All hotels in Dresden, Ohio, United States of America
42 West Dave Longaberger Ave, Dresden, OH, 43821, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
    4.9
    4.8
"They go out of their way to make you feel at home!"
Main floor room was very helpful for my 80 year old mother. Allison heard us talking to my sister who was meeting us the next day and invited her and my niece for breakfast with us. Marin prepared a wonderful breakfast! And for 2 extra people. Wonderful place to stay!
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
Ann Marie
"Great Bed & Breakfast for the area"
My daugher and I had a really nice time staying at the Pines of Dresden. The Inn Keepers were great. A really fun experience.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
City Girls
"Great place to stay in Ohio!"
Marin and allie were so sweet and welcoming! They had thought of everything and made us feel so comfortable. The food that Marin prepared was delicious!!
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Quiet and Comfortable, Home Away From Home"
Excellent and gracious hosts. Very clean, comfortable and quiet room. Breakfast meals were delicious and the service wonderful. Within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Will definitely stay again.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Gayle
"perfect weekend get-away"
Beautiful home and gardens - very comfortable and relaxing. Hosts were exceedingly helpful and friendly without being overbearing. Fabulous food was wonderfully prepared and served, with great attention to detail. I would highly recommend a stay at The Pines of Dresden.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Katie
"Home Away From Home"
The Pines of Dresden Bed & Breakfast was wonderful. The innkeepers welcomed my oldest daughter, children, and me--Noni--that it felt like we were old friends :) My grandchildren ran all over the spacious yard, played hide n seek, climbed a tree, picked up rocks to look for bugs, petted the bulldog... they were welcomed! How refreshing :) The innkeepers thought of everything--two nice cool containers: one with mint and the other with cucumber, evening dessert, coffee, hot water for tea or hot chocolate. The home is as child-proof as can be. The large bedroom accommodated us easily. We had our own bathroom which was quite nice. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the gazebo. Allison even filled our water bottles :)
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Sue
"Fabulous B&B"
We stayed here the weekend my daughter was graduating from Kenyon College. From the moment we drove up and saw the manicured gardens and were greeted by the lovely proprietor Allison, we felt immediately at home! The house is spectacular and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious! I only wish I knew about this gem when my daughter was a freshman- not the weekend she was graduating. I highly recommend staying at this beautiful B&B!
Other trip May 18, 2015
Colette
"Stay AND eat at the Pines of Dresden B&B"
A wonderful b&b tucked back in huge pine trees in Dresden, OH. Allison and Marin are wonderful hosts and Marin a top notch chef. I had a wonderful 1st floor room with double bed and bath. When I arrived the fire was blazing and the room beautifully decorated like a country Christmas. Their dog Sissie soon became my best friend of the hour. They sent me a choice of menu items beforehand and then served me a fabulous dinner out on the heated porch. Dinner consisted of a delicious tomato bisque with a Parmesan crouton (all made by Marin), a steak (perfectly cooked and cut in strips) with tomatoes Florentine and delicious potatoes, and a pumpkin creme brulee for dessert. After dinner I sat by the fire with Sissie and one of the cats. Breakfast was equally delightful... a light, fluffy omelet with fresh chives, sausage, and grapefruit slices drizzled with honey. This was a great find! Allison and Marin are wonderful hosts, and I'd go back there again in a minute, if just for the food:~)
1 night trip Dec 20, 2014
"Another Wonderful Stay in Dresden!"
Thanks to Allison & Marin, The Pines was a return to our home away from home. The food was delicious, coffee was on point, and the hospitality(as always) was second to none. Can't wait till our return trip to the area soon.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
"Deee-lightful"
Gracious host and hostess....began with dinner on the porch. Hostess personnally delivered us to our room at the annex in town and breakfast was delivered promptly as promised in the morning. Lovely walk around town in early morning.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"Awesome Experience"
This was our first BnB. The Hosts were gracious and friendly and treated us like family. The big old house was full of charm. Ideally located near many historic sites and shops. The food was absolutely amazing. The 3 cats and 1 dog helped with being away from our own "kids". Plan to go back for sure.
2 night romance trip Jun 19, 2014
Mike & Kimberly Sales
"Slight charm in no way made up for deficiencies."
For 2/3 the price a friend got a motel room with 2 queen beds (suitable for sharing at no additional cost) and all the amenities the "Bed and Breakfast" lacked. The rooms lacked a refrigerator, microwave or coffee maker.Those were available in the kitchen but not as convenient. The freezer compartment of the refrigerator had little space because it had not been defrosted in a long time. The refrigerator would not have had enough space for 4 rooms if everyone had things to keep refrigerated. The rustic chic kitchen table was annoyingly uneven. The room had less than 3 feet of space around furniture. There was no place to hang clothes. There was no way to set the temperature (too chilly for me.) My bathroom was across the hall. Caulking and flashing were shoddy. only soap was from a dispenser in the shower. No glass to brush teeth. Wallpaper had puckered open seams. Cutesy decor was shabby. My room was in a house a few blocks from the given address where we checked in. Low quality coffee was made at about 8 AM unless you made it yourself -- without benefit of a coffee scoop. The breakfast one day consisted of an insulting, small doughnut of the type you would find in a package in a vending machine, plus a small slice of a breakfast casserole that I found inedible (though other guests liked it.) I am not sure if this was the included "continental" breakfast, or the sit down breakfast which cost extra (that should have been included in a "Bed and Breakfast."
Response by The Pines of Dresden Bed and Breakfast
We want to thank you for taking the time to write such a well thought-out review of your stay at The Ivy Bed and Breakfast, and your kind words about our staff. We do take pride in our service and ability to accommodate the needs and tastes of all our guests. Although you were not able to book a room at The Pines, we do apologize that The Ivy did not meet your expectations. We realize that not every guest is open to the bed and breakfast experience. Most of our guests appreciate the historic accommodations that we provide, understanding that the rooms may not be the same size, or have the same decor as your standard motel chain that you may prefer. Being a small, independent, non-corporate business gives us the flexibility to cater to every guest’s individual needs, no matter how eclectic they may be. It is this flexibility that allowed us to deal with the unexpected addition of your pet rabbit and its over-sized cage. We were also able to put you in a room where the enthusiastic practicing of your musical instrument was not too much of an inconvenience to the other guests. We do realize that yours was a last minute decision to stay with us, as the motel in which your friend was staying would not accept your pet rabbit. At your reluctance towards paying our one-time $15 pet fee, we contacted every other lodging option in the area to no avail. Realizing that no other places were willing to accommodate you and your pet rabbit, we juggled things to make sure you and your pet rabbit had a place to stay. We tried to turn a stressful trip for you and your pet rabbit into a pleasant experience. And we truly thought we succeeded in making you and your pet rabbit feel welcome. We are truly dismayed that this was not the case. That being said, we apologize that you did not experience the same satisfaction as that of the other guests that weekend. We did try our best to create an enjoyable breakfast that would fit within the confines of your stringent and extensive guidelin
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
JD
Very peaceful, relaxing and comfortable. Good food , good people.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
We were very pleased with everything about this place. The owners were very friendly and the food was great. we will be going there again. I recommend this place.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
sue A.
"Convenient to the meeting I was attending."
The rate was reasonable and the bed and breakfast was clean and easy to find.
1 night business trip May 17, 2014
"Fantastic"
The stay was fantastic and the hosts were wonderful. I was there to get to know the area for relocation and the advice and help were much appreciated. The food was wonderful and it was always nice to come back to a comfortable room. Would recommend to anyone.
3 night business trip May 14, 2014
Rebecca
"Comforts of Home"
This was our first experience with a bed and breakfast facility. We very much enjoyed the seclusion of the country home. The home owners were awesome, very personable, professional and attentive to the needs of the boarders. If you're looking for a QUITE country get away - this is an excellent choice! The food is fabulous and enjoyable dining ambiance.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Bed and Breakfast"
Even though this was a bed and breakfast there was no breakfast on Sunday - and on Saturaday no milk for tea and no seconds on any brekfast item.
Response by The Pines of Dresden Bed and Breakfast
​We are so sorry that you missed breakfast on Sunday. We do offer a full gourmet breakfast at 9:00 at The Pines, and we deliver a light breakfast to The Ivy at 8:30 on Sundays. We are happy to deliver an earlier breakfast at our guests' request, and regret ​that we were unaware of your early departure. Marin had prepared a special vegetarian breakfast for you that met all your dietary needs, and I'm sorry you didn't get to experience it. Our breakfasts are a big part of our guests' stay and a main reason they return. We feel very flattered that you enjoyed Saturday breakfast at The Pines enough to want seconds! Our guests rarely leave our table with room for more, but Marin's delectable dishes do have a way of encouraging over-eating. :-) We try our best to accommodate all guests' needs that we are made aware of, and encourage them to let us know beforehand if they are vegetarian, or would prefer milk over cream. That's the nice thing about staying at a B&B, the innkeepers/owners will usually go out of their way to fill requests that will make your stay even more enjoyable. Making you happy makes us happy. :-) Marin and Allison The Pines of Dresden Bed and Breakfast
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Perfect"
Our stay was perfect. Hospitality was unbelievable.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
Charles Doan
"Quaint Bed and Breakfast"
I loved this little place and the food was great! I had privacy, a comfortable bed, hot water, and a delightful time in the area.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
KFW
"amazing"
Our First Time At A B&B. We Will Definitely Be Back. Marin & Allison Are Two Terrific People And Made Us Feel Right At Home. They Were Great With Our Three Year Old. Thank You For The Great Service And Amazing Stay. The Duda's Jim, Judy & Abbagayle
5 night family trip Sep 12, 2013
"We had a great stay at The Pines."
It was like coming home for a visit. The dinner was outstanding and very romantic. .
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
"Best Kept Traveler's Secret"
Charming and wonderful B&B. Was in area to see Longaberger Basket factory but this was a much better find. Marin and Allison are gracious hosts and have the personalities to be superb Innkeepers. Would recommend this to anyone who wants a great experience and a memorable stay.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2013
Fred and Anna
"Clean and personal attention"
We were well treated and glad we stayed there. Off the "beaten path". Downtown Dresden (two blocks away) worth a walk through. I would stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2013
John W.
Innkeepers were very accommodating and pleasant. Food was excellent. Not only did we have breakfast but we also purchased dinner which was great. The dinner menu was larger than expected and it was very easy to choose what we both enjoyed. Close to downtown Dresden and Longenberger Homestead. We were going to Cambridge for an art festival and this location was very convenient.
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2013
"Peaceful Retreat"
The family that takes care of you does an excellent job of anticipating your needs. We plan on returning to The Pines when visiting our family in nearby Zanesville.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2013
"Quite B & B"
Service was excellent, food was good, wish we could have stayed longer.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Read with grain of salt"
This B&B has two location within a few blocks of one another; The Pines and The Ivy. We stayed in the Ivy building, which is definitely the lesser of the two. Unfortunately, we had a somewhat noisy neighbor who kept us up. I don't fault the B&B for this, but the walls are slightly thinner than your typical hotel, so you are at the mercy of the consideration of the other guests. If I were to be in the area again, I would definitely try staying at the Pines. It's a beautiful house, and that's where the exquisite cooking takes place. The host, Allison, is very nice and helpful. If it wasn't for her, I might have given the place a lower rating. The Ivy doesn't deliver the "wow" factor that comes with a B&B experience, but overall we were satisfied.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"Lovely, relaxing and quiet."
My daughter and I enjoyed our 1-night stay with Ali and Marin. We felt very welcome and enjoyed their many pets (3 cats and a spoiled bulldog). The room was very comfortable and the surroundings so quiet. It made for a great night's sleep. Our hosts recommended a local restaurant for dinner which was also a winner. Our breakfast was lovely - looked awesome and tasted great, too. Ali put out snacks at night and there's a fridge you are welcome to visit or store your own stuff in. We enjoyed it totally. Wish I could have spent several more nights. We'd stay here again for sure.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"Great Getaway spot"
Marin and Allison were wonderful hosts, the food was special and the setting was ten times better that a motel in the middle of a black-topped parking lot. We'll be back next summer.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"tranquility and great food"
Loved staying here, the hosts are warm and friendly, the food was wonderful, the house is restored nicely. We opted to have dinner, which was fantastic. Dessert is put out at night for guests which was delicious. The breakfast was a decadent French toast soufflé accompanied by candied bacon, eggs, and fresh watermelon. We can't wait to stay here again sometime.
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2013
"home away from home"
Marin and Allison are excellent hosts. Evening dessert was delicious, as well as breakfast the next morning The property is immaculate, but warm and inviting. Rooms are very comfortable. An inn which I look forward to returning, hopefully in the near future.
1 night trip May 26, 2013
Christina
Our stay was superb. I staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a wonderful stay. We would stay there again. The breakfast and evening dessert was delicious!
2 night family trip May 25, 2013
Cathie
"Relaxing visit"
We spent two nights at The Ivy (Sunshine Room), and were delighted with the B&B. The service was warm and responsive, the food was delicious, and the setting was beautiful and soothing. It required a bit of a drive in the country (at least for us city-folk), but was worth it. We came away feeling renewed and relaxed.
2 night trip May 10, 2013
A & D
"Regatta weekend"
We were very pleased with our stay at The Ivy - the sister site to the Pines. If we ever find ourselves in the area again, we will definitely try and get a room at the Pines, to take advantage of the wonderful food that we only heard about. Our schedule didn't really allow us to linger as we were attending our son's regatta. Allison and Marin were kind enough to leave us a breakfast-to-go in the refrigerator each morning.
2 night trip with friends May 10, 2013
2 night trip Jun 12, 2014
1 night trip Jul 11, 2013
Kathi
1 night trip Apr 19, 2013
andy

TripAdvisor reviews for The Pines of Dresden Bed and Breakfast

"The best Christmas present"
01/17/16 lindaregula Zanesville, Ohio
Spent the night at The Pines at Dresden...a wonderful Christmas present from my hubby, Jim. The B&B owners, Marin and Allison are awesome hosts who made us feel right at home in their beautifully restored home, era 1800's.... . We sat in the brick-walled kitchen talking, and drinking wine, as Marin prepared a delicious meal (I'm vegan, and Jim is a meat and potatoes man) I ate basil tomoto soup, bruschetti with tomato chutney, stuffed portabella mushrooms, potatoes with slivers of asparagus, and pumpkin roll with carmel sauce...Jim had salmon over mashed potatoes, asparagus, bruschetti, and same desert. Dinner was served on antique dinnerware...lovely. We stayed in our favorite room, the Bluebird Room, surrounded by antiques, handmade quilts on the bed, and fireplace. Sissy, the English bulldog, and Oreo, the cat, are also great hosts and, when invited, give guests lots of loving attention. and since my husband and I both love animals, we got lots of loving from them both. Best Christmas present...ever!
"Wonderful B&B!!"
10/21/15 Virginia S Cincinnati, Ohio
This was our second stay at The Pines and we absolutely LOVED it! Alli and Marin are both wonderful and the Inn is so warm and inviting. My Grandma, my Aunt and myself stayed here for our second time while visiting the Longaberger Homestead and the basket shops in downtown Dresden. We love The Pines and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else! We really enjoyed their sweet dog Sissy and their amazingly friendly cats Oreo and Toby. This is a great home away from home! Marin is an amazing cook - dessert the night of our arrival and breakfast the next morning were delicious!! He is a top notch chef - very impressive!! We stayed in the Blue Bird room and it is beautiful. All the accommodations from home that you could want. We truly hope the Longaberger Homestead stays open for business so we can return again next year! Thanks so much to Alli and Marin for making our second stay wonderful and memorable!! - Virginia
"Family Labor Day Visit"
09/15/15 Joan H Avon Lake, Ohio
A unique, peaceful country setting where you can rejuvenate your spirit in the beautiful Ohio countryside. Alli and Marin will welcome you and cook for you like family. You can relax in the gorgeous backyard gazebo, sip homemade lemonade and visit on the screened porch, and sleep in amazingly comfortable rooms with a real country feel and view. Breakfast is Fabulous! Were able to add our son and daughter-in-law for breakfast with no problem. They will also cook your family dinner for you! Amazing experience!
"Always a pleasure"
09/11/15 Elaine R Strongsville, Ohio
The room, location and amenities are superb! Pines is a lovely place to spend a relaxing stay in a serene atmosphere. Marin and Allison have a warm and welcoming way of making their guests feel special. Marin's culinary skills are extraordinary. We love you, the cats and especially Sissy! Hope to be back soon.
"Better Than a Hotel"
09/01/15 Kathy M Salinas, California
Our stay at The Pines was in the middle of a 4-week road trip and a welcome break from regular hotels. Alli and Marin offer a true feeling of Americana...warm hospitality, delicious food, and an ideal setting with furnishings that make you feel comfortable.
"Best dinner ever!"
08/13/15 Steve_and_Sandy_F South Shore, Kentucky
Both Alli and Marin were excellent hosts. We stayed at The Ivy, and it was very nice. We had to leave early, and a delicious breakfast was in the refrigerator with our name on it. Next time we hope The Pines house will be available to experience it too. Our dinner was out of this world! Marin is a fine chef. Alli is the sweetest lady! She made our stay very comfortable. Thanks, and God bless!
"Mother/Daughter Longaberger Weekend"
07/21/15 Sherri T
Our first time in the area and we were absolutely delighted! All of the food was simply amazing and Marin is a "Master Chef". Best Chicken Marsala on the planet! For the first time ever, I did not use a salt shaker. Allison was a gracious host, so sweet and personable! They both were so considerate and accommodating. The Pines Bed & Breakfast was beautiful inside and out. We loved the pets and the music too. Our stay was so fun and relaxing that my daughter and I did not want to leave! We are looking forward to our next visit! Thank you Allison and Marin for making this weekend a wonderful college graduation gift for my daughter!
"Family Visit"
07/15/15 Jeri W Glenoma, Washington
I am originally from the area and return to visit family a couple times a year. I have been impressed with their hospitality and highly recommend them to anyone who will be in the area. Wonderful people, delicious food and great hosts. Love it there and can't wait for my next trip home.
"Mother/Daughter weekend trip"
07/15/15 LauraLou33 Norwalk, Ohio
The Pines of Dresden was our first experience with a bed & breakfast and we were very pleasantly surprised Our hosts were very friendly and pleasant and welcoming. Everything about it was comfortable and relaxing. We didn't plan on dinner at the B&B but we should have.... Marin is a wonderful cook. We had a scrumptious dessert and yummy breakfast. Alli and the critters were cheerful. We will stay at the Pines if we visit Dresden again.
"Dresden weekend stay"
07/10/15 Julie M Valparaiso, Indiana
If your ever in Dresden you have to stay at "The Pines" service is out of this world. Marin and Allison are such wonderful hosts. We had a gourmet dinner prepared for us that was out of this world. Highly recommend a stay!!! We are here for two nights and I wish it was longer.