All hotels in Hong Kong, Hong Kong

• Value for money
    Great amenities
    Location is ok
    Food is not good
"Good place to rest after a tiring dat"
It is far from bustling city and the shuttle service gives convenience to the travelling.
3 night family trip Oct 1, 2015
Cecile
PH
"Claustrophobic? Check it out."
Hong Kong hotels are known for its small size room and exorbitant rate, but the rooms at this hotel is about twice the size of a boutique hotel at about the same rate. The location is a bit far from the city center, but hotel has a free shuttle that will take you to and from the HK station which connects to just about everywhere in 15 min. If you are traveling with a family or claustrophobic and looking for value, definitely should consider this hotel
2 night business trip Aug 13, 2015
Though the hotel is quite a distance away from the city, but the shuttle bus service is provided. I even managed to do an early check in as early at 1pm! Service was great! Room was comfy and quite big too! Will definitely visit again!
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Goh
SG
"A good place to be away from the Noise of the City"
It was a good one. The place is a bit far from the city though with 20-30min travel time on a shuttle bus or taxi to Hong Kong Central MTR but it's OK to be away form the noise and crowd of the city sometimes. Downside is that if lose opportunity to ride the shuttle service, taxi would cost you about 100HK$ per way. Maybe once construction of MTR to Aberdeen already done, commute would be more OK. The lobby smells good, front desk was helpful and accommodating, even got a free upgrade from Hills View to Aqua View to have a good look of the city, hill and ocean on the other side which normally not available on hotels near the city. We tried buffet breakfast only once and decided to eat outside on the next 2days of stay coz Buffet breakfast wasn't appealing as they don't have much choices on food to eat compared with other 4 star hotels I've stayed with plus not much staff to attend to our needs. The pillows were great, space enough for a 2-3 persons but the robe and hair drier wasn't present as posted on the room details. In general, I had a good stay with L Hotel.
3 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
Riza
PH
"bad experience in there"
the room there is very small and i booked the Aqua room but cannot see any sea view at all. Nothing around nearby.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
cathy
"Good!"
Very nice hotel, although the location is not central and eat outs are not easy to find.
2 night family trip May 12, 2015
IN
"Good cost-benefit. Clean but bad location."
Good cost/benefit. The hotel is very good in an ugly neighborhood (lots of construction areas) As they have shuttle service every 30 min to the central station MTR ( 15 min distance) we could go everywhere without problems. For a family stay was ok. Near Ocean Park. The rooms where clean and modern but the double beds small for two.
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"Excellent hotel"
Our stay was wonderful, the rooms and facilities are great.bone of the bad experience there was someone clean our room without our notice and stole my wife's brandnew sunglasses and took one of our big chocolate. And one more thing is they don't have a nice local restaurant available close in the area.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Jing
PH
"hidden gem (L Hotel @ Island South)"
everything is good. in fact excellent. do take note some hour there is no shuttle so do double check the timetable. we were assumed and get caught twice to wait 30 more mins.
5 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
sk
"nice place"
will go again
1 night trip Mar 12, 2015
"Great stay for wedding use!"
We were here for our wedding day, we enjoyed the stay very much and the hotel even gave us a cake to celebrate!
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
"Forgettable"
Adequate and forgettable. Terrible food
1 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Sandra
"booking system sucks"
The system of L hotel was suck. The front desk staff cannot find out booing until we finally found our online booking reference. It's no use when we provided them the reference number of hotels.com. We were so fed up from the very beginning of this hotel. Overall isn't bad but not the check in part.
1 night family trip Feb 1, 2015
"Love my stay will come back again"
Next time I go to Hong Kong I will definetly book this hotel again. I loved it so much. The service, the employees, the free shuttle, the room, the welcome message with my name on the t.v. How helpul the staff was everytime I asked questions. Above all this they spoke english. The hotel is well located about 20 minutes from dowtown if you take the bus 171 just in from of the hotel it drops you near Ladies Market. Do not take the taxi, wayyy too much expensive.
2 night trip Jan 8, 2015
Bolap
"good"
Overall, I enjoyed my stay at your hotel. But I was upset that as I suspected the previous visitor smoked in the room during his/her stay. When I entered the room, I can smell there was someone smoking in the bathroom.
1 night trip Jan 17, 2015
Tan Nei Danny
"Getting a cab takes a while. Hotel great."
Loved the hotel. Have stayed there before a few years back. Service is excellent. There is a shuttle bus to the station which is fantastic! The only draw back is getting a taxi. We had to wait over half an hour for a cab. For a business trip, this put us under a huge amount of stress, although we had given ourselves more than enough time to get to the venue and set up. We factored in an extra 30 - 40' the day after, just in case we had the same problem again (we did).
4 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
"pleasant and comfortable."
a very pleasant stay ...bed was very comfortable as was the room however just a little out of the way but still a very nice hotel. will stay again if the opportunity arises.
1 night trip Jan 11, 2015
CRAIG
"Much better than expected"
Convenient shuttle bus pick up at Central, comfy bed and polite staff
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
HK
Despite the hotel was a bit far from key shopping areas but the close to Ocean Park. Room was clean and spacious but there was weird smell from Air condition.
4 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
ALBERT
"Family friendly hotel."
I will recommend this hotel to My friends esp those who are bringing kids to HK. Smells good scent in the lobby. Staff are friendly. Pillows smell good too. Would like to come back anytime on my next trip.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Clean, elegant, characterless"
Hotel Manager very accomodating, clean and elegant but characterless atmosphere Beware booking engine and hotel conflict with number of beds in room.
5 night family trip Dec 9, 2014
ZA
"Trip to Hong Kong Dec. 23-26 2014"
We are very satisfied with the our hotel room. The Hotel is not accessible to MTR. However, the hotel provide a free coach bus to Central station , Ocean park, Wan Chai which fine to us. The room is big, clean and the ambiance was great I would that we will absolutely recommend this hotel to our friend. Regards, M & M
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Marlon
"Spacious room"
Room is spacious and clean. Staff are polite and welcoming. However, the neighborhood is lack for shopping centers and restaurants.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"My first impression of L'Hotel Island South"
My stay of some 3 times last week was mostly pleasant but negatives were the checkout process and the difficulty with getting taxi service. The checkout procedure was chaotic with no lineup to ensure an orderly process. I also had to wait some 35 minutes for a taxi (waited between 7:15 am and 7:50 am approximately on Dec. 17, 2014). I realized the staff was working hard to get a taxi for me. Room was clean, relatively spacious (for Hong Kong) and comfortable but Ocean view left a lot to be desired with practically no view of the harbor. Staff members were courteous.
1 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
Tony
"Nice but inconvenient"
Pros: Nice big room. Big King bed. Able to fit extra bed. Love the bathroom's mirrors and lightings! Free wifi! Cons: Bathroom is transparent but that is not an issue. The issue was, the blinds are outside the glass panel and not inside the bathroom! Not much TV channels available. Shuttle bus from Hongkong station to hotel was an hour of waiting. No MTR near hotel should you miss the shuttle bus to HKG station so have to take a taxi to the nearest MTR. Far away from city.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Lucy
SG
"Very good and recommend"
Free shuttle from Ocean park to Hotel, nice hotel and good view. Warm welcome and big room with free wifi. However, there are some constructions near the hotel and a bit noisy in the morning. Hotel was so nice and offer a free honeymoon cake for us
1 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
"+Value rooms, expensive dinner, awful breakfast"
Room was nice, pool would be great if not in shade (ace in summer), dinner was nice if expensive - breakfast a disaster! No clearing up, no eggs to order, no refilling of food......
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"Nice hotel close to Ocean park."
Ocean park is actually relatively separated from downtown Hong Kong (shopping area). But it is a must go place for many visitors. L Hotel Southern Island could be a choice if you want to visit Ocean park especially for a two days.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"L Hotel Island South"
The hotel and the room is comfortable, new and clean. However, the hotel is situated in the industrial area which is quite inconvenient and remote.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"Very disappointing,"
We will never go to this hotel or recommend to anyone the room was not so clean, the halls are very dark, the lobby on the 5th floor, hard to get to staff was not friendly at all, some of the things in the bathroom were empty packages , bath tub was dirty and was not cleaned our entire stay the food at breakfast was beyond bad, it was not edible, its located not near to anything and very hard to get a cab and no bus bad experience for us
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Ellaine
"Just OK"
Requested a non-smoking king size bed room, but end up sending me to the very smelly smoking floor. Very disappointed.
1 night trip Oct 24, 2014
"Good service & cleanliness"
well mannered & professional staff , exceptional wifi, pool & gym facilities
1 night trip Sep 29, 2014
Haydon
"Not so Chic South"
The hotel makes much of the 'Chic South' line in its promotion. One day it maybe but I think for now this more of an aspiration than a reality. The hotel rooms themselves are pleasant but in reality there isn't much there that could be described as chic. The biggest concern though is the location. The area is very run down and I don't think anyone would want to take a walk - so its taxi wherever you want to go. But then where would you go? There is really nothing around the area and Aberdeen centre was intensely disappointing. I wanted it to work staying in the calm of the south but it doesn't - pay the extra and stay central!
2 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
Mark N
"Location and service"
The hotel is in a good location in that it is very close to Ocean Park and easily accessible to beaches and the stations etc by bus, the hotel shuttle bus, and taxis, but there is a lot of construction going on due to the MTR station being built, and so it is not an ideal place to be at the moment. I am sure that when the construction is finished it will be much better. The hotel service was very good and overall it is a really pleasant place to stay and was ideal for our trip.
9 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Le Watch
"Very average"
Set in an industrial area, rooms are average with tiny twin beds struggled to fit an adult and child in each bed. My daughter fell out of bed in the night. Restuarant really expensive. We ate at the local Chinese joint on ground floor next door way cheaper and other guests were there. Good food but not that clean. Hotel only has 6seats at pool for a full hotel is not satisfactory. The porter would not give me to extra free bottles of water for the kids when we got to the room. I paid $310 per night and would not give us water for kids. Slack. Great to have free shuttle to Central and Ocean park. That was a nice touch.overall average would not stay here. Only took the option because of location to Ocean park and pool for kids.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2014
Clare Bear
NZ
"Good stay at L'hotel South Island"
Booked this hotel as it was close to Aberdeen and Ocean Park. However, owing to the tiredness over 4 days attending a wedding, we ended up staying at the hotel all the time. We got very nice room with a bit of seaview on 36 floor. Hubby enjoyed the pool and we had snack and dinner at the hotel. Staff were helpful and lovely, room was good size and bathroom has a bath, I like the details like sensor light outside the bathroom. We both enjoyed our stay. Thank you!
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2014
McDowell
"Good price performance"
In general it is good except couple of issues: 1. Suffer from the Aberdeen tunnel traffic jam during peak hours; anyhow, since most of our activities is located in Aberdeen areas which does not impact us too much 2. Some of staff treated western guest difference from the Chinese looking. On Aug 26, the 3/F staff greet westerner good morning while she did not even look at me when we approach the counter 3. They may want to have more indication of the lifts as there were only 2 lifts to P1; to avoid human traffic congestion and disturb other guest
2 night family trip Aug 25, 2014
wwch
SG
"Quite a nice place to stay"
except for the location, all other elements are just perfect
3 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Stay here only if you are going ocean park"
Very isolated location. Basic gym and too-small-a-pool. Only reason for tourists to stay here would be its proximity to ocean park. Otherwise hotel is well maintained, service is good, staff are very friendly and polite, and hotel provides complimentary shuttle bus to ocean park, aberdeen and hong kong mtr station. Enjoyed our time at the hotel.
2 night trip with friends Jun 9, 2014
SG
"Quality Hotel without a The High Price Tag"
As a family of six we stayed at this hotel for four nights on a Hong Kong stop over booking two rooms.We read all the reviews prior to booking and after staying here we found them helpful and accurate.This is a fairly new hotel situated in Aberdeen which is approximately 15 mins drive (bus/taxi) to Central.The hotel is in area where there is a lot of construction happening due to the expansion of the underground train line being built to link this part of Hong Kong. So there is not much in the way of shops or things to see touristy in the immediate vicinity of the hotel but the hotel provides a regular free bus to Central (train station)1/4 of an hour trip and Ocean Park which is only a 5 minute journey. There is also a public bus stop right outside the hotel which has many routes that can take you to most parts of the island. There is also a local street vendor at this bus stop that sells water, beer and snacks at a fraction of the price of the hotel.We booked a room on a high level which was recommended by other reviews to escape any construction and road noise. We were on the 20th floor and the noise of any construction machinery was only just audible making the rooms quiet. The facilities are modern and clean but not extravagant.Overall we were able to book two rooms at this hotel for the price of one at other locations.Yes, this hotel is not in the heartland of the tourist areas and is situated on a busy road but the pros out-way the cons for an enjoyable cheap stay.
Other trip May 23, 2014
Clara
"Great hotel out of the city."
We stayed 3 nights at the hotel. Our first impression was from the reception when we checked in. Callie was very friendly and helpful. Overall staffs are very helpful and friendly. The room is cleaned everyday. We got fresh towel everyday. The location is the downside for this hotel. It is away from the city but the hotel does provide the shuttle to MTR Hong Kong station, Once you get there you can go anywhere. Overall we loved it and would stay again.
3 night trip Apr 16, 2014
Kara
"Nice hotel near to Ocean park"
The shuttle bus service is good. Room layout was good. All the staff were very co-operative.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"Very good for money"
Very nice hotel. Good for family. Their shuttle service is exactly on time. 3 star cost for a 4 star hotel.
4 night family trip Mar 17, 2014
Ross
"Awesome staff"
The room was pretty cold and I called to check if there was anything I could do to higher the temperature. From what I was told I couldn't but the staff offered to bring a heater (if that's the correct word) up to the room. They were really efficient, within 5 minutes the heater was brought up. Really caring and efficient staff they have there. Although the hotel location is a bit inconvenient, they provide shuttle bus to HongKong express/central mtr and the timing of the bus are very punctual. Overall my friend and I had a great stay!
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
Alexis
SG
"Nice Hotel in the middle of nowhere"
Stayed at this hotel because it was nearby to where I was taking an exam. Not much eating options nearby except for a nice restaurant called GCX. Hotel itself is great. Clean, rooms quite spacious. Nice gym.
3 night business trip Mar 11, 2014
"hong kong stay"
very nice hotel I would recommend it was a little away from shops but had bus right out the front very quiet hotel for sleeping
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
david
"Superb - suited our needs perfectly."
We stayed here for three weeks and the hotel suited our needs perfectly. We wish we hadn't moved to another hotel - am thinking of moving back!
15 night trip Feb 12, 2014
"Too cold"
No heater. Super cold
1 night trip Feb 12, 2014
Fran
"this hotel is fantastic"
We stayed here on route to australia and again on the way home to the uk 2 months later. We cannot fault the hotel and its staff. The way the staff are always willing to help in any way is a lovely experience. Although 40 mins away from the airport the location although maybe not picturesque is quiet at night and this is so important if wanting a quiet layover. The food in the hotel is lovely and the breakfast well worth the price charged. It is worth while using the limo service they can provide at a very reasonable charge. When we visit our daughter in Australia again we will definately use this hotel without hesitation. I cannot praise this hotel enough. One useful tip eat in the hotel if not wanting to travel far don't use the chinese restuarant next door called mansion something ????? It is like a transport cafe and food not good we paid almost as much as the hotels set buffet menu and it was no where near as good as the hotels lovely food. WELL DONE L'HOTEL ISLAND SOUTH.
2 night trip Feb 1, 2014
ANDREW
Room is good size for 4 people (2 kids). The room is clean, it provide shuttle buses to different location buses stopes in front of the hotel and take about 15 minutes by us to Causeway Bay, food and shops. 5 minutes by shuttle to Ocean Park. Since there are not a lot of hotel offer 4 people room, it is not a bad choice for family.
11 night family trip Jan 19, 2014