All hotels in Mai Khao, Thailand

"Good value at a off central location"
Overall experience been very pleasing and staff to their best to make your stay pleasant. I booked thru Expedia and there seems to be some check in issue at first and required me to send my Expedia confirmation to hotel email Thought this could have been solved in back office without getting customer assistance. Though this was resolved promptly soon. On check in, my room do not have all the toiletries. Pretty disappointing for a 4/5 star hotel. Hotel is located near airport hence away from downtown. I travelled alone hence transport became an issue as the bus provided by hotel requires min 2 passengers (payable by guest). If you are travelling alone in off season. might be a bumper unless you plan to stay in resort during your stay. There nothing much surrounding the hotel except Mai Khong beach which is quiet (nice) though not swimmable. The waves were too strong for me. Still i like it is quiet and secluded. The far away location also means any pick up by travel agency requites additional cost. So do take note of that. Hotel is great for a quiet stay, and breakfast was fantastic. highly recommended. Pool is pretty small, but i went during off season so not much of a problem. Also tried the SPA and massage. Expensive but well worth the price. Recommended. Overall i would given a 5 if not for the little gap here and there. Stay here if you want a quiet getaway, dont mind paying for getting into town and will stay in the resort most of the time.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Yong
SG
"Great service & hospitality"
It was a lovely resort for our family of 2 young kids. The staff were very attentive to our needs especially since our 4 year old became sick halfway through our stay. They packed our breakfast for us and sent some cake and note after learning about our sick child. And also packed breakfast for us when we checked out as it was an early check-out and we did not have time for breakfast. The resort also had a kids' playroom. And my kids enjoyed playing there. It had free activities for the kids and a great variety of toys to occupy them. We were very pleased with our stay there and would definitely recommend it to all our friends.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
Anne
SG
"excellent hospitality by quan spa is over rated."
i have never written a review before, however i think this is worth writing. Tony at the front desk was so helpful during our stay. Breakfast, definitely one fo the best in town. Overall the hotel has excellent staff and is very clean and comfortable. My daughter and I went to Quan spa and we were disappointed with the level of service. We paid a significant amount for a facial, massage and body wrap. don't spend your money at quan spa, it is supposed to be a 90 mins service and we were done by about 70 mins including taking a shower. we were suppose to get a 30 mins massage, we might have gotten 10 at most 15 mins. save your money and go to the beach side massage for a fraction of the price with experienced therapists.
2 night trip May 15, 2014
RW
"Great hotel staff.."
Fantastic experience. Will definitely recommend others to go to this Hotel.
Other trip May 5, 2014
MY
"A true 5 star experience"
We arrived on a late flight into Phuket and took a taxi to the hotel. The greeting at the hotel couldn't be better, our bags were instantly taken, we were sat down, handed a lovely drink and cold jasmine towels to freshen up. The hotel it self is stunning, the grounds, the rooms, even the bathroom is a wow. Service is amazing, the room was cleaned to the highest standard and the staff are a delight. Everything you can imagine is taken care of, they provide beach towels, flip flops, bags, water.....even a torch! The peddle bikes you can take from reception were great, we cycled to turtle village everyday. I could go on forever about this place, I will be staying again and would recommend this place to everyone. Paul
Other trip May 4, 2014
Paul Nicholson
"Fantastic Hotel"
Stayed 3 nights and had a great time. The hotel is very modern and clean, close to the airport and right on the beach. But what stands out from many other hotels is the staff and the food. The staff is very attentive and professional and they really go that extra mile, at least from my experience. I would go as far to say they are as good or even better than 1000 dollar/night hotels we've stayed in. Then the food. The breakfast has all you could want but first of all everything is tasty, fresh and of very good quality. We had a BBQ buffet near the beach, and although not cheap, it was in the end good value if I compare to the prices I would have payed for the same amount in some of the local restaurants in the nearby village , plus you got thai music and dance. Everything was very tasty and of good quality. The Sandbox on the beach was also nice with wood fired oven. Highly recommended and we will come back.
3 night family trip Apr 22, 2014
Anders
SG
"Lovely resort away from the hustle and bustle"
My boyfriend and I stayed here for 7 nights and were very pleased with our selection.The hotel staff were all very polite, pleasant and helpful and spoke English well. On arrival to the hotel, we were provided with two refreshing ice tea drinks and given an introduction to the hotel and its facilities before getting a lift to our room on the hotel buggy. Our room was a standard room on the ground floor which was well presented, clean with a nice design. The bathroom was also clean, well designed and very spacious with a marble basin and walls. Room service was pleasant and generally quite efficient with items arriving shortly after being requested. Our safe deposit didn't work on the first night which was quickly fixed up by the hotel staff. This resort is nice and peaceful and right next to Mai Khao beach which we loved. The trade off for this serenity was that it was quite far from Patong (around 1 hour drive) and the hotel shuttles had limited times. We went to Patong for 3 days out of our 7 days here. However, if we had to choose again, we would still choose the Renaissance. We visited the neighbouring sister resort JW Marriott via the complimentary shuttle but preferred the calm and personal service provided by our hotel as the JW Marriott is a much larger hotel therefore with a lot more people roaming about. JW Marriott however does have better transport options with complimentary shuttles to Turtle Village. We definitely recommend this hotel!!
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
glee
"Excellent Hotel"
Modern facilities with extremely friendly staff + great spa.
4 night business trip Apr 19, 2014
"late break"
Excellent hotel with great staff, nice beach, gardens and bars, service with a smile from all concerned, the staff are all attentive to your needs. Food at the Sandbox and the Takieng was very good and menu,s at both were adequate.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
jack
"Fantastic Vacation"
The whole trip was like a dream came true experience. The hotel is clean. Their decor is rather simple as opposed to gaudy one. The staff commands good English and are eager to please us, guests. The food was tasty for a resort hotel. I would recommend anyone who wants to enjoy Phuket.
4 night romance trip Feb 4, 2014
N. Ishihara
"FAB Stay, outstanding Service."
Perfect getaway before heading to Southern Andaman Sea. Perfect hotel. Would stay again for business and pleasure. Best breakfast buffet.
2 night romance trip Jan 14, 2014
Swiss Italian Couple
"Superior Service: true 5 star!!!"
We were quite skeptical at first because of the remote location but after arrival, the warm welcome and sincere service truly made this the BEST hotel we've ever stayed!! The beautiful landscape and awesome facility was beyond expectation. All the staff were super friendly. The only drawback would be the inconvenience of going to the town center which is 1 hr drive away.
4 night trip Dec 24, 2013
Happy Camper
"Quit Paradise"
Very good serv
9 night trip Dec 9, 2013
"Great resort"
Will consider to stay there again.
3 night business trip Dec 14, 2013
CK
"Everything went right!"
We had a long weekend to get away from it all. It was the best in years for me. We were made to feel special, the rooms were large and spacious, the Thai restaurant served some fantastic food, and the massage was numero uno. Minor quibbles: not-so-great coffee and tea in the room; reading lamps not well designed for lying down with a book (you need to sit up or the light shines in your eyes). I can also recommend phukettaxi.com (not connected to the hotel) - reasonable and reliable airport transfers done online with payment at the end of the journey.
3 night trip Nov 22, 2013
RB
SG
"quiet and nice hotel, very epensive wine and food"
expensive food and drink for a thailand hotel.
3 night romance trip Nov 20, 2013
"Fantastic surrounding"
We were amazed that everything can be found right in the vicinity of the hotel including cheap and good thai massage right at the beach front. The breakfast was worth a mention as well. Nothing to complain about.
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2013
"One of the Best."
Our stay at Renaissance Phuket was a first class experience. It started with the quality and depth of staff training and ended the same way. The hotel is a modern, elegant and beautiful place to be in sun or rain. The rooms are very private and have a nice view of the lake and garden. We would certainly return.
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
David and Bo
"Great Resort and Spa, oustanding 6 days"
Top Hotel, Top Services and super friendly staff. Every wish was fulfilled. Great Spa. Only small improvement to suggest would be to do a daily cleaning of the beach. Knowing that waves caused some extra stuff on the beach some major parts coming over night could easily have been removed. Still a perfect 6 days in a great hotel with outstanding service
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
JohnNie
"Take plenty of money"
the hotel was fantastic, the staff very helpful the whole experience was great but being as you are a little way from virtually anything else you do feel that you have to eat at the resort which is very expensive compared to hotels that are near other places to eat other than the hotels resort.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2013
"Very nice hotel, but next to a construction site."
There was noisy construction going on next to the left wing we did not know about. We managed to change our room after two nights, to the left wing, and it was much nicer. Shuttle to Marriot could be done using a bigger vehicle and be more on time. We had to take a normal taxi once as there were too many people waiting and the shuttle was late anyway.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"A true get away for those wanting to do nothing"
A week away to recharge the batteries and away from the cold of winter was just the trick in this tropical location. Friendly staff where nothing was too much trouble and always a friendly smile. Would go back again.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
Sue & FDQ
"GREAT LOCATION, GOOD SERVICE"
This is the most pleasant stay and accomodation that my husband and i had of the 3 trips (4 hotels and location) in phuket.. We love the tranquility of the beach and how the hotel stretches to the beach without having to cross any roads. Rooms are value for money and breakfast is delicious. This is the only hotel so far that we had stayed in which offers honeycomb during breakfast. Thought the spa price was a bit pricey as compared to some other hotels and hence we have given it a miss this trip. Overall it was a great holiday for us in Phuket although it was a bit short (2 days at Renaissance). We will definitely stay for a longer period at Renaissance for our next trip as there are many areas to explore to the north of Phuket. Cheers and thanks for a wonderful experience.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2013
cyk2013
SG
"Great hotel, shame about the beach"
The hotel is beautiful, modern and very quiet. The rooms are very nice and new, large bathrooms. We enjoyed everything except for the beach, unfortunately you can not swim during the low season because of the waves, however to be fair most of the Phuket beaches have red flags at the moment..If the beach is not important don't hesitate booking the hotel-it's beautiful and the breakfast is one of the best I ever had, truly and incredible choice and quality!
6 night trip with friends Jul 16, 2013
"Great Hotel , very nice service, ! Overall good!"
My stay was awesome ! really liked the BREAKFAST choices, SWIMMING POOL, private beach , good property and friendly staff. The only thing that irritated me was Location of the hotel. Its like 1 hr drive to the city which cost me 800 baht one way !! Rest of it was awesome resort!
5 night romance trip Jun 19, 2013
"Great resort, highly recommended."
Stayed for 10 nights in June, during the monsoon. Hotel is incredible, nothing is too much trouble for the terrific staff and the room and facilities are top notch. We had a top floor (4th) Deluxe Room, overlooking the grounds. Couldn't see the sea or the waterfall, but that didn't matter, it was superb. Weather was very wet for 6 days, then dried up a bit, it's quite unpredictable and forecasts are hopeless, so just go with it and be prepared to get a little soaking now and again, it's warm all the time so not too uncomfortable and you dry off quickly. As mentioned by others, get the buffet breakfast included rate, you will not regret it! Lunch, dinner and drinks are expensive though, but there are two hut restaurants a few minutes walk from the resort (shortcut through the grounds of neighbouring Sala resort), both have identical menus and are extremely good, a third of the price of the hotel restaurant. Note that if you plan on stocking up with snacks and supplies in your room, the only place nearby is the Turtle Village mini-mart (20 min walk each way), it too is expensive so you'd be best off arriving at the hotel with a bag of goodies to keep you going. Highly recommended.
Other trip Jun 21, 2013
NZ
"unreliable service"
We reserved for island hopping half day program, leaving on Sunday 8am through the hotel. When we got to the hotel lobby on Sunday morning, the hotel staff told me that the bus was on the way. After waiting 20 minutes, I asked him again about the bus, then he called the island hopping service provider and told me the trip was cancelled because of the weather. So we booked afternoon trip, and he would let us know 1 hour before departure. Because we were at the kid club, I called the lobby 50 minutes before departure, and the hotel staff told me that the afternoon program is not cancelled. However, when we got to the hotel lobby 10 minutes before the departure, the staff told me the afternoon trip was also cancelled!! We basically wasted whole day. I don't recommend going there during rainy season. There is not much to do....
3 night trip Jun 8, 2013
kate
"Beautiful relaxing holiday"
Hotel is beautiful and modern a bit far from town, shops, and other beaches. We wanted a relaxing holiday so this was not much of a problem for us. The beach is not great because sea is quite rough and I was expecting calm sea, and they dont have sun beds on the sand I dont know if this is a safety thing due to the high tides. The condition of the hotel is really good and staff are kind and helpful, however english is not good and hardly understandable so be prepared to make an effort in that area. The pool area is not too big but it is very nice. Food in general is fine, the best experience was their own Thai restaurant, it was amazing, also you should try the spa.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
Myr
"Lovely stay in a beautiful hotel"
Just came back from a lovely stay at the Rennaisance. Was greeted on arrival and led to my deluxe room and the check in process happened there and I had arrived early at 10.30am but there was no problem getting into my room. They asked me to join the Marriott rewards program in order to get free wifi which worked very well. Beach was great as was lounging around the pool, food was good but not fantastic, service was wonderful. The only problem I encountered was when my shower flooded as there was a blockage and the water spilled out into the bedroom and soaked the carpet. I would stay there again....
4 night trip Apr 28, 2013
"impecable service"
Staff there was helpful and polite Avoid using the room phone to make calls
Other trip May 2, 2013
Konstantinos
"Great hotel in a nice part of Phuket"
Fantastic hotel - great place to stay for both couples and families. Located away from the sometimes not-so-nice bits of Phuket in a very relaxing, quiet and secluded area (having said that, its easy to get around the island in taxis). The beach is beautiful and secluded - although the sea can be a bit rough - the pool area provides a good substitute. The property is relatively new and very well maintained - rooms are good and nicely appointed. Service is friendly and prompt. The restaurant choices can get a bit boring after a while - but that's in the case of every resort and its easy enough to wander to the many restaurants at the five star hotels next door or take a cab to one of the restaurants frequented by the locals. The best part about the hotel is a local group of masseuses that work just off the beach, right next to the hotel's restaurant. They charge a fraction of what the hotel's spa charges and are just as good (if not better). One could literally get a day's worth of relaxing massages (if you were so inclined) by walking literally 10 feet from the hotel's lawns! Fantastic! All in all - a nice and very relaxing 5 star hotel to stay at. Recommended!
Other trip Apr 21, 2013
"A quiet spot... Outside the school holidays"
Lovely spot. Decor is lovely but finish not to the same standard as your usual Marriott. Food on site is excellent. We were there at Easter and breakfast was quite over sub-scribed - we had to queue 2 days out of 3 and it was very noisy with lots of families (school holidays). For couples I can imagine it's perfect outside the holidays. It is a quiet spot with not much around it - perfect for a weekend of lazy R & R. But the Marriott at Khao Lak I find better value, and although also v family centred it's so big you can always find a quiet spot, even for breakfast. Downside there is it's much further from the airport and restaurants etc of the Phuket area.
Other trip Apr 6, 2013
"Peaceful"
What a peaceful escape, loved the resort and beach. A remote getaway.
Other trip Mar 30, 2013
"Quiet, sophisticated, chic"
Stayed one night only in March 2013 because we were flying out of Phuket early the next day. Stayed in a standard room adjacent to the lobby. It's quite a large resort, but design and fittings are luxurious, contemporary, chic. We stayed only one night so didnt avail ourselves to too many of the hotel's amenities. The grounds are beautifully landscaped but not stuffily so. Very laid back, relaxed atmosphere about the place. Miles of beautiful beach - public, but still quiet. Good for swimming, though we were warned to beware of jellyfish... not sure how to do that though! Had diner & breakfast at Vera Loca, their coffeehouse. Food was good, a bit pricey though not unpleasantly so. Breakfast buffet very good. Staff generally very helpful and friendly. The room was of a good size, with great day-bed for reading and chilling. Bathroom is separated from the bedroom with huge glass panels with venetian blinds. The blinds can be lowered for privacy, but it takes some patience and muscle. Rain shower could do with more water pressure. Stay here to relax, to read...etc. Very cool, romantic. Stay elsewhere if you're the active type and are looking for nightlife.
1 night family trip Mar 9, 2013
SG
"Great resort, will be back!"
Have just returned from a lovely stay at this hotel. The staff were warm and friendly and accommodated our every need. The hotel was clean and is well laid out, with a great sense of space - more often than not you would only ever see a handful of people walking around the resort. The breakfast buffet caters for all and the a la carte menu (at all the restaurants) is reasonable, although some will think the prices are not. We stayed in a deluxe room on the 4th floor overlooking the lobby and main restaurant, basically a birds eye view over the resort. Didn't stay in any other room so have nothing to compare ours to but we couldn't have been happier with the comfort, layout and location of the room. The Quan Spa is great and I would recommend anyone wanting to unwind to try it once. The massages down by the beach are also a good cheaper option. The gym has enough equipment to give you a good workout, with a steam room in the mens bathroom and a sauna in the womens. Mai Khao beach is stunning, have fond memories of early morning swims in the calm, warm waters. There is a sharp drop off into the Andaman sea so if you are not a strong swimmer do not venture out too deep. There are also some great little restaurants approx 10 mins walk from the resort, which are much much cheaper to dine at (for those on a budget) but really good food. All in all this was a fantastic holiday and I would recommend anyone visiting Phuket to book their stay at the Renaissance.
Other trip Mar 4, 2013
"Incredible experience in phuket"
fantastic accommodation in an incredible location with very helpful staff. The hotel always felt like an exclusive experience as there is plenty of space and time to relax. The breakfast buffet was incredibly good and I really enjoyed my freshly made morning fruit smoothies and 5 star eggs benedict. Lots of choice in a beautiful relaxing setting.
Other trip Dec 30, 2012
Raj
"5 Star Hotel"
Stayed 3 nights. Beautiful hotel and stunning entrance. Have stayed at many 5 stars hotels and this compares well. Loved the Thai restaurant. Also ate at the sister hotel (JW Marriott) a 5 minute shuttle ride from the Renaissance - can recommend the Japanese. Easy 15 minute transfer to airport for 500 Baht. Would definitely go back.
Other trip Dec 17, 2012
"Renaissance hotel mai khao"
Very clean and excellent customer service. It is just far from Phuket town and it may cost 1000 baht (1 way) to travel from hotel to Patong or phuket town. Highly recommended for family or couple to get away from crowds.
Other trip Nov 13, 2012
Judith
"Super friendly staff!"
Second time to this resort as we were very impress after our first visit. Friendly staff, good spa, excellent beach. You can't ask for anything more.
4 night romance trip Oct 28, 2012
ineedanothervacation
SG
"Excellent staff and very courteous"
I would highly recommend this hotel for those who are looking excellence. Most courteous staff eve seen in any hotel and very good ambience with very good buffet breakfast .
2 night trip Oct 24, 2012
Sanjay
IN
Fantastic. Had such a comfortable and relaxed stay here. Room was immaculate and clean, comfortable beds. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the food and drinks were absolutely delicious. Would definitely book another holiday stay here.
Other trip Oct 11, 2012
Lu
"The Best of the BEST< go Marriott, what a Honeymoo"
Renaissance is a Marriott property, newer and better than the main property. It is one of many on this particular part of this beach, but it is the newer one and it is just spectacular from the first moment we saw it at 3am in the morning after a delay flight. Service, cleanliness, food, view, ocean, pool are just second to none. Just absolute peace and tranquility. God has bless this place, or good design. WOW. I stilll can not believe how beautiful it is. A little far from the main place of Patong beach city, and Phuket city about 30 min taxi ride, but a tranquility and peace is why I came and boy did I get the full load. A nice pool ocean front, two ocean front restaurant of Thai and Pizza. It just don't get any better. New property, so it is clean and modern. Shuttle to the nearby strip mall is a bit inconvient so that can be improved. Bravo and well done, GO Marriott Renaissance.
4 night trip Sep 26, 2012
World traveler
CN

"Excellent!"
Excellent!
3 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
HK
"mukemmel"
havalimanina arabayla 15-20 dk mesafede, kahvaltisi harika, odalar genis ferah ve temiz, wifi iyi, calisanlar cok kibar ve guler yuzlu, kumsali biraz zayif ama havuzuyla bu eksikligi kapatiyor, fiyat/kalite karsilastirmasi mukemmel.
2 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
Tugba
TR
"Un service parfait et une équipe formidable"
Excellent séjour en famille Très bel hôtel Super service
7 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
amine
FR
"Tres bien"
Hotel très sympathique Rien à dire. Tout s'est très bien passé. Aucun souci. A recommander.
9 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
Yahor
CH
"Bra läge"
3:e gången vi bor här härlig strand och en fantastisk frukostupplevelse
8 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
SE
"Little Fault"
Almost everything is perfect,but one night I found a cockroach in my room.And on the second day nobody apologizes to me.it makes me disappointed
2 night romance trip Mar 11, 2015
Lingyan
CN
"Rauhaa ja hyvää palvelua"
Hieno hotelli ja hyvä palvelu. Ranta oli aivan mahtava. Hotellin ravintolat hyviä. Lähistöllä vain muutama rantaravintola eikä lainkaan kauppoja, joten tämä on oikea paikka rauhaa rakastaville.
7 night trip Mar 9, 2015
Pia
FI
"Room too small, nothing around at all"
Room too small for hotel in Puket , I been to Puket 5 times already , smallest hotel room I don't except to see in the resort area, really nothing around the hotel , the mall near have nth worth to go except supermarket , if u get good price like around USD120 is worth , anything more Pls have second thought b4 pay .... Only my personal option
3 night trip with friends Mar 7, 2015