All hotels in Edson, Alberta, Canada

Uncomfortable
    Bad amenities
did the job
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014

"Front Desk Service is bad"
Service is really bad - don't stay here
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
"Don't book if you have small kids or seniors"
Requested 2 of the 3 rooms on main floor when booking, as there were Seniors in the group. Econo Lodge accepted the requests but when it came time to check in there was only 1 room on the main floor. Desk staff were not helpful or courteous. No help with luggage was offered, no apology no nothing.
2 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2015
Ed
"Not recommended"
Dirty and smelly room. The water from the pipes was brown and they had the saddest continental breakfast ever
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2015
Abel
"Price was right"
Disappointed in the continental breakfast. Very little selection, overall poor.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Kerry
"Quiet and clean"
Econo Lodge is a small facility in quiet location. Even though it is right off the highway heading east, we never noticed the sounds of traffic. The suite was clean and comfortable. Really appreciated the quiet air conditioning system. Only down side; Staff appeared too "laid back" and lacking in experience to qualify this establishment for a full scale rating.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Just a 2 night stay to see friends in Edson AB very small oil & gas town
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
We slept in the room . We did not spent a lot of time in the room. The bathroom was very small. The continental breakfast was unexpected so very nice. The staff was very helpful
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
"EconoLodge Edson nice enough"
The staff were friendly and accommodating. The floor in our room could have used more attention in the way of being cleaned after the last guests. There was a bottle cap in full view and various bits of grit here and there. The situation with electrical outlets needs some upgrading. There was a power bar hanging underneath the table the microwave sat on and we had to unplug the TV to use that outlet for the coffee maker in the morning. Granted, this seemed like an older building, so likely it could use some upgrading with respect to electrical wiring. On the positive side, it was quiet, despite the proximity to a well used street just yards from the front of the building. We did not hear any disruptive noises from other guests. The beds were a bit hard, but the bedding was clean and the pillows quite ample. We would stay there again without hesitation.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
Laurie
"good and some not so good"
The receptionist was courteous; however when I fell by tripping over a crumpled rug; instead of getting up to help me, she just asked if I was okay when I was still lying on the floor. After I got up \, I told her the rug should be removed before someone tripped over the rug resulting in broken bones The party I came with straightened the rug and when I left in the morning the rug was still there...I did hurt my shoulder but it is healing; hence the rug should either be glued to the floor or be removed...I am a healthy 60 year old but another person my age could have broken a bone.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Our room was very clean how ever the detergent used for cleaning was quite strong
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Too close to tracks"
The breakfast was good, limited space though. Staff were excellent!
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"One night stay. Just passing through."
Terrible experience. I was told at checking that there was only one key to the room. At 12:05 am the door to the room opened and woke my son and I up from our sleep. The security bar was on therefore the person could not get in. I told the person at the front desk the next day and all I got was sorry. I will never stay at a econo lodge again.
"In transit took few rooms left in this oil town"
Room was large with two queen beds and nice flat screen TV, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. It always amazes me when housekeeping makes up room why they don't check the lamps etc to make sure they are plugged in and working, only takes a few minutes. The bathroom is so small you can't even close the door if your standing inside unless your on the throne. The wash sink is atleast outside the bathroom. Front desk staff not very friendly or grateful for your business, lack any customer service. No greeting, no hello, no thanks for staying, or how was your stay. This is a oil rig town so probably pleasantries went out the window a long time ago.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Don
"good price"
nothing fancy but clean. other amenities are not close by but the price is good.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Good value.however it was a bit too close to the very busy rail line
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2014
Vic
"complete s#!%"
everything about this place sucked. The location, it smells as soon as you walk in. Worst of all the beds were insanely uncomfortable and the pillows were rocks i probly got 2 hours of sleep during the 9 hours i was in bed. I will not be returning. also the continental breakfast is a joke. stale bread and stale cereal and old fruit.
1 night business trip Apr 8, 2014
"Clean but noisy......"
It was just Okay...but noisy, rooms are not very sound proof. probably won't stay there again.
1 night trip Jan 19, 2014
Ken
"Won't stay there again"
The place had a weird smell when we checked in. The chamber maids were talking loudly down the hallway at each other waking me up at6:45 am . Poor breakfast area and the food was so so what was left when we got there to eat. Overall a poor experience and won't be staying there again!
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
Joel
"Good value for the cost"
Clean, large room. Recently reovated. Comfortable bed with quality bedding. Easy to locate. Quiet. Good value for the cost.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Beds were very hard, like sleeping on double box springs, most uncomfortable, not much sleep for $117.00. Not recommended for senior people!!
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2013
Doug
"Average"
The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. Beds were not super comfortable and the air conditioner was very loud. All in all it was an ok experience.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
they included a free breakfast which is a do-it-yourself which is fine but they only had 2 tables right next to the check-in desk which made it cramped. since both tables were in use we skipped the breakfast. the pillows were very hard the children did not sleep well. also they are located right by the train tracks.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"One night stay on the road to Edmonton"
Old building. Clean but could use a renovation. large room but bathroom couldn't turn off fan.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Edson Super 8"
Alright, but the rate could have been lower for the quality & condition the room was in.
1 night romance trip Jul 13, 2013
Lady Di
"Econolodge Review"
We arrived late in the evening, tired out after a full day of driving and were impressed with the caring staff.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"Convenient"
Convenient location between Calgary and Jasper. Better than expected.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2013
Overall our stay was pleasant.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"Last minute stay on long weekend"
I made a last minute trip to Jasper for the long weekend, and of course, no hotels were available within 100 miles, so I spent the night in Edson. The hotel was nice, clean and comfortable and the staff was very polite. Also dog-friendly!! The breakfast was bare-bones and there was only seating for about 5-6 people, but it was just right for toast and coffee before hitting the road. Excellent value for price paid!!
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
Elaine
"Quick Trip"
It was a late check in and out 6 hours later, they were waiting for us. It was nice!
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"basic but clean"
Great place to rest after a long drive, quiet
1 night trip May 18, 2013
Fifi

TripAdvisor reviews for Econo Lodge Edson

"places NOT TO STAY"
09/20/15 garey n Edmonton, Canada
I recently was booked into the Econo Lodge Edson by the company I work for. I found the rooms satisfactory however the bathrooms are very small with very little room to move. Their continental breakfast consisted of three kinds of cereal , juice boxes fruit and bacon and eggs which must be reheated in a microwave. You get to sit at 2 small tables in the lobby to eat your breakfast. Hotel staff ( 1 in particular ) that park in handicap stalls ( 1) and get very rude and order the guest around . Then call the RCMP on you for taking a picture of the offending car in a handicap stall. Their pricing is more expensive that the INN next door which has a much better continental breakfast, ( scrambled eggs , sausages and hashbrowns ) more facilities including a pool , exercise room , sauna , restaurant , dishes and cutlery in the rooms with actual cups not plastic like next door at Econo Lodge and better tv service. All in all, I would strongly recommend not to book at the Econo Lodge Edson. Check the INN next door , You WILL be happier
"Poor breakfast"
08/16/15 Paul B
Continental breakfast was minimal had to ask for fruit no juice or hot chocolate till I asked the girl no bread for toast room not very sound proof bed for a queen size bed did not feel like a queen size bed that was very springy room was ok for the price
"Not very soundproof"
08/15/15 Steve519747 Waterloo, Canada
Service at the front desk was good. Rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The outside of the building and hallways need some attention. The place was not very soundproof and the people talking/ arguing in the hallway in the middle of the night made for a poor sleep. The doors have alarms on them and someone didn't close their door properly when they left early in the morning....I had to walk the hallway and find the door with the alarm and close it. Breakfast was minimal but served its purpose
"Better than expected"
08/28/14 abfordguy
Clean rooms, quiet, comfortable beds. Great place to stay on a budget. The exterior certainly could use some updating but we were pleasantly surprised with the room itself. Very accommodating staff allowed us an early check in. More than satisfied.
"Small, simple but adequate"
08/16/14 TaraDVancouv Alberta, Canada
We stayed here on our way through town. It's a simple place, but for the price it's adequate. Our king bed was comfy, and although the room smelled sort of funny - yet we had a good stay. Continental was early, and simple but enough for us. No frills but we slept well.
"Comfortable and nice"
08/16/14 Amanda L Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Our room was nice. It had both a microwave a small fridge. The best part was the balcony looking to the forested area behind the building. A warning, though: Don't expect to sleep in here! The suite doors are equipped with an alarm that goes off if your door does not close all the way. Early in the morning, alarms start going off all up and down the corridors. Breakfast is only served until 9:30.
"Large room, clean, comfortable sleep"
07/28/14 Don D West Kelowna, Canada
I stayed here for a night while in transit, the room was oversized with two queen beds even though it was for myself. The room had a fridge, micro wave, coffee maker. I found the room comfortable and nice flat screen TV and wireless connection. The room is clean and not cluttered with useless decorations. The room faced the main highway so can be noisy with traffic from the main highway through town but not extreme. The only issue is the tiny bathroom that you can hardly turn around in let alone stand inside and shut the door. Smallest I have ever seen, the sink is outside so much more convenient. The front desk staff, are about as unfriendly as you can find without as much as a hello, thank you, and how was your stay. Having said that it might be the result of the ongoing cliental of rig pigs that can bring down most people over years.
"Wouldn't stay again"
07/13/14 Mishiek Fort mcmurray
The tub leaked and when I turned it on brown water came out ...toilet rocked when u sat on it... Fan was loud and really loud from the highway traffic ... Staff wasn't very helpful either when I asked about a playpen or crib... Hallways were filthy and walls needed a good wash
"Great stay after a LONG drive."
06/09/14 ChefJohnS Fort Myers, Florida
We got off the ferry at 2am in Prince Rupert and drove to Edson for the second leg of our Alaska to Virginia relocation(leg 1 was the ferry). When we got there, we were ready to crash and burn. The lady at the desk was very helpful and got us checked in very quickly. The room was clean and well-appointed for an Econo Lodge and we were very pleased. The front desk lady even recommended a restaurant nearby that was outstanding.
"Bad experience for on line booking!"
04/30/14 Twobear_22 Edmonton
I booked this hotel on line on booking.com for a one nighter. It should have been at least decent as a 2 star. Ok, the room was small. The problem was the lack of water pressure for one. The big problem was our bathroom fan, and the neighbours one! They both sounded like a helicopter taking off. And in out room. A person could not use the bathroom without turning it on and awaking the other. When the neighbour turned his on at 9 pm and left it on, we had to ask for an other room.