All hotels in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

• Value for money
    Breakfast is average
    Ordinary amenities
    Room is all right
Exactly what we needed. Was attending family function and was located within 10 minutes walk.
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2016
"Bed bugs"
Cheap place but as the saying goes you get what you pay for. No frills. It's an old dormitory. Bed has bed bugs or fees or both. Woke up to bits on legs and arms. Someone else here commented the same. Hair on the bathroom floors. Please good for students I suppose. But won't be staying there again.
1 night business trip Jan 9, 2016
"Satisfactory"
High price you pay if your are by yourself. They only offer double rooms. Very clean rooms, but not much of service and facility.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
Mustafa
"Average place, nice and clean."
Neighborhood was okay type. Nothing much to eat and shop near by. Its more Student type place.
7 night family trip Oct 15, 2015
Mayank
It's a dorm. A good one. With tv and stuff in the room. Has a kitchen. Own bathroom. Good stuff. My only issue was, my friends and I booked a room for three and we got a suite with two rooms and 1 bed in each room. So I had to either share a bed or sleep on the floor in the hallway. It's not necessarily the hotel's fault, more of a booking agency (website that I used was hotels.com). Otherwise a very nice place.
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2015
I went to Ottawa on Short business trip and stayed in this hotel. Friendly front Desk people. Allowed me early check in 3 hours ahead. Super-Fast wired internet. 20 min Walk to down town. Very secured accommodation and no noise. don't miss food in green door restaurants.
6 night business trip Sep 30, 2015
Prabhakar
"Great value for the money."
My husband and I were in town for the Army Run 1/2 marathon. The hotel is in a good location and had lots of room for the two of us. We were disappointed to learn that the free breakfast was no longer offered. They only provide you with a couple of towels so if you plan to shower more than once between room service visits, bring your own.
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Brenda
"I reccomend"
An excellent place. Well located. Nice customer service. Very very clean.
1 night family trip Sep 17, 2015
Herick
"Terrible "Hotel""
This "Hotel" was not as advertised. It was dorm rooms for a local college not a "Hotel". It was located in a major contruction zone. You could not get to it. I tried to call the "Hotel" with on answer to cancel. I have tried to call this "Hotel" since arriving home but the Manager is ever in. This "Hotel" has done nothing to resolve my issues. I would NEVER recommend this "Hotel" to anyone.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Missing coffee maker in the room.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Addulaadir
"It was quite a bargain!"
For the price it's really not bad. We didn't expect that the two beds are actually in two separate rooms, which worked wonderfully for us, as I had to stay up, yet my sister and my niece preferred to go to bed early. The low price included free parking, fast and reliable Wifi and simple, continental breakfast, a true bargain. Essentially though I suspect it was originally a well-maintained dorm building of the university.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Yonglan
"good"
good
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
"Great staff, but it was a college dormitory"
As college dormitories usually are, they were small. The full sized bed was stiff and difficult for my husband to sleep on. The staff was great. No complaints. Literally best service I have ever had. That said, they were under major construction and despite it's name, it is a dormitory, which was confusing for us and our driver since the name of the "hotel" was nowhere to be found. The location is right downtown which meant we could walk to make attractions. The bathroom was small and had long black hairs on it. I am a blonde and my husband has a short hair cut. Also, the stand up shower was small and had a flimsy curtain and water got every where. I am almost broke my neck as a result of the water that spilled all over the bathroom floor. Towels were awful: small and coarse. We did get two rooms with a little kitchenette and bathroom. If I was a family of four, this would be convenient (if two adults could sleep comfortably on a full sized bed) because you could shut each room.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Casandra
"This is NOT A HOTEL hard to find the place."
The Hotel staff are not very pleasant. I don't feel I am welcome to stay and in this hotel .
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
faith
"Stay ok, walking advice poor"
There was little parking so had to park farther away. Asked front desk about taking the bus to the changing of the guard, and he said we could walk it in 15-20 minutes. Thought that was a good idea until it really took 40+ minutes in 90 degrees. Not happy about poor advice. Rest was fine.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
"가성비 최고"
그동안 가봤던 숙소 중 가격대비 최고의 서비스를 보여준 곳. 시내에서도 가깝고 조용한 곳으로 가족 모두가 만족한 곳입니다.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Jae Chul
"Slightly unusual, but worth it"
Very clean. Two bed rooms and a kitchen. No common area inside rooms. Located on very small college campus. Closeby nice Ottawa areas. Bus service from campus. Beds too soft for me, but the kids liked them. Quiet. We would definitely stay there again.
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Matthew
It is a dormitory. There were a few hairs on towels and the wall in the bathroom.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Great hotel for the price. We enjoyed our stay there.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Great for the money, bottom line!"
Great for the money, bottom line!
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Patchio
"Clean basic accommodations."
Good deal staying at a university residence hall. The air conditioning wasn't up to the July heat. We joked they probably hadn't planned on the place being occupied during the hot summer months. There is construction on Main St which made getting to the hotel a fun challenge. It's a bit of a walk from the downtown area. Clean, friendly and well priced.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
"This is NOT a hotel, it's a student dormitory!"
We were very disappointed to find that this is not a proper hotel, but a student dorm. This should have been disclosed upfront. We had no control over the temperature setting and at one point it was 81 degrees in the room. Only choose this facility if price is your only concern.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"College dorm NOT downtown nice enough"
It's a college dorm. Don't let that turn you off though. It had two bedrooms and a common kitchen/eating area. Each bedroom had a TV. Clean, comfortable, safe. No frills. IT IS NOT DOWNTOWN by any stretch of the imagination. It is within city limits but so NOT downtown
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
"A budget hotel with convenience."
This is a college dorm building. Price is reasonably low. Room is clean with a big refrigerator and a microwave oven. On-site parking is free. Neighborhood is very quiet and pleasant. Breakfast is free, not fancy but all-you-can-eat. Overall, if you are practical then this hotel is a good choice.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
JA
"family trip"
More than I expect. Very quiet and clean but parking space little far away.
3 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Wendy
Great value, location, and service! Ample room provided with suite with kitchenette, separate bedrooms, and bathroom. Common lounge area provided full kitchen, big screen TV and study areas. During summer, saw very few students around. Close to all attractions. Highly recommend!
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
"Economical but hard to find"
We had a difficult time finding the right building on campus since the route takes you through a bus loop which doesn't seem like the right way to go. Also, there is very little parking in front of the building. I liked it because it is economical and my daughter had her own room. It is also in a great location being within walking distance to the canal, government buildings and several museums.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
"Nice Stay"
I do not recall the hotel information stating that this was a college dorm? However, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The only problem with this hotel was the road construction and the lack of signage to this hotel. It says "downtown" but that is misleading. Wonderful place to stay in Ottawa!
1 night family trip May 31, 2015
Byron
Neat and clean place, excellent for budget travelers
Other trip May 28, 2015
"Nice and cheap stay!"
helpfull staff, clean and big rooms. The only negative point was that we had a room just across the elevator and it was a bit noisy.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"School dormitory with good value!"
It's not hard to find as I know it's a school dormitory. It's clean and quite, the room are big, also have refrigerator. It's about half an hour walking to city center, which has everything there, but I didn't see any restaurants around there. They don't have wifi in the room, but I borrowed a cable from the reception. I really would like to live in this kind of hotel again!
1 night family trip May 7, 2015
"Great Experience"
I had no idea it was a Student residence until we got there. I was not sure I was going to like it but we all did. We were in Ottawa for a campus tour of University of Ottawa since my daughter was considering going there and so staying at this hotel gave us an insight on how residences are like. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and it was clean and comfortable. It was near the University of Ottawa and the highway. They even served a decent breakfast. For the price we paid, it exceeded out expectations.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
Maria R. Villarino
"Campus hotel"
Very difficult to get to, you need to drive around the school to find it. It's ok once you find the way.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Rafal
"It's a dorm room!"
I booked this at the last minute, so didn't pay attention to the detailed description. We were quite surprised to find out we'd booked a college dorm room. Actually, it was quite adequate, and we can't complain. The biggest problem was finding the place. There's no streetside signage, so we passed it by a couple of times before we found it.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
"It's not the Ritz..."
This isn't a luxury hotel, but it was clean, comfortable, and surprisingly quiet considering how busy a place it is. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. My only criticism is that the building sits off the street on the campus of St. Paul University and so is not easily seen. This should be added to the description. Otherwise, it was a great place.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
jim
"Good basic accommodation"
The accommodation was somewhat spartan but very clean and comfortable. WiFi service was not available in the room but was accessible in the lounge area that existed on each floor. It was somewhat difficult to find the building, as noted by others and the assistance provided by one of the maintenance staff we found upon arrival was not particularly helpful. The breakfast was excellent. We would certainly stay there again .
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
"Cheap but Nice !!!!"
Old school dorm but very nice and clean. I like the free parking. Not too far from downtown. Nice staff. I hope they will have wifi in the future. It was kinda hard to find the physical address. Should say in the back of school or something...
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Reeka
"Peace and quiet and convenient"
Quiet, restful, peaceful surroundings. Got a good night's sleep and was able to go to the downtown sights nearby. The lobby staff was very pleasant and helpful with directions and suggestions. The property grounds were very nice. A great find and great deal.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
Gordon
My immediate family really liked the fact that we had a suite with two bedrooms that had two doors in order to provide privacy. We would like to stay there again. We enjoyed the free breakfasts and the elevator that was never busy like some hotels. The kind of clientele that would like this accommodation are those on a budget and hostel lovers that do not mind walking or taking a city bus downtown. Thanks again for the great experience, my family members felt they were college/university students!
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"Great place, but No WIFI in rooms!"
Breakfast room extremely congested and disorderly. More organization and well controlled people would help a great deal in making the place excellent. Rooms were very spacious, but the shower room to small. In availability of WIFI in room quite a limitation
1 night trip Jul 22, 2014
"No Frill Door Rooms"
Converted dorm rooms ~ no clocks, no hair dryers, no coffee makers, no bath tubs, no TV channel line-up cards, typical Canadian/terrible channel selection, no airport shuttle service, extremely limited parking, poor quality pillows, and they only change bed sheets "every four days". Decent value, though, if you want two bedrooms, a kitchen, a free breakfast, and are used to camping.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2014
"hotel in downtown"
I think it was an ok hotel. it was a house converted into a hostel, converted into a hotel. they have parking and they charge for parking which I don't particularly like. they are not in heart of downtown, just slightly off. also, they have an iron in the room, but, no outlets. i had to unplug the coffee maker to use the outlet.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
SJ
"Well worth the cost"
Three Cs:clean. Comfortable. Convenient.
1 night trip Jun 25, 2014
Susan j.
"Great location."
Good price, good location, big room.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2014
wistle
"Two separate bed room and a small living room"
It has two separate bed room and a small living room. It is bigger than other hotel and good for a fast deep sleep. The room setup is poor and not clean enough for me. At most I give it a three stars.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
"Great value. Very nice staff. A bit hard to find"
I was extremely surprised at how nice this hotel was, especially for the low price. Honestly, it was a better value than most 4 star hotels I have stayed in. While accommodations aren't 4 star, the room was huge, with two separate bedrooms, kitchenette and a large bathroom. As far as design, the only flaw I would say is the relatively small shower. The bathroom was large enough to accommodate a full size bath if it were laid out differently. My only other complaint is the location of the hotel. It sits behind the university, so when you enter the address on your GPS, it takes you to the university, and there isn't adequate signage to let you know where the hotel is.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
J Tyson
"Very affordable accommodation"
My family of 7 shared 2 two-bedroom suites at the Residence & Conference Center on our trip from Halifax to Toronto. The price was excellent and the rooms were very adequate although not luxurious. We were happy to have breakfast and wifi included in the price. The only improvement we could have asked for is access to a pool but since the rooms are student dorms that was not available. The staff were very friendly and helpful when we needed more towels. We were very pleased with our stay.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"A good idea to use the college dorm for hotel/mote"
Two rooms and a sitting area make you feel more convinient and confortable
Other trip May 31, 2014
Sherry
"Best budget place"
Pros: very convinient located in downtown, very spacious, free wifi at lobby all amenities cons: TV does have any channels. Very small parking lot. Some bed bugs.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
"Good if you are looking for low frills hotel"
I stayed on race weekend and was just looking for a bed, toilet and shower. Fridge and microwave were nice but the whole space just felt a little dirty even though it was probably clean. Definitely somewhere acceptable to sleep but temper your expectations. Service people were nice but didn't really need them much. A/C is luck of the draw - they say to turn it off and then back on and lower it in 3 degree increments....like I have time to sit there all day to do that. Wouldn't be my first choice but definitely would consider staying there if price was right and everything else was booked.
1 night trip May 24, 2014