic and you had to run around to get wet. As soon as the people upstairs were up with their child at 6:30 am so was I as you could hear everything. Not good after an over night flight from the USA and a very long day getting to Wales.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Fran
Brilliant welcome, really friendly landlord, clean, homely, felt really comfortable. lovely breakfast too

"Lovely Guesthouse - would stay again"
Friendly staff and clean and well equipped room Parking a bit of a pain have to use side streets Would stay again
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
"Excellent hotel and hosts too match"
Have stayed here a few times before and this was no exception big h and wife are excellent hosts and nothing is too much trouble for them. The rooms are of exceptional standard and very clean and tidy if I am looking for somewhere to stay in the Swansea area this is still my first choice keep up the very good work.
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2015
Rob
"Would recommend."
My partner and I only stayed in the hotel for one night but our experience was great overall. The owners were away at the time of our stay but the lady, Fran, who looking after the hotel was very friendly and helpful. We thought the service was good for the reasonable price we paid for our room and we were very pleased that there was a vegetarian option for breakfast in the morning. Our day started as it meant to go on! The hotel is also close to a variety of shops and cafes. As I will be starting university in Swansea in September, I will be recommending this hotel to friends and family who come to visit.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"A+ for the host"
Delightful and efficient host, good bed, room with a view, very generous breakfast. Busy neighbourhood with a few eateries but where parking might be difficult. Good value for money.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2015
Monique
"Fantastic example of how hotel should be run"
This is a very good example of how a hotel should be run the welcome was great room facilities was fantastic totally faultless if in area again will be first hotel I will look for keep up the good work
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
Rob
"Lovely B&B if this is the area you need"
Very welcoming reception from the owner. Clean comfortable room. Great breakfast. Location on busy road, traffic noise and late night pub goers heard. Parking busy, only option is to find a space on the street. A few shops and eateries nearby but not a great area. 20-25 minutes walk into town.
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
"Family Break"
Lovely helpful couple, great breakfast and service. Not the best area, bags of split open, uncollected rubbish outside local properties for whole of stay. Local shops very handy. Parking less handy, was able to find a space each time, but not always very close to hotel. Dusty smell in room, may be due to dated embossed pattern of wallpaper as cleaning seemed to be done regularly and thoroughly other than this.
1 night family trip May 26, 2015
Andy
"I would stay again"
Owner was really helpful and generally a nice guy. Some really nice places to eat just round the corner too.
1 night business trip May 29, 2015
Julian
"Welcome after a long journey"
I was met by a kindly host who answered my list of questions clearly and immediately made sure that a taxi was booked for the next morning. The breakfast was wonderful. I just enjoyed the hospitality, efficiency and kindness. Thank you.
Other trip May 2, 2015
"Worth it"
Surprisingly cozy and well worth it.
1 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
"One night"
Great place and very friendly, lovely places to eat near by
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
Ian
"Glad to recommend."
Lovely room, clean and comfortable, on a good bus route but quiet. Very friendly proprietor who made us feel welcome. Great value for money.glad to recommend.
2 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
"Beautiful and tasteful surprise"
Came down to Swansea for a business trip at the hospital. Was pleasantly surprised as my experience has varied with independently-owned smaller hotels. This was excellent. The room was large, clean and very comfy - including a bright bathroom! I had a late check-in due to my train times, btu the owners were kind enough to arrange for me to be able to get in without a hitch! They were very friendly and gave me a personal send-off when I checked out. Would definitely stay again next time I am in Swansea!
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
A
"University Open Day"
A great place to stay if visiting Swansea Uni. Lovely room and great breakfast! The freash fruit salad was lovely as was the cooked breakfast that followed!
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Neil
"Lovely hotel"
Stayed one night. Friendly and relaxing. Wonderful breakfast.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
lizzie
"Very good"
This was my second stay at The Alexander for 2 nights. Room was a good size (view over the bay) nicely decorated, clean, and comfy bed. It would have been nice to have feather pillows but perhaps I missed them. Friendly host and his wife's breakfast choice was good although homemade marmalade and freshly ground pepper mill would be a welcome extra. Poached eggs excellent!
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2014
"Good stay..."
Great little hotel with very welcoming staff and nice touches.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
Phil
Very pleasant welcome. Convenient location. Excellent breakfast and service. Recommended.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
D.C.
"Very pleasant host, nothing to much trouble"
Accommodation was very good, but may be needs upgrading to modern styling. Cost was very good, but for the money was great value - breakfast was fab
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
"Very Warm and Welcoming B&B"
A lovely place with very lovely owners. Treated well throughout, made to feel very welcome. Strongly recommend this place to anybody who is visiting Swansea.
2 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
Andy Mac
"Friendly family run hotel"
Lovely stay at The Alexander, very friendly welcome. Room was nicely laid out with all facilities covered. Shower could have done with a bit more umph but didn't take away from the stay. Really great breakfast included in the price!
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Helen
"Very friendly staff and a clean and pleasant hotel"
I was greeted by the hotel owner who was incredibly friendly and helpful at every point. My room was a generous size (room1) and had some nice details like freshly ground coffee in the rooms with fresh milk on request also. Very clean, nice modern decor and a good, comfy mattress. Breakfast was delicious and there was no issue with me ordering my own bespoke breakfast selection. There 's no restaurant or room service so if you're staying alone and don't want to eat out alone, there is a microwave and fridge in the upstairs landing area to whip yourself up something yourself....a nice thought if your watching the budget!
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Lovely welcome by the owner."
Really nice hotel very clean. We had large room at the front only downside was road noise but it did not disturb our nights sleep. Breakfast was excellent with a wide choice. The full English was being tucked into by business men who said it was excellent. I had fresh fruit salad and toast. Recommend this hotel as centrally located for Swansea centre and University.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
We Stayed hear we was going to a wedding. And it was very convieniant for shops and places to eat
Other trip May 30, 2014
diane
"Very pleasant stay"
I stayed for one night for work. I arrived quite late and was met by the very friendly owner who didn't have any issue with me arriving when I did. The room was excellent value for money, spacious, well appointed and clean. The only issue was that the remote for the TV was missing but that was hardly the end of the world. I slept well and there was a good breakfast in the morning. All in all, a pleasant stay and if work takes me back to swansea again I would happily go back.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
Phil
Great hotel, very nice owners, excellent breakfast and very convenient area.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"good value hotel close to University and hospital."
Easy to find. Welcoming proprietor. Recently refurbished bathroom with separate shower. Full supply of toiletries. Quiet despite being on main road. Near a vast number of eating and drinking establishments. Just about walkable into town centre but regular bus services. Sea just down the hill.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
jim
"Nice nice hotel"
Very short stay so did not have much experience. However l must say l liked the environment but didn't like the fact I couldn't sleep a bit longer in the morning cos of the check out time.i also was not able to enjoy the breakfast cos of the timing which was about the time l was rushing to take a bath in order to meet the check out time. It will be very welcome if late check out time is incorporated. Overall I was impressed with the place
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
edote
"Excellent but no parking"
Pleasant B&B with very helpful staff. Though I arrived late (22:50) I was made to feel welcome. The room was a little narrow, but very clean and comfortable.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Will stay again when in Swansea"
I booked the Alexander at short notice not having stayed before but encouraged by the positive reviews. The room I'd booked was a single, but I actually had a triple. It was spacious and comfortable, and the en suite bathroom was everything I needed. Check-in and out was easy, and the staff/owner was both relaxed and helpful. Breakfast was fine, coping with my vegetarian needs with ease. The hotel is on a busy road and there is no parking directly outside, but there is plenty on adjoining side streets. Next time I travel to Swansea my first choice will be the Alexander, and I'll be disappointed if I have to stay elsewhere.
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
"Good hotel to visit Swansea"
Excellent hotel, the manager was very helpful and welcoming. Room was very clean and beds were comfortable. There is a great choice for breakfast. Overall a lovely place to stay and visit Swansea. Parking is a little difficult near the hotel, but there are plenty of spaces in nearby roads.
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
S
"4 Star?!"
Only stay here if you're on a night out in Swansea, and you just need a bed. I don't mean to cause offense, just that it's not suitable for anything more. I guess it's got its 4 star rating as it's got a dressing gown hanging in the wardrobe and a chocolate on the pillow. Shame.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
Excellent Hotel, the owner was more than accommodating and extremely friendly, with excellent facilities, food and décor. The room was a little cramped however and difficult to manoeuvre around in, but not enough to tar the experience, especially for the price!
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
"Excellent Service"
Really pleasant overnight stay. Ideally situated and easy access to university
1 night trip Dec 13, 2013
Nigel
"Good Family run hotel"
Lovely hotel with nice touches.
3 night business trip Dec 9, 2013
A very pleasant stay, and the owner made us very welcome and made every effort to ensure that we had a good stay.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2013
Er123
"Simple and friendly"
Room was comfortable (even oversized for a single traveller). Everyone was very friendly and had a good breakfast the next morning. Booked this before realising that there was no on-site parking available, but managed to find on-street parking nearby.
1 night trip May 25, 2013
"Small room."
Tiny room on top floor. Dorm-like bed. One very small window. Hot & stuffy (no AC). Was supposed to be en-suite but the bathroom is on a different floor. Bath is tiny with little water pressure. Poor parking. Worse yet: there is only one escape route in the event of fire ... Down the main staircase. Nice innkeeper. Substandard accommodations
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
"Very helpful staff in a clean, well-ordered hotel"
Just a pleasant short stay in a welcoming environment. Great value.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"all efforts made"
Stayed for one night in a rear facing room which was a good size. Hotel really makes a great effort with friendly service and little room comforts such as a coffee carafe. Good quality bedding and towels . Enjoyed my stay and would use again.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
ian
"Wish we'd booked another night"
To be honest we hadnt had the best recommendation to visit swansea but thought it would be a good place to start our few days holiday in wales. Very pleased to say we loved our stay at the alexander and its surrounds. We were in desperate need of a laundromat and 3 doors down is the best one wed ever used. Great start, and got better with a fabulous vietnamese meal over the road. Easy bus trip into city centre and very lovely helpful lady at the tourist information centre. Wish we had another night but was booked out, understandably. Lovely host, comfy clean room and great breaky. Highly recommend.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
sue
"Pleasant stay"
Very good for a B and B. Our past experiences have left us a little cold towards them, so this was a pleasant surprise. Parking a little problem, altho was available within a few hundred meters. The owner was very unobtrusive, willing to help where possible and friendly. Breakfast very good, and hard to fault.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
Bruce and Barb
"Fantastic service and value"
Excellent small hotel/guest house - lot of attention to detail and very well ran establishment. Plenty of on-street parking nearby. I usually stay in chain hotels when I don't know the area as it can be hit and miss with these smaller independent hotels, but this was great - would definately stay here again.
1 night business trip Jun 6, 2013
"great host and excellent views"
Had a lovely one night stay on our trip around the UK. Laundromat nice and close and Verve Restaurant well worth a mention. Room was spacious and had a lovely view. Hot was extremely friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2013
J and V
Overall a nice Hotel, reasonably priced with a lovely breakfast. Friendly staff and I would stay again without question.
1 night trip May 21, 2013
Ollie
"dont hesitate to book"
very welcoming hotel, ideally located, rooms large and breakfast quality, cant fault and will be using again next time im working in the area.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2013
kevind
"nice room, good service, also location"
the hotel is close to the upland post office bus stop, where you can catch the 108 bus to the Rhossili beach.
1 night trip Apr 6, 2013