All hotels in Dresden, Ohio, United States of America
42 West Dave Longaberger AveDresdenOH43821United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
    4.9
    4.8
    4.8
"They go out of their way to make you feel at home!"
Main floor room was very helpful for my 80 year old mother. Allison heard us talking to my sister who was meeting us the next day and invited her and my niece for breakfast with us. Marin prepared a wonderful breakfast! And for 2 extra people. Wonderful place to stay!
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
Ann Marie
"Great Bed & Breakfast for the area"
My daugher and I had a really nice time staying at the Pines of Dresden. The Inn Keepers were great. A really fun experience.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
City Girls
"Great place to stay in Ohio!"
Marin and allie were so sweet and welcoming! They had thought of everything and made us feel so comfortable. The food that Marin prepared was delicious!!
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Quiet and Comfortable, Home Away From Home"
Excellent and gracious hosts. Very clean, comfortable and quiet room. Breakfast meals were delicious and the service wonderful. Within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Will definitely stay again.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Gayle
"perfect weekend get-away"
Beautiful home and gardens - very comfortable and relaxing. Hosts were exceedingly helpful and friendly without being overbearing. Fabulous food was wonderfully prepared and served, with great attention to detail. I would highly recommend a stay at The Pines of Dresden.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Katie
"Home Away From Home"
The Pines of Dresden Bed & Breakfast was wonderful. The innkeepers welcomed my oldest daughter, children, and me--Noni--that it felt like we were old friends :) My grandchildren ran all over the spacious yard, played hide n seek, climbed a tree, picked up rocks to look for bugs, petted the bulldog... they were welcomed! How refreshing :) The innkeepers thought of everything--two nice cool containers: one with mint and the other with cucumber, evening dessert, coffee, hot water for tea or hot chocolate. The home is as child-proof as can be. The large bedroom accommodated us easily. We had our own bathroom which was quite nice. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the gazebo. Allison even filled our water bottles :)
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Sue
"Fabulous B&B"
We stayed here the weekend my daughter was graduating from Kenyon College. From the moment we drove up and saw the manicured gardens and were greeted by the lovely proprietor Allison, we felt immediately at home! The house is spectacular and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious! I only wish I knew about this gem when my daughter was a freshman- not the weekend she was graduating. I highly recommend staying at this beautiful B&B!
Other trip May 18, 2015
Colette
"Stay AND eat at the Pines of Dresden B&B"
A wonderful b&b tucked back in huge pine trees in Dresden, OH. Allison and Marin are wonderful hosts and Marin a top notch chef. I had a wonderful 1st floor room with double bed and bath. When I arrived the fire was blazing and the room beautifully decorated like a country Christmas. Their dog Sissie soon became my best friend of the hour. They sent me a choice of menu items beforehand and then served me a fabulous dinner out on the heated porch. Dinner consisted of a delicious tomato bisque with a Parmesan crouton (all made by Marin), a steak (perfectly cooked and cut in strips) with tomatoes Florentine and delicious potatoes, and a pumpkin creme brulee for dessert. After dinner I sat by the fire with Sissie and one of the cats. Breakfast was equally delightful... a light, fluffy omelet with fresh chives, sausage, and grapefruit slices drizzled with honey. This was a great find! Allison and Marin are wonderful hosts, and I'd go back there again in a minute, if just for the food:~)
1 night trip Dec 20, 2014
"Another Wonderful Stay in Dresden!"
Thanks to Allison & Marin, The Pines was a return to our home away from home. The food was delicious, coffee was on point, and the hospitality(as always) was second to none. Can't wait till our return trip to the area soon.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
"Deee-lightful"
Gracious host and hostess....began with dinner on the porch. Hostess personnally delivered us to our room at the annex in town and breakfast was delivered promptly as promised in the morning. Lovely walk around town in early morning.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"Awesome Experience"
This was our first BnB. The Hosts were gracious and friendly and treated us like family. The big old house was full of charm. Ideally located near many historic sites and shops. The food was absolutely amazing. The 3 cats and 1 dog helped with being away from our own "kids". Plan to go back for sure.
2 night romance trip Jun 19, 2014
Mike & Kimberly Sales
"Slight charm in no way made up for deficiencies."
For 2/3 the price a friend got a motel room with 2 queen beds (suitable for sharing at no additional cost) and all the amenities the "Bed and Breakfast" lacked. The rooms lacked a refrigerator, microwave or coffee maker.Those were available in the kitchen but not as convenient. The freezer compartment of the refrigerator had little space because it had not been defrosted in a long time. The refrigerator would not have had enough space for 4 rooms if everyone had things to keep refrigerated. The rustic chic kitchen table was annoyingly uneven. The room had less than 3 feet of space around furniture. There was no place to hang clothes. There was no way to set the temperature (too chilly for me.) My bathroom was across the hall. Caulking and flashing were shoddy. only soap was from a dispenser in the shower. No glass to brush teeth. Wallpaper had puckered open seams. Cutesy decor was shabby. My room was in a house a few blocks from the given address where we checked in. Low quality coffee was made at about 8 AM unless you made it yourself -- without benefit of a coffee scoop. The breakfast one day consisted of an insulting, small doughnut of the type you would find in a package in a vending machine, plus a small slice of a breakfast casserole that I found inedible (though other guests liked it.) I am not sure if this was the included "continental" breakfast, or the sit down breakfast which cost extra (that should have been included in a "Bed and Breakfast."
Response by The Pines of Dresden Bed and Breakfast
We want to thank you for taking the time to write such a well thought-out review of your stay at The Ivy Bed and Breakfast, and your kind words about our staff. We do take pride in our service and ability to accommodate the needs and tastes of all our guests. Although you were not able to book a room at The Pines, we do apologize that The Ivy did not meet your expectations. We realize that not every guest is open to the bed and breakfast experience. Most of our guests appreciate the historic accommodations that we provide, understanding that the rooms may not be the same size, or have the same decor as your standard motel chain that you may prefer. Being a small, independent, non-corporate business gives us the flexibility to cater to every guest’s individual needs, no matter how eclectic they may be. It is this flexibility that allowed us to deal with the unexpected addition of your pet rabbit and its over-sized cage. We were also able to put you in a room where the enthusiastic practicing of your musical instrument was not too much of an inconvenience to the other guests. We do realize that yours was a last minute decision to stay with us, as the motel in which your friend was staying would not accept your pet rabbit. At your reluctance towards paying our one-time $15 pet fee, we contacted every other lodging option in the area to no avail. Realizing that no other places were willing to accommodate you and your pet rabbit, we juggled things to make sure you and your pet rabbit had a place to stay. We tried to turn a stressful trip for you and your pet rabbit into a pleasant experience. And we truly thought we succeeded in making you and your pet rabbit feel welcome. We are truly dismayed that this was not the case. That being said, we apologize that you did not experience the same satisfaction as that of the other guests that weekend. We did try our best to create an enjoyable breakfast that would fit within the confines of your stringent and extensive guidelin
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
JD
Very peaceful, relaxing and comfortable. Good food , good people.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
We were very pleased with everything about this place. The owners were very friendly and the food was great. we will be going there again. I recommend this place.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
sue A.
"Convenient to the meeting I was attending."
The rate was reasonable and the bed and breakfast was clean and easy to find.
1 night business trip May 17, 2014
"Fantastic"
The stay was fantastic and the hosts were wonderful. I was there to get to know the area for relocation and the advice and help were much appreciated. The food was wonderful and it was always nice to come back to a comfortable room. Would recommend to anyone.
3 night business trip May 14, 2014
Rebecca
"Comforts of Home"
This was our first experience with a bed and breakfast facility. We very much enjoyed the seclusion of the country home. The home owners were awesome, very personable, professional and attentive to the needs of the boarders. If you're looking for a QUITE country get away - this is an excellent choice! The food is fabulous and enjoyable dining ambiance.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Bed and Breakfast"
Even though this was a bed and breakfast there was no breakfast on Sunday - and on Saturaday no milk for tea and no seconds on any brekfast item.
Response by The Pines of Dresden Bed and Breakfast
​We are so sorry that you missed breakfast on Sunday. We do offer a full gourmet breakfast at 9:00 at The Pines, and we deliver a light breakfast to The Ivy at 8:30 on Sundays. We are happy to deliver an earlier breakfast at our guests' request, and regret ​that we were unaware of your early departure. Marin had prepared a special vegetarian breakfast for you that met all your dietary needs, and I'm sorry you didn't get to experience it. Our breakfasts are a big part of our guests' stay and a main reason they return. We feel very flattered that you enjoyed Saturday breakfast at The Pines enough to want seconds! Our guests rarely leave our table with room for more, but Marin's delectable dishes do have a way of encouraging over-eating. :-) We try our best to accommodate all guests' needs that we are made aware of, and encourage them to let us know beforehand if they are vegetarian, or would prefer milk over cream. That's the nice thing about staying at a B&B, the innkeepers/owners will usually go out of their way to fill requests that will make your stay even more enjoyable. Making you happy makes us happy. :-) Marin and Allison The Pines of Dresden Bed and Breakfast
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Perfect"
Our stay was perfect. Hospitality was unbelievable.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
Charles Doan
"Quaint Bed and Breakfast"
I loved this little place and the food was great! I had privacy, a comfortable bed, hot water, and a delightful time in the area.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
KFW
"amazing"
Our First Time At A B&B. We Will Definitely Be Back. Marin & Allison Are Two Terrific People And Made Us Feel Right At Home. They Were Great With Our Three Year Old. Thank You For The Great Service And Amazing Stay. The Duda's Jim, Judy & Abbagayle
5 night family trip Sep 12, 2013
"We had a great stay at The Pines."
It was like coming home for a visit. The dinner was outstanding and very romantic. .
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
"Best Kept Traveler's Secret"
Charming and wonderful B&B. Was in area to see Longaberger Basket factory but this was a much better find. Marin and Allison are gracious hosts and have the personalities to be superb Innkeepers. Would recommend this to anyone who wants a great experience and a memorable stay.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2013
Fred and Anna
"Clean and personal attention"
We were well treated and glad we stayed there. Off the "beaten path". Downtown Dresden (two blocks away) worth a walk through. I would stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2013
John W.
Innkeepers were very accommodating and pleasant. Food was excellent. Not only did we have breakfast but we also purchased dinner which was great. The dinner menu was larger than expected and it was very easy to choose what we both enjoyed. Close to downtown Dresden and Longenberger Homestead. We were going to Cambridge for an art festival and this location was very convenient.
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2013
"Peaceful Retreat"
The family that takes care of you does an excellent job of anticipating your needs. We plan on returning to The Pines when visiting our family in nearby Zanesville.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2013
"Quite B & B"
Service was excellent, food was good, wish we could have stayed longer.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Read with grain of salt"
This B&B has two location within a few blocks of one another; The Pines and The Ivy. We stayed in the Ivy building, which is definitely the lesser of the two. Unfortunately, we had a somewhat noisy neighbor who kept us up. I don't fault the B&B for this, but the walls are slightly thinner than your typical hotel, so you are at the mercy of the consideration of the other guests. If I were to be in the area again, I would definitely try staying at the Pines. It's a beautiful house, and that's where the exquisite cooking takes place. The host, Allison, is very nice and helpful. If it wasn't for her, I might have given the place a lower rating. The Ivy doesn't deliver the "wow" factor that comes with a B&B experience, but overall we were satisfied.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"Lovely, relaxing and quiet."
My daughter and I enjoyed our 1-night stay with Ali and Marin. We felt very welcome and enjoyed their many pets (3 cats and a spoiled bulldog). The room was very comfortable and the surroundings so quiet. It made for a great night's sleep. Our hosts recommended a local restaurant for dinner which was also a winner. Our breakfast was lovely - looked awesome and tasted great, too. Ali put out snacks at night and there's a fridge you are welcome to visit or store your own stuff in. We enjoyed it totally. Wish I could have spent several more nights. We'd stay here again for sure.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"Great Getaway spot"
Marin and Allison were wonderful hosts, the food was special and the setting was ten times better that a motel in the middle of a black-topped parking lot. We'll be back next summer.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"tranquility and great food"
Loved staying here, the hosts are warm and friendly, the food was wonderful, the house is restored nicely. We opted to have dinner, which was fantastic. Dessert is put out at night for guests which was delicious. The breakfast was a decadent French toast soufflé accompanied by candied bacon, eggs, and fresh watermelon. We can't wait to stay here again sometime.
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2013
"home away from home"
Marin and Allison are excellent hosts. Evening dessert was delicious, as well as breakfast the next morning The property is immaculate, but warm and inviting. Rooms are very comfortable. An inn which I look forward to returning, hopefully in the near future.
1 night trip May 26, 2013
Christina
Our stay was superb. I staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a wonderful stay. We would stay there again. The breakfast and evening dessert was delicious!
2 night family trip May 25, 2013
Cathie
"Relaxing visit"
We spent two nights at The Ivy (Sunshine Room), and were delighted with the B&B. The service was warm and responsive, the food was delicious, and the setting was beautiful and soothing. It required a bit of a drive in the country (at least for us city-folk), but was worth it. We came away feeling renewed and relaxed.
2 night trip May 10, 2013
A & D
"Regatta weekend"
We were very pleased with our stay at The Ivy - the sister site to the Pines. If we ever find ourselves in the area again, we will definitely try and get a room at the Pines, to take advantage of the wonderful food that we only heard about. Our schedule didn't really allow us to linger as we were attending our son's regatta. Allison and Marin were kind enough to leave us a breakfast-to-go in the refrigerator each morning.
2 night trip with friends May 10, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

2 night trip Jun 12, 2014
1 night trip Jul 11, 2013
Kathi

TripAdvisor reviews for The Pines of Dresden Bed and Breakfast

"Staying at The Pines of Dresden B&B"
05/02/16 dastrople San Jose, California
My sister, my daughter and I have been staying at the Pines of Dresden for over 15 years. We come at least once a year. The hosts Ali and Marin are so welcoming and friendly, the rooms are spacious, charming and so comfy. The breakfasts and evening desserts are always fabulous. The location is very quiet and convenient to lots of interesting and historic places. It is worth signing up for one of Marin's wonderful dinners. We have met lots of really nice friendly fellow guests.
"Best Bed and Breakfast"
04/29/16 penni61 Middleport, New York
A very friendly and quiet atmosphere. The breakfasts are the best. Would highly recommend Owners are always available to help and have had great conversations. Can relax with others indoors or out or can retreat to your own private room
"Fantastic place to recharge."
04/23/16 Ingrid T Paducah, Kentucky
We plan a yearly trip to gather and recharge our batteries. Marin and Ali give 150% to make each and every stay memorable. We can rest, relax and rejuvenate. We can not imagine a year without being pampered at The Pines. Love you guys. Mean it!
"Wonderful B&B!"
04/15/16 ShelaJo Dresden
It's so great to be spoiled by such friendly folks! Marin is a great chef and Alli is a hostess who always has a smile on her face! This B&B is beautiful inside and has a large outdoor area anyone would love!
"Nice gardens, great food!"
04/14/16 mastergardener49 Dayton, Ohio
A very early Ohio farmhouse on a large yard with nice landscaping. We were given a lovely dessert in the evening and had a delicious breakfast in the morning. The hosts were very friendly. Three of us stayed in a bedroom on the main floor with a queen bed and a twin bed.
"Wonderful Relaxing Visit"
04/14/16 265donaldf West Bloomfield, Michigan
Very much enjoyed our visit and the great service and overall hospitality. Great place to relax and unwind. Have re-booked the whole place for a family reunion in July. Great place to go as an alternative to the hustle bustle of a city hotel.
"Home away from home"
04/14/16 gentman1971 Greenup, Kentucky
It was a great environment. The place was beautiful. You will be welcome and treated like family. I plan on returning there. We were thinking about spending our honeymoon there. I loved the pines! It was a great experience!
"Romantic Hideaway"
04/14/16 691shirleyd Cincinnati, Ohio
A sweet old fashioned setting with a charming young couple, Allie and Marin, to host and prepare a great breakfast , and special order dinner for you. We chose The Pines of Dresden B&B for 2-3 day stays so we could play golf at Longeberger's famous golf course. Antiuquing, touring Longeberger Basket factory, and quiet reunions with friends were also highlights. Shirley and Roy Duff
"Night a way"
04/14/16 Richard H South Charleston, Ohio
I wanted to take my wife on a surprise trip to someplace we had never been. We booked for one date and she became ill and I was forced to cancel. The staff was very understanding and instead of charging me allowed me to re-book for a future date. This was the first step to realizing I made I good decision. ON arrival we were met by a friendly English bull dog . My wife feel in love right away. We then were greeted by the owners of the bed and breakfast and felt at home as soon as we walked in the door. The B&B was left close to the original 1800's wood work and almost was like walking in a museum . Our room had private bathroom and shower with all the comforts of home. There was a evening snack and beverages available . On waking the next morning we heard the music of hundreds of birds and the smell of what ended up being the best breakfast I ever had. We never stayed at a B&B before and are already planning our return. When you are asked for the dinner special take it. I wish we would have as another couple staying with us could do nothing but say how great it was.
"Trying/Dying to get back!!!"
04/14/16 Lisa R Mason, Ohio
My sister and I came to stay for a few days of R&R and we didn't want to leave, the owners knew the right amt of interaction to allow us to enjoy ourselves, and the food was absolutely divine,the only thing I would complain about was that it was only a B&B...not a B&B,L,D!!