All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America
2818 Avenue R 1/2, Galveston, TX, 77550, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9401

"Never experienced anything like this hotel!"
If you are expecting clean sheets, clean blankets and blankets without holes don't stay here. The manger was very rude and said she was tired of my family calling front desk. Called police to kick us out cause we kept asking for clean linen. All they had to do is give their guest a clean bed to sleep in when we first asked but we never got it and to top it off they put the same dirty linen we threw on the floor back on our beds. We knew this because the exact same stains and dried up substances was on the covers. As a military spouse I have traveled the world and stay at many hotels, but this was the worst experience for me! I'm glad I took pictures of everything. The good thing is the hotel was close the the beach and had great hot water!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galveston Beach, TX
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of. Sincerely
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Kenya
"Things that need improvement"
The mattress in the couch,that turns into bed is very worn and need replacement. The hot tub in pool area could use more frequent cleaning and larger towels in pool area would be nice too. THE MAIN THING IS HOTEL NEEDS MORE PARKING SPACES!!!!
3 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
Tripp
"Perfect location."
Great place, nice pool, excellent breakfast. ...can't ask for more. .
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Edwin
"family spring break"
Great view of pleasure pier right on seawall
2 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
ruben
We checked in late evening. There was no parking spaces to be found, so Malcolm moved his vehicle so we could park. We had several questions throughout our stay and the staff helped us out. Will stay here again! Thanks.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Jerry
"Spring Break 2015"
Our room was comfortable. The pool is too small for the size of the hotel. While the room is heated the actual pool was not. The hot tub was not clean. Parking and dining area is also inadequate. Breakfast was very good although it was hard to find a place to sit and eat. It was not bad overall. I would stay again but not a good place if your looking for luxury, quietness.
2 night family trip Mar 11, 2015
"Vacation"
We enjoyed our stay, the hotel met and excelled our standards. They had an indoor pool which was really convenient in the winter time. The rooms were really clean and nice with the balcony view over pleasure peer. Would recommend it and come back and stay there again.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Eduardo
Enjoyed our value added stay here. Very well located hotel, right on the beach, near many attractions. Modern, clean, would return.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
R
"Worst stay ever."
Not only a Bradley managed and maintained hotel I was charged for pillows I did not take and would not use for a dog. Non smoking hotel designation was a joke. I could not open the balcony doors with due to smoke, not all legal from other rooms. I'll let the credit card company duke it out with the hotel!!!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galveston Beach, TX
Thank you for taking the time to post the response.On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Nice!"
Nice place to stay. Right across from beach. Would stay there again.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Mom/Daughter get-away!"
Malcolm was working when we checked in and Elisabeth was working when we checked out. Both were extremely nice and made you feel welcome!!
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"Disappointing stay"
We brought our two girls on a family trip to Galveston and wanted a place with an indoor pool in case the weather was cool (which it was). Rooms were okay, continental breakfast okay, service when we checked in was a little rude. Pool needs work. Pool water was too cold to use and was very cloudy. Pool restroom was dirty. General pool area was run down; there was rust on a lot of the doors and trim in the pool area. Used the laundry facilities, dryers just blew air and never dried my clothes, even after 2 cycles.
2 night family trip Feb 24, 2015
Amber
"Not Customer Oriented"
The check in process includes signing several acknowledgements of hotel rules which was something of a surprise to me, this is the first time I've been asked to sign something like that on check in. Also, the individual working the desk was anything but welcoming, more concerned with the rules than the customer. I was also disappointed to find that smoking is not allowed on the balcony of my room. This is unusual and not mentioned in their online information.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
Sheri
"Great Place"
Stayed for one night before a cruise. They offer free cruise parking with a 10 dollar per person shuttle fee but the shuttle is one way. Worked great for me. With shuttle and taxi back I spent 30 to park during my cruise and had the shuttle drop me at the door of the cruise port so very convienent. Great location near beach, bars and restaurants. Very nicely decorated and clean hotel. Service and breakfast were very good. No complaints, and I will stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Feb 18, 2015
"No customer service AT ALL!!"
Location was good, room was good, service was horrible. I called ahead to ensure that there would be a shuttle to and from the cruise port. Was told there was for a fee of $10/pp each way and to make the arrangements once we checked in. When we arrived at the hotel and inquired about the shuttle, was told they would take us to the port but we'd have to find our way back. Management had "just decided" to stop offerin pick up service...in a four hour timeframe??? When we arrived to the room the toilet was clogged. When I called the front desk for assistance, the desk attendant asked me (female) to come to the desk to pick up a plunger. I asked about maintenance, he said it would be faster if I did it myself as it was late and he'd have to call the guy in. I asked if he could bring it, he said he was only one there. When we went to the desk to get the plunger, there was a trainee there. I asked for a different room, of course, none were available. His explanation about the trainee? He didn't want to leave the trainee at the front desk alone. He had no response when I asked why the trainee couldn't deliver the plunger. No apology. All matter of a fact. When it was all reported the next morning, all that was offered was "sorry." Poor customer service experience.
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
It did not have a clean feeling. Didn't like that they advertised free cruise parking but charge $10per/person per trip. The only way that would make since is if there is only one person in the vehicle.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Shanita
The staff was very friendly, Ms. Adriana, took care of us when arrived. She welcomed us to use any of the amenities at the hotel, including the pool while our room was ready. My girls loved the inside pool. Perfect for a February stay with a pool. And the night staff was wonderful as well. One of the employee came outside to help out with some parking when our awesome parking space was taken, when we went out to eat. He made sure we had a place to park, since it was full night. Thank you guys!
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Not worth the money"
Stayed here on the night before our cruise. After a long drive (12+ hours) we were expected to relax in the pool and hot tub, but they were closed. Breakfast was so packed the next day, we left without it. I would find a different hotel the next time I stay in Galveston, especially for the price.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galveston Beach, TX
I would like to thank you for taking a minute and sharing your impressions with us. It is important to hear and understand what a guest experiences during their time with us. We do apologize for failing to meet your expectations. Sincerely
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
Lacie
Nice that it was across from the ocean. Lot's of places to choose to eat. Clean room.
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
robin
"pre cruise hotel"
Wonderful visit!
2 night trip Feb 6, 2015
"Very Nice"
We were only there overnight. Nothing fancy but clean..
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Great hotel, a little slow on the follow through."
Great location right across from Pleasure Pier. Very comfortable bed, spacious room and a good, hot breakfast. Have been trying to get a receipt after check out for a couple of days now by fax, and although they stated they would I still haven't received. This is a little discouraging as I was told that I was not able to be provided with a zero balance receipt when I checked out of the hotel.
2 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
Kimberly
"Nice room"
Stayed for a conference. Room was clean. Hotel in good condition. Great location . Ask for room on upper floor for beautiful view of ocean . Walking distance to beach,restaurants, pier,bars. Oh and a good complementary breakfast
1 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
"Good place to stay"
Stayed 2 nights before leaving on cruise. Worked out well since it was not far from the Pier and allowed us to park for free while we were gone. But.since many are on cruises there may be limited parking spots available depending on when you arrive. They opened up Sat and Sun mornings while we were there.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Pretty good"
Everything was great. Will book again. The only thing wrong was I got hit with a $50 charge not sure why.
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Nice room, good size and was clean"
Desk clerk was short and rude to us on check-in. We called down for bathtub stopper to bathe, she stated :"We don't have any" and hung up on us. We asked to speak to the manager, and were told she would be in at 9:00 am, yet when we were waiting for cruise shuttle, she never got there, and we were there until after 10:00. Feel we were spoken to rudely and never could voice our complaint to a person of authority.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Bobbi
"Good, but ask about the pool!!!!"
We were very pleased with our room. The only thing that was a major disappointment was the indoor pool. We booked this hotel specifically because it had an indoor pool for the kids to swim. When we went down to the pool, it was around 40 degrees outside and two of the windows were out. It was FREEZING and so was the water. Other than that, the hotel staff was very kind and helpful, there was a very nice view of the ocean and pier from our balcony, and there were lots of restaurants nearby. I did not give the hotel a bad rating, because there had been a storm and I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe the windows were blown out due to the storm?? Yes, I know it's a stretch, but I can't imagine that they would leave the windows out indefinitely :)
1 night family trip Jan 22, 2015
"Breakfast was really bad"
Room was convinenet and renovated but the breakfast was awful
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galveston Beach, TX
I would like to thank you for taking a moment and sharing your Impressions with us. It is important to hear and understand What a guest experiences during their time with us. On behalf Of everyone here, I hope you will allow me to apologize for fai Failing to meet expectations. At all times we try to be a property That is enjoyable relaxing and clean. It is disappointing to hear That we failed to be any of those things to you. I would appreciate If you would consider our properly again in future and allow us to show Our hospitality Sincerely
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
"OK stay, not thrilled with the customer service..."
We were in Galveston to take a cruise, but stayed a couple days on each end to see the area. The first night we checked in, the sheets were dirty and had several long hairs all over them. When we asked for different sheets, we were given them, but had to make our own bed. My husband then elected to not have any room service after that, we just took care of that ourselves. When we tried to get a shuttle for the cruise ship, that was full so we had to find our own taxi. However, if you take a taxi and not the shuttle, you cannot leave a car in the parking lot while you are gone. When we were checking out, we asked for an extra hour to wait for our airport shuttle (scheduled through the hotel), however they wouldn't allow us that time and we had to sit in the lobby with our luggage until the shuttle arrived. We did, however, like the location. It was walkable to the historic distric and right by the pier. We also found good restaraunts within walking distance. One of the reason we chose the hotel was that they offered an airport shuttle to Houston Bush Airport. Although it was $130 for both of us, it was about $50 less than the other airport taxis and very reliable and friendly.
2 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
"Nice stay prior to our cruise"
Nice look from the balcony over the gulf... a couple of bars close to the hotel with scrupulous characters. =P
1 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
HOPE
tried to change schedule from 2 days stay to one, for personal reasons with 36 hour advance notice hotel would not let me do this. not sure if this was staff at hotel or a corporate decision.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Where's the Shuttle?"
Very Over priced, could have stayed somewhere else with the same amenities for much less, main reason for booking was the park and ride to a cruise ship Waited 2 hours for their shuttle both ways, will Not be staying here ever again
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galveston Beach, TX
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We Take time to listen to your constructive comments so we can Continually improve our services.we hope for another Opportunity to exceed your expectations. Sincerely
1 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2015
"Nice hotel. Close to beach."
The hotel itself was clean and comfortable and nicely priced. The ocean view was lovely. The hotel is located nicely on the best part of the beach access. The problems that we had was miscommunication with the hotel staff on housekeeping {none for three days}. Had to call front desk to send up towels. Also breakfast was really pretty so so. Even with these small problems, i would book again as having a really clean hotel at the beach with no bugs at a good price, is worth it!!
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Met the needs of our stay"
Hotel was walking distance to beach, boardwalk, and restaurants. Breakfast was adequate but nothing fancy even by hotel continental breakfast standards. Met our need of a one night stay before cruise but if staying longer would have wanted something nicer.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"my stay"
it ways nice
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
"Hotel okay, too many extra charges"
We stayed at the hotel because it was convenient to boarding a cruise ship. When asked if we could extend our checkout to noon (checkout was 11:00 am) we were told that would be an extra $20.00. Then when we asked about the shuttle service to the ship, it would cost us $10.00 per person. Turned out we could park in a lot close to the ship for the same amount with free service to the ship and we wouldn't have to wait when we returned. The staff was ok, not very friendly, as though asking them a question was an interruption. Will definitely look for different accommodations next time.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
"Great hotel but a few shortcomings"
They were repairing the entrance and there is not enough parking when they are pretty full.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Lynn
"Always a great stay!"
Everything was great with the room and our stay. Room is always very clean. We had some very loud neighbors but after they were asked to leave, everything was perfect!
1 night family trip Jan 20, 2015
Heidi
"Wonderful Staff"
I reserved 2 suites for this stay, however Hotels.com booked only 1 suite and 1 regular room. The hotel did not have another suite to give us but went above and beyond to accommodate my needs. Hotel.com refunded me the difference and gave me an additional discount. It all worked out just fine!!!
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Pam R
"Comfortable Stay"
Nice hotel on Seawall Blvd, our room had view of ocean and nearby Pleasure Pier. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, oatmeal, waffles, and a variety of breads and pastries, dry cereals, juices and hot beverages. Room was clean, staff was friendly, parking lot was well lit and clean. We will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Ellen
"Great view of pleasure pier"
Friendly staff, comfortable bed, hot showers. Was a really nice quiet place to relax for a night or two!
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"Would stay again..."
It was great... Good price and parking for the cruise was included...Well worth your money...
1 night family trip Jan 7, 2015
Yesenia
"100% happy with our stay"
Friend and I stayed here the night before our cruise, nice staff & very clean. I forgot my dress In the room and when we checked out a staff member brought it down stairs to me. It was a 200.00 dress new with tags that they could of easily kept to themselves. So greatful that they brought it down because I would of forgotten about it. 100% happy with the stay.
1 night trip with friends Jan 7, 2015
Teresa
"One of the few hotels with an indoor pool."
Hotel was fine I believe I got the unlucky room because the themostat was broken and wouldnt shut off so it got around 85 before I called the front desk. Now that brings me to another issue, the phone ear piece was broken and they couldnt hear us. I ended up going down stairs and asking if they had maintenance and she said no but she coild try to get someone there to fix the issues, I told her to wait but she decided to call anyways and I ended up having a maintenance man come and correct both the problems.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
scott
Good value. Decent wam breakfast, comfortable bed, overall clean.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Poor"
I smoke a a cigar on the and they call the police and had me and my family kick out wit no where to go.... Don't go there !!! Save the trouble
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galveston Beach, TX
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. This is a non smoking facility and we advise all our guests at the time of check i.nabout our non smoking policy.I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. > we appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.
2 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
"Nice and close to the cruise terminal"
We drove in from Baton Rouge a day early for our cruise and chose this hotel due to free cruise parking and shuttle. Parking was free but shuttle would be $50 (there were 5 of us) plus we would have to take cabs back to the hotel to get our car. We ended up parking across from the cruise terminal in a secure indoor garage for $54 and wouldn't have to worry about getting back to the hotel. But other than that, the room was nice and clean. Pretty small but we were only sleeping there one night to be close to the cruise terminal. I liked that they have an indoor pool and exercise room, though we didn't have time to use them. Free breakfast was ok, typical hotel free breakfast. Nice to have and not have to go out to eat. If I visit Galveston again I would definitely consider staying here again.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Sherri
Great location but the hotel is aged and near a bad neighborhood. One of the reasons we chose the hotel was for the free cruise terminal parking. The catch was you had to pay a per person shuttle fee to the terminal. If you have more than three in your party you would be safer and better served to park at the terminal and pay for parking. The hotel lot is not fenced and I was uncomfortable with our vehicle there overnight much less a week.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Mike C
"Family vacation"
Overall nice. Phone did not work in room. Towel rack in room barely hanging on wall. Location was good.
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Hotel Stay"
Stay was great room was good for the amount I paid. There was a fire alarm issue. It kept going off for about 30 minutes one night we saw the fire truck come and then they left. No one in the hotel told us what was going we called the front desk but no answer. Other than that the stay was great I would come back.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014