All hotels in Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada
112 12th Avenue SW, Slave Lake, AB, T0G2A0, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good value."
The staff at the hotel were pleasant and helpful. When I had a problem, it was fixed at once. They are starting to have a hot breakfast programme, but the food was cold, and they did run out of certain foods from the Continental Breakfast table. I informed the staff on our way out, and suggested that a notice be place prominently to say "Please inform the front desk if there is a shortage of food". The rooms were very clean, and comfortable, and I would certainly stay there again. As I said, the only problem was with the hot breakfast, but hopefully that will be solved, by having a staff member check on it frequently.
2 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
Friendly helpful staff. Rooms were clean, had a good nights sleep. Just didn't like the fact there was a bar across the street.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Sonya
"Nice rooms decent price"
The rooms are spacious (king deluxe) with a living/kitchen area and bedroom. It's nice to have a fridge and toaster in the room as their free continental is done at 9 AM - a little early for me when travelling for leisure.
3 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
"Big Lake Inn"
This hotel seems like it is on the decline. If you are trying to get a good night sleep the rooms are not very sound proof. Could hear person above walking and the neighbors watching tv and talking till 4:30 AM. If you look at the baseboards and corners of the room they have not been cleaned in awhile. Also the top of the tub surround of the shower was dirty. All of that being said, the bed was comfortable, and they do an ok job
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
"Good for business."
A nice enough hotel, good service from staff, a decent workout room by hotel standards and close enough to other convieniances such as Boston Pizza and the Downtown area. The area around the hotel could use some landscaping however as it was a muddy mess that doesnt give the best first impression.
3 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"Friendly hotel, too bad you can't sleep."
Wonderful service from all staff encountered. Hotel in an unfortunate location next to an extremely loud nightclub across street. GOT NO SLEEP FIRST NIGHT. Had to move second night and then was surrounded; walls paper thin. FREEZING AIR through vents and difficult to adjust air system in room, had to get up a million times, either too hot or too cold.
2 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"Well located to all are needs."
Excellent staff ,feeling welcome the moment you enter motel,every detail was explained,following entry to room cleaning staff lady helped set up TV,which I was sure great full ,I would say stay you will not regret your stay .
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
george
"nice hotel nice staff"
nice hotel nice staff and we will back for sure….....................................................
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
gordy
"Rob"
Very clean Motel. Staff was very friendly. Excellent breakfast. Room was well stocked with plates, bowls, cutlery, cups & toaster. Would recommend
2 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
Rob
"Good place for good price"
The hotel is a pretty good deal and is pretty clean. Only thing I can say I didn't care for was how loud the air conditioner was but that's minor
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Now hotel. Great price"
Good hotel that was nice enough with a good breakfast.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
joann
Over all nice and quiet but you could hear what the guest's above we doing
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Rod
"excellent motel close to spruce point campsite."
very easy to find . we were only there one night but found it very comfortable. we plan to go there again.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Quiet and comfortable"
It was a quiet and comfortable hotel. Staff were great. Room was clean.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Typical small-town hotel catering to oil workers."
Hotel clean, unpretentious, well-organized, reasonable breakfast included.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
engineer
"fine but not awesome"
It's an okay hotel that has a lot of crews staying there. Not a bad thing, just big dirty trucks that make a lot of noise and leave a lot of dirt and gravel. Price was good and there were more amenities in the room, dishes, microwave.... than I expected. Good tv and comfortable bed.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Gregg
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
1 night trip Oct 2, 2014
Lois
1 night business trip Aug 23, 2014
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Big Lake Inn

"Very nice room, great service, quiet!"
05/02/15 cmnarles Port Alberni, Canada
I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. The hotel is across the street from the college, which was helpful for me as I was working there. Although there is no restaurant, breakfast is provided. While the coffee there was horrible, the in room coffee was delicious - go figure! I ate at the Slave Lake, also just across the street. The room had 2 beds, table and desk chair with a huge tv with satellite. There was also a fridge, microwave and dishes, glasses and utensils. Very nice and very quiet! Downside - VERY slow wi fi.
"Great spot!"
01/13/15 Timcamrose Camrose AB
Stay at this one when working in the area. Rooms are clean, modern and comfortable. Internet service is typical for hotels, hit and miss at times. They have a continental breakfast, a fitness room with modern equipment. Only bad part is no pool or hot tub. Hotel is walking distance to variety of restaurants and corner store, liquor store etc.. Would recommend as rates are very reasonable as compared to other name brand competitors in town!
"good deals for frequent visitors"
11/15/14 Danboudreau
Stayed here for several months this summer, they offer good rates for extended stays so look into this if you are in town with sub. Some of the reviews talk about partying and loud guests, there is some truth to this. You do however, have to realize that most hotels in slave lake are consistently filled with workers in the patch, its the bulk of their revenue. You will encounter this in all hotels in slave lake. Its like going to Fort McMurray and expecting a quiet night in a cheap downtown hotel with no traffic in the morning. If your expectations are reasonable this hotel is perfectly fine. Its definitely good value for your money in the area.
"Better then the last reviews"
03/26/14 SeandaAndTheKids Edmonton AB Canada
So like a previous reviewer, we were also in Slave Lake for a hockey Tournament. We did not choose this hotel it was chosen for us by Hockey Alberta. The Breakfast was great, the staff even left it out later for our boys in the morning. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, one family had problems with heat in their room, it was addressed promptly. Considering the Clientele that regularly visits the hotel, the hotel was in good shape and clean. The clientele that the hotel serves in the community would be a challenge for the cleaning staff so I think it needs to be noted that they do keep up with the cleanliness of the hotel. We did not have any of the experiences that were shared by a previous reviewer.
"Ruined by other guests"
03/23/14 Mr_Nomad_365
I have stayed at this hotel for years for work. About 3-4 months of the year. It has always been a clean, affordable, convenient place. My latest stay here was brutal however. There was a hockey tourney in town and I got zero sleep. There were kids and dogs running around until 4am. The parents of these kids were not present for most of the night, they were at the bar! I know this because I complained to the front desk several times and when the staff was non responsive, I had to go around to a dozen different rooms and tell them to keep it down. Not a single room had an adult present. Then at 4am several parents got together and knocked on my door and confronted me in a drunken stuper. I almost got in a fight over it all. And again the staff might as well have not even been there. So the $12000 a year I spend here will be going to one of the other hotels in town.
"Never stay here"
11/03/13 Pamela J
We stayed at this hotel for a hockey tournament with our children I will NEVER recommend this hotel. To start off out toilet was plug when we got there, then after a long drive we settled down to go to bed and the pull out couch had filthy sheets on it and the bed was clearly used. Then around 10:00pm the fighting and the partying started and continued on untill around 5:00am when the morning came and I complained to the assestant manager he smiled and laughed in my face. This hotel is full of rig workers and out of town workers.
10/03/13 Jina P Vancouver, Canada
This was a fantastic place to stay. The staff was friendly and always offering a pleasant "good morning" or "afternoon" and willing to assist in any way they could. The room was very clean and modern and we had restful sleep in a comfortable bed. They offer complementary daily breakfast and it was good. Overall, we would gladly go back.
"Hotel was ok, but not great! Would not stay there again!"
02/02/13 Veronica N EDMONTON
Staff are very friendly. When we reserved our room, about 3 weeks before our stay, it was the Nova Inn. When we called them to see where they were located, cause we couldn't find them they told us "we changed our name". Good to know!! You would think the hotel would contact all the guests that have booked a room to let people know of the name change. The hotel itself was ok, its a little beat up. Needs some TLC. When we entered our room the bathroom was not clean so we went down and complained and before we arrived back to our room the cleaning staff/lady was there cleaning it. The rest of the room was clean. The beds were comfortable. Couldn't get the TV to work until later that night. The breakfast in the morning was ok, but there was no hot food. Location of the hotel was good. Close to everything. The sidewalks on the east side of the hotel had packed on snow and looked like they were never cleaned.