All hotels in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here4903 Winthrop Avenue, Indianapolis, IN, 46205, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good Enuf"
We enjoyed our stay at Indy Hostel. Situated in a safe, and quiet "transitional"⬆️ neighborhood, the house is comfy, clean, and managed by friendly, young professionals. It's within easy walking distance of many restaurants, and a brand-new Brew Pub featuring gourmet grub. Any negative reviews are unrealistic. Indy Hostel is not the Ritz Carlton, but it's good enuf for anyone with a decent attitude.
1 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
JK
"Great place."
Great as usual.
1 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
"Great hostel!"
Great place to stay, just don't forget the ear plugs
1 night trip Jan 7, 2015
travis
"Great stay for a great price"
It was great. I was just passing through, but now I plan to take a trip back to Indy and will plan on staying here!
1 night trip Jan 1, 2015
Ginny
"awesome experience"
The staff member were very friendly, nice and helpful. I had a lot of freedom although I stayed at a room with twelve beds. I'll come back when I have a chance.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
My Pham
"great place"
Indy Hostel is clean and comfortable, especially compared to other hostels I've stayed in. The staff was accommodating, helpful, and friendly. I will definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Aaron
"Great location, great staff, clean rooms."
My best friend and I stayed at the hostel after traveling for a concert. At the hostel, we found incredibly friendly and helpful staff, as well as clean rooms and bathrooms. There was lots to do (biking path, fall festival in full swing) and many friendly people about. And quiet hours from 10pm until 10am?!? Where can you find that in a regular hotel??? The last regular hotel I stayed in, there were loud parties late into the night and screaming children. The hostel was SUPER QUIET after quiet hours went into effect. We will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Never been to a hostel before.."
But I would do it again if they were all like Indy Hostel! Very clean, cozy place.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Visiting from San Antonio
"Excellent all-around!"
The hostel was close enough to everything that I had an easy time getting around, yet far enough from downtown to be quiet. The staff were super friendly and helpful and the place was well-maintained and comfortable.
4 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Zoe
"Very nice"
It was a very nice stay. We were there to attend an event in town and stayed for two nights, so we did not have time to interact with the other guests and staff. But everybody was very friendly. My husband and I stayed in a private room with a private bathroom. We had no concerns. There are some details that could make a difference for other people though. The bathroom is small and has a curtain instead of a door (no privacy if you need.). The room has two windows with blinds but no curtains, in case you wake up with the day light. In our case we had to wake up early anyways. And the bed is a full bed size.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Cool area"
Walk or bike to very cool neighborhood establishments.
4 night business trip Jul 17, 2014
"Good place for few nights"
Excellent welcome, and the others customers are very sympathetic, the bed is not really comfortable but i stayed only one night and for this price it is correct. I recommended this place.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Delbee
"Love it!"
My second stay and one of my favorite places to stay when in Indiana!
1 night business trip Jul 9, 2014
Julia
I had never stayed in a hostel before, and this far exceeded my expectations. Met people from other countries. Would stay here again.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
Debbie
"Keep in mind it's a hostel"
My wife and I loved this place. We were seeing a concert at the Klipsch and wanted to stay a little further away to avoid the actual concert crowd. This is a converted multi story house. It has a well equipped kitchen, very spacious common areas and the double-room we stayed in was perfect for the two of us. It had a full sized bed and a small bathroom with a shower, stall, which we had to ourselves. It is definitely an urban neighborhood but I never felt unsafe. The owners own the house next door so the large yard between the two is also common areas and beautiful. We will stay again if we need to stay in Indy.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
mtl1104
"Unimpressed"
Cant say I will ever stay there again
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"Great Hostel, Great neighborhood"
The Indy Hostel was a gamble for me. It sounded good but I was a little nervous. But I didn't need to be, from the friendly staff to the digitally secured doors, beautiful backyard, free use of kitchen and laundry access (dryer costs 1.50) the facilities were great. I had a separate room but the dorm style rooms were cozy and would be great for thrift-minded folks. On top of this, I was in easy walking distance of excellent restaurants, a local beer tasting room, the Monon trail (biking, walking, skateboarding from one end of th county to the other) and one of the major bus lines. A great, fun place to stay.
3 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Ginger Tome
"Too Dang Hot"
I have stayed at the Indy Hostel several times, and this was the most uncomfortable stay yet. My room on the second floor was incredibly hot, and even with the windows open and a small fan running, I found it too uncomfortable to sleep. A staff member said they had A/C units but they never supplied one during my three-day stay. Overall it was a pretty disappointing stay. I left tired and sweaty!
3 night trip May 9, 2014
LC
"Great place"
This was an awesome experience. The only complaint were some drunk college kids right outside our window all night, being loud. But that's just a trade-off of the location. Great service and cool, modern-looking rooms and place.
1 night business trip May 9, 2014
Kyndel
"wish I could have stayed longer"
The hostel was exactly what I needed. Cheap place to stay in a nice neighborhood within walking distance of a good bar. The hostel itself ws really comfortable. The kitchen, tv room, deck, compeuter room, and laundry room were much nicer than I imagined. I felt right at home when I walked in. The chalk board in the foyer has a list of events for the week written down so you know what's going on around town and you can rent a bike for 10 bucks to get around. I will definitely stay there again and spend a few days at least.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
Ryan
"Hostel Rockification"
I had a great first time hostel experience. I made great friends with fellow guests. There was a band who played inside Saturday night-bands play on the outdoor stage during the summer, and we all hung out talking til late in the evening about everything imaginable. Great conversations with great people. Assistance with local restaurants, groceries, eateries, pubs, touristy things, you name it. The inside and outside is well kept, colorful, eco friendly, and awesome. You can rent a bike, pitch a tent in the back yard, have an accessible kitchen, and there's a great system in place for everything. It's wonderful. Great way to travel. :D Go Indy Hostel! Stay there and tell them Heather says Howdy from Austin, TX!
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Indy Hostel"
Well... It is a Hostel not a hotel. Therefore, if you don't fancy a college frat house type setting, this is not for you. I thought the place was clean, people were very friendly and very affordable. Sleeping arrangement was bunks 6 people to a room.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
Nathan
"Great place to stay!"
The surrounding locale may not be much, but if you've got a car it's really a great (and friendlier) alternative to staying in a hotel. Would stay again!
4 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
"First and last time I'll ever do a hostel."
I toured a new hostel in Chattanooga Tennessee, and was pretty impressed. So when I had a chance to book tonight in this hostile, I thought it would be similar. I was wrong. This was an old house, with old furniture, in an old neighborhood. I was hoping for a cheap place to sleep. Unfortunately, most of the residents seemed more interested in socializing until about 2:30 in the morning. The best part of the stay was leaving.
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2014
Larry S
"Nice hostel experience"
Stayed at the Indy hostel on the way to another destination. It was a nice hostel experience. Everything was clean and well organized. Good location close to cafes and restaurants.
1 night trip Mar 18, 2014
Nicole
"Works for a quick trip!"
Nice place, friendly staff. My only complaint is PARKING! It is in a neighborhood and I had to drive around to find a place to park both when we checked in and when we came in from the evening. Although the staff did point out the available parking it was all taken when we arrived back. Otherwise, no problems, easy location for visiting Broad Ripple.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
"Colorful Hostel, Colorful Experience"
If you haven't tried community living, you should. My friend and I stayed in the Indy Hostel. What a great experience--far exceeded our expectations. We chose the hostel because of the great customer ratings. Colorful building. Quaint but modern. Comfortable. Felt like home. Fully furnished. You can save a lot of money by cooking your own food in the decked out kitchen. Great experience if you love adventure and meeting new people. I will stay at this facility when I visit Indy again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 14, 2013
"Everything was great EXCEPT the bed"
The staff were great (and I mean stellar), the location nearly perfect, the shared restroom very clean, the properties well maintained, the other guests friendly. But. The bed was more like a hammock. I know it is not a 4 star hotel but we couldn't sleep past 4am due to the crevice / 6" slope to the center of the bed. We tossed and turned til 6:30 and then left. Again everything was great except the most important thing-the bed. We were in a private double.
1 night trip Dec 12, 2013
Justin
"Pleasantly Surprised"
First time trip to Indy decided to.visit my family and wanted to save some money. Great choice! So glad I stayed at the hostel. Check in was by 10pm and I happened to get on the road late so I was going to miss it. I recieved a call checking on me and because I prebooked with Hotels.com I was given instructions by text and email on entry into building and everything about the facilities. So impressed. Place was clean, the staff and the other travelers were friendly. I loved the charm of the place. I stayed in a shared room right across from bathrooms both which were very clean. I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend anybody family or friends.
4 night trip Nov 17, 2013
Rashida
Staff are extraordinary, they should be trainers in hotel management classes. The building is in need of some tlc, a little paint and basic repairs but I have stayed in far more expensive in far worse condition. The location in Broad Ripple is absolutely a perk and an easy trip into town. I would stay here again but what is true is you must be use to a "dorm type" life.
3 night trip Nov 19, 2013
"Indy Hostel"
There aren't really any other hostels in this kind of neighborhood in Indy.It's in a residential area, so very quiet. I had a rent car, so no trouble getting there. A short walk from trendy bars and restaurants, management very professional and courteous. I'll stay again whenever in Indianapolis.
2 night business trip Nov 15, 2013
"Great People, Great Place"
The people were great and the place was very clean which is not always the case with hostels.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"Cute hostel, friendly staff, where was the towel?"
This the only real hostel in Indianapolis, which the live-in managers were quick to point out when we arrived. We walked in the back door and were immediately offered some baked stuffed mushrooms and asparagus. The live-in staff was extremely friendly, and we talked for several minutes. We stayed in the room with the private bathroom. Now here's the thing: if you've stayed in a hostel before, you know that the standards are different. So yes, you could hear every noise in the house through the door. Yes, you are fairly likely to run into guests rummaging through the fridge when you walk in at midnight. And that's okay. It's great, actually. If you're looking for a normal hotel experience, this isn't where you'll find it, but the house is cute as all get-out, the people are friendly, and you can put a pushpin in your hometown on a giant wall map in the check-in room. All it was missing was (inexplicably?) towels. The hand towel was surprisingly absorbent though. :) The location isn't in the best part of town, but it isn't the worst, and it's about halfway between broad ripple and downtown, which is pretty darn convenient.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
Patrick
"Indy Hospitality"
The staff at Indy Hostel was extremely hospitable, especially Doug and Courtney. There was a minor mishap causing a water leak in the basement and the situation was quickly remedied. Nearby attractions in the South Broad Ripple area include Mama Carolla's and the adjacent breakfast joint Good Morning Mama's.
2 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"Surprised at how great this was"
Very impressed with this hostel. Very friendly and helpful. The whole place was very clean. The night I was there was very enjoyable. This turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Glen
"reviews are long"
Its great, not a better place to stay in the city and lots of words being typed on this hi hihibibihibibi
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
jason
"Great Intro to Hostel Life"
I had never chosen a hostel before and worried about horror stories I've heard from around the world. Indy Hostel must be the best of the best. I chose the only private bath room, because I'm old and like it that way ;) and I found it to be most clean and welcoming. The host met me at the airport for a price (stated on their website) that beat the taxi price. The kitchen is spotless and well equipped for meals. They gave me information on the neighborhood and how to get around town. I would definitely stay at IndyHostel again.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2013
Dreamerbee
"Broad Ripple find"
This is a hostel not a hotel, but our private double room was comfortable and quiet. It was a short drive to Broad Ripple for dinner and convenient to mid-town. This beats staying in overpriced downtown hotels or in the far north. If you can get the private room, this is worth it.
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2013
Becky
"Best hostel experience to date!"
I've stayed in hostels across the U.S. and in Europe. This was by far the most pleasant stay I've had yet. The atmosphere was very welcoming, and the staff were willing to go out of their way to help meet your needs. There were fresh veggies from an on-site garden available for guests to cook with, the rooms were cozy with quilts on the bed, and the location felt very safe. The hostel also provides easy access to a lovely bike trail which runs across the city. Highly recommended - I would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Sam
"Great hostel"
I stayed here during the week, and everything was very quiet. I knew that I would have an extended stay in town, because of starting a new job, and not being able to move my whole family right away. After the first four days here, I extended my reservation for another week. If I need to, I will probably extend it again in another week. It really feels very homey.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"Nice setup; a great alternative to hotels"
Hot shower; comfortable bed; Wi-Fi, kitchen facilities all for $21; can't beat it!
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
W
"Close to the Indiana State Fairgrounds"
I stayed at the Hostel while showing my chickens at the Indiana State Fair. Very close to the Fairgrounds and close to the Broad Ripple area. Also right by the Monon Bike Trail. Hostel staff were very friendly; my room was clean; it felt very safe staying there. I will go back next year, and when I do will bring my bike to ride on the trail. I also liked the "back yards" of the two hostel houses. No problem sharing a bathroom as I was up and out of there before other people who stayed in the same floor as I did were. I had a private room, so didn't share with anyone.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
Lu
"Great way to experience hostel living"
Fun place to take a large group. Enjoyed having a kitchen and a grill. Loved meeting fellow travelers. Very positive experience and wonderful staff.
4 night business trip Jul 22, 2013
Cary
"Overall a good value"
This is an excellent location, good price, and excellent manager but I would have liked to known ahead of time that the room was in a basement which like all basements smell and feel damp and there is no way to get outside air or sunlight. I would stay again but never again in the basement. The other issue is that being in the basement with the manager above, we could hear every sound from upstairs, music, footsteps, etc. I also thought I would be in the main house and looked forward to interacting with other guests but felt isolated in the back part of the property. I would have preferred my tent if I had known we would be sleeping in a basement.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
Sandra
Very comfortable and the people were extremely nice.
2 night trip Jun 17, 2013
"Everything you need"
This large converted house in a quiet residential neighborhood served all needs related to sleeping, eating, computing. Staff member Nikki on duty during my stay was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. This is what a hostel should be.
1 night trip Jun 10, 2013
"Cheap Digs near The Vogue"
Great location if you are doing something in the Broadripple part of Indy. It is very basic accomodations, which is what you would expect from a hostel, but Doug from Indy Hostel was very hospitable and showed all the different things we had access to. My brothers and I just needed a cheap place to crash before and after a show at the local Vogue Theater and this place fit the bill. Would stay again if back in the area.
Other trip May 21, 2013
Alex
"Like crashing at your cousin's place..."
Really enjoyed this place. It was great for a 1 nighter. It was close to a beer festival that we came into town for and walkable to great restaurants and bars. I would stay there again.
1 night trip with friends May 11, 2013
Nanc
"1st Hostel Stay, Pleasantly Surprised"
This was my first hostel experience, and I was very pleasantly surprised. Great staff and fun people staying there. Quick bus trip to and from downtown, and a short walk to many good bars, restaurants and a fun jazz club. Will def be back again.
Other trip May 10, 2013
Jose
"Disappointing this time"
When I arrived at 3:30 pm, there was no manager on duty and a room was not ready for me. I went out for an early dinner, and when I got back around 5:30 pm, a room was ready. That delay was a bit disappointing, especially after a long day of traveling. I ended up sharing a bathroom with other guests, which was fine because I never had to wait, but the bathroom could have been cleaner. The floor was pretty dirty, gross to step on after getting out of the shower. I have stayed here several times before, and this was my most disappointing stay. I may not come back.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013