All hotels in Pismo Beach, California, United States of America
1601 Shell Beach Road, Pismo Beach, CA, 93449, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Staff was pleasant and helpful... Loved that they were dog friendly
1 night trip May 9, 2014
"sooo close to beach!"
Over all I was very pleased with my stay. The hotel manager was VERY helpful and nice. It was a very short walk to cliffs above the beach where my husband and I watched an amazing sunset,before returning to our room. The rooms are very small but CLEAN:)
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Definitely returning!"
We enjoyed the cozy cottage-like rooms which were peaceful and quiet. We were never disturbed by neighboring rooms and the staff were very attentive and helpful.
1 night romance trip Apr 5, 2014
Destiny
"A place to sleep :)"
Overall, it's it is what it's supposed to be, a place to sleep. No ammenities such as a pool, I don't think I saw an ice machine, just a nice simple small room. My wife and I are a very simple couple. What we were going for, was a nice simple room that was close to the outlets and the pier that wouldn't break the bank and that's what we got. It was half a block away from the beach and a couple blocks south of there was a nice bar called Alex Bar. The room itself was small, one queen bed, and a small restroom. Not really modern at all, like we stepped into the 80's, but again, if you are not planning on spending all day in your room it's a good place to stay. Definitley a good place to stay overnight.
1 night trip Mar 30, 2014
"All they need is a couple of improvements...."
Nice little place with tiny rooms, very clean but the bed was old and hard. Old tv does not help in today's world of flat screens. If they replace the beds and install flat screens, that's all they need. Then I will comeback......
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"Quaint. Okay."
Stayed one night. Clean small room. Close to restaurants we were able to walk to. Didn't come for the beach came for a conference at a different hotel (the Cliffs Marriott). A very noisy street but our room was tucked down the sloping lot so we didn't hear as much noise. Very accommodating service. Expensive for a cheap motel. But still the best price I could find at the last minute.
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2014
Dbe
We started with no soap for the first two days. You could barely fit 2 ppl in a room
3 night trip Jan 17, 2014
"Great place for a quick stay"
Hotel staff were friendly and rooms were clean.
1 night trip Jan 19, 2014
"Compact room"
Everything was clean which is the main thing for me. But the shower head wasn't adjustable and the shower could only fit 1 person so don't expect to sneak in with your spouse! Lol. The bed was very hard as well, tossed and turned a lot.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"Great little city and fair hotel."
The staff and general neighborhood was very safe and friendly. I would stay in the hotel again but do have a few warnings. 1) the mattress is not very comfortable - it's firmer than I'm use too. 2) the pillows had stains. I'll bring my own pillow if I stay there again. Overall had a good stay.
2 night trip Jan 16, 2014
"One of the Pismo Area's Less Known Gems"
My family and I have been vacationing and staying in Pismo Beach and the surrounding areas for the past 20 years. We have stayed in most of the popular hotels, many with nights ranging from $250 to $350 per night. I knew of the Palomar Inn from passing it when we ocean kayak off Shell Beach, but we had generally lodged south of Shell Beach, in Pismo. I recently needed a quick one night stay in Pismo, and hesitated to spend the usual $200 or more at one of the “big” Pismo hotels. I recalled the Palomar, and decided to give it a try. The low price of the Palomar made me wonder how my stay would be, as my past experience with lower priced older hotels have sometimes been adventurous experiences. Wow, was I pleasantly surprised by the Palomar. Friendly front desk staff, nice small quiet rooms that reminded me of a cozy cabin experience, absolutely clean and pleasant, right down to the origami shaped towels placed in the bathroom. If you are looking for luxurious, spacious hotel suites overlooking the ocean, pay the higher nightly fees for a wonderful ocean front hotel that the Pismo area has to offer – they are great. But for a less expensive alternative, in a clean, quiet and comfortable smaller room, consider the Palomar. I will continue to stay at the many great beach front Pismo hotels in the future, but I have also added the Palomar to my list of favorite hotels in the Pismo area. A nice stay at a very fair price. I will definitely return.
Other trip Jan 11, 2014
SEA
"Can't recommend, but it's a bed...I guess."
Booked about an hour before showing up. Got the room, walked in to turn on the light and nothing. Went to another wall where there were two more switches and the ceiling fan light popped as if it blew the bulb(s). The wall outlet that the table lamp, mini fridge, and microwave was not working. We only had the far side table lamp on the other side of the bed and the bathroom light. The room was TINY. Could barely squeak by the end of the bed and big old wall heater. The bed was hard, and the linens felt out of date. The whole room felt decades old. The bathroom door would only close if you shoved it to the side because it didn't line up by at least 1/2". The bathroom itself wasn't too bad, but could have used an overhaul as well. The wall heater was extremely loud and made a tick tick tick sound all night. We spent a week on the road visiting different hotels along Highway 1 and this was by far the worst. The view of the ocean was non-existent.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
KG
"Perfect location"
Perfect for a stop off spot on along the coast. Walking distance to the sea, cafes, and much more.
1 night trip Jan 1, 2014
"My Second Stay at The Palomar Inn"
Based on location the price is more than good. Staff is very friendly and knowledgeable of the area. If you are looking for a five star hotel ... this is not it. But if you are looking for the best value for your money the Palomar Inn is it. The rooms are small, but they are clean and well maintained.
1 night trip Dec 20, 2013
"Very, very cold room"
The staff was nice at check in. I tried to turn up the heat in room but the thermostat appeared not to work. Luckily the room came with a heavy weight comforter. The room was clean with old furnishings. I would not stay there again.
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2013
"Very good for the price; excellent location."
This cozy motel was a great surprise. The room could be cleaner, yes, but it was perfect for what we were looking for. The staff is nice and authentic. I recommend it!
1 night trip Nov 11, 2013
Monica
"Basic. Clean. Friendly."
This is a very basic room in a beach town. It was very clean. Had strong WiFi and a friendly helpful staff. Located about a half mile from the pier and downtown area.
2 night trip Nov 14, 2013
Jack
"Only stay here if you want a cheap motel."
The heater didnt work, there were no extra blankets, the door had no seal you could see light come through the edges of the door and also feel the cold air. The tv was terrible, the bed had hair in it. It's amazing what they chose to remodel and what the chose to ignore. Seriously, only stay here if you can't afford anything else.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
I have always liked how quaint the Palomar Inn is. The rooms are clean and functional. Not really a vacation destination hotel but the area beautiful and the hotel is conveniently located to my family. The owners are gracious and accommodating. I will stay there any time I am in the area.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2013
"Spartan, small, adequate"
Their service (check-in) was very friendly. But room was tiny, and parking lot noise intrusive. My heat didn't work, which is an issue for at least 6 months of the year here. I didn't complain, because it was so late when I got in, I decided to tough it out. On the plus side, the coffee shop next door (non-affiliated) was quite lovely, and open at 6 am! Had a nice run to the west, cuz staying in the room was out of the question! Only 3-4 channels on the TV! This place offers the bare minimum accommodations, but the bed was comfy enough, the rate was cheap, and as I said, friendly staff.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"Needs a ton of work."
Bathroom was DIRTY. Stains on bedspread and carpet.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2013
"Wonderful staff"
Great little hotel, affordable and in a great location!
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
"Cute little hotel by the water"
The staff is very nice and the room was clean. The location of the hotel is a little further away from the Pismo Beach boardwalk, but it's less than 3 min in the car to get over there for shops and food. The shower head could be replaced to get proper water pressure. The cable cord behind the tv kept coming loose for some reason, so we had to tighten it a few times. We couldn't figure out the heater so I just stuffed towels on the bottom of the door to prevent heat loss. No free breakfast. We would come back because it was clean, affordable, and reasonable for a quick overnight stay.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
Mari
"Cute clean dive, but..."
Going to wedding and only staying one night, so weren't going to spend any time in room but for changing & sleeping, so got a this cheap hotel in good location. Everything fine, clean, vintagey...super small, but super nice staff. However bed was ROCK HARD. Awake all night, wondering how a matteress could possibly be so hard, could it actually just be a big plank of wood? Morning light showed it looked like a mattress, but still I'm not convinced it wasn't just a wrapped pool table. If you get a good deal, stay there, but ask for a room with updated mattress or bring a pad to put on the bed.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"Excellent Value"
I was on a motorcycle trip and needed a place to stay as it getting near dark. I chose the Palomar because of the price but was pleasantly surprised at the value I got. The room was small but that didn't matter to me as I was travelling alone. The room was extremely clean and the bed was comfortable.....that's all I needed. Would stay there again and I recommend it.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2013
Dale
"convenient location"
Nothing fancy here but comfortable, clean and convenient. Friendly staff.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"◄ Best Bang for the Money! ►"
I read a number of negative reviews prior to making my reservation. I based my decision on the fact that for every negative review there were far more positive reviews. Yes, the Palomar Inn is old. Yes, the rooms are small, but the room I had was clean and very well maintained. The room has a microwave and small refrigerator, standard TV and drum roll ... a VCR. Seriously, for the money you can not do better. Every other hotel in the area charges $30 to $150 more per night. Keep in mind this hotel/motel was built decades ago so it is not on par with a four star establishment that you will find close by. But again, it is clean and well maintain and I will stay at the Palomar Inn when I next visit the central coast.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2013
Michael Walther
"Beautiful neighborhood/dirty room"
I love the fact that it was within walking distance ocean view and the surrounding neighborhood was beauty. However, Palomar Inn's description was misleading. The bed was hard, bedspread had stains and cigarette burns. The carpet was nasty dirty. It was obvious the maid had not cleaned /vacuum along the walls or corners of the room. It was absolutely dusty and dirty.
2 night family trip Sep 23, 2013
lynn
"Very small room but clean. A cabin feel."
It was very quiet and it was clean, but very small room. It did the job for a night stay.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2013
sylvia
"Pretty awesome roadside motel experience"
Needed to take 101 down from bay area to LA with one pitstop, found this place. Pretty awesome. Room 104. Very small, limited features, but really good shape and quite clean. Walking distance to some bars, the coast, and a convenience store. Liked the breeze between the bathroom window in the back and the front window. Quiet ceiling fan.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
Alex
"bargain hotel near the beach"
Get there earlier than 10 on a friday if you want a hot shower. The Palomar is a decent, cheap place to stay in Shell Beach. Out of date, slightly sketchy, but pet friendly and clean. Microwave and fridge greatly appreciated by the budget traveler.
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
"Don't stay here"
Booked the hotel for the quite yet convient location, however, found the room to be pretty dirty with dust everywhere. I would have been better off at a Motel 6!
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2013
Cody
"An oldie, but a goodie"
If you can't afford to stay right on the beach, this motel will suffice. Rooms are very small, but they have what you need: bathroom, bed, micro and fridge. Nothing fancy, nothing new, but it was clean and quiet. Very close to Zorro's, which was a great little Mexican food restaurant!! loved it!
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
Pam
"Enjoyed my stay."
Had a very nice time. Enjoyed walking down to the beach and looking at the beautiful homes. The weather was great.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
Jen
"You get what you pay for."
We booked at the last minute while traveling down the central coast. Inexpensive, clean, but very outdated. Good location Shell Beach, but a lot of highway noise. Staff was nice. Did I say inexpensive and last minute?
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
"Run down and cramped"
But half the price of nearby motels that probably aren't any better.
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2013
"Quaint place minutes from beach"
The Palomar in wasn't bad for the price. Rooms were small, clean, and reminded me of grandmas. It is blocks away from little hikes to beach and the surrounding area is that of a beach community. The one complaint I would have would be the bed being so uncomfortable. It was hard as a rock and both of us woke up with back pain. Other than that our stay was pleasant for the price, and location.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
"Teeny tiny, but served the purpose"
We booked this hotel knowing we would spend minimal time in it. Since the other options in the area were $300+ we figured we would be getting what we paid for--a tiny room and bathroom, and not very comfortable bed. I think it was fine for my husband and me, but would not return with kids. Parking was great! The coffee shop next door, the Steaming Bean, was adorable and had excellent coffee (in fact, the coffee shop was the best part of the hotel).
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Jackie
"cute little place"
It was late and we were tired...looked up hotels.com. the hotel we looked ay was full and The Palomar Inn was recommended. Cute, vintage motel. Very nice staff considering we showed up at 11:45pm. Room was full of mismatched but it was very clean and it had a full kitchen. Only complaint was the fan in the bathroom was extremely loud. Let them know in the morning and I am sure it is fixed by now. They also were great at recommending local restaurant Zorro's for breakfast.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2013
"One of the Hotel with Worst Service"
The old chinese man at the front desk was very rude. He made it clear that it was our fault that we did not understand him. We did not know what he was saying because of his accent, yet he was impatient with us. Several electrical outlets did not work. TV was old and difficult to operate.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2013
"Charming little hotel. Close to food and beach"
Stayed 2 nights and the staff was very helpful in making our stay great. There's a great coffee shop right next to the hotel which is delicious. We walked to the beach. There's also a big park for kids about 1 mile from the hotel
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Greg
"not as bad as everyone says"
The stay wasnt so bad. The only bad thing was it was hot and the fan didnt work. The bed was comfy and the hotel was really quiet.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2013
"Vintage charmer - close to everything"
Our stay was convenient and the staff was very nice. Our out of state neighbor was up all night making noise - which was the only down side. The room was pretty small, but nicely maintained over all.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"Last minute booking"
Not as close to shopping or beach as I wanted. Bathroom was tiny, shower stall felt cramped. I didn't want to pay a lot just for the night, so it was adequate. The front desk lady was nice. Was able to use the WiFi, it had a fridge & microwave, that's a plus.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
anita
"Convenient Quaint place"
this is a great no frills stay...It meets the basic needs and is comfortable as you travel on the 101 highway and need a place to lay your head for the night. Great location for a walk to the beach in the morning or to grab a bite to eat at a near by restaurant. The hosts are cordial and pleasant.
1 night trip Jun 10, 2013
The Hankins
old hotel, nice reception, NOT a two star
Other trip May 27, 2013
mehran
"Nice little spot to relax"
Definitely the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in but it was perfect for two. Very clean, the lady at the front desk was such a sweetheart! The only bad thing was no AC just heat and a ceiling fan but when you open the windows it was totally do-able. I would definitely go back!
1 night romance trip May 18, 2013
Ashley
"5 stars for the price!"
This was a small, older motel. The rooms were very small and not fancy. But it also was only $53 a night. VERY clean. We were tired and dudnt feel like driving the final 4 hours home and we didnt want to spend a lot of money. this was just fine. i wasnt expecting the Hilton for this price. The best part was the 3 minute walk to the beach and the great coffee shop/cafe next door. We will stay here again. By the way, we are professional who can afford to pay more, but we usually don't for only one night. This was a good deal for being so close to the ocean and very clean. If you want fancy and large, don't go here!
1 night trip Apr 29, 2013
Tuna
"Great hotel traveling thru or looking for value"
Nice boutique little hotel (same with the rooms) nothing fancy, but in a great neighborhood with plenty of cafe's, restaurants and bars within walking distance. Beaches are nearby. Just a good value for a couple of days. You want something more upscale, $$$ buys you that upgrade just a mile to the north/south of this hotel.
Other trip May 2, 2013
"Small, but comfy"
Nice motel, with small rooms, but all the amenities, like a fridge, microwave and WiFi. Friendly staff too.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2013