All hotels in Dunmore East, Ireland
Dunmore East, Dunmore East, Waterford, Ireland, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Best coffee in Ireland"
An excellent, comfortable, well appointed, perfectly staffed hotel ... excellent service, fantastic food, and the most comfortable room overlooking the sea and to top it all, the best coffee in Ireland! Will definitely visit again!
1 night romance trip Nov 4, 2013
Ann Marie
"IRELAND AT ITS BEST"
THIS HOTEL IS WHAT I THINK, ABOUT WHEN I THINK OF IRELAND
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
"Quiet, beautiful Inn by the sea"
Quaint, quiet, relaxing and wonderful views from our windon/balcony. Enjoyed this Inn emensously, would definitely return on our next trip to Ireland.
2 night trip Sep 9, 2013
"Terrible!"
The ONLY positive thing about The Strand was the view. Carpets, etc. were dirty, room was minuscule, service was non-existent.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2013
"Had five star personality."
Quaint bed and breakfast. The Rooms we rented were clean and tidy and had a great view. We would stay again. If you get the chance eat at the mansion on the hill it was great.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2013
Lew and Annette
Lovely water view, watching people swimming and canoeing- Great little village, thatched roof cottages, we took a walk up the cornice, down towards the fishing port, that was wonderful. Staff was most helpful and cheerful, B&B good value for money, breakfast was wonderful.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2013

"Super place to stay, with excellent service through"
I SO wanted to take the bed home with me !!!! Large cosy pillows and an extremely comfortable bed. Service throughout was excellent and Catherine who served me breakfast was particularly efficient and helpful.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"the strand inn"
Had a lovely stay and amazing steak for dinner, the staff were very friendly. I woke up next morning to the amazing view of dunmore east !!! Cant wait to come back in summer. Ronan dublin. :-)
1 night trip Jan 1, 2014
ronan
"Lovely location, disappointing hotel"
Firstly, no free parking as stated on our booking form, we were told "find a space on the road". Next, the hotel had no record of our booking but did find us a room - we had a beautiful view and a tiny balcony ( not all rooms have balconies )but the room was very small. The shower area was teeny and had no heating! The owners are probably doing their best with a crumbling building but I would not choose to stay here again.
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
"Great hotel with fantastic view"
GreaT room, great breakfast, great location. Only issue we had was shower leaked.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
"5* Service, Food and Location"
Everybody has their own ideas about what they want from a hotel. The Strand Inn was perfect for us. Our room as bright, clean and comfortable and opened out onto a small balcony which overlooked the beach. It was quiet at night with just the sound of the sea and we were able to sleep comfortably. We enjoyed steaks on our first night which were cooked perfectly and served promptly by staff who at all times made us feel valued and welcome. We would return again to this Hotel and would recommend it to friends and family.
2 night trip Sep 18, 2013
"Bring you earplugs"
Arrived - they didn't know I was booked - said they could accommodate me just because they had a cancellation. They put me in a room above to main bar. His is Saturday night and a band was performing . Originally scheduled to play from 10pm to 12am. The renegotiated to. Play a 1/2. Hr later . I don't mind a bit of music but the noise went straight through the floor . I couldn't get to until 3am along with the music I had to put up with the band talking loudly in the room next door after they played. I would not have minded if the were charging 50 euros for the room but 130 euros outrageous. On leaving I refused to pay the full price. To their credit the halved the room cost. So I strongly urge anyone wanting to stay that you don't under any circumstances stay in any room above the bar areas. My stay was absolutely horrible and has put a sour note to my trip to Ireland.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
Bassman
"Stunning views, great location"
Stayed here for one night while at a wedding. Our room was great, with fantastic views overlooking the bay. The room was bright, spacious and nicely decorated. Very clean and tidy. Staff were friendly and the full Irish breakfast was very tasty. The rooms might be a little on the pricey side, but we didn't mind so much because the location was perfect and the view from our room was so good - though admittedly we were extremely lucky with the weather that weekend!
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
RL
Great piano player! Bar is very pleasant, relaxed ambience, pretty blue-and-white room. Restaurant could do with refurbishment.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2013
"Brill, sands and sounds"
We intended to spend 1 night on our SE Ireland mini tour but decided to stay for 3 nights and make this our base. The exceptional summer weather played a part but our first sight of The Strand, busy with afternoon drinks and ice creams next to a quiet beach and looking out to the lighthouse on the Hook peninsular across the estuary, is one we'll never forget. Arriving midweek we had a choice of rooms and selected the brightest one with the biggest balcony. The food at breakfast and supper was mostly excellent, especially the pan-fried brill (a huge serving) and the live music, on our first night at least, was fabulous. Americans reading this will be interested to know that the shower head in our room was impressive though the cold water pressure was not and although a repairman was summoned on our first night and 'knew what to do', he'd not made a difference by check-out time. It's definitely a place we'll return to, even in less clement weather. The large patio slopes quite steeply away from the hotel to the sea wall: evidently it gets breeched in a roaring south-easterly!
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2013
"a little piece of heaven"
this was our third visit to the strand ,and everytime we return we fall in love with it more.A little inn beside the see that oozes charm, and tranquilaty and yet is full of life and character.the owners brother and sister Clifton and louise greeted us with teir usual warmth and charm and as usual louise gave us her expert advice on our choice of foof in their first class seafood restaurant that night...to top it all we had the room in the attic with its huge bed and luscious white linen with a view of the sea to die for!!!our only complaint was we couldn't get in for another night as they were fully booked our fault for not booking the 2 nights!cant wait to return agin and be totally spoilt Jacqui and paul
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"Great location and staff were very welcoming."
We would definitely stay at the Strand Inn again!
1 night trip Jun 30, 2013
Wendy
"fantastic hotel"
We stumbled upon this hidden treasure in the beautiful village on dunmore east.situated right on the strand. Cosey rooms and lovely food.staff and owners were extremely friendly and couldn't for enough for us.would definitely rather this than a 5 star hotel. Children friendly also. 15 minutes from waterford city.would go back again in a heartbeat.
1 night trip May 25, 2013
Claire
"fabulous location!!"
We had a great stay. Location was excellent. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
1 night trip May 4, 2013
excellent value. food first class and views from room wonderful. will return.
2 night trip Oct 31, 2012
"Lovely coastal location"
Enjoyable
1 night trip Oct 20, 2012
Despite the weather we enjoyed our stay very much.
3 night trip Oct 8, 2012
"Relaxing"
An overnight stay. We had a room with a Balcony, great view, very Relaxing. We will stay there again in the future.
Other trip Oct 2, 2012
over al hotel was very gud.staff were lovly and helpful.we had 2 rooms,my parents had a beauiful large room while mine was smal wit floor un even and sinkin in places.also it was beside the kitchen which was loud late at nite and early in morning also there was a strong smel of food cooking.apart from this problem wit my room,we al enjoyed our stay.restaurant was very nice.starters and mains were great.desserts disapointin as they were brought in frozen gateaus.location beauiful on the beach.wil go again next yr
Family trip Sep 30, 2012
niamh
"Ideal spot for relaxing"
Enjoyed the brilliant veiws the friendliness of the people. The rooms are bright and clean and the food is good.
2 night trip Sep 22, 2012
kath
"Fantastic location great atmosphere"
Loved being so close to ocean and walking to all the lovely restaurants and local sights. Staff were helpful and our room had a balcony with awesome ocean views
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2012
Deb
1 night romance trip Aug 19, 2013
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for The Strand Inn

"Slightly shambolic!"
07/29/15 suzisalam Dublin, Ireland
I stayed at the Strand Inn on a Saturday night with my girlfriends (all in our mid-30s). On first inspection, the hotel seemed very nice but when we settled in, we began noticing things that weren't quite right like mis-matched furniture, cheap laminate floors, tired carpets, broken lock on bathroom door etc etc. To be fair though, overall, it's quite aesthetically pleasant to look at but I expect more when a hotel bills itself as being 'boutique'! We were delighted as there was a balcony off our room overlooking the sea and the wait staff kindly chilled our bottles of prosecco. We had also booked in for dinner that evening. I am coeliac and I ordered pate with coeliac bread. When my dish arrived, I questioned whether the bread was coeliac or not and I was advised that it was not by the waiter and he said he would change it immediately. My pate came back out (supposedly with coeliac bread) and I tucked in happily until the waiter came along and told me not to eat the dish as there was a mistake and the bread was in fact non-coeliac. I advised the waiter that I had eaten the bread already and that I would be sick and he just didn't seem to get it. In fairness, he was only a young lad and probably didn't have a clue about the implications for me if I ate gluten. I decided to have the salmon instead which was a nice enough dish. Anyway, the manager came over to apologise and I accepted his apology. Then I had bouillabaisse for my main which was a poor attempt. I make it myself at home and I know exactly how it should be and it was a far cry from my dish, it was a waste of good fish quite frankly! Although the dining room had the most stunning views of the ocean, it was very very loud and we could barely hear one another, however, it was exceptionally busy given it was late July so I can live with that. Anyway, once we were done, we ordered the bill and not only was our order on the menu but there were lots of pints of Carlsberg and Bulmers and additional items which we hadn't ordered. I also did not expect to pay for any of my food at all given the huge mistake they had made yet my food was on the bill. We asked for another bill and they removed the drinks etc and just my starter but left my main course on the bill so we decided to pay the bill but just deduct the price of my main course, I was perfectly happy to pay for the wine and my coffee. We then went to the bar for drinks and the manager came over to me with our bill and the cash we paid in his hand and said that we had left them short. I explained to him that I was coeliac and that although I was not feeling ill at that moment in time, gluten remains in your system for 6 weeks leaving a scar on my small intestine and that I would be sick and lethargic at some point in the immediately future (the next morning I felt dreadfully ill and had to pull over the car a few times). He accepted that I shouldn't have to pay for my food and gave us a bottle of prosecco as compensation. He explained the mishap in the kitchen and whilst doing so, it became very clear to me that neither the wait nor kitchen staff had a clue about the protocol when dealing with coeliacs. All I can say is that I hope they sort it out as the place has great potential. I think the hotel itself could do a bit of sprucing up of the hotel also as it's not exactly cheap at €60 per head for B&B for one night for 3 people sharing. It was all just a bit shambolic!! In saying that, I would stay again and hope for a better result!
"The most Amazing Lication"
07/28/15 Teresa W Chipping Ongar, United Kingdom
We have just returned from a three night stay in this great hotel We had sea view room with balcony,hotel is brilliant with wonderful staff perfect location.Be prepared for late nights great music excellent food so not a hotel for quiet nights in summer time but life is too short so enjoy the fun and the company The breakfast is made to order the restaurant is a must Would highly recommend
"Amazing "
07/19/15 eamonnfr Waterford, Ireland
What can I say about this excellent restaurant that hasn't been said before. If you are looking for excellent food excellent service great choice of wines and beers look no further that the Strand Inn.Cliften and Louise brother and sister take such care of the food being served and their customers(friends) that everyone one entering their premises feel special. I cannot recommend this establishment higher.
"Lots of potential..."
07/14/15 Monaghangirl01 Monaghan, Ireland
Location of hotel is excellent however same could not be said for the value for money. The shower/ bathroom was very pokey and noisy, with a very weak trickle in the shower.. Our twin room was quite small and located above the kitchen to the back which made it very noisy... We had to keep the curtain closed as we felt "on display".. Perhaps if we had a better room my opinion might be higher.. The "free wifi" was not available in the room and only partly available downstairs.. Breakfast was ok.. We dined in the restaurant and it was quite tasty and lovely décor.. So All in all the place has the potential to be fab... I got a negative vibe from some of the staff... as though they were unhappy with their job... this should not be evident to holiday makers!! Another thing I found a little alarming was the lovely big fat orange cat that came out of the kitchen into the dining room on the night we ate there.....
"Lovely location but....."
07/14/15 retronua Moss Landing, California
Stopped in The Strand Inn while touring the area to see if we could get last minute accommodation, and we did. The location is excellent, the room had a balcony overlooking the bay, which was great, but it also overlooked the deck downstairs of the bar area, which meant late night noise. The room was decorated nicely,but could have used some sheer curtains on the big windows, as the diners in the restaurant below could look into the bedroom if they looked up. There were small details, like broken tiles in the bathroom, and you had to close the toilet to reach the flush buttons and the room door looked like someone had tried to prise it open. There were no sockets for the kettle, except near the bedside locker, so making tea was a bit odd. The breakfast was decent, but it took ages for anyone to come to the desk for check out. Its a nice hotel in a great place, obviously doing a big trade in pub food and at the evening restaurant which was nicely appointed. But the place needs some upgrade for the rates they are charging. I enjoyed staying there, but probably wouldn't go back.
"Lovey place"
07/08/15 Egle B Trim
We stayed in Strand Inn for one night a week ago and we really enjoyed it.The best thing about it is the location.And if you are lucky with the weather,like we were,you can sit outside,have lunch or a drink,enjoy the sun and the view of the bay. We booked family room as we are family of four.Room number 15 actually had two bedrooms,which was great,as our two boys were able to have their own space.Rooms were clean and comfy.Just one thing,when you flush the toilet,it takes 20 minutes for water to fill up again :)Something to do with the pressure i suppose.Shower was very weak as well.The rest was great. We had lunch in the bar and all four of us enjoyed it.But dinner in the restaurant not so much,food was average. There is lovely park just 5 minutes walk from the Inn.Beautiful views and great play park for kids there as well. Overall,great place to stay,we would definitely go back.
"ATTENTION TO DETAIL"
07/01/15 19warrior81 County Clare, Ireland
We found the hotel,to be a very nice hotel with stunning views from the rooms with the balcony,staff were very nice although some of the younger barmen didnt seem bothered.my only complaint was housekeeping standards,lightbulbs not replaced in the bathroom,loose sockets in the rooms which is quiet dangerous,also our front door looked like someone had tried to force entry. with a large chip on the wood near the lock,it didnt look nice.this hotel has huge potential if looked after properly.constructive critism
"Average Bar food in a drafty pub"
06/29/15 tincan06 Dublin, Ireland
we had "dinner" there last week and while the menu reads well it doesn't convert to the plate. Mussels and prawns is what we both ate but the portions were small and we had to ask for brown bread. Bread and water are a must on every table even in a pub. There was a breeze blowing through the place which made us move tables as it was uncomfortable.
"it is ok for quick lunch"
06/28/15 maggiedino Clonmel, Ireland
We ordered three different dishes. The best was definitely catch of the day, fried fish with chips really lovely and very fresh. We paid for three of us about 45 euros including drinks so not bad at all. It is great spot when it is sunny as it is literally on the beach. Could be cleaner as table require in my opinion more attention from staff, other than that no complains. If you close stop for a lunch and order that delicious fish :).
"A very disappointing stay"
06/28/15 wingy56 hertfordshire
We were very disappointed with the room allocated for our one night's stay. It overlooked the back yard. The door to the bathroom hit the toilet as you opened it. The light above the mirror in the bathroom did not work. We had a double bed and a single in our room which was not requested it was supposed to be a double room. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed we have slept in during our two week stay in Ireland. Added to that it was the most expensive!! The breakfast was adequate although I did have to point out that there was a fly on the open pots of marmalade sitting in the dining room. I did tell the receptionist upon leaving of my dissatisfaction and she reduced the price.